Old subthreads
comhcinc

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by comhcinc »

Seems everyone was triggered by that.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

comhcinc wrote:Seems everyone was triggered by that.
The triggering was tangible...

Jack Wooster

Post by Jack Wooster »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Failed my exam. Better luck next time...
Sorry mate, stick at it.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Shariah law imposed on British MPs? Is this true?
https://www.jihadwatch.org/2016/08/brit ... -by-sharia

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu wrote:
jimthepleb wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:[youtube]aLHpqZ1woC8[/youtube]
A thing of beauty.
I dunno - It could have been longer.
The best studies place it as an average YouTube vid.

I feel Richard would also like to anwser the recent charges he was inappropriate with students while in a position of authority.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Shariah law imposed on British MPs? Is this true?
I can't believe this is true - alcohol is a major lubricant of the political machine. It wouldn't have happened in George Brown's, Sigmund "Emma" Freud's, or Gerald Nabarro's day!

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Shariah law imposed on British MPs? Is this true?
If it is the whole system will grind to a halt. I can't imagine it's true.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Sorry, Clement, not Sigmund...

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

:nin: by the tit.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

jimthepleb wrote::nin: by the tit.
Better than being pinched by the Fuzz!

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Lsuoma wrote:
jimthepleb wrote::nin: by the tit.
Better than being pinched by the Fuzz!
I'm sorry about that. I never was good at reading social signals.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

PZ is amazed that a Muslim man on a plane who was sweating and muttering about Allah caused consternation.
Imagine if, in the spirit of “If you see something, say something”, I were on a plane, and I waved over a flight attendant, and whispered, “That 20-something white guy in 9C makes me uncomfortable. I heard him say ‘Jesus’ on his cell phone, and he looks nervous and sweaty.” Would they kick him off the plane?

I don’t think so. White people in America are assumed innocent, while brown ones are always suspect.
This children, is what happens if you are allowed to run rampant liberal while cutoff in cowpoke Mn.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Here PZ. Watch this.

[youtube]H3X_KyqGf3w[/youtube]

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Brive1987 wrote:PZ is amazed that a Muslim man on a plane who was sweating and muttering about Allah caused consternation.
Imagine if, in the spirit of “If you see something, say something”, I were on a plane, and I waved over a flight attendant, and whispered, “That 20-something white guy in 9C makes me uncomfortable. I heard him say ‘Jesus’ on his cell phone, and he looks nervous and sweaty.” Would they kick him off the plane?

I don’t think so. White people in America are assumed innocent, while brown ones are always suspect.
This children, is what happens if you are allowed to run rampant liberal while cutoff in cowpoke Mn.
I have a feeling that if terrorists started yelling "Jesus is Great!" before crashing jets into buildings, hijacking planes, shooting up office parties, malls, bars etc, the public would indeed get a whole hell of a lot more anxious if you started to mutter about Jesus on a plane.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

pro-boxing-fan wrote:
PZ's stamp of approval was in response to Gorski getting mad over this article published by Lindsay and Boghossian, wherein they outline the extremely marginal positives of a Trump presidency while still declaring at the end that nobody should vote for him, which still comes across as too supportive by the extremists like Peez, for whom arriving at the correct conclusion means nothing if you took a different road to get there or used your own ability to think things through instead of accepting uncritically the positions of People Who Know Better.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Brive1987 wrote:PZ is amazed that a Muslim man on a plane who was sweating and muttering about Allah caused consternation.

Yeah, it's terrible when people jump to conclusions because you happen to fit a particular profile... such as, say, a man accused of sexual abuse when there is no evidence.

...wait a minute

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Sunder wrote: PZ's stamp of approval was in response to Gorski getting mad over this article published by Lindsay and Boghossian, wherein they outline the extremely marginal positives of a Trump presidency while still declaring at the end that nobody should vote for him, which still comes across as too supportive by the extremists like Peez, for whom arriving at the correct conclusion means nothing if you took a different road to get there or used your own ability to think things through instead of accepting uncritically the positions of People Who Know Better.
'The Party is not concerned by the deed, Winston, but the thought behind it.'

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

DrokkIt wrote:

Yeah, it's terrible when people jump to conclusions because you happen to fit a particular profile... such as, say, a man accused of sexual abuse when there is no evidence.

...wait a minute
Which is why I tell my daughter to always wait until they have their dick in you lest you accuse someone of being Schrödinger's Rapist.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Ok. Ok. A prison tat and their fly open are also bad signs.

Sorry Com. That puts you out of the running.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Brive1987 wrote: Which is why I tell my daughter to always wait until they have their dick in you lest you accuse someone of being Schrödinger's Rapist.

Hopefully soon it will be a matter of proving a dick wasn't in.
URGH MEN.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Brive1987 wrote:Here PZ. Watch this.

What a bunch of entitled white dudes!

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

This is the guy who fantasises about stabbing priests if he finds one praying over him.

Imagine the horror of waking up and realising you are still PZ Myers. Every fucking day of your life. Jesus.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

jimthepleb wrote:

The last time I cried in public, and cried hard, was at the 9/11 museum listening to the recordings of the voicemails from flight 97. Peezus is a massive gaping cunt.

Really?

Post by Really? »

jimthepleb wrote:

Privileged mini-can of Coke sippers. Oh, poor babies. Your pretzel-eating time was interrupted by Muslim men who have been marginalized by your racism.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

OK so I am no Godfrey Elfwick ...

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

I just wish Mr Rapebeard has an encounter with an Islamist.

Rapehead would shit himself.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Sunder wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Romney entered election day extremely confident due to his internal polling. Having done polling for political campaigns, I can say the internal polls are usually brutally honest.
Unless they came from the Obama camp, I guess.

It should go without saying that crooked behavior from one party doesn't make the other one more likely to be correct. It's plausible that liberals could cheat while Romney allowed his advisors to blow smoke up his ass.

Do you perhaps have a theory on how the Dems managed to rig Intrade in their favor?
Reminds me of this for some reason ...

http://dangerousminds.net/home/dangerou ... 92_int.jpg

Really?

Post by Really? »

CommanderTuvok wrote:I just wish Mr Rapebeard has an encounter with an Islamist.

He made sure to live in the place on the planet that has the fewest brown people.

The Muslim Student Association at Morris seems to have a grand total of three members on its roster.

https://umnmorris.collegiatelink.net/or ... UMM/roster

The Black Student Union has 20.

https://umnmorris.collegiatelink.net/or ... BSU/roster

Nice little world PZ set up for himself.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

CommanderTuvok wrote:I just wish Mr Rapebeard has an encounter with an Islamist.
Just give his Koran pissing video more viability.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

deLurch wrote:

I have a feeling that if terrorists started yelling "Jesus is Great!" before crashing jets into buildings, hijacking planes, shooting up office parties, malls, bars etc, the public would indeed get a whole hell of a lot more anxious if you started to mutter about Jesus on a plane.
Note also how PZ automatically associates "Jesus" with white people and "Allah" with "brown people". That's a prejudice bordering on racist.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Kirbmarc wrote: Note also how PZ automatically associates "Jesus" with white people and "Allah" with "brown people". That's a prejudice bordering on racist.
By his own standard, actually by anyone's standard it is racist. It is so much a part of him he did not realize he was showing it. Same thing with his sexism. Remember the pink/blue bunny incident? Remember the Michele Bachmann eating a hot dog incident?

You would think that with all his posturing he would be on guard and not display his racism and sexism so readily. And it is not as if he was speaking off the cuff either.

Nope he had the time between writing and hitting "publish" to reflect on what he was communicating and he still did not notice.

This is irony no? Someone with ingrained racist and sexist tendencies hectoring other people for imagined racism and sexism and unable to notice that he is racist and sexist himself.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Brive1987 wrote:Ok. Ok. A prison tat and their fly open are also bad signs.

No tats but I refuse to zip up my flies. I know there are a lot of people that will disagree with me but it makes no sense to zip up your fly. I just don't think the science is there.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Brive1987 wrote:Which is why I tell my daughter to always wait until they have their dick in you lest you accuse someone of being Schrödinger's Rapist.
My dad never gave me useful information like this. If I have daughters, I'd prefer to follow your example.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

comhcinc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Ok. Ok. A prison tat and their fly open are also bad signs.

No tats but I refuse to zip up my flies. I know there are a lot of people that will disagree with me but it makes no sense to zip up your fly. I just don't think the science is there.
Science is cis-male-dominated, so having your sausage swinging around outside the denim dungeon is just a way of signaling to others that you are an intelligent chap.

Cis-women, having no dick to dangle, are thus excluded from the club.

I have no doubt that a SocSci PhD could be written and accepted based on this.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: Note also how PZ automatically associates "Jesus" with white people and "Allah" with "brown people". That's a prejudice bordering on racist.
By his own standard, actually by anyone's standard it is racist. It is so much a part of him he did not realize he was showing it. Same thing with his sexism. Remember the pink/blue bunny incident? Remember the Michele Bachmann eating a hot dog incident?

You would think that with all his posturing he would be on guard and not display his racism and sexism so readily. And it is not as if he was speaking off the cuff either.

Nope he had the time between writing and hitting "publish" to reflect on what he was communicating and he still did not notice.

This is irony no? Someone with ingrained racist and sexist tendencies hectoring other people for imagined racism and sexism and unable to notice that he is racist and sexist himself.

You're mistake is assuming that PZ ever reflects on what he has written or said.

Like the fact prophets of old, he is handing down revealed wisdom, it needs no revision nor editing. When it contradicts what has been written before, just "Shut up and believe!"

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Reavealed wisdom should be reavealed truth... See I don't read or reflect on what I write either.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Goddamnit, wrong "your" as well. ( I blame the stupid spell correct for that one.)

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

I've picked up Cerebus lately, and while I haven't yet finished I've arrived at the point where Dave Sim succumbs to madness misogyny and outlines his precise problem with leftists women.
"How do you feel?" had virtually replaced "who, what, where, when and why" as the journalistic cornerstone. "What are you feeling right now?" Every once in a great while, the Female void would run afoul of some military figure or a police captain or a fire marshal: some male who had not been devoured whole, who still had something of himself left to call his own. His answer would begin, "I think . . ." or "I believe . . ." and he would proceed to enunciate a belief, a principle, an ideal which was, to him, fundamental.
I hesitated to use those strikethroughs ironically as Sim really was aiming his critique at women, and he really does stray into misogyny from time to time. It's not that he's wrong (I believe that women as a whole do process the world in a different way than men as a whole process the world) so much as that he overstates his case. Certainly the problem is as prevalent among leftist men as it is among women (and here he'd interject, again, not entirely without merit, that this is due to the cancer of feminism eating it's way into political thought).

The reason I bring this up is that when I state I believe an act of base violence and cruelty was committed by a Muslim before the facts have born that out, I'm challenged on my belief, and in response I ask, "When was the last time you saw a Christian with a suicide vest in the news?" This, I'm told, is hateful (it's not, it's an observation devoid of any value judgement, that comes later), but even if it was what relevance would it have to the point I was getting at? As rebuttals go it's a complete non sequitur. I'm never presented with, "this is true, but as a liberal that fact is trumped by my commitment to the presumption of innocence, the right to dignity of all individuals, etc etc..." The discussion is an immediate non starter as they have willingly ceded authority to what feels to be, rather than what is. Facts are sacrificed on the altar of that submission, and you wind up with people who for all the world look genuinely insane to those of us who won't bend the knee (Myers can't possibly be so dense or emotionally driven as he's claiming to be).

Sim really saw it all coming. Oh, and Cerebus is amazing. Highly recommended.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

So all evil and wrong comes from white men...

So does most of the good and human achievements. ( biggest philanthropist's? White men, clean water and modern sanitation? White men, Most of modern technology? White men. Moon landing? White men, ....

So if I get the blame for the bad, I should get the kudos for the good. That would be true social justice right?

Oh, and tell those slackers lower on the progressive stack to start pulling their own weight! This building and running society while they while away the day is starting to get old.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Cerebus had always been my favorite aardvark.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Spike13 wrote:Cerebus had always been my favorite aardvark.

Who is your second favorite?

free thoughtpolice

Cutthroat Trout
july2016 032.JPG
(625.2 KiB) Downloaded 218 times

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

That fish looks fake. I think you have been fooled bear.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

I'm really sorry I haven't congratulated Katamari Dimassi for getting married, and my excuse is that I had my attention on my tickInDick, and I didn't want to make current events all about my own dick, but now I see no other way because a tick bite can leave a subcutaneous lump for months or years, and this one although caused by a mere nymph seems to have caused an extra large one about nine o'clock starboard halfway along from my eyes. As I am tots het I was greatly relieved once I realized that this provides for good MF contact if I can angle properly.

free thoughtpolice

comhcinc wrote:That fish looks fake. I think you have been fooled bear.
I have to admit it tasted a bit bland. :animals-bear:

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

So com, I was kind of loaded and ready for the conference call the other week and I was about to say late that I might join, when I saw hamburger threaten to join and you weakening to maybe if Easy J did, and then I realized if I posted, it would lead to a 3-way call between me who's been demonstratively nontalkative so far and who you said you didn't want to 1-on-1 with. Pitters who didn't ride in on an elevator are no fun.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

fuzzy wrote:So com, I was kind of loaded and ready for the conference call the other week and I was about to say late that I might join, when I saw hamburger threaten to join and you weakening to maybe if Easy J did, and then I realized if I posted, it would lead to a 3-way call between me who's been demonstratively nontalkative so far and who you said you didn't want to 1-on-1 with. Pitters who didn't ride in on an elevator are no fun.
You would have enjoyed a show. I have made no bones about how I would treat him if we got on a skype call together.

You can always message me to chat. No guarantee I will do it like tonight I am fighting some summer cold or bug or something. Barely able to sit up and watch my stories.

Darth Cynic

Post by Darth Cynic »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Failed my exam. Better luck next time...
Hey, at least you're still alive and uninjured after it and if it's any condolence if France is any way like Ireland then maybe you were destined to fail. Here there's been a long suspicion that there is an unspoken policy of failing first attempts to force at least one retest and of course another charge; especially as a private company now does the testing. It may be imaginary but there are plenty of grey area segments which boil down to the subjective interpretation of the tester as to whether or not you actually made an error.

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:I love 'merica! *sniff*
13882431_1097708356977124_2671945759229572295_n.jpg
The first thing I thought when I saw that was, "I hope those are rim fire and one manages to get stuck in the mechanism in just the right way".

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

comhcinc wrote:
fuzzy wrote:So com, I was kind of loaded and ready for the conference call the other week and I was about to say late that I might join, when I saw hamburger threaten to join and you weakening to maybe if Easy J did, and then I realized if I posted, it would lead to a 3-way call between me who's been demonstratively nontalkative so far and who you said you didn't want to 1-on-1 with. Pitters who didn't ride in on an elevator are no fun.
You would have enjoyed a show. I have made no bones about how I would treat him if we got on a skype call together.

You can always message me to chat. No guarantee I will do it like tonight I am fighting some summer cold or bug or something. Barely able to sit up and watch my stories.
well like I said, I was loaded :obscene-drinkingdrunk: and ready

Darth Cynic

Post by Darth Cynic »

Cnutella wrote:Nathan at FTB squeezes out a typically stupid post:
Siobhan has a very well-constructed and sourced takedown of some people who are trying to claim trans activists are opposed to science. I really have jack shit to add at this point, but a reminder to those looking at the science on trans issues: Beware of cisgender people constructing theories about transgender people. Eyes to the sides y’all.
In another time and another realm, these specimens would have been eagerly lining up behind comrade Lysenko.

Has the bearded taint chimed in with his wealth of relevant scientific knowledge both in theory and method? Of course not, the pudgy schlub is too busy posting drivel about his upcoming semester prep, and pretending not to see the distinction someone might have between a jittery Muslim and a jittery Christian on a flight... for fucks sake you spineless sack of shit. Oh he does mention this Shiv's post but only to be Little Paul meek and somewhat contrite as I read it.

This oik once thought himself a contender for Hitchen's mantle!?

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

I'm amazed it was that hard to find someone who speaks Mandarin. Germany is way whiter than I imagined.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

jet_lagg wrote:

I've picked up Cerebus lately, and while I haven't yet finished I've arrived at the point where Dave Sim succumbs to madness misogyny and outlines his precise problem with leftists women.
"How do you feel?" had virtually replaced "who, what, where, when and why" as the journalistic cornerstone. "What are you feeling right now?" Every once in a great while, the Female void would run afoul of some military figure or a police captain or a fire marshal: some male who had not been devoured whole, who still had something of himself left to call his own. His answer would begin, "I think . . ." or "I believe . . ." and he would proceed to enunciate a belief, a principle, an ideal which was, to him, fundamental.
I hesitated to use those strikethroughs ironically as Sim really was aiming his critique at women, and he really does stray into misogyny from time to time. It's not that he's wrong (I believe that women as a whole do process the world in a different way than men as a whole process the world) so much as that he overstates his case. Certainly the problem is as prevalent among leftist men as it is among women (and here he'd interject, again, not entirely without merit, that this is due to the cancer of feminism eating it's way into political thought).

The reason I bring this up is that when I state I believe an act of base violence and cruelty was committed by a Muslim before the facts have born that out, I'm challenged on my belief, and in response I ask, "When was the last time you saw a Christian with a suicide vest in the news?" This, I'm told, is hateful (it's not, it's an observation devoid of any value judgement, that comes later), but even if it was what relevance would it have to the point I was getting at? As rebuttals go it's a complete non sequitur. I'm never presented with, "this is true, but as a liberal that fact is trumped by my commitment to the presumption of innocence, the right to dignity of all individuals, etc etc..." The discussion is an immediate non starter as they have willingly ceded authority to what feels to be, rather than what is. Facts are sacrificed on the altar of that submission, and you wind up with people who for all the world look genuinely insane to those of us who won't bend the knee (Myers can't possibly be so dense or emotionally driven as he's claiming to be).

Sim really saw it all coming. Oh, and Cerebus is amazing. Highly recommended.
I read this a long time ago, and agree that it's very good- but yes, Sim does get heavily into women-hating at a certain point.
Iirc his wife left him for another prominent comics person?

God the 90s were a long time ago.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

comhcinc wrote:

Aaron A.Aardvark.... Front running bastard was always listed first in the phone book.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Spike13 wrote:
comhcinc wrote:

Aaron A.Aardvark.... Front running bastard was always listed first in the phone book.
[youtube]t7aKgR7hcpE[/youtube]

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Katamari, congratulations!

Phil, you'll get it next time. Now you know what to expect, I'm sure you'll ace it!

For a bunch of shit lords we all seem to laugh together and cry together.

Slyme on you crazy diamonds!

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

fuzzy wrote:
[youtube]t7aKgR7hcpE[/youtube]

Proof of the international zionist conspiracy.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

BoxNDox wrote:
I'm amazed it was that hard to find someone who speaks Mandarin. Germany is way whiter than I imagined.
At least in Holland the Dutch do orange.