The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
Brive1987

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by Brive1987 »

Ape+lust wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:[youtube]zPLCr4ouSNU[/youtube]
I watched that earlier. He's a pretty good sport about it, considering he immediately heard from the lonelyheart neckbeards who watch over Rebecca, including the mean fat one:

http://imgur.com/iK63bAE.jpg

They'll handle it. She's given them a thrill as a reward -- she's not wearing pants. Lookit all those likes and retweets! Patreon incoming!

http://imgur.com/cl9CTOp.jpg
It will be Adams job to get the skid marks off the sofa. Her snail trail will make his job that much harder.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

https://www.crowdrise.com/dont-prayfornice-payfornice

Almost $6,000 raised for a fundraiser to Nice, for Friends of Fondation De France Inc.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Brive1987 wrote:It will be Adams job to get the skid marks off the sofa. Her snail trail will make his job that much harder.
:lol: :lol:

Fortunately, he's employed by (ex)Mythbusters, so he has access to industrial-strength FIRE. It's the only way.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

I think the reality of that shit is starting to hit me. I'm fucking sick to my stomach, and I have to leave in one hour to drive Ali to work. I'm already thinking about safe routes.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Scented Nectar wrote: The views I'm referring to, are Trump's own claimed views. No one can read any politicians mind, but from how he expresses himself, both in words and mannerisms, I think that he is driven by better motives than the alternative at least.
A legitimate position. I'm wary of judging motives for better or worse. I'm worried about a trend to confuse sincerity with efficiency, though, and of confusing populist posturing with sincerity.

I'm cautious about Trump because people are fans of Trump. Huge emotional involvement in politics is never a good thing: it clouds judgment, leads to unrealistic expectations and can spiral into rash or fan-pandering decisions.
I don't think we can assume that discord was sown on a small scale. Discord, when done according to the 4 step plan, involves setting groups against each other, and look where identity politics is at today. Luckily though, I think this time around, people might as a whole be socially immune to some extent.
Discord develops in a less planned and more organic way. It doesn't take much for groups to be set against each other (in-group morality/out-group hostility etc.). You don't need gigantic efforts to have people follow identity politics, or to ignite small scale civil wars. You just need social issues which nobody deals with and a political ideology which paints certain groups as the source of all evil. It's not even a deliberate effort (although it's exploited by different groups for different purposes).
One doesn't need to believe in chemtrails or reptilians to believe that sometimes bad people conspire to do bad things. It's just dirty politics and it's as common as the common cold.
Of course, but there's no big, united conspiracy. It's a trend of many different forms of social manipulations for fun and profit.
Trump's ability to see what his customer base (taxpayers) wants, is going to be one of his strengths. He's got a good track record of providing what his customers want and taking pride in that success. If he's sincere (and he DOES have sincere vibes to me), then he's the best one for the job. I'm not saying that he's some sort of saviour, just that he's hugely the best candidate.
Again, a legitimate point. Although I don't think that politics can be run like a business. Businesses, as you point out, is about pleasing your costumers, and not the customers of a rival business. A politician should ideally have his program but represent all citizens as an institution, mostly to avoid the tragedy of the commons.

Can Trump do that? Maybe. Maybe not. His lack of political experience is a bit worrying in this department.
It's all fine to speculate that he might secretly favour some lobbyists, since no one can read his mind, but it would be silly to assume it. His experience is all about finding out what the customer base wants and providing it in a manner that is businesslike, efficient, and makes the customer happy.
It's not lobbyists I'm worried about (although it would be naive to assume that Trump doesn't have any, come on) but rash decisions taken only to appeal to his fan base. Populist decisions are what created the War on Drugs or "tough on crime" laws at the expense of more nuanced approaches to drugs and crime. Politics is the art of compromise, and I hope that Trump is able to come to reasonable compromises instead of insisting on things like building walls or banning all Muslims. He might as well could, but since he has no experience as a politician, all bets are off.
His political views are not "all over the place". He's very organized and clear about what he wants to do. The stuff he says is logical and full of common sense. Most politicians have never even had a real job in the real world. Trump has a ton of successful business experience. If he treats the country like a successful business that competes well with others, then he'll proudly support and defend it. He'll be more driven to make the US do well and its people happy than any other politician I can think of.
The problem is that a country isn't exactly like a business. As for his political views being "all over the place" I was mostly referring to his foreign policy. He seems more or less consistently isolationist, then he supports Russia but with strings attached, then he says that Germany should defend Ukraine, then comes up with saber-rattling against China and says that they should make Kim Jon Un "disappear", then he's willing to talk with him. One day he supports strongmen, the other he says that there should be no appeasement.

Make up your mind, Donnie.
With the catholic/birch society stuff, were you talking about the ex-kgb agent?
Yep.
Anyways, it's time to end political correctness and all the identity fights, and to unite the country. Trump's the best chance of that.
Maybe. Or maybe he's going to lead to more polarizing issues and more political violence.

It's not enough to end political correctness, one needs to listen to the real concerns behind the identity politics posturing. Is Trump willing to tone down "tough on crime" laws and the War on Drugs? Is he willing to improve US public schools by promoting vocational schools and giving them teaching material? Hopefully yes, even though those aren't popular ideas within his fan base.

Ending identity politics is all well and good but you can't do it unless you understand what are the real concerns behind them.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I think the reality of that shit is starting to hit me. I'm fucking sick to my stomach, and I have to leave in one hour to drive Ali to work. I'm already thinking about safe routes.
Phil, stay safe, man. Too much horrible shit that's already happened.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

Scented Nectar wrote:I've become a huge Trump fan and think he's the best choice. If he were to turn out to be a complete phony then... [go to step 4]
It's a total mystery to me how much he really is what he appears to be. It looks to me like what he does best is promoting himself. It isn't obvious to me how that might help resolve any problems if he becomes president, but I've been seeing more and more things happening that don't make any more sense to me than that. However that may be, watching him is a lot of fun for me.

Even if he is sincere, I'm sure that he wouldn't have made it this far if he weren't helping somehow to perpetuate the plundering and pillaging campaigns that I see inseparably intertwined with global monopoly games. As I said, one possibility I see is that he's being used, knowingly or unknowingly, to divert white men away from leading armed rebellions, which, now that I think of it, has already happened.
4. Adapt and move on. If the communization happens, then the fight will be lost and the only people allowed to live will be those who move on and adapt to the new way of things. True believers on either side of the old fights (race, sex, etc) will be killed or imprisoned. I really hope this doesn't happen, but if it does, survival will be more important than being stubborn over lost fights. I will become the best citizen ever and not make any waves whatsoever.
:lol:

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Brive1987 wrote:Warning definitely not safe for work or the squeamish. Pretty raw Nice footage.

I'll only link so you can make your own grown up decision whether to view. But for me the reality helps focus attention away from the jazz hands like a bucket of cold water.

On this footage, you can see a concert stage on the right. That's the stage JB and friends were playing on. I would have been smack in the middle of this shit. Thanks TV show Narcos and driving lessons. I emptied my other pants' pockets just now to get my wallet, and my keys were already in my pocket as we were getting ready to leave.

Close one.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Brive1987 wrote:Warning definitely not safe for work or the squeamish. Pretty raw Nice footage.

I'll only link so you can make your own grown up decision whether to view. But for me the reality helps focus attention away from the jazz hands like a bucket of cold water.

On this footage, you can see a concert stage on the right. That's the stage JB and friends were playing on. I would have been smack in the middle of this shit. Thanks TV show Narcos and driving lessons. I emptied my other pants' pockets just now to get my wallet, and my keys were already in my pocket as we were getting ready to leave.

Close one.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Oh, double post. Weird, I only clicked "submit" once, but it took longer than usual and now it's a double post.

Do I get any kind of award?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Kirbmarc wrote:The problem is that a country isn't exactly like a business. As for his political views being "all over the place" I was mostly referring to his foreign policy. He seems more or less consistently isolationist, then he supports Russia but with strings attached, then he says that Germany should defend Ukraine, then comes up with saber-rattling against China and says that they should make Kim Jon Un "disappear", then he's willing to talk with him. One day he supports strongmen, the other he says that there should be no appeasement.

Trump has always been sketchy in my mind, but what really makes me a double-take is whenever he praises totalitarian leaders as if it's not the stupidest thing to do in the world. So far he's given praise to Saddam Hussein, Muammar Gaddafi, the Chinese government Kim Jong-Un, Putin and Musso-fucking-lini. Never in my life would I vote for someone to get access to nuclear weapons who dismissed Saddam's war crimes as, "just a little gas"

Jesus wept. America is in a crisis. They have to choose between a corrupt, unfeeling sociopath, and Donald Trump. :pray:

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Oh, double post. Weird, I only clicked "submit" once, but it took longer than usual and now it's a double post.

Only if you get three cherries (whatever that means). Stay safe and sorry to hear about what you and your friends witnessed. I always wondered what would happen if a high speed vehicle plowed into a crowd. I was hoping to never find out.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Oh, double post. Weird, I only clicked "submit" once, but it took longer than usual and now it's a double post.

The Staying Alive Award?

Seriously I think Phil needs a Pit award for his dogged perseverance in continuing to survive.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

France 24 ate reporting 50 children hospitalised after the attack last night.

Hey FtB idiots, fuck you.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Phil, you're like the Seth McFarlane of the Pit.

Seriously, though. Watching the footage from that tweet...I wasn't even there and it makes me queasy. :bjarte:

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

*are reporting.

Fuck autocorrect patriarchy.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:

Close one.
My God. The horror, the horror. Seriously folks, think twice about watching this if you're not in a solid mood. If this turns out to be Islamic terror, this has to be some kind of last straw.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I'm so glad you're okay Phil. I'm so sorry for all the people who've been killed and hurt in your neighbourhood.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

MacGruberKnows wrote:
Aneris wrote:I don't understand what issues people have with the “black lives matter” slogan, which quite clearly is meant as black lives matter, too. It stands in context of the perception that racism has deadly consequences and people don't care enough. Now I know the full picture is more complicated, though — all things considered — it's an adequate slogan.

I also don't get, why people seemingly cannot do their thing. Yes, it was stupid when BLM took over other parades and gatherings etc. But that cannot be a reason to waste energy on opposing them at every turn. This is where I understand that the gesture of eagerly argueing over everything looks like a form of racism, too. I know there is this instinct that One Must Argue When Someone is Wrong On The Internet, especially when sorted to a disliked group like SJWs, but some Non-SJW seem to get too close to the Alt-Right.

It is also entirely adequate when people who are affected by Condition X get together and make a “Condition X Only” club, where they can discuss things without that people who are not affected won't disturb then. When it so happens that Condition X is sexism, or racism you get women only or POC only groups — again, I fail to see the problem. I know that often times Safe Spaces are misused, e.g. non-context based ideological rooms. But that must be assessed per case, and not be confused like those YouTubers did in their questions. Also, many of their questions are dumb.
Because "BLM" is code. Which is why I hate "Focus on the Family". It is code for anti-gay. "BLM" is only concerned about black lives ended by police. It is code for "anti-police" among a lot of other things, like feel guilty because you are white. Except I don't feel guilty, especially when I'm white and whitey white McWhiteFace is killing blacks at a far lower rate than blacks are killing blacks. When WWMcWF is killing blacks at a greater rate than blacks are then tell me to feel guilty. If you have 40,000 deaths a year from the plague and 500 deaths a year from measles, and all you are concerned about in terms of saving lives is those people dieing from measles I call bullshit. Something is fucked up. Something is going on behind the scenes. Somebody is being dishonest. And I'm not the one being dishonest.
Correct. The phrase means so much more, now.

The social justice warriors and regressive left are the first to point out that people who use 'x' phrase, are associated with the very worst people who use 'x' phrase. cf. GamerGate. Following their logic, people who use 'Black Lives Matter' are vehemently racist, antisemitic, pro-violent, and pro-Islamist. You can't have it both ways, SJWs!

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Anyone willing to give odds on whether Martin Hughes will deem me racist for my specific disagreements with BLM?

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/barrierbre ... 2783946021
It's by definition. Criticize a religion that is dominated by brown-skinned people - racism. Unless it is considered a 'white' religion like Catholicism. So even though it has grown far from its European roots over time, and especially over the last century:

http://www.pewforum.org/files/2013/02/P ... hart-1.png

It's like facts don't matter. They've decided Islam is a 'brown' religion. THey've decided Catholicism is 'white' religion. And those decisions, irrespective of the facts, are what governs them. Never mind, of course, that religions aren't races.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Shatterface wrote:I've been inspired by Peezus's call not to kill anyone.

So from now on, to the best of my abilities, I'm going to stop killing people.

Anyone else want to take the pledge?

I like to keep my options open. For example I might get hit by a car while crossing the street in a small Minnesota town. Then some bearded taint tries to help me. I might have to stab him.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

Really? wrote:
Aneris wrote:I don't understand what issues people have with the “black lives matter” slogan, which quite clearly is meant as black lives matter, too. It stands in context of the perception that racism has deadly consequences and people don't care enough. Now I know the full picture is more complicated, though — all things considered — it's an adequate slogan.
No, the terrible racists who push this stuff aren't saying "Black Lives Matter, Too." Try posting "White Lives Also Matter" on your Facebook page. Those who don't unfriend you will deluge you with poorly thought-through cartoons about how if you see a problem and someone else is trying to solve it, you should nag them into submission instead of trying to solve it yourself.

This poor sonofabitch is out of a job because he thinks that black lives are equal to white lives.

[youtube]ssx_eRGb0HQ[/youtube]
Sorry, I agree with Aneris. And if I posted "White Lives Also Matter" on my Facebook page I would probably get 100 likes. Maybe you have a lot of SJW FB friends.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

I'm so relieved to know you and Ali are safe, Phil. My thoughts are with you all, and with the loved ones of those who were killed or injured.

SJW students better stay out of my face today, especially any who might have the same monosynaptic reactions as FTB morons like "dianne."

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Tribble wrote:
It's by definition. Criticize a religion that is dominated by brown-skinned people - racism. Unless it is considered a 'white' religion like Catholicism. So even though it has grown far from its European roots over time, and especially over the last century:

[.img]http://www.pewforum.org/files/2013/02/P ... hart-1.png[/img]

It's like facts don't matter. They've decided Islam is a 'brown' religion. They've decided Catholicism is 'white' religion. And those decisions, irrespective of the facts, are what governs them. Never mind, of course, that religions aren't races.
SJWs are ignorant morons who judge reality on stereotypes. They envision Muslims as poor brown people and Christians as rich white people. They don't give a shit about nuance or accuracy. It's all about identity, identity, identity. And there's so pathetically US-centric.

For SJWs Christians=the white shitlordish US religious right while Muslims=the brown guys which the US right hates.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

paddybrown wrote:
MacGruberKnows wrote:Because "BLM" is code.
Yep, it's one of those emotional blackmail traps like "listen and believe" (which translates as "are you calling me a liar?"). Politics reduced to "have you stopped beating your wife?"

Interestingly, the SJW crybully tactic of shutting all discussion down because women have got nasty messages on the internet has taken over the UK Labour Party, who despite everything I thought were still more or less grown-ups. There's a leadership election campaign going on, and the party's National Executive Committee has suspended all local party meetings because damsels in distress.

[youtube]05QBaDi9aiE[/youtube]

Also, the person who has been convicted of harassing a mother whose child was murdered 23 years ago is... a 20-year-old girl. Kids these days.
The regressive left and SJWs always fail to realise their shaming tactics will be always be used on them in due time.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The moment police storm the truck.
Two observations.

1. Love the way the French police have the equivalent of neon fucking lights on their back
2. Who the hell videos a gun fight 30 metres away and tries to hide behind a street sign?

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Service Dog wrote:I've been listening to a highly technical podcast about Ketogenic diet, with physician Dom D'Agostino.

The medical jargon is far beyond my education. I googled the doctor, who eats over 300 grams of Fat per day, to see what he looks like...

https://65.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsip ... o1_500.jpg
I had one of those.

http://www.plaidstallions.com/kenner/sarmstrong.jpg

Keating

Post by Keating »

The truck driver has been named as Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel, so probably a Christian white male.

The French PM also thinks the French are just going to have to get used to terrorist attacks happening every couple of weeks.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Keating wrote:The truck driver has been named as Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel, so probably a Christian white male.

The French PM also thinks the French are just going to have to get used to terrorist attacks happening every couple of weeks.
If we were serious we'd send Pauline to sort the mess out. Or they could just deport all the sand jockeys.
Btw you are off my PM list.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Tribble wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Anyone willing to give odds on whether Martin Hughes will deem me racist for my specific disagreements with BLM?

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/barrierbre ... 2783946021

http://www.pewforum.org/files/2013/02/P ... hart-1.png

It's like facts don't matter. They've decided Islam is a 'brown' religion. THey've decided Catholicism is 'white' religion. And those decisions, irrespective of the facts, are what governs them. Never mind, of course, that religions aren't races.
You don't have to go too far back in US history to find Irish and Italians (who were predominantly Catholic) treated as non-white, and in the UK we had troops in Ireland to keep the Catholics in line.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Btw the "Carrier zone" is growing and gaping like hells own goatse. Heina really pulled up stakes with that one.

I'd plot it but you know.

I don't have the spoons for more ridicule and harassment from my peers.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Really? wrote:
I just disagree that it's primarily inherently racist to bring up that even though police shootings are down, we could always decrease the number of police shootings, regardless of the race of the shooter or victim. So let's work on that.
96% of shootings are justified and are of armed suspects, frequently mentally ill or under the influence, who are failing to comply. In case you missed it, this is what can happen when cops give people who do not comply too much rope:

[youtube]L6z8q4lOrDU[/youtube]

It's real easy to criticize police and tell them, like BLM does, to not fire unless fired upon. Personally, if the man behind the badge, I'm not dead in this scenario. When he rushed me the first time I'd have shot. You don't get a second chance. If you don't comply, you get shot. You don't get a second chance. Your life is not more important than mine and your 'clowning around' or 'acting tough,' even if you think it's cute and/or funny' is indistinguishable from the same situations that get cops killed.

So, I don't see where there's a lot of room to 'stop shooting people' as even the non-justified cases are seldom cut-and-dried.

No, the Dylan Smart suicide by cop shooting gets ignored and people start throwing rocks at cops because a guy who threatened a homeless guy with his gun wouldn't give up his gun or at least hold his hands where the cops could see them. So now we need to pretend that Whiteass, Minnesota is a hotbed of white supremacy, or else we're racist. We need to pretend that the African-American police chief of Dallas is a race traitor or something because his officers killed a spree shooter who was targeting cops with a robot.
Of course, anything that doesn't fit the narrative must be discounted or ignored. Anything that contradicts the narrative is nothing more than white/cop supremacy garbage spewed by racists. So even when a liberal, black professor at Harvard (the youngest man to ever gain tenure at Harvard, he's that good) studies over 1,000 shootings and come to the conclusion there's no racial bias in shootings, the narrative must reject "Uncle Tom's Conclusions."

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote: The views I'm referring to, are Trump's own claimed views. No one can read any politicians mind, but from how he expresses himself, both in words and mannerisms, I think that he is driven by better motives than the alternative at least.
A legitimate position. I'm wary of judging motives for better or worse. I'm worried about a trend to confuse sincerity with efficiency, though, and of confusing populist posturing with sincerity.
That's where his successful business experience comes in. He has a better chance of being efficient and effective than the others. That combined with the things he intends to do, sound very good.
I'm cautious about Trump because people are fans of Trump. Huge emotional involvement in politics is never a good thing: it clouds judgment, leads to unrealistic expectations and can spiral into rash or fan-pandering decisions.
It's hard to not be emotional when someone might be a much better leader than the all the others have been for decades and decades, but set that aside and think about his actual plans and abilities. That's assuming that he's true to his word of course, which obviously can't be assumed about anyone, although he does have a good track record in doing this stuff in his businesses.
Discord develops in a less planned and more organic way. It doesn't take much for groups to be set against each other (in-group morality/out-group hostility etc.). You don't need gigantic efforts to have people follow identity politics, or to ignite small scale civil wars. You just need social issues which nobody deals with and a political ideology which paints certain groups as the source of all evil. It's not even a deliberate effort (although it's exploited by different groups for different purposes).
But it's also not necessarily NOT deliberate. And it's definitely something that gets used as a tool in the 4 step plan. It seems more likely that it IS deliberate, even if it's not some version of the original 4 step plan since it would still be useful politically. It especially seems deliberate when I consider how much the gov't and the mainstream media (including major social media) censor/encourage/falsely-trend/pander/etc all the identity politics.
One doesn't need to believe in chemtrails or reptilians to believe that sometimes bad people conspire to do bad things. It's just dirty politics and it's as common as the common cold.
Of course, but there's no big, united conspiracy. It's a trend of many different forms of social manipulations for fun and profit.
Where's the profit in false trends? Why not give the customers what they want? The more happy customers, the better the profits. However, Silicon Valley is already making a shit-ton of money by hiring immigrants on special visas and they are hoping for more. They are willing to work at poverty rates and Facebook wants enough of them to flood out 100% of what would have been entry level positions for citizens. These days, even Crooked Hillary is admitting that most (or many or something) new jobs are going to be in coding. How many coders do you know who deserve to make burger-flipping rates for their whole careers? It's not fair. Sure it's also not fair on people who live in shittier countries and who consider US poverty level life to be better than what they're escaping, but first a country should take care of its own, not lower their quality of life (job hopes and American dream dashed, higher crime rates) in order to make more money for the already-rich-enough and more absolute power for the already-powerful-enough.
Trump's ability to see what his customer base (taxpayers) wants, is going to be one of his strengths. He's got a good track record of providing what his customers want and taking pride in that success. If he's sincere (and he DOES have sincere vibes to me), then he's the best one for the job. I'm not saying that he's some sort of saviour, just that he's hugely the best candidate.
Again, a legitimate point. Although I don't think that politics can be run like a business. Businesses, as you point out, is about pleasing your costumers, and not the customers of a rival business. A politician should ideally have his program but represent all citizens as an institution, mostly to avoid the tragedy of the commons.

Can Trump do that? Maybe. Maybe not. His lack of political experience is a bit worrying in this department.
What politician skill is he missing and which can't be better served by his business savvy? Do you really think any other politicians today have some special peacekeeping or dealmaking or keeping-people-happy skill that Trump doesn't? His business skills seem way more apt for pleasing the customers/citizens/taxpayers. He's not just some dumb idealistic all-talk type. He's got a lot of experience in negotiating deals, knowing what the people want, and making money for his business which could easily translate to making the US financially stable and successful again.
It's not lobbyists I'm worried about (although it would be naive to assume that Trump doesn't have any, come on) but rash decisions taken only to appeal to his fan base. Populist decisions are what created the War on Drugs or "tough on crime" laws at the expense of more nuanced approaches to drugs and crime. Politics is the art of compromise, and I hope that Trump is able to come to reasonable compromises instead of insisting on things like building walls or banning all Muslims. He might as well could, but since he has no experience as a politician, all bets are off.
He literally wrote "The Art of the Deal", so I think he'll do better with finding reasonable compromises while not giving in on important stuff. For instance, the wall is very good idea and it sounds like he's planning on sticking with that, and if he doesn't, I'm sure some equally strong border protection will be there instead. Mexico is only going to pay for the wall in that the US loses many times the price into Mexico illegally through the open border - he explained it at a rally but I forget the details. They wouldn't actually have to fork over cash for it. As far as the muslims go, he's backed down a bit and now says that it would not be a complete ban, but that there would be very strong vetting. That sounds quite reasonable to me, and it shows that he's not stubborn - he does reasonable compromises just fine.
His political views are not "all over the place". He's very organized and clear about what he wants to do. The stuff he says is logical and full of common sense. Most politicians have never even had a real job in the real world. Trump has a ton of successful business experience. If he treats the country like a successful business that competes well with others, then he'll proudly support and defend it. He'll be more driven to make the US do well and its people happy than any other politician I can think of.
The problem is that a country isn't exactly like a business. As for his political views being "all over the place" I was mostly referring to his foreign policy. He seems more or less consistently isolationist, then he supports Russia but with strings attached, then he says that Germany should defend Ukraine, then comes up with saber-rattling against China and says that they should make Kim Jon Un "disappear", then he's willing to talk with him. One day he supports strongmen, the other he says that there should be no appeasement.

It seems smart to both maintain one's own country's agency and independence while at the same time getting along well with other countries, even shitty ones. He's not a pushover though, and wants to get rid of isis since isis wants to get rid of the US. Since dealmaking is his forte, I suspect that his statements that sound like support vs no appeasement are just initial negotiating ideas/talk. He talks in his rallies about how he would have handled the Iranian prisoner thing years ago, and he seems to know his stuff in the idea haggling exchange thingy that happens. He literally wrote the book on it, which I want to buy one of these days.
With the catholic/birch society stuff, were you talking about the ex-kgb agent?
Yep.
It says Yuri gave an interview to someone connected to the Birch society, but not whether he was a member and if so which of their policies he agreed with. It doesn't mention whether he's catholic, but if so, who cares? No one's fight is with them these days other than people who want to deflect from what the muslims are doing by blaming christians for everything like the sjws do. I don't agree with Yuri's ideas about religion anyways. He may know his stuff as far as his training and the 4 step plan, but he seems to have replaced his old ideology with a new one. One that's an unprovable ideology. He says in one of the videos that he realizes it's unprovable though, so I think he just finds it useful as a communism preventer. I think the same could be accomplished by people uniting over something that does not require magical beliefs, such as a modern form of patriotism. Not some extremist version of the sort the left fears and sees everywhere, but just a healthy respect and protection and pride of one's own country and all it's citizens no matter where their ancestors came from in previous generations. No need for BLM if everyone is united. Trump wants to make life good for all Americans with jobs, safety etc.
Anyways, it's time to end political correctness and all the identity fights, and to unite the country. Trump's the best chance of that.
Maybe. Or maybe he's going to lead to more polarizing issues and more political violence.

It's not enough to end political correctness, one needs to listen to the real concerns behind the identity politics posturing. Is Trump willing to tone down "tough on crime" laws and the War on Drugs? Is he willing to improve US public schools by promoting vocational schools and giving them teaching material? Hopefully yes, even though those aren't popular ideas within his fan base.

Ending identity politics is all well and good but you can't do it unless you understand what are the real concerns behind them.
You can't say that will lead to more polarizing and violence. Logically it would be the opposite since he speaks AGAINST the polarizing and violence. That's what the sjws sometimes say about people who speak up against islamicism - like some people currently are in regards to the Nice terrorism. They are blaming islamophobia as having driven terrorists to doing it.

The US needs a bit more toughness on crime right now. And as far as drugs go, Trump wants to do something about the heroin epidemic that's happening right now. I can't remember what he said about it, but something about borders combined with more treatment facilities or something? It's not a bad thing to stop. I'm all for legalized pot used by responsible adults, but hard dangerous drugs that cause a lot of crime to pay for them and make neighbourhoods rife with gangs are another thing.

With the schools, he wants to get rid of Common Core, which is good. I don't know why you think vocational schools and more teaching materials wouldn't be a popular idea though, since his fans WANT more jobs and better schools that teach useful skills.

He has a very good understanding of identity politics. I mean, he is the only one who's not playing identity politics himself. He discusses it in his rallies and tweets. The others won't even mention it.

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Aneris wrote:
Really? wrote:
No, the terrible racists who push this stuff aren't saying "Black Lives Matter, Too." Try posting "White Lives Also Matter" on your Facebook page. Those who don't unfriend you will deluge you with poorly thought-through cartoons about how if you see a problem and someone else is trying to solve it, you should nag them into submission instead of trying to solve it yourself.

This poor sonofabitch is out of a job because he thinks that black lives are equal to white lives.

[.youtube]ssx_eRGb0HQ[/youtube]
But the reference to BLM is not needed when you want to raise some other points. You can make your thing anytime you want, but when you refer to BLM (or some other movement), you will be seen in context — likely in opposition to it. Refercing their slogan will be understood as mockery, or parody rather than homage, and understood as subversion. And that should be obvious. At least it is to me.

People also cannot complain about SJWs co-opting movements and hobbies and derail them with their nonsense, yet do the same to some movement. I think that people do seem racist or grossly insensitive (or socially challenged) who come out of the woodwork with their White Lives Also Matter, or All Lives Matter, because they are obviously derailing and sabotaging a subject BLM activists have picked for themselves. This would be different when some effort is put into appearing side by side, as a partner-idea, e.g. against the prison industry, etc.
I hear what you're saying, but you're missing some context (perhaps because you're not in the US?).

The BLM movement formed in the aftermath of Ferguson. It started as #HandsUpDon'tShoot, because Michael Brown's friend who was with him during the encounter lied to the media when interviewed on location. BLM continued with the lie, many calling for the cop's blood even after the grand jury's documents were released which contained several sworn statements from black eyewitnesses corroborating the cop's version of events.

At the time, I just couldn't believe what people were saying on Facebook, in person, etc. Such vile idiocy. If you looked at the evidence and formed your own opinion, you were a racist. In the cop's testimony, he said that the look on Michael Brown's face was frightening, almost demonic. An English professor I know shared this quote and added that it was akin to a rapist saying that "she was asking for it" because of how she was dressed. It's all narrative.

Before BLM formally started, there was the killing of Trayvon Martin also. Opinions varied here. My take was that George Zimmerman should have been tried and convicted of something, but that the prosecutors seriously overreached in charging him with murder and maybe even manslaughter. I read the jury instructions, and it seems to me that the jury got it right. The prosecution had to prove malicious intent beyond a shadow of a doubt (crimes of negligence weren't on the table). And yet, when I shared these views with my own (SJW) sister, she actually called me a racist. For agreeing with her that Zimmerman deserved to go to prison, but blaming the prosecution for fucking up instead of blaming the jury.

The problem with BLM isn't their name or their cause. The problem is that they've redefined racism as disagreement with anything BLM participants say or do, and they Must Call Out And Shame All Racists™. The result is that would-be allies are forced into silence. You can't support their cause without buying their whole SJW facts-be-damned ideology. Even when rioting and looting breaks out in the streets, condemning the violence and collateral damage is deemed racist. If you're a liberal in America, you see what I'm describing all the time on social media.

So that's the context.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Brive if I could impose upon your good graces once more, I think the world could use a nice infographic about Becky's various legitimate writing jobs and the dates where she started turning in work late to when she was eventually dropped from the publication. Not the Patreon stuff because whogivesafuck, but the actual jobs that she could have made a career out of had she not been a talentless and lazy fraud.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Wow. Pretty bad.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

And the cunts have started.

Pokemon Go is amazing little game that has brought people of all races, religions, etc., together. And, of course, people who aren't (or sometimes are) socially retarded do strike up conversations with others when they meet at rare or important Pokemon areas. And the conversations are generally reciprocated with everyone talking about their pokemons, where to find the best pokemons, etc.

And if you can't, you can just politely disengage and even walk away if you choose. It's really that simple. And certainly not worth a full page of whining in a magazine about someone who struck up a conversation with you as you demonstrate to the world just how socially inept and narcissistic you are that you can't deal with it.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

jimhabegger wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:I've become a huge Trump fan and think he's the best choice. If he were to turn out to be a complete phony then... [go to step 4]
It's a total mystery to me how much he really is what he appears to be. It looks to me like what he does best is promoting himself. It isn't obvious to me how that might help resolve any problems if he becomes president, but I've been seeing more and more things happening that don't make any more sense to me than that. However that may be, watching him is a lot of fun for me.

Even if he is sincere, I'm sure that he wouldn't have made it this far if he weren't helping somehow to perpetuate the plundering and pillaging campaigns that I see inseparably intertwined with global monopoly games. As I said, one possibility I see is that he's being used, knowingly or unknowingly, to divert white men away from leading armed rebellions, which, now that I think of it, has already happened.
I think he's sincere in that he has a track record of running businesses he can be proud of and sees the country as the next level in running a successful business. His business experience is in running actual businesses with all the planning, organizing, task delegating, etc that goes with that. He may be promoting himself, but if he didn't, he'd not be in the running. He is charismatic, but that's just his lucky packaging. His plans, if sincere, are more important. I doubt he's a secret globalist, but since the others are for-sure globalists, he's still the best chance.
4. Adapt and move on. If the communization happens, then the fight will be lost and the only people allowed to live will be those who move on and adapt to the new way of things. True believers on either side of the old fights (race, sex, etc) will be killed or imprisoned. I really hope this doesn't happen, but if it does, survival will be more important than being stubborn over lost fights. I will become the best citizen ever and not make any waves whatsoever.
It's no joke. If it turns out to be a successful 4 step plan, and if that plan goes the same way as it has in many other countries in the past, then the best option is to adapt to it and move on from the previous fights. In China and the USSR, true believers (of any sides) in the previous destabilization stage group fighting were eliminated, such as lefties who were appalled that the ideological equality they were expecting didn't actually happen once the communist regimes got in, or righties who maintained an anti-communist stance after the takeovers. So, does one choose to be stubborn about a fight one's lost, or do one's best to survive in a manner that's least harmful to oneself? I'd rather live partially free than to be dead or in a labour camp. It would still suck, but not as bad.

Of course, I'd hugely rather Trump and all the EU *exits win, but if they don't, it's a lost fight and time to make do with whatever system wins since a globalist system can never be voted out. They will have complete authoritarian control at some point, and I'll be out for my own survival which means I wouldn't want to make life suck even more for myself by pissing off the new leaders. Biting my tongue a bit would be less painful than a labour camp or death.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I just woke up. Let me the time to catch up with the events.
Ah, you're not dead. I was worried. Just because there was facebook thing doesn't mean it was really you and since I don't facebook beyond family, I had no way of knowing you were alive.

But I did think about you when I saw it was in Nice.

I'll leave the politics out for now as I'm just glad you didn't get killed and sad the others did.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Tribble wrote:

Pokemon Go is amazing little game that has brought people of all races, religions, etc., together. And, of course, people who aren't (or sometimes are) socially retarded do strike up conversations with others when they meet at rare or important Pokemon areas. And the conversations are generally reciprocated with everyone talking about their pokemons, where to find the best pokemons, etc.

And if you can't, you can just politely disengage and even walk away if you choose. It's really that simple. And certainly not worth a full page of whining in a magazine about someone who struck up a conversation with you as you demonstrate to the world just how socially inept and narcissistic you are that you can't deal with it.
Clearly you have never been a position where you were faced with a blank page, a looming deadline and had no idea of what to write about.

If people like you had their way - individuals with all the talent and drive of, say a George Costanza, would be out of a job.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Shatterface wrote:
You don't have to go too far back in US history to find Irish and Italians (who were predominantly Catholic) treated as non-white, and in the UK we had troops in Ireland to keep the Catholics in line.
Oh, I'm well aware of it. And it's worse than most people know. You don't have to go to far back and find the English sold the Irish as slaves (starting with James II) in the Caribbean and the American Colonies. Because of that, some US Colonies enacted laws that free blacks (who could and did buy and own slaves) couldn't own a white (Christian) slave. And Irish slaves were cheaper. Black slaves, during that time, cost 50 Pounds. Irish slaves cost 5 Pounds.

By the time the English got done killing or enslaving and shipping out the Irish, the population of Ireland had dropped from 1.5 million to 600K

So, yeah. I'm well aware of what the Irish went through as one of my grandmothers was half-Irish by descent (Reed). And I understand why so many of the Irish still hate the English. Even if it didn't happen to them, their friends or family, in generations. Stuff like that goes beyond the personal and into the culture.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Sunder wrote:Brive if I could impose upon your good graces once more, I think the world could use a nice infographic about Becky's various legitimate writing jobs and the dates where she started turning in work late to when she was eventually dropped from the publication. Not the Patreon stuff because whogivesafuck, but the actual jobs that she could have made a career out of had she not been a talentless and lazy fraud.
What, am I your PowerPoint wielding info-whore, pic-bitch now?

What did she have? There was the Sci-Am stuff I could never read 'cause I was in Australia.

I went to her linked-in page to check and guess what? It's gone. It was there recently when I rabbited on about her magic shop but now - bang. I guess even she saw the obvious pathetic embarrassment of it.

I'd call her up (her details are freely available on the public webz) but harassment.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Tribble wrote:

Wow. Pretty bad.
and Award for the most idiotic comment probably goes to.....
crispy ‏@whataloadatosh 14h
@WMacParker @70219 @IanKerr it is awfully graphic but looks strangely staged
Yeah cos like you'd know what a real atrocity looks like compared to a fake one

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

I safely drove Ali to work. The Promenade was closed so we chose to go through the city center instead of the speedway, but we could see the teams still collecting the bodies. The mood is very grim all round. I have to leave for the bike lessons in 30 minutes. I so don't feel like going anywhere.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Tribble wrote:

Wow. Pretty bad.
and Award for the most idiotic comment probably goes to.....
crispy ‏@whataloadatosh 14h
@WMacParker @70219 @IanKerr it is awfully graphic but looks strangely staged
Yeah cos like you'd know what a real atrocity looks like compared to a fake one
Very well staged. I wonder where they found all the bodies we saw.

Today is not the day for SJWs to spew their bullshit.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

There's more info about the driver (apply appropriate dosage of salt).

He was a loner, prone to depression, lost his relationship and was just refused a credit request. He wasn't known to be radicalized or have any religious attachments. He was under the scope of justice for violent acts and crimes with a weapon.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

The Globe and Mail continues to trail after The Grauniad in their slide into bien-pensant kumbaya-ness.

Naila Keleta-Mae has been writing articles on BLM. Her byline was this:
Screen Shot 2016-07-15 at 9.39.41 AM.png
(114.94 KiB) Downloaded 291 times
Link

but has been changed to show this:
Screen Shot 2016-07-15 at 9.40.01 AM.png
(104.14 KiB) Downloaded 289 times
Link

The article goes on to announce the silly notion that:
Screen Shot 2016-07-15 at 9.40.33 AM.png
(20.21 KiB) Downloaded 279 times
But the intriguing thing is the excision of the word 'theatre'. Was there a brief moment of clarity when she had the insight to remember that theatre professors are valued very little by the general population? Fuck, no! They're all wrong and horrible, horrible people. I suspect there was the realisation that it was all too appropriate, as what BLM does is street theatre.

German StrutBoatsman

Post by German StrutBoatsman »

Brive1987 wrote: 1. Love the way the French police have the equivalent of neon fucking lights on their back
2. Who the hell videos a gun fight 30 metres away and tries to hide behind a street sign?
1. Looks like reflectors to me.
2. 42 yo Egyptian taking a break from the shit he knows from home:
http://www.nbcnews.com/card/now-middle- ... ss-n609786

dogen

Post by dogen »

Scented Nectar wrote:
jimhabegger wrote:

I think he's sincere in that he has a track record of running businesses he can be proud of and sees the country as the next level in running a successful business.
I disagree. I think the Trump University fiasco is a better indictor of what's behind Trump's mask. He's a two-bit huckster, and his priority is always fleecing the marks rather than providing an honest service.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:There's more info about the driver (apply appropriate dosage of salt).

He was a loner, prone to depression, lost his relationship and was just refused a credit request. He wasn't known to be radicalized or have any religious attachments. He was under the scope of justice for violent acts and crimes with a weapon.
There is this though:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote:Here is Greg the mental Guppy explaining how police guns should be banned from likely terrorist incidents.

http://i.imgur.com/uCHP00W.jpg

Here is the Nice truck stopped from further Steven King non human involved mechanistic-murder by a deluge of bullets

http://i.imgur.com/FBPxy24.jpg

Fuck me dead.
... killing the driver wouldn't magically arrest the forward momentum of a ton plus of steel ....
It's not like we're in outer space, retard.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Tribble wrote:

Victim-blaming! She was approached by a skeevy nerdman and chatted with, even though she didn't give him permission to speak to her. The nerdman made her uncomfortable, which is a prelude to rape. The nerdman was Schroedinger's rapist, etc. etc.

Now if it was a Muslim who told her to dress up and not show skin and she wrote an article about it, then she'd have been racist...

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I think the reality of that shit is starting to hit me. I'm fucking sick to my stomach, and I have to leave in one hour to drive Ali to work. I'm already thinking about safe routes.
Relieved that you and Ali were safe. I believe we were all a bit worried.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

"A ton plus."

Well you can tell the FTB crew don't have a good grasp on automotives.

Your standard four door sedan weighs "a ton plus." We're talking about a truck which is closer to the seven ton range not including the trailer.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Keating wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:There's more info about the driver (apply appropriate dosage of salt).

There is this though:
Is that a flintlock? I don't think a picture of some kids holding up some cheap weapon reproductions means anything.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Brive1987 wrote:Btw the "Carrier zone" is growing and gaping like hells own goatse. Heina really pulled up stakes with that one.

Perhaps she is taking a break from blogging to finish her book.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Skep tickle wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Btw the "Carrier zone" is growing and gaping like hells own goatse. Heina really pulled up stakes with that one.

Perhaps she is taking a break from blogging to finish her book.

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

Keating wrote:

There is this though:
Kinda classless move there by Robinson. Their daddy just got killed after murdering dozens of innocent people.

Pseudomonas

Post by Pseudomonas »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Today is not the day for SJWs to spew their bullshit.
Absolutely.

Very relieved to hear that you and Ali are OK, though I understand the shock. Take care.

Pseudomonas