The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
jimhabegger

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by jimhabegger »

Service Dog wrote:I think sjw's are not well read/ poorly educated. They parrot p.c. slogans (and find them persuasive) because they've never read anything more substantial.
That's what I think too. It's all cheap imitation. Only, I see a lot of value in the original of what's being imitated.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Service Dog wrote:
VR Guy wrote:
It's from a YouTube video posted in 2014:

[youtube]dj4ARsxrZh8[/youtube]

I see no indication that BLM was involved. Did it even exists back then?
That protest was after the killing of Eric Garner, one of the incidents which incited BLM. The video is relevant.
It might be relevant to Black Lives Matter but it was not Black Lives Matter. So I still consider mysef as being had.

That does not change my opinion that the Police killing Eric Garner looks to be completely unjustifiable. Never mind it looks like the Police were sent in to enforce the lowest level in the chain of avoiding paying taxes on tobacco.

It still does not change the linkage. The high tax on tobacco lead to the death of Eric Garner. The Powers That Be (TPTB) and Teh Media are in alignment that they would rather this incident be forgotten.

Incidently, according to the Daily Caller New York Loses $400 Million After Imposing The Nation’s Highest Cigarette Tax
New York raised taxes on cigarettes to $4.35 in 2010 from $2.75. In total, cigarette taxes have increased by 190 percent since 2006. The sharp rise has resulted in a raft of unintended consequences which are dealing a significant blow to the state’s finances.

According to the The New York Post, a separate study by National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine shows the state lost a hefty $1.3 billion in uncollected taxes each year because smokers switched to cheaper alternatives.

Smokers responded to higher prices not by shelling out more cash at the store but by turning to the black market, crossing state lines and buying cheaper brands, such as Seneca, from Native American outlets.
The last 10 years have a been a boon to organized crime, with 58 percent of New York’s cigarettes supplied from out-of-state, according to the Tax Foundation. The number of packs bought paying the full tax has also collapsed by 62 percent.

But it’s not only New York that’s losing out from the high rate of smuggling. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives estimates states lose $5.5 billion in revenue thanks to cigarette smuggling.
Think of a sliding scale where the higher the tax the greater the incentive to evade it. Back in 2007 NY was put on notice that their tax on tobacco was costing them revenue.

But they call it a tipping point, not a sliding scale. The tipping point is:
where they may start to lose money from further tax increases.
See for yourself from Tax Foundation Cigarette Taxes Approaching Tipping Point.
Tax Foundation Chief Economist Patrick Fleenor appears in a Wall Street Journal editorial today that analyzes the cigarette smuggling becoming more common with federal and state hikes in cigarette taxes:
Something similar is going on all over the U.S., where cigarette taxes have on average tripled in the last decade, but treasuries aren't getting the revenue boost. For consumers, tax-free online cigarettes are only a mouse click away, and these purchases now cost the states more than $1 billion a year in lost tobacco taxes, according to the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids. Washington state, which levies a tax of $2.03 a pack, loses an estimated $200 million a year to out-of-state purchases, according to the Seattle Times. Californians smoke 300 million untaxed packs of cigarettes a year thanks to the Internet, smuggling, and out of state sales.
Now seriously, this is why I doubt most/many/all conspiricy theorys. If a simple concept such as a "tipping point" can evade the grasp of a bunch of people charged with setting a tax policy, if they can not even manage that, just how the are they going to step up to the plate and formulate, manage, coordinate and cooperate over the simplest conspiracy?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

jimhabegger wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:In other news:

Birth in Nature: Natural Birth
(snip)
How and why I chose to give birth in nature was much about the inner journey as the outward process ... and equally as powerful.
(snip)
This looks to me like an example of a widespread attitude of reducing children to instruments for the self-gratification of their parents.

I saw that already forty years ago, in a Lamaze class which my wife and I were attending, because we thought it might be better for our children to be born that way. Once, sitting in a circle, we all gave our reasons for wanting our children to be born that way, and for everyone else in the group, the only reason they gave was what a wonderful experience they thought it would be for themselves.

Now that I think of it, maybe that's just part of an attitude of reducing all people to instruments for self-gratification.
You may have something there.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

Kirbmarc wrote:Basically if you're a straight white cis man you're a worthy target unless you follow the party line. If you're not a straight white cis man they'll leave you mostly alone unless you explicitly disagree with them, then you're an Aunt Mary/Uncle Tom/Acting Cis/Gender Traitor-Sister Punisher.
That's the central issue in the kinds of feminism and social justice that I see people denouncing here: demonizing white men. I see that as damaging not only white men, but all people and all of society, just like demonizing any other group or category of people.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

AndrewV69 wrote:Fuck! I hate being taken in like that.
It happens to the best of us. It even happens to me. :roll:

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

So, given the current BLM/police media frenzy, I've started to read various blogs about BLM, the "blue wall" and other assorted but relevant topics. I've also watched an ungodly amount of arrest footage*, brutality videos and content providers arguing both sides of the debate. I'm still pretty much knee-deep in the subject and even though I'm still very pro-police, I've got to admit, America needs to do something about the heavy-handed tactics of certain cops.

One thing that seems to be conspicuous by its absence (from both sides of the debate) is the "reactive" aspect to police training/tactics; IE- the police upgrade their tactics, equipment and training to meet/match/defeat those employed by increasingly violent and well equipped criminals. Obviously, I mean that in a general sense and do not mean to imply that all criminals are AK47 wielding psycho rapists in body armour & helmets.

* The TV show "Cops" is one of the strongest "anti-America" propaganda devices I've ever encountered. I never watched the show when it first aired (I'm not a TV kinda guy - pun setup #63) but vaguely remember folks talking about it. Seriously, "cops" makes America look like a land populated exclusively by cops, meth-heads, gang-bangers, crack-ho's and the walking dead.

Oops, nearly forgot to say Scented. ;)

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Really? wrote:
I agree there's a difference. Archer is not for children.

I have no idea what Steven Universe is. It says a great deal that FullMcIntosh starts out with a show literally written for kids. It looks like the characters are crying too much. FullMcIntosh is crazy. When men try to express emotions, Big Red tells them to shut the fuck up. When they try to get together to talk about their problems in a calm, rational manner, a women's studies major pulls the fire alarm and blows a whistle.

And you can't have it both ways with the hugs. In the clips, I don't see characters asking for permission to hug the other person. This is deeply problematic.

It is amusing that he stole the style and colors of Anita's videos.

And he doesn't want men to work through their struggles with others. He wants it done under feminism's auspices and control.

I would like to know what he thinks this program says about the varying masculinities in Western culture.
Not to mention the cups of male tears. I always thought that was a particularly shitty play from the same group of people who argued that tradtional masculinity was emotionally stunting to men.

I think the choice of Steven Universe makes sense if you style yourself as a pop culture critic with McIntosh's perspective that the media we consume influences our beliefs and behaviors. The show seems quite different in its approach to masculinity than the cartoons of yore and it reportedly has a massive and loyal fanbase. So he would likely argue that it is symbolic of a changing apprach to masculinity, and that it is playing some role in shaping some of the next generation of men. I don't really believe that's true, but I suspect that it may be a symptom of a changing perpective on masculinity. If so,I hopefully we will have perfected autonomous robots before we have to fight another big war.

More cynically, I think he picked it as his first topic because it has a huge fanbase outside its primary target demographic, including parents and Tumblrinas. Perhaps he was hoping to loosen those wallets by leading with this review and promising more to come. If so it seems to be failing, as his Patreon remains stalled at $160.

It's not surprising, though, Even fans of the show might not want to kick in for such uninspiring fare, telling themcwhat they already know. He lacks the perception and the breadth of knowledge required to really provide insightful commentary, unless the show is as one-dimensional as he made it appear.All I took from his review is that Steven Universe's men cry a lot and make a fuss about validating emotions that have traditionally downplayed or portrayed as something to vanquish, like fear.

I'd like to hear him say some negative things about SU because, from what I hear, the fanbase is pretty rabid and has a reputation for being highly toxic. It's a pretty good argument against the impact of media on behavior, come to think of it...

https://www.theodysseyonline.com/why-am ... iverse-fan

Based on his solo efforts so far, I am more sure than ever that the Gamergaters who claimed that McIntosh was the brains behind Feminist Frequency and that Anita simply read the scripts he wrote were way off-base. He really was just the video production guy.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Oglebart wrote:Just heard on the news that there is some sort of trouble in Nice city centre, something to do with Bastille Day celebrations and a car driving into a crowd. Any idea Phil??
http://www.smh.com.au/world/bastille-da ... q66yq.html

Phil was learning to drive a bike not a truck eh?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Actually it's looking too serious for jokes just now.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

Oglebart wrote:Just heard on the news that there is some sort of trouble in Nice city centre, something to do with Bastille Day celebrations and a car driving into a crowd. Any idea Phil??
That situation looks bad, dozens dead in the street. Big rig truck plowed into a promenade crowded with people enjoying themselves. The pictures look terrible. Then the driver exchanged gunfire with police.

#AmishBastards

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

In Nice CBC is reporting at least 30 people killed ,hundreds injured when someone drove a large truck into a crowd.
I'm speculating here, but this was a tactic that was suggested in the al Qaeda produced Inspire magazine.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

AndrewV69 wrote:Now seriously, this is why I doubt most/many/all conspiricy theorys. If a simple concept such as a "tipping point" can evade the grasp of a bunch of people charged with setting a tax policy, if they can not even manage that, just how the are they going to step up to the plate and formulate, manage, coordinate and cooperate over the simplest conspiracy?
Exactly. They don't. At least, not when the conspiracy involves more than a few people, and when it's not very straightforward.

Conspiracies exist, but they're more a matter of "you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours, and what we're doing isn't legal, or -if we're smart- it's a grey area" than "LOL the sheeple are never going to figure this one out!1!1!!!".

When people try setting up a complicated conspiracy (and they do) it usually blows up in their faces (see the "Weapons of Mass Destruction" fiasco) or it's an "open secret" which people know about, but pretend not to or justify (like in the Holocaust: everyone knew that the Nazis were imprisoning and probably killing the Jews, but few cared until they were exposed to the image of what was going on).

And in the days of the Wikileaks, of channers and of trolls few things stay secret for long.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Indeed Brive, it wasn't reported to be so alarming at first. Details still sketchy at the moment.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

See, this is what happens when you never learn how to put things in perspective or how to control your emotions, and then another Steven Universe fan has the temerity to draw something you don't like.

[youtube]https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/re ... 03_e75.png[/youtube]

Will McIntosh address that or other real-world unpleasantness generated by Fans of this show that celebrates empathy and compassion? I don't think it really fits the narrative, somehow.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

In my view of feminism and social justice issues, there are real problems that need to be addressed, that are consequences of people devaluing women, and of people devaluing non-white people. Here are some of my disagreements with with the kinds of feminism and social justice that demonize white men. In my view:
- It isn't only men, and all men all the time, who devalue women, and it isn't only white people, and all white people all the time, who devalue non-white people.
- As far as feminist issues are concerned, the root of the problem is not that people are devaluing women. The root of the problem is people devaluing feminine qualities and capacities, and perverting masculine ones.
- People of all races devalue people not of their own race. The only thing that makes white people different is that the people whose societies dominate other people's societies the most, happen to be mostly white people.
- Demonizing white people and men damages not only the lives of white people and men, but the lives of all people, and all of society, without doing anything to help improve them.
- It is not only feminine qualities and capacities that are being devalued, and masculine ones that are being perverted. Some social problems are also a result of masculine qualities and capacities being devalued, and feminine ones being perverted.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/re ... 03_e75.png

Sorry, buggered the image in my last post.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Bhurzum wrote:So, given the current BLM/police media frenzy, I've started to read various blogs about BLM, the "blue wall" and other assorted but relevant topics. I've also watched an ungodly amount of arrest footage*, brutality videos and content providers arguing both sides of the debate. I'm still pretty much knee-deep in the subject and even though I'm still very pro-police, I've got to admit, America needs to do something about the heavy-handed tactics of certain cops.

One thing that seems to be conspicuous by its absence (from both sides of the debate) is the "reactive" aspect to police training/tactics; IE- the police upgrade their tactics, equipment and training to meet/match/defeat those employed by increasingly violent and well equipped criminals. Obviously, I mean that in a general sense and do not mean to imply that all criminals are AK47 wielding psycho rapists in body armour & helmets.

* The TV show "Cops" is one of the strongest "anti-America" propaganda devices I've ever encountered. I never watched the show when it first aired (I'm not a TV kinda guy - pun setup #63) but vaguely remember folks talking about it. Seriously, "cops" makes America look like a land populated exclusively by cops, meth-heads, gang-bangers, crack-ho's and the walking dead.

COPS was a great show, but for a balanced picture of the US you must also watch Idiocracy.

It includes a trip to Costco, which COPS omitted.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Holy fuck. I hope Phil and gf are OK.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Oglebart wrote:Indeed Brive, it wasn't reported to be so alarming at first. Details still sketchy at the moment.
I'm almost certain Phil has taken photos from his apartment showing the palms along Promenade des Anglais.

I hope he checks in soon. :? What a shitty think to happen during celebrations - regardless of the cause.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Service Dog wrote:COPS was a great show, but for a balanced picture of the US you must also watch Idiocracy.

It includes a trip to Costco, which COPS omitted.
I'll watch it when I finish batin' and drinking Brondo 8-)

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Just wondering how the regressive left, the FreeThoughtBloggers, the SJWs, will spin the latest new atheist Islamist terror attack.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

free thoughtpolice wrote:In Nice CBC is reporting at least 30 people killed ,hundreds injured when someone drove a large truck into a crowd.
I'm speculating here, but this was a tactic that was suggested in the al Qaeda produced Inspire magazine.
I’ve just been reading up on Inspire magazine on Wikipedia:
The Fall 2010 issue encouraged using one's car to "mow down" people in crowded places
There was also a magazine called Al-Shamika:
“a new fashion and lifestyle magazine for Muslim women and suicide bombers published online by al-Qaeda”
I’m lost for words.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

So, does Phil Giordana actually live in Nice, or does he visit there?

Want him to be post, just to check he's OK.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Someone on Sky News just reported "60 dead".

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

Service Dog wrote:The link is from 2011, and cites Phyllis Schlafly on VAWA:
Currently used definitions of domestic violence that are unacceptably trivial include calling your partner a naughty word, raising your voice, causing “annoyance” or “emotional distress,” or just not doing what your partner wants.
This brings up another social issue where I see a problem that's being used to advance some people's social justice performance careers, but where I disagree with them about why, and what to do about it.

In my view:
- There is a lot of damage being done to people's lives, and to all of society, by some popular attitudes and behaviors. It isn't the behaviors themselves that do the damage. What does the damage is the attitudes behind them, and their popularity.
- Itemizing and demonizing components of the behaviors does damage in itself, without doing anything to help reduce and counteract the damage being done by them.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Bhurzum wrote:So, given the current BLM/police media frenzy, I've started to read various blogs about BLM, the "blue wall" and other assorted but relevant topics. I've also watched an ungodly amount of arrest footage*, brutality videos and content providers arguing both sides of the debate. I'm still pretty much knee-deep in the subject and even though I'm still very pro-police, I've got to admit, America needs to do something about the heavy-handed tactics of certain cops.

Hey, my vanity search actually caught one! :)

free thoughtpolice

Brive1987 wrote:
Oglebart wrote:Indeed Brive, it wasn't reported to be so alarming at first. Details still sketchy at the moment.
I'm almost certain Phil has taken photos from his apartment showing the palms along Promenade des Anglais.

I hope he checks in soon. :? What a shitty think to happen during celebrations - regardless of the cause.
It apparently happened along the waterfront promenade and it reminded me of those photos that Phil posted.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Holy shit, Phil. I hope you're ok. :(

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

CommanderTuvok wrote:So, does Phil Giordana actually live in Nice, or does he visit there?

He lives there, and his apartment backs on to the Promenade des Anglais. I hope he's ok.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

A tweet sent out by an ISIS-supporting Twitter account links the Nice attack as retaliation for the death of Abu Omar al-Shishani, a Georgian Chechen commander of the Islamic State that ISIS recently admitted had been killed, reports The Telegraph.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

There's a Breitbart page that's been getting updated (so refresh the page every so often) at http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/07 ... eral-dead/

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

comhcinc wrote:Remember, you have are seating in hooter eating chicken wings and have multiple camera angles and slow motion replay. They don't. This btw applies to cops when dealing with threats too.
This is an example of your wisdom that I like.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

jimhabegger wrote:In my view of feminism and social justice issues, there are real problems that need to be addressed, that are consequences of people devaluing women, and of people devaluing non-white people. Here are some of my disagreements with with the kinds of feminism and social justice that demonize white men. In my view:
- It isn't only men, and all men all the time, who devalue women, and it isn't only white people, and all white people all the time, who devalue non-white people.
Also it's not only women or non-white people who are devalued, and not all of them are devalued, and not in the same way in every society.

There's a hierarchy of devaluation: violence and servitude are the absolute worst, follow by unequal laws. Unequal laws devalue social groups much more than social attitudes, and restrictive, codified social attitudes much more than descriptive, vague ones. Being deprived of your personal freedom is worse than being deprived of your right to vote, which worse than being ostracized by your community for your choices, which is worse than being stereotyped, which is worse than having to deal with jokes and criticism.

SJWs lump everything together as "misogyny" and claim that it's slippery slope from a rape joke down to slavery and murder, or that rape jokes legitimate attitudes which legitimate rape. Their evidence for this claim is dubious.
- As far as feminist issues are concerned, the root of the problem is not that people are devaluing women. The root of the problem is people devaluing feminine qualities and capacities, and perverting masculine ones.
The root of the problem isn't even that. The root of the problem is the idea that people shouldn't choose for themselves by identify with the prototypical "feminine" or "masculine", or openly oppose those stereotypes and create new labels and group identities, instead of simply being themselves and trying to find their own path to life.
- People of all races devalue people not of their own race. The only thing that makes white people different is that the people whose societies dominate other people's societies the most, happen to be mostly white people.
Spot on. And even within "whites" some "whites" are more white than others, and classism is also part of the equation (which is what SJW ignore, since they're often elitist and classist).
- Demonizing white people and men damages not only the lives of white people and men, but the lives of all people, and all of society, without doing anything to help improve them.
It's just pointless. It's more in-group morality, out-group hostility, which is what creates sexism and racism.
- It is not only feminine qualities and capacities that are being devalued, and masculine ones that are being perverted. Some social problems are also a result of masculine qualities and capacities being devalued, and feminine ones being perverted.
Also a lot of problems are the result of things unrelated to gender.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

comhcinc wrote:Fuck that (what I wrote) is just awful to read. Horribly wrote.
It doesn't matter. The wisdom comes through anyway, at least for me, and actually the awful writing makes it more appealing.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

AndrewV69 wrote:Now seriously, this is why I doubt most/many/all conspiricy theorys. If a simple concept such as a "tipping point" can evade the grasp of a bunch of people charged with setting a tax policy, if they can not even manage that, just how the are they going to step up to the plate and formulate, manage, coordinate and cooperate over the simplest conspiracy?
This is where the Left and the Libertarians ought to be making common cause.

Libertarians generally hold people entirely responsible for their behaviour and oppose taxation; the Left accept social causes but only vague, indirect ones (poverty, capitalism, racism) and see taxation as a legitimate tool for changing behaviour: hence increasing tax in an attempt to stop people smoking even though this results in a falling revenue and a booming black market.

But there's a clear causal chain between rising tobacco taxes, the black market, and increased incidents between the police and the public.

Right now I'm seeing more criticism of this situation from the Libertarian side than the Left. For the Left it's just racist cops.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

paddybrown wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:So, does Phil Giordana actually live in Nice, or does he visit there?

He lives there, and his apartment backs on to the Promenade des Anglais. I hope he's ok.
Don't suppose you guys exchanged numbers or email addresses when you were there? Would you be able to send him a text or something?

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Damn. Let's hope our beloved french misadventurer and his friends and family come out unharmed. :(

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

Dave wrote:(revised by Jim to add letters for multiple choice question)

My social media feeds have recently seen a major increase in defense of #BlackLivesMatter as a hashtag and saying and attacks on #AllLivesMatter as misplaced concern. The following image has made several appearances:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CnUNqeHUkAAO1Mc.jpg:large

The problem with it of course is that Jesus's message really was that the poor are more blessed than the rich.

A: Is this a sign that some are admitting that there is an element of black supremacy in BLM?
B:Or is it a sign that Prosperity Gospel and similar understandings of Christianity have so pervaded the American consciousness that this aspect of Jesus's message is lost?
C: Most likely simply a sign that people dont think very deeply about the memes they pass on.
I choose C, or maybe, all of the above.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

There's fire at the base of the Eifel Tower now. It's looking like multiple attacks, maybe.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Is anybody here actually "shocked" or "surprised" at this latest attack?

No, of course not.

We, especially in Europe, are now expecting these attacks to happen at an ever-increasing regular interval. Oh, and I predict Germany or Sweden are due.......

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

After the recent football riots and on B Day - that would be quite the (negative) achievement.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Scented Nectar wrote:There's fire at the base of the Eifel Tower now. It's looking like multiple attacks, maybe.
I saw that. Other sources are saying it is an accident.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:There's fire at the base of the Eifel Tower now. It's looking like multiple attacks, maybe.
I saw that. Other sources are saying it is an accident.
I hope so.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Arrrgh. So I am laying here with an awful infected area (I will happily accept any of you doctor type pms) and watching house on my laptop. I switch over to the pit for a quick lolz and more attacks in France.

Fucks.

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

Cnutella wrote:
paddybrown wrote:

Don't suppose you guys exchanged numbers or email addresses when you were there? Would you be able to send him a text or something?
I have done. I'll let you know when I hear back.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Nice.

Fucking hell. Phil is indestructable, hope his Mrs and family are safe.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

Death toll up to 73. This is as bad as the attack in Paris.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

comhcinc wrote:Arrrgh. So I am laying here with an awful infected area (I will happily accept any of you doctor type pms) and watching house on my laptop. I switch over to the pit for a quick lolz and more attacks in France.

Fucks.
If you are watching House while you are ill I suspect you'll be up half the night worrying about what exotic parasite is munching on your innards.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Shatterface wrote:
comhcinc wrote:Arrrgh. So I am laying here with an awful infected area (I will happily accept any of you doctor type pms) and watching house on my laptop. I switch over to the pit for a quick lolz and more attacks in France.

Fucks.
If you are watching House while you are ill I suspect you'll be up half the night worrying about what exotic parasite is munching on your innards.
It's not my innards that I am worried about. I have an infected area is a really sensitive spot. I also have young child that like to jump in my lap.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Fucks.
Watching House?

Are you stuck in circa 2007?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

I didn't watch House went it was out. I like the show and have seen a lot of the episodes. I am binging on them now. Start a couple of weeks ago and I am up to the end of season 3 I think.

I am watching the episode where the gypsy teenager gets a toothpick in his gut and House has a bet with Cuddy so he is staying in a wheelchair.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

Kirbmarc wrote:And even within "whites" some "whites" are more white than others, and classism is also part of the equation (which is what SJW ignore, since they're often elitist and classist).
Exactly. From my reading, it looks to me like the academics who were advancing their careers by promoting Marxism, re-defined the oppressors from being capitalists/bourgeousie to being white men, and the oppressed from being laboring classes to being everyone else, for various reasons, possibly including:
- To escape detection as Marxists.
- In retaliation against the workers for discrediting them by not living up to their predictions about a revolution.
- An awareness that they themselves would be on the wrong side of a revolution, if there ever was one.

A thought that keeps running through my mind is that part of the reason that white men are being systematically defamed and demoralized, is to help reduce the chances of a revolution.
Also a lot of problems are the result of things unrelated to gender.
I agree wholeheartedly with that.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

I guess the bass player of Fairyland was near the attack and saw the whole thing. This is too close to Phil's life.:(
I hope the rest of his friends and family are okay...and Phil too, of course. Very sad day in France.

free thoughtpolice

comhcinc wrote:
Shatterface wrote:

Fucks.
It's not my innards that I am worried about. I have an infected area is a really sensitive spot. I also have young child that like to jump in my lap.
Go to the doctor. A friend of mine recently had a fairly small infected cyst on his knee, got really sick and had to visit the hospital for a week or 2 to get IV antibiotics. If you have anything like that, time is of the essence.

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

Hey Phil.... Check in please....

Sent from my 6045B using Tapatalk

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Shit, where is Phil.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Go to the doctor. A friend of mine recently had a fairly small infected cyst on his knee, got really sick and had to visit the hospital for a week or 2 to get IV antibiotics. If you have anything like that, time is of the essence.
I am not big tough guy meathead who don't need no book learning doctors. Unfortunately I am also not insured and even with my recent windfall on the employment side I do not have the money to see a doctor.

Right now I am trying prayer. That works for lots of people right?

free thoughtpolice

If reports are correct, the attacker had an automatic rifle and hand grenade(s).
Almost definitely a terror attack if that is true.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

I don't want to worry you but I knew a guy who had a rash on his belly and it grew into a vagina so best have it looked at.

[youtube]abFI9YTIW1U[/youtube]

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

rayshul wrote:Shit, where is Phil.
Sound asleep in his bed, hopefully.