The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by HunnyBunny »

Mykeru wrote:
deLurch wrote:One consideration on the Mykeru-Baxter-Stollznow issue. With that article from Service Dog on how use of copyrighted material as evidence plays into the game, it is entirely possible that he could do a preemptive strike and sue Karen Stollznow in Virginia. Pricey by any means. But it would open up the material for that use going forward. Take the first mover advantage.

Hell, it is entirely possible that she isn't the one who hit the record button on that video camera.
That article from Service Dog is, excuse the expression, a god-send. I wish I had seen it earlier in communication with her lawyer. Because although my theory of the evidenciary value of a work superseding copyright claims was pulled straight from my ass, but it seemed to make sense given the provisions of Fair Use. That there is precedent for this is important as it strikes directly at the DMCA claim itself which was, assuming you don't believe in Stollznow, Baxter or Kirsch's superior search-fu, the instrument by which they started this legal intimidation.

If YouTube had some process for doing this, which they don't, trying to send them any explanation or appeal is like storming a castle with your legs cut off at the knees, I would submit this as counter to their supporting her copyright claim.
Let it go. Take up bonsai, it gives you a sense of perspective on the time available in the rest of your life.

feathers

Post by feathers »

AndrewV69 wrote:Well, let us take a look at this woman who is causing people to shy away from using the word misogynist.

May I present to you ... Ayse Kesir!

http://kazete.com.tr/img/haber/detay/2D ... -kesir.jpg
She's going to get a divorce. You know she will.

feathers

Post by feathers »

painfulpox wrote:I was in the Freethinkers' club at Virginia Tech in 2011/2012, and Dan Linford is exactly as awkward and socially clueless as she pretends he couldn't possibly be. I listened to him talk up a girl at the bar by basically giving her a two hour lecture on the Council of Nicea.
Girl probably thought she's joined the Freedrinkers Club. And behold.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Brive1987 wrote: MarcusAu .... excelled again walking >10 miles per day for 7 days straight
Is MarcusAu lost in the backcountry? Should I be notifying Search and Rescue?

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Probably posted before, but...

[youtube]AOMpxsiUg2Q[/youtube]

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

Cunning Punt wrote:
Really? wrote:
John D wrote:I finally had enough of a few SJW Facebook "friends" of mine. I told them I thought they were horrible cruel people and de-friend-ed them.

Fucking "Cosmo" and "Buzzfeed" have been all over this college rape case. The man involved is accused of raping an unconscious woman who was passed out drunk. The woman doesn't remember anything except that she woke up in bad shape naked under a tree. The man was having sex with her and ran off when confronted by people passing by.

A nasty event no doubt. The man got a relatively light sentence after being found guilty of rape. He was also drunk at the time.

So, "Cosmo" posts the father's plea for leniency for his son. I can image the father's heartbreak. When I read the father's statement i felt horrible for him. His son has made a horrible life changing mistake and he is begging for mercy.

But... The self-righteous SJWs say that this father's pleading is "the most disgusting thing they have ever read."

Wow. These SJWs are so cruel. So unforgiving. I don't know what they are thinking. Do they really think this father raised his son to be a rapist? I think they must be this deluded. I think most SJWs have either been hurt so bad, or are so sensitive, that they cannot relate to a tragedy like this. Perhps most of them have some kind of mental disease. They can feel no sympathy for this poor father. I couldn't stand to even communicate with them anymore. They are horrible people.

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/lifestyle/n ... er-letter/
I'm not defending the kid (yes, kid), but this is another instance of what we were just talking about.

A man's drunkenness or autism is no excuse for bad behavior.

A woman's drunkenness or autism means she has no control over her actions and bears no responsibility for them in any way.
There isn't an equivalence here. The man/boy did the raping. The woman/girl got raped. So talking about control over actions is bullshit. One person was doing something and the other person wasn't. And yes, the father could have spoken up for his son without talking about "20 minutes of action".
To me this is very tricky. Because being drunk shouldn't hold one non-culpable for one's actions. But at the same time, at a certain point we're going to have to start to understand that this binge drinking culture is kind of a big problem, and really should be a large part of what we're talking about with this sort of thing.

And yes, this kinda goes into all sorts of victim blaming territory...but what else can we do? Does anybody think this would have happened if either party wasn't wasted drunk? I highly doubt it.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

HunnyBunny wrote:
Let it go. Take up bonsai, it gives you a sense of perspective on the time available in the rest of your life.
"Let it go"? What an odd expression. What does that mean?

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Karmakin wrote: To me this is very tricky. Because being drunk shouldn't hold one non-culpable for one's actions. But at the same time, at a certain point we're going to have to start to understand that this binge drinking culture is kind of a big problem, and really should be a large part of what we're talking about with this sort of thing.

And yes, this kinda goes into all sorts of victim blaming territory...but what else can we do? Does anybody think this would have happened if either party wasn't wasted drunk? I highly doubt it.
This is way more complicated that most people want it to be, and it intersects badly with criminal law. I've always thought that holding intoxicated people as culpable as sober people in all circumstances is just an expediency we have for keeping a viable legal system and a functioning society. No, you shouldn't be able to skip free on a DUI after killing a family just because you were drunk out of your mind. But what about a situation like this case, where two kids are messed up drunk? She says she was unconscious and didn't give consent. He says it was consensual and she lost consciousness during the act, which is believable for anyone who ever got outrageously drunk during college. Public perception of these acts are shaped by sordid after-the-fact descriptions. Drunk, stupid adolescents shouldn't fuck, but given that they will, snap judgements shouldn't be made. When they are, it's at the risk of miscarriage of justice.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Mykeru wrote:
HunnyBunny wrote:
"Let it go"? What an odd expression. What does that mean?
[youtube]moSFlvxnbgk[/youtube]

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Mykeru wrote:That article from Service Dog is, excuse the expression, a god-send. I wish I had seen it earlier in communication with her lawyer. Because although my theory of the evidenciary value of a work superseding copyright claims was pulled straight from my ass, but it seemed to make sense given the provisions of Fair Use. That there is precedent for this is important as it strikes directly at the DMCA claim itself which was, assuming you don't believe in Stollznow, Baxter or Kirsch's superior search-fu, the instrument by which they started this legal intimidation.

If YouTube had some process for doing this, which they don't, trying to send them any explanation or appeal is like storming a castle with your legs cut off at the knees, I would submit this as counter to their supporting her copyright claim.
I am with you on that Service Dog article. Your issue posed an interesting question that I had not seen discussed before. And the law is funky in that what seems right isn't always how the law works.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Hunt wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: MarcusAu .... excelled again walking >10 miles per day for 7 days straight
Is MarcusAu lost in the backcountry? Should I be notifying Search and Rescue?
I'm just wondering why 'straight' had to be specified.

It's a combination of treadmill and outdoor walking.

Figures taken from my fitbit - so the accuracy is to be assumed.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

well pardon me for celebrating your unbroken string of success

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Of course the straightness was only assumed and disregarded your gay statue avatar.

;)

Now I'm going to listen to Frozen again. Nothing 'odd' about me.

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

comhcinc wrote:
IDK. Hey Easy J what's you opinion on this?
I will say I have known people who have been found innocent of a misdemeanor who have spent more time in jail waiting to go to trail than this kid is getting after being found guilty of 3 felonies.
I got 10 years probation for an 8-ball acasual acquaintance working for the cops begged me to score from my ex-girlfriend. Did a little over 3 months in county jail before I was able to post bond. 5 years later I was revoked for being arrested (along with 7 others) for marijuana seeds & stems found in a trash can at a party. Judge gave me 20 years. The misdemeanor charge I was revoked on was dropped when someone copped to it& I made parole after 3 years. Outside of traffic tickets, I have no other legal entanglements on my record. I caught this case when I was 21. I'll be 40 in March & off parole in 2024.

Also, my court appointed lawyer's last name was Swindle. Never met him until sentencing. My mom worked for his family's jewelry store when she was growing up. She called him after finding out what happened & he said "Cindy, if I knew that was your son this wouldn't have happened".

So yeah, justice can be fickle & life isn't fair. I met plenty of guys inside doing short sentences for violent charges &/or doing a short sentence for their umpteenth felony. 3 months county time for 3 felonies sounds like a bargain to me.

As for the self-righteous, sociopathic shitstains screeching about the father's reaction, they can all fuck right off & die.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote:well pardon me for celebrating your unbroken string of success
That's not up to me - you can take up the prospect of a pardon and/or reparations with her Britannic Majesty's Government of England.

<insert simely here>

feathers

Post by feathers »

Hunt wrote:My god, the Olsens are multiplying.
https://s.yimg.com/lo/api/res/1.2/p5baj ... 7a116613cc
Are they the love children of

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/XqOykPli83I/hqdefault.jpg

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

deLurch wrote: I am with you on that Service Dog article. Your issue posed an interesting question that I had not seen discussed before. And the law is funky in that what seems right isn't always how the law works.
I must have missed this - do you have a link to the post?

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

Hunt wrote:
Karmakin wrote: To me this is very tricky. Because being drunk shouldn't hold one non-culpable for one's actions. But at the same time, at a certain point we're going to have to start to understand that this binge drinking culture is kind of a big problem, and really should be a large part of what we're talking about with this sort of thing.

This is way more complicated that most people want it to be, and it intersects badly with criminal law. I've always thought that holding intoxicated people as culpable as sober people in all circumstances is just an expediency we have for keeping a viable legal system and a functioning society. No, you shouldn't be able to skip free on a DUI after killing a family just because you were drunk out of your mind. But what about a situation like this case, where two kids are messed up drunk? She says she was unconscious and didn't give consent. He says it was consensual and she lost consciousness during the act, which is believable for anyone who ever got outrageously drunk during college. Public perception of these acts are shaped by sordid after-the-fact descriptions. Drunk, stupid adolescents shouldn't fuck, but given that they will, snap judgements shouldn't be made. When they are, it's at the risk of miscarriage of justice.
My kinda misanthropic knee-jerk not at all realistic reaction is to put them both in jail.

Both were acting extremely recklessly.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Kirbmarc wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if one of the Orbit bloggers was actually Jan.
Anyone ever seen Jan and Niki 'Feminazi' in the same room? Or Jan and Heina? Thought not.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

MarcusAu wrote:
deLurch wrote: I am with you on that Service Dog article. Your issue posed an interesting question that I had not seen discussed before. And the law is funky in that what seems right isn't always how the law works.
Here's the link: http://springutlaw.com/wp-content/uploa ... asier_.pdf

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

I've found the most right-on thing for you guys, it's great.

http://i.imgur.com/sUesUT8.png

The story's nice enough, but the islamic stuff is super cringey.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

feathers wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:Jan really should stand up and take a bow.
This is the third time he does this and people still seem to fall for it. Prize for most prominent intra-troller.
People fall for it because it is based on a track record. It is based on things they have said and done. It is not beyond the realm of what is possible with these people.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Maryam Namazie's speech at Reason Rally was one of the best - top 5, IMO.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Sulman wrote:I've found the most right-on thing for you guys, it's great.

I feel sorry for the girl. That comic book sucks.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Mykeru wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
Here's the link: http://springutlaw.com/wp-content/uploa ... asier_.pdf
I'm not seeing how this helps Mykeru. Unless he is a lawyer (or has a lawyer) who has been reproducing Stollznow's video "as evidence in litigation" in which case that reproduction would probably be considered fair use. Otherwise, the article isn't on point.

some guy

Post by some guy »

Mykeru wrote:
deLurch wrote:One consideration on the Mykeru-Baxter-Stollznow issue. With that article from Service Dog on how use of copyrighted material as evidence plays into the game, it is entirely possible that he could do a preemptive strike and sue Karen Stollznow in Virginia. Pricey by any means. But it would open up the material for that use going forward. Take the first mover advantage.

Hell, it is entirely possible that she isn't the one who hit the record button on that video camera.
That article from Service Dog is, excuse the expression, a god-send. I wish I had seen it earlier in communication with her lawyer. Because although my theory of the evidenciary value of a work superseding copyright claims was pulled straight from my ass, but it seemed to make sense given the provisions of Fair Use. That there is precedent for this is important as it strikes directly at the DMCA claim itself which was, assuming you don't believe in Stollznow, Baxter or Kirsch's superior search-fu, the instrument by which they started this legal intimidation.

I don't think the legal principle discussed in the article helps you. In the two cases the article discussed, the copyright owners were claiming a violation of their copyright merely because the works were submitted to the courts. The courts rejected that claim on the basis of fair use, as the law permits use in a "judicial proceeding". (And so such a defense would not exist if your only claim is that it is "evidence of illegal conduct" outside the context of a judicial proceeding).

But that doesn't mean that the works then fell into the public domain for anyone else to publish the works elsewhere. Indeed, the judges opinion in one case noted, when considering the economic harm to the works potential market, that any harm would have been minimal as people would have to go to the court records to see them.

So yeah, if there is an actual suit filed (by either of you), submitting a copy of the video to the court would not be a copyright violation. But that act of submiting a copy to the court would not then be a license to publish the video elsewhere.

some guy

Post by some guy »

:nin: :(

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Notify Colorado. I am Mykeru's legal advisor.

http://imoviequotes.com/wp-content/uplo ... quotes.gif

http://m2.paperblog.com/i/307/3072655/b ... Mja2v.jpeg

[youtube]q2CX20bBNJE[/youtube]

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Hunt wrote:Once you factor in the level of hysteria around college sexual assault, feminist propaganda, the various groups on campuses ready to jump on any suggestion of rape, Title IX, plea bargaining, deal making, rabid prosecution...it is nearly impossible to derive any semblance of what actually happened in cases like this, that is, shit-faced drunken sexual encounter by adolescents. According to "him" it was consensual but he was so wasted that he didn't realize she had passed out. Then there is the issue made of "him" running from the scene, leaving her "in the dirt." But he was wasted and being chased by two alarmed male grad students. As I say, you can't make heads or tails of any of it. It is "he said, she said" through the fog of extreme intoxication. The best thing it is is a case to ban alcohol on college campuses.
My thoughts exactly. Many of my fondest memories involve co-ed situations and alcohol, but the climate these days is turning me into a prohibitionist. Far too many cases where a case need to judge the situation based on the testimony of parties that have little to no memory of the actual events. This is why we can't have nice things.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Easy J wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
I will say I have known people who have been found innocent of a misdemeanor who have spent more time in jail waiting to go to trail than this kid is getting after being found guilty of 3 felonies.
I got 10 years probation for an 8-ball acasual acquaintance working for the cops begged me to score from my ex-girlfriend. Did a little over 3 months in county jail before I was able to post bond. 5 years later I was revoked for being arrested (along with 7 others) for marijuana seeds & stems found in a trash can at a party. Judge gave me 20 years. <snip>
:o

That's... fucking insane. One of my pet issues is jail time for non-violent drug offenses, so I'm not *completely* flabbergasted. But goddamn...

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Service Dog wrote:

I feel sorry for the girl. That comic book sucks.
The writer (from memory) is G Willow Wilson, a convert to Islam. Anything she knows of the experience of Americans of Pakistani decent is going to be (mostly) second hand.

I think it's fine to have diversity in comic books, and for anyone of any race to enjoy this book (Though I haven't read it myself) - however, any SJW who wants to enjoy it is going to have to give up on the idea of 'cultural appropriation'.

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

#ThatHappened

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

AndrewV69 wrote:In other news:
Also:
Damn, i have to say it, that is creepy as fuck! Damn, I would be terrified if this happened to me. Just imagine it, you are minding your own business and suddenly, McDermott looms up to you. Milo is one brave faggot.

But seriously, what are the chances? She blocked me so I don't know if she went to see his tour, if not, i would have suspicions.

JayTeeAitch

Post by JayTeeAitch »

I read his name as Tom Bellend

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Søren Lilholt wrote:

#ThatHappened
By contrast and from the mouths of babes, I was watching a Youtube video about this comic book character when it was announced. My youngest was sitting near said, "So let me get this right, she can change any part of her body into any shape? Thats a stupid super power. How is making her asshole into a hexagon going to help her fight crime?"

Kids have a low tolerance for bullshit.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

feathers wrote:
painfulpox wrote:I was in the Freethinkers' club at Virginia Tech in 2011/2012, and Dan Linford is exactly as awkward and socially clueless as she pretends he couldn't possibly be. I listened to him talk up a girl at the bar by basically giving her a two hour lecture on the Council of Nicea.
What a dork! I save Nicea for pillow talk.

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

jet_lagg wrote:
Easy J wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
I got 10 years probation for an 8-ball acasual acquaintance working for the cops begged me to score from my ex-girlfriend. Did a little over 3 months in county jail before I was able to post bond. 5 years later I was revoked for being arrested (along with 7 others) for marijuana seeds & stems found in a trash can at a party. Judge gave me 20 years. <snip>
:o

That's... fucking insane. One of my pet issues is jail time for non-violent drug offenses, so I'm not *completely* flabbergasted. But goddamn...
It's a running joke with a few friends of mine. We'd be listening to a true crime audiobook at my old job & hear about some paltry sentence handed down for an armed robbery or whatever & just bust out laughing. The first couple of times the subject came up we bitched indignantly about it but it eased into an impromptu punchline with no words needed. Reading the local sex offender page was a howl, too. Yeah, it sucks but ya gotta keep perspective on these things. I'm healthy, have a good job, & I'm not Steve Shives.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

VickyCaramel wrote:"So let me get this right, she can change any part of her body into any shape? Thats a stupid super power.
I possess this power on a very limited basis. It is not stupid at all.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Easy J wrote: It's a running joke with a few friends of mine. We'd be listening to a true crime audiobook at my old job & hear about some paltry sentence handed down for an armed robbery or whatever & just bust out laughing. The first couple of times the subject came up we bitched indignantly about it but it eased into an impromptu punchline with no words needed. Reading the local sex offender page was a howl, too. Yeah, it sucks but ya gotta keep perspective on these things. I'm healthy, have a good job, & I'm not Steve Shives.
Could you tell me if you did work, were forced to work, was there any pay while in prison?

I am wondering if petty criminals are more profitable than armed robbers, easier to control and more productive. Things would start to make sense if you were being used as leased labour.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
feathers wrote:
What a dork! I save Nicea for pillow talk.
To see you, Nicea!

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

It's a yield sign wearing glasses.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

VickyCaramel wrote:How is making her asshole into a hexagon going to help her fight crime?"
It might not help her fight crime but it'll possibly be useful when this guy comes to your town...

[youtube]uzO2mi4uHAs[/youtube]

some guy

Post by some guy »

Latest Evo-psych observations on women/ men differences
[youtube]dpvLj_OB-Y0[/youtube]

feathers

Post by feathers »

some guy wrote:Latest Evo-psych observations on women/ men differences
That lion took considerable risk of being trampled by 150 kg dinner meat.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

Karmakin wrote:
Hunt wrote:

My kinda misanthropic knee-jerk not at all realistic reaction is to put them both in jail.

Both were acting extremely recklessly.
You're fucking kidding me? Did you read the girls statement to the court? They are not equally culpable.

some guy

Post by some guy »

feathers wrote:
some guy wrote:Latest Evo-psych observations on women/ men differences
That lion took considerable risk of being trampled by 150 kg dinner meat.
Well, even more problematic was upstaging his wife. Here's the follow-up:
[youtube]4H76yKneO_Q[/youtube]

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

VickyCaramel wrote:
Søren Lilholt wrote:

#ThatHappened
By contrast and from the mouths of babes, I was watching a Youtube video about this comic book character when it was announced. My youngest was sitting near said, "So let me get this right, she can change any part of her body into any shape? Thats a stupid super power. How is making her asshole into a hexagon going to help her fight crime?"

Could be a useful power for a muslim girl to have, though - she'd be able to grow her clit back.

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

VickyCaramel wrote:
Easy J wrote: It's a running joke with a few friends of mine. We'd be listening to a true crime audiobook at my old job & hear about some paltry sentence handed down for an armed robbery or whatever & just bust out laughing. The first couple of times the subject came up we bitched indignantly about it but it eased into an impromptu punchline with no words needed. Reading the local sex offender page was a howl, too. Yeah, it sucks but ya gotta keep perspective on these things. I'm healthy, have a good job, & I'm not Steve Shives.
Could you tell me if you did work, were forced to work, was there any pay while in prison?

I am wondering if petty criminals are more profitable than armed robbers, easier to control and more productive. Things would start to make sense if you were being used as leased labour.
Free labor. You get something called "work time", which counts towards your sentence. Each day of "good time" amounts to a half day's credit on paper. Same for work time. So on paper, a day of both good time & work time amounts to "2 for 1"

All of this "on paper" business only counts towards your parole date, but still makes for a decent carrot. When you get in trouble, they penalize you by deducting some of it.

I had a 20, non-agg, so I was eligible for parole after doing 25% of my sentence. But my good & work time halved it on paper, making me eligible in 2 1/2 years.

Also, refusing to work will cost you stuff like commissary & recreation privileges & you'll be locked down in your cell or dorm all day. That's the stick part. You really want to be able to go to rec & going to work gets you out so you can socialize with people. Some jobs put you in a position to hustle a bit for illicit profit, too.

The "higher custody" inmates can still work within the unit. They just don't get to go outside the unit like hoe squad or trustees. Only guys in ad seg or closed custody or guys with medical exemptions don't get to work.

So yeah, petty criminals are easier to manage & a bit more productive from a free labor standpoint. They also make parole faster from that 2 for 1 business if they behave, saving the state money again.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

HunnyBunny wrote:Let it go. Take up bonsai, it gives you a sense of perspective on the time available in the rest of your life.
But the "rest of your life" would only be the few seconds before your Zero hits the deck of the American ship.

- Dr Richard Carrier PhD, historian

Billie from Ockham

Mykeru wrote:That article from Service Dog is, excuse the expression, a god-send. I wish I had seen it earlier in communication with her lawyer. Because although my theory of the evidenciary value of a work superseding copyright claims was pulled straight from my ass, but it seemed to make sense given the provisions of Fair Use. That there is precedent for this is important as it strikes directly at the DMCA claim itself which was, assuming you don't believe in Stollznow, Baxter or Kirsch's superior search-fu, the instrument by which they started this legal intimidation.
If you are developing an argument based on Fair Use (instead of something brand new), then be ready to specify which of the four factors your argument applies to. I would assume that an evidentiary value argument would be under the Purpose and Character of Use factor. (It would also act to mitigate the downside under the Amount and Substantiality factor of using the whole piece.)

The problem I see with using an evidentiary value argument is that this is a good reason to retain a copy of the piece, but doesn't automatically support re-publication. In fact, some argue that a thing becomes less useful as evidence when it is widely known.

Billie from Ockham

Hunt wrote:He says it was consensual and she lost consciousness during the act....
If you don't stop when your partner passes out, you are a rapist.

As to the general issue of reduced culpability when drunk ... bah.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Cunning Punt wrote:
You're fucking kidding me? Did you read the girls statement to the court? They are not equally culpable.
Anyone who gets drunk to the point of unconsciousness is an idiot, but the dude is culpable. The light sentence is ridiculous and will be used as an example of rape culture by SJW's for years to come.

Billie from Ockham

I should have looked for the link before commenting. The above is irrelevant to your situation.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Brive1987 wrote:Of course the straightness was only assumed and disregarded your gay statue avatar.

;)

Now I'm going to listen to Frozen again. Nothing 'odd' about me.
My daughter loves that song so I burned a cd of it for her. I know hear it at least 20 times a day.

Because I am an idiot.

Billie from Ockham

some guy wrote:I don't think the legal principle discussed in the article helps you. In the two cases the article discussed, the copyright owners were claiming a violation of their copyright merely because the works were submitted to the courts. The courts rejected that claim on the basis of fair use, as the law permits use in a "judicial proceeding". (And so such a defense would not exist if your only claim is that it is "evidence of illegal conduct" outside the context of a judicial proceeding).
I should get within a page of caught up ... :nin:

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Thanks to you buggers, I've got a new favorite YT channel!

This vid is my top pick so far...

[youtube]cslPzDzeyEA[/youtube]

Silly ref, hooks to the jaw are for fighters!

Billie from Ockham

katamari Damassi wrote:
Cunning Punt wrote:
Anyone who gets drunk to the point of unconsciousness is an idiot, but the dude is culpable. The light sentence is ridiculous and will be used as an example of rape culture by SJW's for years to come.
Agreed on all points. I'll also add that reduced sentences for crimes-when-drunk will make drinking before committing a crime rational.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Cunning Punt wrote:

I read her statement, and what I find remarkable is her unwavering conviction she has no culpability when she also claims to remember literally nothing from the night in question. The entire affair is a shit show, and this wasn't her first blackout episode either. She should be sent to lockdown rehab.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

VickyCaramel wrote: By contrast and from the mouths of babes, I was watching a Youtube video about this comic book character when it was announced. My youngest was sitting near said, "So let me get this right, she can change any part of her body into any shape? Thats a stupid super power. How is making her asshole into a hexagon going to help her fight crime?"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plastic_Man
Plastic Man (real name Patrick "Eel" O'Brian) is a fictional comic book superhero originally published by Quality Comics and later acquired by DC Comics. Created by writer-artist Jack Cole, he first appeared in Police Comics #1 (August 1941).

One of Quality Comics' signature characters during the Golden Age of Comic Books, Plastic Man can stretch his body into any imaginable form
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... Man_17.jpg

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Easy J wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:

Free labor. You get something called "work time", which counts towards your sentence. Each day of "good time" amounts to a half day's credit on paper. Same for work time. So on paper, a day of both good time & work time amounts to "2 for 1"

All of this "on paper" business only counts towards your parole date, but still makes for a decent carrot. When you get in trouble, they penalize you by deducting some of it.

I had a 20, non-agg, so I was eligible for parole after doing 25% of my sentence. But my good & work time halved it on paper, making me eligible in 2 1/2 years.

Also, refusing to work will cost you stuff like commissary & recreation privileges & you'll be locked down in your cell or dorm all day. That's the stick part. You really want to be able to go to rec & going to work gets you out so you can socialize with people. Some jobs put you in a position to hustle a bit for illicit profit, too.

The "higher custody" inmates can still work within the unit. They just don't get to go outside the unit like hoe squad or trustees. Only guys in ad seg or closed custody or guys with medical exemptions don't get to work.

So yeah, petty criminals are easier to manage & a bit more productive from a free labor standpoint. They also make parole faster from that 2 for 1 business if they behave, saving the state money again.

Which was in Texas. I was a work release program in Alabama where I went to a private business to work. The state took about 35% of my manual wage check after taxes. I was making 2 dollars less an hour than the free people I worked with. Alabama sounds like it's got a better good time program. I was earning 3 1/3 days for every day.