The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
comhcinc

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by comhcinc »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: No, I just see that their lifestyle may be implicit in allowing Carrier to continue affiliation despite there being a complaint and despite knowing what he was up to regarding students. Carrier made it very clear where he drew the line, and it went way past Camp Quest's line. But they kept him.
I think it's going too far to indict an entire lifestyle instead of the one person that is fucking him. Indict her. In the butt.

Also you did mention meds. Is the Captain cool?

Really?

Post by Really? »

deLurch wrote:One item that sticks out for me in Carrier's testimony is that he says that his statement was shown to his accuser via SSA and that she found it acceptable. But the account he tells is of a different woman. What if the SSA showed Carrier's statement to the woman that it involved, and not the one that had made the complaint.

It would certainly explain a lot as to why Carrier's story doesn't mesh as he was continuing to conflate two different women.
Carrier: Hey, I'm really sorry about what happened with Darlene. Total misunderstanding.

Carrier's girlfriend's husband: It wasn't Darlene.

Carrier: Jessica?

Carrier's girlfriend's husband: Nope. Not Jessica.

Carrier: Tanisha?

Carrier's girlfriend's husband: That's a little closer.

Carrier: Tell you what. I'll write a vague apology and I'll leave empty spaces where you can just write in the woman's name whenever this happens.

Carrier's girlfriend's husband: Sounds good. Are you enjoying my wife? [gigglegigglegiggle]

Carrier: Oh, yeah. We went across the country, but it feels like we went around the world.

Carrier's girlfriend's husband: Happy to oblige.

Carrier: Oh, and I'm going to say that I just resigned from the Speakers' Bureau.

Carrier's girlfriend's husband: Of course. We wouldn't want to end the gravy train. Either type of gravy.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Really? wrote:
HunnyBunny wrote:There is no ménage a trios. There is no evidence of involvement by the Executive Director of SSA in the relationship between his wife and Carrier. There are no photos of Carrier and the husband together that I can find despite the fact that'll three attended the same co free cels. They aren't friends on Facebook.
You have to admit that it's pretty fishy when you go to the Camp Quest and SSA Facebook pages and see each organization commenting on the wall of the other, knowing that all the comments might be typed on the same laptop.
I should have said there is no evidence, not there is no ménage a trio.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

What I find amazing about the Secular Student Alliance is that Richard Carrier straight up publicly announced that he did not like their new "no trying to fuck the students" policy, and that he would refuse to speak if they implemented that policy. The Secular Student Alliance still kept him on. Should anyone seem surprised that Carrier tried to lawyer out technicalities to get around the policy? Oh, it is all fine since they went to pub event after the speaking event. What, did Carrier really think the policy only applied to fucking the students on stage while give his talks?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

And I can't believe we went this long into this without using that clip yet.

Fuck me I have a sinus migraine. We can keep talking lets just turn the lights out. Maybe light a candle, put some Berry White on...

Xenu

Post by Xenu »

Possibly of note, the accuser, Amy Frank's former name was Amy Skiba and she was the President of Arizona State Unniversity's Secular Students Union at the time.

So this isn't just some girl who attended Richard's speech, it was the president of that university's SSU group who was hosting Mr. Carrier.

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

Has anyone played that clip where PZ is stomping around on stage & ranting about atheist movement males seeing women as fuck toys yet?

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

CommanderTuvok wrote:Carrier: [looking smug]...so, Columbo, looks like the phantom face jizzer is going to get away with his sexual harassment at Camp Quest?

Columbo: Sure seems that way [puts the hand he is holding his cigar in to his head].

Carrier: Well, now that you've wasted three days dogging my every move, you can now move on knowing you've been defeated by an intellectual colossus. Move along now.

Gee, shucks, I guess so. You sure are smart! [Columbo walks towards the door, getting half outside, while Carrier begins to pour himself a glass of Champagne......but then Columbo pauses, and turns around...]

Columbo: Just one more thing, Sir.

Carrier: What is it now, you irritant?

Columbo: This photograph, Sir. [Columbo whips out the photo of Carrier at Camp Quest and shows it him] This is you at Camp Quest, with the tattoo.

[The screen freezes with a smiling Columbo holding up the photograph....yellow title fonts roll]
:laughing-rollingyellow:

Well played, Commander. Well played indeed.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

HunnyBunny wrote:Also Brive, your timeline is wrong. I know it's sacrilege to say this, I'm sorry.

The incident where Carrier appears on the main Camp Quest page in a photo was a Secular Day event, where Amanda Metskas, Director of Quest was an invited speaker, as was Carrier. At this event both SSA and Camp Quest had groups officially representing them.

It's not canon, I'm in the process of just trying to get the threads together in my Mind. So has Amanda been in his lap for the whole road trip ?

johnself

Post by johnself »

CommanderTuvok wrote:Carrier: [looking smug]...so, Columbo, looks like the phantom face jizzer is going to get away with his sexual harassment at Camp Quest?

Columbo: Sure seems that way [puts the hand he is holding his cigar in to his head].

Carrier: Well, now that you've wasted three days dogging my every move, you can now move on knowing you've been defeated by an intellectual colossus. Move along now.

Gee, shucks, I guess so. You sure are smart! [Columbo walks towards the door, getting half outside, while Carrier begins to pour himself a glass of Champagne......but then Columbo pauses, and turns around...]

Columbo: Just one more thing, Sir.

Carrier: What is it now, you irritant?

Columbo: This photograph, Sir. [Columbo whips out the photo of Carrier at Camp Quest and shows it him] This is you at Camp Quest, with the tattoo.

[The screen freezes with a smiling Columbo holding up the photograph....yellow title fonts roll]
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

comhcinc wrote: Fuck me I have a sinus migraine. We can keep talking lets just turn the lights out. Maybe light a candle, put some Berry White on...
Berry Whites 'Practice What You Peach' seems appropriate.

[youtube]Px1EFfP0v9A[/youtube]

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

A grey. A fucking grey.

Carrier gets weirder and weirder

https://2dbdd5116ffa30a49aa8-c03f075f81 ... 4.6881.jpg

johnself

Post by johnself »

Carrier can't see what the problem is, he asks all women for permission before sex.
All women.
All the time.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Brive1987 wrote:A grey. A fucking grey.

Is "a grey" aussiespeak for something? Hair color?

CaptainFluffyBunny

I do hope some of our 14 guests are enjoying. Perhaps our current topic du jour is reading? Pull up a 'nym and have at it!

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:

I think it might be something to do with those extraterrestrial anal-probers. Carrier sure is a kinky boi.

CaptainFluffyBunny

I'm also frankly surprised Thunderfoot or Sargon haven't mentioned anything yet on their channels. I think Tfoot would be particularly interested in Carrier's shenanigans.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Tigzy wrote:

I think it might be something to do with those extraterrestrial anal-probers. Carrier sure is a kinky boi.
In which case he'd best hope alien semen isn't similar to face-hugger acid.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Jan Steen wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
HunnyBunny wrote:Wonderful, so happy for her. I'm sure almost every person who has committed sexual assault or rape has been nice to some of the people they met in life. This doesn't preclude them having committed the crimes they were accused of. The Yorkshire Ripper's wife claimed she had no idea he was a murderous bastard who hated women. Nice manners doesn't mean you are innocent. Just means you could be duplicitous. Or fail at life and don't understand personal boundaries because your pecker's gotten excited over the nubile young thing sat next to you.
If the Jimmy Savile affair teaches us anything, it's that these creeps look and act just like the rest of us.
Erm...

http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dyn ... 379792.jpg
Guys, I suppose I should have brought this up earlier but Anna Racoon has a different take. For example from The Savile Memorial Celebrations…
I have followed this story more closely than most – and I’m still not convinced that Savile was a paedophile. I’m even less convinced than I was before I read the Dame Janet Smith report.
This is only the tip of the Iceberg. Ms Racoon has written extensively on Jimmy Saville and the events surrounding said same and he conclusion is that he was fitted up. Go ahead, follow the 1st link and a few others and see if what she says adds up.

Or not. After all we know that the media & various authorities always respond in a sane calm professional manner and always investigate properly and never believe a lie, especially when there is compelling evidence that shit as reported could never have happened.

Xenu

Post by Xenu »

http://lanyrd.com/profile/aeskiba-8934/

Seems like she also attended a prior conference in 2014 that Dr. Carrier, Heina, and Greta also spoke at.

johnself

Post by johnself »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:I'm also frankly surprised Thunderfoot or Sargon haven't mentioned anything yet on their channels. I think Tfoot would be particularly interested in Carrier's shenanigans.
My guess would be the story is difficult to distill into a few sentences, like everyone can understand Carrier going to a blog and spamming the comment thread with semen fetishism, here we got many people and organizations and a fairly complex timeline. Also it happened right in the middle of Orlando, Cox and Brexit.

In the meantime:
Q: What is the similarity between Carrier and his girlfriends?
A: They are all in a hot sticky mess.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

The Secular Student Alliance does not tolerate sexual harassment of its members. A recent post alleging inappropriate conduct by one of our former speakers, Richard Carrier, requires us to respond. After an internal investigation, Mr. Carrier was removed from our speaker’s list last year, and no longer has an official or unofficial affiliation with the Secular Student Alliance.

This is absolutely outrageous. How the fuck could they? Shit, I can't even.

Mr. Carrier? Mister? Don't they know it's Dr. Carrier? Sheesh.
Friday the 13th: Camp Quest II.

"...to cut a long story short, I calculated that the probability that Jesus existed is at best about 33%. Did I tell you already that I have a PhD in ancient history?"
"You're incredibly erudite, Dr. Carrier."
"It's nothing compared to your beautiful hair.""
"Huh?"
"Are you dating someone?"
"Dating? Was that what having a boyfriend was called when you were young, Dr. Carrier?"
"You know, if you ever get tired of your boyfriend, I would be more than happy to date you."
"Fuck off, you creep."
"Hey, no problem. You're free to say no. You don't know what you're missing out on, but hey."
"OK, I'm going to complain about you with the organization."
"Good luck with that. I happen to fuck the boss of this fucking organization. Hahaha."

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Sulman wrote:Interesting case regarding two barristers getting hammered and getting in on outside Waterloo station during rush hour:

https://johnjamessite.com/2016/04/26/mo ... pitude-iv/

I understand it's been thrown out, but a good example of what appears to be some pretty careful use of sexual assault laws.
Without even looking I am going to guess that the woman claimed rape because she was too drunk to consent and therefore it is all the fault of the penis bearer.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Brive1987 wrote:
rayshul wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Well, it's Friday 5.00pm and I just left my job of 25 years.

In honour of Dick, my farewell email rickrolled the whole company. I find shit like that amusing.

Less amusing was that group of 20 somethings who didn't know what a rickroll was. Obviously as students they never did SSA.
Congrats on... 25 years of your life... ending. ^_^ Was this the first job out of school?
Same company but I've done three distinct roles there of escalating scope. And yep, first company out of University. There were a few good reasons I stayed as long as I did. And probably a couple of bad ones.
Nerd of Redhead has retired recently. You should get in touch, go on some fishing trips with him.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Don't you skeptic bro? ;)

http://i.imgur.com/05H0nJT.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
rayshul wrote:
Congrats on... 25 years of your life... ending. ^_^ Was this the first job out of school?
Same company but I've done three distinct roles there of escalating scope. And yep, first company out of University. There were a few good reasons I stayed as long as I did. And probably a couple of bad ones.
Nerd of Redhead has retired recently. You should get in touch, go on some fishing trips with him.
Does he do road trips?

But seriously.

Fuck you.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

A quick search reveals this:

Woman sex case QC was 'a willing partner' in drunk romp: Solicitor will not face charge of sexually assaulting barrister after two witnesses said she consented (but she still can't be named)

Mind, this is from that bastion of professional journalism the Daily Flail:
A solicitor will not be charged with sexually assaulting a female barrister after police found two witnesses who said she was a willing partner in the drunken romp
Other quotes from the press:
The female barrister said through her solicitors Bindmans: 'I reported an incident to police in good faith having carefully considered the implications and only because I believed it was the right thing to do.

'I would never make a deliberately false allegation of a serious criminal offence and any suggestion that I did so is deeply offensive and upsetting.'

She is still fighting to quash her caution, while facing a Bar Standards Council investigation into her behaviour.

Critics have expressed concern that the anonymity law could have been used to keep the woman's name secret – and pointed out that a prosecution of Mr Stening for sexual assault would have been fatally flawed by the caution she signed admitting consensual sexual activity.

A source familiar with the case told the Mail: 'I can't believe the police will accept her attempt to withdraw her acceptance of the caution. If her attempt were to be successful, she would surely have to be charged with outraging public decency – and appear in court after all. Witnesses claim she was an active participant in this 'romp'.'
Ya ya ya. It is all the fault of the penis bearer. A woman never has agency, makes a wrong decision etc. etc. then lies about it and throws her partner in crime under the bus.

That is of course if you believe the media about anything.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Brive1987 wrote:
HunnyBunny wrote:Also Brive, your timeline is wrong. I know it's sacrilege to say this, I'm sorry.

The incident where Carrier appears on the main Camp Quest page in a photo was a Secular Day event, where Amanda Metskas, Director of Quest was an invited speaker, as was Carrier. At this event both SSA and Camp Quest had groups officially representing them.

It's not canon, I'm in the process of just trying to get the threads together in my Mind. So has Amanda been in his lap for the whole road trip ?
The first evidence of her being with him is May 25th In Salt Lake City. She was also with him in Kansas City on the 28th/29th. In all of Carrier's posts about the trip he talks about 'We' or 'Us'.Kansas City was the last stop before Columbus.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

VickyCaramel wrote:
I forgot all about Spear Chuckers, jungle Bunnies and the rhyming slang "Macca" (from Macaroon).... Political Correctness has obviously been very effective as they have slipped from my lexicon. I must remember to use them next time I am at KFC.
Oh do let us know how events unfolded after that.

As for myself, all that I can recall is Sambo and Golliwog.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Further questons:

In the 'Regarding the Accusations' post Carrier says he resigned as a speaker for SSA.

On the facebook post by SSA, they say "Mr. Carrier was removed from our speaker’s list last year, and no longer has an official or unofficial affiliation with the Secular Student Alliance."

On the 'Regarding the Accusations' post Carrier states:
It wasn’t until months later that I learned that that person, whom I did wrong, did not file a complaint; but that Amy had. Which left me perplexed. Our interaction did not match what I was being told. I discovered who the actual complainant was when I was later a volunteer driver for an SSA conference she attended (unbeknownst to me) and the SSA asked me to keep my distance from her at her request.
Bolding and underlining mine.

If Carrier was removed as a Speaker by SSA, and no longer had any affiliation with SSA, why was he months later acting as a volunteer driver at an SSA conference?

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

AndrewV69 wrote:A quick search reveals this:

Woman sex case QC was 'a willing partner' in drunk romp: Solicitor will not face charge of sexually assaulting barrister after two witnesses said she consented (but she still can't be named)

Mind, this is from that bastion of professional journalism the Daily Flail:
A solicitor will not be charged with sexually assaulting a female barrister after police found two witnesses who said she was a willing partner in the drunken romp
Other quotes from the press:
The female barrister said through her solicitors Bindmans: 'I reported an incident to police in good faith having carefully considered the implications and only because I believed it was the right thing to do.

'I would never make a deliberately false allegation of a serious criminal offence and any suggestion that I did so is deeply offensive and upsetting.'

She is still fighting to quash her caution, while facing a Bar Standards Council investigation into her behaviour.

Critics have expressed concern that the anonymity law could have been used to keep the woman's name secret – and pointed out that a prosecution of Mr Stening for sexual assault would have been fatally flawed by the caution she signed admitting consensual sexual activity.

A source familiar with the case told the Mail: 'I can't believe the police will accept her attempt to withdraw her acceptance of the caution. If her attempt were to be successful, she would surely have to be charged with outraging public decency – and appear in court after all. Witnesses claim she was an active participant in this 'romp'.'
Ya ya ya. It is all the fault of the penis bearer. A woman never has agency, makes a wrong decision etc. etc. then lies about it and throws her partner in crime under the bus.

That is of course if you believe the media about anything.
Well there was the case of the Liberal MP last year.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

VickyCaramel wrote:
Sulman wrote:Interesting case regarding two barristers getting hammered and getting in on outside Waterloo station during rush hour:

https://johnjamessite.com/2016/04/26/mo ... pitude-iv/

I understand it's been thrown out, but a good example of what appears to be some pretty careful use of sexual assault laws.
This presents some interesting dilemmas even without the woman alleging sexual assault.

I hope they are both disbarred.
Why? How is this behavior out of the ordinary for barristers or any other member of the legal profession?

Admittedly screwing John.Q.Public is usually what they do and a drunken fuck in a very public place in broad daylight and with potentially thousands of witnesses might be stretching things just a wee bit, but I fail to see how they may have breached their professional standards.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

HunnyBunny wrote:Further questons:

In the 'Regarding the Accusations' post Carrier says he resigned as a speaker for SSA.

On the facebook post by SSA, they say "Mr. Carrier was removed from our speaker’s list last year, and no longer has an official or unofficial affiliation with the Secular Student Alliance."

It wasn’t until months later that I learned that that person, whom I did wrong, did not file a complaint; but that Amy had. Which left me perplexed. Our interaction did not match what I was being told. I discovered who the actual complainant was when I was later a volunteer driver for an SSA conference she attended (unbeknownst to me) and the SSA asked me to keep my distance from her at her request.

If Carrier was removed as a Speaker by SSA, and no longer had any affiliation with SSA, why was he months later acting as a volunteer driver at an SSA conference?
Added to the above, given Amy's position with SSA as a chapter President, and given that she was publicly seeking funding to attend the conference, SSA must have been aware that the complainant in a sexual harassment case was coming to the very conference that the perpetrator of the sexual harassment was acting in a volunteer capacity as. They must have been aware because they warned Carrier to keep away from her.

Fucking appalling conduct by an organisation working with young people.

Really?

Post by Really? »

I remember reading that, but it didn't register. So Carrier was not EMPLOYED by SSA, nor was he ON THE SPEAKERS' BUREAU and had no affiliation with SSA, but he was driving young women around from place to place.

Carrier's an Ubercreep.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

feathers wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:Since it is 24 hours since the news broke, shouldn't Ofie the Transphobe have banged out copypasted 14 articles on it by now?
Fixed that.
I was going to say something like that. But I will restrain myself and merely point out that she would have to copy/paste from the Slymepit and the fallout, would be much more problematic than say her Donald Trump like styling comb over for her receding hairline.

So she has every incentive to stay silent till she has an acceptable source to quote.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

JackSkeptic wrote:If there was ANY sexual content in what the kids were taught at Camp Quest I would radically change my position. Not only for that but for the fact SJW's are more than happy to indoctrinate into their political philosophy, the same as most relegions will. Teaching kids they must listen and belive, thinking for yourself is bad and that they must think only the 'one true way' is in itself a form of abuse.

But I see no evidence of that. Maybe I am naive though.
My kid attended one of the regional Camp Quest summer camps twice, at ages 16 & 17. The 2nd year they told the parents ahead of time there'd be discussion with the teens about consent (re sex), & IIRC you could opt your kid out. I asked my kid afterwards about the week & it sounded like they'd had some educators from Planned Parenthood come to camp for part of a day, & whatever they talked about it paled in comparison with condom water balloon tossing.

It seemed like the focus otherwise was solidly on fun sciencey & critical thinking skill-building, and many if not all the kids are atheists. My kid loved it.

FWIW that was our experience & YMMV at other locations.

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

[youtube]Sg4THzgKcZo[/youtube]

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Really? wrote: I remember reading that, but it didn't register. So Carrier was not EMPLOYED by SSA, nor was he ON THE SPEAKERS' BUREAU and had no affiliation with SSA, but he was driving young women around from place to place.

Carrier's an Ubercreep.
As Aneris pointed out, these people are not going to engage in good faith, and they are going to litigate every single point. If you want to interact then keep both those issues in mind. Note how they've already rolled out the line that Carrier's only involvement with Camp Quest since 2009 was a single volunteer day, when the truth is he's still on their list of volunteers and friends, is very, very close with their president, and apparently close enough with the rest of the staff to have his picture posted (with links to his profile) on their facebook. SSA will pull similar stunts. They'll point toward the investigation and how Carrier was removed from the speaker's panel ("resigned" says that dishonest fuck) and say this proves they behaved like professionals, but the truth is that's bullshit. Carrier driving women around on their behalf is involvement with the SSA, period. If someone can't see that an insists on an SSA pay stub with Carrier's name on it before they'll recognize the obvious, then that person is just trying to waste your time.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Skep tickle wrote:
JackSkeptic wrote:If there was ANY sexual content in what the kids were taught at Camp Quest I would radically change my position. Not only for that but for the fact SJW's are more than happy to indoctrinate into their political philosophy, the same as most relegions will. Teaching kids they must listen and belive, thinking for yourself is bad and that they must think only the 'one true way' is in itself a form of abuse.

My kid attended one of the regional Camp Quest summer camps twice, at ages 16 & 17. The 2nd year they told the parents ahead of time there'd be discussion with the teens about consent (re sex), & IIRC you could opt your kid out. I asked my kid afterwards about the week & it sounded like they'd had some educators from Planned Parenthood come to camp for part of a day, & whatever they talked about it paled in comparison with condom water balloon tossing.

It seemed like the focus otherwise was solidly on fun sciencey & critical thinking skill-building, and many if not all the kids are atheists. My kid loved it.

I don't necessarily think that what you describe is a bad thing. To be honest, I might be a little annoyed if Planned Parenthood came in and preached an SJW version of consent. And I'm not sure what that has to do with science and skepticism, but I can live with it. You tell kids that "no one should touch the no-no spot" or "You must make sure that you have absolute confirmation of consent before you engage in sexual activity"...fine. I can see letting that go.

The problem I have is the prospect that people like Carrier and Greta are doing these kinds of talks and these weirdos who lead Camp Quest and SSA and don't seem to know the meaning of "No, Carrier. No!" So Carrier has remained involved in some way with both Camp Quest and SSA. What else are they hiding? It's a real pity, as I am sure many, many young people have a great time at the regional Camp Quest sessions and at some SSA functions.

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

free thoughtpolice wrote:In noncarrier news, did you know Becky is anti-doxxing?
[youtube]UusuQYluhEk[/youtube]

From the comments:
Wow. What kind of scumbag would dox someone just because they happen to have different opinions on things or get angry at their sense of humor?
And she re-doxes the kid in her video.

http://i.imgur.com/GcmLibO.jpg

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Skep tickle wrote:

From what I have read, it sounds like a great experience. I'd probably consider sending my kids to one if they were around our way. I don't think there can be any question of conduct issues at the camps, there is absolutely no evidence of that.

The questions remain purely with the actions of the administrators of the organisations in allowing Carrier to continue to be associated with their name and to be present at events after he had a case of sexual harassment against him accepted, resulting in his removal. It shows incredibly bad judgement, and in the case of SSA serious ethics breaches in my opinion.

Xenu

Post by Xenu »

HunnyBunny wrote:

Added to the above, given Amy's position with SSA as a chapter President, and given that she was publicly seeking funding to attend the conference, SSA must have been aware that the complainant in a sexual harassment case was coming to the very conference that the perpetrator of the sexual harassment was acting in a volunteer capacity as. They must have been aware because they warned Carrier to keep away from her.

Fucking appalling conduct by an organisation working with young people.
Important dot connecting there!

Metskas was on Aaron Ra's podcast in April 2015, talking about the virtues of Camp Quest.
"We want to let [kids] know that there is nothing wrong with being an atheist, here are awesome atheist role models, here is a safe space...."

Her chins and RCDSL (Richard Carrier Dick Suckin' Lips) were also on full display. :dance:
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/1bflA33u_I0/maxresdefault.jpg
Link to clip

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Skep tickle wrote: My kid attended one of the regional Camp Quest summer camps twice, at ages 16 & 17. The 2nd year they told the parents ahead of time there'd be discussion with the teens about consent (re sex), & IIRC you could opt your kid out. I asked my kid afterwards about the week & it sounded like they'd had some educators from Planned Parenthood come to camp for part of a day, & whatever they talked about it paled in comparison with condom water balloon tossing.

Part of why I'm in such a tizzy over this is because I believe in the value of this organization and Carrier is tanking that value. He and the people that let him run amuck are nothing less than a cancer that needs to be burned out of my beloved atheist community. What I'm saying is it's time for a new atheism :twisted:

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

jet_lagg wrote: What I'm saying is it's time for a new atheism :twisted:
Atheism: The super-mega-double-champagne-deluxe edition.

You're either with us...

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

deLurch wrote:
Bourne Skeptic wrote:Seems to me some people here smell blood in the water and are getting caught up in a feeding frenzy.
My 2 cents.
I don't think you are wrong.
I think that people are excited to see what happens when Carrier gets measured by his own average stick. We also know how these hunts tend to end. People are expecting a huge dose of schadenfreude.
So am I. :popcorn: :popcorn:

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

Bhurzum wrote:
jet_lagg wrote: What I'm saying is it's time for a new atheism :twisted:
Atheism: The super-mega-double-champagne-deluxe edition.

You're either with us...
We are...
Atheists plus we care about polyamory,
Atheists plus we closely monitor every state's age of consent,
Atheists plus we protest CHUDs,
Atheists plus we fight people who have a problem with occasional semen splatters,
Atheists plus we use Bayes theorem to prove stuff real good.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Ahahahahaha. Just could not help myself.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

So far, I remain unconvinced. We know that the story doesn't add up, or Carrier's SJW-lawyering style of argumentation is in the way, as I suggested pages earlier, but once more: it's vague as always and I'm long past the point where I trust these people that they really mean the same thing when they utter “harassment” or similar terms. It could be about anything. Further, these organisations offer different positions, and, yet another area of confusion, it's totally unclear which one he occupied, when, and what that means. For example in SJW-lawyering land, a “volunteer” could be a specific role, but a driver who helps to build up things beforehand might be a different thing — I don't know. All we know is that Carrier did something with Amy Frank, who then complained. I haven't seen what she complained about in concrete terms, whether it was actionable, whether they simply agreed in good terms that Carrier does something differently from then on, and so and and so on. This is a non-story full of usual speculations, hypothethicals that again bury anything substantive. Is even known in what capacity she was there?

And to iterate the other point I made: the atheist PR problem existed since the very beginning for me and there was no point, ever, when it was any different. I went with Discordianism after all, truthfully, still somewhat randomly even when I admittedly didn't think it would be THAT bad for atheism at first. I thought, the Rusty Porcupine Hazing and all that was limited to FTB (but also colossally bad PR, imagine how perplexed I was to learn that these were the Good Atheists, and then see how we had to denounce photoshops or whatnot, and that came from David Silverman, AA president himself).

In addition, see what kind of people make the news about the atheist movement. Amanda Marcotte, Phil Plait for Slate; Adam Lee for Guardian; Kimberly Winston for Religion News Services, which is syndicated to all sorts of mainstream news, e.g. Washington Post. They all write the SJW narrative, are all anti-Dawkins and when they cite someone for their theses, it's Usual Suspects from Greta Christina, Ophelia Benson, Amy Roth, Rebecca Watson and so forth. Greta Christina herself also wrote about the movement for Alternet when I recall correctly. Then you have NYT columnist Oppenheimer or what his name is, same story.

The best known remaining New Atheist are despised by this vocal core movement which is apparently a tight network, and that for a time would always fill the conference tracks and panels. The Secular Women names, with the gossip spider Zvan in the centre would always be there behind the scenes and you can bet that Poppy is involved somehow. The same gang, give and take, is also all around the major organisations. And even the YouTubers connected to the organisational side (Dillahunty and Ra) tend to be the SJW faction with several Patreon money trails to, dito, the same network. The reputation of Atheism is not even a decent ruin Carrier could soil.

Many outspoken scientist-atheists curiously keep a healthy distance, whether it's Steven Pinker, Neil DeGrasse Tyson or even Robert Sapolsky (who stays away the most). Even Jerry Coyne, who occasionally is a speaker and atheist author, remains a stray cat who seems to stay mostly away from The Usual Suspects. I know there's good activist work, e.g. FFRF or RDFRS, but the headlines about the movement are written by other people.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

So I went searching for evidence that Miri Mogilevsky is some sort of perv. Up to now I was under the impression is that she is just weird but after recent comments here ...

Anyway, I came across :this comment
Richard Weed Kirbmarc • 10 months ago
Regarding threats on the Pit: I can't seem to post links here but check out the veiled death on the Happy 3rd Pit Birthday thread posted on Tue Jul 07, 2015 by AndrewV69 (post # 1238).
This is apparently the "veiled death threat" I made. Right here: here

Ahahahaah!

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

So within 30 days of having banned her harrasser, SSA were throwing money at his accuser.

http://i.imgur.com/1v3WcTL.jpg

:think:

Really?

Post by Really? »

Aneris wrote:So far, I remain unconvinced. We know that the story doesn't add up, or Carrier's SJW-lawyering style of argumentation is in the way, as I suggested pages earlier, but once more: it's vague as always and I'm long past the point where I trust these people that they really mean the same thing when they utter “harassment” or similar terms. It could be about anything. Further, these organisations offer different positions, and, yet another area of confusion, it's totally unclear which one he occupied, when, and what that means. For example in SJW-lawyering land, a “volunteer” could be a specific role, but a driver who helps to build up things beforehand might be a different thing — I don't know. All we know is that Carrier did something with Amy Frank, who then complained. I haven't seen what she complained about in concrete terms, whether it was actionable, whether they simply agreed in good terms that Carrier does something differently from then on, and so and and so on. This is a non-story full of usual speculations, hypothethicals that again bury anything substantive. Is even known in what capacity she was there?

And to iterate the other point I made: the atheist PR problem existed since the very beginning for me and there was no point, ever, when it was any different. I went with Discordianism after all, truthfully, still somewhat randomly even when I admittedly didn't think it would be THAT bad for atheism at first. I thought, the Rusty Porcupine Hazing and all that was limited to FTB (but also colossally bad PR, imagine how perplexed I was to learn that these were the Good Atheists, and then see how we had to denounce photoshops or whatnot, and that came from David Silverman, AA president himself).

In addition, see what kind of people make the news about the atheist movement. Amanda Marcotte, Phil Plait for Slate; Adam Lee for Guardian; Kimberly Winston for Religion News Services, which is syndicated to all sorts of mainstream news, e.g. Washington Post. They all write the SJW narrative, are all anti-Dawkins and when they cite someone for their theses, it's Usual Suspects from Greta Christina, Ophelia Benson, Amy Roth, Rebecca Watson and so forth. Greta Christina herself also wrote about the movement for Alternet when I recall correctly. Then you have NYT columnist Oppenheimer or what his name is, same story. ...snip
This is the whole point. Carrier was and is one of the many people who "raised awareness" about sexual harassment in the atheist and skeptic communities. A decade ago, you could go to a conference and maybe have drinks with a likeminded adult who was your own age, give or take, and maybe make a stronger connection. It's been happening forever.

Now that privilege is only open to the semen-drenched crazy person wing of organized atheism. These dickheads pressed for reams of rules they had no intention of following in the first place. They and those other "journalists" have spent half a decade painting our community in the worst possible light.

And now, after five years of bitching that atheist conventions are little more than meat markets where the privileged white men choose the nubile bitches of their desires, we're supposed to open up the regular lawbook and say, "Well, Carrier's not doing anything illegal." I simply can't do that. I have not participated in the community in years because I don't want to end up in a position where I am at a communal dinner with people and I ask the closest person to "please pass the ketchup" and a week later, I'm all over social media because, as MiriMogliaGretaCarrierPZOrbit reported that I smacked a woman at the communal dinner and said, "Hey, skeezeass. Gonna smack my bitch up."

These shitheads wanted to take over the movement and all of these organizations. They succeeded. All that's left is to watch it list and sink and to wait for a brighter future.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The foundation point here is that Carrier did whatever it took to position himself for 24 year age gap student ass.

He ignored rules, post SSA ban he lurked at Quest events, he volunteered to drive at SSA events when that was his only in, he proudly boasted of student conquests. He used the old argument of "age doesn't matter, stop treating these kids as kids".

He ticks every box in a way the SJ nuts could only dream for Shermer.

Add that to Amanda ditching her husband to go on a cock bending road trip with the man as he repositioned his life around SSA headquarters .... A man her husband had to ban from speaking gigs only after a complaint. A complaint made by the Az chapter president which wasn't dealt with to her satisfaction.

A victim who then received money from SSA and a knee up a month later ......

Amanda, who in her spare time from fucking a harrasser of students, shills for kiddies to attend her camps.

Fuck me.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Brive1987 wrote:So within 30 days of having banned her harrasser, SSA were throwing money at his accuser.

http://i.imgur.com/1v3WcTL.jpg

"Special donors" indeed!

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Secular Student Alliance
16 June at 07:20 ·
The Secular Student Alliance does not tolerate sexual harassment of its members. A recent post alleging inappropriate conduct by one of our former speakers, Richard Carrier, requires us to respond. After an internal investigation, Mr. Carrier was removed from our speaker’s list last year, and no longer has an official or unofficial affiliation with the Secular Student Alliance
Okay, so. The Secular Student Alliance, one of the best run and most important atheist community organizations we have, is running a fundraiser this week. They want to reach 500 new donors by June 17th. I asked them what minimum donation would count and they said $5. And I said “phhhhllllt!” to that. For my haughty self will only count donors who give at least $35, the minimum to become a supporting member for a year. Because, hey, You Should Join the SSA (At the Very Least!). I mean, if you want to cultivate the best future for atheism, or do not want to live in a world where Campus Crusade for Christ outspends us tenfold on winning over college students. So I’ll ask the SSA after the 17th if they got at least 500 donations of at least $35. And if they do, this is what I’ll do…

if you’ll be attending a conference I’ll also be at, and you bring the game you want to play, etc.
Mr. Carrier was removed from our speaker’s list last year, and no longer has an official or unofficial affiliation with the Secular Student Alliance

https://web.archive.org/web/20160618012 ... hives/7671

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Well there was the case of the Liberal MP last year.
Oh Jeeze. A MP? You know it does not help that it is a "Liberal MP". If I do a search on "sex liberal MP" I get
About 784,000 results (0.72 seconds)

"sex liberal MP UK"
About 596,000 results (0.42 seconds)
How about some more keywords to narrow things down a little? Or better still a link thingy?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I'm watching my 15 yo daughter play basketball with 15 and 16 year olds. They are squealing kids.

It creeps me out that a guys not much younger than myself could be checking his watch for consent to tick over.

Really?

Post by Really? »

HunnyBunny wrote:
Secular Student Alliance
16 June at 07:20 ·
The Secular Student Alliance does not tolerate sexual harassment of its members. A recent post alleging inappropriate conduct by one of our former speakers, Richard Carrier, requires us to respond. After an internal investigation, Mr. Carrier was removed from our speaker’s list last year, and no longer has an official or unofficial affiliation with the Secular Student Alliance
Okay, so. The Secular Student Alliance, one of the best run and most important atheist community organizations we have, is running a fundraiser this week. They want to reach 500 new donors by June 17th. I asked them what minimum donation would count and they said $5. And I said “phhhhllllt!” to that. For my haughty self will only count donors who give at least $35, the minimum to become a supporting member for a year. Because, hey, You Should Join the SSA (At the Very Least!). I mean, if you want to cultivate the best future for atheism, or do not want to live in a world where Campus Crusade for Christ outspends us tenfold on winning over college students. So I’ll ask the SSA after the 17th if they got at least 500 donations of at least $35. And if they do, this is what I’ll do…

if you’ll be attending a conference I’ll also be at, and you bring the game you want to play, etc.
Mr. Carrier was removed from our speaker’s list last year, and no longer has an official or unofficial affiliation with the Secular Student Alliance

https://web.archive.org/web/20160618012 ... hives/7671
Why the fuck would they take his call mere weeks after "negotiating" his apology to the woman he sexually harassed?

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Brive1987 wrote:I'm watching my 15 yo daughter play basketball with 15 and 16 year olds. They are squealing kids.

It creeps me out that a guys not much younger than myself could be checking his watch for consent to tick over.
[youtube]hJZqPCvKRgo[/youtube]

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Carrier's SSA pledge was made June 10 2015 - he had been removed as speaker no later that May 21 2015.

I read this as contrition to ensure he remained a valued (non speaking) member of the SSA family. An investment for future happiness you might say.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Brive1987 wrote:I'm watching my 15 yo daughter play basketball with 15 and 16 year olds. They are squealing kids.

"If there's grass on the wicket, it's time to play cricket."
--every male SJW atheist, apparently.