The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by Lsuoma »

Cnutella wrote:
Karmakin wrote: Yubikey, I believe is a sort of USB dongle thing that acts as a sort of physical second password for computer stuff.
http://img.ifcdn.com/images/c24eb63a573 ... 8481_1.jpg
[youtube]jNDSREcbvVc[/youtube]

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

CommanderTuvok wrote:I once spoke to someone who thought they were "into punk", and he could name one band who he thought could be described as "punk".

"Green Day", he muttered.

I smirked.
[youtube]DprmUHYRAn8[/youtube]

[youtube]wKL37yyh2pU[/youtube]

[youtube]9kV4rVPQF68[/youtube]

And stuff.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

The only VHS tapes I have left are a couple of Dead Kennedy boot legs I bought around 99

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Dear Lord: I know I don't actually believe in you, but on the off chance that you do exist, please destroy the human race. Creating us was a mistake. :pray:

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

[youtube]UWROBiX1eSc[/youtube]

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Tony the queer shoop has a post up about how blacks can't be racist because of power.
https://archive.is/Iv0Vp

In moderation:
August 3, 2016 at 2:46 pm

There were black people that owned slaves, and in fact many if not most of the slaves in the Atlantic Slave trade were captured and sold to Europeans by other Africans.
Africans took Europeans slaves in the Barbary coast slave trade.
Most importantly, only a small minority of white people in the US owned slaves or had the power to effect the policy. Should an entire race be judged by the actions of a few?
Haha, this sounds familiar to an argument I had on Patheos a month or so back. The rebuttal I got back was essentially that black slavers only bought black slaves to save them from the slave trade (a ludicrous notion), and that the slavers in the Barbary coast slave trade weren't black - because whose modern-day residents of what used to correspond to the Barbary coast now look something like this. (Of course indigenous Berbers look like this.)

I also mentioned the Moors (who very active during that period including at Barbary). (You know. From that scene in True Romance. This.) He didn't even know there was such a thing as a Moor. He thought I was making it up.

It was a very difficult conversation to have, especially when my whole point was to establish that black people also kept slaves and white slaves at that.

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

Pitchguest wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:Tony the queer shoop has a post up about how blacks can't be racist because of power.

In moderation:

There were black people that owned slaves, and in fact many if not most of the slaves in the Atlantic Slave trade were captured and sold to Europeans by other Africans.
Most importantly, only a small minority of white people in the US owned slaves or had the power to effect the policy. Should an entire race be judged by the actions of a few?
Haha, this sounds familiar to an argument I had on Patheos a month or so back. The rebuttal I got back was essentially that black slavers only bought black slaves to save them from the slave trade (a ludicrous notion), and that the slavers in the Barbary coast slave trade weren't black - because whose modern-day residents of what used to correspond to the Barbary coast now look something like this. (Of course indigenous Berbers look like this.)

I also mentioned the Moors (who very active during that period including at Barbary). (You know. From that scene in True Romance. This.) He didn't even know there was such a thing as a Moor. He thought I was making it up.

It was a very difficult conversation to have, especially when my whole point was to establish that black people also kept slaves and white slaves at that.
That's a pretty racist argument, that whole "non-whites lack power" thing.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Whenever I read these kind of comparative analyses of what is racism, I can't help but think that severity isn't really much of a useful qualifier. I'd agree that being called a cracker is less deleterious than being transported across the world into slavery, but I have to think they are both not good things.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Pitchguest wrote:

In moderation:

So many people are fucking clueless on issues such as slavery and colonialism. I have met people who are stunned to find that there are aboriginal people in say, Japan (the Ainu), and that the Japanese shat on them for centuries. They have been brain washed into thinking slavery and colonialism is exclusively a white, European thing. Every single civilisation on the planet has engaged in it, and yet, there is so much denial. Oh, and these people who usually very touchy when you bring up the Arab slave trade. The little snowflakes can't comprehend that people belonging to the religion of peace had one of the biggest and cruellest slave empires known to history. Doesn't quite fit their narrative.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Punching sideways is not punching down.

And every race apart from Anglo is under privileged.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Pitchguest wrote: I also mentioned the Moors (who very active during that period including at Barbary). (You know. From that scene in True Romance. This.) He didn't even know there was such a thing as a Moor. He thought I was making it up.
:lol: What a dozy, ignorant cunt. Just out of curiosity, do you remember his username?

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

Pitchguest wrote:

In moderation:

Moors?

[youtube]f0uYJjDHeDU[/youtube]

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Pitchguest wrote:
There's no such thing as the Moors, you pinhead!

[youtube]Ia02fGpUQfU[/youtube]

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Fuck you, Dog Puke.

:nin:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Things are moving slowly on the Amy front.

$10 two days ago and another $10 22 hours ago.

The trad. Myers, SZvan, Orbit signal boost is needed. Oh. That's right.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Pitchguest wrote:

In moderation:

Well it's apparent that not all blacks in the US purchased slaves for personal reasons like freeing friends or family, but also did so for profit motives. Henry Louis Gates is hardly a racist whitesplainer:
http://www.theroot.com/articles/history ... hey_exist/

As far as who sold the slaves to the slavers in the first place, the history is clear to everybody but Gazi Kodzo and his lunatic friends, from the pit of all lies (wikipedia):
The vast majority of those who were enslaved and transported to the New World, mainly on the triangular trade route and its Middle Passage, were West Africans from the central and western parts of the continent who had been sold by other western Africans to western European slave traders, with a small minority being captured directly by the slave traders in coastal raids, and brought to the Americas.

I'd love to have Tony blacksplain to me why I am somehow responsible for the sins against black people even though my ancestors come from a part of Yurp that was entirely uninvolved in the Atlantic slave trade and the only places they and I have lived in North America were areas that had zero involvement in it.
Of course, if you have white skin, you automatically are powerful and privileged and guilty of victimizing black people. And if you have black skin and believe this, you cannot be a racist.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Brive1987 wrote:Things are moving slowly on the Amy front.

:violin:

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Another cracker from Sye Ten Atheist:

[youtube]JcUi5_eNoqk[/youtube]

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

If a black person calls a white person a ‘cracker’, is that the same as a black person being forcibly ripped from their home country and brought to the United States to serve-unwillingly-as a slave for a white landowner?
I shall ponder this all day seeking hidden meaning.

Or. Or I'll chalk it up as the wisdom of a poor, bitter, unemployed black barman seeking solace in SJ victimhood.

Is that the same as dragging him from his cardboard shanty and displaying him as strange fruit? :think:

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

Gumby wrote:Fuck you, Dog Puke.

:nin:
Don't disturb me right now, I'm puking. :lol:

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

http://i.imgur.com/vvdNtVJ.jpg

Saw this today, on a Dodge Charger, driven by a filipino-lookin' 24 year old in a Hulkamania t-shirt, with a hot little blond asian wife, taking their kid to the playground.

USA!

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Tigzy wrote:
Pitchguest wrote: I also mentioned the Moors (who very active during that period including at Barbary). (You know. From that scene in True Romance. This.) He didn't even know there was such a thing as a Moor. He thought I was making it up.
:lol: What a dozy, ignorant cunt. Just out of curiosity, do you remember his username?
No, sadly, but here's another who insists that since Moors lived in the north of Africa they couldn't possibly be black.

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/barr ... 2776696351

Also, if you read the other part of the comment section a certain slimy turd makes an appearance. :hankey:

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

My mistake, meant to link to this and not the other one.

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/barr ... 2773939587

free thoughtpolice

Moors is derived from a Greek word for black?

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Shatterface wrote:So after bitching about David Cameron nominating his coronets for peerages, Jeremy Corbyn gives his one appointment to Shami Chakrabarti, former director of paedo-advocacy group Liberty, and chair of the 'independent' inquiry into anti-semitism in the Labour Party which concluded that there was, in fact, no Islamophobia.

Fucking unbelievable.
The labour party investigated itself and found nothing wrong.

Darth Cynic

Post by Darth Cynic »

free thoughtpolice wrote:[youtube]mFSCt7_8yP4[/youtube]
Hmmm... from what I had read - and I didn't look too deeply mind - Mrs Korryn was holding a gun when the police gained entry and the loving mother kept her five year old beside her throughout an armed standoff with the police. Odd how they never mentioned those less than edifying elements of the story, but then I guess they must have been using a small memory card for recording and they really needed to have that right-on chant in there.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
comhcinc wrote:The original Harry Potter was complete shit. Hate to ruin your childhood, and if you didn't read it as a child fuck off, but the books were never any good.
Did you read it as a child?
You are talking about comhcinc here so was that question even necessary. :evil:

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Cnutella wrote:So about this stabbing in London... I am willing to accept that this attack could fall into the category of "delusional headcase runs amok with with a knife" and that it's unfortunate that the perpetrator is of Somali descent. Either way, it all goes into the hate mill where it gets made into the Sausage of Bigotry (ht Tony Parsehole I).

What I don't get is how is it that the murdered woman has been publicly named when her assailant has not? As they tased him at the scene of the crime, I assume they must have a pretty good idea wherher he was actually responsible for the attack.
Forget it, even if in this case it was true the MSM have been lying to us so long nobody but gullible morons are going to believe it. It is the whole: O, what a tangled web we weave when first we practise to deceive! In action, now if we are told it is mentally ill people without mentioning their ethnicity we think muslims.

dogen

Post by dogen »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:

Well it's apparent that not all blacks in the US purchased slaves for personal reasons like freeing friends or family, but also did so for profit motives. Henry Louis Gates is hardly a racist whitesplainer:
http://www.theroot.com/articles/history ... hey_exist/

As far as who sold the slaves to the slavers in the first place, the history is clear to everybody but Gazi Kodzo and his lunatic friends, from the pit of all lies (wikipedia):
The vast majority of those who were enslaved and transported to the New World, mainly on the triangular trade route and its Middle Passage, were West Africans from the central and western parts of the continent who had been sold by other western Africans to western European slave traders, with a small minority being captured directly by the slave traders in coastal raids, and brought to the Americas.

I'd love to have Tony blacksplain to me why I am somehow responsible for the sins against black people even though my ancestors come from a part of Yurp that was entirely uninvolved in the Atlantic slave trade and the only places they and I have lived in North America were areas that had zero involvement in it.
Of course, if you have white skin, you automatically are powerful and privileged and guilty of victimizing black people. And if you have black skin and believe this, you cannot be a racist.
In these kind of debates, it's always fun to bring up the Anglo-Ashanti wars. From Wikipedia:
The Ashanti were not happy with the British attempts to abolish slavery, a highly profitable trade for the Ashanti.
Kofi Anan is Ashanti. Which means he is descended from slavers. The shitlord!

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

DaveDodo007 wrote:
Cnutella wrote:So about this stabbing in London... I am willing to accept that this attack could fall into the category of "delusional headcase runs amok with with a knife" and that it's unfortunate that the perpetrator is of Somali descent. Either way, it all goes into the hate mill where it gets made into the Sausage of Bigotry (ht Tony Parsehole I).

What I don't get is how is it that the murdered woman has been publicly named when her assailant has not? As they tased him at the scene of the crime, I assume they must have a pretty good idea wherher he was actually responsible for the attack.
Forget it, even if in this case it was true the MSM have been lying to us so long nobody but gullible morons are going to believe it. It is the whole: O, what a tangled web we weave when first we practise to deceive! In action, now if we are told it is mentally ill people without mentioning their ethnicity we think muslims.
The killer has been named. wtf are you talking about?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... rnage.html

Darth Cynic

Post by Darth Cynic »

comhcinc wrote:Know how I know that I am home on the pit?

I can make disparaging statements about Harry Potter and not be burned at the stake.
It came out a bit after I left Secondary - that's High School here if you didn't know - so I was not the intended audience and with words like 'muggles' or 'quidditch' in it I was fairly sure it wasn't for me. I have never read em nor have I watched any of the movies and the more I learn of it, well, it all seems a bit shit to me. I mean, 'expecto patronum'... fuck off.

Cracked, a few years back when it could be decent, had a good piece on some of the glaring issues with the Potter universe and story. My favourite suggestion - although this could be from another article - was that none of it existed at all, the entire Potter-verse was entirely in Harry's abused child mind, a magical place were he was important that he mentally fled to in order to escape the crushing misery of his reality.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:

More to the point?
now if we are told it is mentally ill people without mentioning their ethnicity we think muslims
When did Islam become an ethnicity?

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Pitchguest wrote:My mistake, meant to link to this and not the other one.

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/barr ... 2773939587
Ah, you see where you went wrong here. Whites weren't enslaved by black people from Africa - they were enslaved by PoCs from Africa. I'm not entirely sure what difference this makes, but it certainly seems a big deal to your quibbling adversaries in that, er, debate.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Darth Cynic wrote:
comhcinc wrote:Know how I know that I am home on the pit?

I can make disparaging statements about Harry Potter and not be burned at the stake.
It came out a bit after I left Secondary - that's High School here if you didn't know - so I was not the intended audience and with words like 'muggles' or 'quidditch' in it I was fairly sure it wasn't for me. I have never read em nor have I watched any of the movies and the more I learn of it, well, it all seems a bit shit to me. I mean, 'expecto patronum'... fuck off.

Cracked, a few years back when it could be decent, had a good piece on some of the glaring issues with the Potter universe and story. My favourite suggestion - although this could be from another article - was that none of it existed at all, the entire Potter-verse was entirely in Harry's abused child mind, a magical place were he was important that he mentally fled to in order to escape the crushing misery of his reality.
Yeah so we are in about the same age group. Like I said I read some of the books because of the wife. I was allowed to stop after one or two because she didn't like how I completely picked the plot apart.

I doubt I would have enjoyed the books if I was 12 because boy adventurer was never something that appeared to me but I can see why 12 year olds like it. If you are 35 and up (at this point) this really shouldn't be a thing.

I mean bronies are mocked pretty hard but not potterfucks? (That is what they are called right?)

I still maintain that muggle=nigger. If you are not willing to call someone a nigger you shouldn't be willing to call a person a muggle.

free thoughtpolice

Darth Cynic wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:[youtube]mFSCt7_8yP4[/youtube]
Hmmm... from what I had read - and I didn't look too deeply mind - Mrs Korryn was holding a gun when the police gained entry and the loving mother kept her five year old beside her throughout an armed standoff with the police. Odd how they never mentioned those less than edifying elements of the story, but then I guess they must have been using a small memory card for recording and they really needed to have that right-on chant in there.
From 40 seconds in it sounds like criminal incitement to violence. And they aren't even playing it's my religion and sacred belief card.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

DaveDodo007 wrote:

Perhaps I was responding to a quote of an older quote.

Anyway, the original said:
What I don't get is how is it that the murdered woman has been publicly named when her assailant has not?
Well, why the fuck do you think?

1) Because the victim was a middle class American, and the police would have made it a priority to let her family know. From there it is a short step to an (un)official press release.

2) Because the victim, as a tourist, probably had friends in the locale who knew what had happened. Shocked people will tell a vulture journalist anything.

3) Because the killer seems to have been mentally ill and acting alone. It happens quite a lot in big cities, whether you want to blame CNN for a coverup or whatever. Such a person is less likely to have friends and family rushing to the scene to provide information to journalists.
As they tased him at the scene of the crime, I assume they must have a pretty good idea wherher he was actually responsible for the attack.
So? For all we know a merry old British bobby might have stood and watched him slash and slash, then tazered him. Why does that lead automatically to them knowing his name? We don't all carry reliable ID at all times.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

DaveDodo007 wrote:

First the Daily Mail is one of the few parts of the MSM which isn't PC. As I was alluding to the MSM have been going out their way to not mention Islam or muslim in any atrocities that happen. They have been using mentally ill as an excuse for muslim violence etc. So the general public will not believe them even if this was a genuine case of mental illness. Not even taking into account how mental ill charities are trying to remove the notion/stigma that mentally ill people are violent. Well done the cucked MSM.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:We don't all carry reliable ID at all times.
Brother are you saying you have somehow lost your Obamachip Implant?

I will be happy to report you so that you can join the hivemind.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

If whites'd had the good sense only to enslave PoC Africans rather than the black ones, that would have made us totes even and we'd all be living in racial harmony right now.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

comhcinc wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:

More to the point?
now if we are told it is mentally ill people without mentioning their ethnicity we think muslims
When did Islam become an ethnicity?[/quote]

It is the whole Islam is a race narrative therefore you are racist if you call them out. I don't even like the term race as it is so ill-defined and I prefer ethnicity.

free thoughtpolice

If they heard Somali attacker, a good guess would be mental illness if you believe WHO's estimate of 1 in3 or more in higher conflict zones for Somalis compared to 1 in 10 for worldwide average that have a mental illness.
Big problem in Somalia and in the Somali diaspora.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

DaveDodo007 wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:

First the Daily Mail is one of the few parts of the MSM which isn't PC. As I was alluding to the MSM have been going out their way to not mention Islam or muslim in any atrocities that happen. They have been using mentally ill as an excuse for muslim violence etc. So the general public will not believe them even if this was a genuine case of mental illness. Not even taking into account how mental ill charities are trying to remove the notion/stigma that mentally ill people are violent. Well done the cucked MSM.
Haha, fuck off! It was you that mentioned the "MSM", that scary jiggaboo of the US nutters like Beck and Hannity. And now you want to start partitioning it into "proves my point" and "doesn't prove my point"?

Mail online is a monster, about as MSM as you can get. Fuck right off with that nonsense!

ConcentratedH2O, OM

comhcinc wrote:

I've already told the DNC that you cut yours out of your ballsack. That's why you've got those medical bills.

Darth Cynic

Post by Darth Cynic »

comhcinc wrote:I mean bronies are mocked pretty hard but not potterfucks? (That is what they are called right?)
Sounds about right to me.

Darth Cynic

Post by Darth Cynic »

free thoughtpolice wrote:From 40 seconds in it sounds like criminal incitement to violence. And they aren't even playing it's my religion and sacred belief card.
Do they have to being a protected class and all?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

comhcinc wrote:

I've already told the DNC that you cut yours out of your ballsack. That's why you've got those medical bills.

Pretty sure that was them stuffing it back in.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Moors is derived from a Greek word for black?
Everything comes from The Greek.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

So is anyone else looking forward to the Olympics?

I enjoy all the fight sports.

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

comhcinc wrote:So is anyone else looking forward to the Olympics?

Even wrestling!?!? :shock:

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

dog puke wrote:

Even wrestling!?!? :shock:
Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup. Spent last week watching the US finals. We should do well this year.

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

I'm doing my own little self-boycott of the Olympics this year. I've kind of had it with the corruption and destruction that goes along with these international sporting events.

Not to get on a soap box and say that everybody has to follow my lead. But I think the silence on these issue by SJW types is deafening.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Any recommendations for a good Southern Gothic novel? (I've already read Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil).

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

DaveDodo007 wrote:

Perhaps I was responding to a quote of an older quote.

Anyway, the original said:
What I don't get is how is it that the murdered woman has been publicly named when her assailant has not?
Well, why the fuck do you think?

1) Because the victim was a middle class American, and the police would have made it a priority to let her family know. From there it is a short step to an (un)official press release.

2) Because the victim, as a tourist, probably had friends in the locale who knew what had happened. Shocked people will tell a vulture journalist anything.

3) Because the killer seems to have been mentally ill and acting alone. It happens quite a lot in big cities, whether you want to blame CNN for a coverup or whatever. Such a person is less likely to have friends and family rushing to the scene to provide information to journalists.
As they tased him at the scene of the crime, I assume they must have a pretty good idea wherher he was actually responsible for the attack.
So? For all we know a merry old British bobby might have stood and watched him slash and slash, then tazered him. Why does that lead automatically to them knowing his name? We don't all carry reliable ID at all times.
Some reasonable points there, although I am pretty sure the police knew who the dude was 10 hours or so ago, because they had already made it clear that they didn't believe there was a link to a terrorist group. I'm of the opinion that they wouldn't risk making a statement on something this sensitive if the guy was a Joe Doe. And when I wrote the OP, neither the Guardian, the Telegraph, or Google News had shared the attacker's name.

His victim's name was widely reported on. I agree that her immediate family had probably been informed at that point, but her death likely came as a shock to colleagues and friends who may have learned about it because they read a news story. Don't you think that's a bit fucked? I do.

And no, I'm not suggesting that it's a massive conspiracy. I suspect that they wanted to get as much of the investigation done as possible before sharing details because once his name was out there, hordes of reporters and internet detectives would begin looking for friends, family and any trace of an online presence, and you know how messy that can get and b) a delay might mitigate some of the knee jerk reactions that an attack like this could provoke,

It's a criminal case. Obviously the UK authorities are obliged to release the dude's name and other info, so I wasn't suggesting that this was a grand cover-up. I wasn't joking when I said:
I am willing to accept that this attack could fall into the category of "delusional headcase runs amok with with a knife" and that it's unfortunate that the perpetrator is of Somali descent. Either way, it all goes into the hate mill where it gets made into the Sausage of Bigotry (ht Tony Parsehole I).

My point was that it looks bad, particularly when they murdered woman's name is front-page news. It's a communications failure by the police. They need to be playing a much smarter game because in case you haven't noticed, the political future of Europe and the United States is going to be decided by the public's perception of the threat of terrorism and concomitant responses by today's governments rwther than on the actual risk itself. That's always been true, it's just the shocks are coming faster and the stakes are higher than they have been since the 1930s.

So wind your neck in, Double Aitch Oh. Dave Dodo got what I was driving at - just be thankful the dude's first name wasn't Mohammed.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Tigzy wrote:If whites'd had the good sense only to enslave PoC Africans rather than the black ones, that would have made us totes even and we'd all be living in racial harmony right now.
You know, the scary part is that somewhere out there someone reads this and thinks it makes complete sense.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Lsuoma wrote:Any recommendations for a good Southern Gothic novel? (I've already read Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil).

A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole.

Or if you have read that then Flannery O’Connor's Wise Blood.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

And yes, there was a somewhat comparable background radiation of terrorism in the 1970s, it's just that most of the brown-skinned terrorism stayed in brown-skinned countries (or targeted Israel, which remains a baffling enigma to the general public outside the Mid-East because it's sort of foreign) and white-skinned terrorists mostly held up their end of the bargain in Europe and the US. Those were different times; no one had collapsed any American skyscrapers, the Russians were the existential threat, and you could still smoke on planes.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Brive1987 wrote:Things are moving slowly on the Amy front.

It's interesting that there's hardly been any acknowledgement of the Carrier suit. If I didn't know any better, I'd think they were all obidiently adhering to advice from their counsels.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Karmakin wrote:

I'm doing my own little self-boycott of the Olympics this year. I've kind of had it with the corruption and destruction that goes along with these international sporting events.

Not to get on a soap box and say that everybody has to follow my lead. But I think the silence on these issue by SJW types is deafening.

While I won't be joining in your communistic expression pure un Americanism, I do agree with your point.

I think they hosing these poor ass countries and just keep them somewhere that isn't going to go bankrupt hosting them.

Of course that just means I am a first world shit lord.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

comhcinc wrote: While I won't be joining in your communistic expression pure un Americanism, I do agree with your point.

I think they hosing these poor ass countries and just keep them somewhere that isn't going to go bankrupt hosting them.

Of course that just means I am a first world shit lord.
To be fair, Nrazil was on the up-and-up economically when they bid for the games, so I suspect it was a decision made when the country was seen as a plucky contender. It will likely resume its climb with better management, despite the Olympic games. I agree with you if you're talking about Souh Africa - the games were an expense that country should not have afforded.