The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
Easy J

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by Easy J »

comhcinc wrote:http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/dallas-c ... /266881573
DALLAS -- At least one officer is down in downtown Dallas after shots were fired at a protest in downtown Dallas of officer-involved shootings across the country.

It remains an active-shooter situation.

The shots were fired as the march was moving down Lamar Street near Griffin.

An officer at the scene told News 8's Marie Saavedra the shooter has a rifle. She described several volleys of quick bursts of gunfire.

A bystander who was at the scene told News 8 the shooter stood by as the rally passed him, then opened fire on officers.

We have crews at the scene and we'll have more on this as it develops.

Copyright 2016 WFAA
Texas,
I've been in Houston all day. Plenty of witnesses. And I'm more of a pistol kinda guy anyway. :shhh:

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Easy J wrote:
comhcinc wrote:http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/dallas-c ... /266881573
DALLAS -- At least one officer is down in downtown Dallas after shots were fired at a protest in downtown Dallas of officer-involved shootings across the country.

It remains an active-shooter situation.

The shots were fired as the march was moving down Lamar Street near Griffin.

An officer at the scene told News 8's Marie Saavedra the shooter has a rifle. She described several volleys of quick bursts of gunfire.

A bystander who was at the scene told News 8 the shooter stood by as the rally passed him, then opened fire on officers.

We have crews at the scene and we'll have more on this as it develops.

Copyright 2016 WFAA
Texas,
I've been in Houston all day. Plenty of witnesses. And I'm more of a pistol kinda guy anyway. :shhh:
From what I have seen on twitter neither is the shooter. Any where from 2 to 6 cops injured so far.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Oh, and because I feel I need to regain some asshole points and also because I am sure it will offend jim the shithead.

[youtube]LH8gUhDd6WE[/youtube]

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

I used to spend a fair bit of time at the bus station across the street from that big green skyscraper. I had a job as a milk sample pickup & delivery driver & had to wait on coolers to arrive by bus there. Rough place after dark. Guys will hit people up on the sidewalk with offers of weed or whatever & try to get them to walk a block or two away from the well policed bus station. Then they pull a gun & rob them.

There are big, obvious cameras mounted high up on stands all through there because of crap like this. There should be all sorts of footage of this shooting from multiple angles.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Easy J wrote:I used to spend a fair bit of time at the bus station across the street from that big green skyscraper. I had a job as a milk sample pickup & delivery driver & had to wait on coolers to arrive by bus there. Rough place after dark. Guys will hit people up on the sidewalk with offers of weed or whatever & try to get them to walk a block or two away from the well policed bus station. Then they pull a gun & rob them.

There are big, obvious cameras mounted high up on stands all through there because of crap like this. There should be all sorts of footage of this shooting from multiple angles.
That sounds really really gay. Like I am trying hard to make that not sound gay and it just gets gayer.

Like two greased up mostly naked guy trying to climb on top of each other level gay.

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

comhcinc wrote:
Easy J wrote:I used to spend a fair bit of time at the bus station across the street from that big green skyscraper. I had a job as a milk sample pickup & delivery driver & had to wait on coolers to arrive by bus there. Rough place after dark. Guys will hit people up on the sidewalk with offers of weed or whatever & try to get them to walk a block or two away from the well policed bus station. Then they pull a gun & rob them.

That sounds really really gay. Like I am trying hard to make that not sound gay and it just gets gayer.

Like two greased up mostly naked guy trying to climb on top of each other level gay.
What the hell does wrestling have to do with it?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Easy J wrote:
comhcinc wrote:

What the hell does wrestling have to do with it?
https://media.giphy.com/media/2SRd6zwpLH20/giphy.gif

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cmz7PzcWgAA45aE.jpg

Damn sniper was really gunning for the BLM protestors & only managed to hit a few cops. Go figure.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

comhcinc wrote:Oh, and because I feel I need to regain some asshole points and also because I am sure it will offend jim the shithead.

[youtube]LH8gUhDd6WE[/youtube]
Glad to see you posting again. I missed you, and you had me worried.

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

comhcinc wrote:That sounds really really gay. Like I am trying hard to make that not sound gay and it just gets gayer.

What the hell does wrestling have to do with it?[/quote]

https://media.giphy.com/media/2SRd6zwpLH20/giphy.gif[/quote]

Damn he's lost a lot of size. Never came back from that neck thing, right?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Easy J wrote:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cmz7PzcWgAA45aE.jpg

Damn sniper was really gunning for the BLM protestors & only managed to hit a few cops. Go figure.
I agree with him that I am not jumping to any conclusions right now. I don't agree that him (it is a he right?) being there means he has any better grasp of the situation than anyone else.
I am waiting for the outrage at people feeling sympathy for the cops outshining BLM....

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Easy J wrote:Damn he's lost a lot of size. Never came back from that neck thing, right?
How do you mean? The man is still wrestling. You know I tend to stay away from the gossip but I think his condition may have more to do with addiction issues than anything else.

Speaking of. The Jake the Snake doc is on Netflix. It's kinda cheesy and kinda awesome and a little bit eye rolling and hard to watch all at the same time.

It's worth watching.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

No one shouted Alla Ackbar so it's going to be tough to pin this one on the Christians.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

fuzzy wrote:No one shouted Alla Ackbar so it's going to be tough to pin this one on the Christians.
IF there was a god the gunmen would get caught and it would be two enraged amish guys.

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

fuzzy wrote:No one shouted Alla Ackbar so it's going to be tough to pin this one on the Christians.
:nin:

I'm trying to anticipate the spin. Thinking of poking PZ about more privileged white males distracting us from whatever BLM was going on about. Not sure if I'm blockbotted yet.

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

I guess Carrier triggered the blockbot. I feel like I've finally arrived. :angelic-halo:

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

No, fuck you Dallas police department. You find him yourself. I ain't got no beef with the guy.

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Someone called it (sorry, can't remember who, and I'm not hitting "back" to find out):

Guestus Aurelius

Cop kills black person in ambiguous circumstances, facts not in yet = definitely racist murderer, b/c cops be racist murderers. Fuck the police. BLACK lives matter (not ALL lives, you bigot)

Snipers unambiguously target cops at BLM protest = hey now, let's not jump to any hasty conclusions here, but anyway we BLM supporters condemn ALL violence, so don't look at us, you bigot!

Guestus Aurelius

Cop kills white person in ambiguous circumstances, facts not in yet = [not news]

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Wil Wheaton doesnt know he's a muppet.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

comhcinc wrote:[.tweet][/tweet]

No, fuck you Dallas police department. You find him yourself. I ain't got no beef with the guy.
Bit of a dickhead position to be taking. No doubt there are some "problematic" racists and thugs and rapists in the police force. But seems decidedly unwise to suggest that all of them are, that the system should be "burned to the ground" - as ClarkHat once suggested. Apropos of which, something from Pinker:
Pinker wrote:As a young teenager in proudly peaceable Canada during the romantic 1960s, I was a true believer in Bakunin's anarchism. I laughed off my parents' argument that if the government ever laid down its arms all hell would break loose. Our competing predictions were put to the test at 8:00 A.M. on October 17, 1969, when the Montreal police went on strike. By 11:20 A.M. the first bank was robbed. By noon most downtown stores had closed because of looting. Within a few more hours, taxi drivers burned down the garage of a limousine service that competed with them for airport customers, a rooftop sniper killed a provincial police officer, rioters broke into several hotels and restaurants, and a doctor slew a burglar in his suburban home. By the end of the day, six banks had been robbed, a hundred shops had been looted, twelve fires had been set, forty carloads of storefront glass had been broken, and three million dollars in property damage had been inflicted, before city authorities had to call in the army and, of course, the Mounties to restore order.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Service Dog wrote:Wil Wheaton doesnt know he's a muppet.
I fear the day he becomes self aware.

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

TJ hits back at the Shives... rips him a new asshole. :clap: :lol:

[youtube]katnXdCswMA[/youtube]

Really?

Post by Really? »

Easy J wrote:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cmz7PzcWgAA45aE.jpg

We need to start a conversation about how white supremacists are such bad shots

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

dog puke wrote:TJ hits back at the Shives... rips him a new asshole. :clap: :lol:

[youtube katnXdCswMA[/youtube]
With a banana I assume?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

The only way to deal with racism if you're black.
[youtube]nbtyqpovno0[/youtube]
badges arms legs heads cops were all over

Really?

Post by Really? »

comhcinc wrote: No, fuck you Dallas police department. You find him yourself. I ain't got no beef with the guy.
Fucking racist police departments. Thinking a BLACK man might be involved for obvious and more subtle reasons.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Well it's certainly possible that this was a lone wolf action by a tiny cadre of white nationalists, hoping to forment racial strife. It's also just as possible that this was carried out by two BLM supporters, out for revenge after the last two publicized shootings.

Nathan Hevenstone at FTB also agrees that we shouldn't just to conclusions, and has put up a post about the shooting. It's unsurprising:
Two snipers have shot 10 cops, 3 of whom have died, at a Black Lives Matter rally in Dallas, TX. I’m doing my best to keep up with updates, but I have work early and have to go to bed, although I am utterly terrified right now.

It was only a matter of time before people snapped, and we’ve been well passed the breaking point for a long.

That is not to excuse what has happened. Even if the two snipers turn out to be white, right-wing militants, this will be blamed on Black Lives Matter. This has shifted the narrative in a horrible way.

This is not good. If you are a person of color, especially if you are black, for the love of everything please please please stay safe. Please stay safe. This is not good.

Also, please use this thread to curate updates to the story. Through comments at the TWiBNation and TBGWT Facebook groups, it’s become obvious that the story the media is reporting is not accurate to what eyewitnesses are reporting. So please post all updates here.

Thank you.

And again… please… stay safe.

(Oh… and note that I’m turning off first-time moderation for the sake of this post. It will be off until I put up my next post, unless that post is also time-sensitive. Be aware that any posts that are racist, that blame BLM, that blame black people, that critique this move [unless it’s framed within a critique of the police who started this], etc, will be deleted and the commenter banned. But also be aware that I need to go to bed [it’s 12:48am for me and I have work in the morning], so I won’t be back to this post for a while).
Apparently cop lives don't matter.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

comhcinc wrote:
The Dallas police department is a little too busy right now to give a fuck what some loser like you thinks.
If someone threatens you/your families lives I hope the police department you call doesn't tell you to go fuck yourself because they 'ain't got no beef with the guy'.

Do you know why you live a trailer trash life? It's because you're trailer trash.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

MacGruberKnows wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
The Dallas police department is a little too busy right now to give a fuck what some loser like you thinks.
If someone threatens you/your families lives I hope the police department you call doesn't tell you to go fuck yourself because they 'ain't got no beef with the guy'.

Do you know why you live a trailer trash life? It's because you're trailer trash.

Ah so not to be trailer trashy I should go actively hunt down a gunman? Well let me get my gunman hunting socks on and find my sniper stick and I will get right on this. :roll:

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Whelp. Looks like #BLM might have lost whatever moral high ground they ever had claim to. I look forward to the many colorful explanations of why #itsOKwhenwedoit, though.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

comhcinc wrote:
MacGruberKnows wrote:
comhcinc wrote:

Ah so not to be trailer trashy I should go actively hunt down a gunman? Well let me get my gunman hunting socks on and find my sniper stick and I will get right on. this. :roll:
Anyway, the POI is not the shooter. Just a nut with a rifle slung over his shoulder. And his brother is asking him to report himself to the police to defuse the situation. And they were not asking you to hunt the man down, just report seeing him.

Were still an item right?

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Apparently, they've arrested two people. One turned himself in when he found out police were looking for him. The other apparently was in a shoot-out.

Some guy posted video from the protest. Whoever the shooters were, they were shooting fast. I am wondering if they had any former training or if they just had steady nerves and a good sense of fire position placement because going from that video,they did a lot of damage in a very short space of time against trained guys who were presumably wearing body armor. Maybe ex-military?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

MacGruberKnows wrote: Anyway, the POI is not the shooter. Just a nut with a rifle slung over his shoulder. And his brother is asking him to report himself to the police to defuse the situation. And they were not asking you to hunt the man down, just report seeing him.

No no no, I made a joke and now I have my socks and my stick and I am going to go track down some snipers. It's my own fault being flippant on the internet. I mean who da fuck do I think I am cracking jokes at a time like this. Several hundred miles away from the event. On a website that isn't connected to the Dallas police department at all.

I have to be completely serious and not say anything that might offend someone who was directly affected by this in any way. It doesn't matter that they would never read it. Jokes about things are never appropriate. :twatson:

But yeah I am cool. I also don't live in a trailer.

While I was cracking wise here. I was also dealing with this (it's my wife, she is tipsy and I cropped tight so her picture doesn't show up)

http://i.imgur.com/wKuS38C.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/a39H049.jpg

So yeah I am a little concerned.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

MacGruberKnows wrote: Anyway, the POI is not the shooter. Just a nut with a rifle slung over his shoulder. And his brother is asking him to report himself to the police to defuse the situation. And they were not asking you to hunt the man down, just report seeing him.

No no no, I made a joke and now I have my socks and my stick and I am going to go track down some snipers. It's my own fault being flippant on the internet. I mean who da fuck do I think I am cracking jokes at a time like this. Several hundred miles away from the event. On a website that isn't connected to the Dallas police department at all.

I have to be completely serious and not say anything that might offend someone who was directly affected by this in any way. It doesn't matter that they would never read it. Jokes about things are never appropriate. :twatson:

While I was cracking wise here. I was also dealing with this (it's my wife, she is tipsy and I cropped tight so her picture doesn't show up)

Mr. X, Indeed

Post by Mr. X, Indeed »

Cnutella wrote:Well it's certainly possible that this was a lone wolf action by a tiny cadre of white nationalists, hoping to forment racial strife. It's also just as possible that this was carried out by two BLM supporters, out for revenge after the last two publicized shootings.

Nathan Hevenstone at FTB also agrees that we shouldn't just to conclusions, and has put up a post about the shooting. It's unsurprising:
Two snipers have shot 10 cops, 3 of whom have died, at a Black Lives Matter rally in Dallas, TX. I’m doing my best to keep up with updates, but I have work early and have to go to bed, although I am utterly terrified right now.

It was only a matter of time before people snapped, and we’ve been well passed the breaking point for a long.

That is not to excuse what has happened. Even if the two snipers turn out to be white, right-wing militants, this will be blamed on Black Lives Matter. This has shifted the narrative in a horrible way.

This is not good. If you are a person of color, especially if you are black, for the love of everything please please please stay safe. Please stay safe. This is not good.

Also, please use this thread to curate updates to the story. Through comments at the TWiBNation and TBGWT Facebook groups, it’s become obvious that the story the media is reporting is not accurate to what eyewitnesses are reporting. So please post all updates here.

Thank you.

(Oh… and note that I’m turning off first-time moderation for the sake of this post. It will be off until I put up my next post, unless that post is also time-sensitive. Be aware that any posts that are racist, that blame BLM, that blame black people, that critique this move [unless it’s framed within a critique of the police who started this], etc, will be deleted and the commenter banned. But also be aware that I need to go to bed [it’s 12:48am for me and I have work in the morning], so I won’t be back to this post for a while).
No lives matter to this person. To him, the problem here is that the narrative has shifted. I'm sure he had no problem with the recent police shootings since they reinforced the narrative he prefers.

I also really hate "person of color." Sounds too much like a euphemism for "colored person."

Mr. X, Indeed

Post by Mr. X, Indeed »

comhcinc wrote:

Shit. Sorry she had to deal with that. Glad she said she was OK.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

comhcinc wrote:

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

MacGruberKnows wrote:
comhcinc wrote:

Double post, hit the wrong button. Awful to hear that. The rifle fire sounded like it was full automatic. And it was a peaceful protest. The cops weren't in armour. They were helping the protest marchers with traffic control and the like.
Anyway, glad it sounds like your better half is alright.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

More footage of one of the guys in a gun battle with a police officer at street level (possibly after the initial attack). It's pretty fucked up. He kills or badly wounds the cop. It looks like he's being shot at (presumably by other officers) but it's a bit hard to tell.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Yeah so watching CNN. 11 shot, 4 dead. 3 in custody including a woman. One shooter in a stand off with police, still an active shooting situation. Suspects claim bombs are all over downtown, but it doesn't seem to me that they are taking it all that serious. Police chief is righty keeping mum until they know something. Did allow the idea this seem very well planned to go along with the protest route.

Some of the videos seem to like there are 3 round burst happening but I am not willing to be sure about that.

My wife (the soon to be ex) is in her hotel and okay. I suggested she go get a different hotel room but she said they are on locked and can not leave. She stated that the place was swarming with "marshalls" .

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

MacGruberKnows wrote:
Double post, hit the wrong button. Awful to hear that. The rifle fire sounded like it was full automatic. And it was a peaceful protest. The cops weren't in armour. They were helping the protest marchers with traffic control and the like.
It sounded more like semi-automatic rifle fire to me, but more than one person was shooting. I suppose some of the shots in that first video could have been returned fire. Or maybe it was the incident in that second video.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

A couple of counter-point videos sprang to mind when I seen the "Body Count" track posted. Both are pretty damned good and offer an opposing view...sort of.

(I'm stifling laughter as I link these!)

Short but sweet:

[youtube]urVZoB1HuHI[/youtube]

Longer and actually quite chilling:

[youtube]OXNYF30dY9s[/youtube]

Love Cypress Hill!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

MacGruberKnows wrote: The Dallas police department is a little too busy right now to give a fuck what some loser like you thinks.

I know a precinct house in Brooklyn that niggers would have been justified turning into the Alamo. Personally, i'd use lawyers.. But all the boys in the hoods' noisemaking and shitty tattoos-- brag they are into violent methods. So it speaks poorly of them, that they dont walk the walk to match their talk.

The most amusing dallas shooters-- would be more self-radicalized muslims. or a well-regulated militia.

I've been turned down for help when i asked two cops for help-- after someone chased me in a truck, threatening to run me over. And refused help when a stalker hung around outside my apartment for days. Cops fucking suck.

I was an nypd auxiliary in uniform, sworn peace officer, on the beat in Harlem when crack and gunshots were everywhere. So fuck right off, MacGruber.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Service Dog wrote:
MacGruberKnows wrote: The Dallas police department is a little too busy right now to give a fuck what some loser like you thinks.

I know a precinct house in Brooklyn that niggers would have been justified turning into the Alamo. Personally, i'd use lawyers.. But all the boys in the hoods' noisemaking and shitty tattoos-- brag they are into violent methods. So it speaks poorly of them, that they dont walk the walk to match their talk.

The most amusing dallas shooters-- would be more self-radicalized muslims. or a well-regulated militia.

I've been turned down for help when i asked two cops for help-- after someone chased me in a truck, threatening to run me over. And refused help when a stalker hung around outside my apartment for days. Cops fucking suck.

I was an nypd auxiliary in uniform, sworn peace officer, on the beat in Harlem when crack and gunshots were everywhere. So fuck right off, MacGruber.

"The most amusing dallas shooters-- would be more self-radicalized muslims. or a well-regulated militia."

LOL! Learn to write a fucking sentence I can parse and get back to me crackhead. I'd tell you to go fuck yourself, but you are already fucked enough for one lifetime.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Now the Dallas PD say at least four people may have been involved in some way. Three are in custody but not cooperating, one is in a stand-off.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

MacGruberKnows wrote:
Service Dog wrote:

"The most amusing dallas shooters-- would be more self-radicalized muslims. or a well-regulated militia."

LOL! Learn to write a fucking sentence I can parse and get back to me crackhead. I'd tell you to go fuck yourself, but you are already fucked enough for one lifetime.
And you whine like the biggest all-star FTB bitches ever, You were never an auxillary cop for any police department ever you fucking liar. I know cops and aux cops in quiet little vancouver, bc, and the stories they could tell you would shock anyone about what cops have to go through in one fucking week. NYPD? LIke a hundred times worse. Fuck off asshole. Especially on this night. FTB will welcome you though.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

MacGruberKnows wrote:
Service Dog wrote:

If someone threatens you/your families lives I hope the police department you call arent subliterate crackheads.

Guest_935516df

Post by Guest_935516df »

Wild Speculation on shooters:
BAMN (By Any Means Necessary) or antifa cult.

-Soylent f98

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Service Dog wrote: I know a precinct house in Brooklyn that niggers would have been justified turning into the Alamo. Personally, i'd use lawyers.. But all the boys in the hoods' noisemaking and shitty tattoos-- brag they are into violent methods. So it speaks poorly of them, that they dont walk the walk to match their talk.

LOL! Learn to write a fucking sentence I can parse and get back to me crackhead. I'd tell you to go fuck yourself, but you are already fucked enough for one lifetime.[/quote]
Service Dog wrote:If someone threatens you/your families lives I hope the police department you call arent subliterate crackheads.
You mean someone like you asshole. This night is not about you. It's about 4 fucking dead policemen.

Again, fuck off.

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

Tigzy wrote:Pretty clear from looking over Ruth Haydock's Patheos page that she's a former indoctrinated Christian who's now boldly shed all that superstitious shit in favour of being indoctrinated by social justice.
I sometimes wonder if the atheists who went for Atheism+ and the like, the atheists who become SJWs - I wonder how many of them are ex-religionists just looking for another religion?

I wonder if it's a psychological type who just has a religion-shaped hole in their psyche, and if isn't one thing filling it, it's another?

Like, I mean, if you didn't ditch your religion by the time you were 12 or so (even if you could only do it inside yourself because of social pressure or physical danger), if you didn't come to suspect your religion out of your own native intellectual resources by around that age ...

But in such directions, I feel my own thought turning tribal and nasty, so I won't go there - but I wonder if there's something to it?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

MacGruberKnows wrote: Again, fuck off.
Do you know why I pulled you over?

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

images_zps4a551be4.jpg
(5.76 KiB) Downloaded 149 times

CaptainFluffyBunny

gurugeorge wrote:
Tigzy wrote:Pretty clear from looking over Ruth Haydock's Patheos page that she's a former indoctrinated Christian who's now boldly shed all that superstitious shit in favour of being indoctrinated by social justice.
I sometimes wonder if the atheists who went for Atheism+ and the like, the atheists who become SJWs - I wonder how many of them are ex-religionists just looking for another religion?

I wonder if it's a psychological type who just has a religion-shaped hole in their psyche, and if isn't one thing filling it, it's another?

Like, I mean, if you didn't ditch your religion by the time you were 12 or so (even if you could only do it inside yourself because of social pressure or physical danger), if you didn't come to suspect your religion out of your own native intellectual resources by around that age ...

But in such directions, I feel my own thought turning tribal and nasty, so I won't go there - but I wonder if there's something to it?
I'm sure there is. Some people need to believe. I think the only thing to really do is make sure it's something harmless and fuzzy for people to believe. Christianity light, New Age, Unitarian Universalism. Something mostly harmless.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Service Dog wrote:
MacGruberKnows wrote: Again, fuck off.
Do you know why I pulled you over?
I'm guessing so you could tell me that 5 officers are now confirmed dead. But the nights not over yet. And the good news is there aren't seven wounded officers, there are now only 6. You take what you can get.

The Yeti

Post by The Yeti »

I guess this won't endear me to a few of the people here, but i work in law enforcement. I have never shot at anyone in my civilian law enforcement job (I have done a combat deployment in the Army though). This may seem strange, but I am also a very "civil liberties" minded person, I don't violate people's constitutional rights and I don't allow others to do so either. I live in the state with the most lenient firearms laws in the country (you can concealed carry without a permit) and I don't get nervous dealing with people who are armed nor do I fuck with people just because they choose to exercise their legal right to bear arms.. I am in favor of drug legalization, but I realize unless you fully legalize drugs, you have to enforce the laws otherwise you will have gangs and cartels going out of control and shooting everyone up. I think that people should not go to jail for minor offenses like traffic offenses or child support.

I think the BLM people have a right to protest just like everyone else, nobody should fuck with that.I also don't want to pull the SJW tactic of claiming that anyone who disagrees with police actions is somehow responsible for the situation in Dallas. They may be wrong, but they didn't cause this shit. However, the fucking assholes in the media and the new media like Deray and Shaun King, and even the low level bloggers like FTB... the ones that are claiming that police are systematically hunting down black people and killing them... those people do bear some responsibility for this shit. They are lying and spreading a false narrative that is causing some people to act out. They are just like the neonazi/white supremacist assholes that convinced the shitbag Dylan Roof to start murdering black people. While it is not the place of the government to suppress their speech, they are still lying scum and they bear at least some responsibility for inspiring the shitbags that shot the cops tonight,

Of the two recent police shootings in the news, the one in Baton Rouge is still kind of up in the air if it was a good shoot or not, Even if you have someone on the ground, if you do not have control of their hands and they are grabbing for a gun, they can easily kill you. The video I've seen so far on that one is inconclusive. The Minnesota shooting was absolutely indefensible, the cop simply fucked up and it cost an innocent man his life. There is no evidence that race had anything to do with it, and I doubt that the officer had the intention to kill that man. Still, this was a fuckup that cost an innocent man his life, and I do think the officer deserves serious consequences to include substantial prison time. The thing is , there are over 1 million law enforcement officers in the U.S. Even if the large majority are good cops who do their job correctly, you will still have a substantial number of bad (corrupt) cops as well as cops that are simply incompetent/negligent. To paint all officers as bad because of the actions of a few bad ones is ridiculous.

The Blacklivesmatter movement was founded upon a lie. The Michael Brown shooting was completely justified, The entire claim that he had his hands up was a lie.Many of the claims by blacklivesmatter activists about other police shootings have been lies. The media have completely bought into the BLM bullshit though, Now, whenever there is a police shooting, the first question that the media has is what were the races of the cop and the person that was shot. What the fuck is up with that? Race has absolutely nothing to do with whether a shooting is justified. If the media were really concerned about the justifications for police shootings, then race wouldn't even be a fucking question. It is nothing but an attempt to fucking push a political agenda.

Sorry about the rant. I am fucking drunk and watching the news coverage of this shit and I am fucking livid. Now it is five dead. Fuck.

The Yeti

Post by The Yeti »

Cnutella wrote:Well it's certainly possible that this was a lone wolf action by a tiny cadre of white nationalists, hoping to forment racial strife. It's also just as possible that this was carried out by two BLM supporters, out for revenge after the last two publicized shootings.

Thank you.

That Nate Hevens idiot just looks like a fucking pussy. He is probably also too stupid to realize that a whole lot of cops aren't white. It is also funny to see that he thinks his shitty ass blog is actually relevant.

CaptainFluffyBunny

The Yeti wrote:I guess this won't endear me to a few of the people here, but i work in law enforcement. I have never shot at anyone in my civilian law enforcement job (I have done a combat deployment in the Army though). This may seem strange, but I am also a very "civil liberties" minded person, I don't violate people's constitutional rights and I don't allow others to do so either. I live in the state with the most lenient firearms laws in the country (you can concealed carry without a permit) and I don't get nervous dealing with people who are armed nor do I fuck with people just because they choose to exercise their legal right to bear arms.. I am in favor of drug legalization, but I realize unless you fully legalize drugs, you have to enforce the laws otherwise you will have gangs and cartels going out of control and shooting everyone up. I think that people should not go to jail for minor offenses like traffic offenses or child support.

I think the BLM people have a right to protest just like everyone else, nobody should fuck with that.I also don't want to pull the SJW tactic of claiming that anyone who disagrees with police actions is somehow responsible for the situation in Dallas. They may be wrong, but they didn't cause this shit. However, the fucking assholes in the media and the new media like Deray and Shaun King, and even the low level bloggers like FTB... the ones that are claiming that police are systematically hunting down black people and killing them... those people do bear some responsibility for this shit. They are lying and spreading a false narrative that is causing some people to act out. They are just like the neonazi/white supremacist assholes that convinced the shitbag Dylan Roof to start murdering black people. While it is not the place of the government to suppress their speech, they are still lying scum and they bear at least some responsibility for inspiring the shitbags that shot the cops tonight,

Of the two recent police shootings in the news, the one in Baton Rouge is still kind of up in the air if it was a good shoot or not, Even if you have someone on the ground, if you do not have control of their hands and they are grabbing for a gun, they can easily kill you. The video I've seen so far on that one is inconclusive. The Minnesota shooting was absolutely indefensible, the cop simply fucked up and it cost an innocent man his life. There is no evidence that race had anything to do with it, and I doubt that the officer had the intention to kill that man. Still, this was a fuckup that cost an innocent man his life, and I do think the officer deserves serious consequences to include substantial prison time. The thing is , there are over 1 million law enforcement officers in the U.S. Even if the large majority are good cops who do their job correctly, you will still have a substantial number of bad (corrupt) cops as well as cops that are simply incompetent/negligent. To paint all officers as bad because of the actions of a few bad ones is ridiculous.

The Blacklivesmatter movement was founded upon a lie. The Michael Brown shooting was completely justified, The entire claim that he had his hands up was a lie.Many of the claims by blacklivesmatter activists about other police shootings have been lies. The media have completely bought into the BLM bullshit though, Now, whenever there is a police shooting, the first question that the media has is what were the races of the cop and the person that was shot. What the fuck is up with that? Race has absolutely nothing to do with whether a shooting is justified. If the media were really concerned about the justifications for police shootings, then race wouldn't even be a fucking question. It is nothing but an attempt to fucking push a political agenda.

Sorry about the rant. I am fucking drunk and watching the news coverage of this shit and I am fucking livid. Now it is five dead. Fuck.
Yep. Stupid and counterproductive. But they are already spinning it hard and heavy. Nothing to do with BLM. Nope. Too bad Welch flounced or he'd set us straight with caps locks and bless your hearts.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

MacGruberKnows wrote: This night is not about you. It's about 4 fucking dead policemen.
I'm not taking sides (one way or another) but I will add the following: I hate the "fuck the police" crowd with an absolute passion regardless of country, skin colour, social "class" or whatever virtue badges/tribal flags you might apply to them.

As a sub-set of society, the police will undoubtedly have a few "rotten apples" in their ranks (obviously this opens up a can of worms about exact figures, institutionalized racism, corruption etc) but to blanket-blame the entire group for the latest act of brutality (another can of worms) is pretty pathetic.

It's also a fun experiment to ask these same "fuck the police" cretins who/what they would employ to replace the police if they had the power/resources to do so. So far, I've yet to hear a response that avoids the same "rotten apples" problem we currently have in our police organizations.

The police, despite their numerous failings, are the best solution we have for dealing with the criminal element. They're not perfect but at least they get the job done.

Besides which, they do a sterling job of dealing with hippies!

http://images.outlookindia.com/Uploads/ ... 091228.jpg

For the record - I hope they catch all of the shooters and deal with them as harshly as the law allows.