Post by free thoughtpolice »

A woman called Christy Sheats guns down her 2 daughters:
https://archive.is/1wLVy

In the comments, Caine inadvertently gives a motive:
Caine
26 June 2016 at 12:01 pm
Larry:

mentally disturbed

Oh FFS, and in the first comment. Please, do everyone a favour and shut up until you inspect your anatomy, locate your brain, and engage it. If being pissed off is a mental illness, we have a big fucking problem.
Jesus wept. This is awful. There was an argument, a pretty ferocious one by the sound of it, and where tempers flare, and guns are handy, this happens.
That's it! Toxic femininity!! :burn:

Eskarina

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by Eskarina »

dogen wrote:
feathers wrote:
dogen wrote:I don't want to make any promises -- if I ever complete something, I'd be delighted to share copies; but I'm so fucking disillusioned with my job right now that it will be a miracle if any book ever gets written.
Let me guess, you're disillusioned because it dawned on you that them stars are far away. I mean really, really far away. A mindnumbingly bloody outrageously frustrating nerve-wrecking long way away.

I completely understand. I once wanted to land on one too.
In fact, for me that's one of the coolest aspects of astrophysics. Consider:
Of all objects, the planets are those which appear to us under the least varied aspect. We see how we may determine their forms, their distances, their bulk, and their motions, but we can never known anything of their chemical or mineralogical structure; and, much less, that of organized beings living on their surface ...

Auguste Comte, The Positive Philosophy, Book II, Chapter 1 (1842)
How wrong he was! Not only can we infer the (surface) compositions of stars from their spectra, we can now look inside them using asteroseismology. Some of my mates just published a pair of papers (one observational, one theoretical) where they apply asteroseismology to measure magnetic fields in the cores of red giant stars. Holy shit!

No sign of organized beings yet, however...
Way back, when I was young, sometime before the wheel was invented, I actually pondered studying astrophysics. I was under the influence of that dangerous seducer Carl Sagan of course. Alas, my maths skills weren't good enough. But what fascinated me most, then and now, were stars, nebulae, galaxies and quasars. Clusters of them. The further away and the more inscrutable, the better.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Are you people saying stars aren't holes in the black mantle of the sky, through which rains fall down on the Earth?

What next, giant balls of gas? It's always about gas with you.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
dogen wrote:
Eskarina wrote:
Stick that up your "respected academic press", Dr Sticky Dicky!
Congratulations. That is great news. I hope there is a way to acquire a signed book.
I don't want to make any promises -- if I ever complete something, I'd be delighted to share copies; but I'm so fucking disillusioned with my job right now that it will be a miracle if any book ever gets written. Still, this might give me sufficient impetus to get off my flabby arse and claw my way back to productivity.
If you get stuck you can always catalogue all the posts you've made here and publish that. :rimshot:[/quote]
Here's a suggestion for getting started.

Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space.

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Are you people saying stars aren't holes in the black mantle of the sky, through which rains fall down on the Earth?

Gas is one of our areas of expertise.

What? Too soon?

I'll get my coat and show myself out.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Are you people saying stars aren't holes in the black mantle of the sky....
Mantle? What the fuck is a mantle? The holes through-which we see "stars" are in the Great Colander upon with The FSM drained (pbuh) after the Bubbling Bath of Eleven to Thirteen Minutes (Depending on Taste).

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Eskarina wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Are you people saying stars aren't holes in the black mantle of the sky, through which rains fall down on the Earth?

What? Too soon?

I'll get my coat and shower myself out.
FTFY

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Eskarina wrote:

What? Too soon?

I'll get my coat and shower myself out.
FTFY
No excuse, I should have thought of that myself. :lol:

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:(Plus there was a question: a picture of two women wearing hijabs crossing the street with their kids. Four options: 1) sound the horn, 2) slow down, 3) stop, 4) accelerate. Honestly, it took me a while to answer that one...)
Bring them to Saudi Arabia and let them drive.

Enjoy the backlash from the Saudi authorities while other Muslims are quick to point out that Mohammed said nothing about women driving cars, so Islam isn't to blame. :lol:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Dave

Post by Dave »

dogen wrote:
Dave wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: (Plus there was a question: a picture of two women wearing hijabs crossing the street with their kids. Four options: 1) sound the horn, 2) slow down, 3) stop, 4) accelerate. Honestly, it took me a while to answer that one...)
I think I know the answer!!

http://technabob.com/blog/wp-content/up ... n-bike.jpg
So how quickly would that bike stop going forward, and start going backward, if those gatlings were fired? Or would the bike flip?
Dunno. The real question is would it last longer than a Sherman?

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Can anyone explain on the quick, when the Brexit needs to be done? How is it enforced that the vote will be carried out, and not e.g. postponed forever?

Dave

Post by Dave »

Aneris wrote:Can anyone explain on the quick, when the Brexit needs to be done? How is it enforced that the vote will be carried out, and not e.g. postponed forever?
Not an expert, but what I understand is technically the vote was non-binding, so nothing actually has to happen in any timeframe. Having said that, ignoring it is likely political suicide, barring a significant change in the political winds. At somepoint, Parliament needs to pass legislation enacting Article 50 of the EU treaty which will begin the process. I dont believe there is any hard timeframe for that to happen.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Aneris wrote:Can anyone explain on the quick, when the Brexit needs to be done? How is it enforced that the vote will be carried out, and not e.g. postponed forever?
Good question.While I certainly don't know all of the details, this article on a sensible response from Merkel might clarify things a bit:
Angela Merkel hands Britain a Brexit olive branch urging EU to 'not fight' with UK

GERMAN Chancellor Angela Merkel offered an olive branch to Britain last night, saying Brexit negotiations must not be rushed and should take place in a “businesslike, good climate”.

Despite suggestions that other EU countries could try to “punish” the UK for daring to leave, Merkel insisted it would benefit no one and there was no need “to be nasty”. The UK was facing pressure to begin formal exit talks.

Senior European figures, including Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker, urged it to “get started” with invoking Article 50 of the Lisbon treaty, the legal mechanism by which the terms of divorce with the EU can be worked out.

Mr Juncker said Britain’s departure was “not an amicable divorce” and talks should begin “immediately” on wrapping up what was never “a tight love affair”.

Britain has indicated it would not begin to pull the trigger on Article 50, which would begin the countdown to a two-year process, until October when David Cameron’s replacement as prime minister is firmly in office. ....
Much more sensible than Juncker who seems to be acting like a jilted lover; I've seen an article or two suggesting that he needs to step down as his rather imperialist ambitions have been touted as a proximate cause of Brexit in the first place.

Malky

Post by Malky »

Until an application under Article o clock running and no way the EU can start it. However once the application is made it ahs to be complete by the end of 2 years. So in theory could take ages.

Malky

Post by Malky »

Don't know what happened there - application to exit to start the clock running.there is no way...

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Speaking of demonstrations and parades, Milo wants to organize a gay pride march in a muslim neighborhood in Sweden:
http://www.breitbart.com/milo/2016/06/2 ... to-sweden/

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
deLurch wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I did the exam, won't get the results before Wednesday at least. Boy, they sure know how to make candidates stew.
We get our results immediately here in the US.

This is what you get for sticking with the EU. /jk
Used to be like this here as well, but too many examiners got attacked by angry candidates when learning their failure.
You lot with your exam privalage. I had to wait 6 weeks for professional exam results. If I failed one paper then I automatically failed the lot.

I should have gone into Women's studies so I could be a self righteous prick. Much easier.

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
Service Dog wrote:"Richard Carrier looks like the fuckin' flying spaghetti monster."
Not many people expected the second, third, fourth, fifth, etc, coming of the FSM to be some undergrad's face. I'll admit that it caught me off-guard.
If, in the course of events...

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Tigzy wrote:
dogen wrote:So I've just been invited by Princeton University Press to write a book for their "Princeton Series in Astrophysics" line.

Hmmm. Princeton University Press. Well, it's an Ivy League institution. But does the press have much in the way of cachet? Let's check Wiki:
Six books from the Princeton University Press have won Pulitzer Prizes.
Dicky, if you're lurking: don't go and look for yourself. Just pretend I'm lying. Pretend I'm trolling you. It'll help.

Oh, and Dicky totally does look like the FSM. :lol:
Thank you for using and spelling "cachet" correctly.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Trouble in River City. Even if it may be little more than insisting that the sky is falling:

Ericb

Post by Ericb »

Dave wrote:
Not an expert, but what I understand is technically the vote was non-binding, so nothing actually has to happen in any timeframe. Having said that, ignoring it is likely political suicide, barring a significant change in the political winds. At somepoint, Parliament needs to pass legislation enacting Article 50 of the EU treaty which will begin the process. I dont believe there is any hard timeframe for that to happen.
And Cameron has said that the next PM should be the one to enact it and since he's said he won't step down until October it might take quite a while.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

The government is required to submit to the referendum although there does not appear to be a timescale. Ultimately, if the government refused the Queen would do it. It is unthinkable that it would get to that. The uncertainty alone would damage the economy and it could only be done with malicious intent which would be seen through quickly.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Speaking of demonstrations and parades, Milo wants to organize a gay pride march in a muslim neighborhood in Sweden:
http://www.breitbart.com/milo/2016/06/2 ... to-sweden/
From the sounds of it, the group did one a prior year and the cops chastised the gay rights group for antagonizing the Muslims by having a gay pride parade in their Muslim neighborhood. So Milo was probably asked to join in.

A bit harder for the Swedish cops to be choads to the gays with a national spotlight on them. This one has me concerned for Milo's safety.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Bound to happen, same as the sterling crash. It was hardly a secret. One consistant message from both sides was that the country will suffer in the short term (at least) Uncertainty increases risk, hardly a complex concept. One thing I find amusing from the stay camp is their crowing about sterling crashing as if it was not predicted.

These psuedo intullectuals are too stupid to realise their 'inferiors' are often smarter than they are and can smell bullshit from a 100 miles away. It is the reason why SJW's fail time and again. Myer's is under the delusion he will be taken seriously. Most of them, with few notable exceptions, think the same. It is one of the core reasons FTB has failed and it will be a core reason why Trump has a good chance to get in.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Steersman wrote:
Good question.While I certainly don't know all of the details, this article on a sensible response from Merkel might clarify things a bit:
Angela Merkel hands Britain a Brexit olive branch urging EU to 'not fight' with UK

GERMAN Chancellor Angela Merkel offered an olive branch to Britain last night, saying Brexit negotiations must not be rushed and should take place in a “businesslike, good climate”.

Despite suggestions that other EU countries could try to “punish” the UK for daring to leave, Merkel insisted it would benefit no one and there was no need “to be nasty”. The UK was facing pressure to begin formal exit talks.

Senior European figures, including Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker, urged it to “get started” with invoking Article 50 of the Lisbon treaty, the legal mechanism by which the terms of divorce with the EU can be worked out.

Mr Juncker said Britain’s departure was “not an amicable divorce” and talks should begin “immediately” on wrapping up what was never “a tight love affair”.

Britain has indicated it would not begin to pull the trigger on Article 50, which would begin the countdown to a two-year process, until October when David Cameron’s replacement as prime minister is firmly in office. ....
Much more sensible than Juncker who seems to be acting like a jilted lover; I've seen an article or two suggesting that he needs to step down as his rather imperialist ambitions have been touted as a proximate cause of Brexit in the first place.
Juckers certainly added a few percent to the out vote. He is an open federalist, the one thing we were promised years ago would never happen. The UK got in on the promise it was a simple open borders trade arrangment, it used to be called the European Economic Commity, the EEC, not the EC. Other leaders have been a bit smarter about it. The EU is corrupt, undemocratic and wants to be a union of country states. It would effectively have been a dictatorship. That is the main reason for the Brexit votes. The older generation recognise this but the younger generation seems to think democracy is a bad thing unless it agrees with what they personally want.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

feathers wrote:
dogen wrote:So I've just been invited by Princeton University Press to write a book for their "Princeton Series in Astrophysics" line.
You're a star! When it's out, I'll get to see it in our database no doubt (between the other 260M records).
You missed a chance to say "stick that up your star". Choices choices.
Carrier could write about the Milky Way.

OK, no moans please. Just smile and back off slowly.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

JackSkeptic wrote:
feathers wrote: <snip>

You missed a chance to say "stick that up your star". Choices choices.
Carrier could write about the Milky Way.

OK, no moans please. Just smile and back off slowly.
:)

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Eskarina wrote: I might have sounded flippant, but the American gun culture is so alien to me, that I do have the impression in the US cops shoot at you, if you sneeze.
FYI, there are about 400 officer-involved fatal shootings per year. In a nation of 300 million. Nuf 'ced.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Eskarina wrote: I might have sounded flippant, but the American gun culture is so alien to me, that I do have the impression in the US cops shoot at you, if you sneeze.
FYI, there are about 400 officer-involved fatal shootings per year. In a nation of 300 million. Nuf 'ced.
Underachievers.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Underachievers.
That means one in four female college students will be shot by cops.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

JackSkeptic wrote:That means one in four female college students will be shot by cops.
Whoah! Steady on, old chap. Two zingers in one sitting?

Snapfingers

Post by Snapfingers »

Denmark beats England 2 - 1
(Or Dansih commonwellth)

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Steersman wrote:And in other news, and of maybe some interest to at least a few, Quillette has an interesting post on the question of race. A salient quote or two:

<snip>
Most people believe that there are human races. They believe this not because they have a sophisticated understanding of genetic variation or human evolution, but because they see and categorize perspicuous phenotypic (and possibly behavioral) differences. Although many intellectuals have contended that these differences are largely superficial and distort underlying genetic realities, most research suggests that there are meaningful genetic differences among racial groups and that these differences are largely consistent with common racial classifications. .... Tolerance and cosmopolitanism don’t require the leveling of diversity; they require the celebration of it. Race exists, but racism does not have to.
Of maybe some particular interest as it may provide some clarification, the comments and arguments about clustering, multiple loci, and patterns getting lost in the noise was something that I've attempted to illustrate several times, particularly in Post #29385.
To say that races as complicated clusters of common genetic traits (which cause common phenotypic and possibly behavioral differences) is by and large correct and common knowldge (although it's not PC in some circles when talking about human beings). Human racial divisions, while much more complicated that what can be inferred from simply phenotypic analysis, do exist.
Generally a good analysis and one I largely agree with - though there might be some correlation there. :-) However ("incoming qualifications!"), I think it somewhat moot just how common that knowledge might be - even here. In addition, I think "simple phenotypic analysis" kind of misses the point somewhat: there are literally zillions of "races" that can be noted - some of which are manifestly obvious and many more of which would require analysis of geneotypes to elucidate.
Kirbmarc wrote:Interracial breeding is always possible, though, since different races aren't different species: however aren't monoliths. In places like the US, interracial reproduction is and has been more frequent than most assume:
Wikipedia wrote:58 percent of African Americans have at least 12.5% European ancestry (equivalent of one great-grandparent);
19.6 percent of African Americans have at least 25% European ancestry (equivalent of one grandparent);
1 percent of African Americans have at least 50% European ancestry (equivalent of one parent) (Gates is one of these, he discovered, having a total of 51% European ancestry among various distant ancestors); and
5 percent of African Americans have at least 12.5% Native American ancestry (equivalent to one great-grandparent
Somewhat apropos of which, I was somewhat amused to see that Ben Affleck wasn't "amused" that some of his ancestors were slave owners:
PBS Suspends Finding Your Roots After Ben Affleck's "Improper Influence" of Suppressing Slave-Owning Family History
Wonder what he would do if it turned out he had some black ancestory to boot.
Kirbmarc wrote:What is dangerous about racism is assuming that physical and behavioral differences imply some kind of metaphysical superiority or inferiority (thus justifying differential legal and social treatment) and that those differences must be strictly enforced by prohibiting interracial breeding.
Yea. Sort of. But while it is maybe a questionable inference on my part, I kind of get the impression that you're somewhat reluctant to consider that that there might well be some degree of "superiority or inferiority" for different races - at least statistically speaking, i.e., on average. Somewhat analogous to the manifest fact that men are, statistically speaking - on average, taller than women but which hardly obviates the fact that many women are still taller than many men. Likewise, in all probability, with many attributes of races. For instance, it is a fact that Jews comprise some 0.2% of the world's population yet have garnered some 20% of the Nobel prizes. So, statistically speaking, one could say that Jews are smarter that Gentiles but that does not preclude or obviate the fact that many Gentiles are smarter that many Jews. Lies, damned lies, and statistics ....
Kirbmarc wrote:TL;DR: We're all bigots and have double standards, but in order to survive in a big society we need to tone it down and not promote a different kind of inter-group hatred. Also we must train ourselves to recognize propaganda and accept compromises, but not to promote authoritarism.
Generally agree with you about in-group morality and out-group hostility. Although, as you kind of suggested, making common cause isn't intrinsically flawed: E pluribus unum and all that.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
The UK fatal shootings are low enough the wikipedia page can bother to list them by name. 3 in 2015 in a nation of 60 million. Of course, for the same time period 1 cop was killed in the UK versus something like 60 in the U.S.

I guess we just enjoy murder a lot more than you do.

[youtube]DngOL6LokN4[/youtube]

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

The young people who votes to remain and are now complaining about how the older Brits mortgaged their future are displaying the blinered arrogance of youth because they aren't willing to consider that many among older generations voted in a way that put the future of the UK and thenyoung ahead of their own. After all, the Brexit may open up more jobs for the young (assuming British industry doesn't collapse) by limiting those who can work in the UK.

Furthermore, the British population is post baby-boom is aging rapidly, so it would actually be in the interest of the older generation to keep the UK filled with cheap Central European labor so that nursing homes remain well-staffed and affordable. After all, I doubt many people over 40 are expecting the feckless Millennials to be willing or able to look after them in their dotage...

Matt Cavanaugh

polyamory is a many-splendid thing, little one

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

d4m10n wrote:I'm all for giving Carrier flak for dating students, Mr. Lagg. Much of the mockery is surely warranted. Implying that he's going for high school students is the sort of hyperbole I'd expect from FtB or perhaps Skepchick.

The 9-15 y.o. age range happens to be how old the campers are at Camp Quest. If you haven't seen the hysterics about that hypothetical possibility upthread, I can provide Lynx.
Camp Quest [b]West[/b] wrote:Our summer sessions are week long outdoor residential camps for campers ages 8-17.

All camp staff must be 18 years of age or older.
http://www.campquestwest.org

So l'Eminence Skeev spent years hanging around nubile yet legal camp counselors -- at the ready, surely, to provide advice to them on opening up their relationship with their boyfriend back home.

Note the Damion Shuffle trying to sneak in 15 for 18. Classic.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

jet_lagg wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
The UK fatal shootings are low enough the wikipedia page can bother to list them by name. 3 in 2015 in a nation of 60 million. Of course, for the same time period 1 cop was killed in the UK versus something like 60 in the U.S.

I guess we just enjoy murder a lot more than you do.

[youtube]DngOL6LokN4[/youtube]
The Americans do everything better except for tea, sarcasm, and nuance.

Cnutella

Re: polyamory is a many-splendid thing, little one

Post by Cnutella »

d4m10n wrote:I'm all for giving Carrier flak for dating students, Mr. Lagg. Much of the mockery is surely warranted. Implying that he's going for high school students is the sort of hyperbole I'd expect from FtB or perhaps Skepchick.

The 9-15 y.o. age range happens to be how old the campers are at Camp Quest. If you haven't seen the hysterics about that hypothetical possibility upthread, I can provide Lynx.
Although it might not surprise me if evidence was later produced to show that Carrier creeped on someone 18 or younger, I haven't seen anyone post it yet. And he did state that legal boundaries were a no-no for him, so I'm not jumping to any conclusions.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:This is new.
Investigation Announcement
Share/Save
On June 15, 2016, we announced that we were launching a Board-led investigation into our handling of a complaint against Dr. Carrier. Since that announcement, an outside consultant was brought on board to lead the investigation.

The consultant was given complete autonomy in their investigation and has been actively interviewing people. Our Board has been receiving frequent updates and is in regular contact with the consultant. Based on the current findings to date, the consultant has recommended the investigation be expanded beyond its original scope and the Board has agreed.

Again, The Secular Student Alliance does not tolerate harassment of its members. Any harassment conducted by speakers who are affiliated with SSA can be reported using this form: https://secularstudents.org/speakers/report.

The expectations of our speakers can be found here: https://secularstudents.org/speakers/policies

The outcome of this investigation will result in new policies and processes to better protect our students. At the conclusion of our investigation we will release what we can about our findings.

In the meantime, we want to make clear that speakers who are removed for cause from our Speakers Bureau will not be invited to SSA Con 2016, or to any future SSA Con. We are also currently working on a policy for informing students of Speakers Bureau member removals.

We have added an email address to report any harassment/code of conduct issues that either occurred in the past or are currently existing: investigation@secularstudents.org. These issues will go directly to our consultant and will be handled in the strictest confidence.

View the Facebook version of this announcement.
https://secularstudents.org/investigation
tl;dr: We fucked up bad. Please don't hurt us. Signed, a cum-gobbling cuck.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Snapfingers wrote:Denmark beats England 2 - 1
(Or Dansih commonwellth)
Almost. Iceland beats England 2-1, Brexit in the Round of Sixteen.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

This totally happened. I know it's true because the first sentence has "I am actually shaking with rage" in it.

http://i.imgur.com/HYtd30U.jpg

#thishappened

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Spike13 wrote:Every time I see someone referring to "southern" I keep thinking it's about the poster here from Brazil.

I haven't seen him/her post for a while.
I miss Southern. :(

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

Aneris wrote:
(Or Dansih commonwellth)
Not quite yet...

http://i.imgur.com/o3oiVPm.jpg

jet_lagg

Re: polyamory is a many-splendid thing, little one

Post by jet_lagg »

Cnutella wrote:

Although it might not surprise me if evidence was later produced to show that Carrier creeped on someone 18 or younger, I haven't seen anyone post it yet. And he did state that legal boundaries were a no-no for him, so I'm not jumping to any conclusions.
The age of consent is 16 in many states where Camp Quest operates, but there are no accusations of sexual harassment among the campers. That said, I think most parents would err on the side of caution and demand he not be allowed anywhere near the older teens if they had the first idea about the things he's said and done.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Steersman wrote:
Trouble in River City. Even if it may be little more than insisting that the sky is falling:
Cuts both ways, and the edge is sharper on your side. What now happens is that Brexit voters try to rationalize what happened, so of course whatever outcome is someone else's fault, and economic suffering was as predicted (but then please propose some way beforehand to stick to). I'm not buying it. Bremain was scolded for fear mongering and their warnings. Now that the effect can be felt, it's also their fault? It really is mind-bogglingly stupid. This is text-book immunization strategy, by making whatever happens unfalsifiable. And the £350 million per week for the NHS. From Conservatives? :laughing-rollingyellow:

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Underachievers.
After watching the footy, I can certainly think of some worse underachievers. Or should that be better? I dunno. But you know what I mean.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

jimmyfromchicago wrote:
Billie from Ockham wrote:
jimmyfromchicago wrote:That probably came off snarkier than I intended.
I could care less about snark. My point was that someone else asked about Germany and I answered, but you saw fit to bitch to me about Germany being off-topic. Pay attention, Damion.
I'm not sure where in my comment I was "bitching." I was mildly amused at most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't worry about Billie. He is the Pit's Socrates. The hemlock is on order.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Cnutella wrote:The young people who votes to remain and are now complaining about how the older Brits mortgaged their future are displaying the blinered arrogance of youth because they aren't willing to consider that many among older generations voted in a way that put the future of the UK and thenyoung ahead of their own. After all, the Brexit may open up more jobs for the young (assuming British industry doesn't collapse) by limiting those who can work in the UK.

Furthermore, the British population is post baby-boom is aging rapidly, so it would actually be in the interest of the older generation to keep the UK filled with cheap Central European labor so that nursing homes remain well-staffed and affordable. After all, I doubt many people over 40 are expecting the feckless Millennials to be willing or able to look after them in their dotage...
Turns out those young people so bitterly complaining that they was robbed by the oldies...well, looks like only 36% of them turned out to vote. As opposed to around 60-70% of those who whipped out the zimmer frames or got the artifical hip in gear to go out and cast the old ballot.

So really, I think it's about time these snivelling little shits shut the fuck up.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

First Abbie, now Dogen. Damn, there are some fine academics here at the Pit. I'll be interested to read of PZ's next academic success.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Gumby wrote:This totally happened. I know it's true because the first sentence has "I am actually shaking with rage" in it.

#thishappened
The fuck is Michael Jackson doing in that photograph?

Billie from Ockham

Gumby wrote:This totally happened. I know it's true because the first sentence has "I am actually shaking with rage" in it.

#thishappened
Has to be a joke. Why would someone who wanted to be believed attach a selfie of Michael Jackson?

Billie from Ockham

Two fucking minutes. You couldn't wait two fucking minutes.

JayTeeAitch

Post by JayTeeAitch »

Aneris wrote:
(Or Dansih commonwellth)
Still got Wales in there :dance:

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

In your book please discuss the phenomenon known as "Cunt Nebulae".

http://66.media.tumblr.com/f328d05ef441 ... o1_500.jpg

http://img2.ph.126.net/fbiOwnC4zKKhAceo ... 533753.jpg

http://img07.deviantart.net/3b2d/i/2012 ... 4pfdns.jpg

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Billie from Ockham wrote:Two fucking minutes. You couldn't wait two fucking minutes.
I really think you get ninja'd more than anyone else on the pit. You should be ashamed.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

deLurch wrote:Trump appears to not be doing so hot in the polls right now.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls ... -5952.html

The Muslim incident doesn't appear to have helped him all that much.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls ... -5491.html

I would say that this mostly has come from Trump not even bothering to campaign much recently. He isn't making the news.
Shit posting is fine when you are taking over the GOP. Though you have to at least act presidential if you want to occupy the Whitehouse even against crooked Hillary.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Aneris wrote:
Steersman wrote:
[.tweet][/tweet]
Cuts both ways, and the edge is sharper on your side. What now happens is that Brexit voters try to rationalize what happened, so of course whatever outcome is someone else's fault, and economic suffering was as predicted (but then please propose some way beforehand to stick to). I'm not buying it. Bremain was scolded for fear mongering and their warnings. Now that the effect can be felt, it's also their fault? It really is mind-bogglingly stupid. This is text-book immunization strategy, by making whatever happens unfalsifiable. And the £350 million per week for the NHS. From Conservatives? :laughing-rollingyellow:
I'm certainly not disputing that exiting could be "problematic". Nor that there has been some rather ugly racism, bending of the truth, and political opportunism on the Brexit side. But the question is one of principles, and of whether the cure is going to be worse than the disease. I kind of get the impression that far too many on the Bremain side are just looking at the short-term accounting, and aren't very willing to address the long term consequences of sticking with the EU and the rather problematic policies that seemed to have been in the queue. Though it seems that more than a few in high places are able to read the writing on the wall, and are, hopefully, willing to make some changes rather than throwing the baby out with the bathwater:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Billie from Ockham wrote:Two fucking minutes. You couldn't wait two fucking minutes.
Fuck you! I delayed my early afternoon wank to make that post.

Now where's my sock???

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

#thishappened
I know a guy who also likes to tell factually true stories. He'd love to meet someone like her and rape her face date her. We should get them together.

http://imgur.com/09wuW4O.jpg

http://freethoughtblogs.com/carrier/archives/8455