The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
Billie from Ockham

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by Billie from Ockham »

John D wrote:It is fun to watch them eat their own!
The irony of your posting this in the middle of a Pit v Mykeru squabble was not lost on me. Was it intentional?

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
The irony of your posting this in the middle of a Pit v Mykeru squabble was not lost on me. Was it intentional?
Are we squabbling with Mykeru? I'm not. Hey, welcome back. Your letters you posted with the lawyer were pure gold.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Another +1 from me.

Good luck to Mykeru.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Mykeru wrote:
deLurch wrote:Ben may not have accomplished everything we might have wished. And I think we all read early on that 99.9% of civil lawsuits end in settlement. But he did accomplish something. He showed that if the SJWs continue to mouth off with unsubstantiated accusations, that someone may eventually take them to court. It was a huge cost to him both in terms of years and money to the tune of about $200k. Stollznow didn't walk away scott free either. She drug Baxter down with her (but he had all of the information to know better). Now they are debasing themselves for a $30 phone bill.
Which makes me ask, as I did Vito, "Are they sniffing coke of a hooker's tits?" because I wonder what happened to the $60k, which could be easily cleared up with an accounting of her expenses and a receipt from whatever "sexual assault victim's center" she was to donate the remainder to. If she kept any of it, they sure burned through it fast, or it's just the control junkie principle that caused Stollznow to wind up Baxter and send him out collecting pocket change.

Sure, litigation cost money, but unless people start pushing back by bringing these clowns to court, their primary playground will always be the court of public opinion where the rules of evidence are slight and superseded by ideology.
John D wrote:
You conveniently left off step c. This is the step where you decided to call PZs university and claim he was a disgrace to them and something should be done. Many of us, myself included, said we thought it was a bad idea. Ultimately, this was your choice and you proceeded with your plan. It was directly after this event that you dropped out of here. This is how a remember the event. Still, I am getting older and a do sometimes forget shit. I also have a poison ivy rash and I was stung by a big fucking wasp Sunday... so... yeah.
You conveniently left out that the reason I called the PR department was that Myers doxed Skep-tickle and provided identifying information, including that of her employer and encouraged his half-assed minions to harass her and engage in tortious interference in the real world. That was disgraceful.

You wouldn't have handled it that way? That's fine. However I'm not the only one who didn't manage consistency in agreeing to disagree. A whole lot of people in this place seem to be critics for its own sake and very often what they are most critical of is anything that rises above apathy. Which is typified by the AVfM issue where people sniffed at the idea of involving those people (my word, what will the bridge club think?) without actually offering any constructive alternative.
Cunning Punt wrote:

There's your problem right there, but it seems by that last comment you're aware of your issue. You did "advanced work" before you were going to take some woman you hardly knew to the Art Gallery? Seriously? Did you want to impress her with how much you knew? Then you fell into a funk because she blew you off.
Well, thanks for the uncharitable interpretation, but the National Gallery is a few blocks away and I had to go for a walk before the work-related incoherence made my brain implode. And no, it wasn't to show how much I know. The little text under the painting that says "Girl with the Red Hat c. 1665/1666. Johannes Vermeer, Dutch, 1632 - 1675" doesn't really get you all that far from the Cliff Notes point of view. Mostly the "advance work" was to check the cafe hours.
If you didn't give women so much power over you you would be a little less frigging mad at the world. Stollznow may be a Ukranian name but whatever her issues she's not your frigging ex. Yes, I watched your video.
Ah, see, I missed this sort of Pit Omniscience*. Someone makes a joke about how I must be attracted to Stollznow due to my psycho ex-GF and you just ran with it? Didn't you? Did it hurt pulling something that big and convoluted out of your ass? Because my actual interactions with Karen Stollznow, in person, online or in email can be counted on one hand if you cut all your fingers off. That is, because of the way she operates she always works through intermediaries. And I have treated her, in that regard as I would anyone who has a history of harassment and intimidation who then comes after me.

But thanks for the Red Pill, dipshit.

*No, no I didn't. It's a waste of fucking brain cells
jet_lagg wrote:
You wanted the pit to follow along with your tactics, or, at a minimum, not take pot shots at those tactics while standing on the sidelines (someone compared you to Surly Amy over the t-shirt thing, which is an admitted low blow). When that didn't happen you threw a literal shit fit, which has since become legend.
Yeah, like the legend of my t-shirt greed and "doxing P.Z. Myers". Pit legends: They're no more true than other legends.
comhcinc wrote:
Mykeru wrote: My fight with Stollznow is for no other reason than she still has not learned that the best way to deal with people is as people, and not as default underlings who she can impose her will on.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-vQPa2bHpYLI/T ... kettle.jpg
Yeah, I miss that late 90s humor too.
katamari Damassi wrote:I remember the issue as being you wanted to go after PZ in RL-calling his employer and such.
Yes, I called the Public Relations Department, who had toted the fine contributions of Myers to inform them that he doxed a medical doctor and then provided personally identifiable information and encouraged his semi-literate readership to harass her and engage in tortious interference in real life.

In "Pit-Speak" that's called "going after" Myers by "calling his employer". And qualifies the discriminating Pitter to a free flop on the fainting couch.

Hey thanks for the trip down cyclical memory lane, kids.
Good to see you back, you silly bugger.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Dave wrote:
Mykeru wrote:Dear Pitizens
If I ever called you a fucking asshole, I meant it in the most respectful, complimentary way.
I, for one, really like fucking assholes.
I also like Mykeru.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Ok think that in a way the fucking SJW wing of the schism were right. Maybe there really is a problem with organized atheism/Skepticism. We didn't see it because we are (hopefully) none of us creepers or rapists. They declared us evil, we looked at ourselves and said "sure, but not in that way towards women" and every male that declared for Social Justice Warriorism is a grade A dirtbag sleaze.

I'm serious. Every male proudly declaring himself a feminist seems to have issues, to put it delicately. It would not surprise me in the least if there really was a problem with sleazy dudes in the movement, but those dumb cows assigned us to be the problem instead of the creeps they were hiding under the covers with.
Many male feminists are Nice Guys, people who think they can have sex by hanging out as "allies" and "one of the good ones". Many others are simply awkward geeks who have no clue about picking up women and about social intelligence in general and fall prey of the witch hunts and of some people with clear issues with paranoia, or with bipolar disorder.

Overall, between the paranoia, the entitlement and the various mental and behavioral issues SJW "safe spaces" are very toxic environments.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Tigzy wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
d4m10n wrote:Operation Missing Stair continues apace, as a third accusation has been posted. So far it's been fairly haphazard, but I expect that eventually all the various accusations will be sorted and organized in an accessible format. I humbly suggest top trumps.
Isn't the accused a member of the FTB Horde?
Why yes. Yes he is.

So far, it looks like those who are gonna be hit the hardest are the SJW/feminist goony beard blokes who hang around in those circles - as it's pretty clear the more normal fellas in atheist/skeptic spheres have by now learned to keep their distance from these SJW harridans (and few would see it as a great loss, I'd wager, unless they have a thing for greasy blue hair, problem glasses, chubbiness and unkempt twiglet pubes (h/t Greta)) In the end, the take-home message will be that social justice has a rape and harassment problem - not that any of the usual suspects will admit that; no, it'll just be the usual atheist rape problem BS. In any case, I look forward to seeing these named and shamed feminist males telling us to believe the women.

Also - Carrier. How long, do you reckon? I give it an average caucasian week before he's named.
Carrier won't be named. His "dozens of girlfriends" likely live in Canada.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

One of the more positive - and yes, it is a positive - aspects to this latest name n shame campaign is that it has actually led to Elyse overstepping the mark enough to get some serious pushback in the comments section: https://www.facebook.com/ElyseMofoAnder ... 0447659104

Hope they keep at it. Harsh as it appears, it's better than the usual play of enabling the daffy bint.

Billie from Ockham

Kirbmarc wrote:Carrier won't be named. His "dozens of girlfriends" likely live in Canada.
You spelled "span from Hong Kong to Poland" incorrectly.

John D

Post by John D »

Oh - Come on. I am not accusing Mykeru of raping someone... Sheesh. I am not "de-friending" him nor am I spreading rumors. We are just disagreeing about something.

Billie from Ockham

John D wrote:Oh - Come on. I am not accusing Mykeru of raping someone... Sheesh. I am not "de-friending" him nor am I spreading rumors. We are just disagreeing about something.
screech!

Now you're attacking me! Help! Help! Rape!

screech!

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Michael J wrote:Almost fell for it again
Crap. I'm soooo gullible. I'm now having a sad.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I only realized that I had been had a few hours ago myself. Look. If you do not say anything. I will not either. OK?
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... ughing.gif

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

d4m10n wrote:Operation Missing Stair continues apace, as a third accusation has been posted. So far it's been fairly haphazard, but I expect that eventually all the various accusations will be sorted and organized in an accessible format. I humbly suggest top trumps.
They are just eating their own huh?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Tigzy wrote:One of the more positive - and yes, it is a positive - aspects to this latest name n shame campaign is that it has actually led to Elyse overstepping the mark enough to get some serious pushback in the comments section: https://www.facebook.com/ElyseMofoAnder ... 0447659104

Hope they keep at it. Harsh as it appears, it's better than the usual play of enabling the daffy bint.
Elyse wrote:It is selfish and inhumane to demand that all survivors pour empathy and compassion upon their fellow survivors. Trauma is not a thing that results in an abundance of emotional stamina and energy to spend on others. When you see a survivor who may seem to be in a backwards position of "not believing the victim", take a step back and remember that for every single human being who goes through a traumatic event, denial is a psychological survival mechanism
It's OK when she does it.

Billie from Ockham

Please note, dear Elyse, that rape can be genetic survival mechanism. Just sayin'.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Tigzy wrote:One of the more positive - and yes, it is a positive - aspects to this latest name n shame campaign is that it has actually led to Elyse overstepping the mark enough to get some serious pushback in the comments section: https://www.facebook.com/ElyseMofoAnder ... 0447659104

Elyse: MEEEEEEE!

Heina: MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

Rando1: MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Rando2: MEEEEE!! MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

Elyse: MEEEEEEE! MEEEEEEEEEE!! MEEEEEEEEE!!!

Rando3: MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Ericb

Post by Ericb »

John D wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:
OMG Marijuanabitch is a rapist too! :o
All those paleontologists ever think of is giant boners. He's a long time baboon and has been a faithful SJW the whole time.
It is fun to watch them eat their own!
https://treeofmamre.files.wordpress.com ... .jpg?w=500

https://menso.files.wordpress.com/2010/ ... g?w=700&h=

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Dave wrote:
If I ever called you a fucking asshole, I meant it in the most respectful, complimentary way.
I, for one, really like fucking assholes.
which brings this to mind...

[youtube]y2GwrR-4Q9E[/youtube]

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

And even though she had nothing to do with the accused, she still manages to make it all about her:
Elyse wrote:I wasn't a victim of his. I am a victim of sexual abuse. This isn't about Dan. What I was upset about was that there was no way to avoid seeing it everywhere, no way to filter it out and there were plenty of people who knew that would be triggering and didn't reach out... I assume there was A LOT of not reaching out while blasting and I there's no way to avoid being triggered. That was upsetting. And triggering.
Don't accuse people of sexual abuse, you're triggering other survivors of sexual abuse. Especially if they're Elyse.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Sick Twitter Burn of the Day, Month and, possibly, the Year, courtesy of Blaire White:

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

(For the record, I think Mykeru is a dick rather than an asshole)

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

Jan Steen wrote:http://i.imgur.com/3QnHrzg.jpg

Warning: links to FTB and The Orbit.
PZ Myers, The Ally Who's Trying Too Hard

Content notice: sexual objectification.

Is there even one cishet white male who is not a scumbag? Is there? I doubt it. srsly. I doubt it very much. Yeah, I can hear you think: "But...but...surely, there are many who are allies, they can't be all bad?" Wrong. Yes, they are all bad. And more and more I've come to the conclusion that it's especially our so-called allies who are bad. They're the worst.

My co-blogger on this network, the esteemed Heina Dadabhoy, who is currently engaged in the writing of the first anti-Islam book that is not islamophobic, and who is bravely battling sizeist abuse and transphobia from the usual suspects, our Heina has just written a post in which she proved that Dan Linford is not safe, especially for femme women and femme AFAB non-binary people.

Who da fuck is Dan Linford? If, like me, you had never heard of the dude before, it will come as a shock to learn that he was one of those predators who pretended to be one of us. A feminist ally. Anyways, since Heina provides all the evidence you need, I will just step over this piece of filth, to draw attention to another one. One who has so far managed to sleaze his way through our circles, in spite of all the tells that showed him for what he was.

Yeah, I'm talking about PZ fucking Myers. PZ Myers, who openly defended Terfia Benson against trans people who were fighting for their right of existence. Myers, who accused said trans people of tribalism, thereby with one stone denying our lived experiences and making it seem as if tribes are just backwards, brown people who can be freely ridiculed.

Like the true predator he is, he pretends that he welcomes the exposure of his fellow predators. So when he read Heina's outing of Dan Lindford as a predator, Myers knew exactly how to react so as to seem on the right side:
I’m horrified, too. Hitting on students? Unforgivable. Trying to manipulate women while claiming to be on their side? Don’t do that.

And thanks for bringing further discredit to my sex.
Don't let him fool you, folks. This is the guy who fantasized about turning his students into mermaids, and about what he would do with them. Is there any significant difference between fantasizing about having a mass orgy with your students and actually hitting on them? Not in my book. Imagine what it must feel like to be a student of his, after you have read his blog post, and then being exposed to his male gaze, while you are supposed to learn something from him. I would be fucking creeped out.

This is also a guy who had a rape accusation on his ass, but then in effect locked his accuser up and went to his superiors to tell them his version of the story first. This is the good ally PZ Myers who claimed to have witnesses to that incident who could exonerate him, while also stating that he had been alone in his lab with the victim. This is fishy, to say the least. Why do we keep giving the guy a pass? He's a creep who needs to be avoided by all femme-identifying people. It's. Time. For. Us. To. Dump. Him. srsly.
This guy/gal seems to have missed the most damning evidence against PZ caught on camera, We'll-do-the-sex-part-latergate.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Jan really should stand up and take a bow.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

paddybrown wrote:(For the record, I think Mykeru is a dick rather than an asshole)
We're dicks. The SJWs are assholes. People like Steven Novella are pussies.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:I, for one, really like fucking assholes.
I'd say that I saw what you did there, but only if I'm allowed to specify verb or adjective.
;)

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Isn't the accused a member of the FTB Horde?
As we all know, when they run out of victims they eat their own. The attack on Myers does not suprise me at all, it was on the cards the second he went SJW.

Also people can be tactile but these poeple are so socially inept they don't grasp simple human interaction. Everything is black and white. They are totally incaplable of understanding anyone's motives, character or actual intent. Myers is particularly incompetant. They are so inept they have to decide what to think by being members of a vicious group and they always listen and believe.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Cnutella wrote:Sick Twitter Burn of the Day, Month and, possibly, the Year, courtesy of Blaire White:
I love Blaire White. She is like the few TG's I know and one of the reasons I think TG's not as raving narcissists but normal, everyday people tying to get on with their lives with all the normal faults and failings.

She also confuses my dick which is a massive boner bonus.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Shall we start running a book on the next recipient of the hex from this coven of SJWitches?

Nate Hevens?

theophhontes?

Or how about Nick Gotts? That would be fun to watch.

They really are terrible people, that Elyse thread is something else, what emotional midgets.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Really? wrote:Heina still hasn't finished her book, but she found time to fuck this Dan Linford guy as hard as possible.
I want to ensure that this follows him, unlike what happened with him at Virginia Tech’s Secular Student Alliance group prior to us knowing him. Dan Linford should never, ever be able to wriggle his way out of being known for who and what he is ever again. He will be held accountable. Even if someone in his life were to be willing to forgive him or believe his remorse, at least they will be able to see the paper trail and make that decision with partial knowledge, since this is not even close to documenting everything shady, creepy, predatory, and just plain wrong that he has done or tried to do.
I hope you're sitting down:
He uses autism and mental illness to excuse his behavior, but that’s not a reasonable excuse or explanation especially when many of the people caught up in this latest round are autistic and/or mentally ill themselves. Indeed, in my own case, I feel my autism made me more vulnerable to his tactics. Furthermore, his pattern of predatory behavior speaks to a level of manipulation and sophistication rather than to random social blunders or awkwardness. The dots connect into a clear picture. As of this writing, a conservative estimate places about two dozen people as having put forth personal accounts of his predatory behavior, many with eerie similarities.
http://archive.is/E4PR9
You left out the funniest bits. The bits where she explained the horrible things Dan Lindford has subjected our Heina to.
Hyena Dadabhoy wrote:At least two dozen people have emerged with accounts that they have disclosed on public Facebook threads about Dan Linford, as well as in private messages and friends-only posts. One of those people is me.
All right, let's see the kind of depraved behaviour they (Heina's preferred pronoun) had to suffer.
Hyena Dadabhoy wrote:The dam around Dan Linford’s behavior in my circles broke during the wee hours of yesterday.
Okay, okay. Don't leave us in suspense. This is becoming unbearable. What, specifically, did he do to you?
Hyena Dadabhoy wrote:He was my friend and (for a period a while back) flirtation partner, someone I thought was an ally, someone I enjoyed spending time out with in a group the one time we met in person.
Wait. Heina met the guy only once and as part of a group, and she enjoyed the experience. She even calls him a flirtation partner, whatever that is. So, what's the problem?
Hyena Dadabhoy wrote:I myself initially bonded with him over philosophy, but he very soon stopped talking academic shop with me even though I still very much wanted to.
That's...inexcusable. How horrible.
Hyena Dadabhoy wrote:To get personal again, he enjoyed some very sexually-charged flirting with me right after he knew I was hurting badly after having been dumped but stopped as soon as I mentioned a very empowered hook-up that I’d had, and even slut-shamed me for it to some extent. I never tried to flirt with him after that and neither did he try to flirt with me.
It looks to me that Heina was enjoying the flirting as well. Lindford apparently stopped flirting after Heina volunteered more information than he desired. Maybe he concluded that she was a nutcase then and there, and wisely stepped back.

But this is not all. There's more disgusting behaviour to report.
To give a personal example, he once used the word “tap” when I obviously meant “press a fingertip on a cell phone screen” to segue into talk about sex, and then acted shocked that I responded positively even though we had flirted before. This play-acting at being a bashful and romantically-lonely sort of guy was completely disingenuous since he clearly had plenty of willing flirting and sexual partners, myself in the former group. I suspect he did it to seem less predatory, prey on sympathies, and deflect suspicion.
The scumbag! The utter, vile scumbag! He "acted shocked" that Heina responded positively to his sexual innuendo. Unbelievable.

And that's all, folks. That's it.

In summary, all we have as far as Heina's personal experience is concerned is that the guy flirted with her and then broke off when they (I mean, Heina) mentioned "a very empowered hook-up" that they (Heina) once had. As long as we don't know what Heina told him about the hook-up, we have no way of judging how reasonable or unreasonable Lindford's response was.

My preliminary conclusion: Heina is a total nutcase with whom you flirt at your own peril. Anything you say to them (Heina) can and will be used against you in a kangaroo court of law.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Either that or Helga has really let herself go...

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Lsuoma wrote:Either that or Helga has really let herself go...
"What a mistake-ah to make-ah"

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Welcome back, Myk.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Jan Steen wrote:
You left out the funniest bits. The bits where she explained the horrible things Dan Lindford has subjected our Heina to.
Hyena Dadabhoy wrote:At least two dozen people have emerged with accounts that they have disclosed on public Facebook threads about Dan Linford, as well as in private messages and friends-only posts. One of those people is me.
All right, let's see the kind of depraved behaviour they (Heina's preferred pronoun) had to suffer.
Hyena Dadabhoy wrote:The dam around Dan Linford’s behavior in my circles broke during the wee hours of yesterday.
Okay, okay. Don't leave us in suspense. This is becoming unbearable. What, specifically, did he do to you?
Hyena Dadabhoy wrote:He was my friend and (for a period a while back) flirtation partner, someone I thought was an ally, someone I enjoyed spending time out with in a group the one time we met in person.
Wait. Heina met the guy only once and as part of a group, and she enjoyed the experience. She even calls him a flirtation partner, whatever that is. So, what's the problem?
Hyena Dadabhoy wrote:I myself initially bonded with him over philosophy, but he very soon stopped talking academic shop with me even though I still very much wanted to.
Hyena Dadabhoy wrote:To get personal again, he enjoyed some very sexually-charged flirting with me right after he knew I was hurting badly after having been dumped but stopped as soon as I mentioned a very empowered hook-up that I’d had, and even slut-shamed me for it to some extent. I never tried to flirt with him after that and neither did he try to flirt with me.
It looks to me that Heina was enjoying the flirting as well. Lindford apparently stopped flirting after Heina volunteered more information than he desired. Maybe he concluded that she was a nutcase then and there, and wisely stepped back.

To give a personal example, he once used the word “tap” when I obviously meant “press a fingertip on a cell phone screen” to segue into talk about sex, and then acted shocked that I responded positively even though we had flirted before. This play-acting at being a bashful and romantically-lonely sort of guy was completely disingenuous since he clearly had plenty of willing flirting and sexual partners, myself in the former group. I suspect he did it to seem less predatory, prey on sympathies, and deflect suspicion.
The scumbag! The utter, vile scumbag! He "acted shocked" that Heina responded positively to his sexual innuendo. Unbelievable.

In summary, all we have as far as Heina's personal experience is concerned is that the guy flirted with her and then broke off when they (I mean, Heina) mentioned "a very empowered hook-up" that they (Heina) once had. As long as we don't know what Heina told him about the hook-up, we have no way of judging how reasonable or unreasonable Lindford's response was.

My preliminary conclusion: Heina is a total nutcase with whom you flirt at your own peril. Anything you say to them (Heina) can and will be used against you in a kangaroo court of law.
Dramatic retelling (or how did it go IMHO):

Heina: ahahahah really liked ur last philo argument u sexy nerd wanted to like ur post but can't tap it

Linford: LOL u said "tap it"

Heina: wanna tap? XD

Linford: WOW. :O u have a dirty mind, u :D

Heina: dirty mind and dirty body

Linford: what do u mean

Heina: had sx yesterday finally 1st time after breakup

Heina: he came in my pussy very hard I loved it

Linford: LOL TMI

Linford: u really r a dirty grl

Linford: gotta go though

Heina: wait y r u going

Heina: more details 2 cum

Heina: cum LOL

Heina: where the hell r u

Linford: sorry was busy

Heina: so was I yesterday, very busy, all night LOL

Heina: really big dick

Heina: y u no answer WTF

Linford: busy working srry

Heina: anyway REALLY big dick

[Linford has left the conversation]

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:Well, this is bound to rustle some jimmies!

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/j ... incomplete
Yep. I understand his concerns. Demographics is destiny. Just ask the Copts in Egypt or Sudan. The hysterics will continue just as it has for the last five years because the TFR in Turkey has seen a rapid decline. From 6.30 in the '50s to the current 2.11 (which as I recall is just below replacement rate).

If things continue as they are, and I believe they will, Turkey will have to accept that there will be no revival of the Ottaman empire in any way shape or form. Instead they are going to see their area of domain diminish.

Their current crop of eligible fighting men is the largest it is going to be. As these men age, there is a declining pool from which to get replacements. The Kurds are going to break away and they will not be able to stop them because they will lack the manpower.

They have company though. Iran for example is facing the same issue. In fact, the last I heard the entire Islamic world is facing a demographic collapse.
I think that a reduction of the ambitions of Turkey might actually be a good thing. The Turks need to realize that the Ottoman Empire is over and there's nothing they can do that can bring it back. The sooner they'll understand this the better.

The rates of fertility are dropping pretty much everywhere, and that's not necessarily a bad thing, because the alternative is a demographic explosion which in the end would cause mass starvation, tensions and likely large-scale wars. The population of Earth will likely reach a peak of 10-11 billions before it'll start to slowly decline, and that's a better alternative to a global population of 30 or 40 billion.

The problem is that we still have no clue how to handle the transition period. The problem isn't the decline of the world population per se but the fact that we'll have an aging population which is no longer supported by young workers. China will likely deal with this crisis by promoting euthanasia for the elderly (willing or not), but other nations won't be this coldly and ruthlessly pragmatic.

Also the ecological crisis caused by global warming will likely cause droughts, crop failures and wars to have access to source of water. In this scenario I think that a large scale war in the Middle East will be very, very hard to avoid.

Another problem will be the fact that the rates of fertility will be very high among the members of traditional reactionary groups, so they'll become more and more influential and deranged, and they'll contribute heavily to tensions and wars.
Yep. But here is the big picture from the Turkish Statistical Institute
which explains the hysterical gibbering from Erdogan.
The population of Turkey is expected to be 84 247 088 in 2023

The population of Turkey will be 84 247 088 in 2023. The population will increase slowly to the year 2050, and it will reach to its highest value with 93 475 575 people in this year. After 2050, the population will start to decline, and it is expected to be 89 172 088 in 2075.

Population of Turkey, 2013-2075
http://www.tuik.gov.tr//hb_en/383/kapak ... 822979.JPG

The proportion of elderly population in the population of Turkey will reach to 10.2% in 2023

If the current trends of demographic indicators persist, the population of Turkey will continue ageing. Elderly population, which is the population at 65 years of age and over, is 5.7 million in 2012 with a proportion of 7.5% and this population will reach to 8.6 million people with a proportion of 10.2% in 2023.

Half of the population of Turkey will be over age 34 in 2023

While the median age of the population of Turkey was 30.1 in 2012, it will increase to 34 in 2023. The median age of the male population was 29.5 in 2012, will increase to 33.3 in 2023. The median age of the female population was 30.6 in 2012 will be 34.6 in 2023.

The median age of the population of Turkey will be 42.9 in 2050 and 47.4 in 2075. The median age of the male population will be 41.8 in 2050, and it will reach to 46 in 2075. The median age will be 44 in 2050, and 48.7 in 2075 for females.
And Erdogen is actually being quite modest. Despite the urgency he is only advocating three children per women. He is only doing some gentle social shaming. He only:
"urged women to have at least three children, saying a woman’s life was “incomplete” if she failed to reproduce"
And when I say "only" I suspect he would really like to use a much more coercive and intrusive strategy. Like forbidding women from being educated beyond a certain level. Lower the minimum age of consent from 18 to 15 or even 14. He could reinstate polygamy. He could do a lot of things.

All he has to do is to get the population to agree with him.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

AndrewV69 wrote:And when I say "only" I suspect he would really like to use a much more coercive and intrusive strategy. Like forbidding women from being educated beyond a certain level. Lower the minimum age of consent from 18 to 15 or even 14. He could reinstate polygamy. He could do a lot of things
Sounds like Turkey would actually need someone fighting for women's rights.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

One consideration on the Mykeru-Baxter-Stollznow issue. With that article from Service Dog on how use of copyrighted material as evidence plays into the game, it is entirely possible that he could do a preemptive strike and sue Karen Stollznow in Virginia. Pricey by any means. But it would open up the material for that use going forward. Take the first mover advantage.

Hell, it is entirely possible that she isn't the one who hit the record button on that video camera.

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

Yeah, + whatever. Welcome back. Pull up a chair. Stick around a while.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Kirbmarc wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:And when I say "only" I suspect he would really like to use a much more coercive and intrusive strategy. Like forbidding women from being educated beyond a certain level. Lower the minimum age of consent from 18 to 15 or even 14. He could reinstate polygamy. He could do a lot of things
Sounds like Turkey would actually need someone fighting for women's rights.
ISIS, Saudi, and others over there too. I can think of a quite a few extra feminists we could send to help them out. Wymyn's Studies in the madrassas?

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

Jan Steen wrote:
Really? wrote:Heina still hasn't finished her book, but she found time to fuck this Dan Linford guy as hard as possible.
I want to ensure that this follows him, unlike what happened with him at Virginia Tech’s Secular Student Alliance group prior to us knowing him. Dan Linford should never, ever be able to wriggle his way out of being known for who and what he is ever again. He will be held accountable. Even if someone in his life were to be willing to forgive him or believe his remorse, at least they will be able to see the paper trail and make that decision with partial knowledge, since this is not even close to documenting everything shady, creepy, predatory, and just plain wrong that he has done or tried to do.
I hope you're sitting down:
He uses autism and mental illness to excuse his behavior, but that’s not a reasonable excuse or explanation especially when many of the people caught up in this latest round are autistic and/or mentally ill themselves. Indeed, in my own case, I feel my autism made me more vulnerable to his tactics. Furthermore, his pattern of predatory behavior speaks to a level of manipulation and sophistication rather than to random social blunders or awkwardness. The dots connect into a clear picture. As of this writing, a conservative estimate places about two dozen people as having put forth personal accounts of his predatory behavior, many with eerie similarities.
http://archive.is/E4PR9

Oh for fuck's sake. That is utterly ludicrous!

Whatever next? "I wore a revealing dress and he showed no interest...that's how I knew he was secretly plotting to rape me." And the thing about the "empowered hook up"...what sort of deranged cunt talks like that?

Just when you think you've seen it all. Unreal.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

John D wrote:

Let's clear up a few things:

1. Those folks who says my problem was that I wanted Pitters "to be my own personal army" are revisionist dicks.

The problems, what they were, were two-fold.

a. The time I mocked up some t-shirts and came onto the Pit complaining that even cutting the mark-up to the bone they were ridiculously expensive. Soon after (see above, "revisionist dicks") people started claiming I was greedily trying to sell t-shirts. I see this canard still gets kicked around.

b. Those people whose response to trying to raise money for Ben Radford to defend himself was to criticize the very effort to help, those who I enlisted to bring attention to his plight and raise money, such as A Voice for Men, in the belief that any deviation from a circle jerk was unseemly. That's not me wanting anyone to be my personal army. I can ask people to help, if they want, and I can get annoyed at apathetic fuckwads whose purpose seemed to be disparaging anything but complete inertia. (Also, see above "revisionist dicks")

snip...
You conveniently left off step c. This is the step where you decided to call PZs university and claim he was a disgrace to them and something should be done. Many of us, myself included, said we thought it was a bad idea. Ultimately, this was your choice and you proceeded with your plan. It was directly after this event that you dropped out of here. This is how a remember the event. Still, I am getting older and a do sometimes forget shit. I also have a poison ivy rash and I was stung by a big fucking wasp Sunday... so... yeah.

You are essentially correct about the over priced t-shirt fight. A few people said your shirts where over priced and it resulted in a twenty page back-and-forth grudge match on the pit. I am 100% apathetic about the t-shirt topic and don't recall make any comments on this.

I also recall the AVfM fight as well. Perhaps this only lasted ten pages. I also had no interest in this topic and I don't think I posted anything regarding AVfM

Just remember. No one kicked you out. You decided to leave. Personally, I think you are very entertaining and I would welcome your posting here again. But... it is obviously up to you if it is worth putting up with our being ass-holes so that you can display your own special ass-hole-ness.
I may have once emailed UMM equal opportunity office to enquire whether they intended to investigate the serious allegations of racism in academic selection panels publicly noted by one of their professors.

Does that make me a shit lord or an arsehole?

For those who value primary source material over memory, Mykeru's departure is here: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=393&p=226711&hilit=Mykeru#p226711

Page 813 is interesting. Clearly the proposed newspaper advert was a catalyst that fuelled extant deep-set disagreements. Ditto tee shirt, Radford and my offer to kidnap Oggie for use as a hostage.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Søren Lilholt wrote: Oh for fuck's sake. That is utterly ludicrous!

Whatever next? "I wore a revealing dress and he showed no interest...that's how I knew he was secretly plotting to rape me." And the thing about the "empowered hook up"...what sort of deranged cunt talks like that?

I know that a lot of you don't approve of diagnosis over the internet, but "Heads I win, Tails You Lose" behaviour is a common feature of Borderline Personality Disorder. Just sayin'.

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

Don't feel bad, I spent 10min over there looking for that blog before I clued in it was fake.

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

Kirbmarc wrote:
paddybrown wrote:(For the record, I think Mykeru is a dick rather than an asshole)
We're dicks. The SJWs are assholes. People like Steven Novella are pussies.
I'm a cunt, thank you very much!

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

I'm also big and hairy!

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

Did I mention I sweat a lot.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Heina: ahahahah really liked ur last philo argument u sexy nerd wanted to like ur post but can't tap it

Linford: LOL u said "tap it"

Heina: wanna tap? XD

Linford: WOW. :O u have a dirty mind, u :D

Heina: dirty mind and dirty body

Linford: what do u mean

Heina: had sx yesterday finally 1st time after breakup

Heina: he came in my pussy very hard I loved it

Linford: LOL TMI

Linford: u really r a dirty grl

Linford: gotta go though

Heina: wait y r u going

Heina: more details 2 cum

Heina: cum LOL

Heina: where the hell r u

Linford: sorry was busy

Heina: so was I yesterday, very busy, all night LOL

Heina: really big dick

Heina: y u no answer WTF

Linford: busy working srry

Heina: anyway REALLY big dick

[Linford has left the conversation]
We have a witness for the defence.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Bourne Skeptic wrote:
Don't feel bad, I spent 10min over there looking for that blog before I clued in it was fake.
[youtube]3uSTOHa4Im4[/youtube]

painfulpox

Post by painfulpox »

Suet Cardigan wrote:

I know that a lot of you don't approve of diagnosis over the internet, but "Heads I win, Tails You Lose" behaviour is a common feature of Borderline Personality Disorder. Just sayin'.
I was in the Freethinkers' club at Virginia Tech in 2011/2012, and Dan Linford is exactly as awkward and socially clueless as she pretends he couldn't possibly be. I listened to him talk up a girl at the bar by basically giving her a two hour lecture on the Council of Nicea.

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Oglebart wrote:Shall we start running a book on the next recipient of the hex from this coven of SJWitches?

Nate Hevens?

theophhontes?

They really are terrible people, that Elyse thread is something else, what emotional midgets.
Fun to watch would be: Wil Wheaton, Phil Plait, Sean Carroll, John Scalzi, Chris Kluwe.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

The We Hunted the Mammoth guy, Steve Shives...

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:
Oglebart wrote:Shall we start running a book on the next recipient of the hex from this coven of SJWitches?

Nate Hevens?

theophhontes?

Fun to watch would be: Wil Wheaton, Phil Plait, Sean Carroll, John Scalzi, Chris Kluwe.
(Because like PZ, they've all gleefully used their quasi-celebrity to name-and-shame in order to position themselves as moral beacons. Carroll to a lesser extent, to be fair, and at least he knows his physics.)

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

Mykeru wrote:
Cunning Punt wrote:
There's your problem right there, but it seems by that last comment you're aware of your issue. You did "advanced work" before you were going to take some woman you hardly knew to the Art Gallery? Seriously? Did you want to impress her with how much you knew? Then you fell into a funk because she blew you off.
Well, thanks for the uncharitable interpretation, but the National Gallery is a few blocks away and I had to go for a walk before the work-related incoherence made my brain implode. And no, it wasn't to show how much I know. The little text under the painting that says "Girl with the Red Hat c. 1665/1666. Johannes Vermeer, Dutch, 1632 - 1675" doesn't really get you all that far from the Cliff Notes point of view. Mostly the "advance work" was to check the cafe hours.
'Cause you couldn't have looked it up online or called them.
Mykeru wrote:
If you didn't give women so much power over you you would be a little less frigging mad at the world. Stollznow may be a Ukranian name but whatever her issues she's not your frigging ex. Yes, I watched your video.
Ah, see, I missed this sort of Pit Omniscience*. Someone makes a joke about how I must be attracted to Stollznow due to my psycho ex-GF and you just ran with it? Didn't you? Did it hurt pulling something that big and convoluted out of your ass? Because my actual interactions with Karen Stollznow, in person, online or in email can be counted on one hand if you cut all your fingers off. That is, because of the way she operates she always works through intermediaries. And I have treated her, in that regard as I would anyone who has a history of harassment and intimidation who then comes after me.

But thanks for the Red Pill, dipshit.

*No, no I didn't. It's a waste of fucking brain cells
I missed the bit about being attracted to Stollznow, or yes, I may have run with it. I have a nutty ex too, so I get it. They actually think that shrieking, abusive ranting and raving is legitimate self expression and I am so mean for not listening to it. Let it go, dude.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

painfulpox wrote:
Suet Cardigan wrote:

I was in the Freethinkers' club at Virginia Tech in 2011/2012, and Dan Linford is exactly as awkward and socially clueless as she pretends he couldn't possibly be. I listened to him talk up a girl at the bar by basically giving her a two hour lecture on the Council of Nicea.
Council of Nicea, huh? Welcome and fuck off.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Cunning Punt wrote:
painfulpox wrote:
Council of Nicea, huh? Welcome and fuck off.
Also, please study these lynx.
http://previews.agefotostock.com/previe ... _24745.jpg

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

fuzzy
Pit Art Master