The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
Service Dog

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by Service Dog »

If, years ago, you told me that-- in the future-- there would bs disorganized outbreaks of cops being killed, as retaliation for police brutality.. I would have imagined the attacks being part of a different social backdrop, than the one we're now living.

The truck attack in Nice makes me think we are living in a social context more-like the one I would have imagined, after all.

Namely, disparate groups-- with conflicting agendas & not much sympathy for each-others' causes-- are attempting to destabilize the status quo. Diverse 'brush fires' sparking in locations too scattered to be anticipated.

..a time of distributed anti-social 'arson'.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Trump on Fox News:

"She [Hilary Clinton] created ISIS".

I suspect every terrorist attack will play into the hands of Trump.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

mordacious1 wrote:
rayshul wrote:Shit, where is Phil.
Sound asleep in his bed, hopefully.

That's my hope. I have reached out to him via hangouts, email, and skype. I know others have already done so via facebook.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

comhcinc wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: Go to the doctor. A friend of mine recently had a fairly small infected cyst on his knee, got really sick and had to visit the hospital for a week or 2 to get IV antibiotics. If you have anything like that, time is of the essence.
I am not big tough guy meathead who don't need no book learning doctors. Unfortunately I am also not insured and even with my recent windfall on the employment side I do not have the money to see a doctor.

Right now I am trying prayer. That works for lots of people right?
Can't you go to emerg and claim poverty? I thought they can't turn you away?
At any rate, that doesn't sound like something that Jebus usually heals (doesn't sound like leprosy or blindness) and the sicker you get the more work you miss and the more expensive it is to fix.
Take that advice for what it's worth. I am not a doctor, have not played one on TV, and have never watched House.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Shatterface wrote:I don't want to worry you but I knew a guy who had a rash on his belly and it grew into a vagina so best have it looked at.
Worry? You know how long it's been since I got some action? That would be a benefit.

Think I could get a pussy pass then?

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

People, Phil is most likely doing shit he needs to do right now, i wouldn't be expecting him to log, nor would I read into anything from his abscence.

Fucking Bastille day, for you yanks, it's France's 4th July. Families and children enjoying the liberty and fraternity of the Republic.

Sick fucking sick.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Service Dog wrote:If, years ago, you told me that-- in the future-- there would bs disorganized outbreaks of cops being killed, as retaliation for police brutality.. I would have imagined the attacks being part of a different social backdrop, than the one we're now living.

The truck attack in Nice makes me think we are living in a social context more-like the one I would have imagined, after all.

Namely, disparate groups-- with conflicting agendas & not much sympathy for each-others' causes-- are attempting to destabilize the status quo. Diverse 'brush fires' sparking in locations too scattered to be anticipated.

Obama and EU are probably both hoping to put a martial law in place, so that they can 'rescue' everyone. They have certainly brought it about with all the destabilization and encouraging a race and culture problems with BLM and islamicism. In the US's case, martial law would mean that Obama could cancel the election and keep the globalists in power (there is no right and left any more). He'd get a third term. I think they are scared that Trump will win. In the EU, who knows what they have planned. Maybe something similar that would end up preventing all the *exit's.

Darth Cynic

Post by Darth Cynic »

Some disturbing images playing on CNN of bodies piled in the street, apparently the savage went for about 2km weaving through the crowds.

CNN also just reported that according to French TV the truck had firearms, grenades and other explosives onboard that may have been wired to be detonated as a large bomb. So as bad as it is it could possibly have been much, much worse.

Hope Phil wasn't down there.
CommanderTuvok wrote:Is anybody here actually "shocked" or "surprised" at this latest attack?

No, of course not.

We, especially in Europe, are now expecting these attacks to happen at an ever-increasing regular interval. Oh, and I predict Germany or Sweden are due.......
Probably, however, Daesh do seem intent on wailing on France / Belgium at the mo, perhaps in the hope that with enough pressure they can provoke a local backlash to gin up an ummah versus the crusader situation. Then maybe move on to another European state if the fire doesn't quite take.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

comhcinc wrote:
Shatterface wrote:I don't want to worry you but I knew a guy who had a rash on his belly and it grew into a vagina so best have it looked at.
Worry? You know how long it's been since I got some action? That would be a benefit.

Think I could get a pussy pass then?
I'd definitely pass on it. Not that you were offering.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Can't you go to emerg and claim poverty? I thought they can't turn you away?
At any rate, that doesn't sound like something that Jebus usually heals (doesn't sound like leprosy or blindness) and the sicker you get the more work you miss and the more expensive it is to fix.
Take that advice for what it's worth. I am not a doctor, have not played one on TV, and have never watched House.

Doesn't exactly work that way. I can go to a hospital emergency room. They will treat me without payment but I will be billed. Probably be couple thousand dollars. Then most likely they will give me some Rx which again cost money say couple hundred which I will not be able to pay for.

At the end of the day I will be deeper in debt and in about the same place medically.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Phil is safe, just got the notification on Facebook

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

Ali has marked Phil safe on Facebook. We can all breathe again.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Darth Cynic wrote:Some disturbing images playing on CNN of bodies piled in the street, apparently the savage went for about 2km weaving through the crowds.

CNN also just reported that according to French TV the truck had firearms, grenades and other explosives onboard that may have been wired to be detonated as a large bomb. So as bad as it is it could possibly have been much, much worse.

Hope Phil wasn't down there.
CommanderTuvok wrote:Is anybody here actually "shocked" or "surprised" at this latest attack?

No, of course not.

We, especially in Europe, are now expecting these attacks to happen at an ever-increasing regular interval. Oh, and I predict Germany or Sweden are due.......
Probably, however, Daesh do seem intent on wailing on France / Belgium at the mo, perhaps in the hope that with enough pressure they can provoke a local backlash to gin up an ummah versus the crusader situation. Then maybe move on to another European state if the fire doesn't quite take.
France has a very large history in the middle east, which makes it of particular interest to Islamic extremists, over and above it's involvement in the war against ISIS, It could well be argued that in terms of history, it is a bigger target than for example the UK (who are viewed as the US sidekick).

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

Don't mind being ninja'd on that one!

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Ninja'd

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Oh shit you ninja'd me then

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

You just cannot protect from this shit in anything that isn't a fucking police state.

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

One each.

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

mordacious1 wrote:
rayshul wrote:Shit, where is Phil.
Sound asleep in his bed, hopefully.
Hopefully!

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Too many ninjas, not enough sensei.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Thanks rayshul and paddybrown for sharing the Facebook notification.

And I thought the Froome-Porte-Mollema crash was going to be the worst thing that happened today ... :cry:

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

rayshul wrote:Phil is safe, just got the notification on Facebook
http://i.imgur.com/geamqgk.jpg

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

comhcinc wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: Can't you go to emerg and claim poverty? I thought they can't turn you away?

Doesn't exactly work that way. I can go to a hospital emergency room. They will treat me without payment but I will be billed. Probably be couple thousand dollars. Then most likely they will give me some Rx which again cost money say couple hundred which I will not be able to pay for.

At the end of the day I will be deeper in debt and in about the same place medically.
That sucks. If you don't mind me bruising your patriotic sensibility your system is fucked.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

free thoughtpolice wrote: That sucks. If you don't mind me bruising your patriotic sensibility your system is fucked.

Oh trust me I know. Want to know what is worst. The federal government changed things (obamacare) and if the state I lived in opted in I could get healthcare.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Good news to hear Phil is OK.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Of course, our concerns should be with those who will face the inevitable Islamophobic backlash.

You know, when it comes.

Any day now.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

How much does it cost to go to the doctor and get a prescription?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

rayshul wrote:How much does it cost to go to the doctor and get a prescription?
To go to a normal doctor I would first have to get accepted. Then it would cost a couple of hundred dollars just to see the doc. If they did something it would cost more. The drugs would depend on what they are.

For immediate aid see my post on the last page.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Fucking bastards. Just had lovely evening to celebrate at local village, ended with everyone really upset. France has had more than enough of this medieval stupidity.

Hope Phil and Ali are ok.

Darth Cynic

Post by Darth Cynic »

Za-zen wrote:You just cannot protect from this shit in anything that isn't a fucking police state.
That's a niggling worry and that certain approaches might be deemed justifiable. I mean how many of these attacks can there be before attitudes harden?

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

PeeZus has a post up about the Nice attack, entitled "Please stop killing people, everyone."

PZ you obfuscatory wankcrumpet, it's not everyone who's killing people ... it's a handful of fucking terrorists, usually in the name of "the religion of peace." Moron.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-07-1 ... th-threats

I linked this on Twitter yesterday., seems to be much more pertinent tonight

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

comhcinc wrote:
I'm glad to see that :)

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

On Twitter, a lot of the Black Lives Matter crowd and Islamist enablers such as Reza Aslan and Mehdi Hasan, are upset that the deaths if 70+ mainly white people have taken away victim-signalling status from black people and Muslims, for a couple of hours at least.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

There has obviously been a huge security focus on the recent Euro Championships and I'm sure the French authorities were desperate to avoid any incidents, with the whole world watching the games there was huge potential for a headline grabbing attack. 1 week later and the national celebration day is targeted, let's see who is to blame for this first I guess though.

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

Service Dog wrote:If, years ago, you told me that-- in the future-- there would bs disorganized outbreaks of cops being killed, as retaliation for police brutality.. I would have imagined the attacks being part of a different social backdrop, than the one we're now living.

I remember reading something in the mid 90's (wish I could remember the name of the essay) that the 21st century would either be the age of globalization or the age of Resurgent Tribes.

That essay seems pretty apt after 20 years.

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

When someone suggested that Obama woudl cancel the election 6 years ago, I scoffed.
Even two years ago.

But in the last year its been in the back of my mind...

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Clarence wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
I'm glad to see that :)
Well, what do you know? That is the most useful thing I have ever seen on social media. I find it a complete cesspit to be honest, but that feature of course has merit.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Why are you all talking about Islamic terrorism? My money says that the truck driver is a descendant of Bernard René Jourdan.

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

This might sound weird...but honestly, it's this level of stuff, people just driving trucks through huge crowds of people that really scares me the most.

Because it's so simple, so low-level and so destructive, to me it just feels more dangerous and more of a threat.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

CommanderTuvok wrote:On Twitter, a lot of the Black Lives Matter crowd and Islamist enablers such as Reza Aslan and Mehdi Hasan, are upset that the deaths if 70+ mainly white people have taken away victim-signalling status from black people and Muslims, for a couple of hours at least.
Happened last time too.

It'll happen the next.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Glad Phil is OK!

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Guess the people in Nice are lucky they didn't get make it high-level by setting off the explosives found in the truck.

Dave

Post by Dave »

Gumby wrote:Glad Phil is OK!
Ditto.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I'm now friending all of you on Facebook

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Anyone willing to give odds on whether Martin Hughes will deem me racist for my specific disagreements with BLM?

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/barrierbre ... 2783946021

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Anyone willing to give odds on whether Martin Hughes will deem me racist for my specific disagreements with BLM?

Any disagreement with BLM, specific or general, is racist be definition.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

[quote="Darth Cynic"...
CNN also just reported that according to French TV the truck had firearms, grenades and other explosives onboard that may have been wired to be detonated as a large bomb. So as bad as it is it could possibly have been much, much worse...[/quote]

Definitely. There's a slippery puddle near Phil's bidet, and his synth isnt plugged in to a surge protector. The primary attack was never gonna harm Phil. But it does signal high-alert for the true threats he now faces. An expired carton of milk... a potentially dick-pinching refridgerator door...

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

I had to see what inspired BarnOwl to call Peez an "obfuscatory wankcrumpet" :lol:

http://imgur.com/VLMvTMr.jpg

Everyone stop killing everyone, because chaos helps no one.

Yep, she was right. His posts are as useless and unnecessary as he is.

I'm glad we hooked up with Phil and Ali quickly, so I won't have to hold my breath all night.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Scented Nectar wrote: Obama and EU are probably both hoping to put a martial law in place, so that they can 'rescue' everyone. They have certainly brought it about with all the destabilization and encouraging a race and culture problems with BLM and islamicism. In the US's case, martial law would mean that Obama could cancel the election and keep the globalists in power (there is no right and left any more). He'd get a third term. I think they are scared that Trump will win. In the EU, who knows what they have planned. Maybe something similar that would end up preventing all the *exit's.
I cant picture Obama doing that. He's radically conventional.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Service Dog wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote: Obama and EU are probably both hoping to put a martial law in place, so that they can 'rescue' everyone. They have certainly brought it about with all the destabilization and encouraging a race and culture problems with BLM and islamicism. In the US's case, martial law would mean that Obama could cancel the election and keep the globalists in power (there is no right and left any more). He'd get a third term. I think they are scared that Trump will win. In the EU, who knows what they have planned. Maybe something similar that would end up preventing all the *exit's.
I cant picture Obama doing that. He's radically conventional.
Even as conspiracy theories go, it makes no sense. Why would 'globalists' give a shit who the President is when both the Democrats and the Republicans work for them? Better to keep the illusion of democracy.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

I've been inspired by Peezus's call not to kill anyone.

So from now on, to the best of my abilities, I'm going to stop killing people.

Anyone else want to take the pledge?

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Anyone willing to give odds on whether Martin Hughes will deem me racist for my specific disagreements with BLM?

I pitched in:

http://disq.us/p/1a1idnh

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Meanwhile, the inimitable Lady Black has a fool-proof solution to the police shootings epidemic: don't fire unless fired upon:

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/acco ... 2783966468

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Glad you're okay Phil!

Really?

Post by Really? »

Thank goodness. It's strange how much we care about each other even though we're all just shitlords on a message board.

katamari Damassi

Just listened to the podcast Hidden Brain and it confirmed what many of us have been saying about millennials. Studies confirm they suffer unprecedented levels of narcissism which makes it difficult to cope. The researcher interviewed also postulates that it is a product of the self esteem movement of the last 25 years or so.

katamari Damassi

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Meanwhile, the inimitable Lady Black has a fool-proof solution to the police shootings epidemic: don't fire unless fired upon:

It worked for the USS Enterprise. Cops just need deflector shields.

Darth Cynic

Post by Darth Cynic »

Ape+lust wrote:I had to see what inspired BarnOwl to call Peez an "obfuscatory wankcrumpet" :lol:

http://imgur.com/VLMvTMr.jpg

Everyone stop killing everyone, because chaos helps no one.

Yep, she was right. His posts are as useless and unnecessary as he is.

I'm glad we hooked up with Phil and Ali quickly, so I won't have to hold my breath all night.
I'd wager he's getting in early because all he can really deliver at this early point is pablum, it will be trite but it will still be a post on a major news event. That way when the perpetrator's identity becomes known and if it's one of those religion 'o' peace lads - a highly likely prospect, well, he's already said his piece. With the event quickly addressed he's safe, he need not walk any SJW minefield or be weirdly silent while he waits to see which way the wind doth blow. He might comment further but now he doesn't have to.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Meanwhile, the inimitable Lady Black has a fool-proof solution to the police shootings epidemic: don't fire unless fired upon:

I blame George Lucas for this.

http://www.lasertimepodcast.com/wp-cont ... sFirst.gif