The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
AndrewV69

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by AndrewV69 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:And when I say "only" I suspect he would really like to use a much more coercive and intrusive strategy. Like forbidding women from being educated beyond a certain level. Lower the minimum age of consent from 18 to 15 or even 14. He could reinstate polygamy. He could do a lot of things
Sounds like Turkey would actually need someone fighting for women's rights.
Well, they do actually but there is trouble in Paradise. For example this article in Al Monitor Is this the last nail in coffin of women, minors' rights in Turkey?
http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/files/l ... mbnail_570

SUMMARY⎙ PRINT
An AKP-led parliamentary commission releases a draft report on how to protect the sanctity of the family in Turkey by providing controversial suggestions.
Although there are several serious social problems in Turkey, such as the skyrocketing number of women’s murders, increasing cases of pedophilia and widespread sexual violence, the AKP is convinced that divorce is a crucial issue that needs to be prioritized. Gulsum Kav, founder of the platform “We Will Stop the Murder of Women,” told Al-Monitor, “Given all the imminent matters it is not even justifiable to form a commission on divorce. Therefore these recommendations should not be taken into consideration for new legislation. We do not recognize this commission.”
Given the fact that the commission’s chair is a woman, pundits are shy to use the word misogynist, yet reading through almost 500 pages one cannot help but wonder what deep-rooted feelings of hatred are harbored against women, particularly those who are young, uneducated and disadvantaged. Given the surmounting difficulties of the Turkish patriarchal family and social structure battling honor killings, domestic violence and abuse, the issue is no longer divorce or preserving family but purely survival for women and minors.
Well, let us take a look at this woman who is causing people to shy away from using the word misogynist.

May I present to you ... Ayse Kesir!

http://kazete.com.tr/img/haber/detay/2D ... -kesir.jpg

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

painfulpox wrote:I was in the Freethinkers' club at Virginia Tech in 2011/2012, and Dan Linford is exactly as awkward and socially clueless as she pretends he couldn't possibly be. I listened to him talk up a girl at the bar by basically giving her a two hour lecture on the Council of Nicea.
Someone who listens to someone else talk up a girl for two hours is going to fit in great here. Fuck off.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-J8ez-zT7jaE/U ... -8-9-2.png

Really?

Post by Really? »

Tigzy wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
d4m10n wrote:Operation Missing Stair continues apace, as a third accusation has been posted. So far it's been fairly haphazard, but I expect that eventually all the various accusations will be sorted and organized in an accessible format. I humbly suggest top trumps.
Isn't the accused a member of the FTB Horde?
Why yes. Yes he is.

So far, it looks like those who are gonna be hit the hardest are the SJW/feminist goony beard blokes who hang around in those circles - as it's pretty clear the more normal fellas in atheist/skeptic spheres have by now learned to keep their distance from these SJW harridans (and few would see it as a great loss, I'd wager, unless they have a thing for greasy blue hair, problem glasses, chubbiness and unkempt twiglet pubes (h/t Greta)) In the end, the take-home message will be that social justice has a rape and harassment problem - not that any of the usual suspects will admit that; no, it'll just be the usual atheist rape problem BS. In any case, I look forward to seeing these named and shamed feminist males telling us to believe the women.

Also - Carrier. How long, do you reckon? I give it an average caucasian week before he's named.
It's beautiful how the accusations have just gotten more and more vague since PZ started doing his thing. Does anyone think they really will turn on him anytime soon? Will this new strike squad of autistic lunatics turn on Ogvorbis?

As for Carrier, he's already confessed to many of the crimes of which they are convicting these guys. I wonder if his move to Middle America has lowered his profile, seeing as how he can have his loving poly orgies every night.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

dogen wrote:
Billie from Ockham wrote:http://i.imgur.com/3QnHrzg.jpg

There is only one explanation for the above (and when I find out who did it, I'm coming after your ass, Mykeru-style): I've been doxxed to The Orbit to the extent that someone told them that today is my birthday.

There is not enough popcorn in the world for this one.
Happy Birthday, and long may you continue to post to the pit -- I especially enjoy reading your posts, even if I don't always agree.
Whichever Pitcunt wrote this: I have just spent five minutes searching the orbit and google looking for this post.

Fuck you with a rusty sideways.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

http://pawsh-magazine.com/wp-content/up ... r-dogs.jpg

Movement atheism - the popcorn never fucking stops!

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Whichever Pitcunt wrote this: I have just spent five minutes searching the orbit and google looking for this post.

Maybe spend those five minutes reading the pit where it's been pointed out several times that it's a fake? While here be sure to visit the gift shop and juice bar!

John D

Post by John D »

I finally had enough of a few SJW Facebook "friends" of mine. I told them I thought they were horrible cruel people and de-friend-ed them.

Fucking "Cosmo" and "Buzzfeed" have been all over this college rape case. The man involved is accused of raping an unconscious woman who was passed out drunk. The woman doesn't remember anything except that she woke up in bad shape naked under a tree. The man was having sex with her and ran off when confronted by people passing by.

A nasty event no doubt. The man got a relatively light sentence after being found guilty of rape. He was also drunk at the time.

So, "Cosmo" posts the father's plea for leniency for his son. I can image the father's heartbreak. When I read the father's statement i felt horrible for him. His son has made a horrible life changing mistake and he is begging for mercy.

But... The self-righteous SJWs say that this father's pleading is "the most disgusting thing they have ever read."

Wow. These SJWs are so cruel. So unforgiving. I don't know what they are thinking. Do they really think this father raised his son to be a rapist? I think they must be this deluded. I think most SJWs have either been hurt so bad, or are so sensitive, that they cannot relate to a tragedy like this. Perhps most of them have some kind of mental disease. They can feel no sympathy for this poor father. I couldn't stand to even communicate with them anymore. They are horrible people.

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/lifestyle/n ... er-letter/

Really?

Post by Really? »

John D wrote:I finally had enough of a few SJW Facebook "friends" of mine. I told them I thought they were horrible cruel people and de-friend-ed them.

Fucking "Cosmo" and "Buzzfeed" have been all over this college rape case. The man involved is accused of raping an unconscious woman who was passed out drunk. The woman doesn't remember anything except that she woke up in bad shape naked under a tree. The man was having sex with her and ran off when confronted by people passing by.

A nasty event no doubt. The man got a relatively light sentence after being found guilty of rape. He was also drunk at the time.

So, "Cosmo" posts the father's plea for leniency for his son. I can image the father's heartbreak. When I read the father's statement i felt horrible for him. His son has made a horrible life changing mistake and he is begging for mercy.

But... The self-righteous SJWs say that this father's pleading is "the most disgusting thing they have ever read."

Wow. These SJWs are so cruel. So unforgiving. I don't know what they are thinking. Do they really think this father raised his son to be a rapist? I think they must be this deluded. I think most SJWs have either been hurt so bad, or are so sensitive, that they cannot relate to a tragedy like this. Perhps most of them have some kind of mental disease. They can feel no sympathy for this poor father. I couldn't stand to even communicate with them anymore. They are horrible people.

I'm not defending the kid (yes, kid), but this is another instance of what we were just talking about.

A man's drunkenness or autism is no excuse for bad behavior.

A woman's drunkenness or autism means she has no control over her actions and bears no responsibility for them in any way.

And the father maybe said a few cringeworthy things, but what the fuck do you expect a father to say? These assholes either have no kids or don't love them very much.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

John D wrote:I finally had enough of a few SJW Facebook "friends" of mine. I told them I thought they were horrible cruel people and de-friend-ed them.

I don't really have that much information about this case but he was found guilty of rape and I have heard no plans to appear. So I don't really feel bad for him at all and yes I think do think that 6 months in county jail is way too lenient. He will be out in 3 months with good behaviour. That's not cool at all.

As for the letter the dad wrote, I don't think it's dangerous but I don't think it was a smart thing to do anyway. I mean boo who who the kid doesn't want to eat ribeye anymore. Yeah he is depressed, he is doing to do some jail time.

It's things like these that I remind myself that I need to teach my kids to not get so shitface that you think it's a good idea to fuck some drunk chic behind a dumpster.

Btw someone rewrote the father's letter and I found it it pretty funny.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkNM_uvWkAA-Rug.jpg

John D

Post by John D »

comhcinc wrote:

I don't really have that much information about this case but he was found guilty of rape and I have heard no plans to appear. So I don't really feel bad for him at all and yes I think do think that 6 months in county jail is way too lenient. He will be out in 3 months with good behaviour. That's not cool at all.

As for the letter the dad wrote, I don't think it's dangerous but I don't think it was a smart thing to do anyway. I mean boo who who the kid doesn't want to eat ribeye anymore. Yeah he is depressed, he is doing to do some jail time.

It's things like these that I remind myself that I need to teach my kids to not get so shitface that you think it's a good idea to fuck some drunk chic behind a dumpster.

Btw someone rewrote the father's letter and I found it it pretty funny.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkNM_uvWkAA-Rug.jpg
Yeah...well. If it makes you feel better to shit on this man when his whole life have been destroyed... yeah.... I guess that is really fucking funny. I also know people who laugh at the mothers who cry when their sons go to the electric chair. Haha... yeah... that's some funny fucking shit. Or... let's laugh at the dad whose kid died cause he was hot dogging on a motorcycle and died in a crash. Yeap... hilllllarious.

Guest_df4fcc85

Post by Guest_df4fcc85 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:The We Hunted the Mammoth guy, Steve Shives...
I get the impression in real life Futrelle walks in very different circles. He a huge asshole of course, but he doesn't seem to attend atheist/humanist or even feminist conventions. I'm not saying he is shut in with his cats. But his view of the world always comes across as someone who hasn't been outside for years. And with his cats.

So it's not going to be Futrelle.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Lsuoma wrote:Either that or Helga has really let herself go...
The BBC is all over the place which does support the idea that on average it is neutral. I have also seeen anti SJW and anti-Isalm articles there. Alos several pro-Trump articles. I do feel they are trying to be balanced which is all they have to be.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

John D wrote: Yeah...well. If it makes you feel better to shit on this man when his whole life have been destroyed... yeah.... I guess that is really fucking funny. I also know people who laugh at the mothers who cry when their sons go to the electric chair. Haha... yeah... that's some funny fucking shit. Or... let's laugh at the dad whose kid died cause he was hot dogging on a motorcycle and died in a crash. Yeap... hilllllarious.
His life has been destroyed? He has to do 3 months in jail. I mean he can still get back into a college program before the year is out. He is not appealing the case at all. He was found guilty of 3 felonies! Most people who spend years in prison for that. I was found guilty of a non violent, non sexual felony and spent a couple of years locked up.

Now if the kid was really fighting this, really confident that he was innocent, was planning on attempting to get this overturned, then yeah that would change my view on this.

Finally I have a dark sense of humor and I am not going to apologize for that. I do think no matter of any other facts, that the father's letter was ill advised the way it was written. Can we agree on that?

ConcentratedH2O, OM

comhcinc wrote:

Maybe spend those five minutes reading the pit where it's been pointed out several times that it's a fake? While here be sure to visit the gift shop and juice bar!
Ya know, sometimes I have the time and patience to read through a hundred comments about some SJW clown I have never heard about, and sometimes I don't.

I sure do miss the old days when the FfTB baboons gave regular, daily giggles with their incompetence. BTW, anyone got the picture of Ed Brayton on a mobility scooter, or was that a joke too?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: I sure do miss the old days when the FfTB baboons gave regular, daily giggles with their incompetence. BTW, anyone got the picture of Ed Brayton on a mobility scooter, or was that a joke too?

That wasn't a joke but the story is the company he ordered it from picked it up before he could use it so there will be no pictures.

Here is what it may have looked like.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-0nhmOxmz4y4/T ... wendys.jpg

Guest_84d94f98

Post by Guest_84d94f98 »

Really? wrote:A woman's drunkenness or autism means she has no control over her actions and bears no responsibility for them in any way.
I am going to have to draw the line a unconscious. There is very little ambiguity there. Plus he was found guilty in a court of law. This isn't a cause of two horny drunks getting it on.

That said, I am with you as far as the skewering of the father goes. I don't expect family members to abandon their own and stop loving them even in the worst of cases.

-Soylent f98

John D

Post by John D »

comhcinc wrote:
John D wrote: Yeah...well. If it makes you feel better to shit on this man when his whole life have been destroyed... yeah.... I guess that is really fucking funny. I also know people who laugh at the mothers who cry when their sons go to the electric chair. Haha... yeah... that's some funny fucking shit. Or... let's laugh at the dad whose kid died cause he was hot dogging on a motorcycle and died in a crash. Yeap... hilllllarious.
His life has been destroyed? He has to do 3 months in jail. I mean he can still get back into a college program before the year is out. He is not appealing the case at all. He was found guilty of 3 felonies! Most people who spend years in prison for that. I was found guilty of a non violent, non sexual felony and spent a couple of years locked up.

Now if the kid was really fighting this, really confident that he was innocent, was planning on attempting to get this overturned, then yeah that would change my view on this.

Finally I have a dark sense of humor and I am not going to apologize for that. I do think no matter of any other facts, that the father's letter was ill advised the way it was written. Can we agree on that?
Yeah... just like the cruelest slave overseers were black... so the ex-cons are unforgiving of the cons. Haha.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

John D wrote:
comhcinc wrote:

Yeah... just like the cruelest slave overseers were black... so the ex-cons are unforgiving of the cons. Haha.

IDK. Hey Easy J what's you opinion on this?

I will say I have known people who have been found innocent of a misdemeanor who have spent more time in jail waiting to go to trail than this kid is getting after being found guilty of 3 felonies.

John D

Post by John D »

comhcinc wrote:

I will say I have known people who have been found innocent of a misdemeanor who have spent more time in jail waiting to go to trail than this kid is getting after being found guilty of 3 felonies.
Mostly I can feel some sympathy for the father. I think it is cruel to pick on the father for pleading for his son.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

John D wrote:
comhcinc wrote:

Mostly I can feel some sympathy for the father. I think it is cruel to pick on the father for pleading for his son.

I feel sympathy for all the parties. It's fucked up on every side. But I can also step back and say the letter, that should have been read over by at least their lawyer, could have been better written. I can see how it could be cruel to pick on the father but I hold context matters. I mean he could be reading the pit but I doubt it.

Guest_84d94f98

Post by Guest_84d94f98 »

comhcinc wrote:His life has been destroyed? He has to do 3 months in jail. I mean he can still get back into a college program before the year is out. He is not appealing the case at all. He was found guilty of 3 felonies! Most people who spend years in prison for that. I was found guilty of a non violent, non sexual felony and spent a couple of years locked up.
Life destroyed? Yup. He has to register for life as an offender. He is fucked. The best thing his father can do for him after he gets out of jail is to train him on how to run his own business. Because I doubt he will get many employment offers.

Also he was sentenced to 6 months. Maybe he can get out in 3 months. But given the national exposure, I doubt they are going to let him out early. Back into a college program? He was already been banned from the Stanford campus. I can imagine any physical college accepting him. That shit is on his college record. Maybe he might be able to do some correspondence or online college. This will define, label & follow him for the rest of his life. Anywhere he lives will result in notices being sent out to neighbors.

Of course he has no one else to blame but himself for these circumstances.

-Soylent f98

John D

Post by John D »

John D wrote:
comhcinc wrote:

and.... somehow I am in a really shitty mood.

Hmmmm... I don't know. I think that any of us are not far away from a terrible thing happening to us. I can imagine being this father whose kid got drunk and did something really vile. and... I can imaging trying to say to the judge that this is the kid I cook dinner for and who I spent my whole life dedicated to. and... I would say stupid shit and be upset and sound like a fool.... and then I can imagine some fucking cunt publishing my pleading in fucking Cosmo.

Most days I just stumble along and I am just fine... and some days I marvel that I am not in prison myself. Lately I wake up in the morning and cry. I don't know what it is. My wife thinks I should "see somebody". I guess I think it will pass.

and... the FUCKING HONDA car alarm is going off every hour for no reason... What the fuck is that all about. I slammed all the doors and drove her around the block. Hopefully it will stop and the cops will not come by my house at 3:00am bitching about my damn car.

okay... I should go to bed.

Guest_84d94f98

Post by Guest_84d94f98 »

John D wrote:and... the FUCKING HONDA car alarm is going off every hour for no reason... What the fuck is that all about. I slammed all the doors and drove her around the block. Hopefully it will stop and the cops will not come by my house at 3:00am bitching about my damn car.

You might have to disconnect the battery to get a decent night's sleep.

As for the source of the problem, what is the Make/Model/Year?

-Soylent f98

Guest_84d94f98

Post by Guest_84d94f98 »

I think that the US has finally changed enough, that I am willing to accept the argument that a year or two of mandatory military service for all women & men is probably a good idea.

Ralph Nader on Trigger Warnings: 'Young Men Now Are Far Too Sensitive Because They've Never Been in a Draft'
https://reason.com/blog/2016/06/06/nade ... r-warnings

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Guest_84d94f98 wrote:
comhcinc wrote:His life has been destroyed? He has to do 3 months in jail. I mean he can still get back into a college program before the year is out. He is not appealing the case at all. He was found guilty of 3 felonies! Most people who spend years in prison for that. I was found guilty of a non violent, non sexual felony and spent a couple of years locked up.
Life destroyed? Yup. He has to register for life as an offender. He is fucked. The best thing his father can do for him after he gets out of jail is to train him on how to run his own business. Because I doubt he will get many employment offers.

Also he was sentenced to 6 months. Maybe he can get out in 3 months. But given the national exposure, I doubt they are going to let him out early. Back into a college program? He was already been banned from the Stanford campus. I can imagine any physical college accepting him. That shit is on his college record. Maybe he might be able to do some correspondence or online college. This will define, label & follow him for the rest of his life. Anywhere he lives will result in notices being sent out to neighbors.

-Soylent f98

Yeah his life is going to get tougher because of this. And it will probably be 3 months because they will not be allowed to treat him differently from anyone else. Now because of the exposure he might be segregated for his protection which means it will be very hard to get in trouble.

The sex offender thing I agree with you, it's going to make it very tough. As for college yeah Stanford and most prestigious school are out but there are plenty of state schools that are fine and will take anyone. I don't see that being an issue.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

John D wrote:
and... the FUCKING HONDA car alarm is going off every hour for no reason... What the fuck is that all about. I slammed all the doors and drove her around the block. Hopefully it will stop and the cops will not come by my house at 3:00am bitching about my damn car.

How da fuck are you not buying American?

Banned! Unfriended! Blocked!

http://wfu.spoonuniversity.com/wp-conte ... -nun-2.gif

But yeah you should see someone. There is no shame in that.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Guest_84d94f98 wrote:I think that the US has finally changed enough, that I am willing to accept the argument that a year or two of mandatory military service for all women & men is probably a good idea.

Ralph Nader on Trigger Warnings: 'Young Men Now Are Far Too Sensitive Because They've Never Been in a Draft'
https://reason.com/blog/2016/06/06/nade ... r-warnings

I don't think our military needs to be larger than it is but I do believe that a couple of years of some civil service programs (that could include the military) is a good thing.

The sergeants can't treat people like their did when Nader was in the army.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

comhcinc wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: I sure do miss the old days when the FfTB baboons gave regular, daily giggles with their incompetence. BTW, anyone got the picture of Ed Brayton on a mobility scooter, or was that a joke too?

That wasn't a joke but the story is the company he ordered it from picked it up before he could use it so there will be no pictures.

[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-0nhmOxmz4y4/T ... ol-wendymg]
Shit, what? Why did they not let him have it?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

comhcinc wrote:

[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-0nhmOxmz4y4/T ... ol-wendymg]
Shit, what? Why did they not let him have it?
Don't know. He didn't know at the time of making that facebook post either. It seems that instead of taking the scooter up to his room it was keep in the hotel somewhere.

That seemed weird to me if for no other reason that if I had a fatman scooter I would have that in the room because I would be playing around on it.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

He would reduce the mean time between failure to zero.

Really?

Post by Really? »

comhcinc wrote:
Guest_84d94f98 wrote:

-Soylent f98

Yeah his life is going to get tougher because of this. And it will probably be 3 months because they will not be allowed to treat him differently from anyone else. Now because of the exposure he might be segregated for his protection which means it will be very hard to get in trouble.

The sex offender thing I agree with you, it's going to make it very tough. As for college yeah Stanford and most prestigious school are out but there are plenty of state schools that are fine and will take anyone. I don't see that being an issue.
I don't know if I agree. The Orbiteers are purging men who didn't flirt with women. Morons at college campuses across the country still believe Jackie. Don't you know college campuses are Hunting Grounds?

A famous guy convicted of three felonies and sexual assault? He is lucky if he will be admitted to Trump University.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Why do guys put those big black circle / holes into their earlobes.

WTF? Can someone explain the significance or goal?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Brive1987 wrote:Why do guys put those big black circle / holes into their earlobes.

Plugs?

http://stmedia.startribune.com/images/4ear0121.jpg

No goal, just a fashion statement. Takes a long time to get them big and at a certain point there is no turning back.

Not a fan of it myself but I am not quite ready to yell at the kids to get off my yawn yet.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Brive1987 wrote:Why do guys put those big black circle / holes into their earlobes.

A friend, an unapologetic hippy, insists flesh tunnels are a clear indication of "individuality and membership of the human tribe." Yes, she's a fucking idiot and something of a chore but she's also a source of constant (unintentional) amusement.

Anyway, they're hideous looking things and both of my kids have been warned.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Bhurzum wrote:

A friend, an unapologetic hippy, insists flesh tunnels are a clear indication of "individuality and membership of the human tribe." Yes, she's a fucking idiot and something of a chore but she's also a source of constant (unintentional) amusement.

My wife's lopes are stretched I think 10 mm or something like that. I don't like it, told her I really found it kinda of disgusting and then bought her a kit to do it to herself for Christmas a couple of years ago.

Cause you know I'm an idiot.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

comhcinc wrote:

Once you factor in the level of hysteria around college sexual assault, feminist propaganda, the various groups on campuses ready to jump on any suggestion of rape, Title IX, plea bargaining, deal making, rabid prosecution...it is nearly impossible to derive any semblance of what actually happened in cases like this, that is, shit-faced drunken sexual encounter by adolescents. According to "him" it was consensual but he was so wasted that he didn't realize she had passed out. Then there is the issue made of "him" running from the scene, leaving her "in the dirt." But he was wasted and being chased by two alarmed male grad students. As I say, you can't make heads or tails of any of it. It is "he said, she said" through the fog of extreme intoxication. The best thing it is is a case to ban alcohol on college campuses.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Anyone see the new British Top Gear.

Matt LeBLanc is surprisingly good but the tall guy is awful. Just unfunny.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

I'm waiting for lip plates to take off.

It's gonna happen motherfuckers.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

comhcinc wrote:Anyone see the new British Top Gear.

Are you being racist against Gingers?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

MarcusAu wrote:
comhcinc wrote:Anyone see the new British Top Gear.

Are you being racist against Gingers?

That is not possible. Gingers don't have souls thus they can't be considered people ergo you can't be racist against them.

Also he looked fucking blonde to me.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Ahh,

Well to answer your question - No, I've not seen the new British Top Gear (or the Amazan Grand Tour).

There's been 2 episodes so far - and the reaction from the autdience to Chris Evans (the Ginger) has not been good. But, it just sounds like drama to me - if there was none there someone would have to invent it.

I tend to not get round to watching most TV programs.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

sorry for seplling!

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

MarcusAu wrote:Ahh,

Well to answer your question - No, I've not seen the new British Top Gear (or the Amazon Grand Tour).

There's been 2 episodes so far - and the reaction from the audience to Chris Evans (the Ginger) has not been good. But, it just sounds like drama to me - if there was none there someone would have to invent it.

I tend to not get round to watching most TV programs.
Grand Tour isn't out yet I think.

I watched the two episodes of BTG tonight and like I say LeBlanc is cool. He seems comfortable in front of the camera and seems to get what the show is aboot. Evans seems to be doing a shitty Clarkson impression.

Also he is wearing stupid glasses.

Oy I fixed your spelling so no one will every know!

http://i3.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article ... -Evans.jpg

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

comhcinc wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:

My wife's lopes are stretched I think 10 mm or something like that. I don't like it, told her I really found it kinda of disgusting and then bought her a kit to do it to herself for Christmas a couple of years ago.

Cause you know I'm an idiot.
Everybody is an idiot about something. I'm terribly advanced because I'm an idiot about many things.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

I'm pretty sure ear plugs are cultural appropriation.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

comhcinc wrote:

Plugs?

[.img]http://stmedia.startribune.com/images/4ear0121.jpg[/img]

No goal, just a fashion statement. Takes a long time to get them big and at a certain point there is no turning back.

Not a fan of it myself but I am not quite ready to yell at the kids to get off my yawn yet.
Well I don't like it and someone should do something about it.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

I know nothing about the person Heina called out for "predatory behavior" but calling out predatory behavior could readily turn into a "casting the first stone" situation. Asking for money for a specific cause then not following through as donors were told would occur could presumably be considered "predatory behavior" by 1 or more unhappy backers.

A jaundiced eye might even imagine a pattern:
HD, 8/2012, $9620 from 342 backers; to date no book (despite "hard" dates) & no early release to backers & no update since 3/2015

KS, 3/2014, $60255 from 1167 backers; the "ask" included a promise that "any remainder at the end of the case <would go> toward the sexual assault victims' center" and/or that "donations will also help me to consider a counter suit, for the extreme damages I have suffered at the hands of my harasser and false accuser." To date, no indication that any of it was donated to help others - and there was no countersuit.

RW, 8/2015, $9606 from 229 backers; the update says, "The tl;dr is that I'll have about $1,212.89 leftover that I'm eager to donate as soon as I can be reasonably sure that Radford will not be taking this any further." The "final cost" post here adds: "As I mentioned previously, all leftover money will go to either anyone else Radford has threatened or the EFF. I’ll post an update once I’m able to do that." To date, no update is found suggesting the overage was donated.

AS, 5/2012, $158922 from 6,968 backers for 12 (specific) videos, not all of which exist (or will).

Speaking of which, new FF "Season 2" video recently released:
[youtube]jko06dA_x88[/youtube]

___

Finally, to circle back: surely there is no way someone responding to an open invitation like this (tweet since deleted, I think) could subsequently find himself in trouble...right?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

In other news:
Also:

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Annnnnnd penis.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

My god, the Olsens are multiplying.
https://s.yimg.com/lo/api/res/1.2/p5baj ... 7a116613cc

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

God damn that is a keeper:

feathers

Post by feathers »

Tigzy wrote:One of the more positive - and yes, it is a positive - aspects to this latest name n shame campaign is that it has actually led to Elyse overstepping the mark enough to get some serious pushback in the comments section: https://www.facebook.com/ElyseMofoAnder ... 0447659104
Eh, there's nothing there past 2014... did she just zap a few years of juicy history?

feathers

Post by feathers »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:Jan really should stand up and take a bow.
This is the third time he does this and people still seem to fall for it. Prize for most prominent intra-troller.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Week 4 Results: Monday 30 to Sunday 05 June

An interesting mix of triumph and tragedy .....

Fuzzy .... is missing in action. Memorial service to what might have been to be held ASAP
MarcusAu .... excelled again walking >10 miles per day for 7 days straight
I .... maintained continued operational excellence
Concentrated H2O (OM) begged forgiveness for a false start by joining a gym and guaranteeing results.
PeterB joined the club with a credible 3 logged exercises and strong commitment.

http://i.imgur.com/EFc6bGq.png

http://i.imgur.com/Kq158bY.png

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

feathers wrote:
Tigzy wrote:One of the more positive - and yes, it is a positive - aspects to this latest name n shame campaign is that it has actually led to Elyse overstepping the mark enough to get some serious pushback in the comments section: https://www.facebook.com/ElyseMofoAnder ... 0447659104
Eh, there's nothing there past 2014... did she just zap a few years of juicy history?
Oh yeah, slash and burn baby. She's pissed. How fucking dare they not 110% agree with Elyse.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

feathers wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:Jan really should stand up and take a bow.
This is the third time he does this and people still seem to fall for it. Prize for most prominent intra-troller.
I wouldn't be surprised if one of the Orbit bloggers was actually Jan.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

If this keeps up, there will be enough bull shit flying around to cause a methane explosion and the atheist Moovement will be no more. we can all resume not believing in gods and actually do stuff to help the world instead of bitching about who's shagging who and whether they had written consent.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

Really? wrote:

I'm not defending the kid (yes, kid), but this is another instance of what we were just talking about.

A man's drunkenness or autism is no excuse for bad behavior.

A woman's drunkenness or autism means she has no control over her actions and bears no responsibility for them in any way.
There isn't an equivalence here. The man/boy did the raping. The woman/girl got raped. So talking about control over actions is bullshit. One person was doing something and the other person wasn't. And yes, the father could have spoken up for his son without talking about "20 minutes of action".

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

deLurch wrote:One consideration on the Mykeru-Baxter-Stollznow issue. With that article from Service Dog on how use of copyrighted material as evidence plays into the game, it is entirely possible that he could do a preemptive strike and sue Karen Stollznow in Virginia. Pricey by any means. But it would open up the material for that use going forward. Take the first mover advantage.

Hell, it is entirely possible that she isn't the one who hit the record button on that video camera.
That article from Service Dog is, excuse the expression, a god-send. I wish I had seen it earlier in communication with her lawyer. Because although my theory of the evidenciary value of a work superseding copyright claims was pulled straight from my ass, but it seemed to make sense given the provisions of Fair Use. That there is precedent for this is important as it strikes directly at the DMCA claim itself which was, assuming you don't believe in Stollznow, Baxter or Kirsch's superior search-fu, the instrument by which they started this legal intimidation.

If YouTube had some process for doing this, which they don't, trying to send them any explanation or appeal is like storming a castle with your legs cut off at the knees, I would submit this as counter to their supporting her copyright claim.