The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
deLurch

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by deLurch »

UPDATE: Richard Carrier added more details about his litigation targets in a followup email to The Fix, which have been incorporated. The description of “intersectional atheism” has been modified to clarify it is not endorsed by the popularizers of “New Atheism.”
http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/28009/
He is suing “a number of other parties who have made additional statements unrelated to the Frank accusation” unless they retract those statements, Carrier said.
Where is Richard Carrier getting all of this money to sue all of these people. He wouldn't be bluffing would he?

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

What is amusing is that Richard Carrier has worked very hard to try and make himself a public figure. While his accusation of an unknown student as being mentally ill... I just don't see him having a chance in hell in court even if he could muster up the cash.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

deLurch wrote:
UPDATE: Richard Carrier added more details about his litigation targets in a followup email to The Fix, which have been incorporated. The description of “intersectional atheism” has been modified to clarify it is not endorsed by the popularizers of “New Atheism.”
He is suing “a number of other parties who have made additional statements unrelated to the Frank accusation” unless they retract those statements, Carrier said.
Where is Richard Carrier getting all of this money to sue all of these people. He wouldn't be bluffing would he?
Bayesian theory concludes that there is a high probably that Carrier's lawyer doesn't actually exist - that the lawyer is a syncretic amalgamation of several TV lawyers whose shows Carrier has watched in the past.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

deLurch wrote:
I hope not. But then again, the chance to see Carrier sue FTB with Mark Schierbecker reporting on it just seems too ironically beautiful to be true.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

*probability

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Insightful tweet

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Sunder wrote:
Cnutella wrote:To be fair to the Gay Shoop (!) I can't remember him ever bragging about making a luxury purchases and he's willing to work minimum wage jobs. If I recall rightly, he lives in a pretty small town where employment options appear few and far between.

I wonder who it was that contacted PZ (or so he says) to bitch about the Shoop's request for money? He seems to imply it was by email so ther's no way to verify.m Shoop posted his request over at the Orbit (Caine signal boosted it on Pharyngula, so maybe that caught someone's eye.

I doubt it was anyone here as Shoops's request didn't appear to ripple the Slymepond. Plus, people here seem generally understanding of the financial difficulties of others, so long as they're not being workshy snowflakes like Melody.
The merits of one specific case aren't really enough to affect the overall trend, which is what Peez is getting so defensive over. His crowd begs. They beg often, they beg big, and they don't always beg out of genuine need. He's using Tony's case as a shield for the broader behavior of that crowd.
This. Also Peez doesn't understand the difference between Tony and others requesting charity to get them through dire straits and Sarkeesian's, and Twatson's grifting.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

deLurch wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:The most interesting thing about Mark's article was the news that Amy had been forced to pull her post and stop talking publicly.
Carrier's legal team appear to be suitably foaming.
Does Carrier even have a lawyer at this point?
I'll wager he does his own briefs.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/12/ ... 68x286.jpg

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

fuzzy wrote:
deLurch wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:The most interesting thing about Mark's article was the news that Amy had been forced to pull her post and stop talking publicly.
Carrier's legal team appear to be suitably foaming.
Does Carrier even have a lawyer at this point?
I'll wager he does his own briefs.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/12/ ... 68x286.jpg
Are those age of consent knickers?

Basement

Post by Basement »

I want him to air the rest of the dirty laundry...

hippodown

Post by hippodown »

[quoteDr. Richard Carrier
March 3, 2015 at 1:02 am
Maybe you are sadly naive enough to think Christianized antiscientific Sex Ed isn’t lying to you, but facts are, more than a hundred million Americans have had numerous sexual partners, yet almost none of them ever get an STD (the rate is extremely low; even lower in more secular societies than in religious ones), and when you narrow the pool to those practicing safe sex, the rate of STDs is near zero.

Moreover, STDs are almost all incredibly trivial illnesses in modern practice (compared to, say, TB, which you can catch on mass transit, or food poisoning or E. coli or Salmonella infections, which you can get from eating food even from your own kitchen), almost all of which are easily cured with antibiotics. Herpes and HIV are the only exceptions (other than HPV, which most women already have, if Christians haven’t prevented them getting vaccinated). But 90% of the population already has Herpes (children get it from orally sharing toys), the variety that prefers the mouth, from which there is no other difference from the other kind than where it breaks out. If no one cares about mouth Herpes (and they don’t; no one shames anyone for it or thinks it’s a big deal to have it), only the genitally-obsessed shame-based prude will care about it appearing elsewhere on the body. Meanwhile, condoms and other safety practices confer extremely reliable protection against HIV (you are more likely to get a life threatening illness from eating out).

So to think about STDs as in any relevant sense different from food borne and air borne and touch-vectored illnesses is simply a manifestation of sex phobia and a prudish, sex-obsessed, self-hating worldview. The rate of catching a disease just going to the hospital is higher than the general population, but no one then thinks going to the hospital is shameful or that the people who get infections there deserved it or something. So this idea that getting an illness from sexual contact is somehow extra bad or deserved or anything negative at all is an example of the kind of childish, misery-inducing bigotry that typifies the Christian religion. Which makes it even more embarrassing when an atheist still believes that prudish Christian crap.][/quote]

hope he wasn't supposed to be doing sex education at camp quest.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

It looks like I've been discovered.

http://i.imgur.com/RajHlle.png

hippodown

Post by hippodown »

i cant do quotes!!

hippodown

Post by hippodown »

Basement wrote:I want him to air the rest of the dirty laundry...
ftbparty.png
(1.04 MiB) Downloaded 313 times

Basement

Post by Basement »

hippodown wrote:
ftbparty.png
I don't see what the problem is, that's obviously a non-verbal cue.

hippodown

Post by hippodown »

rapist!

Semi

Post by Semi »

Basement wrote:Carrier hit on a female, and she didn't like it, he touched her hair and her leg, and she didn't like it. She was abused.
Even if he denied it, we all know women NEVER lie.

This is my first post here and I signed up because the Carrier story is too compelling.
Although I am against witch hunts, I won't shed any tears over seeing a witch hunter get burned at the stake.
Welcome and here's your basket of [missing] links. Now fuck off.

http://s14.postimg.org/v9csog30h/skulls.jpg

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

hippodown wrote:
ftbparty.png
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Bhurzum wrote:"Skin" has an impressive range - she can switch from angry/gutteral barks to lilting, almost breathless harmony in a heartbeat. I've got a serious hard-on for her voice! "Skunk Anansie" are such an under-rated act. If you've never heard them before (unlikely but you never know), check them out on YT.
I remember feeling that way about Deborah Iyall of Romeo Void.

But then I went to see them in concert. Ouch.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Basement wrote:
hippodown wrote:
ftbparty.png
I don't see what the problem is, that's obviously a non-verbal cue.
That was pretty funny. Welcome.

Oh, and fuck off!

CaptainFluffyBunny

Gumby wrote:
Really? wrote:
“I have not decided yet whether to sue Frank,” Carrier told The Fix in a followup email Thursday. “She appears to be troubled and may be a victim of mental illness.”
This shit really burns my ass. He calls anyone who disagrees with him on biblical scholarship crazy. He calls people who don't buy into A+ bullshit crazy. Now, because a woman complained about his horny nonsense, she is "troubled" and a "victim of mental illness".

That sleazy fuckstick Carrier really needs to be bitchslapped.
Being charitable, I wonder if he really is so arrogant that he can't fathom why somebody could see anything other than his point of view without being detached from reality? Sort of like Steersman and SJWs telling you that if you interpret an article other than through their ideology you must have reading comprehension issues.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

It's entirely possible Carrier is incapable of seeing things other than the way he sees them. Most days I think that's actually true. But it's irrelevant. If someone were to consistently run down pedestrians with their car it wouldn't matter (to take a purely utilitarian view) whether they were a sadist or an incompetent geriatric. They need to be removed from the streets.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

hippodown wrote:
Dr. Richard Carrier
March 3, 2015 at 1:02 am
Meanwhile, condoms and other safety practices confer extremely reliable protection against HIV (you are more likely to get a life threatening illness from eating out).

hope he wasn't supposed to be doing sex education at camp quest.
It's lucky no one took him up took him up on that steak dinner he was auctioning a year ago...

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

Gumby wrote:I hope every SJW feminist on the internet reads what that slimy douchebag Richard Carrier is saying in a desperate attempt to cover his ass. He can sue anybody he wants, it won't matter, because his own words are going to be his undoing. Bitchez be lying. Bitches be crazy. I hope an enraged feminist mob takes his ego and beats that shameless cunt into a coma with it.
I don't understand how people are not getting that looking bad can advance a performance career just as much, and often even more so, than looking good.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

Gumby wrote:Yeah, this is the shit that really needs signal boosted to the people with huge numbers of followers on YouTube and twitter. Thunderfoot. Sargon. Gay Breitbart guy.
All the more fame and fortune for Carrier. Are people really not getting this?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

[youtube]6aQTJw1wlQ8[/youtube]

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Billie from Ockham wrote:I remember feeling that way about Deborah Iyall of Romeo Void.

But then I went to see them in concert. Ouch.
I'd never heard of them before - checked out a few of their vids, yup, she can certainly sing although the live stuff I watched was pretty...off?

Best live performance-fail I ever seen was Anthrax (state of euphoria tour) when they played in Glasgow. The security up-front (already crushed between the stage and crowd) failed to prevent an overly keen spectator from grabbing the bassist's ankle and pulling him off the stage. Punches were thrown, insults were hurled (I disctinctly remember Scott Ian yelling "you fuckers have no respect") then when things eventually calmed down, they proceeded to play the rest of the set. I don't know if the incident put them off their game but the gig was very subdued, devoid of energy and was completely "meh" overall.

I think this happened round about the same time SLF reformed (again) and raised the roof - fucking awesome live act, seen them four or five times and each show was better than the last.

Here's a wee sample of (much-older) SLF proving that old punks never die!

Warning - easy to misunderstand the message of this song.

[youtube]t2Oy7-sMnWc[/youtube]

My first GF introduced me to SLF (amongst other things) and to this day, the old farts are prominent in most of my playlists. That's serious longevity.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

AndrewV69 wrote:
jimhabegger wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:No system is perfect, but the justice system is much better at dealing with crimes and accusations of crimes than "online communities". I don't believe in vigilantism, and especially not in Internet vigilantism.
That makes two of us, at least.
However, when the person being staked out prior to be burned at the stake is one being hoisted upon his/her petard then I will most certainly
be there, all stocked up with marshmellows and popcorn.

Call me what you want, hypocrite even. Do not care. In any event, I will probably be too busy :popcorn: to even notice.
As I've said, more than once, I see nothing wrong with enjoying the show.

Pardon me, is this seat taken?
:popcorn:

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

deLurch wrote:
That's what I keep saying. it's just part of his song and dance. The fan base might change, but the show will go on, probably bigger and better than before, and undoubtedly with lots of help from the Pit, promoting it far and wide.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

I had completely forgotten what I realized a long time ago, FtB and the Pit are just different floats in the same parade, partners in the same vaudeville act.

Like Abbot and Costello, Laurel and Hardy, or Martin and Lewis.

And as Natalie Reed said, "heroes of their own narratives."

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

hippodown wrote:
ftbparty.png
I'm thinking that your humorous picture here is furthering a witch hunt by insinuating that PZ and Surly Amy may have engaged in touching and that Poseidon Richard Carrier is threatening the Hyena Goddess with the pool cue of you tell on me and I'll tell on you.
Or maybe I'm just reading too much into it. :think:

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

something something punch you in the face something just as bad as he is.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Spike13 wrote:Consent laws and all that aside,

If you are a forty year old and you are sniffing around 18 year old tender-loin, you sir are a fucking creep.

if this has to be explained, you won't get it.

I wonder if Carrier has them call him " Daddy" while their fucking?
I knew of a public high school in the late 1980's, in a prosperous neighborhood in Madison Wisconsin, where a male Social Studies teacher in his 40's was dating a female senior. She was an attractive swimmer who led the school's Pro-Life student group & he was the faculty advisor-- with silver moustache & cowboy boots. Her parents were aware of their relationship & apparently allowed it. Given their pro-life activism, they may not have actually fucked. I don't know. They both fit in just-fine with Madison's liberal community. The math teacher & baseball coach was short, wore a suit every day, looked like a stubby FEMA or DEA director. He was involved with another attractive blonde athlete with well-to-do parents; and when she turned 18 & graduated, he left his wife & married her. Both teachers kept their jobs for years after.

I consider both those teachers creeps. They're creeps WITHIN the professed rules of the local, suburban society where they lived & worked. They shit on concepts like 'public education' and 'marriage' and 'appropriate'. In that context, "creep" had moral authority.

A quarter century later... calling Richard Carrier a creep is as impotent & meaningless, as calling him a 'square'.

In a post-internet world, most of the people you encountered today-- routinely watch huge amounts of porn. Amounts that only an adult video store employee would have seen, decades ago. The porn starlets are routinely 18 & the porns where they call the dude fucking them 'daddy'-- isn't some obscure niche. It's right there alongside mainstream tastes, like big tits & facials.

Richard Carrier holds no position of tenure or repute. He's a travelling carpetbagger. A snake-oil peddler, like The Music Man. His 'peer reviewed' books don't tarnish the peer review standards of academia, because his books don't meet the standard.

Carrier doesn't make a mockery of marriage: he was drummed out of that institution, in disgrace. And, in recent decades, no-fault divorce discarded any association between marriage and minimum standards of conduct. Anything goes.

Tinder exists. If an 18 year old woman sets her app's top age limit to include Carrier's age-- and he sets his bottom limit at 18-- that requires no hacking of the app to make the match. It's within permitted parameters. If Carrier flies to Amsterdam to fuck EU APPROVED govt-inspected, licensed & taxed prostitutes... what line has he crossed? Only a stuffy self-imposed brexit from Anything Goes-- is frowned-upon, as old-fashioned.

I'm about Carrier's age. A couple years ago, I made eye contact with a fashionable model-type on the street, invited her into a bar for a drink, chatted a few minutes, & got a nice kiss goodnight. A 15 minute encounter, maybe? As she left, I asked her age. 19. She lived with her parents 2 doors down from the bar. How creepy I am-- or am-not-- is entirely based on... how creepy I am or am-not. Not our age difference. For a few minutes, she felt grown up. I felt lucky. There was no Ke$ha Girlz Gone Wild TMZ Bottle Service & Bling vibe... no lack of propriety. Nor was there a semblance of propriety being broken. (I wasn't wearing a priest collar.)

If Carrier meets an 18 year old goth at that poly-kink community space he now frequents-- it makes my skin crawl. But isn't there a shred of respectability that comes-with those people trying to establish a safe etiquette for their fetish-shit? I never-liked the Pit's own Rystefn's polyamorous bragging (I think I recall it correctly)-- that he saw nothing-wrong with fucking a married woman whose husband wouldn't like-it. I don't like his disregard for marriage itself. for the stranger he'd be hurting. But I can't say Rystefn's opinion is out of step with the prevailing morality of our society.

I hope these sentences I'm writing provide enough dots that connecting-them is obvious. I think Carrier is guilty-as-fuck of violating his own professed SJW standards. But that's a moral-relativism violation, nothing more. If the standards we use to condemn him are all high & mighty... but lack realistic applicability to the the world we actually live in... then we're just shaking our fists in the air.

I admire those of you who raise your kids right, keep them from harm, know right from wrong. But if your standards don't accomodate our dirty reality, they're part of the problem... like if a modern, secular US university had a rule against students having premarital sex.

Look at the double-standard feminism has imposed, where girls are free to get blackout drunk with their skirts over their heads-- but boys are still held to old, selfless rules of chivalry & propriety. It's a defective cure.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Service Dog wrote:snip

I admire those of you who raise your kids right, keep them from harm, know right from wrong. But if your standards don't accomodate our dirty reality, they're part of the problem... like if a modern, secular US university had a rule against students having premarital sex.

Look at the double-standard feminism has imposed, where girls are free to get blackout drunk with their skirts over their heads-- but boys are still held to old, selfless rules of chivalry & propriety. It's a defective cure.
US universities did have a rule against premarital sex until what, the 70's? They broke the rules, sure. I am a result of that. But your dirty reality doesn't seem to produce anything other than transient art and dust. The idea that all impropriety is off the table because some is socially harmful is a false dichotomy.

Some things endure because they work. Socially evolved structures should only be tampered with carefully. There is a reason they evolved that way. Feminists try to have their cake and eat it too, but that doesn't mean we do the same. Outlawing homosexuality was a mistake. Pretending men and women are exactly the same is a mistake as well. We tamper with things with a careless abandon when we should tread lightly and thoughtfully. Without ideology, but with clear heads and open minds. YMMV, IMHO and probably best to ignore.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

The public never tends to be fond of the most voracious abusive of moral scolds who are later found to be complete hypocrites.

[youtube]yWkVa-_sd24[/youtube]

[youtube]GbvVPzIsJWw[/youtube]

katamari Damassi

deLurch wrote:
[youtube]GbvVPzIsJWw[/youtube]
I met the guy(masseur/escort)that turned Haggard in, at a party years ago. Nice guy, great body, horribly allergic to the host's cat.

katamari Damassi

Grand mufti of Australia says that muslims are being "intellectually terrorized" when called out on their position that homosexuality deserves the death penalty. I'd rather be intellectually terrorized over the traditional islamic terrorization any day.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/na ... 66ba8d8634

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

Service Dog wrote:I knew of a public high school in the late 1980's, in a prosperous neighborhood in Madison Wisconsin, where a male Social Studies teacher in his 40's was dating a female senior. She was an attractive swimmer who led the school's Pro-Life student group & he was the faculty advisor-- with silver moustache & cowboy boots. Her parents were aware of their relationship & apparently allowed it. Given their pro-life activism, they may not have actually fucked. I don't know. They both fit in just-fine with Madison's liberal community. The math teacher & baseball coach was short, wore a suit every day, looked like a stubby FEMA or DEA director. He was involved with another attractive blonde athlete with well-to-do parents; and when she turned 18 & graduated, he left his wife & married her. Both teachers kept their jobs for years after.

I consider both those teachers creeps. They're creeps WITHIN the professed rules of the local, suburban society where they lived & worked. They shit on concepts like 'public education' and 'marriage' and 'appropriate'. In that context, "creep" had moral authority.

A quarter century later... calling Richard Carrier a creep is as impotent & meaningless, as calling him a 'square'.

In a post-internet world, most of the people you encountered today-- routinely watch huge amounts of porn. Amounts that only an adult video store employee would have seen, decades ago. The porn starlets are routinely 18 & the porns where they call the dude fucking them 'daddy'-- isn't some obscure niche. It's right there alongside mainstream tastes, like big tits & facials.

Richard Carrier holds no position of tenure or repute. He's a travelling carpetbagger. A snake-oil peddler, like The Music Man. His 'peer reviewed' books don't tarnish the peer review standards of academia, because his books don't meet the standard.

Carrier doesn't make a mockery of marriage: he was drummed out of that institution, in disgrace. And, in recent decades, no-fault divorce discarded any association between marriage and minimum standards of conduct. Anything goes.

Tinder exists. If an 18 year old woman sets her app's top age limit to include Carrier's age-- and he sets his bottom limit at 18-- that requires no hacking of the app to make the match. It's within permitted parameters. If Carrier flies to Amsterdam to fuck EU APPROVED govt-inspected, licensed & taxed prostitutes... what line has he crossed? Only a stuffy self-imposed brexit from Anything Goes-- is frowned-upon, as old-fashioned.

I'm about Carrier's age. A couple years ago, I made eye contact with a fashionable model-type on the street, invited her into a bar for a drink, chatted a few minutes, & got a nice kiss goodnight. A 15 minute encounter, maybe? As she left, I asked her age. 19. She lived with her parents 2 doors down from the bar. How creepy I am-- or am-not-- is entirely based on... how creepy I am or am-not. Not our age difference. For a few minutes, she felt grown up. I felt lucky. There was no Ke$ha Girlz Gone Wild TMZ Bottle Service & Bling vibe... no lack of propriety. Nor was there a semblance of propriety being broken. (I wasn't wearing a priest collar.)

If Carrier meets an 18 year old goth at that poly-kink community space he now frequents-- it makes my skin crawl. But isn't there a shred of respectability that comes-with those people trying to establish a safe etiquette for their fetish-shit? I never-liked the Pit's own Rystefn's polyamorous bragging (I think I recall it correctly)-- that he saw nothing-wrong with fucking a married woman whose husband wouldn't like-it. I don't like his disregard for marriage itself. for the stranger he'd be hurting. But I can't say Rystefn's opinion is out of step with the prevailing morality of our society.

I hope these sentences I'm writing provide enough dots that connecting-them is obvious. I think Carrier is guilty-as-fuck of violating his own professed SJW standards. But that's a moral-relativism violation, nothing more. If the standards we use to condemn him are all high & mighty... but lack realistic applicability to the the world we actually live in... then we're just shaking our fists in the air.

Wow.

Yes to all this.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Fucking Ted Haggard - even this parody of him appears more reasonable/sensible:

[youtube]vBC5L6cyq2Y[/youtube]

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Hey, you guys, I know I'm hardly ever around here these days, but I had to come back and just plop this down in case you haven't seen it yet...

Tricky Sticky Dicky made Breitbart! LOL
http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/06/3 ... l-victims/

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Scented Nectar wrote:Hey, you guys, I know I'm hardly ever around here these days, but I had to come back and just plop this down in case you haven't seen it yet...

Hey, SN! How's my favourite 'pitter?

:P

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Bhurzum wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:Hey, you guys, I know I'm hardly ever around here these days, but I had to come back and just plop this down in case you haven't seen it yet...

I've been bad, slutting around at other sites, even though you're all one of my favourite lovers websites. The Pit will be in my top 5 list forever.
:romance-kisscheek: :romance-kisslips: :romance-grouphug: :romance-kisscheek: :romance-kisslips:

Soon though, I'll be ghosting every fuckbuddy website when a game I'm waiting for comes out (Aug 9). It was supposed to be on June 21, but was delayed. I've been missing most posts here, but sometimes I do a quick F5 vanity search on each page for "scented".

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Scented Nectar wrote:I've been bad, slutting around at other sites, even though you're all one of my favourite lovers websites. The Pit will be in my top 5 list forever.
https://media.giphy.com/media/hBfvyF6k9RMIM/giphy.gif
Scented Nectar wrote:Soon though, I'll be ghosting every fuckbuddy website when a game I'm waiting for comes out (Aug 9). It was supposed to be on June 21, but was delayed. I've been missing most posts here, but sometimes I do a quick F5 vanity search on each page for "scented".
Sounds interesting; which game are you waiting for?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

comhcinc wrote:[youtube]6aQTJw1wlQ8[/youtube]

I continue to binge on Harmontown podcasts. A recent one began with Dan Harmon confessing "I'm racist, I'm sexist..." ritually denouncing himself for the collective sins of all straight white men. He proceeded to clarify that he's not reeally racist or sexist... It's just "a nice thing to say." Because ya know who says, "I'm not racist"? Answer: Racists! Such as Donald Trump. Harmon then said he wants women to like him, so he says he's sexist to win them over.

Maybe the whole rant was a comedy shtick. Maybe he was only pretending to be a pathetic lapdog to bring attention to how ludicrous it is to debase oneself for approval like-that. But it sounded real. And it was consistent with many other flabby-male-feminists things he says.

Harmon also talked about being a pantyhose fetishist-- about getting the urge to masturbate with nylon & guiltily perusing the stocking rack at the drugstore, buying an unneeded tube of Colgate toothpaste, to cover the oddity of a man buying hose. Does he wear the pantyhose on his legs? Wrap it around his dick? Wear it over his head? Go-for total body encasement? Answer: he owns a mannequin leg.

I've got my kinks. But other people's fetishes gross me out. I appreciate him submitting himself to our scrutiny. But I can't help but think a guy who is fixated on pantyhose as a female sexual talisman/ and worships an inanimate fake foot... is going to be a spineless bootlicking worm, and a toilet slave to being a good little beta-male drone. He'll sell-out all his brothers by convincing himself they're 'bad', and he is the worthy good alternative. The worst part is MOST guys are like that to such a degree/ our entire society is fucked by it.

CAPTAIN FLUFFYBUNNY said I posited a false dichotomy, when it came to morality policing. I think Dan Harmon represents the actual dichotomy: IF the entire feminist anti-misogyny lobby & (grassroots ad hoc volunteer auxilliary) can't actually gather & deploy themselves to fight sexism... without relying on insane self-inquisitions/ such as demanding men of confess to racist, sexist thoughtcrimes-- which Harmon KNOWS he's not guilty of.... then fuck it. We don't gotta adopt their utopian blueprint for society/ we can say 'no thanks' & walk away from the deal, the job, the marriage, etc.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Service Dog wrote:IF the entire feminist anti-misogyny lobby & (grassroots ad hoc volunteer auxilliary) can't actually gather & deploy themselves to fight sexism... without relying on insane self-inquisitions/ such as demanding men of confess to racist, sexist thoughtcrimes-- which Harmon KNOWS he's not guilty of.... then fuck it. We don't gotta adopt their utopian blueprint for society/ we can say 'no thanks' & walk away from the deal, the job, the marriage, etc.
Service Dog has gone MGTOW

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

deLurch wrote:
Service Dog wrote:IF the entire feminist anti-misogyny lobby & (grassroots ad hoc volunteer auxilliary) can't actually gather & deploy themselves to fight sexism... without relying on insane self-inquisitions/ such as demanding men of confess to racist, sexist thoughtcrimes-- which Harmon KNOWS he's not guilty of.... then fuck it. We don't gotta adopt their utopian blueprint for society/ we can say 'no thanks' & walk away from the deal, the job, the marriage, etc.
It's official - we're now a PUA site, part of the MRM, a shrine to Elliot Rodgers and we're proof that jet fuel can't melt steel beams.

Fuck!

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Hiya, SN! Good to see you.
Scented Nectar wrote:...when a game I'm waiting for comes out (Aug 9). It was supposed to be on June 21, but was delayed.
Revolution 60 on Steam?
Scented Nectar wrote:I've been missing most posts here, but sometimes I do a quick F5 vanity search on each page for "scented".
Hopefully people won't start to use the word "scented" indiscriminately in all sorts of posts - that could really mess with the signal-to-noise of your search approach. :think:

surf's up :mrgreen:

CaptainFluffyBunny

Bhurzum wrote:
deLurch wrote:
It's official - we're now a PUA site, part of the MRM, a shrine to Elliot Rodgers and we're proof that jet fuel can't melt steel beams.

Fuck!
That shit always bothers me. You don't have to melt steel beams, just get them to °1475F and they are putty. I play with steel a fair bit, and I've made camp fires hot enough to make steel malleable. Air and fuel is all you need. /end rant

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

The Y axis range on FTB's ranking graph at alexa has changed, before it was 10K-50K and now it's showing 30K-60K

Now: (sorry can't figure out how to link or show image now, imgur is messing wit me)
http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/freethoughtblogs.com

June 8th:
http://i.imgur.com/zt4Zp0b.png?1

The new scaling makes the recent drop look even more striking :)

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:

I've been bad, slutting around at other sites, even though you're all one of my favourite lovers websites. The Pit will be in my top 5 list forever.
:romance-kisscheek: :romance-kisslips: :romance-grouphug: :romance-kisscheek: :romance-kisslips:

Soon though, I'll be ghosting every fuckbuddy website when a game I'm waiting for comes out (Aug 9). It was supposed to be on June 21, but was delayed. I've been missing most posts here, but sometimes I do a quick F5 vanity search on each page for "scented".
I remember you talking about it earlier. For those of you interested follow the linkey link and scroll on down to
6 - No Man's Sky - August 9th
Also:

[youtube]qdhB6DFoRz0[/youtube]

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:Some things endure because they work. Socially evolved structures should only be tampered with carefully. There is a reason they evolved that way. ... Pretending men and women are exactly the same is a mistake as well. We tamper with things with a careless abandon when we should tread lightly and thoughtfully. ... with clear heads and open minds.
I agree with all that. There may or may not be some disagreements between us, about the parts I left out.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Bhurzum wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:I've been bad, slutting around at other sites, even though you're all one of my favourite lovers websites. The Pit will be in my top 5 list forever.
https://media.giphy.com/media/hBfvyF6k9RMIM/giphy.gif
Scented Nectar wrote:Soon though, I'll be ghosting every fuckbuddy website when a game I'm waiting for comes out (Aug 9). It was supposed to be on June 21, but was delayed. I've been missing most posts here, but sometimes I do a quick F5 vanity search on each page for "scented".
Sounds interesting; which game are you waiting for?
It's called No Man's Sky, and luckily the name seems to be based on "where no man's gone before" rather than some sort of feminist fantasy. I've pre-ordered and upgraded my RAM. I'm addicted and haven't even played yet. It's on both PC and Playstation. The delay was probably due to Sky news (or network or something) trying to sue them for the "sky" part of the name. They just won the case though, and it's coming soon.

Through math and procedural generation, which is very large numbers having sex with other very large numbers (fractals, object/lifeform/colours/etc variables, and rules that prevent a similar random looking mess from occurring everywhere), they have generated a UNIVERSE of over 18 quintillion earth-sized planets (plus some have moons), all different than each other and with different life forms too because of the numbers. Some are barren or semi-barren, and some are lush with life. Planets can have caves and underwater areas as well as day/night cycles since they rotate.

There is a ton of space activity as well. There are different factions of aliens, a background goal of working your way to the center of the galaxy you start in, and puzzles to figure out such as alien languages. Life and danger gets weirder the closer one gets to the center of the first galaxy. At first it's fairly recognizable like it shows in the videos below - just a bit weird - and later it gets weirder so we're told. I can't wait. They are going for an old style sci-fi book cover look and doing it really well.

You can play in any way you like, such as trading, exploring, pirating, etc. You don't have to choose though, just do what you want when you want. I'll focus on a mix of exploring and trading. I'll have to do a bit of fighting for survival, but pirating trade ships doesn't interest me - or maybe it will, who knows. There are resources to find, tech to build, survival to do (extreme heat or cold or toxic gas on some planets). You can build up a wanted level if you kill any animals who didn't try to kill you first, try to break into buildings that you find, or if you shoot at the planets' robotic sentinels.

Because of the sheer size, the game only generates your surroundings based on your location in the universe combined with the current time, so there are no loading times and one ever generates the entire universe's contents - not even the developers have ever done that! Previous locations are dropped from memory when you leave and regenerated anew if you return. Most of the game will never be seen by anyone, not even the developers. If a person were to explore every single planet for 1 second each, our sun would burn out before the task could be done. Nothing like this has ever been made. It's procedural generation on acid. Sean Murray, who created this, is truly god. I used to be an atheist, but now I'm not so sure.

Everyone starts out on a different planet, in a different solar system. Even though everyone's in the same universe, and even though there will be a tiny amount of multiplayer communication for those who want it, it's unlikely that anyone will ever run into other players or even visit any already-explored-and-named planets. You can name planets and life forms you discover, which is pretty much every planet and lifeform you'll come across. It's a game that's for all ages though, so there will be algarhythms to prevent things like PlanetPenis or ButtPlugosaurus or whatever. Still though, despite that limitation, I'm going to play this until I die. :)

Here's a huge amount of comfirmed info about the game: http://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/wiki/archive

Here are a few videos on it. A ton more can be found on youtube.

"No Man's Sky: 21 Minutes of New Gameplay - IGN First"
[youtube]D-uMFHoF8VA[/youtube]

"How Crafting in No Man's Sky Works - IGN First"
[youtube]it_9pUYO2AY[/youtube]

This next one's a bit older and so has crappier graphics and an older interface. They've improved it now. It's fun to see the playstation guy get all excited about the game, so I'm including it anyways:

"PlayStation Experience 2015: No Man's Sky Conversation | PS4"
[youtube]-sb-clg3Tlw[/youtube]

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Skep tickle wrote:Hiya, SN! Good to see you.
Scented Nectar wrote:...when a game I'm waiting for comes out (Aug 9). It was supposed to be on June 21, but was delayed.
Revolution 60 on Steam?
Scented Nectar wrote:I've been missing most posts here, but sometimes I do a quick F5 vanity search on each page for "scented".
Hopefully people won't start to use the word "scented" indiscriminately in all sorts of posts - that could really mess with the signal-to-noise of your search approach. :think:

surf's up :mrgreen:
It's No Man's Sky and it's on Steam at

I can't wait. Jonesing even. Not even multiple indiscriminate "scented"s will be able to tear me away. :)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

jimhabegger wrote:
Gumby wrote:Yeah, this is the shit that really needs signal boosted to the people with huge numbers of followers on YouTube and twitter. Thunderfoot. Sargon. Gay Breitbart guy.
The important thing to note is that Carrier hasn't broken any laws and has been punished for the breach of protocol identified. The real issue here is the post removal behaviour of SSA and the continued support of CQ's leadership.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Someone isn't going to remember the next day.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

Service Dog wrote:Read this book, jim. It's by a WW2 vet/ historian, who had something-to-say outside his usual field. You'll enjoy a paper copy even-more. Your local library can find a copy, if they don't have one on the shelves.
Or amazon. But here's the link... https://web.archive.org/web/20040313073 ... status.htm
I read it, and I enjoyed it for a while, but about halfway through, it started to lose its novelty for me. It's insightful and entertaining, but I didn't find much useful information or knowledge in it for me. Other than its entertainment value, is there anything else about it that you thought might interest me, or any point in it that you'd like to bring out?

SM12

Post by SM12 »

deLurch wrote:
Someone isn't going to remember the next day.
I take it that isn't Shermer doing the intimate groping, or else I would have seen those pictures 1 million times before on Freethought Blogs and Twitter.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

Brive1987 wrote:
jimhabegger wrote:
The important thing to note is that Carrier hasn't broken any laws and has been punished for the breach of protocol identified. The real issue here is the post removal behaviour of SSA and the continued support of CQ's leadership.
Yes, sorry, I was forgetting about other interests here besides vigilante justice against Carrier. Thanks for reminding me.

It looks to me like there are several issues here, and they aren't all the same for everyone. I'll go back and see what you've been saying about the post removal behavior of SSA and the continued support of CQ's leadership.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Keating wrote:Just got back from watching Independence Day 2. I liked it, although not as much as the original.
I thought it was shite, but then again, the Commander is in his mid-30s, and not a stupid a teenager, as when the original came out. Oh, and Brent Spiner is a fucking dick. That Data dude gets far too much devotion from the Trekkies, unlike other, far superior ST characters.