The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
sp0tlight

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by sp0tlight »

Fuck, and here I though I'm a funny cunt. It's 1:30AM, so… I plead tired.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Notice how it seems easier for middle class, upper class, and wealthy people to raise money for themselves and their whimsical pet project on Patreon, Kickstarter, etc., as opposed to people who genuinely need backing?

jimmyfromchicago

Post by jimmyfromchicago »

Really? wrote:
jimmyfromchicago wrote:Zvan's response is Delphic and weird:
Stephanie Zvan wrote: Stephanie Zvan – ‏@szvan

I also received a C&D. It's transparently baseless, but no one should have to be as bored with legal threats as I am to talk harassment.
9:04 AM - 31 Jul 2016
She's bored with legal threats so she either is or isn't going to talk about harassment. Which one is it? Is she talking about sexual harassment, or is she saying Carrier's lawsuit would be a SLAPP?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
More to consider:

Carrier addresses Zvan in his post:
Stephanie Zvan of The Orbit and PZ Myers of Freethought Blogs both claim they have spoken to “two other women” who have made claims against me. They released no details about those claims, just conclusory statements whose truth cannot be assessed. They conducted no professional investigation of any of those claims before publishing them, not even of the sort a competent journalist would perform. Such behavior is reckless, irresponsible, and unprofessional.
She's always grouped with PZ in that post. If Zvan got a C&D, did he also send one to PZ? What happened when Shermer sent PZ a C&D? I am happy to have lived long enough to see this day.

Oh, geez. I should have looked already. Looks like PZ also got a C&D, but he is using the word "sue" instead.
Remember the whole anticipation when Shermer's lawyer's deadline was coming up and PZ did nothing and Shermer did nothing and we were all disappointed? Maybe Dick won't disappointed. Nine more days.
If they're smart, they'll all file for declaratory judgments in their home counties, causing Carrier to have to fight multiple lawsuits in different venues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

sp0tlight wrote:
Fuck, and here I though I'm a funny cunt. It's 1:30AM, so… I plead tired.
If it makes you feel better I think you are a cunt.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Really? wrote: Carrier addresses Zvan in his post:
Stephanie Zvan of The Orbit and PZ Myers of Freethought Blogs both claim they have spoken to “two other women” who have made claims against me. They released no details about those claims, just conclusory statements whose truth cannot be assessed. They conducted no professional investigation of any of those claims before publishing them, not even of the sort a competent journalist would perform. Such behavior is reckless, irresponsible, and unprofessional.
Come on Dick... You can do I it! You're so close to actual awareness. I look forward to your epiphany and subsequent formal apology to Michael Shermer.

/overoptimistic

Darth Cynic

Post by Darth Cynic »

comhcinc wrote:I had a weird encounter with a chic in the grocery store around 1 am a couple of months back. She wanted my number the the "crazy going to say you raped me/got me pregnant" vibe was too strong.
So you're saying you went home with her then?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

jimmyfromchicago wrote:
If they're smart, they'll all file for declaratory judgments in their home counties, causing Carrier to have to fight multiple lawsuits in different venues.

Tapacunt
Do not help them. They read here. Keep it on the back channel.

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

Gumby wrote:apology to Michael Shermer.
:lol:
Gumby wrote:/overoptimistic
That's saying it lightly. :dance:

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Darth Cynic wrote:
comhcinc wrote:I had a weird encounter with a chic in the grocery store around 1 am a couple of months back. She wanted my number the the "crazy going to say you raped me/got me pregnant" vibe was too strong.
So you're saying you went home with her then?

No. Thought about it for a minute, not going to lie.

I don't want any type of relationship right now. As has been my experience all my life, I seem to attract the really crazy ones when I am not trying. Like really fucking crazy.

Don't know why. They all tell me I have amazing eyes. Every last one of them.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

That's when I miss John Greg. He would have had a field-trip on that shit.

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

Intellectual Artillery, 2016. Shit on canvas, author unknown.

https://thelateunpleasantness.files.wor ... efield.jpg?

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Brive1987 wrote:Jimmy Olsen?

In 2002, three employees of the Columbus zoo were condemned, after it was revealed that the zookeepers allowed people into the zoo after business hours for the purpose of copulating with the animals.
There is a rather disturbing story floating around the interwebs claiming a man was killed while trying to rape an alligator. While hoax stories involving beastiality have become more and more common, they are usually still a croc of bull.

This story was found on worldnewsdailyreport, a known hoax website that publishes fake content for entertainment purposes ONLY. Click here for a link to their disclaimer.
http://hoax-alert.leadstories.com/72154 ... gator.html

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Lets see if I can attract any crazy.....

http://i.imgur.com/HLnIkE9.jpg

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Gumby wrote:
Really? wrote: Carrier addresses Zvan in his post:
Come on Dick... You can do I it! You're so close to actual awareness. I look forward to your epiphany and subsequent formal apology to Michael Shermer.

/overoptimistic
Very few, if any, paid-up members of the SJW Baboon cult have apologised for their behaviour once they have been "othered". Even those who now hate the remaining SJWs/Baboon core - like Ophelia Benson. I can't think of any examples on top of my head.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Jimmy Olsen?

In 2002, three employees of the Columbus zoo were condemned, after it was revealed that the zookeepers allowed people into the zoo after business hours for the purpose of copulating with the animals.
There is a rather disturbing story floating around the interwebs claiming a man was killed while trying to rape an alligator. While hoax stories involving beastiality have become more and more common, they are usually still a croc of bull.

This story was found on worldnewsdailyreport, a known hoax website that publishes fake content for entertainment purposes ONLY. Click here for a link to their disclaimer.
http://hoax-alert.leadstories.com/72154 ... gator.html

Either

http://i.imgur.com/7fRD5rT.jpg

Or

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/400x/56012839.jpg'

Take your pick.

Darth Cynic

Post by Darth Cynic »

HunnyBunny wrote:And he has a lawyer. Can someone find out if Cambell Perry LLC is anything more than a cheap ambulance chaser?
Oh dear, that's not a good sign for the three ring circus a self-representation promises but I still hold hope that this is no more than a money, and time saving scare tactic that has to come from an actual lawyer to be effective. While imperfect I'd reckon Dicky will be able to rationalise a cessation of claims as essentially vindicating him entirely. Hopefully the targets will be unmoved, Dicky will be lacking in financial resources and he will therefore be obliged to represent himself to try and make it all go away.

Darth Cynic

Post by Darth Cynic »

comhcinc wrote:No. Thought about it for a minute, not going to lie.

I don't want any type of relationship right now. As has been my experience all my life, I seem to attract the really crazy ones when I am not trying. Like really fucking crazy.

The kind that might look good in a jar filled with preservative? One of many jars on many shelves?

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

What is it with these hoax alligator sex slave reports?
Rupert Darwin, 59, kept a 12 foot alligator tied and blindfold for the last month, sexually assaulting the reptile multiple times a day.

Darwin is a relatively unknown fisherman who lives in the outskirts of the remote town of 400. Residents say he sticks to himself and described him as “odd.”

Police responded after a man out of a nature hike happened to walk by Darwin’s house and saw Darwin having sex with the alligator in his backyard.

Collier County Sheriffs responded and arrested Darwin on multiple counts of animal cruelty and one count of illegally keeping a wild animal.
https://www.18karatreggae.com/2015/07/1 ... -arrested/

BUT:
The story’s author might have been able to maintain the horrific tale if it were not for adding in the location of Rupert’s arrest. According to the story, Rupert Darwin was arrested by the Collier County Sheriff’s Office in Florida. Unfortunately for the propagation of the story, the Collier County Sheriff’s Office has an online arrest search page that goes back a decade. A man named Rupert Darwin has never been arrested in Collier County, Florida.
According to the horrific story, Rupert told the cops that he was not actually sexually attracted to the alligator. He claimed that he kept it as a sex slave in order to torture it, because killing the animal would not have been awful enough. In the story, Rupert claims that the alligator had tried to eat him. Readers didn’t believe the man’s story, claiming that it was obviously Rupert’s way of acting as though he wasn’t into reptilian bestiality. If a man were to keep an alligator captive and rape it regularly, it wouldn’t be that hard to believe that one would deny their affinity to bestiality, but alas, the entire story is made up. One could call it a satire article, or just a scam for increased page views and website revenue, but the fact remains that it simply never happened.
Besides for the lack of an arrest record for Rupert Darwin, the Collier County Sheriff’s Office also confirmed that the story is false on their Facebook page.
“Hey everyone — this story seems to be gaining traction on social media, but don’t believe it. It’s as fake as crocodile tears,” the post confirmed. Indeed, Rupert Darwin was never arrested in Collier County for animal abuse after keeping an alligator as a sex slave.
http://www.inquisitr.com/2250439/did-ru ... o-eat-him/

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Darth Cynic wrote:
comhcinc wrote:No. Thought about it for a minute, not going to lie.

The kind that might look good in a jar filled with preservative? One of many jars on many shelves?
No clue but it is certainly possible. I posted a picture. You tell me.

Darth Cynic

Post by Darth Cynic »

sp0tlight wrote:Intellectual Artillery, 2016. Shit on canvas, author unknown.

Nah, this is the Intellectual Artillery in action.

[youtube]dstGdAHGL30[/youtube]

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Even those who now hate the remaining SJWs/Baboon core - like Ophelia Benson. I can't think of any examples on top of my head.
EllenBeth

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Darth Cynic wrote:
sp0tlight wrote:Intellectual Artillery, 2016. Shit on canvas, author unknown.

Nah, this is the Intellectual Artillery in action.

[youtube]dstGdAHGL30[/youtube]
For any terrorists reading this, there is absolutely no danger to firing off more than 3 mortars in succession from the same tube.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Darth Cynic wrote:Hopefully the targets will be unmoved, Dicky will be lacking in financial resources and he will therefore be obliged to represent himself to try and make it all go away.
That should go well.

[youtube]sR_B83QN3X0[/youtube]

Darth Cynic

Post by Darth Cynic »

comhcinc wrote:No clue but it is certainly possible. I posted a picture. You tell me.
Prefer brown eyes myself so I have no idea, sorry.

Oh and I came across this earlier: Saatchi boss Kevin Roberts disciplined over gender comments.

Can't say I saw anything objectionable in his words as related by the Beeb but apparently an even slightly off-narrative opinion is enough to get some people placed on leave prior to further possible disciplinary action. However, I'm a card carrying member of the oppressive Patriarchy so what would I know.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Holy fuck they really know what they are doing over there.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-midea ... B0VK?il=0
The death toll from a suicide bombing in central Baghdad on July 3 has reached 324 and might climb further, Iraq's health minister said on Sunday.

The attack, claimed by the militant group Islamic State whose fighters government forces are trying to eject from large parts of the north and west, was the deadliest bombing in Iraq since U.S.-led forces toppled Saddam Hussein 13 years ago.

The toll could climb further as forensic teams are still working to identify bodies, the minister, Adela Hmoud, said.

Islamic State has lost ground in Iraq since last year to U.S.-backed government forces and Iranian-backed Shi'ite

militias.

But the deadly July 3 bombing in a commercial street of the mainly Shi'ite Karrada district of central Baghdad showed it can still strike in the capital.

On July 7, the ministry put the toll at 292. But it has risen as more people, initially registered as missing, were identified as among the dead, Hmoud said.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

BoxNDox wrote: I'd venture a guess that Brian Slawson might register somewhere on the spectrum:

[youtube]W79ea-p_uFk[/youtube]
Where's Frankie Valli?

[youtube]kYBZqfOZiS4[/youtube]

Guest_935516df

Post by Guest_935516df »

paddybrown wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:There are some comments on Carrier's latest post, apparently he is not limiting them to Patreon only.
It is obvious that he is letting favorable comments pass, and dismissing comments he does not like from strangers.

-Solyent
paddybrown wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:There are some comments on Carrier's latest post, apparently he is not limiting them to Patreon only.
It is obvious that he is letting favorable comments pass, and dismissing comments he does not like from strangers.

-Solyent

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Guest_935516df wrote:
paddybrown wrote:

-Solyent
paddybrown wrote:

-Solyent
Well that has to be a first.

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

comhcinc wrote:They all tell me I have amazing eyes. Every last one of them.
http://orig11.deviantart.net/a212/f/200 ... enater.jpg

Darth Cynic

Post by Darth Cynic »

Gumby wrote:
Darth Cynic wrote:Hopefully the targets will be unmoved, Dicky will be lacking in financial resources and he will therefore be obliged to represent himself to try and make it all go away.
That should go well.
That's certainly my hope.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

I wonder if it's possible that Carrier has found a lawyer willing to tie fees to a final settlement? I'm not sure how common that is, or even possible, but if Carrier could convince a lawyer that he will win the settlement would no doubt include lawyers fees.

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

Darth Cynic wrote:
comhcinc wrote:No clue but it is certainly possible. I posted a picture. You tell me.
Prefer brown eyes myself so I have no idea, sorry.

Oh and I came across this earlier: Saatchi boss Kevin Roberts disciplined over gender comments.

Can't say I saw anything objectionable in his words as related by the Beeb but apparently an even slightly off-narrative opinion is enough to get some people placed on leave prior to further possible disciplinary action. However, I'm a card carrying member of the oppressive Patriarchy so what would I know.
So yeah. I read that before, and honestly, it pissed me the hell off. I'm still fuming about it.

Here's the problem with it. Basically, Roberts was noting the idea that not all of his workers were first and foremost concerned about being promoted up into management, and that these tended to be more women than men. That's basically what he was saying. In my view, good for them. Hell, that's how I feel as well. I'm not really the managerial type, and if I'm in a role I enjoy, I'd rather be able to continue doing it thank you very much. Those people, IMO are extremely valuable to a company, and often are more self-satisfied.

The problem with this sort of statistical analysis, is when you go by a linear scale, and that More X on that scale is good and less X on that scale is bad, really fucks over people who prefer less X.

Ballgame of Feminist Critics has a term for this, Patriarchal Feminism, and I agree with that. It's the idea that the goal of Feminism should be to "uplift" women towards Masculine hierarchical notions of success and power. And as a male who wants no part of those notions, well, quite frankly they can all go fuck themselves.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

jimmyfromchicago wrote: If they're smart, they'll all file for declaratory judgments in their home counties, causing Carrier to have to fight multiple lawsuits in different venues.
[youtube]arZdeg_fL-I[/youtube]

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Hunt wrote:I wonder if it's possible that Carrier has found a lawyer willing to tie fees to a final settlement? I'm not sure how common that is, or even possible, but if Carrier could convince a lawyer that he will win the settlement would no doubt include lawyers fees.
Dicky's seeking lost wages. So, NO. This is strictly piecework.

Guest_935516df

Post by Guest_935516df »

Really? wrote:She's always grouped with PZ in that post. If Zvan got a C&D, did he also send one to PZ? What happened when Shermer sent PZ a C&D? I am happy to have lived long enough to see this day.

Oh, geez. I should have looked already. Looks like PZ also got a C&D, but he is using the word "sue" instead.
Remember the whole anticipation when Shermer's lawyer's deadline was coming up and PZ did nothing and Shermer did nothing and we were all disappointed? Maybe Dick won't disappointed. Nine more days.
What do you mean 9 more days? That letter was sent on July the 10th. The scary 10 day waiting period is well past expired.

And with the $10,000 Richard had in his retirement fund, I would expect he can pay for 50 hours of legal work tops.
* Stephanie
* PZ
* Ann Frank

We can assume he sent one to Lauren Lane too.

If they all participated, they could chew through a $3,000 retainer fee (15 hours) rather fast. The whole $10,000 wouldn't take long either. What are the odds that Richard's parents might bank roll him? He never mentions them.

Although it is noted here that his parents were free thinking methodist & his mother was Church secretary.
infidels.org/library/modern/richard_carrier/bio.html

-Soyelnt d6f

free thoughtpolice

Guest_935516df wrote:
paddybrown wrote:

-Solyent
paddybrown wrote:

-Solyent
On the other hand, two of the allowed commenters were people that had hired him for gigs, and one of those is his "girlfriend's" husband.
So, not strangers :geek: and have given him money. Although not technically patreons.
I was tempted to try a supportive remark and see if he let it pass. He usually wasn't adverse to getting feedback, so who knows how long that patreon only thing will last?

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
HunnyBunny wrote: Apparently Dick Carrier is going after Amy Frank, the former President of Arizona SSA.

:popcorn:
Holy shit:
“During the course of the night, Dr. Carrier brought up having sexual relations with my husband and I. He told me that he was disappointed that my husband wouldn't let me just have sex with him, but that'd he'd be willing to have my husband involved. My husband quickly fell asleep after arriving [at a friend’s] house. Dr. Carrier kept whispering to me how my husband wasn't awake and wouldn't be for a while (insinuating that he wouldn't know if we did something inappropriate)...He repeatedly pointed out the fact that'd he had a vasectomy and how it much it increased his sexual performance.

“Dr. Carrier made me feel very uncomfortable. He is very charming so he did not scare me at first, but he got increasingly creepy throughout the night. He is very obsessed with his sex life and has no problem sharing it with students, and trying to involve them in it. I would never feel okay going to another speaking event of his, or being in a private setting with him again. I think it would be unfair to his future female audiences to not say something about his actions. If something happened, I would feel partially at fault for not reporting his behavior.”
I'd really like to know which one of them is lying. I'd be willing to support Carrier is she was just making this shit up out of a simple proposition. If Carrier was being this persistent and creepy, then I hope he ends up living under a bridge. But those two stories do not jibe at all.

That's the flip side of Emma "Mattress Girl" and UVA Jackie. It used to be that I would be inclined to believe Any Frank, especially in regards to Carrier and his sock puppets and spooge buckets. Now I have no clue who to trust, though "none" seems like a safe option.

Guest_935516df

Post by Guest_935516df »

d4m10n wrote:EllenBeth
If my memory serves me correctly, she woke up because she was flagging some of their bad behavior so they all turned on her. And she did it right. She recognized all of their bullshit in a short order of time and its affects on her, and how she had behaved, which she apologized for. More than forthright about what she had done wrong and how their absurd standards were wrongly applied to many people.

So far all I can see from Richard is that he only doesn't like it when the standards he advocated for are turned around and used on him. His motivations are purely selfish. And he isn't getting attacked for calling them on their bullshit.

Guest_935516df

Post by Guest_935516df »

Personally, I am hoping that Richard doesn't stop until he gets his satisfaction.
[youtube]a0fkNdPiIL4[/youtube]

jimmyfromchicago

Dr. Miller's Facebook thread makes for some interesting reading. Some of them really have to stretch the truth to make their points:
Martin Wagner wrote: Are you suggesting she had more power here? Whether Carrier gets to speak at a conference or not, he still has a successful careeer as an academic. The worst that could happen in this scenario is that Carrier is not on the speaker roster for one particular conference out of many across the nation.
Bwahahaha.

I also liked Mrs. Campquest's Facebook comment reposted at the Mythicist Milwaukee blog:
Amanda K Metskas wrote:I don’t like that my personal life is being dragged out in public and dissected, and I’ve hesitated to speak up about how I feel about Richard and about this situation because I knew that would only make my personal life more of a topic of gossip and judgement.
Then maybe don't get romantically involved with someone you deal with professionally and who shows poor judgment and no self-control.

Tapir

Post by Tapir »

Guest_935516df wrote:Personally, I am hoping that Richard doesn't stop until he gets his satisfaction.
[youtube]a0fkNdPiIL4[/youtube]
S S So m m many health and s ss safety violations - ss ssso lit t tle tiiiiiiiiimmmmmme.

jimmyfromchicago

comhcinc wrote:
jimmyfromchicago wrote:

Tapacunt
If people you despise are in a Mexican standoff, is it really a bad thing to give them bullets?

Really?

Post by Really? »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
HunnyBunny wrote: Apparently Dick Carrier is going after Amy Frank, the former President of Arizona SSA.

:popcorn:
Holy shit:
“During the course of the night, Dr. Carrier brought up having sexual relations with my husband and I. He told me that he was disappointed that my husband wouldn't let me just have sex with him, but that'd he'd be willing to have my husband involved. My husband quickly fell asleep after arriving [at a friend’s] house. Dr. Carrier kept whispering to me how my husband wasn't awake and wouldn't be for a while (insinuating that he wouldn't know if we did something inappropriate)...He repeatedly pointed out the fact that'd he had a vasectomy and how it much it increased his sexual performance.

“Dr. Carrier made me feel very uncomfortable. He is very charming so he did not scare me at first, but he got increasingly creepy throughout the night. He is very obsessed with his sex life and has no problem sharing it with students, and trying to involve them in it. I would never feel okay going to another speaking event of his, or being in a private setting with him again. I think it would be unfair to his future female audiences to not say something about his actions. If something happened, I would feel partially at fault for not reporting his behavior.”
I'd really like to know which one of them is lying. I'd be willing to support Carrier is she was just making this shit up out of a simple proposition. If Carrier was being this persistent and creepy, then I hope he ends up living under a bridge. But those two stories do not jibe at all.

That's the flip side of Emma "Mattress Girl" and UVA Jackie. It used to be that I would be inclined to believe Any Frank, especially in regards to Carrier and his sock puppets and spooge buckets. Now I have no clue who to trust, though "none" seems like a safe option.
The Gofundme released what I believe is new information: that Dicky had his powerballs snipped and brags about the new penis power the procedure gave him. The former is very easily corroborated, but I am not volunteering. I think it's safe to say that he has used this line on other women, seeing as how frequently he poaches women who are at the age where they really, really don't want to get pregnant.

Frankly, I believe Amy Frank on this one. Not because I hate Carrier, but because she's not alleging anal rape, like Mattress Girl did. She's alleging that he touched her hair and asked to fuck her too many times and wouldn't take the hint that she thought he was a creepy fucking weirdo. She's not gilding the lily too much. And she reported the problem to SSA and SSA pretending to punish Carrier. They set up a judicial system in which asking to fuck someone too many times is a death sentence for your career, and that's what Carrier is starting to feel.

No sympathy. Not even a tiny bit.
Guest_935516df wrote:
Really? wrote:She's always grouped with PZ in that post. If Zvan got a C&D, did he also send one to PZ? What happened when Shermer sent PZ a C&D? I am happy to have lived long enough to see this day.

What do you mean 9 more days? That letter was sent on July the 10th. The scary 10 day waiting period is well past expired.

And with the $10,000 Richard had in his retirement fund, I would expect he can pay for 50 hours of legal work tops.
* Stephanie
* PZ
* Ann Frank

We can assume he sent one to Lauren Lane too.

If they all participated, they could chew through a $3,000 retainer fee (15 hours) rather fast. The whole $10,000 wouldn't take long either. What are the odds that Richard's parents might bank roll him? He never mentions them.

Although it is noted here that his parents were free thinking methodist & his mother was Church secretary.
infidels.org/library/modern/richard_carrier/bio.html

-Soyelnt d6f
Good catch on the date. I hadn't noticed. As for Dick's parents, I don't recall him mentioning a father. (Perhaps he thinks he's the product of a virgin birth.) And the mother seems to love him, but I don't think she has millions of dollars under her mattress. Perhaps he went to his ex-wife to ask for a loan so he can send cease and desist letters to the woman he was fucking on the dee ell while they were still married.
free thoughtpolice wrote: On the other hand, two of the allowed commenters were people that had hired him for gigs, and one of those is his "girlfriend's" husband.
So, not strangers :geek: and have given him money. Although not technically patreons.
I was tempted to try a supportive remark and see if he let it pass. He usually wasn't adverse to getting feedback, so who knows how long that patreon only thing will last?
I believe you may be incorrect on this one. August Brunsman IV is the head of SSA and the man whose wife has been sipping Carrier's sperm-free juices straight from the tap. "August Berkshire"....

JAW DROPS. August Berkshire is:
National board of directors of American Atheists. Past president of Minnesota Atheists. Past vice president of Atheist Alliance International.
https://twitter.com/augustberkshire

http://www.pointofinquiry.org/august_be ... a_atheist/

I may do more research later, but Mr. Berkshire's organizations have given the semen-covered one a lot of money and support in the past. David Silverman was in a two-way with Carrier only a couple months ago.

This shit goes straight to the top!

Really?

Post by Really? »

jimmyfromchicago wrote:Dr. Miller's Facebook thread makes for some interesting reading. Some of them really have to stretch the truth to make their points:
Martin Wagner wrote: Are you suggesting she had more power here? Whether Carrier gets to speak at a conference or not, he still has a successful careeer as an academic. The worst that could happen in this scenario is that Carrier is not on the speaker roster for one particular conference out of many across the nation.
Bwahahaha.

I also liked Mrs. Campquest's Facebook comment reposted at the Mythicist Milwaukee blog:
Amanda K Metskas wrote:I don’t like that my personal life is being dragged out in public and dissected, and I’ve hesitated to speak up about how I feel about Richard and about this situation because I knew that would only make my personal life more of a topic of gossip and judgement.
Then maybe don't get romantically involved with someone you deal with professionally and who shows poor judgment and no self-control.
She put her entire organization at risk to help out her polyamorous vasectomized love doctor! That's on her!

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

jimmyfromchicago wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
jimmyfromchicago wrote:

Tapacunt
If people you despise are in a Mexican standoff, is it really a bad thing to give them bullets?
Carrier isn't made out of money and his job prospects are not great.

If this gets too $$$ he will have to stop and then the lulz will die.

free thoughtpolice

"The girlfriend's husband" is how I described Auggie. So I did see it. :dance: :dance:

Really?

Post by Really? »

free thoughtpolice wrote:"The girlfriend's husband" is how I described Auggie. So I did see it. :dance: :dance:
Unless you're joking, August Brunsman and August Berkshire are two different people. Right?

If you're just making a joke based on the somewhat unusual common name, disregard.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Really? wrote:Dr. Miller's Facebook thread makes for some interesting reading. Some of them really have to stretch the truth to make their points:
Such as this chick, who needs either grammar lessons or very strong ADHD meds:

http://i.imgur.com/iU63U6z.png

Guest_935516df

Post by Guest_935516df »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:I'd really like to know which one of them is lying. I'd be willing to support Carrier is she was just making this shit up out of a simple proposition. If Carrier was being this persistent and creepy, then I hope he ends up living under a bridge. But those two stories do not jibe at all.

OK. Let's take a look at how both parties may believe they are telling the truth.

House party. Going into the morning. Plenty of time to hang out as Carrier had plenty of time to either engage her in long conversations, or pester her for sex. We can assume plenty of booze since her husband had already passed out and parties don't go on that late in the morning without booze. Their brains, behavior and recollections are all going to be a tad bit fuzzy at best.

As far as the "sexual assault" goes, keep in mind we are talking about SJW standards. Any touching at all in the pursuit of furthered sexual or romantic intimacy would be classified as sexual assault in their eyes. So a touch on the shoulder, the arm, the hand. Basically what could be considered normal behavior, especially when drinking at an all night house party. Behavior so normal and intuitive that Carrier probably wouldn't even remember it himself. Especially well after the fact and after the booze is accounted for.

Richard has witnesses. Husband passed out in one room. Maybe the house party was spread out, kitchen living room, play room outside, line by the bathroom. You know, normal house party. Richard's witnesses claim they didn't see the allegations Amy Frank made. And they probably didn't. Or at least touching of the arm, shoulder hand while drinking was so banal while drinking that it didn't even register in their minds. As far as pestering her for sex. How often do you bust a move in front of an audience? They typically never goes well. Carrier isn't going to behave any differently. Especially while he is trying to convince her to have sex while her husband is passed out on the couch.

So did Richard keep on hitting on her even after she told him no? She told him she had a boyfriend when propositioned in Carrier's own a backwards manner. Well most guys eventually figure out that an excuse, any excuse, is essentially a 'no,' and if it happens to be the the excuse really is true it is totally up to the girl to make that clear and to counter-propose alternative plans if she really is interested.

In Amy's mind, and in common woman's terms, she told him no. 'I have a boyfriend who would not be open to it.' Richard in his typically dullard self thinks this is just a concern, not a 'No.' So he continues to be his typical 'charming' drunken poly-friendly self. Joking around. Continuing to flirt. Dropping hints. And it is not even registering in his mind that he has been shut down. He didn't even pay attention to it as such.

-Soylent d6f

free thoughtpolice

Speaking of Dr. Miller. Who is Derek Miller, her apparent assailant?
Her brother? ex? Or is the name just coincidental?
Kind of like handing off a grenade without deciding on a target.
Come on Ashley . How about some blog posts and filling us in? Please? :drool:

Guest_935516df

Post by Guest_935516df »

comhcinc wrote:Carrier isn't made out of money and his job prospects are not great.
No. Competent lawyers make their clients shut up. Little to-no cash means they will continue to duke it out on-line. And if we get really lucky some of them may desire to self represent.

free thoughtpolice

Really? wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:"The girlfriend's husband" is how I described Auggie. So I did see it. :dance: :dance:
Unless you're joking, August Brunsman and August Berkshire are two different people. Right?

If you're just making a joke based on the somewhat unusual common name, disregard.
Yeah.. I was just making a joke... :oops:

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

I'd toss the bullets to Carrier. He's already riddled with bullet holes, half of them from his own guns.

He's toast outside of the tiny Jesus mythicist crowd & a small clutch of fleshy oddball swingers & wifeswappers in Ohio. Ray Comfort has a better profile within the secular community at this point. I'd love to watch him spill the beans on that incestuous little scene he's just been banished from while everyone concerned tries to suppress an embarrassed shudder.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Guest_935516df wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:I'd really like to know which one of them is lying. I'd be willing to support Carrier is she was just making this shit up out of a simple proposition. If Carrier was being this persistent and creepy, then I hope he ends up living under a bridge. But those two stories do not jibe at all.

OK. Let's take a look at how both parties may believe they are telling the truth.

House party. Going into the morning. Plenty of time to hang out as Carrier had plenty of time to either engage her in long conversations, or pester her for sex. We can assume plenty of booze since her husband had already passed out and parties don't go on that late in the morning without booze. Their brains, behavior and recollections are all going to be a tad bit fuzzy at best.

As far as the "sexual assault" goes, keep in mind we are talking about SJW standards. Any touching at all in the pursuit of furthered sexual or romantic intimacy would be classified as sexual assault in their eyes. So a touch on the shoulder, the arm, the hand. Basically what could be considered normal behavior, especially when drinking at an all night house party. Behavior so normal and intuitive that Carrier probably wouldn't even remember it himself. Especially well after the fact and after the booze is accounted for.

Richard has witnesses. Husband passed out in one room. Maybe the house party was spread out, kitchen living room, play room outside, line by the bathroom. You know, normal house party. Richard's witnesses claim they didn't see the allegations Amy Frank made. And they probably didn't. Or at least touching of the arm, shoulder hand while drinking was so banal while drinking that it didn't even register in their minds. As far as pestering her for sex. How often do you bust a move in front of an audience? They typically never goes well. Carrier isn't going to behave any differently. Especially while he is trying to convince her to have sex while her husband is passed out on the couch.

So did Richard keep on hitting on her even after she told him no? She told him she had a boyfriend when propositioned in Carrier's own a backwards manner. Well most guys eventually figure out that an excuse, any excuse, is essentially a 'no,' and if it happens to be the the excuse really is true it is totally up to the girl to make that clear and to counter-propose alternative plans if she really is interested.

In Amy's mind, and in common woman's terms, she told him no. 'I have a boyfriend who would not be open to it.' Richard in his typically dullard self thinks this is just a concern, not a 'No.' So he continues to be his typical 'charming' drunken poly-friendly self. Joking around. Continuing to flirt. Dropping hints. And it is not even registering in his mind that he has been shut down. He didn't even pay attention to it as such.

-Soylent d6f
You are also forgetting that this poor 20 year old or so girl who totally has sex figured out, just as much as a recently divorced guy pushing fifty, has been shackled by decades of polymisogyny that tells her that her feelings are all wrong. So why not let slip that you can't get her pregnant? That his dick function is superior to that of other men?

You should be ashamed for ignoring that Carrier is merely trying to treat a young undergrad whose husband is sleeping in the next room like an equal and helping her to make informed sexual decisions.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

I heard there is a new policy at the next Skepticon, when you arrive you have to leave your car keys in a big glass bowl.

Really?

Post by Really? »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Really? wrote:

Yeah.. I was just making a joke... :oops:
Sorry. Carrier gets me excited. He's my favorite reality show.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Good points, Really? and Guest. Still a bit skeptical, but that could be because I'm really cynical from all the drama. Also reluctant to part with any cash after an extraordinarily expensive veterinary bill. Stupid ginger cat.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Guest_935516df wrote:
comhcinc wrote:Carrier isn't made out of money and his job prospects are not great.
No. Competent lawyers make their clients shut up. Little to-no cash means they will continue to duke it out on-line. And if we get really lucky some of them may desire to self represent.
Where is the proof of competent lawyers?

Guest_935516df

Post by Guest_935516df »

Really? wrote:Sorry. Carrier gets me excited. He's my favorite reality show.
Carrier tends to have a never say die attitude. Always overly self assured. Always positive about himself. And he boasts all of the time.

Elyse used to be entertain. But with children in the picture and her drug, alcohol, sex and abuse issues, it just got way too dark too fast.
-Soylent d6f

Really?

Post by Really? »

VickyCaramel wrote:I heard there is a new policy at the next Skepticon, when you arrive you have to leave your car keys in a big glass bowl.
You are forced to put a sticker on your key fob to let others know how many partners you are comfortable with having sex with at the same time.

Blue: 3
Red: 3-6
Green: 7-10
Gold: 11+