"In Praise of Ambivalence - 'Young' Feminism, Gender Identity, and Free Speech"

h/t @whatdivawants

Skep tickle

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by Skep tickle »

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

dogen wrote:Wikipedia has an interesting article on aposematism.

https://archive.is/dScZ8

(props to KIA for spotting this).
There's too much aposematism in the Labour Party.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Skep tickle wrote:
Another phone snafu....

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Don't thank me...
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/aa/aaadd850 ... 27dda5.jpg

THANKS, Phil!

:lol:

(seriously though, excellent links!)

Guest_9bffa78b

Post by Guest_9bffa78b »

My thanks to Aneris for those musical links, and I'm glad you found something you liked on that youtube channel (not mine).
Not really very heavy, but an album I've listened to quite a lot over the past year or so is "Blue smoke, orange sky" by Bad Liquor Pond. More of a poppier 60's psychedelic style than psy/stoner rock. It's the guy from Brian Jonestown Massacre.
Oh, and I've been listening to Kyuss for years, I think they are a blueprint of sorts for a lot of bands that came since.

CaughtUpLockedOut

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Steersman wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
rayshul wrote:Unpopular opinion: I honestly think Carrier's okay. Of all the usual suspects I think he's the least creepy. And I have read everyone's comments on this because I just can't see this bloke as being a creep, even slightly. I'm sure he said 18+ not because he wanted to show how low he wanted to date but because he wanted to show he was open minded about age. His relationships seem to show a pattern for (and he seems to openly want) women his own age or older who are mature about sexual relationships and well experienced. I can't buy any risk for him being around others.

I mean I don't want to be the person to stand up for the dude but I feel like this is one of the ones where he's going to be totally vindicated if he ever scrapes the pennies together to push this further.
I have to agree with most of what you said. Little doubt that Carrier is a clueless narcissist and massive hypocrite, not to mention possessor of any number of other faults which make him look a complete bell end. A few things rub me the wrong way about the constant sniping at him.

.... Instances where older men manipulate the young into sexual relationships without giving them the space to consider are no doubt distasteful and potentially damaging, but that does not justify smearing everyone involved with a much younger partner as a predator. TBH, at 37 I ended up marrying a girl of 17. I won't go into details, but it was a case of helping out a housemate with visa problems. There was no sex involved although she did start dropping strong signals and I have no doubt that if I had given in it would have been me that got hurt. The point is that the power in young/old pairings is not necessarily unbalanced.

What I'm seeing is a picture of Carrier being built up by putting the worst spin on every little thing he does and that is very unlikely to give an accurate impression of the man. I get that the main thrust of what is happening is the illustration of what happens when you hold the SJWs to their own standards, but there is definitely some Motteing and Baileying happening, conscious or otherwise.
Indeed. Well said - both you and rayshul and kirbmarc. Among a few others.

But I was somewhat amused by your own tale as it reminds me that my own sister married - at about 19 - her high school English teacher - at about 32 or 34. They eventually divorced - after some 30+ years of marriage and 2 kids - so I'm certainly not willing to throw stones at those types of relationships. I think people forget - or have never learned - that people mature at different rates or times, and that such disparities in ages are not automatically cause for anathematization - much less burning people at the stake. Or that what was once a "marriage made in heaven" can become hell on wheels. But, as a case in point, reminds me again that Sacha (with a "c" as in cunt) told of her - at 14 or 16 or thereabouts - seducing the father of a friend of hers. Seems some questionable Miss-Grundy moralizing in play here.

I appreciate the stories. Honestly, but perhaps you've both forgotten exactly how much respect Carrier has for the institution of marriage. And if you haven't forgotten it, why do you think examples that include marriage would sway anyone from their conviction that what Carrier does is in a different league, and worthy of all the scorn he's getting?

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Shatterface wrote:

There's too much aposematism in the Labour Party.
Somewhat apropos of which:

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Billie from Ockham wrote:So, if my son and I were interested in a building game like Minecraft, but want good graphics, what is the suggestion, please?

Good is subjective. I completely disagree with Scented Nectar on the aesthetics of the game. I think it's beautiful, especially with maxed draw distance and an HD texture pack. That said, if you wanted a game with more granularity, but the same ability to reform and build at will, you could always decrease the dimensions of the blocks. The only alternative to the block approach I see is the ability to deform one large mesh, which is what a lot of games that allow you to alter the landscape do (Cities Skylines, for a recent example), but leads to a lot of clipping and other problems that Minecraft dodges seamlessly by having you destroying and placing discrete units.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Bah. I misread your post. I thought you wanted to build a game, not buy a building game. My suggestion is to ignore that philistine Scented Nectar, buy Minecraft, and download some HD textures :p

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

:hankey: Slymepit. It's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

jet_lagg wrote:Good is subjective. I completely disagree with Scented Nectar on the aesthetics of the game. I think it's beautiful, especially with maxed draw distance and an HD texture pack. That said, if you wanted a game with more granularity, but the same ability to reform and build at will, you could always decrease the dimensions of the blocks. The only alternative to the block approach I see is the ability to deform one large mesh, which is what a lot of games that allow you to alter the landscape do (Cities Skylines, for a recent example), but leads to a lot of clipping and other problems that Minecraft dodges seamlessly by having you destroying and placing discrete units.
I'm currently pootering around with Stonehearth - it has a similar style but it more like an RTS/RPG mash-up with block building at the foundational level. No pun intended.

Anyway, it's still in beta and has lots of bugs and optimization issues but the core is there.

http://stonehearth.net/

http://img10.deviantart.net/d89e/i/2015 ... 90uq87.png

It's a very relaxing and enjoyable wee game.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

I'm concerned that this constant pressure may be taking its toll on Dr. Carrier.

http://i.imgur.com/7eQEntK.png

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

Scented Nectar wrote:I'm going the peaceful explorer route myself, but might do a bit of trading as well.
That would be my interest too.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Malky wrote:
Billie from Ockham wrote:I've never seen this guy before, but he rocks.

[.youtube]ivOOM0PbNps[/youtube]
Which "Guy" do you mean? He is using the I never said that personally argument while having been spokesman for a side that promised no further immigration without control including Europe. It has also become laughably clear the Brexit side had no plan in place for having won the vote. The saddest part of this is that people voting to "keep Muslims out" seem to be to ignorant to know that this have very little to nothing to do with Europe. I am at least enjoying the fall out, especially Johnson being knifed by Gove although he was most probably politically dead anyway after this.
"No plan" doesn't seem much of a criticism - particularly as "Protocol 50" - or whatever - is already in place stipulating the general process. The decision is the crux of the matter, the first domino that has to fall before anything else can happen. And the people seem to have spoken rather clearly. But, as I have suggested, the turnout was greater for the referendum than there was for the last election, and the margin and the split may not have been much different, but I don't recollect a petition calling for a repetition of the voting:

However, I'll concede that there are more issues on the table than just immigration. But it seems crucial and highlights the fact that the EU has turned into a bit of bureaucratic and anti-democratic nightmare that either needs to be fixed or to have a wooden stake driven through its heart:

The reference there was to this post of Grayling's which I wasn't much impressed with.

But relative to the question of immigration, you might take a gander these Express articles:
Now Merkel's OWN government turns on her: German SPD claim ‘EU chaos is ALL her fault’

.... The German Chancellor has been widely criticised after the UK’s EU referendum on June 23, with several leading politicians claiming Mrs Merkel open-doors policy on refugees gave Euro sceptics the ammunition they needed to abandon the Euro bloc.

Speaking at a Brussels summit dinner earlier this week, David Cameron declared that a "sense there was no control on immigration or free movement" was to blame for the historic "Leave" vote. ....
And:
Austria warns it will LEAVE EU if Turkey wins controversial Brussels bid

Far-right party leader Norbert Hofer said Turkey joining the bloc could be the game changer that forces Austrians to call for an EU referendum in a bid to break away.

He said: “I believe that people are able to learn, that political structures are able to develop, and that Austria will contribute to making Europe better.

“There is one exception, however, that is if the EU decides to let Turkey join the Union. Austrians will have to be asked whether they want this.” ....

It comes after it emerged Mr Hofer will now have another chance to become the first far-right head of state in an EU country after the Freedom Party won its appeal.

Mr Hofer received 51.9 per cent of the initial result in the country's presidential elections, not counting absentee votes - a total that was described as a “political earthquake”. ....
Don't think many appreciate the degree to which Islam is fundamentally antithetical to Western democracy and human rights. And Turkey - whose Prime Minister (a thug by the look of it) recently insisted "there is no moderate Islam" - is a primary case in point.

In any case, to round out the coverage, a recent HeatStreet article on that Hannan "interview" by Amanpour.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

I'd have thought that by now it would be easy to see: The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

jet_lagg wrote:Minecraft is about building and surviving as much as it is exploring. You start off with your fists, stranded in an isolated land, and you're lucky to survive your first night. You'll probably spend it huddled in a small hole you dug I to the side of a hill, stacking lumber at the entrance to keep the horrors out. You'll be awake until the sun rises listening to them scratching at the earth outside.

By day two you've fashioned a crude hut and stone tools. You can start a quarry to gather materials for what will eventually be a fortress.

By day oh-my-god-how-long-have-i-been-playing-this you stand atop the battlements you built yourself, looking out over a landscaped valley dotted with the lighted windows from a dozen out buildings you also built yourself. You'll head downstairs to the elaborate trolley system (which you again built) which will take you deep into the even more elaborate mine system (which of course you dug) because there's another valley to conquer, and you'll be needing more steel.
My problem now is that I keep getting hopelessly lost when I go exploring, and can't find my way back to my house and mine. I've given up and started all over three times now.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
Billie from Ockham wrote:So, if my son and I were interested in a building game like Minecraft, but want good graphics, what is the suggestion, please?
Here's a Steam link of 'sandbox' games with 'building' checked: http://store.steampowered.com/tag/en/Sa ... ewReleases . Some look like good graphics and others bad. There's 106 results, but less when narrowed down by your operating system.
Thanks, but that might be too overwhelming. I'm a sheep. I was hoping for something like "buy Forest!"
My eldest boy suggested Lego Worlds from steam. Blocky but apparently fairly stable and cleaner graphics.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Yeah, I agree, Lego Worlds is where it's at.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

My eldest boy suggested Lego Worlds from steam. Blocky but apparently fairly stable and cleaner graphics
Old fogey here. I loved lego partly because of its limitations. One had to abstract a spaceship from a platform and some regular blocks. It was endless fun to create craft fit to explore other planets. When they started putting faces and wheels and weird non-block forms into the plastic, they began the ruin of lego.

/beer

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Ha! I misread it you and your son wanted to build a game.

Try Bridge Constructor.

http://bridgeconstructor.com

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

fuzzy wrote:
My eldest boy suggested Lego Worlds from steam. Blocky but apparently fairly stable and cleaner graphics
Old fogey here. I loved lego partly because of its limitations. One had to abstract a spaceship from a platform and some regular blocks. It was endless fun to create craft fit to explore other planets. When they started putting faces and wheels and weird non-block forms into the plastic, they began the ruin of lego.

/beer
I wanted round pieces for rockets, but beyond that, I agree.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

jet_lagg wrote:
Steersman wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: <snip>
I have to agree with most of what you said. Little doubt that Carrier is a clueless narcissist and massive hypocrite, not to mention possessor of any number of other faults which make him look a complete bell end. A few things rub me the wrong way about the constant sniping at him.

.... TBH, at 37 I ended up marrying a girl of 17. I won't go into details, but it was a case of helping out a housemate with visa problems. There was no sex involved although she did start dropping strong signals and I have no doubt that if I had given in it would have been me that got hurt. The point is that the power in young/old pairings is not necessarily unbalanced. ...
Indeed. Well said - both you and rayshul and kirbmarc. Among a few others.

But I was somewhat amused by your own tale as it reminds me that my own sister married - at about 19 - her high school English teacher - at about 32 or 34. .... Seems some questionable Miss-Grundy moralizing in play here.
I appreciate the stories. Honestly, but perhaps you've both forgotten exactly how much respect Carrier has for the institution of marriage. And if you haven't forgotten it, why do you think examples that include marriage would sway anyone from their conviction that what Carrier does is in a different league, and worthy of all the scorn he's getting?
Considering that something like 50% of first marriages end in divorce - the greatest percentage fail between the 4th & 8th anniversary, one might suggest that you have an overly romantic or dogmatic view on marriage. Seems the fact of the matter is that people's interests change - don't think it helps at all to insist that people have to stay together until the bitter end. While one might fault Carrier for not being "faithful", "loveless marriages" are a maybe regrettable fact of life. And I think trying to hold people to impossible standards is not helpful at all. Maybe he was a dickhead there too - and I'll concede there's apparently some justification for the charge in general - but I rather doubt you know for sure what the state of affairs there was, yet you, and no few others, seem prepared to crucify him regardless.

In addition, the "stories" seem to have less to do with marriage than with the issue of disparity in ages. As my story was designed to suggest, our own personal circumstances tend to colour our judgements. So I can understand the views of parents, particularly of a teenage daughter - "Oh my god! She's doing the nasty, and with a man twice her age!!!" But I don't think that justifies throwing reason and logic and facts to the wind, and giving "feelings" free rein to put its thumb on the scales - so to speak.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Watson trigger warning

In her new video she strikes out against a Victorian (Australia) huckster of training courses for schools (Giifted and talented program) on the basis of non course material related kooky views. So far so good.

In reality she sees this as an opportunity to inform us that Queen Bee herself was identified as Gifted at school - or was at least spirited away to the nerds class. In the space of a very short non story she managed to bring it back to herself a couple of times. At least she concedes her giftedness came from early reading rather than the gods.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/gifted-kids-have-5865751

Here Rebecca is overcome by taking her first "non working" vacation in 10 years. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Is this what normal people do? She opines "They get to relax? Wow sign me up"

She also warns that SkepchickCon may get reborn - but her "we'll see" doesn't bode well for success.

[youtube]Y7IsT2dANz0[/youtube]

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Steersman wrote:
Considering that something like 50% of first marriages end in divorce - the greatest percentage fail between the 4th & 8th anniversary, one might suggest that you have an overly romantic or dogmatic view on marriage. Seems the fact of the matter is that people's interests change - don't think it helps at all to insist that people have to stay together until the bitter end. While one might fault Carrier for not being "faithful", "loveless marriages" are a maybe regrettable fact of life. And I think trying to hold people to impossible standards is not helpful at all. Maybe he was a dickhead there too - and I'll concede there's apparently some justification for the charge in general - but I rather doubt you know for sure what the state of affairs there was, yet you, and no few others, seem prepared to crucify him regardless.

In addition, the "stories" seem to have less to do with marriage than with the issue of disparity in ages. As my story was designed to suggest, our own personal circumstances tend to colour our judgements. So I can understand the views of parents, particularly of a teenage daughter - "Oh my god! She's doing the nasty, and with a man twice her age!!!" But I don't think that justifies throwing reason and logic and facts to the wind, and giving "feelings" free rein to put its thumb on the scales - so to speak.
Carriers wasn't a loveless marriage. He just wanted poon.
After twenty years of marriage Jen and I have decided to get a divorce. Breakups are always painful, but we still love each other and remain friends, and there are few contentions between us. We wish each other all happiness. But we are no longer a good fit for each other.
And it was really his wife's fault. For secret reasons.
Several years ago, after about seventeen years of marriage, I had a few brief affairs, because I found myself unequipped to handle certain unusual circumstances in our marriage, which I won’t discuss here because they intrude on my wife’s privacy. In the process of that I also came to realize I can’t do monogamy and be happy. Since this was going to come to light eventually, about two years ago I confessed all of this to Jen and told her I still love her but I would certainly understand if she wanted a divorce
The poor girl did whatever she could to hold onto her life. Even accepting his cucking - despite having previously blogged that infidelity would kill her marriage.
Rather than divorce right away, Jen offered to try an alternative for a while to see if that would work for us
But what can a man do about his sexual orientation? Even if it takes 17 years of marriage to manifest.
The part about being open hasn’t been entirely a secret these last years (quite a few people were informed or aware, just not the general public), but Jen hadn’t come out to her family, so out of respect for her privacy I hadn’t blogged about it or discussed it publicly. But she has informed everyone close to her now, and we are no longer together. So I can make it official:

I am polyamorous.
:lol: :lol: :lol: What a loser.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Brive1987 wrote:Watson trigger warning

In her new video she strikes out against a Victorian (Australia) huckster of training courses for schools (Giifted and talented program) on the basis of non course material related kooky views. So far so good.

In reality she sees this as an opportunity to inform us that Queen Bee herself was identified as Gifted at school - or was at least spirited away to the nerds class. In the space of a very short non story she managed to bring it back to herself a couple of times.
She probably means special.

If they sit you with a bunch of kids tackling the hierarchy problem, you are gifted. If they sit you with kids eating each other's crayons, you're special.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

JackSkeptic wrote:
JackSkeptic wrote:Never believe your own propoganda. Her whole line of questioning and dissmisive arrogance is why Remain lost the vote. The vote was not won, it was lost. The regressives will never learn. It is the same reason Trump has a good chance of getting in. People are sick of being ignored and accused of motives, such as racism, they do not have.

If Remain had shut up they would have won.
Malky wrote:I agree Remain lost as they never presented the positives that came out of Europe and which have now been almost gleefully set out by the press. Remain never clearly set out the argument for remaining other tha Project Fear which was a terrible tactic.
It is not only Remain. It is also people like Myer's and the Tumblerinas of this world. People are getting sick of it. Their valid concerns are not only being ignored by their so called 'superiors' but many are being attack for holding any view outside whatever dogma of the day happens to be.

The petulance many have shown for losing tells me many have learned nothing. They either don't get it or chose not to.
You won a poll. Great! Good luck with that! Cherish the victory and maybe party with Sargon of Akkad. How cool is that, winning in a poll. If I could, I would come over and give you a earnest personal handshake. Great job!

[youtube]JW68goC4_es[/youtube]

Meanwhile the Pound Sterling lost about 10%. Someone will have to trigger Article 50. With luck, the markets already adjusted with the 10% loss, but you are probably looking at even bigger losses when the formal steps are initiated. And as posted before, the actual separation will be a third event. But hey, you won a poll! /slowclap

You can already see Brexiters waiting for any good news on any stock to still proclaim how great this all was, while the money in your pocket and your bank account has lost significantly. Maybe if your wages are cheap enough, someone will invest in Britain and not in China. That'll teach Europe a lesson!

But of course, you didn't win anything and your language reveals pure triablism. You call it petulance, but if someone burned 10% of my money, I would be somewhat miffed, too, especially if those people show no sign of checking back with reality and still want to insist that it's all a great victory. For whom exactly?

And no matter what Bremain people say, it's always "salty". When they don't want to see Article 50 triggered, Brexiters make fun of it. And when they say: come on, pull the trigger! They are also being made fun of. Basically, the same lesson as with the SJWs can be applied, which seem to be simply universals among certain people. They want to be right, at all costs, and this type seems even more common in the rationalist-secular-atheist-skeptic corner. It's filled with fair-weather skeptics who just by sheer accident don't believe in gods or are halfway right about some thing.

So what did you win? There was a poll with two options and one outcome was determined. The Bremain campaign has told you one outcome would be bad, and it was bad. They were even scorned for their warnings. And now what? They were right. You don't have the luxury to complain, because Brexit was clearly a bad idea, at this point. Had the pound gone up, you could afford to laugh about the "fear campaign". But now it looks like they truthfully informed what would happen, which then happened. But you didn't want to believe this, but rather believe wolves's concern for sheep, and how £350 million a week would go into NHS and something something immigration, thanks Obama Merkel!

It also has nothing to do with the world's problems in Britain. It also has nothing to do with "valid concerns", and Alt-Righters have practically destroyed the term "Regressives" anyway, once Dave Rubin and Sargon shared pictures of Merkel and Erdogan as "Regressives" (they are both conservatives, and Sam Harris makes us believe they are in the same camp as Noam Chomsky -- you cannot make this up). The poll had to do with Tory under pressure from the Right, the same as in Germany with the AFD/Pegida camp (as a reminder, Merkel is also from the nation's Conservative party, just like Cameron). Brexit people were duped by right wing and nationalist propaganda. That's the charitable explanation. The nationalists are ironically well connected in Europe.

[youtube]EbFhlfnJep0[/youtube]
(I'd put how Conservatives care for NHS, and how people believed this at the biggest laughs)

Mind you, I have no problem whatsoever with people who voted Brexit and now realize that it was maybe not such a good idea after all. That's reasonable. Even when you believe that it will be a good decision in the long run, you have to admit that it doesn't look good at this point. But many Brexit people don't do this, but instead seem to have abandoned reality altogether and feel all victorious even though at best some markets have calmed down. At the very best, the gashing wound is healing a little bit. Brexit people want to celebrate the modest healing of a wound (likely leaving a huge scar), without acknowledging the wound. That makes it seem somewhat insane.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Steersman wrote: Considering that something like 50% of first marriages end in divorce - the greatest percentage fail between the 4th & 8th anniversary, one might suggest that you have an overly romantic or dogmatic view on marriage. Seems the fact of the matter is that people's interests change - don't think it helps at all to insist that people have to stay together until the bitter end. While one might fault Carrier for not being "faithful", "loveless marriages" are a maybe regrettable fact of life. And I think trying to hold people to impossible standards is not helpful at all. Maybe he was a dickhead there too - and I'll concede there's apparently some justification for the charge in general - but I rather doubt you know for sure what the state of affairs there was, yet you, and no few others, seem prepared to crucify him regardless.

Fuck off and quit trying to obfuscate, pretending you don't know why the subject of marriage came up in the first place. You're the one that wanted to romanticize age differences in relationships by bringing up an anecdotal account that involved marriage (which if you'd thought for half a second you'd have realized doesn't apply in Carrier's case as he has no intention of marrying anyone). That's the issue.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

And it's coming back to me now that after Carrier's infidelity came to light you tried to argue you couldn't judge them because there might (might!) be mitigating circumstances. You couldn't point to anything like a mitigating circumstance, or even when challenged give us a hypothetical scenario of a mitigating circumstance, but we were rushing to judgment just the same.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Aneris wrote:You call it petulance, but if someone burned 10% of my money, I would be somewhat miffed, too, especially if those people show no sign of checking back with reality and still want to insist that it's all a great victory.
I know what you mean. When the stock market goes down by 10%, it is exactly like burning one-tenth of your money, because we all know that the stock market can't go back up again, so the money really is lost forever, exactly like burning it.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

In reality she sees this as an opportunity to inform us that Queen Bee herself was identified as Gifted at school - or was at least spirited away to the nerds class. In the space of a very short non story she managed to bring it back to herself a couple of times. At least she concedes her giftedness came from early reading rather than the gods.

Here Rebecca is overcome by taking her first "non working" vacation in 10 years. :lol: :lol: :lol:

She also warns that SkepchickCon may get reborn - but her "we'll see" doesn't bode well for success.

I see that she's completely given up on her appearance. I wonder what that signifies?

Really?

Post by Really? »

katamari Damassi wrote:

I see that she's completely given up on her appearance. I wonder what that signifies?
Wedding bells?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Really? wrote:
Wedding bells?
Humboldt County weed.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

katamari Damassi wrote:

That she's "comfortable in herself"?

/snicker

(I really am a pointless bastard!)

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

It seems the German contingent of our board is miffed with the Brexit. Am I mistaken? Why are they displeased? Inquiring minds and all that.

Billie from Ockham

katamari Damassi wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: [youtube]Y7IsT2dANz0[/youtube]
My first reaction to the frame of the video that appears above is that she buys her glasses-with-fake-nose-attached from the same source as Alex the Shrimp.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Aneris wrote:
You won a poll. Great! Good luck with that! Cherish the victory and maybe party with Sargon of Akkad. How cool is that, winning in a poll. If I could, I would come over and give you a earnest personal handshake. Great job!

[youtube]JW68goC4_es[/youtube]

Meanwhile the Pound Sterling lost about 10%. Someone will have to trigger Article 50. With luck, the markets already adjusted with the 10% loss, but you are probably looking at even bigger losses when the formal steps are initiated. And as posted before, the actual separation will be a third event. But hey, you won a poll! /slowclap

You can already see Brexiters waiting for any good news on any stock to still proclaim how great this all was, while the money in your pocket and your bank account has lost significantly. Maybe if your wages are cheap enough, someone will invest in Britain and not in China. That'll teach Europe a lesson!

But of course, you didn't win anything and your language reveals pure triablism. You call it petulance, but if someone burned 10% of my money, I would be somewhat miffed, too, especially if those people show no sign of checking back with reality and still want to insist that it's all a great victory. For whom exactly?

And no matter what Bremain people say, it's always "salty". When they don't want to see Article 50 triggered, Brexiters make fun of it. And when they say: come on, pull the trigger! They are also being made fun of. Basically, the same lesson as with the SJWs can be applied, which seem to be simply universals among certain people. They want to be right, at all costs, and this type seems even more common in the rationalist-secular-atheist-skeptic corner. It's filled with fair-weather skeptics who just by sheer accident don't believe in gods or are halfway right about some thing.

So what did you win? There was a poll with two options and one outcome was determined. The Bremain campaign has told you one outcome would be bad, and it was bad. They were even scorned for their warnings. And now what? They were right. You don't have the luxury to complain, because Brexit was clearly a bad idea, at this point. Had the pound gone up, you could afford to laugh about the "fear campaign". But now it looks like they truthfully informed what would happen, which then happened. But you didn't want to believe this, but rather believe wolves's concern for sheep, and how £350 million a week would go into NHS and something something immigration, thanks Obama Merkel!

It also has nothing to do with the world's problems in Britain. It also has nothing to do with "valid concerns", and Alt-Righters have practically destroyed the term "Regressives" anyway, once Dave Rubin and Sargon shared pictures of Merkel and Erdogan as "Regressives" (they are both conservatives, and Sam Harris makes us believe they are in the same camp as Noam Chomsky -- you cannot make this up). The poll had to do with Tory under pressure from the Right, the same as in Germany with the AFD/Pegida camp (as a reminder, Merkel is also from the nation's Conservative party, just like Cameron). Brexit people were duped by right wing and nationalist propaganda. That's the charitable explanation. The nationalists are ironically well connected in Europe.

[youtube]EbFhlfnJep0[/youtube]
(I'd put how Conservatives care for NHS, and how people believed this at the biggest laughs)

Mind you, I have no problem whatsoever with people who voted Brexit and now realize that it was maybe not such a good idea after all. That's reasonable. Even when you believe that it will be a good decision in the long run, you have to admit that it doesn't look good at this point. But many Brexit people don't do this, but instead seem to have abandoned reality altogether and feel all victorious even though at best some markets have calmed down. At the very best, the gashing wound is healing a little bit. Brexit people want to celebrate the modest healing of a wound (likely leaving a huge scar), without acknowledging the wound. That makes it seem somewhat insane.
That read like a Fat Acceptance sermon... about how all the girls who lose dozens of pounds of useless flab... are doomed to become more miserable, more unhealthy, and consumed with regret.

No pain, no gain.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

rayshul wrote:Unpopular opinion: I honestly think Carrier's okay. Of all the usual suspects I think he's the least creepy. And I have read everyone's comments on this because I just can't see this bloke as being a creep, even slightly. I'm sure he said 18+ not because he wanted to show how low he wanted to date but because he wanted to show he was open minded about age. His relationships seem to show a pattern for (and he seems to openly want) women his own age or older who are mature about sexual relationships and well experienced. I can't buy any risk for him being around others.

I mean I don't want to be the person to stand up for the dude but I feel like this is one of the ones where he's going to be totally vindicated if he ever scrapes the pennies together to push this further.
Totally agree, he is a hypocrite and I understand the pit's glee of him being hoisted by his own petard. Though outside of feminist/SJW land the guy did nothing wrong. I personally don't want to legitimise the feminist/SJW standard of human courtship.

Billie from Ockham

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:It seems the German contingent of our board is miffed with the Brexit. Am I mistaken? Why are they displeased? Inquiring minds and all that.
I'd be tempted to say that this has something to do with having fewer other countries helping to pay for Greece and provide jobs for Polish plumbers, etc, but we all know that it's really because they'll be stuck with more of the Syrian Moslems. amirite?

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

FFS i think my sides have just left orbit. :lol:

Really?

Post by Really? »

DaveDodo007 wrote:

Totally agree, he is a hypocrite and I understand the pit's glee of him being hoisted by his own petard. Though outside of feminist/SJW land the guy did nothing wrong. I personally don't want to legitimise the feminist/SJW standard of human courtship.
The best way to defeat the feminist/SJW view of the world is to ridicule it endlessly and to hold these maniacs to their own standards to demonstrate they are impossible to follow.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:It seems the German contingent of our board is miffed with the Brexit. Am I mistaken? Why are they displeased? Inquiring minds and all that.
I'd be tempted to say that this has something to do with having fewer other countries helping to pay for Greece and provide jobs for Polish plumbers, etc, but we all know that it's really because they'll be stuck with more of the Syrian Moslems. amirite?
YOU ARE A RACIST! :o

Billie from Ockham

free thoughtpolice wrote:YOU ARE A RACIST! :o
Only my quarter that is German. My five eighths that are Polish are just looking for a sink to fix, while my last eighth that is French is hoping that there isn't a trampoline in the kitchen.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Malky wrote:

[youtube]ivOOM0PbNps[/youtube]

Which "Guy" do you mean? He is using the I never said that personally argument while having been spokesman for a side that promised no further immigration without control including Europe. It has also become laughably clear the Brexit side had no plan in place for having won the vote. The saddest part of this is that people voting to "keep Muslims out" seem to be to ignorant to know that this have very little to nothing to do with Europe. I am at least enjoying the fall out, especially Johnson being knifed by Gove although he was most probably politically dead anyway after this.
Why should Brexit have a plan? The people voted on whether we stay in the EU or not. Now the government should earn their salary for once and do their job.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

So gifted she has to beg for money. :lol: God I see loads of gifted people asking me for "any spare change" all the time.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Really? wrote: Zvan is brave. She jumped in and used her considerable pull in the community to protect women from Carrier...after everyone else did so. And she had the gall to say she knew about it for a long time.

So brave.

So brave.
The only fucking pull Zvan has is gravitational.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Tigzy wrote:
HunnyBunny wrote:2016 sucks. Caroline Aherne has died at 52 :(

Royale Family was brilliant comedy.
Bloody shame. First class comedy writer and performer. "So what first attracted you to the millionaire Paul Daniels?" Legend. :lol:
Yep. Ricky Tomlinson was great too.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

DaveDodo007 wrote:

So gifted she has to beg for money. :lol: God I see loads of gifted people asking me for "any spare change" all the time.
The phrase 'born on third base/ thinks he hit a home run' comes to mind. In this case, born on 3rd... built a little empire to congratulate herself for it + blame others for why she never reached home plate.

I was deemed gifted in the same useless way as her. It's a curse to tell a kid their satisfying future will be just as effortless as early grades of school. Great way to create an underachiever.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

BTW, tomorrow - 3rd July - will be the Pit's fourth birthday!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

[youtube]taWWQNUSBdM[/youtube]

Really?

Post by Really? »

Service Dog wrote:[youtube]taWWQNUSBdM[/youtube]
So we have some slut shaming, that's always nice. I can't help but notice that the video falls in line with feminist dogma. They wanted to deconstruct gender roles, so men would no longer be expected to be loyal to one woman and provide for her and any children.

And ladies, there would be no "fuckboys" if women didn't give them what they want.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Hermant Mehta at Friendly Atheist is a weasel. He will go all day and night about Christians who don't understand separation of church and state and the like. But he rarely talks about Islamicists. He has a guest poster - Terry Firma - who was doing it, but he seems to have gone silent on the subject. So, after the Bangladesh terrorism, nothing, but Hermant had many posts of the Christian symbol displayed on public property stuff. I had this to say on a blog entry about a Christian cross or some such thing on a watertower:

I see Herman has gone silent on Islamic terrorism. But, man, he is on top of Christian symbols on a watertower. If it had been a Muslim terrorist shooting a dozen people from the top of that tower he wouldn't have mentioned it. Keep us informed of Christian symbols on top of America's watertowers Hermant. Keep us safe.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Lsuoma wrote:BTW, tomorrow - 3rd July - will be the Pit's fourth birthday!
Thanks for the 4 years, Boss, it's been a blast. You are the best! :clap: :dance:

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

Like Minecraft in what ways, and what do you mean by good graphics?

Like Minecraft, in unlimited capacity for building, and for modifying the environment?

I'm not sure what, if anything, anyone sees wrong with the graphics in Minecraft, other than the blocky appearance and the size of the blocks. The blocks are half the height of the player's character, but there's a lot of detail on the faces of the blocks. Have you watched any Minecraft game-play videos?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Pepakura.

http://makezine.com/2012/11/09/prop-bui ... apercraft/

http://makezine.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... elmet1.jpg

http://img15.deviantart.net/9cca/i/2013 ... 6bry9t.jpg

http://img07.deviantart.net/b6fb/i/2014 ... 7esyzi.jpg

Really?

Post by Really? »

Ape+lust wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:BTW, tomorrow - 3rd July - will be the Pit's fourth birthday!
Thanks for the 4 years, Boss, it's been a blast. You are the best! :clap: :dance:
Yes, thank you. I don't know what would have happened in a Pit-less world. Would FTB still be united? Would Radford still be fighting Stollznow? Would Avicenna still be stealing posts when he wasn't performing brain surgeries?

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Lsuoma wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
HunnyBunny wrote:2016 sucks. Caroline Aherne has died at 52 :(

Royale Family was brilliant comedy.
Bloody shame. First class comedy writer and performer. "So what first attracted you to the millionaire Paul Daniels?" Legend. :lol:
Yep. Ricky Tomlinson was great too.
I was talking about this to my 25 yr old daughter last night, who is normally reasonably sensible. She had no idea who Caroline Aherne was or seen the Royle Family, so we watched an episode. She thought it was awful for middle-class people (aka Aherne) to make fun of poor people like that. And her Mrs Merton line about "So what first attracted you to the millionaire Paul Daniels?" was sexist. :roll:

Tonight I'm going to discuss the Bangladeshi terrorist attack, see how far the rot has set in.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

Billie from Ockham wrote:Thanks, but that might be too overwhelming. I'm a sheep. I was hoping for something like "buy Forest!"
Just now I tried a Web search typing "sandbox games with better graphics" without the quote marks. I haven't looked very deeply into the results, but these might interest you:
- Minecraft + TexturePack and Shaders
- Wurm Online

If those aren't going in the right direction for you, could you spell out some more what you're looking for?

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

Partly :nin: by Jet_Lagg.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Really? wrote:
Service Dog wrote:[youtube]taWWQNUSBdM[/youtube]
So we have some slut shaming, that's always nice. I can't help but notice that the video falls in line with feminist dogma. They wanted to deconstruct gender roles, so men would no longer be expected to be loyal to one woman and provide for her and any children.

And ladies, there would be no "fuckboys" if women didn't give them what they want.
I don't fault the musicians for making a song in the first person, which captures an au courant Point Of View. Even if that POV is repulsive.

And I trust the intent of their joke-- is to take a new, trashy bit of slang & juxtapose it against nostalgic olde-tymey music... to suggest that fuckboyism is a step-backward from a sweeter time.

Buuuuut...

I wonder if they'll get called-out for using Jim Crow Era costumes & symbols... to show white women saying a black dude is worthless, except for his cock. And he is deserving of scorn (perhaps punishment!) for how he treats decent white women.

Or, take away the costumes, and they're saying today's black dude is a lazy bum, who doesn't practice safe sex, & is incapable of providing for a wife & family.

Yeah, the guy in the video Just Happens to be black. But the term Fuck Boy is huge in black slang right now.