The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
Service Dog

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by Service Dog »

I've been using a diet app for a week. "Today's Tip" for developing a better body image is...

http://i.imgur.com/bGIO9rV.jpg

Ok. I choose... The Jewz.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:Who, apart from Steersman, needs their view of Muslims "diversified"? ... How is knowing that Abdul down the road is a peaceable dude ...
ROTFL! Consider how it happened that you chose the name "Abdul" for your hypothetical Muslim.

What I mean by diversifying people's images of Muslims, is for people's images of Muslims to include people who are indistinguishable in their appearance, attitudes and behavior from most of their own friends, neighbors, and other people around them in their everyday lives.

This example doesn't have all the diversity that I would like to see, but it might give you a better idea of what I mean by diversifying people's images of Muslims:
[youtube]gVDIXqILqSM[/youtube]

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

jimhabegger wrote:I'm curious about how much of a role the issue of Syrian refugees played in the campaign for Brexit, explicitly or implicitly, and how much difference the result of the referendum will actually make. Did any of the leading promoters of Brexit openly appeal to anti-immigration interests, and if so, how much compared to other interests? How much difference does anyone think it will actually make in the UK's immigration policies, if it actually does withdraw from the EU?
I doubt anyone had to say anything.

Is there really anyone in the UK completely ignorant as the events involving migrants/refuges and rape and sexual assault in say Germany and Sweden? If there are I suspect they are a minority.

Hence all the salt about racism.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Tigzy wrote:
Oh fuck. Steers has been moved to comment over there, and has already raised the issue of 'blacks' and 'racism'. Not in the way one generally fears, but it doesn't take much to get Steers heading off into that ol' nigger/cunt territory. Also Steers, you borked the link to the Atheism Plus glossary.
Perhaps it's a tradeoff, but this Luke Barnes comment is hilarious:
I see that, as a victim of Carrier's devastating critiques myself (http://freethoughtblogs.com/carrier/archives/9429), I'm in good company. If you despair at Carrier's rants about history, then you can imagine his shattering impact in my fields of mathematics and physics. I've summarised everything wrong with Carrier's "Bayesian" efforts here: https://letterstonature.wordpress.com/2 ... d-carrier/

Do we need an acronym? I propose: Allied Survivors of Savage Carrierian Rancour And Nuanced KnockoutS (ASSCRANKS).
And while we're at it, why does PZ want to continue to profit off of a self-confessed sexual harasser? Why hasn't FTB eliminated the whole blog by now?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

jimhabegger wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:Who, apart from Steersman, needs their view of Muslims "diversified"? ... How is knowing that Abdul down the road is a peaceable dude ...
ROTFL! Consider how it happened that you chose the name "Abdul" for your hypothetical Muslim.

What I mean by diversifying people's images of Muslims, is for people's images of Muslims to include people who are indistinguishable in their appearance, attitudes and behavior from most of their own friends, neighbors, and other people around them in their everyday lives.

This example doesn't have all the diversity that I would like to see, but it might give you a better idea of what I mean by diversifying people's images of Muslims:
I suppose I should mention that calling someone Abdul (which means slave) is an insult. There is no insult in Abdullah (slave of God), quite the contrary actually.

Steers may be interested in another word for slave. Abeed is a derogatory term usually aimed at someone who is black. Perhaps I do him no favours by telling him this?

Really?

Post by Really? »

AndrewV69 wrote:
jimhabegger wrote:I'm curious about how much of a role the issue of Syrian refugees played in the campaign for Brexit, explicitly or implicitly, and how much difference the result of the referendum will actually make. Did any of the leading promoters of Brexit openly appeal to anti-immigration interests, and if so, how much compared to other interests? How much difference does anyone think it will actually make in the UK's immigration policies, if it actually does withdraw from the EU?
I doubt anyone had to say anything.

Is there really anyone in the UK completely ignorant as the events involving migrants/refuges and rape and sexual assault in say Germany and Sweden? If there are I suspect they are a minority.

Hence all the salt about racism.
Isn't it bigoted to apply our own cultural values to those who have suffered so much? Those in the West need to understand that bangers and mash is just as valid as sushi. Kimonos matter just as much as Western wedding dresses. Traditions in which Muslim men get together in packs and sexually assault women are the same as Americans who like to barbecue and play horseshoes on Independence Day.

Erase the hate, people. Decolonialize your understanding of the world.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Really? wrote: Isn't it bigoted to apply our own cultural values to those who have suffered so much? Those in the West need to understand that bangers and mash is just as valid as sushi. Kimonos matter just as much as Western wedding dresses. Traditions in which Muslim men get together in packs and sexually assault women are the same as Americans who like to barbecue and play horseshoes on Independence Day.

Erase the hate, people. Decolonialize your understanding of the world.
Aye. Celebrate diversity. Especially the rape part. Man, if I had only known I a free rape pass 30 years ago.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

d4m10n wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:
d4m10n wrote:
Of course not. I was merely pointing out that Kirbmarc's list was missing a few things that really do drive voter behaviour.

Some of the pro-Brexit rationalizations have already fallen apart on their own, most notably the one on the side of the tour bus.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06 ... a-mistake/
If you had seen the propaganda from both sides it was despicable as I have already pointed out here. We had everything from WW3 to Syria joining the EU. If anybody didn't vote for their own reasons then they were gullible morons and show me a democracy that doesn't give gullible morons the vote.
The U.S. Constitution is notoriously difficult to amend, in part because we don't put national affairs to simple majority popular plebiscite.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
We do it all the time, they're called elections... You might have missed them.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

jimhabegger wrote:

I found those dancing jigaboos to be quite persuasive. What other amusing quirks do muslims offer? Can we put Simon Cowell in charge of Immigration?

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

AndrewV69 wrote:
jimhabegger wrote:

I suppose I should mention that calling someone Abdul (which means slave) is an insult. There is no insult in Abdullah (slave of God), quite the contrary actually.

Steers may be interested in another word for slave. Abeed is a derogatory term usually aimed at someone who is black. Perhaps I do him no favours by telling him this?
Au contraire: I look forward to him explaining to someone named Abdullah that his name actually means nigger of god. :drool: .

Ericb

Post by Ericb »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I don't have time to check so I assume this has been chewed over. But it's lunchtime and a man has to eat.

http://i.imgur.com/3PcfhGg.jpg

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

I'm curious if anyone here would deny that "Arabs" is a racial classification, and if anyone here would deny that the images that come to most people's minds when they think of Muslims are images of Arabs.

free thoughtpolice

Some youtube action of some goofy mideastern godbots:
[youtube]Qz3oWmDUW1Q[/youtube]
( I know jimbo. not all Bahai are like that)

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

Andrew, Service Dog and free thoughtpolice, thank you for helping to diversify people's images of Muslims!

Really?

Post by Really? »

Brive1987 wrote:I don't have time to check so I assume this has been chewed over. But it's lunchtime and a man has to eat.

I heard a little bit about this. It's retarded. How the fuck does anyone know what Taylor Swift's labia look like? (Aside from the boyfriends, obviously.)

And how many fucking jokes are there about cocks?

They're trying to make this into an #everydayfeminism thing where women are "labia shamed" because god knows that heterosexual men will say the meanest possible things to a woman about her labia when he's trying to fuck her.

free thoughtpolice

jimhabegger wrote:I'm curious if anyone here would deny that "Arabs" is a racial classification, and if anyone here would deny that the images that come to most people's minds when they think of Muslims are images of Arabs.
Actually "Arabs" tends to describe arab language speakers as well as the Afro-asian semitic people that live in the where the Arabia peninsula and Africa intersect. It has more than one meaning.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Some youtube action of some goofy mideastern godbots:
:lol: I love it!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

jimhabegger wrote:I'm curious if anyone here would deny that "Arabs" is a racial classification, and if anyone here would deny that the images that come to most people's minds when they think of Muslims are images of Arabs.
Im starting to understand why the left has difficulty choosing between gays & muslims. Jim is being so gay right now. He's kinda displacing all the room in my heart for regular gays.

Really?

Post by Really? »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Some youtube action of some goofy mideastern godbots:
Damn. That is some satire at its best. It's equal parts terrifying, sad and funny. Thanks for bringing it up here.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

jimhabegger wrote:Andrew, Service Dog and free thoughtpolice, thank you for helping to diversify people's images of Muslims!
Just because I wouldn't want you to think that I'm not doing my part ...:

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Actually "Arabs" tends to describe arab language speakers as well as the Afro-asian semitic people that live in the where the Arabia peninsula and Africa intersect. It has more than one meaning.
I agree. Actually, my question was poorly stated.

It looks to me like the most common stereotypes of Muslims, and the stereotypes of Muslims that are being promoted in the media, are racial stereotypes. I'm wondering if anyone here would deny that.

I'm just wondering if people are really serious when they say that it can't be about race "because Islam is not a race," or if they're just bluffing.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Brive1987 wrote:I don't have time to check so I assume this has been chewed over. But it's lunchtime and a man has to eat.

Look up "badly packed kebab".

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

Steersman wrote:
jimhabegger wrote:Andrew, Service Dog and free thoughtpolice, thank you for helping to diversify people's images of Muslims!
:lol: Every little bit helps. Thanks! :roll:

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

On the feminist card pack that received $30K but was never completed:
http://notyourgoodfatty.com/kiva-bay-po ... am-artist/

Really?

Post by Really? »

Skep tickle wrote:On the feminist card pack that received $30K but was never completed:
It looks like we're taking back "fatty" now.

THAT'S OUR WORD.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

Service Dog wrote:Jim is being so gay right now.
Please stop depreciating gays, by calling me gay.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Skep tickle wrote:On the feminist card pack that received $30K but was never completed:
I am reading now.

1) Shouldn't there be some kind of accountability when an artist depicts themselves so differently in art as they are in real life? I'm not shaming, I am just speaking in terms of honesty. If I go on a blind date with a woman and tell her that I look like Denzel Washington, but a few inches taller and I'm really a short, fat white man...that's a problem.

2) I still don't get the "feminist deck." I thought it was supposed to mean "deck of cards," but it applied to stickers originally?

3) Are any of the "feminist heroes" in the "deck" actual fucking scientists or fucking doctors or fucking high achievers? There's Heina and Greta and Anita and Roxane Gay, but I don't know if there's anyone who actually does science shit or who actually advances women who need it. Give me people like Ayaan, who are trying to free women from genital mutilation. (At the least. Doctors and scientists are cool, too.)

4) At least Kiva admits that "harassment" is either bullshit or all from the people she bilked for one hell of a mad money get high fund.
July 5th Kiva announces an…announcement that will cause a lot of “harassment”. Yes ” harassment” because blatantly stealing 30,000 is worth pointing out. Now some of you may look at all the provided evidence above and still feel like she was actually going to finish this project, please allow me to explain why it was all a scam.
Do we think that any of the Feminist Deck will admit that they were wrong to grant the use of their image? That this Kickstarter was only slightly less repulsive than Anita's?

5)
The coloring book was also supposed to make it out in December of 2015 and was only 30 pages, Kiva had already shown enough art to easily send this off to be printed and shipped but once again that never happened.
Maybe I'm an asshole, but shouldn't coloring books be for kids who don't have fine motor control and stuff? Why not make your own art? If you are a grownup, please grab a piece of paper and crayons, markers or pencils and let your muse flow. Instead, these simpletons want to color inside the lines to glorify women who demand everyone else obey their lines.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Steersman wrote:
Somewhat apropos of Trav's apparent predilection for some rather odious self-flagellation - no doubt brought on by an over-dose of the FTB/SJW KoolAid - something that apparently takes the cake:
Whenever a person talks in a narcissistic manner I`ve always called it 'verbal masturbation.'

This pathetic Trav guy and the apologetic rape victim, from now on I`m calling that cuckery `verbal castration.`

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

This is why I've become so disillusioned with Kickstarter. Two projects I've successfully backed, Leisure Suit Larry and Broken Age. The latter was wracked with difficulties and delays, but at least it came out. The third project, Spacequest (or Space Venture), is still in its development stage and I backed it...four fucking years ago! Kickstarter played us all for suckers and we fell for it. Hook, line and sinker. All the same, the developers for Space Venture still hasn't given up and are still giving updates. They haven't cut and run, even if they have tried the Double Fine model of selling something else to get more money.

But Kiva Bay has clearly thrown in the towel. She's not going to finish her project and her pledges get nothing to show for it. And what does she have to say in her defense? She's bipolar. Boo-fucking-hoo. If you accept 30K in donations you better have something, anything, to show for it. She's got zilch. And now she's abandoning her obligations. Is Kickstarter going to do anything about this? Sue? They did for that one guy, whoever it was, can't remember exactly. However they've already refused to take Sarkeesian to task even though she said she wouldn't finish her campaign, despite the fact that she got almost $160,000. That's fucking shameful if you ask me. I've pretty much lost all faith in crowdfunding platforms. Corrupt pieces of shit.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

jimhabegger wrote:
Service Dog wrote:Jim is being so gay right now.
Please stop depreciating gays, by calling me gay.
I wonder how Walter Ego is doing. He'd make a good foil for you Jim. A gentle sweetheart. Used to post here.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

Pitchguest wrote:Two projects I've successfully backed, Leisure Suit Larry and Broken Age.
You backed Broken Age? WoW! Thanks! I loved it! More than any other mobile game I've played.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Pitchguest wrote:
This is why I've become so disillusioned with Kickstarter. Two projects I've successfully backed, Leisure Suit Larry and Broken Age. The latter was wracked with difficulties and delays, but at least it came out. The third project, Spacequest (or Space Venture), is still in its development stage and I backed it...four fucking years ago! Kickstarter played us all for suckers and we fell for it. Hook, line and sinker. All the same, the developers for Space Venture still hasn't given up and are still giving updates. They haven't cut and run, even if they have tried the Double Fine model of selling something else to get more money.

But Kiva Bay has clearly thrown in the towel. She's not going to finish her project and her pledges get nothing to show for it. And what does she have to say in her defense? She's bipolar. Boo-fucking-hoo. If you accept 30K in donations you better have something, anything, to show for it. She's got zilch. And now she's abandoning her obligations. Is Kickstarter going to do anything about this? Sue? They did for that one guy, whoever it was, can't remember exactly. However they've already refused to take Sarkeesian to task even though she said she wouldn't finish her campaign, despite the fact that she got almost $160,000. That's fucking shameful if you ask me. I've pretty much lost all faith in crowdfunding platforms. Corrupt pieces of shit.
Not to mention that all of the "feminist deck" drawings are a couple dozen lines that are easily filled in with illustration software. It's not like the woman was painting Rembrandt-worthy masterworks for each of them.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Jim,

People here already know that being a Muslim is a matter of religion and are not a race. We all know that there are cafeteria Muslims, who eat bacon, drink like a fish & get drunk as a lord.

We all know Muslims who are the nicest sweetest civilized people who we would be happy to have a neighbors.

However,

The Muslims people here discuss are none of the above, so I can see how you can get the wrong impression. Please no not assume we represent the average John.Q.Public.

We are anything but (to say the least) normal people here. As a matter of fact some of us are downright weird (not calling names, nor looking in the mirror either).

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Also if you are Brit you tend to think Paki?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Muslims are diverse, you say? That's what MIRVs are for.

{/steerz]

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

FtB's business model is catching stray hits for "Taylor Swift Vagina".

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Steersman wrote:
The price goes down the older she is. Unless she has blond hair. Anyway, I will wait till she is 14-16. Should be half price by then. Or I could get a 20-22 yr. old at 1/10 the price.

Because I am cheap I will probably settle for an old maid of 23.

Nowadays prices start quite high by comparison to just a couple of years ago. The range is now from US$500-US$2,000. Compare and contrast with this old price list:

- A woman aged 40 to 50 - 50,000 dinars (£27)
- A woman aged 30 to 40 - 75,000 dinars (£40)
- A woman aged 20 to 30 - 100,000 dinars (£53)
- A girl, aged 10 to 20 - 150,000 dinars (£80)
- A child under nine - 200,000 dinars (£106)

WTF are they doing? They captured lot and lots of slave women so prices should have remained low. That implies that they are using them up quite rapidly, hence the price increase all around.

They have no respect for their own property is what it looks like.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Patheos atheist blogger throws herself a pity party. Only 2 people attend. She suffers terrible microaggressions at work, like mansplaining, and men talking over her, but she wants you to know that she is bravely sacrificing her well being by fighting for inclusion and diversity.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/raindevil/ ... what-cost/

katamari Damassi

Patheos atheist blogger throws herself a pity party. Only 2 people attend. She suffers terrible microaggressions at work, like mansplaining, and men talking over her, but she wants you to know that she is bravely sacrificing her well being by fighting for inclusion and diversity.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/raindevil/ ... what-cost/

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

The important thing is, it`s not a Muslim female genitalia sammich. Cause that would be Islamaphobic, and that`s bad.
And if the sammich had used whole wheat buns that would be really bad, for two reasons. First, Taylor is white, not whole wheat, and we all know white women don`t have buns.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

The point is, whole wheat is cultural appropriation.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

dolo ‏@doloyeung Jul 1
Richard Carrier is the prosecutor's star witness in his own damn show trial and injustice never felt so just

dolo ‏@doloyeung Jul 1
is that a rape whistle around his neck? the purpose is to signal "come help" not "come watch" you sick freak

dolo ‏@doloyeung Jul 1
Atheism plus sexual harassment of purple haired fat chicks with lip rings

dolo ‏@doloyeung Jul 1
the lack of WOC accusers against Richard Carrier is indicative of the troubling racial attitudes of white sex fiends

dolo ‏@doloyeung Jul 1
White men aren't raping black women in america and no-one is doing a thing about it.

dolo ‏@doloyeung Jul 1
why was Richard Carrier making a big deal of his polyamory when evidently he couldn't even bag chicks at skeptic conferences?

dolo ‏@doloyeung Jul 1
having 0 of an unbound total number of sexual partners is not polyamorous. Polyamorous is not greek for loser

dolo ‏@doloyeung Jul 1
while losers like you sit at home dreaming about having a girlfriend the STUD Richard Carrier is dreaming about having 5 girlfriends

dolo ‏@doloyeung Jul 1
chump Richard Carrier only became polyamorous to make do you have a girlfriend non binary

"I presently have between 0 and 100 girlfriends"

SM12

Post by SM12 »

You obviously have never been to Britain where Muslim is virtually a synonym for people from Pakistan or Bangladesh.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Jim,

People here already know that being a Muslim is a matter of religion and are not a race. We all know that there are cafeteria Muslims, who eat bacon, drink like a fish & get drunk as a lord.

We all know Muslims who are the nicest sweetest civilized people who we would be happy to have a neighbors.

However,

The Muslims people here discuss are none of the above, so I can see how you can get the wrong impression. Please no not assume we represent the average John.Q.Public.

We are anything but (to say the least) normal people here. As a matter of fact some of us are downright weird (not calling names, nor looking in the mirror either).
However much anyone might deny it, even to themselves, all the alarms I see people raising about Islam and Muslims look to me like they're coming from people who devalue Muslims in general, which I see as being facilitated by people devaluing each other across race lines. That doesn't mean that I think that everything that's being said is false, or that people shouldn't be saying it. I don't think that. I think that there's some truth in some of it, and it's important to me for people to say whatever they think needs to be said. I think it's irrelevant, and wrong, to try to discredit what they're saying, by stigmatizing it as anti-Muslim and/or racist. Even if what they're saying is motivated by prejudice, that doesn't make it false, and it doesn't make it right to dismiss what they're saying.

That might look like what I'm doing, because I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with what any of it. I won't try to explain my reasons for that. I'll just say, again, that it doesn't mean that I don't think there's any truth in it. It doesn't even mean that I'm not listening to it, and considering it. Does it matter to anyone here what I think about it? If so, I'll try to explain it.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

SM12 wrote:
You obviously have never been to Britain where Muslim is virtually a synonym for people from Pakistan or Bangladesh.
Thank you.

Would anyone here deny that the images that come to most people's minds when they think of Muslims, are people that they see as being across some racial divide from them?

katamari Damassi

Shives interviews Hughes about TJ's horrible racism.

[youtube]aBTQ3JhY4Us[/youtube]

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

jimhabegger wrote:
SM12 wrote:
Thank you.

Would anyone here deny that the images that come to most people's minds when they think of Muslims, are people that they see as being across some racial divide from them?
I would, even truthfully. But don't let it interfere with your preconceptions.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Personally I devalue muslims because I think anyone who believes this clearly fabricated medieval claptrap to be gullible at best, although I recognise there is obviously a strong cultural element where one is born into islamic societies. For me race doesn't come into it, in fact I find this guy much more offensive than any arab or asian muslim.

https://www.jihadwatch.org/wp-content/u ... -Uddin.jpg

It's important to keep ridiculing islam wherever possible, showing it to be false and incompatible with modern civilised society is a worthwhile furrow to be ploughing.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Because I'm happyyyyyyyyy
happy
Happy
Clap along... if you feel... like a room without a roof
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cg8rFAdWYAAU_eq.jpg

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

MacGruberKnows wrote:

The important thing is, it`s not a Muslim female genitalia sammich. Cause that would be Islamaphobic, and that`s bad.
And if the sammich had used whole wheat buns that would be really bad, for two reasons. First, Taylor is white, not whole wheat, and we all know white women don`t have buns.
And it is deli meat, which makes it pretty much pork byproduct. Which makes it like a lot of micro-aggressions in one sammich with reference to all Muslims. And all people who want real meat in their sammiches. And now the animal firsters will accuse me of non-animal firstism cause I put Muslims and all other people ahead of pigs.

I need an exit strategy.

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

Git wrote:Re the "Not all Brexiters are racist" sanctimonious claptrap, which was invented by that sanctimonious cunt himself, Billy Bragg (who is so much in love with the "diversity" that he advocates that he now lives in a gated mansion in 98‰-honky Dorset), it should really be a logical fallacy.

Let's reverse-engineer it to make it more applicable:

"Not all Billy Bragg fans are twats.
But all twats are Billy Bragg fans".
I like how you've chosen to illustrate a logical fallacy by using ad hominem.

OH THE IRONY

:cdc:

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Happy birthday Aneris (if FB doesn't lie).

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:14 pm • [Post 24520]
Lsuoma wrote: BTW, Service Dog, if you ever post anything like the Twerky Turkey again, expect to have your image rights REVOKED!
From Miley's turkey hole to Taylor's ham flaps. La plus ca change.

Guest_694a0679

Post by Guest_694a0679 »

MacGruberKnows wrote:First, Taylor is white, not whole wheat, and we all know white women don`t have buns.
Taylor Swift, pretty as she is, has no ass at all. AT ALL.

Bets on "Jennifer Mayers" being a legit right-winger vs a channer troll?

SM12

Post by SM12 »

jimhabegger wrote:
SM12 wrote:
Thank you.

Is it my fault if Muslims never appoint white Imams?

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

Stupid Godbot Sock Puppet Toy wrote:Would anyone here deny that the images that come to most people's minds when they think of Muslims, are people that they see as being across some racial divide from them?
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:I would, even truthfully. But don't let it interfere with your preconceptions.
Well, that satisfies my curiosity. Thanks.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

jimhabegger wrote: Would anyone here deny that the images that come to most people's minds when they think of Muslims, are people that they see as being across some racial divide from them?
*shrug*

Could be. I for one do not care what others think. I will point out that Muslims come from all kinds of backgrounds. But if they do not listen I do not care either. Their problem. Not mine.

In any event,Razib Khan points out something that we should all be familiar with by now.
Terrorist ideologues are often from privileged backgrounds. Marc Sageman has presented the most thorough ethnographies that I know of, and they’re rather clear. Generally middle to upper class, often with a technical background. Also a disproportionate number of converts. Many people with cosmopolitan backgrounds, in term of having exposure to other cultures and traveling.
People here are generally interested in the truth and supporting facts. Pretty fair to say they do not give a fuck about whose pwecious fee-fees might get hurt in the process.

Did you see them ribbing me about observing Ramadan? That was pretty mild. Not up to the usual Slymepit standards I must say.

So you can be blunt here too Jim. It will not affect how you are treated. One way or the other.

Anyway, getting back on topic. Last time I checked this was a pretty diverse group here Jim. Not everyone here is a pasty white shitlord. I for one pass as the resident SandNigger.

Every time I go to the airport I get profiled. And because they do that to me, some poor hapless inoffensive meek and mild Whitey gets subjected to some pretty invasive and humiliating treatment. Because Security wants to be able to say they do not profile and they treat everyone like shit equally.