The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
Shatterface

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by Shatterface »

Tapir wrote:'Transmasculine'?

How the fuck do these people function (assuming they do)?

They're building themselves a prison of labels, categories, infractions and tantrums - and they can't even see it.
I've said it before, you'll find more jargon in gender politics than string theory, and no Brian Greene or Lisa Randall figure who can explain it all - in clear terms - to the uninitiated.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Billie from Ockham wrote:I am the only one who can't help but read her name as "hyena''?
You mean it isn't?

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Shatterface wrote:
Billie from Ockham wrote:I am the only one who can't help but read her name as "hyena''?
You mean it isn't?
Ouch! (Especially after the comment I made yesterday about it being funny when people say things correctly by mistake and sarcastically.)

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Aaaaaand Gawker filed for bankruptcy. Feeling good today.

https://imgflip.com/readImage?iid=12547342

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

VickyCaramel wrote:I was pro-Europe for years (I didn't know anything about it then), but frankly getting more involved in the business side of business the last 5 years or so of my career, I came to hate it. I can make an argument about how bad it is for small business and the economy especially when you factor in the problem of immigration (Although the UK government, Border Agency, Revenue & Customs, and Police are fucking useless. Immigration IS a serious problem even without the EU's help.)

But my main concern is how undemocratic it is -- except it isn't quite that simple now that I get into it. The media is acting as if the vast majority are pro-Europe and only a minority of hateful racists and little Englanders are against it. It's like being in #GamerGate all over again. Seems like it's all part of the same fight to me.
If you haven't already done so, give "Brexit the movie" a watch on youtube. I'd link it but I'm having tech issues.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

VickyCaramel wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:
<snip>

To put it another way, people who follow me because I promote vaping or leaving Europe are not getting horribly offended if I say feminists are idiots.

I may have been guilty of putting people into boxes. It never works quite like that.
Just out of curiosity: why do you support leaving the European Union?
Fuck yeah.

I was pro-Europe for years (I didn't know anything about it then), but frankly getting more involved in the business side of business the last 5 years or so of my career, I came to hate it. I can make an argument about how bad it is for small business and the economy especially when you factor in the problem of immigration (Although the UK government, Border Agency, Revenue & Customs, and Police are fucking useless. Immigration IS a serious problem even without the EU's help.)

But my main concern is how undemocratic it is -- except it isn't quite that simple now that I get into it. The media is acting as if the vast majority are pro-Europe and only a minority of hateful racists and little Englanders are against it. It's like being in #GamerGate all over again. Seems like it's all part of the same fight to me.
Thanks a lot. I don't really know much about what people in the UK think, or about the potential consequences of an eventual exit of the UK from the EU, and what you get from the Internet isn't really helpful.

I can say that I understand euro-skepticism very well, and I understand why people would want to leave the EU, especially these days, but it's all from the perspective of a country which never got in the EU in the first place, so I recognize I have my biases. Also never joining an organization is very different from joining it and then leaving it.

But yes, the anti-EU side of politics is frequently demonized in certain circles, and not just in the UK, although in other circles the pro-EU side is demonized as well (there's a lot of conspiracy theories about the NWO and the Freemasons in the Catholic Right in Switzerland).

Getting some rational perspective on this issue is a breath of fresh air.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Tribble wrote:And I was fucking ninja'd. Fuck me.
Where yah been, Tribble?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Billie from Ockham wrote:I am the only one who can't help but read her name as "hyena"?
I thought I was the only one, too. I also keep reading Stephanie Zvan's name as Stephanie Swan.

CaptainFluffyBunny

jet_lagg wrote:Aaaaaand Gawker filed for bankruptcy. Feeling good today.

So does this mean Kotatu and Jezebel are toast as well?

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

I think it's important to remember that while studies which previously indicated conservatism correlated with psychosis were hard science, the fact that the results where misinterpreted by 180% proves that apparent correlations between SJW and psychosis are just neophrenology.

The scientific credibility of results depend entirely on whether or not they confirm our biases.

windy

Post by windy »

HunnyBunny wrote:Heina has been sharing. it's just so fucking tragic. I can't even.

http://i.imgur.com/a5W5qWL.jpg
Catch-22. If the parents had agreed that Heina needed special help in math, that would have been just the kind of misogynist stereotyping that's keeps women away from STEM fields.

[youtube]aL0MuT0v6ds[/youtube]

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

[youtube]OG_6CopW9GQ[/youtube]

Awesome. Looks like Nick Denton has finally succeeded in business. Maybe he should consider running for president now.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Tribble wrote:And I was fucking ninja'd. Fuck me.
Where yah been, Tribble?
Come quietly, or there will be....Tribble.

[youtube]bbnhgi-bW_0[/youtube]

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

HunnyBunny wrote:Heina has been sharing. it's just so fucking tragic. I can't even.

fortunately she has some enablers allies to help her feel like a special snowflake.

http://i.imgur.com/hjRAIig.jpg

Some have shared tales so shocking I'm not sure I should be repeating them here.

http://i.imgur.com/lYckUdD.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9QX73Zh.jpg

It all becomes so much clearer now. I truly understand why American 3rd Wave feminists can't focus on problems like FGM, or Yazidi sex slaves, or acid attacks and honour killings, because American teenagers are still having to throw tantrums to get Harry Potter books.
[youtube]GjCSQkQYCcs[/youtube]

Billie from Ockham

Shatterface wrote:I think it's important to remember that while studies which previously indicated conservatism correlated with psychosis were hard science, the fact that the results where misinterpreted by 180% proves that apparent correlations between SJW and psychosis are just neophrenology.
Careful with that shotgun, dude; you might hurt an innocent bystander. The term "neophrenology" can be used to describe a large proportion of modern brain science, thanks, in part, to the first few chapters of Jerry Fodor's Modularity of Mind.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Kirbmarc wrote: Thanks a lot. I don't really know much about what people in the UK think, or about the potential consequences of an eventual exit of the UK from the EU, and what you get from the Internet isn't really helpful.

I can say that I understand euro-skepticism very well, and I understand why people would want to leave the EU, especially these days, but it's all from the perspective of a country which never got in the EU in the first place, so I recognize I have my biases. Also never joining an organization is very different from joining it and then leaving it.

But yes, the anti-EU side of politics is frequently demonized in certain circles, and not just in the UK, although in other circles the pro-EU side is demonized as well (there's a lot of conspiracy theories about the NWO and the Freemasons in the Catholic Right in Switzerland).

Has to be said, Switzerland itself provides a pretty good argument for not being in the EU.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

I've just drunk four glasses of champagne and a Guinnes in 20 minutes and (a) I made my train without getting raped and (b) I love you guys.

Dave

Post by Dave »

Sort of. Its parent company Gawker Media that is filing chapter 11. GM owns Kotaku and Jezebel. However, Ziff Davis says they are purchasing 7 titles from Gawker Media. Which 7 isnt specified, but they likely include both of those (as they are some of Gawker's better known titles.) Its unclear how much, if any, of the current staff would come over with the purchase of the titles.

some guy

Post by some guy »

fortunately she has some enablers allies to help her feel like a special snowflake.

Some have shared tales so shocking I'm not sure I should be repeating them here.

It all becomes so much clearer now. I truly understand why American 3rd Wave feminists can't focus on problems like FGM, or Yazidi sex slaves, or acid attacks and honour killings, because American teenagers are still having to throw tantrums to get Harry Potter books.
Speaking of getting (or not getting) books, you aren't going to fucking believe this, but the abuse keeps coming for Heina Dadabhoy and all of us fans of her life! Now her evil publisher has pushed back the release of her book another 5 months!!! Dec 2016 is now the soonest we will be able to get a hold of her long and widely anticipated book! (Fuck, man, I was so looking forward to this for my summer reading.)

http://www.ipgbook.com/a-skeptic-s-guid ... 32&pid=PTS

SkepticalCat

Post by SkepticalCat »

‘Toothless’ fan in Georgia draws her gun on bad-guy wrestler

The rasslers were faking it, but one fan wasn’t.

Police in Ringgold, Ga., arrested Patricia Anne Crowe, 59, after she jumped into the ring during a small-time regional card and pulled a loaded handgun on bad-guy rassler Paul Lee, earning her charges of aggravated assault and reckless conduct.

Lee told the Catoosa County News that Crowe — with whom he’d been carrying on a running conversation during the match — apparently took umbrage when he admonished her “to sit her toothless self back down.”

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/othe ... -wrestler/

Dave

Post by Dave »

Dave wrote:

Sort of. Its parent company Gawker Media that is filing chapter 11. GM owns Kotaku and Jezebel. However, Ziff Davis says they are purchasing 7 titles from Gawker Media. Which 7 isnt specified, but they likely include both of those (as they are some of Gawker's better known titles.) Its unclear how much, if any, of the current staff would come over with the purchase of the titles.
Additionally, its Chapter 11, so they get to keep operating in the meantime.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

katamari Damassi wrote:For the gays and the liberals this election is 99% about controlling the supreme court. I trust Clinton in that regard. Trump? Not so much.
The gays must have short memories, it took Bill all of about 24 hrs to throw them under the bus after the inauguration in 93', and who can forget Hillary's brave waffle,.. Er.. I mean solid moral stance on gay marriage. But she's learned and changed.... Sure.

The Clintons are great leaders,except when you need them to actually lead.Iraq war, gay marriage,marijuana legalization, every opportunity she's had to stand up and be counted has ended in waffling blather.

Dave

Post by Dave »

Spike13 wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:For the gays and the liberals this election is 99% about controlling the supreme court. I trust Clinton in that regard. Trump? Not so much.
The gays must have short memories, it took Bill all of about 24 hrs to throw them under the bus after the inauguration in 93', and who can forget Hillary's brave waffle,.. Er.. I mean solid moral stance on gay marriage. But she's learned and changed.... Sure.

The Clintons are great leaders,except when you need them to actually lead.Iraq war, gay marriage,marijuana legalization, every opportunity she's had to stand up and be counted has ended in waffling blather.
Absolutely true. And has absolutely fuck-all to do with the SupCt. The next President will chose at least one SupCt Justice. It is not surprising that the gays and liberals would rather it be someone like Ruth Bader Ginsberg or Stephen Breyer than John Roberts or Samuel Alito.

JayTeeAitch

Post by JayTeeAitch »

Dave wrote:

What does it mean to file for chapter 11 bankruptcy and sell it? Why not just sell it?

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Bhurzum wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:I was pro-Europe for years (I didn't know anything about it then), but frankly getting more involved in the business side of business the last 5 years or so of my career, I came to hate it. I can make an argument about how bad it is for small business and the economy especially when you factor in the problem of immigration (Although the UK government, Border Agency, Revenue & Customs, and Police are fucking useless. Immigration IS a serious problem even without the EU's help.)

If you haven't already done so, give "Brexit the movie" a watch on youtube. I'd link it but I'm having tech issues.
I promoted that for the first few days after it was released -- I was literally sitting here waiting for it (and it got removed after a copyright claim).

I'm taking a break from #Brexit, I figured I would hit it hard again in the last week. I found myself arguing against a handful of the same old hatefull idiots.

Billie from Ockham

JayTeeAitch wrote:What does it mean to file for chapter 11 bankruptcy and sell it? Why not just sell it?
In brief, Chapter 11 is when you renegotiate your debts while continuing to operate. What most people think of as "bankruptcy" is Chapter 7.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Sunder wrote:You've got people responding by pointing to Haidt and others pointing out that ideological diversity in academia would have likely prevented this embarassment, but you've also got the usual conservative tards who maintain that it's all a big conspiracy and the whole experiment was rigged (which obviously begs the question of why there was a need to misinterpret the data if the data themselves could just be manufactured to say whatever the experimenter wants).
I listened to Haidt on a podcast recently and was relieved to hear that his name sounds like 'Hight' and not 'Hate'.

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

Spike13 wrote:

Wake up, America. Vote Democrat & it's blue waffle for the next 4 years.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Billie from Ockham wrote:
JayTeeAitch wrote:What does it mean to file for chapter 11 bankruptcy and sell it? Why not just sell it?
In brief, Chapter 11 is when you renegotiate your debts while continuing to operate. What most people think of as "bankruptcy" is Chapter 7.
I just want the folks at Gawker, Kotaku and Jezebel to have their lives crushed and their hopes and dreams ground into dust. Is that so much to ask?

JayTeeAitch

Post by JayTeeAitch »

So it buys some time, I assume, while you sell. This must mean that they're struggling now, even before $140M payout, or they have to put that brass into escrow in law?

CaptainFluffyBunny

Easy J wrote:
Spike13 wrote:

Trump's choices for Supreme Court gave my ultra-conservative friends permaboners. I think I'll take the waffle.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Spike13 wrote:

In the UK the Blair government waffled on about gay rights for years.

The Tories legalised gay marriage.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

I have to admit this is the sort of thing that makes me want to vote Trump, or Buchanan, or Mussolini.

Billie from Ockham

JayTeeAitch wrote:So it buys some time, I assume, while you sell. This must mean that they're struggling now, even before $140M payout, or they have to put that brass into escrow in law?
The hope and purpose of Chapter 11 is that the business buys time to get going again and actually "emerges" from bankruptcy and goes back to being a regular business. This often involves selling off some assets, but that isn't required; it's all negotiated. If the creditors don't agree, then it usually switches to Chapter 7 and everything is sold off and the proceeds split by the creditors. But that is usually pennies on the dollar, so the creditors often agree to new terms under Chapter 11, if they think that they're more likely to get more of their money back by allowing the business to continue.

Without knowing the details of what Gawker owes, their income, etc, it's impossible to predict whether the creditors will agree to a restructuring or if they'll force Gawker into Chapter 7.

Dave

Post by Dave »

JayTeeAitch wrote:
So it buys some time, I assume, while you sell. This must mean that they're struggling now, even before $140M payout, or they have to put that brass into escrow in law?
Filing came immediately after the Judge denied a stay and payment plan for the $140M. IOW the $140M is due and payable now. Thats why they are filing now.

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

I feel that a Trump presidency would be terrible in every way except for the PC-SJW problem. So when it comes time to vote, I'll have to weigh that one factor against pretty much everything else.

Six months ago, it would have been a no-brainer for me: hold the nose and vote for Hillary.

Now? I'm not so sure.

How fucked up is that?

Guestus Aurelius

I mean, am I insane for actually wondering if this growing SJW shit is such a pressing problem that it supersedes everything else?

katamari Damassi

Easy J wrote:
Spike13 wrote:

The Clintons political convictions are determined by a wind sock. They go which ever way the wind is blowing. Since gay rights are popular right now, we can depend on Hillary being okay with it. Bill's picks for the Supreme Court were good, so we think Hillary's will be okay. My biggest fear with Hillary is the further defanging of Dodd-Frank, because the one thing the Clintons are consistent on is helping their investors.

katamari Damassi

Guestus Aurelius wrote:I mean, am I insane for actually wondering if this growing SJW shit is such a pressing problem that it supersedes everything else?
I think it's a skewed perspective from spending time on the interwebs. How much does millennials' whining effect you in RL?

CaptainFluffyBunny

katamari Damassi wrote:
Guestus Aurelius wrote:I mean, am I insane for actually wondering if this growing SJW shit is such a pressing problem that it supersedes everything else?
I think it's a skewed perspective from spending time on the interwebs. How much does millennials' whining effect you in RL?
That is a good question. I'm going to have at least two kids in college in the next four years. And frankly the bullshit there is scary. It's already dribbled down into High School. It is all about feels and getting rid of curriculum of old dead white men even if the happen to be Shakespeare or Darwin.

Because of abortion rights, SCOTUS, and some other reasons, I will probably vote waffle. Also it would just be a matter of time before Trump and Putin have a falling out and Putin becomes "Puny Putin" and the missles start flying.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

Yes. Do you really think the average person, and even the average person at a college or university gives a crap or even knows his stuff is going on?

True story. I had heard of the song "Blurred Lines" and the controversy surrounding it, but had never heard the actual song itself until last year. I was at a winery with my girlfriend and 2 of her female friends at an event and they had a covers band playing. It was a lovely sunny day and we were all getting stuck into a very nice bottle of white wine. Then they played a song where the words sounded a bit familiar. My lady friends were all tapping their feet and singing along. So I said, "what's the name of that song?", my girlfriend answered, "Blurred Lines". I said, "Oh! That's that song that's been banned on some college campuses for being 'rapey' ".

All three women looked at me like I was mad. They had no idea what I was talking about.

John D

Post by John D »

Cunning Punt wrote:
Yes. Do you really think the average person, and even the average person at a college or university gives a crap or even knows his stuff is going on?

True story. I had heard of the song "Blurred Lines" and the controversy surrounding it, but had never heard the actual song itself until last year. I was at a winery with my girlfriend and 2 of her female friends at an event and they had a covers band playing. It was a lovely sunny day and we were all getting stuck into a very nice bottle of white wine. Then they played a song where the words sounded a bit familiar. My lady friends were all tapping their feet and singing along. So I said, "what's the name of that song?", my girlfriend answered, "Blurred Lines". I said, "Oh! That's that song that's been banned on some college campuses for being 'rapey' ".

All three women looked at me like I was mad. They had no idea what I was talking about.
I agree. We are all in our own "echo-chamber". I have almost no friends or co-workers who have even heard of "rape culture" or "the patriarchy".

I am stepping back from the SJW stuff. It will burn out on its own (while taking a few victims along the way). I was getting too cranky on Facebook lately so I have been cleaning out stuff. Defriending the leftists, not following AHA etc. So far it has been a good thing.

The reason I am so involved in this topic is because of the US atheism/skepticism kerfuffle. The one topic I wanted to get politically involved in has been taken over by SJWs. Time to get some perspective.

Malky

Post by Malky »

Kirbmarc wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:<snip>

To put it another way, people who follow me because I promote vaping or leaving Europe are not getting horribly offended if I say feminists are idiots.

I may have been guilty of putting people into boxes. It never works quite like that.
Just out of curiosity: why do you support leaving the European Union?
Fuck yeah.

I was pro-Europe for years (I didn't know anything about it then), but frankly getting more involved in the business side of business the last 5 years or so of my career, I came to hate it. I can make an argument about how bad it is for small business and the economy especially when you factor in the problem of immigration (Although the UK government, Border Agency, Revenue & Customs, and Police are fucking useless. Immigration IS a serious problem even without the EU's help.)

Thanks a lot. I don't really know much about what people in the UK think, or about the potential consequences of an eventual exit of the UK from the EU, and what you get from the Internet isn't really helpful.

I work in Tax and get a lot of legal and financial analysis as a result. My opinion that we would be insane to leave the EU despite its faults (which are quite a few ) has only been strengthened by this input.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Malky wrote: I work in Tax and get a lot of legal and financial analysis as a result. My opinion that we would be insane to leave the EU despite its faults (which are quite a few ) has only been strengthened by this input.
When people tell me, "We will better off", that almost always means they will be better off and I'll pay for it.

Malky

Post by Malky »

VickyCaramel wrote:
Malky wrote: I work in Tax and get a lot of legal and financial analysis as a result. My opinion that we would be insane to leave the EU despite its faults (which are quite a few ) has only been strengthened by this input.
When people tell me, "We will better off", that almost always means they will be better off and I'll pay for it.
As far as I an see the Brexit arguments are mostly based on the little Englander mentality and a touch of fantasy combined with the idea that the Commonwealth still love us! :(

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

John D wrote:
Cunning Punt wrote:

I agree. We are all in our own "echo-chamber". I have almost no friends or co-workers who have even heard of "rape culture" or "the patriarchy".

I am stepping back from the SJW stuff. It will burn out on its own (while taking a few victims along the way). I was getting too cranky on Facebook lately so I have been cleaning out stuff. Defriending the leftists, not following AHA etc. So far it has been a good thing.

The reason I am so involved in this topic is because of the US atheism/skepticism kerfuffle. The one t epic I wanted to get politically involved in has been taken over by SJWs. Time to get some perspective.
Same here. I felt there was an even chance of something like a schism when I started cozying up to the secular movement. Because of this, I got more pissed off than I should've when it actually happened. Eventually I found a place where it was all being laughed at from a safe distance & gave up on it all.

It isn't healthy to be expending too many stress-calories on stuff I have no control over. But seeing the bullshit mocked as it fails has consistently brightened my day.

Billie from Ockham

Easy J wrote:Same here. I felt there was an even chance of something like a schism when I started cozying up to the secular movement. Because of this, I got more pissed off than I should've when it actually happened. Eventually I found a place where it was all being laughed at from a safe distance & gave up on it all.
You need emulate Dr Richard Carrier PhD and learn not to mind being hit by some schism.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Guestus Aurelius

I fully recognize that SJWs represent a minority of the population.

What frightens me is how this intolerant and censorial ideology has spread, and how much sway it's gained over our major institutions—government, education, the media.

When I said "supersedes everything else," I didn't mean "literally everything else." I meant: of the issues that I think are important this election cycle, am I insane to wonder if the growing SJW nonsense is right near the top?

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:When I said "supersedes everything else," I didn't mean "literally everything else." I meant: of the issues that I think are important this election cycle, am I insane to wonder if the growing SJW nonsense is right near the top?
Trump will decide.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

This is lulworthy.

https://muircheart.wordpress.com/2016/0 ... underfoot/

You have to admit, Thunderf00t looks like a loser in this exchange.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Those 'courses' are a scam, preying on neurotic kids/their neurotic parents. Parents were smart to tell their peer-pressured kid to fuck off.

So congrats, Heina, your parents aren't complete idiots. However you don't appear to have picked up their money management skills. What happened to the $10k, Heina? Where's the book?

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Also, she was going to get a job to pay for the scam class... Instead of just using the time she would have been working to study what she needed to study.

???

Would they have taught you how not to be retarded in this SAT prep course, Heina?

katamari Damassi

John D wrote:
Cunning Punt wrote:

The reason I am so involved in this topic is because of the US atheism/skepticism kerfuffle. The one topic I wanted to get politically involved in has been taken over by SJWs. Time to get some perspective.
I agree. It's a fad, like radical chic in the late 60's and early 70's. It will wane and eventually be replaced by something equally insipid and annoying.

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

katamari Damassi wrote: I agree. It's a fad, like radical chic in the late 60's and early 70's. It will wane and eventually be replaced by something equally insipid and annoying.
Disco? :burn:

Guestus Aurelius

What troubles me is university administrations allowing the inmates to run the asylum, sacrificing bedrock principles in the process. It scares me that the media has become less and less distinguishable from social media, and more and more dominated by young know-nothings burdened by white guilt and indoctrinated by their professors in identity politics. It scares me that publicly speaking out against this bullshit requires more and more courage, because the backlash is quick, ruthless, and potentially ruinous. There are ongoing earnest efforts to root out anonymity and censor "hate speech" on the internet.

I know that most people have no idea that this shit is going on. That doesn't make the danger any less real, IMO. If anything, doesn't that make the danger more real?

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

One last binaural hearing post for DaveDodo...

http://i.imgur.com/B8HYLn3.png

Reproduced with permission of the author.

Happy to answer any questions.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Now I'm fixated on this. Heina is fucking stupid.

Minimum wage 1997-2007 was $5.15.

Basic math: She would have had to have worked over 100 hours to pay for a $500 class.

The standard Kaplan classroom course is 18 hours.

Instead of doing her own personalized, targeted studying for 118 hours.

And her dad is 'abusive' for suggesting the latter over the former.

:twatson:

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Cunning Punt wrote:This is lulworthy.

https://muircheart.wordpress.com/2016/0 ... underfoot/

You have to admit, Thunderf00t looks like a loser in this exchange.
Moriarty sounds like a windbag and Tf00t did lose out by wasting his time responding to him. I didn't read all the exchange but Moriarty comes across as a faux progressive version of a presuppositionalist.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Just look at this shitlord.

[youtube]zTT0LDYn3FA[/youtube]

He called the American Humanists and got the closest estimate to be under 5,000 for the reason rally.

Given the results of the Reason Rally, I think it suffered more from a public perception problem based on its code of conduct, political list of aims, David Silverman telling people who had concerns to not show up. David Silverman got exactly what he asked for. People wanted assurances that if they come they wouldn't somehow become the target of a witch hunt. Silverman told them to go fuck themselves.

I think Thunderfoot's (and people like him) highlighting of these concerns did a lot to dissuade people.

And on the issue of lack of publicity. Prior reason rally's had a lot of promotion. But most of that was word of mouth from the community. Obviously the community wasn't excited about the prospects.