Old subthreads
feathers

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by feathers »

A BBC "laser".

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

"Brexit can be seen as just one, rather rude, manifestation of the underlying incoherence."

http://www.cityam.com/246157/top-credit ... pean-union

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Economically, the EU is creaking with or without the UK. The EU has not solved youth unemployment in the southern EU countries that has lasted for decades. Look at how the EU handled Greece.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Oh, just FUCK OFF!!!

Fireman Sam in Islamophobia row after character ‘stands on Koran’

http://metro.co.uk/2016/07/26/is-firema ... n-6031138/

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Shatterface wrote:Oh, just FUCK OFF!!!

In a statement, HIT Entertainment said, ‘It has been bought to our attention that in an episode of Fireman Sam an image of the Quran is briefly depicted. The page was intended to show illegible text and we deeply regret this error.

‘We will no longer be working with the animation studio responsible for this mistake.

‘In addition, we are taking immediate action to remove this episode from circulation and we are reviewing our content production procedures to ensure this never happens again.’
tl;dr -

PLEASE DON'T KILL US

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Maybe the Fireman Sam story has something to do with this from 2012:
Fireman Sam creator detained at airport for veil comment at security gate

A retired fireman, and creator of the popular children's character, Fireman Sam, was detained at an airport for questioning why a veiled woman was not checked by security.

As David Jones arrived at the security gates at Gatwick airport, he was looking forward to getting through swiftly so he could enjoy lunch with his daughters before their flight.

Placing his belongings, including a scarf, into a tray to pass through the X-ray scanner he spotted a Muslim woman in hijab pass through the area without showing her face.

In a light-hearted aside to a security official who had been assisting him, he said: “If I was wearing this scarf over my face, I wonder what would happen.”

The quip proved to be a mistake. After passing through the gates, he was confronted by staff and accused of racism.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... -gate.html

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

After passing through the gates, he was confronted by staff and accused of racism.
lel, wtf.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Just remember, on a day when an 80+ year old priest was practically decapitated in front of his paritioners, this is the fucking story making Muslims lose their shit.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Suet Cardigan wrote:Sexy Justice Warriors and the Truck of Peace

[youtube]JcUi5_eNoqk[/youtube]
Is that Shives that gets it in the credits?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

So the creator if Fireman Sam gets detained on the day that lunatic Towelhead Appeasers apologize for the depiction of a page of the fucking Book of Crazy on Fireman Sam?

This is just crazy.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Lsuoma wrote:So the creator if Fireman Sam gets detained on the day that lunatic Towelhead Appeasers apologize for the depiction of a page of the fucking Book of Crazy on Fireman Sam?

This is just crazy.
The detention story is from 2012 but it explains why Muslims are watching a kids programme frame by frame for signs of Islamophobia.

Fucking pathetic religion, even by religion's low fucking standards.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

I hope Postman Pat's cat took a runny shit on that holy book.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote:So the creator if Fireman Sam gets detained on the day that lunatic Towelhead Appeasers apologize for the depiction of a page of the fucking Book of Crazy on Fireman Sam?

This is just crazy.
His comment was nothing to lose one's head over.

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

Aids Skrillex is just perfect :)

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

"The page was intended to show illegible text" - ROFLMFAO

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

gurugeorge wrote:

Aids Skrillex is just perfect :)
I love the way the scene shook when the screeching was going on.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

gurugeorge wrote:

"The page was intended to show illegible text" - ROFLMFAO
s/illegible/unintelligible/
s/illegible/incomprehensible/
s/illegible/incoherent/

You get the picture.

some guy

Post by some guy »

Wow, who knew that Steerman was a skydiver?

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/g ... 2;#4806462

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

POKEMON GO EGG HATCHING SERVICE - $20 hide this posting

Hello Fellow Trainers! Do you enjoy the world famous game Pokemon Go, but hate that you have to walk 2k, 5k, and sometimes 10k to get your eggs to hatch? I'm offering my amazing skills of walking to help you out. All you have to do is sit and relax and let me do all the walking and your eggs will be hatched. Don't waste your calories, time and more importantly your data trying to hatch your eggs. Let a professional handle all that heavy lifting. Reply now for more information.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/vgm/5702335442.html

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Tribble wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: It's a rare thing when I defend PZ Myers, but --

None of the college girls, who PZ Myers fantasied in a dream about having sex with, would have been younger than 18.
Mmm.... Maybe... My youngest skipped 8th grade, my oldest did HS in 3 years by taking college courses for HS credit & summer school. Both went to college at 17. I finished in 3.5 and that was going half-time my final semester, but I (stupidly) joined the military.

And I know a couple of women who graduated at 16... So I can't be certain quite as certain as you.
Maybe Peez only jacks off to the girls in his 200 level courses. Just sayin'.

Could be. But I'd search his laptop for Junior High School girls being raped by squids just in case. I find that those who hammer morality are usually the least moral.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

some guy wrote:Wow, who knew that Steerman was a skydiver?

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/g ... 2;#4806462
Needs registration, post a screencap or archive.

Darth Cynic

Post by Darth Cynic »

Shatterface wrote:I hope Postman Pat's cat took a runny shit on that holy book.
That's all well and good but the important question is did Jess piss on the Koran? Because if she didn't there might be a problem.

Darth Cynic

Post by Darth Cynic »

Brive1987 wrote:Ok. Let's not get stupid now.

As we all know, for PZ there are good and bad rapists out there.

We should not err on the side of compassion when to comes to this bastard.

http://i.imgur.com/x9zFetJ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/fB2ST1X.jpg

Toxic bastard.

http://i.imgur.com/ZI8fBqW.jpg
I had never seen that last image, what I presume is the aftermath at the Bataclan yes? Even at the small scale you used to say it's disturbing is one hell of an understatement. I know why you used it but a part of me wishes you had not.

Also, Little Paul's a contemptible sack 'o' shit.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

TFA and TJ don't seem to have commented on the latest atrocities.

Too busy fighting pastors being rude to Americans, I guess.

Darth Cynic

Post by Darth Cynic »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:What on earth are you getting at? It's obvious that Dicky is simply attracted to women who employ the same stilted, prolix style of writing as him.
I reread my post and you know what? I have no idea what I could be getting at regards that illustrious author, speaker, historian and philosopher with fans stretching from Muff to Pingdingshan. Clearly she's nearly as cultured and refined as he is; because there can be only one.

Darth Cynic

Post by Darth Cynic »

comhcinc wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I'm rewatching Transformers.

Yes, the 2007 one.

Yes, the Michael Bay one.
This statement could be used as proof that all those "accidents" were really just attempts to end your life because you hate yourself.

Get help Phil.
I will put my hand up and say I actually liked that one, might be some rose-tinted glasses from childhood but I thought that while it may have been dumb it was also quite fun. Went downhill from there and despite the all over the map mess that was Age of Extinction there's apparently a fifth one on the way.

The Hobbit, or A Tale of Dwarves featuring Bilbo as it should be more accurately known, on the other hand. For the first I knew no better, the second I saw because others wanted to watch it and despite swearing not to bother with the third when it landed morbid curiosity got the better of me when it showed up on Netflix. I lasted up to the point I'm supposed to accept a mere handful of dwarves can rescue their brethren from a rampaging orc army led in by cave trolls, and the fucking war goats show up. War goats? Fuck off.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Darth Cynic wrote:

Toxic bastard.

I had never seen that last image, what I presume is the aftermath at the Bataclan yes? Even at the small scale you used to say it's disturbing is one hell of an understatement. I know why you used it but a part of me wishes you had not.

I think those two sentences sum up perfectly why Brive used the image. That dull-witted little cunt Meyers sat on his hands, issuing just a world-weary "Oh, the pain which I as a tenured professor feel is too great to comment. Have at it, you small-minded ignoramuses". But just look what followed: a photograph of a blood-washed dancefloor, bearing witness to a massacre committed by...well, Meyers? Who?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:....I don't see how what Tuvok is doing should be frowned upon when we use their tactic against them.
CommanderTuvok wrote: Gumby has obviously forgotten that I often use their SJWs standards to hold them to their standard. Ironically, the suggestion that FTB "enables" (I use this word because Zvan defined it as such) child rape (i.e. knowingly allowing a child rapist to post at FTB) is far more justified than PZ's claim that there are rapists at Nugent's place, or that The Pit "enables" all sorts of nastiness.
What Tuvok is doing should be frowned upon because Two Wrongs Don't Make A Right.

I draw a distinction between Holding SJWs To Their Own Standards, vs. Stooping To Their Level.

There's a difference between saying Richard Carrier is proven guilty of sexual assault by his own standard, which he applied to Shermer & others, vs. saying he's actually proven to have committed actual sex crimes.

Tuvok crosses the line by initially justifying his accusations by saying "It is a war". That's 'total war' talk... where the ends justify the means, & any atrocity is a legitimate tactic, if it's effective,

The risk is that our moral highground shrinks to pointing at the other-guy & saying "he started it." In the case of SJWs-- they unabashedly have discarded western values, such as Due Process, Equal Treatment Under The Law, Burden of Proof-- so they aren't even hypocrites, when they use underhanded tactics. Only we have betrayed our values, by joining them.

If we are to employ their shitty standards against them, we should be careful to not lower our own core standards, along the way.

Reasonable people can disagree where-exactly to draw the line. But, to my ear, Tuvok seems to enjoy Taking Sides, rather than parsing where the line should be best be drawn.

Tuvok has repeated variations on a slogan lately, "Mummy (Abbie Smith), Arnie, and the Pit were the ones wot won it", which strikes me as embarrassing, me-too cliqueish, and slightly creepy: overtones of Adult Diaper Fetishist. The danger of flinging pots & kettles in glass houses is war is hell.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Darth Cynic wrote:

[.img]http://i.imgur.com/x9zFetJ.jpg[/img]

[.img]http://i.imgur.com/fB2ST1X.jpg[/img]

Toxic bastard.

A lot of what goes on with FtB is shit and giggles. They really are clowns and this illicits trolling, shoops and point and laugh responses like the Shefield publishing fiasco. Then there's their efforts to fuck up A/S because it won't conform to their ideological one-think. This requires push back a la DJ, Nugent, timelines and factual expose.

Ok. There is the broader SJW desire to terraform western society to achieve their bleak Orwellian vision. To fight this we need a broad coalition, I generally watch the scuffles with impotent rage.

But then there's a level of immediate danger transcending all this. Ideological capitulation to terrorism is no laughing / trolling matter - not when there's a hearts and minds battle going on for the nex-gen. Western post modern cultural self hatred wankery is an existential threat. And a fucking insult.

PZ and his ilk shat on the very real victims of a religious war aimed at our 'disgustingly privileged' society. Every member of the regressive left deserves to be led through the Bataclan Theatre like a WWII era German on their free excursion to Dachau. Further, they should have their fuck-assed comments rubbed metaphorically into the blood matted hair of the victims they so denigrate.

I make no apology.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/imag ... yTHHUqfg3g

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

What an interestingly contrasting set of posts! When it comes to the SJL's position on Islam and terrorism I do see this as a war of sorts.

So SD is my impolite use of the theatre pic, which I've justified as meeting my needs, stooping to an unacceptable low?

Or do you have to cross the line into distortion and libel for the means to be unacceptable? Who draws the line?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Remember, Myers and his posse have no respect for the murder of people outside their tent. That's what makes them monsters.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Brive1987 wrote:What an interestingly contrasting set of posts! When it comes to the SJL's position on Islam and terrorism I do see this as a war of sorts.

So SD is my impolite use of the theatre pic, which I've justified as meeting my needs, stooping to an unacceptable low?

Or do you have to cross the line into distortion and libel for the means to be unacceptable? Who draws the line?
Your image was entirely appropriate to the situation, as far as I'm concerned. Your infographics rock. If the apologists had their way, none of these images would ever see the light of day. Sometimes it takes a shock to wake people up.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Brive1987 wrote:What an interestingly contrasting set of posts! When it comes to the SJL's position on Islam and terrorism I do see this as a war of sorts.

I don't think your infographic is anywhere-near unacceptable. I think it's right on the mark.

I am open to the idea that this is indeed a 'hearts & minds' front, in a global, literal killing-war. But, if that's the tack you/me/tuvok/anyone is going to take-- I wanna see it argued in an internally-consistent way. I don't wanna see sjw logic fallacies directly presented here, as 'ok when WE do it'.

I concede Tuvok may have thought-everything-through with flying colors & just-be presenting the end result of his deliberation.

But that's not the part he presented. Which was only the end result: FtB Are Pedophiles! A declaration which could have been reached in a meticulous way/ or a mindless, chauvinist, us-vs-them way.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

By the way, Brive-- ever since you posted about son's girlfriend-- I've been looking for a good online summary of family therapist Murray Bowen's 'relationship triangles' concept. But the therapists posting videos on youtube garble the concept.

I -think- I first encountered 'triangles' in the book Listening To Prozac, in a chapter on "Differentiation" (as-in a child 'leaving the nest' to differentiate themselves from parents). But I wasn't even able to confirm that's the book where the chapter appeared. It's a great chapter! Bowen went home one summer to his tiny hometown/ made a huge chart of all the town's positive relationships & negative interpersonal grudges-- & intentionally turned friends against each other... & pushed enemies into allegiance... in a big ethically-dubious social experiment. The chapter may have appeared in the Listening To Prozac author's next book, "Should You Leave" about break-ups. Seems like it would fit in that topic.

I was roughly your son's age when I read the chapter-- and it made a huge impression on me. So it might be a good tool to for those crazy kids in love... to see they games they're playing.

This link is in the ballpark: http://www.thebowencenter.org/theory/eight-concepts/

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

The Museum of Ice Cream opens tomorrow. Tonight was a VIP & Press sneak-peak.
The museum's entire month-long run is already sold-out, according to the website.

The exhibit-installing gig is over, for my mole on the inside. Any moment now, other sources will provide blurbs,
but in this brief interrim, I offer the following publicity quotes, courtesy Mr. Mole:
...not sure I've ever been so stressed on a job...

I don't even know where to begin...

It was a bunch of yuppies who never did anything physical in their life...

All in all though it was a cluster fuck...

I kept telling them we weren't going to finish on time, and how to fix it...

Apparently the first person who saw the advantage in listening to his opinion-- started taking him aside to ask more opinions. Not just on technical matters, but aesthetic/design stuff. Which made him feel appreciated. And she was blown-away to gradually realize the dumb grunt with the hammer/ Mr. Mole/ is also the director of a profitable gallery/ is an up an coming artist/ produces his own menswear line/ does other stuff I can't say without doxxing him. She received his best review:
"...Really cool in my book, sweet and funny when she warms-up..."
As for my sjw boss-friend, Mr. Mole says he "played good cop" with her. I am the bad cop.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Service Dog wrote:By the way, Brive-- ever since you posted about son's girlfriend-- I've been looking for a good online summary of family therapist Murray Bowen's 'relationship triangles' concept. But the therapists posting videos on youtube garble the concept.

I -think- I first encountered 'triangles' in the book Listening To Prozac, in a chapter on "Differentiation" (as-in a child 'leaving the nest' to differentiate themselves from parents). But I wasn't even able to confirm that's the book where the chapter appeared. It's a great chapter! Bowen went home one summer to his tiny hometown/ made a huge chart of all the town's positive relationships & negative interpersonal grudges-- & intentionally turned friends against each other... & pushed enemies into allegiance... in a big ethically-dubious social experiment. The chapter may have appeared in the Listening To Prozac author's next book, "Should You Leave" about break-ups. Seems like it would fit in that topic.

I was roughly your son's age when I read the chapter-- and it made a huge impression on me. So it might be a good tool to for those crazy kids in love... to see they games they're playing.

This link is in the ballpark: http://www.thebowencenter.org/theory/eight-concepts/
Thanks - and interesting. I'll have a look and see what I can leverage. What could go wrong? ;)

Malky

Post by Malky »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:So, nothing wrong with Myers saying there are rapists in the Pit?

No, I guess not. Pseudonym, that's where I should have started.
Phil the ooint is that thereis everything wrong in Meyers saying there are rapists in the pit and thus should be pushed back on at every opportunity. However using the same libellous tactics is not pushing back but stooping down to their level and inmy view a tactic that make you look just the same to outsiders and therefore not fruitful. It could also if the wrong sort of ccusations are made cause trouble fo FT.

One thing is now for sure if anyone searches the pit for paedophile it's the Comander who eill come out as associated not Meyers.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Brive1987 wrote:
Darth Cynic wrote:

[.img]http://i.imgur.com/x9zFetJ.jpg[/img]

[.img]http://i.imgur.com/fB2ST1X.jpg[/img]

Toxic bastard.

A lot of what goes on with FtB is shit and giggles. They really are clowns and this illicits trolling, shoops and point and laugh responses like the Shefield publishing fiasco. Then there's their efforts to fuck up A/S because it won't conform to their ideological one-think. This requires push back a la DJ, Nugent, timelines and factual expose.

Ok. There is the broader SJW desire to terraform western society to achieve their bleak Orwellian vision. To fight this we need a broad coalition, I generally watch the scuffles with impotent rage.

But then there's a level of immediate danger transcending all this. Ideological capitulation to terrorism is no laughing / trolling matter - not when there's a hearts and minds battle going on for the nex-gen. Western post modern cultural self hatred wankery is an existential threat. And a fucking insult.

PZ and his ilk shat on the very real victims of a religious war aimed at our 'disgustingly privileged' society. Every member of the regressive left deserves to be led through the Bataclan Theatre like a WWII era German on their free excursion to Dachau. Further, they should have their fuck-assed comments rubbed metaphorically into the blood matted hair of the victims they so denigrate.

I make no apology.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/imag ... yTHHUqfg3g
Harsh but appropriate. But if Myers and Shives did go through that club, they would end up on the conference circuit with David Irving.

Has anyone ever publicly released any footage of the torture? Wonder why...

Malky

Post by Malky »

Malky wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:So, nothing wrong with Myers saying there are rapists in the Pit?

No, I guess not. Pseudonym, that's where I should have started.
Phil the ooint is that thereis everything wrong in Meyers saying there are rapists in the pit and thus should be pushed back on at every opportunity. However using the same libellous tactics is not pushing back but stooping down to their level and inmy view a tactic that make you look just the same to outsiders and therefore not fruitful. It could also if the wrong sort of ccusations are made cause trouble fo FT.

One thing is now for sure if anyone searches the pit for paedophile it's the Comander who eill come out as associated not Meyers.

Posted this before reading SDs post - very nuch agree with his and Hunts

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

This right here is the smoking gun for me ...
"Jaime Juniper" (Yeah, Right!)
.... we had a long conversation before ...
Dicky is very fond of the "If you talk to them for hours it's not rape " meme.

"Jaime Juniper"

.... the tiny sweetness of his sleepy "gesundheit" ...
Is it me or is there a distinct "Disney's Snow White" theme going on here ? We've got sleepy and sneezy above, 'Doc' is there of course, and the only one missing appears to be 'bashful'.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

http://gatesofvienna.net/2013/05/sweden ... mogadishu/

A young Somali journalist in Sweden named Amun Abdullahi got herself in trouble with the politically correct elite by reporting the truth about the radicalization of young Somalis in Rinkeby (a culturally enriched suburb of Stockholm), where they were recruited for jihad by the Islamic terrorist group Al-Shabab.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Service Dog wrote: What Tuvok is doing should be frowned upon because Two Wrongs Don't Make A Right.

I draw a distinction between Holding SJWs To Their Own Standards, vs. Stooping To Their Level.

There's a difference between saying Richard Carrier is proven guilty of sexual assault by his own standard, which he applied to Shermer & others, vs. saying he's actually proven to have committed actual sex crimes.

Tuvok crosses the line by initially justifying his accusations by saying "It is a war". That's 'total war' talk... where the ends justify the means, & any atrocity is a legitimate tactic, if it's effective,

The risk is that our moral highground shrinks to pointing at the other-guy & saying "he started it." In the case of SJWs-- they unabashedly have discarded western values, such as Due Process, Equal Treatment Under The Law, Burden of Proof-- so they aren't even hypocrites, when they use underhanded tactics. Only we have betrayed our values, by joining them.

If we are to employ their shitty standards against them, we should be careful to not lower our own core standards, along the way.
This. It's not a personal matter. We don't have to "look better" than Myers. It's a matter of principles.Principles don't mean anything if we can ditch them at the drop of a hat. We should defend some principles even when we're talking about people who don't accept them.

This is why I think that some people went overboard with the Carrier-bashing, or why I agree with Service Dog here about the Myers-bashing, or why I disagree with him and thought that the line was crossed when someone here sent a clearly insane woman to seek out Myers as a possible ally for her crazy allegations.

Carrier is a huge hypocrite, a sleazy PUA wannabe who wants to be seen as a good feminist and someone who shows contempt for the rules he helped to set up, but there's no evidence that he's guilty of any crimes. Myers is an obnoxious holier-than-thou hypocrite, but there's no evidence that he's guilty of any crimes, and he didn't "enable child rape" by showing compassion to Ogvorbis as much he showed his hypocrisy once again when he bashed Josh Duggar (who was found guilty of a similar crime in similar circumstances as the alleged crimes of Ogvorbis).

Myers and his ilk are the ones who have turned allegations of serious crimes or of setting up "havens" for those crimes, or of being "apologists" into a political/sociological tool against "the enemy". That's one of the reasons which make them so vile. We shouldn't stoop to their level, not for our own image's sake but for the sake of our principles.

I think that we should hold ourselves to our own standards even when the SJWs don't. That's what should make it clear that the standards we defend matter. In the end neither we nor the SJWs are really that important. We're all "people with an opinion on the Internet". What's important is a general cultural attitude which informs some court rulings which change laws and affect everyone.

The SJWs are working to tear down some standards, like the presumption of innocence, the burden of proof, trial by a jury of peers into a court room, equality before the law and due process and to gradually substitute them with presumption of guilt and the lack of burden of proof ("believe the victims!"), trial in a kangaroo court (like your college or maybe, in the future, your workplace) or trial by media, special protection for certain people and a great amount of slander, guilt by association and twisting words.

We should never use their weapons, not even to show to hold them to their own standards, because their weapons are contributing to a general lowering of standards which inspires new laws based on those lowered standards, and makes society worse as a whole.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Service Dog wrote: What Tuvok is doing should be frowned upon because Two Wrongs Don't Make A Right.
<snip>

This. It's not a personal matter. We don't have to "look better" than Myers. It's a matter of principles.Principles don't mean anything if we can ditch them at the drop of a hat. We should defend some principles even when we're talking about people who don't accept them.
<snip>
We should never use their weapons, not even to show to hold them to their own standards, because their weapons are contributing to a general lowering of standards which inspires new laws based on those lowered standards, and makes society worse as a whole.
Indeed. Well said, both you and Service Dog. And a few others if I'm not mistaken.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:

Your image was entirely appropriate to the situation, as far as I'm concerned. Your infographics rock. If the apologists had their way, none of these images would ever see the light of day. Sometimes it takes a shock to wake people up.
Cheers. :D

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... bU7ZHc7a7A

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

Shatterface wrote:
dogen wrote:[youtube]zs7gAxsfK5U[/youtube]
I've met the guy married to the daughter of the actor who plays the butler[/baskinginreflectedcelebrity]

The actor is John Abineri. Older Brits might remember him from Survivors and for his role as Herne the Hatstand in Robin of Sherwood.

He played Chingachgook in the 1971 BBC version of Last of the Mohicans. Back then he got an Emmy nomination; these days he'd be lynched for cultural appropriation.

http://www.crazyabouttv.com/Images/last ... series.jpg
Although of course, he'll always be best known (to nerds) as Railton from Death to the Daleks.

Yeah, I'm that far behind.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote:

This is why I think that some people went overboard with the Carrier-bashing, or why I agree with Service Dog here about the Myers-bashing, or why I disagree with him and thought that the line was crossed when someone here sent a clearly insane woman to seek out Myers as a possible ally for her crazy allegations.

Carrier is a huge hypocrite, a sleazy PUA wannabe who wants to be seen as a good feminist and someone who shows contempt for the rules he helped to set up, but there's no evidence that he's guilty of any crimes. Myers is an obnoxious holier-than-thou hypocrite, but there's no evidence that he's guilty of any crimes, and he didn't "enable child rape" by showing compassion to Ogvorbis as much he showed his hypocrisy once again when he bashed Josh Duggar (who was found guilty of a similar crime in similar circumstances as the alleged crimes of Ogvorbis).

Myers and his ilk are the ones who have turned allegations of serious crimes or of setting up "havens" for those crimes, or of being "apologists" into a political/sociological tool against "the enemy". That's one of the reasons which make them so vile. We shouldn't stoop to their level, not for our own image's sake but for the sake of our principles.

I think that we should hold ourselves to our own standards even when the SJWs don't. That's what should make it clear that the standards we defend matter. In the end neither we nor the SJWs are really that important. We're all "people with an opinion on the Internet". What's important is a general cultural attitude which informs some court rulings which change laws and affect everyone.

The SJWs are working to tear down some standards, like the presumption of innocence, the burden of proof, trial by a jury of peers into a court room, equality before the law and due process and to gradually substitute them with presumption of guilt and the lack of burden of proof ("believe the victims!"), trial in a kangaroo court (like your college or maybe, in the future, your workplace) or trial by media, special protection for certain people and a great amount of slander, guilt by association and twisting words.

And sometimes you have to beat the unclean to death with a stick.

The Pit forged its niche by purposely skirting (and at times crossing) the SJ line.

We kicked cunts, published Zvan sex movies, called fat ugly people .... fat and ugly. We made offensive shoops, trolled and socked our way across FtB - witch hunting sanctimonious tumours like Avicenna, Carrier, Oggie and Benson into benign fragments. And yes we opened second fronts with reasoned argument wherever there was a forum. Even when reason seems an inappropriate weapon against the madness of girl-cock.

But let's be honest. The Pit fans just enough life into the SJ capacity for obsessive self concern as to bring out their inner madness and thus render themselves ineffective. Let's not pretend we are righteous warriors of civility and accord. FtB shot itself repeatedly in the head. But we offered up the "inner voices" and a couple of the bullets as well.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I have no idea where I stand on this argument.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

PZ went to the movies. And guess what. He found the movie terrible. Quelle surprise.

This time Tarzan is the target.

Why? Well when he was a kid PZ read the originals and then became enlightened and realised he had been tricked by racist rants.
I could find them entertaining as an oblivious white kid, but once you grow up, you have to wake up to the context. And the context is intolerable.
Fair enough. Problem is he accepts none of this is in the movie. In fact Tarzan goes to bat for the darkies against the colonial oppressors.

Problem is he is still white.
The new movie struggles to overcome the racist subtext of the story, but fails. It’s implicit. In this case, the writers have made some heroic black characters, and rather than robbing and tormenting the black tribes, White Skin has now arrived to save them from colonial marauders.

I shouldn’t have to spell out the problem with that.
This man is not going to be happy till he eyeballs Princess Diana of Themyscira's panties.

http://web.archive.org/web/201607270857 ... es-please/

I see archive.is is now archive.today, the terrorists have won.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

rayshul wrote:I have no idea where I stand on this argument.
Come stand with me. It will be fun. There will be ice cream.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Take Dr Carrier's example and be outstanding in your field.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

I'm standing right beside you on this.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

My wife and I had a lot of fun in Liuzhou, but it's nice to be home again.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

jimhabegger wrote:My wife and I had a lot of fun in Liuzhou, but it's nice to be home again.
That's nice. So which one wins. Liuzhou Park or Ma'anshan?

feathers

Post by feathers »

Brive1987 wrote:And sometimes you have to beat the unclean to death with a stick the soggy end of their own bitten-of arm.
Ha!
The Pit forged its niche by purposely skirting (and at times crossing) the SJ line.

We kicked cunts, published Zvan sex movies, called fat ugly people .... fat and ugly. We made offensive shoops, trolled and socked our way across FtB - witch hunting sanctimonious tumours like Avicenna, Carrier, Oggie and Benson into benign fragments. And yes we opened second fronts with reasoned argument wherever there was a forum. Even when reason seems an inappropriate weapon against the madness of girl-cock.
But there's a thin, but sharp line between:
(1) PZ is a cunt
(2) PZ is a paedophile
in that most people will take (1) figuratively, and even if they don't, being a female organ is not regulated by law; whereas (2) can easily be taken literally, and if true, does carry an accusation of illegal activity.

Pretty much all of the photoshops you mention are either crass, rude, or way over the top but it's always clear the persons depicted are being parodied. Avicenna et alii were basically buried in their own lies.

It's sometimes a fine line between rapscallious invective and downright slander, but if you want the backing of people like Michael Nugent, it's advisable to stay on the safer side.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The Pit's saving grace has always been invective with meta wit, or simple statements of fact - like PZ is a cunt.

That's probably the best benchmark. Though much of my own wit I fear, is invisible to all but myself.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Well bugger me. I engage Jim and he fucks off. And he's meant to be the nice one.

Beware.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

George Pell up for child abuse. No word on whether he also blogged.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

Brive1987 wrote:Well bugger me. I engage Jim and he fucks off. And he's meant to be the nice one.

Beware.
I see that patience is not your strong point. I have a life, actually. :roll:

Is there something I'm supposed to know about Ma'anshan? And are you talking about the one in Anhui, or the one in Taiwan?

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

Brive1987 wrote:
jimhabegger wrote:My wife and I had a lot of fun in Liuzhou, but it's nice to be home again.
That's nice. So which one wins. Liuzhou Park or Ma'anshan?
Oh! LOL! Ma'anshan Park in Liuzhou!

We only visited Queshan Park and Longtan Park.

Liuzhou didn't seem as modern and glamorous as we hoped, but it has the essentials: Starbucks, Pizza Hut, McDonald's, KFC, Uniqlo and H&M. Guilin doesn't have Uniqlo and H&M yet.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Brive1987 wrote:PZ went to the movies. And guess what. He found the movie terrible. Quelle surprise.

This time Tarzan is the target.

Why? Well when he was a kid PZ read the originals and then became enlightened and realised he had been tricked by racist rants.
Cartomancer in the comments:
27 July 2016 at 12:07 am

I tried to think of ways you could radically re-jig the story to make it an interesting commentary on racism or challenge to it, rather than just the product of racist ideas.
:lol: