The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
jet_lagg

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by jet_lagg »

And while we're talking about personal suspicions, yeah I don't think it was a glitch or a hacker that updated Carrier's profile to reflect he was working at Camp Quest at the same exact time he was on a road trip with the executive director of Camp Quest (who he is fucking) on their way to the headquarters state of Camp Quest.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Also, Carrier appears on the friends and volunteers list for 2014. Anyone who mentioned this on FB was met with boilerplate language about donations, but Carrier does not appear on the financial donor list for 2014. Carrier referenced this on twitter saying he was on the list for "giving advice".

My takeaway? Camp Quest can not be trusted at all when it comes to disclosing the real nature of their relationship with Carrier.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

I think this is my first combo.

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

sweet combo jet lagg

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

So Ladenesque...

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

German StrutBoatsman wrote: <chop>
We Germans are aware. It doesn't help to spread false reports, though. And not to lose perspectice on how big the problem really is - with regards to numbers, not the pain of the actual victims. Again, see gun violence reporting and draw the connection.
So basically, the links mainly focus on one incident, out of date "info" in the links and a bit misleading, especially for someone who does not speak German.

Thanks for the analysis and context. Appreciated.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

deLurch wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:I'm putting a Carrier page together at my wix site. When I'm not flying to Adelaide or drowning with the avalanche of 'opportunity' at the new job.

Quick question (and yes I'm trying to make sense of the Damion / Camp Quest thing)

We have Carrier specifying legal age as his floor.
We know in some states that equals 16.
So that means in general, and failing new info, he could be pinged for theoretical sub 17 'child' poon.

Now specifically we have him involved with Camp Quest West where the floor specifies 18 years.
Camp Quest West has younger than 18 year old campers but this is sub-floor.

Can we place Carrier at a Camp Quest in a 16yo legal age state? That would be useful information.
No. He was involved with Camp Quest West in California in 2007 & 2009. No other states.

The reason it comes up is because he moved to Columbus where Camp Quest is based, is heavily involved with the head of Camp Quest, and on his facebook account it was posted that he works at Camp Quest while he was on a week long road trip with Mrs. Camp Quest.

This instigated the freak out by Amy Frank. This resulted in Carrier denying he posted that on facebook and claiming he has no idea how it got there. (And if it wasn't him, that would leave Mrs. Camp Quest as the person with ample access to his phone or laptop during the trip.)

And Camp Quest's facebook account rejects claims that Carrier has been involved with Camp Quest since 2009.
I am very aware of the cucking angle. I have my suspicions about FB per my own anecdote - surely someone can ID the original entry and describe the mechanisms behind it?

So the real question shifts from Camp West to did Carrier engage with any Camp Quest activities in Ohio - given that states AoC is 16? Or is the best we can say is "he might (per FB and his poly contacts) have been positioning himself and that got cock-blocked by Amy".

A second angle, slightly peripheral to Carrier, is whether CQ has a Masonic poly cabal running the place.

Parody Accountant

Lsuoma wrote:
So Ladenesque...
Perhaps. But I see this too.

http://lamby.uwcs.co.uk/disaster/girl.png

some guy

Post by some guy »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Does anyone know how to date this page?

https://campquestwest.secure.force.com/ ... 000003dOni
Copyright notice at the bottom says 2014

Parody Accountant

Brive1987 wrote:

A second angle, slightly peripheral to Carrier, is whether CQ has a Masonic poly cabal running the place.
Brive, I can tell you that at the various A/S conferences, a lot of the cool kids get invited to certain people's hotel rooms. Usually the point is to drink cheaper and smoke weed. But I'm certain that the whispernet has dirt on sexy times.

So local staff intermixes intimately with national staff. CQ is a bit different, but it is my understanding that they sometimes provided stuff during A/S conferences.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Brive1987 wrote:
I am very aware of the cucking angle. I have my suspicions about FB per my own anecdote - surely someone can ID the original entry and describe the mechanisms behind it?

So the real question shifts from Camp West to did Carrier engage with any Camp Quest activities in Ohio - given that states AoC is 16? Or is the best we can say is "he might (per FB and his poly contacts) have been positioning himself and that got cock-blocked by Amy".

I found some exclusive footage of a Camp Quest/SSA joint board meeting.

[youtube]LgvYfMsKJhE[/youtube]

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Parody Accountant wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

Brive, I can tell you that at the various A/S conferences, a lot of the cool kids get invited to certain people's hotel rooms. Usually the point is to drink cheaper and smoke weed. But I'm certain that the whispernet has dirt on sexy times.
You didn't even need the whispernet, back in the day.
:mrgreen:

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

Bhurzum wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:I am failing to see how anything less than scat or necrophilia could cause that lot to be embarrassed.
Oh, I'm not so sure...

[youtube]V7WIDgLw9-c[/youtube]
Dennis Leary's version on Sirens:

[youtube]GcnZau9O5Yg[/youtube]

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

Shatterface wrote:Ted Bundy and Al Bundy?
and McGeorge Bundy and James Bundy (his son)?

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

jet_lagg wrote:
gurugeorge wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: In 25 words or less, summarize Dr. Richard Carrier, PhD.'s scholarly research into, and findings on, the historicity of Jesus.
The preponderance of evidence suggests that Jesus may originally have been a syncretic mythical figure who was historicized in the early 1st century AD.
I would add that Carrier emphasizes the people of that time would have had a very different understanding of reality, in which celestial planes existed and functioned much like our plane. The story then goes the original Christians believed Jesus was a purely celestial being, running about and getting crucified, what-have-you, on the celestial plane, but this understanding was lost within the next century.
Yeah. I got into mythicism a while before Carrier, way back with G.A. Wells' books. As someone with only an amateur interest in the subject, I can't be confident enough to proclaim the idea and back it up, but just for myself I'm pretty convinced it's true. The key is Paul, he just doesn't sit right on the historicist hypothesis, because the Jesus he's talking about looks nothing like the Jesus of the gospels, doesn't seem like a historical person at all, so in order to square that with the Jesus of the gospels, you have to make up special pleading to suppose this or that reason why Paul might have chosen not to mention any of the gospel/historical stuff.

Well, sure, if there were independent evidence of the historical Jesus then that approach would make sense - there would then have to be a reason for Paul's silence, and it would be legitimate to speculate.

But without such independent evidence, it just seems to make sense to me take Paul at face value, as talking about a celestial, mystical being, an entity he saw and conversed with (who gave him teachings) in visions, etc. Much of the stuff you see in religions comes from what's called nowadays "astral travel", but in the past was one of the main sources of the things that look so whacky in religion - basically it's a kind of self-induced lucid dreaming while awake, or like OOBEs, different from daydreaming or speculation or whatever, a distinct, liminal state of consciousness, with a clear sense of moving through very vivid imaginary worlds, and conversing with entities that seem to talk back to you and give you information, that some people just have a knack for and most of us don't. You can get the same thing with hallucinogenics, but actually you don't need hallucinogenics to activate it - it's probably got something to do with the brain's self/world modelling capability running wild and being detached from reality testing.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

BoxNDox wrote:Dennis Leary's version on Sirens:

[youtube]GcnZau9O5Yg[youtube]
:o

The shot of them driving back from the call-out was priceless!

Parody Accountant

Dennis Leary is like Avicenna

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Bourne Skeptic wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Does anyone know how to date this page?

https://campquestwest.secure.force.com/ ... 000003dOni
Buy it flowers and bring it to a nice restaurant. :rimshot:
Promise her a pearl necklace. :drool:

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

BoxNDox wrote:
Shatterface wrote:Ted Bundy and Al Bundy?
and McGeorge Bundy and James Bundy (his son)?
Bud Bundy

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

BoxNDox wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:I am failing to see how anything less than scat or necrophilia could cause that lot to be embarrassed.
Oh, I'm not so sure...

[.youtube]V7WIDgLw9-c[/youtube]
Dennis Leary's version on Sirens:

[youtube]GcnZau9O5Yg[/youtube]
Due to comments downstream, I came back and watched the above.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

In other news:

I am at p.613 of The American Slave Coast: A History of the Slave-Breeding Industry amd what do I see? The source of the avatar that Welch uses.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... C_1849.jpg

I was so startled surprised I screamed laughed. I had no idea who John C. Calhoun was nor his place in American history before I started this book.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

d4m10n wrote:
Easy J wrote:
JackSkeptic wrote:As to Damion I do not see him trying to lay any entrapments so whatever. If we all thought the same it would be very boring. Anyway he earned a lot of points from me for his performance on the Sargon podcast.
Do you remember when he did this?:

http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 33#p252533
Oh the fee fees
Easy J was speaking to your character, or lack thereof. You tried to manipulate people, and you're trying it again.

The people that actually pay for SSA and Camp Quest, the donors and the parents who send their kids to these things should know about what Metskas and hubby have done. That they allowed somebody that openly dates and bangs students (and isn't at all concerned about STDs) to be in a situation that exposes him to students really doesn't speak well of their character. Carrier's own words about the age of consent and infantalizing young people isn't exactly comforting. If you're confident I and others here are wrong, then you have absolutely nothing to worry about. But you shouldn't get to decide for all the parents, nor the donors. Transparency and sunlight.

DeLurch points out that all the drama is being handled by an investigator. one Elliot Canter. That does not inspire me with confidence. He seems like a manipulator and a clean-up artist. I doubt it is coincidental that he handles all these incestuous little atheist and skeptic orgs. He likely privately advertises as a man that quiets potentially embarrassing situations. Just a guess, but I'll bet money I'm right.
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/godlessind ... eputation/
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/wwjtd/2016 ... -rfr-spat/
His work with Stollznow left room for her to feel confident to launch the Sci American article and fundraiser. YMMV

Guest_ce3d1b2f

Post by Guest_ce3d1b2f »

surf's up

Michael J

Post by Michael J »

gurugeorge wrote:
Yeah. I got into mythicism a while before Carrier, way back with G.A. Wells' books. As someone with only an amateur interest in the subject, I can't be confident enough to proclaim the idea and back it up, but just for myself I'm pretty convinced it's true. The key is Paul, he just doesn't sit right on the historicist hypothesis, because the Jesus he's talking about looks nothing like the Jesus of the gospels, doesn't seem like a historical person at all, so in order to square that with the Jesus of the gospels, you have to make up special pleading to suppose this or that reason why Paul might have chosen not to mention any of the gospel/historical stuff.

Well, sure, if there were independent evidence of the historical Jesus then that approach would make sense - there would then have to be a reason for Paul's silence, and it would be legitimate to speculate.

But without such independent evidence, it just seems to make sense to me take Paul at face value, as talking about a celestial, mystical being, an entity he saw and conversed with (who gave him teachings) in visions, etc. Much of the stuff you see in religions comes from what's called nowadays "astral travel", but in the past was one of the main sources of the things that look so whacky in religion - basically it's a kind of self-induced lucid dreaming while awake, or like OOBEs, different from daydreaming or speculation or whatever, a distinct, liminal state of consciousness, with a clear sense of moving through very vivid imaginary worlds, and conversing with entities that seem to talk back to you and give you information, that some people just have a knack for and most of us don't. You can get the same thing with hallucinogenics, but actually you don't need hallucinogenics to activate it - it's probably got something to do with the brain's self/world modelling capability running wild and being detached from reality testing.
I have my own explanation for the silence and it comes from the Acts themselves. Paul was a guy who was persecuting Christians but knew very little about Christianity. So when he has visions, his Christianity is based on what little he knew about Jesus and what his fevered brain imagined. When he met the followers of the actual Jesus, he didn't care about any discrepancies because HIS Jesus was still talking to him.

Due to the lack of any real 1st Century evidence, I think my explanation is as real as anybody else's and doesn't have to deal with the problem of how Jesus went from myth to history

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

Why Justin Timberlake Should Not Have Apologized

https://www.allthink.com/1427147

An all too familiar MO of SJWers.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

d4m10n wrote:snip
:mrgreen:
Ah. The lovely Kendra from "A beautiful kind". Can't link - NSFW.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:DeLurch points out that all the drama is being handled by an investigator. one Elliot Canter. That does not inspire me with confidence. He seems like a manipulator and a clean-up artist. I doubt it is coincidental that he handles all these incestuous little atheist and skeptic orgs. He likely privately advertises as a man that quiets potentially embarrassing situations. Just a guess, but I'll bet money I'm right.
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/godlessind ... eputation/
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/wwjtd/2016 ... -rfr-spat/
His work with Stollznow left room for her to feel confident to launch the Sci American article and fundraiser. YMMV
As far as Elliot Cantor goes, I feel good about him going into this situation. Law firm the specializes in Human Resources sexual harassment cases. Yes, he is absolutely going to go in an quiet everything down.

But I also expect a clean up. I expect that the SSA is going to walk away with a set of rules & procedures to follow when someone is bumped for sexual harassment. Hell, he might even advise to the board to bump Mr. SSA from his position. Maybe even Miri from their board since they all belong to the same poly club.

The SSA has already announced that Carrier is no longer able to go to SSA events such as their conference at all, and that they will now notify all SSA affiliates when someone is pulled from the speaker's list for cause.

Just because someone quiets things down, doesn't mean he isn't going to resolve the core of the problem in the first place.

Really?

Post by Really? »

deLurch wrote:snip

The SSA has already announced that Carrier is no longer able to go to SSA events such as their conference at all, and that they will now notify all SSA affiliates when someone is pulled from the speaker's list for cause.

snip
Perhaps it's petty of me to want SSA to put a literal and specific "No Richard Carrier" policy in force for all SSA functions, but that's not exactly what SSA said.
Last week, we announced that we were launching a Board-led investigation into our handling of a complaint against Dr. Carrier. Since that announcement, an outside consultant was brought on board to lead the investigation.

The consultant was given complete autonomy in their investigation and has been actively interviewing people. Our Board has been receiving frequent updates and is in regular contact with the consultant. Based on the current findings to date, the consultant has recommended the investigation be expanded beyond its original scope and the Board has agreed.

Again, The Secular Student Alliance does not tolerate harassment of its members. Any harassment conducted by speakers who are affiliated with SSA can be reported using this form: https://secularstudents.org/speakers/report and the expectations of our speakers can be found here: https://secularstudents.org/speakers/policies

The outcome of this investigation will result in new policies and processes to better protect our students. At the conclusion of our investigation we will release what we can about our findings.

In the meantime, we want to make clear that speakers who are removed for cause from our Speakers Bureau will not be invited to SSA Con 2016, or to any future SSA Con. We are also currently working on a policy for informing students of Speakers Bureau member removal.

We have added an email address to report any harassment/code of conduct issues that either occurred in the past or are currently existing investigation@secularstudents.org. These issues will go directly to our consultant and will be handled in the strictest confidence.
I bolded the critical part. Carrier might argue that he is merely prohibited from speaking or participating at SSA functions. Attending? He might see that as another matter entirely. He might be pretty lonely during SSA Con when his secondary (perhaps primary) girlfriend is helping her husband out at the con.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

While we are on this subject, here is Amy Frank's oringal allegation:

And here is an archive of it, minus the photo.
https://web.archive.org/web/20160629062 ... =3&theater

And here is the photo she attached.
https://i.sli.mg/klUnzW.jpg

Really?

Post by Really? »

deLurch wrote:While we are on this subject, here is Amy Frank's oringal allegation:

And here is an archive of it, minus the photo.
https://web.archive.org/web/20160629062 ... =3&theater

And here is the photo she attached.
https://i.sli.mg/klUnzW.jpg
And while we're at it, here's Carrier's explanation as to how his "Employment" setting got changed:
The Facebook Event was generated I now suspect by an algorithm glitch when I approved on June 10 a wall post from [someone on Brian Parra’s show] on June 9 that tagged and mentioned me and Camp Quest at the same time [with the words “join the ranks of”], which FaceBook read as my working there. It’s the only correlating event on my Activity Log, which doesn’t show me posting the life event notice myself. Which is also why I didn’t notice it.
https://archive.is/xK0h6#selection-12301.0-12301.445

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

deLurch wrote:
Steersman wrote:Doesn't seem like a really good analogy,
OK. I got that.
Steersman wrote:seems to be entirely different kettles of fish. The face punching is, supposedly, a manifest fact; the accusation of harassment seems decidedly moot and quite subjective.
OMG. After years on the pit, you have actually entangled me into a debate.
Success! Persistence pays off! ;-)
deLurch wrote:But sadly, I can't decipher what the fuck you are saying.
Maybe because you're not clear on the essential elements of an analogy? Wikipedia:
The same notion of analogy was used in the US-based SAT tests, that included "analogy questions" in the form "A is to B as C is to what?" For example, "Hand is to palm as foot is to ____?" These questions were usually given in the Aristotelian format: HAND : PALM : : FOOT : ____ While most competent English speakers will immediately give the right answer to the analogy question (sole), it is more difficult to identify and describe the exact relation that holds both between pairs such as hand and palm, and between foot and sole. .... This analogy is not comparing all the properties between a hand and a foot, but rather comparing the relationship between a hand and its palm to a foot and its sole. While a hand and a foot have many dissimilarities, the analogy focuses on their similarity in having an inner surface.
Where is the essential similarity in the analogy you presented? My argument was that the supposed face-punching was manifestly quite real whereas the harassment was subject to a number of questions as to its severity and whether it even took place at all in the first place.

SM12

Post by SM12 »

We all know that black people cannot racially abuse white people.

But can white people racially abuse other white people?

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

SM12 wrote:We all know that black people cannot racially abuse white people.

White people are the devil and are responsible for all forms of evil - real, potential, past, present, future, fictional, intentional, unintentional, accidental...you fucking name it, whitey is responsible. Racism, regardless of form, is a subset of evil and as such, whitey is guilty.

Honestly, it's like you've never watched a "black Hitler" video.

http://www.feistees.com/wp-content/uplo ... /trksl.jpg

pajh

Post by pajh »

Amy Franks claim is that Carrier Sexually harassed here and touched her? I understand the sexual harassment was unwanted advances or something, but touching? A handshake? hand on shoulder? a dance? Since when has the mere "touching" of another human been a problem? If he grabbed her ass surely she'd have said that?

Yea it's Carrier so fuck him, but if touching seems such a low bar, at least Shermer was accused of far more serious things, like filling wine glasses and sitting in a chair with his crotch too far forward.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

I passed the theory with flying colors. Starting circuit lessons tomorrow.

I haz a happy! :)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Parody Accountant wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

So local staff intermixes intimately with national staff. CQ is a bit different, but it is my understanding that they sometimes provided stuff during A/S conferences.
Hey hey welcome back !!

:dance: :clap:

I would have thought a director of a children's organisation woul have been very discrete about a laissez faire attitude to sex. Her indifference to the 'optics' is a(n albeit limp) red flag.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Vive la France!

La plume de ma taint

All right that's all I know.

Congratulations Phil

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I passed the theory with flying colors. Starting circuit lessons tomorrow.

Knew you could do it! :clap:

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Starting circuit lessons tomorrow.
Medics on standby.... :D

http://scienceblogs.com/startswithabang ... onff1.jpeg

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

There's anti-Irish, anti-Italian, anti-Polish, etc. prejudice, obviously.

But a lot of class prejudice uses racial terms, eg 'white trash', 'red neck', etc.

If you look at cartoons of the working class in the Guardian you'll probably see pronounced Neanderthal, simian or rat-like features.

The eugenic movement was largely dedicated to controlling breeding among the lower classes. That's the reason the Fabian society promoted condom machines in pubs.

So, yes, there's white on white racism, but it overlaps with class.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Really? wrote:
deLurch wrote:snip

snip
Perhaps it's petty of me to want SSA to put a literal and specific "No Richard Carrier" policy in force for all SSA functions, but that's not exactly what SSA said.
Last week, we announced that we were launching a Board-led investigation into our handling of a complaint against Dr. Carrier. Since that announcement, an outside consultant was brought on board to lead the investigation.

The consultant was given complete autonomy in their investigation and has been actively interviewing people. Our Board has been receiving frequent updates and is in regular contact with the consultant. Based on the current findings to date, the consultant has recommended the investigation be expanded beyond its original scope and the Board has agreed.

Again, The Secular Student Alliance does not tolerate harassment of its members. Any harassment conducted by speakers who are affiliated with SSA can be reported using this form: https://secularstudents.org/speakers/report and the expectations of our speakers can be found here: https://secularstudents.org/speakers/policies

The outcome of this investigation will result in new policies and processes to better protect our students. At the conclusion of our investigation we will release what we can about our findings.

In the meantime, we want to make clear that speakers who are removed for cause from our Speakers Bureau will not be invited to SSA Con 2016, or to any future SSA Con. We are also currently working on a policy for informing students of Speakers Bureau member removal.

We have added an email address to report any harassment/code of conduct issues that either occurred in the past or are currently existing investigation@secularstudents.org. These issues will go directly to our consultant and will be handled in the strictest confidence.
I bolded the critical part. Carrier might argue that he is merely prohibited from speaking or participating at SSA functions. Attending? He might see that as another matter entirely. He might be pretty lonely during SSA Con when his secondary (perhaps primary) girlfriend is helping her husband out at the con.
The bit about informing students seems broad and bullshitty. Probably a list somewhere on a website.

Why not "inform the affiliates that affiliate status will be reviewed if removed speakers are invited to participate". That should be the outcome.

German StrutBoatsman

Post by German StrutBoatsman »

Guest_415b03c9 wrote: I agree, lots of bullshit being peddled on the internet. Still, MENA and East African immigrants to Germany are worryingly overrepresented in criminal stats, compared to the rest. Funnily enough, aside from Turks who are generally good boys, Syrians in Germany seem to be overall underrepresented in those stats compared to other immigrants from the area:

http://i.imgur.com/JWX9XWq.jpg
Thanks for the link. The people who made this try their best to actually give their sources and methods, that's very useful.

I have two caveats:
1) If you use number of suspects instead of number of crimes, gang or group related crimes will appear overrepresented. It's very easy to misread the stats as number of crimes comitted by nationality but this it ain't.
2) Their pop numbers don't account for illegals and tourists. This means Northern African countries as well as countries like USA and UK are actually overrepresented (Oktoberfest alone probably explains why US citizens in Germany have twice the rate of assault compared to Germans).

Also, some of this numbers really represent single or low double-digit numbers of cases which make calculations to generalized crime rates quite a stretch. This can (and I guess will) be corrected once other years are taken into account also.

German StrutBoatsman

Post by German StrutBoatsman »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I passed the theory with flying colors. Starting circuit lessons tomorrow.

Herzlichen Glückwunsch!

Where do I send my present to?
lg_close2.jpg
(110.05 KiB) Downloaded 345 times

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Shatterface wrote:
There's anti-Irish, anti-Italian, anti-Polish, etc. prejudice, obviously.
There's a lot of anti-Australian prejudice around too

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

I've had some uncomplimentary thoughts sometimes about this community and some people in it, but right now I'm bursting with admiration for the honesty, integrity, courage, strength, kindness, generosity and love that I've been seeing here.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Jim's coming up on his ecstasy. We're here for you, Jim.

Unless this is Baha'i sarcasm, in which case we're a bad influence.

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

jimhabegger wrote:I've had some uncomplimentary thoughts sometimes about this community and some people in it, but right now I'm bursting with admiration for the honesty, integrity, courage, strength, kindness, generosity and love that I've been seeing here.
Time to put down the pipe!

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

:nin:

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

deLurch wrote:
Service Dog wrote:Can we simply offer Carrier cash for his inside dirt on FtB?
Any of you whores willing to swap stories with him? Quid pro quo.
Any cash offer for 'dirt' on FtB from Carrier is bound to be disappointing at best. At worst we get detailed spills on their sexual liasons. The only time that real dirt of any value will be spilled is if Carrier does it out of self protection.
You don't understand.

The shame amongst the SJWs and FTBullies if it is revealed that an in-group member had Carrier jizzing over them, will be extraordinary. For Carrier is now out-group, "othered". It is the equivalent of a SJW admitting they were once married to a member of the KKK.

That's why I am desperate for Carrier to "cum clean". I want the contagion that his out-group seed carries to spoil the likes of Rebecca Watson and other "big names" in the SJW movement.

Remember, we need to divide and fucking conquer the shit out of these creeps.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

I kind of think Rebecca Watson is as dead as pz myers blog network. Her sloth has made her irrelevant. Her only claim to fame is elevator gate, and that is not enough to keep her moving forward in any capacity.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

I get that argument from the SJWs, but what I find amusing is that they will often say "but they can be prejudiced". As though prejudice is non-harmful or trivial. It is an example of how they see "racism" as a "sacred accusation", far more relevant and important than other accusations. For SJWs, prejudice is perfectly acceptable, just as long as it is not prejudice based on racism.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Circuit what? Don't tell me it is something stupid and dangerous. Don't forget to bring some spare body parts and a blood bank just in case.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

deLurch wrote:I kind of think Rebecca Watson is as dead as pz myers blog network. Her sloth has made her irrelevant. Her only claim to fame is elevator gate, and that is not enough to keep her moving forward in any capacity.

Watson could have got in very early on Gamergate. She could have made a killing as she is actually a gamer. Sarkessian waited 2 months before she worked out how she would cash in.

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Bourne Skeptic wrote:Why Justin Timberlake Should Not Have Apologized

This James Lindsay guy is on point.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:
Bourne Skeptic wrote:Why Justin Timberlake Should Not Have Apologized

This James Lindsay guy is on point.
The Kafka trap is not easy to spot if you are not aware of it. It's so commonly used by SJW's hopefully more will be alert to it in the future. Also, never apologise to an SJW, it's what they want so they can continue the abuse.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

MarcusAu wrote:Vive la France!

La plume de ma taint

All right that's all I know.

Congratulations Phil
I'm not sure if congrats are in order here since Phil's record with inanimate objects. We should be worried about his soon to be access to something with serious horsepower. :cry:

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Fucking Bhurzum. :nin:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

pajh wrote:Amy Franks claim is that Carrier Sexually harassed here and touched her? I understand the sexual harassment was unwanted advances or something, but touching? A handshake? hand on shoulder? a dance? Since when has the mere "touching" of another human been a problem? If he grabbed her ass surely she'd have said that?

Yea it's Carrier so fuck him, but if touching seems such a low bar, at least Shermer was accused of far more serious things, like filling wine glasses and sitting in a chair with his crotch too far forward.
She says he touched her arm and her leg, and that it was "unwanted". Since Dicky was trying to pick her up, we can be confident it was sexual in nature.

Legally, it doesn't constitute "harassment", but unwanted touching is indeed a problem.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
pajh wrote:Amy Franks claim is that Carrier Sexually harassed here and touched her? I understand the sexual harassment was unwanted advances or something, but touching? A handshake? hand on shoulder? a dance? Since when has the mere "touching" of another human been a problem? If he grabbed her ass surely she'd have said that?

She says he touched her arm and her leg, and that it was "unwanted". Since Dicky was trying to pick her up, we can be confident it was sexual in nature.

Legally, it doesn't constitute "harassment", but unwanted touching is indeed a problem.
Since I'm in something of a good mood, I fell like posing a question we haven't discussed.

Based upon the current information that we have, this seems to be the loose timeline:

[*]Carrier goes to Arizona, meets Amy. Allegedly touches her arm and leg. Amy notifies SSA at some point in the next couple weeks.

[*]Carrier goes to Ohio and touches some girl's hair, to which he later confesses.

[*]SSA informs Carrier that he has sinned against a woman. He offers apology, thinking it is Ohio girl. SSA is talking about Amy.

[*]Carrier has his confession post peer-reviewed by SSA and Amy, Amy says it sounds like he's making himself a martyr, but whatever.

[*]SSA proudly announces that Amy has been awarded an SSA scholarship/travel, etc. I forget the words, but they mention "additional sources" of funding or something like that.

[*]Both Amy and Carrier are at SSA Con in Ohio. SSA tells Carrier the complainant is around. That's when Carrier discovers he confessed about the wrong girl. Carrier says he gave Amy a wide berth.

Questions:

Does it seem like the scholarship was hush money? If so,

How wrong is that on SSA's part?

How wrong is that on Amy's part?

If Amy accepted the apology and cash and prizes, was it wrong of her to make the post that toppled Dick's dominos? Where I come from, if someone gives you money to shut you up, you keep your mouth shut.

some guy

Post by some guy »

deLurch wrote:I kind of think Rebecca Watson is as dead as pz myers blog network. Her sloth has made her irrelevant. Her only claim to fame is elevator gate, and that is not enough to keep her moving forward in any capacity.
But, still makes a good living doing her irrelevant thing, what with the ~$1K per video that people give her on Patreon.