Old subthreads
DrokkIt

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by DrokkIt »

Karmakin wrote:
http://slatestarcodex.com/2014/09/30/i- ... -outgroup/

Here's your link. It's worth a read.

Just read this, really good, thanks.

It's premise is entirely correct in that this group of people are condemning behaviour that "they couldn't possibly do" and forgiving other wrongs because they simply don't care about those wrongs.
It's also worth pointing out that this kind of stuff comes from people I know who are very middle-class, and not cunry bumpkins like me. That group dynamic is weird to begin with.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Some of the Pit yanks might be clued up on this more than me, but there is this Jezebel journalist called Anna Merlan, who has written an article poo-pooing a story from June, where a 5yo child was sexually abused by a "group of refugees" in Twin Falls, Idaho. A lot of Twitter, and a Breitbart journalist, are convinced the story is true. She is saying hoax. One of her previous headlines was "Is the UVA Rape Story a Gigantic Hoax?' Asks Idiot".

Obviously, if it turns out the story is even partly true, poor Anna can safely be labelled a rape apologist. The ultimate karma for a SJW.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

I'm not usually a fan of Chunk Wogger, but I'm happy to see he is taking a stand against illegal immigrants.
Send her back! But check to see if she is a Russian spy first.
[youtube]cdcpRgDMqfg[/youtube]

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Malky wrote: I don't think any sport that has to be decided by judges awarding marks should be in an Olympics. The result ends to too much influenced by reputation and who is in or out rather than any actual performance. I can remember seeing quite a few performances which judging by the crowd reaction and my own view were the best on the day only to be beaten by the "in" name(s). If it can't be measured it shouldn't be in as too open to bias.
First your quoting sucks.

Second I kinda agree with you. I don't call activities that don't have a defined way to win as a sport.

So for example boxing is a sport. While a fight often goes to the judges for a decision you can win a fight via knock out. Ice skating is not a sport because you can only win via judge decisions.

That said I don't think we should not have those activities in the Olympics. I think there should just be a better transparent guide lines for judging.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

For youtube atheist oldfags:
some sad news; Goxter (who did a wonderful version of 'The little Prince') for another youtuber (Dgeysun)'s daughter who was dying of cancer, has died. Apparently by drowning. He hasn't been active for the last 3 years or so but his kindness at that time touched me greatly.
Better news (in fact excellent news imo) Theramin Trees has a new LONG video. Always worth watching.
[youtube]RlbUw5hjeKI[/youtube] An examination of religious indoctrination of children.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

CommanderTuvok wrote:Some of the Pit yanks might be clued up on this more than me, but there is this Jezebel journalist called Anna Merlan, who has written an article poo-pooing a story from June, where a 5yo child was sexually abused by a "group of refugees" in Twin Falls, Idaho. A lot of Twitter, and a Breitbart journalist, are convinced the story is true. She is saying hoax. One of her previous headlines was "Is the UVA Rape Story a Gigantic Hoax?' Asks Idiot".

Obviously, if it turns out the story is even partly true, poor Anna can safely be labelled a rape apologist. The ultimate karma for a SJW.
Link Commander pls?

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

Tribble wrote:
Karmakin wrote:
comhcinc wrote:So is anyone else looking forward to the Olympics?

I enjoy all the fight sports.
I'm doing my own little self-boycott of the Olympics this year. I've kind of had it with the corruption and destruction that goes along with these international sporting events.

Not to get on a soap box and say that everybody has to follow my lead. But I think the silence on these issue by SJW types is deafening.
I gave up after the Korean Summer Olympics. When they robbed that boxer of his gold medal to give it the shitty Korean (who shouldn't have even been there to begin with) I decided the corruption of the judges, along with the rest of it, was just too much.
Roy Jones, Jr. I believe the Korean offered the medal to him & was rather embarrassed.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Oglebart wrote:It seems that BLM protests are happening in the UK now too....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-no ... e-36983852

Apologies if :nin:
What a bunch of fucking tools, the police in the UK don't (mostly) carry guns. No black people have been killed by police this year, just ebil white dudes. They have to go back five years to a black guy who had a heart attack whilst in custody, I'm sure some police brutality exist but even the police can't magic up a heart attack. What the fuck were the police suppose to be doing, opening up the cell door and shouting 'BOO' every ten minutes. The last thing we need in the UK is for the police to be worried about being called racist. Cough, Rotherham, Oxford etc, cough.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Really? wrote:
Tribble wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:My wife is late meeting me for a movie. It has started. I am vaguely interested how this will be my fault. Ab fab so no loss
Two easy ones:

1. You should have called her to remind her.
2. You should have picked her up so she wouldn't be late.
That's good advice. Consider issuing ultimatums. For example, tell her the next time she is late, you will withhold sex for a week. She may need to be grounded until she understands how you worry when she is not where she says she will be.
Just use the rule of thumb, if any SJW/feminist complains say you are a muslim then you will be totes OK.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

jimthepleb wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:Some of the Pit yanks might be clued up on this more than me, but there is this Jezebel journalist called Anna Merlan, who has written an article poo-pooing a story from June, where a 5yo child was sexually abused by a "group of refugees" in Twin Falls, Idaho. A lot of Twitter, and a Breitbart journalist, are convinced the story is true. She is saying hoax. One of her previous headlines was "Is the UVA Rape Story a Gigantic Hoax?' Asks Idiot".

Link Commander pls?
This is Breibart, speaking to the father of the victim.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... ugee-rape/

Remember, listen and believe....

Anna Merlan of Jezebel wrote this several months ago...

http://jezebel.com/right-wing-news-site ... 1782418166

Now, we at the Pit can be skeptical of this story, but SJWs can't. Right? SJWs have to listen and believe.....

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
deLurch wrote:The Ann Amy Frank fund has really petered out. A single 10-spot in the last 24 hours. 27 contributions in total. $785 total.

It's like they just don't care as much anymore. Or that she is a non-ingroup nobody who can't dish out speaking gigs or any other monetary favors.
Dicky Carrier they'll happily throw under the bus. But Amy Adams is the girl who kicked the hornet's nest of the Atheist activism polyamory ring. SSA, SCA, CQ, Skepticon form one, big recruitment network for fresh young meat. Amy was in the initial stages of being groomed when Dicky jumped the gun on her.

Help Amy go after Dicky, and Dicky will spill the beans on all of them faster than Rainman telling the croupier he's counting cards.
So the very people screaming for harassment policies were the ones doing the harassing all along? Or were they just eliminating competition?

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
deLurch wrote:The Ann Amy Frank fund has really petered out. A single 10-spot in the last 24 hours. 27 contributions in total. $785 total.

It's like they just don't care as much anymore. Or that she is a non-ingroup nobody who can't dish out speaking gigs or any other monetary favors.
Dicky Carrier they'll happily throw under the bus. But Amy Adams is the girl who kicked the hornet's nest of the Atheist activism polyamory ring. SSA, SCA, CQ, Skepticon form one, big recruitment network for fresh young meat. Amy was in the initial stages of being groomed when Dicky jumped the gun on her.

Help Amy go after Dicky, and Dicky will spill the beans on all of them faster than Rainman telling the croupier he's counting cards.
So the very people screaming for harassment policies were the ones doing the harassing all along? Or were they just eliminating competition?
We have always known it is projection, if they project their evil thoughts and behaviour on us it somehow exonerates them for their evil thoughts and behaviour by, I don't know probably magic.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

CommanderTuvok wrote:

Now, we at the Pit can be skeptical of this story, but SJWs can't. Right? SJWs have to listen and believe.....
My God. If that's even half true I don't know how he contained himself. I'd have gone back in the house for a weapon started executing people until someone could manage to bring me down.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

HunnyBunny wrote:
gurugeorge wrote:
DrokkIt wrote:So this is what's been doing the rounds and I've been not commenting on today:
Christ, that's a fucking horrific document.
Yes it is. The leading in the title is fucking atrocious.
The lack of sentence-case capitalization and italicized lists? It's the typographical equivalent of the Bill Grundy interview.

windy

Post by windy »

Evolutionary psychology in action to watch for at the olympics:

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-36969103
Men's historical dominance of the workplace may, in part, be because of their ability to reconcile with enemies after conflict, a new study suggests.

Researchers examined the aftermath of same-sex sporting events and found that men spent longer talking, touching or embracing their opponents than women.
Studies showed that male and female chimps acted differently in the aftermath of fights, with males much more inclined to engage in reconciliation behaviours.

Psychologists wondered if the same habits were true for humans - and decided to analyse high-level, same sex sporting competitions for these reconciliation traits.

The team looked at recordings of tennis, table tennis, badminton and boxing involving men and women from 44 countries.

They focused on what happened in the aftermath of these events in terms of physical contacts, such as handshakes and embraces, between opponents.

In society generally, data indicates that physical contact between women is equal to or more frequent than it is among males.

But across the four sports observed, men spent significantly more time touching than females, in what the authors term "post-conflict affiliation".
"That men are more likely to reconcile after a conflict supports other studies showing that male-male relationships are generally different than female-female relationships," said Prof Robert Deaner from Grand Valley State University, who wasn't involved in the work.

"A woman's relationship with another woman is often gravely damaged if one woman achieves greater status than the other or somehow outdoes her.

"Men, by contrast, seem to better tolerate these kinds of ups and downs, which may be why men seem better than women at maintaining large same-sex social networks."

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

They are all just dudebros who are secretly gay.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

jet_lagg wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:

My God. If that's even half true I don't know how he contained himself. I'd have gone back in the house for a weapon started executing people until someone could manage to bring me down.
It is about two thirds true.
The youngest boy is from Iraq while the older ones, brothers, are from an Eritrean family that passed through Sudanese refugee camps. (Most news reports have identified the older boys as Sudanese.) Only the youngest boy, Loebs said, is alleged to have touched the girl, though investigators suspect the 10-year-old might have as well; the elder boys reportedly made a video.
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ ... trump.html

That just about sums it up, and thats from Slate.
It seems the left-wing media focused on debunking the myth that three Syrian refugees gang raped a child at knifepoint, this apparently makes it a "fake story" ...while neglecting to mention that three muslims refugees videod themselves sexually assaulting a five year old.
Charges have been brought, so-much for fake.

Darth Cynic

Post by Darth Cynic »

comhcinc wrote:We have already let them have their own events.

http://67.media.tumblr.com/b4b627b1e4ee ... 1_1280.jpg
They even have their own theme.

[youtube]ma6y0BGjbiQ[/youtube]

Darth Cynic

Post by Darth Cynic »

Tribble wrote:SHOT at officers earlier in the confrontation. And when she ran, she turned to shoot again.
What I read suggested that she pointed the gun forcing the police to retreat into the hall but she did not fire initially, and the runner was her partner(?) who bailed out of a window with another child and was picked up shortly thereafter; there was a warrant for him as well. However, that was old information which may have changed some by now.

Also, is that annoying voiced twat in the video just some random clown or are they supposed to be somebody?

Darth Cynic

Post by Darth Cynic »

DaveDodo007 wrote:
Oglebart wrote:It seems that BLM protests are happening in the UK now too....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-no ... e-36983852

Apologies if :nin:
What a bunch of fucking tools, the police in the UK don't (mostly) carry guns. No black people have been killed by police this year, just ebil white dudes. They have to go back five years to a black guy who had a heart attack whilst in custody, I'm sure some police brutality exist but even the police can't magic up a heart attack. What the fuck were the police suppose to be doing, opening up the cell door and shouting 'BOO' every ten minutes. The last thing we need in the UK is for the police to be worried about being called racist. Cough, Rotherham, Oxford etc, cough.
Actually I believe they mean this Mark Duggan lad who was actually shot, although the subsequent investigation did clear the armed police from any wrongdoing.

Still, it does require going back five years and is hardly the latest outrage of a trigger happy Met hunting down black people to shoot merely because they are black. As you say, 'what a bunch of fucking tools.' Mind you they leave me wondering if they're just right-on virtue signalers looking for something righteous and with SJ cachet to posture over, or nasty fucks trying to stoke tensions in the UK much like BLM seem to be doing in the US. The sparse numbers and heavy white knight presence suggests the former but you never know.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Darth Cynic wrote:
Tribble wrote:SHOT at officers earlier in the confrontation. And when she ran, she turned to shoot again.
What I read suggested that she pointed the gun forcing the police to retreat into the hall but she did not fire initially, and the runner was her partner(?) who bailed out of a window with another child and was picked up shortly thereafter; there was a warrant for him as well. However, that was old information which may have changed some by now.

Also, is that annoying voiced twat in the video just some random clown or are they supposed to be somebody?
I can't help but point out that you are describing the shadiest possible behavior that really makes it difficult for normal people to defend yet another Black Lives Matter poster victim.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Shoe0nHead may not realize how much she brightens discarded-men's days. The best thing about this video is that it ends with a concrete way to help. Men who, in a fair world, would be the recipients of compassion & aid-- can at-least Give those things. Which can feel like Getting help. Can feel like & wrong matter, & and there are still ways to contribute & have a positive effect.

[youtube]dBbjx1T4jVg[/youtube]

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

#RightAndWrongMatters

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

I'm fairly sure that Nathan will be changing his unmoderated comments policy tomorrow.

The mysterious "Abear" is going to town on Nate's List in the comments section. Werner Herzog should do a voiceover.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160806035 ... ot-allies/

Darth Cynic

Post by Darth Cynic »

Really? wrote:I can't help but point out that you are describing the shadiest possible behavior that really makes it difficult for normal people to defend yet another Black Lives Matter poster victim.
That's kinda my problem with em.

But... but they had a fuckin gun / resisted arrest / engaged in some behaviour the police take a dim view on. What was the expected outcome? The police - which can be out of line - didn't just rock up, in any case I'm aware of, see some black person walking by on the other side 'o' the street and on foot of that gunned em down. Yet here we have some clown who had a gun, pointed it at police serving warrants, made threats and opened fire, however, she's the victim!?

In fairness I am not hearing of BLM making a big deal out of this one yet. So maybe even they have some semblance of what is and what is not a good case.

Darth Cynic

Post by Darth Cynic »

Service Dog wrote:Shoe0nHead may not realize how much she brightens discarded-men's days. The best thing about this video is that it ends with a concrete way to help. Men who, in a fair world, would be the recipients of compassion & aid-- can at-least Give those things. Which can feel like Getting help. Can feel like & wrong matter, & and there are still ways to contribute & have a positive effect.

[youtube]dBbjx1T4jVg[/youtube]
And he lost his dog... cheers, I really got to go to bed I can hear the damn birds warbling outside.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I've been listening to podcast fiction, on Stitcher:

The Table Round, full cast King Arthur audiodrama.

And the 1981 NPR/BBC audiodrama version of Star Wars, with Mark Hamilll voicing Luke.

And a serialized novel called Odd Jobs by Karl Meade. It's Canadian & dated, 1980s-y, wannabe Elmore Leonard or Tom Robbins. The background music & era remind me of John Greg. Who I didnt know well-enough to say that with authority, but it fills the unknown parts of his bio well-enough for me to believe he crossed paths with the novel's world. It's more interesting, than good-- to hear how the author constructed the book around flashbacks... and hear how that technique can be dissonant against being read-aloud. It's on Stitcher, itunes, & elsewhere.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Barbie's Boyfriend wrote:
As Sticky Dick Carrier would say, you cum-pletely missed the point
Carrier would indeed end on that note, bluffing an empty hand. So Im disinclined to dwell on your intended point. I often post the same way-- not as Carrier, but as you claim: a bunch of details which, to me, make such a compelling case, that I cant imagine having to condense my premise into a summary. While failing to connect the dots in others' heads.

Hmm... maybe you intended the stories to show you're thumbing your nose at sjw's prudishness?

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Schierbeker has delved into Dodgy Dick's defamation proceedings
In June Carrier told The Fix that he had not decided whether to sue Frank. In an email Tuesday, Carrier said he now plans to decide whether to sue Frank after the completion of his other lawsuits, though he didn’t give details on them or specify which have already been filed and which are potential lawsuits.
On Monday Frank told The Fix in a Facebook message that the comments attributed to her on the GoFundMe page had come from her original complaint to the Secular Student Alliance last April.

“Dr. Carrier made me feel very uncomfortable,” Frank’s complaint to the alliance says. “He is very obsessed with his sex life and has no problem sharing it with students, and trying to involve them in it.
http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/28383/

Really?

Post by Really? »

HunnyBunny wrote:Schierbeker has delved into Dodgy Dick's defamation proceedings
In June Carrier told The Fix that he had not decided whether to sue Frank. In an email Tuesday, Carrier said he now plans to decide whether to sue Frank after the completion of his other lawsuits, though he didn’t give details on them or specify which have already been filed and which are potential lawsuits.
On Monday Frank told The Fix in a Facebook message that the comments attributed to her on the GoFundMe page had come from her original complaint to the Secular Student Alliance last April.

“Dr. Carrier made me feel very uncomfortable,” Frank’s complaint to the alliance says. “He is very obsessed with his sex life and has no problem sharing it with students, and trying to involve them in it.
http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/28383/
Thanks for the link. This is my favorite part so far.
Before the allegations, he was perhaps best known for arguing against the existence of an historical Jesus Christ.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Duck had been busy while his calendar is so unexpectedly empty, over at his blog he's written another novel in why he is right about something.

Uncharacteristically, Carrier starts by asserting that his opponent hasn't read his 'peer reviewed book'. And modestly concludes thus:
Not taking peer reviewed publications on the subject seriously, not even reading them before formally debating them at a university, condemns not only the reliability of Evans’ judgment as a scholar, but the whole of the consensus on this subject in biblical studies.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

"Duck" .... I'm ok with this autocorrect error. I think we can let it stand, no need for the edit button here.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Carrier is such a fucking psycho loser. Here is his last paragraph. Bear in mind that he is referring to his own boring, worthless work and is projecting his jealousy. These people have jobs and this loser is sending cease and desists from his girlfriend's husband's basement.
It’s as if the experts forming this ever-cited consensus can’t even be bothered to actually get up to speed on the facts and scholarship before taking a position on it. Rather, they just have to defend the bulwarks against an interloper whose new theory will get them in trouble, losing them their jobs, their prestige, their audience, or their faith. And they’ll do this, apparently, without having to be familiar with any of the pertinent peer reviewed literature, even the literature they insist on rebutting.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

More gems from the latest Carrier tome
so far as I know, no one with a Ph.D. in the field who has orally debated or published in print any defense of historicity has bothered to read my book
Because if they had they would immediately abandon their decades of research and say I'm right.

I love Dickie and I hope he continues to be such a narcissistic twat for many more years.

http://archive.is/HUBAm

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Official count is in: peer reviewed is mentioned 10 times in Dick's post. Every one of these mentions can be condensed into this statement:
My book ends all rational debate so why won't you read it?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

HunnyBunny wrote:Official count is in: peer reviewed is mentioned 10 times in Dick's post. Every one of these mentions can be condensed into this statement:
My book ends all rational debate so why won't you read it?
Has there been any expert who has read his book and agreed with him?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Sheirbecker

My favorite part:
He said Dadabhoy, who prefers gender-neutral pronouns, had rejected a “polite” relationship request from him.
I like how a just-the-facts reporting of her gender affectation-- immediately damages her credibility.

The following sentence quotes Carrier catering to Hyena's Preferred Pronouns, which tells the reader much about him, as well.

Really?

Post by Really? »

PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!! WHY WON'T YOU PAY ATTENTION TO ME?
In any other field, when a peer reviewed study is published challenging an existing consensus, experts in that field read that study and interact with it to ascertain whether it does indeed warrant shifting the consensus position. This is how all progress in any science is made, even in history. A field that ignores peer reviewed challenges to the consensus, and just rejects them without having even read them (much less without finding and publishing any relevant flaw in them) is no longer a legitimate academic field.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

How is Heina gender neutral? How do people decide that?

What does that mean when you just dress and act like your gender and... I mean I can get that PR nonce because he clearly can't do shit about his physical situation.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Feminist researchers discover 'yes means yes' polcies & laws dont realistically correspond to actual sex.

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/28345/

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

rayshul wrote:How is Heina gender neutral? How do people decide that?
Heina prefers the pronoun 'they', because she identifies as multiple accusers.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Service Dog wrote:Sheirbecker

My favorite part:
He said Dadabhoy, who prefers gender-neutral pronouns, had rejected a “polite” relationship request from him.
I like how a just-the-facts reporting of her gender affectation-- immediately damages her credibility.

The following sentence quotes Carrier catering to Hyena's Preferred Pronouns, which tells the reader much about him, as well.
Does this mean that Carrier has overcome his trans-bigotry?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Really? wrote:Carrier is such a fucking psycho loser. Here is his last paragraph. Bear in mind that he is referring to his own boring, worthless work and is projecting his jealousy. These people have jobs and this loser is sending cease and desists from his girlfriend's husband's basement.
It’s as if the experts forming this ever-cited consensus can’t even be bothered to actually get up to speed on the facts and scholarship before taking a position on it. Rather, they just have to defend the bulwarks against an interloper whose new theory will get them in trouble, losing them their jobs, their prestige, their audience, or their faith. And they’ll do this, apparently, without having to be familiar with any of the pertinent peer reviewed literature, even the literature they insist on rebutting.
Carrier is a crank. He's using the exact same tactics of Deepak Chopra or of Michael Behe. "They wouldn't even read my book! It's peer-reviewed! They only do it because they have too much to lose!"

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Really? wrote:PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!! WHY WON'T YOU PAY ATTENTION TO ME?
In any other field, when a peer reviewed study is published challenging an existing consensus, experts in that field read that study and interact with it to ascertain whether it does indeed warrant shifting the consensus position. This is how all progress in any science is made, even in history. A field that ignores peer reviewed challenges to the consensus, and just rejects them without having even read them (much less without finding and publishing any relevant flaw in them) is no longer a legitimate academic field.
Ha, ha, this is priceless! Only one thing worst than being talked about eh Dickie? :D

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

*worse

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

I don't know if this has been discussed here yet, but remember that guy who was yelling insults at the gunman who was shooting people near the Olympic stadium in Munich? And the gunman replied that he was a German? It appears now that German authorities are considering charges against the insult hurler, which might include, "insults to the detriment of the Dead.”

Europeans, got to love 'em.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-who-chal ... html?nhp=1

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

mordacious1 wrote:I don't know if this has been discussed here yet, but remember that guy who was yelling insults at the gunman who was shooting people near the Olympic stadium in Munich? And the gunman replied that he was a German? It appears now that German authorities are considering charges against the insult hurler, which might include, "insults to the detriment of the Dead.”

As far as I can tell, someone unknown (so far) filed criminal charges, so the authorities had to investigate. The "insults to the detriment of the dead" is what is left of it, so the case is pretty much as dead as the killer.

But that makes a lousy headline, even for yaboohoo.

http://www.tz.de/muenchen/stadt/amoklau ... 35817.html

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

That is world class retarded

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Eskarina wrote:
mordacious1 wrote:I don't know if this has been discussed here yet, but remember that guy who was yelling insults at the gunman who was shooting people near the Olympic stadium in Munich? And the gunman replied that he was a German? It appears now that German authorities are considering charges against the insult hurler, which might include, "insults to the detriment of the Dead.”

As far as I can tell, someone unknown (so far) filed criminal charges, so the authorities had to investigate. The "insults to the detriment of the dead" is what is left of it, so the case is pretty much as dead as the killer.

Yeah, but if "insults to the detriment of the dead" really is a crime, that is world-class retarded. What is up with that?

feathers

Post by feathers »

Really? wrote:That's good advice. Consider issuing ultimatums. For example, tell her the next time she is late, you will withhold sex for a week.
Now that might backfire rather easily...
She may need to be grounded until she understands how you worry when she is not where she says she will be.
That's better, but only after the spanking.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Everyone can relax, I sorted my iPad. It seems web browsing is designed to break after you tell the auto update to ""fuck off" for two months straight.

So I capitulated, updated and bingo.

Btw the blame was apportioned on the basis that she had to do 2 men's worth of domestic chores and it was a miracle she got out of the house at all.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Brive1987 wrote:Everyone can relax, I sorted my iPad. It seems web browsing is designed to break after you tell the auto update to ""fuck off" for two months straight.

So I capitulated, updated and bingo.

Btw the blame was apportioned on the basis that she had to do 2 men's worth of domestic chores and it was a miracle she got out of the house at all.
If a tech company actually had "Fuck Off" instead of "Not Now" I would be a devotee for life.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Or worse: "Remind me later".

I don't want to be reminded later; I want you to fuck off.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Brive1987 wrote:
Btw the blame was apportioned on the basis that she had to do 2 men
Shameless quotemine...

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

windy wrote:Evolutionary psychology in action to watch for at the olympics:

Men's historical dominance of the workplace may, in part, be because of their ability to reconcile with enemies after conflict, a new study suggests.

Researchers examined the aftermath of same-sex sporting events and found that men spent longer talking, touching or embracing their opponents than women.
Studies showed that male and female chimps acted differently in the aftermath of fights, with males much more inclined to engage in reconciliation behaviours.

Psychologists wondered if the same habits were true for humans - and decided to analyse high-level, same sex sporting competitions for these reconciliation traits.

The team looked at recordings of tennis, table tennis, badminton and boxing involving men and women from 44 countries.

They focused on what happened in the aftermath of these events in terms of physical contacts, such as handshakes and embraces, between opponents.

In society generally, data indicates that physical contact between women is equal to or more frequent than it is among males.

But across the four sports observed, men spent significantly more time touching than females, in what the authors term "post-conflict affiliation".
"That men are more likely to reconcile after a conflict supports other studies showing that male-male relationships are generally different than female-female relationships," said Prof Robert Deaner from Grand Valley State University, who wasn't involved in the work.

"A woman's relationship with another woman is often gravely damaged if one woman achieves greater status than the other or somehow outdoes her.

"Men, by contrast, seem to better tolerate these kinds of ups and downs, which may be why men seem better than women at maintaining large same-sex social networks."
I've noticed that and talked about it with my wife and daughters. Growing up we often had fights and, within hours, were BFFs again having a great old time. While girls would rarely fight, but if they did, they'd grudge-out and bitch-fest each other.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Darth Cynic wrote:

It was a five-or-six hour standoff. She didn't shoot initially. She shot later. Then there was more stand-off before she ran and more shots were fired.
Officers retreated to the hallway and called for backup, according to police. Tactical teams surrounded the home and negotiations with Gaines got underway about 9:40 a.m.

At some point, Gaines’ boyfriend, 39-year-old Kareem Courtney, ran out of the home with a 1-year-old child and was taken into custody without incident on a warrant for second-degree assault, police said.

Gaines remained inside, broadcasting her standoff with police on social media. Police, who deactivated her accounts by contacting Facebook, have said her social media followers were discouraging Gaines from surrendering peacefully.
But she was a piece of work:
Following the shooting, police released charging documents from the traffic stop that led officers to serve the warrant on Gaines. On March 10, she was pulled over for having cardboard on her car where her license plates were supposed to go.

“Any government official who compromises this pursuit to happiness and right to travel will be held criminally responsible and fined as this is a natural right and freedom,” the rear piece of cardboard said, while the one in front read, “Free traveler.”

Police alleged Gaines, who had two children in her car, was uncooperative during the stop and at one point told an officer he had no right to pull her over and would have to “murder her” to get her out of the vehicle.

When Gaines refused to exit, she was placed under arrest during a brief struggle in which she allegedly told her son to “fight and bite the officer” who was holding him.

For that incident, Gaines was charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. She later missed a court hearing for those charges and a judge issued a warrant for her arrest.
I get the impression that this outcome was pretty much inevitable. Sooner or later she, or a cop, or both were going to be dead because she had a head full of anger and stupidity.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Darth Cynic wrote: Still, it does require going back five years and is hardly the latest outrage of a trigger happy Met hunting down black people to shoot merely because they are black.
For the benefit of people not by the UK, Duggan was a target criminal who was killed by Trident.
Operation Trident, or simply Trident, is a Metropolitan Police Service unit originally set up in 1998 to tackle gun crime and homicide in London's black communities following a series of shootings in the London boroughs of Lambeth and Brent. By 2008 the unit was responsible for investigating all non-fatal shootings for the Metropolitan Police and in February 2012 the unit's remit was again expanded; the new Trident Gang Crime Command was launched incorporating responsibility for tackling wider gang crime.
Trident now mainly goes after gang crime in London, but was originally set up to tackle gun crime in black communities after a series of murders and drive-by shootings during the 1990s. They also had problems in Manchester.

Duggan grew up on the infamous Broadwater Farm in Tottenham, but his family were from Manchester and he was the nephew of crime boss Des Noolan.

It seems the black community never forgets and they are still harping on about racial tensions that date back to the 1970s. Americans will recognize the patterns, you get a disproportionate amount of crime, a hugely disproportionate amount of violent crime, the police try to crack down, largely because it's black people getting killed. Because they are arresting drug addicts who are violently resisting arrest, there are some "deaths in custody", and because they are targeting armed gang members, people get shot and killed. This is followed by riots where they smash up their own communities blaming racism.

The difference is, there was no institutional creation of these ghettos. For the most part there was a white exodus when the crime rates started going up, in some cases whites were forced out with intimidation. It should also be noted that blacks were invited to the UK in 1958 due to a labour shortage, but by the mid 1970s there was mass-unemployment which obviously wasn't just a black problem. Whole communities across the UK were devastated by the closure of factories and coal mines, and although this obviously led to a rise in crime, in most cases it didn't lead to gang warfare and drive-by shootings.

Incidentally, my family are from the area and I have some inside knowledge. Crime and organized crime is not rare. It used to be called "the criminal underworld" because it was beneath the surface. There is a large Jewish community in the area and there is a Jewish mafia. Further East there is an Irish mafia who used to be closely connected with the PIRA. From what I am told the Chinese mafia are incredibly organized and micro-manage much of the community. There also Turks, Iranians, and more recently Eastern Europeans who have a reputation for brutality.
But there is a difference, it is hard to get involved with these gangs, they are secretive and discreet. But with black gangs they recruit children. Girls are gang raped to indoctrinate them and later forced into prostitution. Young boys are tasked with holding drugs, knifes and guns. They are 'jumped in' and have to commit violent crimes as part of their indoctrination.

It's ironic that Ross Kemp goes off to America to make documentaries about this kind of thing when he didn't actually have to leave London.
People are aware of Trident, they are not aware of the work which is done to rehabilitate former gang members, but it seems to me that this is a band-aid. The culture needs to be tackled.

About 10 years ago there was uproar when it was said that gang-rape was a black crime, even though this message originally came from the black community. Likewise, Operation Trident was set up in conjunction with the black community who demanded action because their kids were getting shot. It starts off with "The police aren't doing enough" but somehow the story always gets twisted around to institutional racism.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Tribble wrote:
windy wrote:Evolutionary psychology in action to watch for at the olympics:

I've noticed that and talked about it with my wife and daughters. Growing up we often had fights and, within hours, were BFFs again having a great old time. While girls would rarely fight, but if they did, they'd grudge-out and bitch-fest each other.
It's interesting. I hate working with other women. Something I have noticed is that in the workplace, men are persuasive OR bullying... they might try to persuade you, or they run over you like a bulldozer (which is what I mean by bullying) and then it's over and comes the praise and rewards. By contrast women are manipulative or they nag, and one thing they love to do is get other people to do their dirty work for them -- they get a subordinate to nag you or go running to your superiors. In fact my husband has just been a victim of some office politics which I suspect is as a product of some rivalry between two women, the result is that nobody is quite sure who is next to get shit on or why and nobody really knows where they stand. I think this is because one woman manager is trying to sabotage the team of a woman supervisor.

I soon learned that you can walk into your boss's office and say, "Did you make that phonecall yet? No? Do it now asshole" and he'll respect you for it. You can punch up or down as long as it's for the firm. I will say though that women are far more likely to see something that needs doing and just get on and do it even though it isn't their job. But when it comes to asking somebody to do it, I know there is less likelihood of fallout if I bully a man into doing it than negotiating with a woman.

Anywhoo, when managing people I have always found that making people compete in teams works better than anything else. Men treat this as sport and they play fair. The only time this has ever gone wrong for me was when I had a woman allocating the work and she cheated to make sure her boyfriend's team got all the plumb jobs.

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Eskarina wrote:As far as I can tell, someone unknown (so far) filed criminal charges, so the authorities had to investigate. The "insults to the detriment of the dead" is what is left of it, so the case is pretty much as dead as the killer.

Yeah, but if "insults to the detriment of the dead" really is a crime, that is world-class retarded. What is up with that?
Simply said, yes, "disparagement to the remembrance of the dead" is a crime, but only under very narrow circumstances.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

HunnyBunny wrote:More gems from the latest Carrier tome
so far as I know, no one with a Ph.D. in the field who has orally debated or published in print any defense of historicity has bothered to read my book
Because if they had they would immediately abandon their decades of research and say I'm right.
I love Dickie and I hope he continues to be such a narcissistic twat for many more years.
http://archive.is/HUBAm
Probably because they might take issue with giving Richard money for such drivel.

His public statements, essays & talks are more than sufficient to refute Richard's claims without financing him.