The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
sp0tlight

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by sp0tlight »

Time to update mood with a black and white photo.

http://i.imgur.com/BzwgA72.jpg

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

AndrewV69 wrote:Re Steve Shives and whatshisname, the beard & long hair guy ... Aron Ra?

Anyway, some of you seem to not realize that there is nothing some men will do or say on behalf of the Facist Gynocrats Wot Control The Vagina Supply as long as he is getting some.

Cue my "joke" about many a MRA/MIGTOW being one blowjob away from chucking the whole thing away.

You thought I was just joking. Admit it. If the guresome twosome stopped getting laid they would change their tune so quickly it would blow your mind away.

The only exorcism that would work on those like them would involve these words : The power of pussy compels you!

Shives is losing subs on YouTube: http://socialblade.com/youtube/user/stevelikes2curse

And this has been going on for some time. At one time he was good at doing the atheist 'de-bunk' religious claims thing. Then he turned into an SJW, put his balls in escrow, and turned into a cringe-worthy man-baby. I unsubscribed from him a long-time ago. and he's been going backwards, in subscriber count, for a long time now.

I just wish Laci Green and some of the other would share his fate.

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

Tribble wrote:I just wish Laci Green and some of the other would share his fate.
She has MTV backing.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:Re Steve Shives and whatshisname, the beard & long hair guy ... Aron Ra?

Anyway, some of you seem to not realize that there is nothing some men will do or say on behalf of the Facist Gynocrats Wot Control The Vagina Supply as long as he is getting some.

Cue my "joke" about many a MRA/MIGTOW being one blowjob away from chucking the whole thing away.

You thought I was just joking. Admit it. If the guresome twosome stopped getting laid they would change their tune so quickly it would blow your mind away.

The only exorcism that would work on those like them would involve these words : The power of pussy compels you!
So, it is pussy that is keeping these pussies acting likes pussies?

I mean less has been done for good pussy.

http://www.crystalinks.com/trojanhorse.jpg

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

Woha, that's awesome. Did you really just glued stuff to her dress or…?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

sp0tlight wrote:
Woah, that's awesome. Did you really just glued stuff to her dress or…?

http://www.makeup-fx.com/images/glue.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

On that unremarkable day when PZ chases his last Pokemon, let's remember the man's capacity for human empathy.

http://i.imgur.com/H7Ddayg.jpg

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Too cool. I know you kept some ....

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

CommanderTuvok wrote:

So, it is pussy that is keeping these pussies acting likes pussies?
I think it's more than that. His missus is the only one of the two who talks about having a day job. If she's keeping the lights on while he's dicking around with his YouTube empire, it'd be easy for her to buffalo him -- if she's not happy, he'll have to put away that stupid hat and apply for work at Home Depot.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

A picture of the Tokyo attacker has been released.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... dd924a.jpg

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

On a related topic, we should not be surprised when atheists are arseholes to Christians turn out to be arseholes in other ways (eg Peez, Shives). It's a bit like how they say serial killers start out being cruel to animals.

I was at church this morning. the funeral of my old Boys' Brigade* captain, Davy Catherwood, who was in a fatal collision with a car while out cycling last week. Terrible god-botherer, but otherwise genuinely nice guy, put his money where his mouth was, did what he could for people in the local community, raised money for causes he believed in, did occasional humanitarian work overseas. Fantastic dad, embarrassed his teenage daughters with consummate ease and gusto. You could disagree with his faith vehemently, and he'd argue with you, but he wouldn't take offence or hold it against you. Christians are people too. Some Christians are arseholes, but Davy wasn't. He was a good guy.

*The Boys' Brigade, for those of you who don't know it, is a kind of paramilitary version of the Scouts. Lots of square-bashing and keeping your uniform clean and your belt-buckle polished, and a fair amount of muscular Christianity. We marched in the Lord Mayor's Show, and I got to be in two pantomimes, one of which, Snow White and the Five Dwarves, you would not believe was performed in an iner east Belfast Methodist church hall. Snow White was born a boy, which puzzled his parents as it said girl in the script, and grew up wanting to be a girl and was eventually transformed into one by the good fairy, a big lump of an officer (the officers were the adult leaders) with a moustache, a tutu, union jack boxer shorts and a magic mallet. Four of the dwarves were played by kids from the junior BB, and the fifth, Dopey, was another big lump of an officer. The handsome prince was incredibly camp and ended up running off with Dopey. I forget who Snow White ended up with., but it was a masterpiece. No idea if the transgender and same-sex-relationship stuff would be applauded or get us lynched by SJWs today.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

sp0tlight wrote: Woha, that's awesome. Did you really just glued stuff to her dress or…?
I really can't recall if I did the slightest bit of work on it. Might have stapled gauze to sticks, to make a stretcher for beading/ or not.

I recall knowing Mirren's fitting was on the calendar & being tempted to 'accidentally' visit the studio right-then.

Brock Lesnar & Jennifer Hudson were the other fittings I considered crashing.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Here is an article lambasting the Australian ABC for its PC SJ attitude to reporting on Islam.

https://quadrant.org.au/opinion/qed/201 ... -dead-abc/

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Ape+Lust wrote:
I think it's more than that. His missus is the only one of the two who talks about having a day job. If she's keeping the lights on while he's dicking around with his YouTube empire, it'd be easy for her to buffalo him -- if she's not happy, he'll have to put away that stupid hat and apply for work at Home Depot.
They want to hire a doorman, not a doormat.

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

On a totally unrelated topic, I WANT ONE OF THESE.

[youtube]KwCeYU64qjU[/youtube]

PRS guitars are basically Les Pauls with a lot of the distinctive features of the Les Paul removed, and you end up with very pretty guitars with very high construction values, but sound a bit neither one thing nor the other. For this one, they've put most of those distinctive Les Paul features back, so it sounds like a Les Paul but has a better headstock design so stays in tune better, has easier access to the higher frets, and has those pretty birds on the fretboard.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

VickyCaramel wrote:
sp0tlight wrote:German image board I lurk delivered this: http://vid.pr0gramm.com/2016/07/25/178243fddb5889cb.mp4
When I talk to one of my German friends about this situation, the conversation goes like this.

"I am scared to go out. If it were up to me I would deport all the muslims and stop any more coming in. But what really worries me is the rise of the far right, if it were up to them they would deport all the muslims and stop any more coming in -- they must be Nazis".
I can see it as a genuine concern. I'm a conservative but nothing scares me like the lefty/liberals going full retard, fascist governments don't happen in a vacuum as it is just desperate people who have no where else to turn and fear for their lives. Nobody votes nationalism in an optimistic frame of mind as it is just a last resort to an unlistening elitist establishment.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

So btw I want to remind everyone that a wise person would do the free upgrade to Windows 10 before the 29th.

You should make an image backup first if you can. After the upgrade you can downgrade back to whatever you are using now. You just want to lock in the upgrade before the free offer is over.

Why is this important? Well microsoft has change the way they apply licensing and it appears that going forward the license will be yours, not the pc, so if you say build a new pc you don't have buy a new OS if you are getting rid of you old pc.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Slipterid wrote:
And OT, what's with Steve Shives these days? Over a year ago he was a skeptic about most things, including Islam and other ideologies, and his videos were a pretty good watch. But now apparently it's only Christianity that is a legit target for debunking. One thing I want to know is, if he hates people who are skeptical of Islam because people of colour believe in it, why doesn't he cut Christianity the same slack, given that it is heavily followed by many people of African descent? His friends apparently cannot understand why he gets so much flak now. It seems that they don't realise that he has let down a lot of viewers by becoming a proselytising ideologue and drenching almost all videos in streams of accusation. TL;DR why has he turned from an ideological skeptic into a Believer?
Shives went full SJW. Many suspect that his wife had something to do with it.
Get it right, his alpha male bull who is fucking his wife while he has a cuck self loathing crywank in the corner of his own home which he deserves for being a fucking white male of course.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Honestly I've never found this line of argument compelling. I think it's more likely that someone like Shives just places a large amount of his self-worth on what someone else, in this case his wife, thinks of him. Nobody wants the people closest to them to think they're a bad person. People want to be loved, and not just physically.

The worst offense of modern feminism is that it makes unconditional love impossible. Extreme feminist women have trouble even loving their own sons.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

paddybrown wrote:
gurugeorge wrote: There's a ball-curdlingly horrific but hilarious video of him and his bird talking about movies and comics somewhere. You almost feel sorry for him.

Ah here it is, from Shoe0ffHead. The whole thing is pretty good, with some sharp commentary from Shoe and Armoured Sceptic, but go to 15:42 in particular:-

[youtube]4sEFIX4fkPw[/youtube]
I think I remember seeing that video on the Pit, seeing him flinch at her disapproval, and noting that if the genders were reversed we'd be talking domestic abuse and urging "her" to get out of there. That may have been the first time I was aware of his existence.

While noting that he's an SJW who blocks people he's never actually interacted with because they have some connection with people he disagrees with, I am slightly uneasy. Every time I go onto Youtube I get recommended another couple of internet assholes having a go at him, presumably because I watched the Amazing Atheist tear him a new one. It's beginning to feel a bit like a witch hunt. I don't know if Shives has participated in or instigated any witch hunts, maybe he has and deserves no sympathy, but I do know the witch hunt is their weapon and I don't think "our side" (anti-SJWs) using it is a positive development.
Aside from having the kind of face you want to kiss with a claw hammer, Shives is especially smug, condescending, patronizing, and hypocritical.

Most amusing to me is that like plenty of you, i had never heard of him until people started ripping on him for being an SJW... and yet he is constantly saying things like "We in the Atheist community" as if he is it's official spokes-cuck.

As soon as he stops pissing people off, I am sure they will leave him alone.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

paddybrown wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Slipterid wrote:
And OT, what's with Steve Shives these days? Over a year ago he was a skeptic about most things, including Islam and other ideologies, and his videos were a pretty good watch. But now apparently it's only Christianity that is a legit target for debunking. One thing I want to know is, if he hates people who are skeptical of Islam because people of colour believe in it, why doesn't he cut Christianity the same slack, given that it is heavily followed by many people of African descent? His friends apparently cannot understand why he gets so much flak now. It seems that they don't realise that he has let down a lot of viewers by becoming a proselytising ideologue and drenching almost all videos in streams of accusation. TL;DR why has he turned from an ideological skeptic into a Believer?
Shives went full SJW. Many suspect that his wife had something to do with it.
I had never heard of Steve Shives before his fellow Youtube secular televangelists started gunning for him, now they're all jumping on the bandwagon. Still have no real idea who he is or why he matters enough for everyone to want to denounce him at once.
He is your typical lefty/liberal mong as in scepticism is fine when applied to religion and creationism but don't you dare apply scepticism to feminism because reasons. Basically he is a cuck.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Brive1987 wrote:On that unremarkable day when PZ chases his last Pokemon, let's remember the man's capacity for human empathy.

http://i.imgur.com/H7Ddayg.jpg
His commenters are as human as ever, too:

http://i.imgur.com/vo4lU2g.png

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Steve Shives: not even Hodor has his back:

[youtube]Wmr_NT01POI[/youtube]

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Ape+lust wrote:
Aneris wrote:
jet_lagg wrote:

Because the DNC actively attempting to sabotage a candidate while keeping this information from the voters is not government corruption???
Have searched for the tweet, but cannot find it in her timeline. Has anyone a source, on archive etc?
So the alt right (what ever that is) and MRAs are anti corruption then. You trying to demonizing them is failing so stop being a mong.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

This is how the lefty/liberal media is corrupted.

http://i.imgur.com/XtsS5Wv.jpg

If the BBC cucks were now reporting on past events. Seriously how can you lefty/liberals still adhere to such propaganda? This is how the lefty/liberal media would report current events.

https://i.sli.mg/jAlgu2.png

and.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CoMJd8EVUAE6s-i.jpg

Michael J

Post by Michael J »

sp0tlight wrote:
Shatterface wrote:Anyone else nostalgic for when we measured the intervals between spree killings in days rather than hours?
Here's a interesting conundrum, are the killing sprees increased or are we just hyper-connected and thus witnessing shit that we would never hear/give a fuck about in the 90s?

The media love it, it's easier to produce a "live tweeting of X" than a 5000 words piece on anything important, the polarization of opinion also helps.
I'm curious about that as well. Not so much the social media angle but except for Nice, would the others have become front page stories other than in the country that they happened?

Matt Cavanaugh

Re: Helen Mirren Monday

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
mirren_dive.jpg
My housemate beaded Mirren's coronation gown to play Queen Elizabeth in 'The Audience'. I glued a couple sequins on.

http://nga.gov.au/ByAppointment/Images/Queen_large.jpg

Thistle, rose, leek, & shamrock patterns, for the parts of the UK.
Why are you spoiling the vibe by talking about Helen Mirren in clothes?

DaveDodo007

Re: Fuck You Trav

Post by DaveDodo007 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
I take back everything nice I said about sad Trav.

Fuck you, Trav and your bad hair.
He lost me when he started talking about "whiny man baby MRAs". I could cut him some slack for being a wimp but when he starts calling others whiny man babies that's irony overload.
Yep, self loathing gimps cutting of their balls and giving it to their wife doesn't put you in a position to berate other men. Who would have thunked it.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Shatterface wrote: Since you contribute fuck all to humanity I'm happy to put you on ignore.
OK I read that recent exchange but I am still confused about what the argument is about other than it somehow involves Rotherham.
Just in case there is an argument or something that it either never happened because Pakis were involved or it happened because people were afraid of being accused of racism.

Or something.

Here is something to chew on. From the cesspit of lies we have Rotherham child sexual exploitation scandal and there is apparently an Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Exploitation in Rotherham (1997 – 2013)] by Alexis Jay followed by the Louise Casey Report of inspection of Rotherham metropolitan borough council

Whatever man. Fuck (Die Antwoord).
When slymepitters put you on ignore they are not proving you are wrong but showing they fear what you have to say. There are plenty of anti-free speech members here (which just shows how intellectually bankrupt they are.) Still I'm surprised that Shatterface is one of them as i thought he was better than that. :(

free thoughtpolice

june2016 025.JPG
(1.01 MiB) Downloaded 131 times
Winged Mondays at the Slymepit:

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

DaveDodo007 wrote:When slymepitters put you on ignore they are not proving you are wrong but showing they fear what you have to say.
I'm not afraid of what Clarence has to say because it's fucking retarded: Pakistani isn't a race? What the absolute fuck? Are Germans a race? Indians? Japanese? It's like he's half-understood the 'Muslims aren't a race' argument and projected that onto a country populated by Muslims.
There are plenty of anti-free speech members here (which just shows how intellectually bankrupt they are.) Still I'm surprised that Shatterface is one of them as i thought he was better than that. :(
I'm not stopping Clarence from posting so it has sod all to do with free speech. I'm not obliged to read his shit just because he's flinging it on the Pit - especially when he's telling me not to engage with him.

What, I should read his comments but not respond? I should shut up and listen? He's like some fucking SJW Twatter spouting shit and then crying like a bitch when someone calls him on it.

He'll be accusing me of harassment next.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Re: PZ Myers gloating over LaHaye's departure.

I can imagine I will be far more gleeful when PZ dies. But wait. I'm not as bad as them......must try to remember that.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Shatterface wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:When slymepitters put you on ignore they are not proving you are wrong but showing they fear what you have to say.
I'm not afraid of what Clarence has to say because it's fucking retarded: Pakistani isn't a race? What the absolute fuck? Are Germans a race? Indians? Japanese? It's like he's half-understood the 'Muslims aren't a race' argument and projected that onto a country populated by Muslims.
There are plenty of anti-free speech members here (which just shows how intellectually bankrupt they are.) Still I'm surprised that Shatterface is one of them as i thought he was better than that. :(
I'm not stopping Clarence from posting so it has sod all to do with free speech. I'm not obliged to read his shit just because he's flinging it on the Pit - especially when he's telling me not to engage with him.

What, I should read his comments but not respond? I should shut up and listen? He's like some fucking SJW Twatter spouting shit and then crying like a bitch when someone calls him on it.

He'll be accusing me of harassment next.
DavidDooDoo is an idiot. He thinks people are afraid of him?

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Anyway, I'm currently doing a bit of research on The Terror, during the French Revolution.

It strikes how like social justice warriors the Jacobins and Girondists were, with the former the FTB/Orbit types. Poor old Ophelia is like one of the early causalities, like Danton, getting caught up in their own increasing violence and purity laws. I also noticed there was some evil little fucker called "Carrier", who drowned people in rivers and lakes, (la noyades).

We all know what eventually happened to leading members of the Jacobins and Girondists, don't we! A meeting with Mr Guillotine.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Dicky updates: http://www.richardcarrier.info/archives/10912

Kinda boring, TBH. The real action is on his Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/richard.carrier.phd (Yes, the Dickster even made sure to include mention of his PhD in his Facebook URL :lol: )

As you can see, he's getting lots of pushback in the comments, and folks are decidedly less than impressed by the fact that he's posting character references from his, uh, 'booty calls'. In particular, this one is a standout. One would think it were written by Dicky himself, were one utterly cynical about the man. Honestly, get a load of this (sick-making juicy stuff is in bold):
Jaime Juniper
4 hrs ·

Ok, I'm going to take a departure from my usual thing here and talk frankly about my real life. "Real life" being still hiding behind this pseudonym, yes, because under my given name I have certain relationships that would be made difficult by being as overtly sexual as I'm able to be here. Which is problematic and an interesting topic in itself related to consent that I'd like to get to someday. But there's a more pressing matter at hand now.

I've been dating Richard Carrier for just a few months now - since April technically, but in earnest since he moved here in June. I just deleted a long list of words before his name - author, speaker, historian, philosopher - because I can't do it all justice, but you should really look up his work yourself anyway if you're not already familiar with it. And really this is the whole point of my post: what I know of him as a person first, aside from all that. Because recently he's been accused of overstepping boundaries and sexual harassment of women at various events. I know nothing about these events that happened long before I ever met him, and I'm not active in the secular community of which he's a part, so I can't comment as a participant or with any authority there. But what admittedly limited knowledge I do have is firsthand experience with someone who is sweet, thoughtful and careful of my boundaries. So for what it's worth, I offer a few details about my experience so far, and in particular our first meeting, since encounters like this seem to be the focus of the allegations against him.

I actually first initiated contact with Richard through an online dating website - I hadn't been familiar with his work before, but found his profile intriguing and then looked up his blog and watched a few videos of his talks and debates. When I decided to contact him, I made it clear from my very first message that I was interested in him, and continued to do so in subsequent messages back and forth with him. And while he responded favorably, and our conversation quickly turned flirtatious and sexual - again, largely initiated by me - I think it's important to note that he did so cautiously. In fact, he was so careful that I worried at the time that I was the one being too pushy, which is completely the opposite of my normal experience with most men on dating sites. And contrary to what you might assume from my posts here, even being as assertive as I was in our initial contact was unusual for me - which in retrospect says a lot about the kind of comfortable environment he opened up right from the beginning. When we finally met in person (which took a while due to his travels) he was again very friendly and warm but absolutely respectful, and we had a long conversation before finally getting around to expressing thoughts about taking it further. At this point, he was very clear in stating his interest and asking me directly about mine before even so much as holding my hand. I had already given him numerous positive signals, what I'd even consider blatantly so, and he still verbally checked in to be certain. And that checking in continued throughout the evening: later on in private, I was literally sitting on his lap and unbuttoning his shirt and he asked me directly yet again how far I was interested in engaging.

I could get a lot more graphic about my very consensual experiences with him since - and frankly, he's been the subject of a few of my little poems and musings here (I'll let you guess which ones.) I could also add that I've since fallen for his infectious laugh, the tenderness of his eyes and shyly fascinated smile while making love. The tiny sweetness of his sleepy "gesundheit" when I sneezed in the middle of the night, or when he held my hand to his heart while watching a movie. The lively conversations we've had about relationships, politics, books and sexuality. But actually all of that was in my initial encounter with him: respect, humor, clear communication, thoughtfulness, and an overall gentleness in his demeanor that from my perspective is the exact opposite of predatory. And has not wavered one bit.

Like Richard, I'm obviously a strong advocate of sex-positivity. And as both a staunch feminist and writer, consent is something I think and write about every day. I don't take these issues lightly, am definitely on high alert for the slightest microaggression, and generally believe women's stories about these things as a rule. But in Richard's case, my own experience speaks to a different narrative. So I believe and respect him here as he wrestles with these questions, owns his mistakes, and most importantly matches his future actions to his words. And I look forward to continuing my relationship with him without hesitation.
I thoroughly enjoyed this response to this sub-Barbara Cartland driveL
Lois Roberts

How does showing all of his sexually satisfied booty calls endow Richard with any integrity here? How old are you might I add? You sound about 17.
:lol:

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Oh, and there was a body called The Committee of Public Safety, which was anything but. A bit like FreeThoughtBlogs.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Just to clarify the difference between Rotherham, Rochdale, Oxford, and half a dozen other proven cases of sexual abuse, and the campus/atheism 'rape' epidemic; my position is, and always has been, that rape allegations should be dealt with by the police and courts, not college administrators, social media vigilantes and rage-blogging hasbeens.

In the case of Rotherham, etc. that's precisely what has been done: there have been dozens of convictions based on evidence, not hearsay, presented to a jury.

That, I thought, is what we have been asking for.

If we then say that's not good enough the opposition to vigilantism is just bullshit.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

BTW, you have to be logged into Facebook if you wanna gawp at Dicky's, uh, stuff there.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Tigzy wrote:Dicky updates: http://www.richardcarrier.info/archives/10912

Kinda boring, TBH. The real action is on his Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/richard.carrier.phd (Yes, the Dickster even made sure to include mention of his PhD in his Facebook URL :lol: )

As you can see, he's getting lots of pushback in the comments, and folks are decidedly less than impressed by the fact that he's posting character references from his, uh, 'booty calls'. In particular, this one is a standout. One would think it were written by Dicky himself, were one utterly cynical about the man. Honestly, get a load of this (sick-making juicy stuff is in bold):

Jesus fuck so he is fighting the idea that he is a slimy fucker by having people talk about how good of a fuck he is?

:popcorn:

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Tigzy wrote:BTW, you have to be logged into Facebook if you wanna gawp at Dicky's, uh, stuff there.
Don't gawp too closely at Dicky's stuff. You might get something in our eyes.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Tigzy wrote:BTW, you have to be logged into Facebook if you wanna gawp at Dicky's, uh, stuff there.
I don't mind. It's worth it for his infectious laugh, the tenderness of his eyes and shyly fascinated smile while making love.

free thoughtpolice

I thoroughly enjoyed this response to this sub-Barbara Cartland driveL

Lois Roberts

How does showing all of his sexually satisfied booty calls endow Richard with any integrity here? How old are you might I add? You sound about 17.

Au contraire Tigzy.
I think this Lois Roberts may have been discussing the poly lifestyle with her cis hetwhite slave owner and he was so selfish that he wouldn't allow a respected scholar to gift his wife with a pearl necklace.
How fucking dare you Lois Roberts, if that is you real name, cast aspersions on the truthful testimony of one of Richard Carrier's many girlfriends.
How fucking dare you? :twisted: :twisted:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Tigzy wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:
I don't mind. It's worth it for his infectious laugh, the tenderness of his eyes and shyly fascinated smile while making love.
That Jaime Juniper stuff sounds just like a crusty Richard Carrierbag sock.

Darth Cynic

Post by Darth Cynic »

Someone going by the alias Jaime Juniper wrote:I've been dating Richard Carrier for just a few months now - since April technically, but in earnest since he moved here in June. I just deleted a long list of words before his name - author, speaker, historian, philosopher - because I can't do it all justice, but you should really look up his work yourself anyway if you're not already familiar with it.
For fuck's sake, could the prat be anymore transparent? This has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with "her" reason for posting yet "she" takes the time to blow Dicky's trumpet pretty much just like Dicky likes to blow his trumpet. Yeah, he's so incredibly gifted that mere mortals just cannot help themselves and instinctively heap praise upon him whenever they mention his hallowed name. Fucking clown.
Someone going by the alias Jaime Juniper wrote:I don't take these issues lightly, am definitely on high alert for the slightest microaggression, and generally believe women's stories about these things as a rule.
Because even in the midst of a character reference the approved ideological purity must be injected so that we know this "woman" is of the right sort, hence a good and trustworthy source. Yes folks you should generally listen and believe women as a rule in such matters... just not this time.

Hmmm, that seems to be a familiar saw with some current and ex FtB crew.
Someone going by the alias Jaime Juniper wrote:So I believe and respect him here as he wrestles with these questions, owns his mistakes, and most importantly matches his future actions to his words. And I look forward to continuing my relationship with him without hesitation.
Wrestles with these questions!? WTF? Then there's this whole paragon of proper manliness who knows when he has erred and bravely faces up to his transgressions to become a better man. Why this person knows Carrier so well I doubt Carrier could have put it better himself.

Jesus wept, this is the intellectual artillery?

Guest_935516df

Post by Guest_935516df »

Shatterface wrote:Anyone else nostalgic for when we measured the intervals between spree killings in days rather than hours?
Are they becoming more frequent? Or has our interconnected world allowed word to spread of incidents all over the world quickly through news and social media. Add on top of that the concern over terrorism, and now any killing spree is paid attention to and spread quickly as people express concern over the root cause.
-Soylent

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Guest_935516df wrote:
Are they becoming more frequent? Or has our interconnected world allowed word to spread of incidents all over the world quickly through news and social media. Add on top of that the concern over terrorism, and now any killing spree is paid attention to and spread quickly as people express concern over the root cause.
-Soylent

I think (and by think I mean I seem to remember seeing data on this) that mass violence attacks are on the raise but most other crime is on the decline.

I also think that like all things in the news it's about cycles. Right now terror attacks are in. Otherwise I don't think that Japanese thing would have been as big as news as it is.

free thoughtpolice

Maybe we're being a little uncharitable to Dr. Carrier.
I don't want to deperson Jaime Jupiter.
Let's not be unfair my chums. :ugeek:

Darth Cynic

Post by Darth Cynic »

comhcinc wrote:Right now terror attacks are in. Otherwise I don't think that Japanese thing would have been as big as news as it is.
Maybe, maybe not, however, a few years back mass killings in China utilising blade weapons seemed to be regularly making the news and that was before the current surge in terror attacks. I think 19 dead and more than twice that injured by a man armed with a knife is probably newsworthy enough to get coverage well beyond Japan, although the current crop of terror attacks will add to it some.

Speaking of, I don't know if it was mentioned prior but the attacker is currently said to be a former employee of the place.

Darth Cynic

Post by Darth Cynic »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Maybe we're being a little uncharitable to Dr. Carrier.
I don't want to deperson Jaime Jupiter.
Let's not be unfair my chums. :ugeek:
Well said sir, why anyone could have typed, 'I just deleted a long list of words before his name - author, speaker, historian, philosopher - because I can't do it all justice.' It's such a natural turn of phrase.

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

I have fuzzy recollections of an instance where it was demonstrated that two separate works were authored by the same person. Probabilities, numbers, & general sciencey stuff were applied to the task. I could be remembering an episode in the dispute over Pauline authorship or some other New Testament issue. I dunno. I'm gonna dig around & try to refresh my memory tomorrow.

I do know that Dr. Richard Carrier, PhD has a very distinct style & tone to his writing. I've read several of his defender's letters & I'd gladly bet a fair amount of my own money that they're socks.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Easy J wrote:I have fuzzy recollections of an instance where it was demonstrated that two separate works were authored by the same person. Probabilities, numbers, & general sciencey stuff were applied to the task. I could be remembering an episode in the dispute over Pauline authorship or some other New Testament issue. I dunno. I'm gonna dig around & try to refresh my memory tomorrow.

I do know that Dr. Richard Carrier, PhD has a very distinct style & tone to his writing. I've read several of his defender's letters & I'd gladly bet a fair amount of my own money that they're socks.
One of them is certainly not, but she isn't playing with a full deck either. The Juniper one seems to have appeared out of the blue as a sex-alterego thing. The poetry is of Vogon quality and the whole thing is either long-range sock planning or an exercise in bad taste by a real person distinct from Carrier. In any case, it's hard to comprehend how stupid Carrier must be to think it helps paint him in a better light.

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

We need something like this, but better:

http://www.aicbt.com/authorship-attribu ... -software/

I fed Juniper's post into it against Dr PhD's apology with a similar length of text from Mick Nugent's blog & got uncertain results.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Easy J wrote:I have fuzzy recollections of an instance where it was demonstrated that two separate works were authored by the same person. Probabilities, numbers, & general sciencey stuff were applied to the task. I could be remembering an episode in the dispute over Pauline authorship or some other New Testament issue. I dunno. I'm gonna dig around & try to refresh my memory tomorrow.

One of them is certainly not, but she isn't playing with a full deck either. The Juniper one seems to have appeared out of the blue as a sex-alterego thing. The poetry is of Vogon quality and the whole thing is either long-range sock planning or an exercise in bad taste by a real person distinct from Carrier. In any case, it's hard to comprehend how stupid Carrier must be to think it helps paint him in a better light.
I am not going to say Jaime Juniper is a sock, but mang she sure does write like Carrier. Her online presents appears to be a blog that is less than a year old and facebook page (not a normal person page) also less than a year old. All the post are about porn. Lots of fatty porn.

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

His first round of anonymous poly lover defenders from a month ago sounded even more Carrier-esque.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Gumby wrote:"Niggercunt skedaddle", here.

Jew-Skidoo

Guest_ce3d1b2f

Post by Guest_ce3d1b2f »

surf's up

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Relevant LINK:

This clip of Ghostbuster Leslie Jones is making the rounds-- where she appears on a talk show & talks about "if you call me a gorilla" on twitter, announcing:

"I'll retweet it so all my followers can see it and get on your punk..."

I assumed the statements were made in a talk-show appearance AFTER the twitter incident in-which Milo was banned.

Nope: It's from Over A Year Ago. She was -already- being called a gorilla on Twitter, then. Long before the Ghostbusters debacle, or Milo tweeting her. So how did Milo 'incite' that?

The talk show proves, in May of 2015, Leslie Jones was -already- saying she engaged in exactly the behavior Twitter cited, in their statement regarding their ban of Milo: "our rules prohibit inciting or engaging in the targeted abuse or harassment of others." (On July 18 she proved she meant it, by tweeting "Get her!!" to her followers, against a Twitter user.)

Most of this has probably been said elsewhere, except I haven't seen it highlighted-- that the clip pre-dates the Ghostbusters controversy.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Guest_ce3d1b2f wrote:surf's up
[youtube]j8hp0Zz77r8[/youtube]