The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
Dave

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by Dave »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: There are actual several good reasons to judge her clothes and hair. First, you are sending a message by how you dress and groom. If you dress thug, you're gonna be taken for a thug. One doesn't accidentally dye your hair blue, pink or flame red. You wear the uniform, don't be surprised if you're taken for one of the folk you're emulating. I still shake my head at the angry people of my fair city that got indignant that police were targeting young POCs that were dressed in gang colors.
The question is do you have the right uniform? Is someone with unlaced shoes a thug or a rapper? (OK, very old, probably no longer relevant example.) Becky is dressing like a hipster. Yawn. This should surprise absolutely no one and tells none of us anything we didnt know about her already, so other than being shitlords, why focus on it? (Being shitlords is fine, its what we do, but dont make it into something more moral, that ruins the shitlordery.)

As to blue-haired science chick, while her glasses were thick framed, they werent particularly Moon-Glamper shaped and the blue/purple hair is a trend Ive seen well outside of the SJW set. I know a number of women who have done variations on that, and while most of them would self-describe as a feminist, they are all old-skool feminists whos response to Malady would be, "Suck It Up, Buttercup!" They are sufficiently un-SJW that they get along with my usual level of shitlordery. Given some of the things people have posted about her, perhaps it was correct connection in her case, but I think you may be extrapolating a general rule from a overly narrow sample set.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Tribble wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
That would be a bad idea. I watched the vid, and this seems to be a chick who wants to piss standing up. She uses that thing to direct the stream.
lol. I didn't finish it. She was whinging about chaffing. As for pissing through the thing... Yeah, druggies use those things to try and beat urnie tests. You can even buy powdered urine.

http://www.testclear.com/Powdered-Urine-Kit-P13.aspx

I don't drug test. As long as you show up to work clean, sober and aren't fucking up, I don't care what you do during your non-work time.
Is business good? A few years back when I had actual disposable income, a buddy invited me to invest in some food trucks he was starting up. I think he started with three, is down to one, and barely clinging to viability. My hope is that you're doing better than him.

Dave

Post by Dave »

John D wrote:Shit... my dog just got blasted in the face by a skunk. The little ass-hole thinks he was put on this earth to attack small mammals.
Thats pretty much the definition of a dog.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

John D wrote:Shit... my dog just got blasted in the face by a skunk. The little ass-hole thinks he was put on this earth to attack small mammals.

My daughter was smokin a joint on the back porch with her boyfriend. The dog was sitting next to them when... bam... he bolted off the porch at a skunk.

I think it blasted him right in the face. I washed him three times outside with dish liquid, peroxide, and baking soda. I washed him two more times in the basement tube with the same mix.

I can't get the smell off from his license tag. I have it soaking in vinegar.

Haha... the whole house stinks and my wife is pissed as hell.
I see I've already been ninja'd, but I can attest to the tomato juice. My family used to dog sit a bichon frise named Sunny. Very small, very energetic dogs. Great with kids.

http://www.dogbreedslist.info/uploads/a ... rise-3.jpg

The owner was fairly wealthy and pampered her to no end, regular trips to the salon and all that. So, she'd just had one of these salon visits, and was surrendered into our care while the owner heads off to wherever he's vacationing this month. That same night she goes ballistic at the door, and I, foolishly, try and get a peak at what she's so worked up about. In a flash, she's through the crack in the door, out behind the garage, and gets a faceful of nature's mace. She slept on the patio that night, and the next morning we tried the tomato juice. Halfway through the rinsing process she managed to break free and dash into the woods. When the owner returned from vacation we presented him with his now pink, dreadlocked dog, twigs and leaves gnarled into the fur. We were never asked to dog sit again.

The tomato juice did work. Kind of. It got the stench down to manageable levels. It the joint doesn't bother you than this won't either.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Jerry Coyne poking the Regressive Left in its collective eye again:

https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.co ... nt-1393441

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

AndrewV69 wrote:It was mentioned earlier but here it is on Twatter :
The fact that she has an Arab name herself was never mentioned once in the Toronto Star article. Funny how that happened?
Some of the Facebook posts the principal is alleged to have shared and commented on include: videos purportedly showing violent “Muslim takeovers” of Paris and London; articles expressing concerns around bringing refugees to Canada, given their “terrorist sympathies”; and another headlined: “Must see: Dutch mayor tells fellow Muslims they can f------ if they don’t like freedom.”
Racism! Racism! Expecting Muslims to respect laws and principles of liberal democracy is racism! Telling them to condemn terrorism more vocally is racism! Muslims are perfect, Islam is the religion of peace, and you don't agree you're a racist!
The National Council of Canadian Muslims called allegations that a principal posted Islamophobic messages “disturbing.”

“We welcome a full investigation,” said Amira Elghawaby, communications director for the council.
"Fire that kafir! How dare she tell Muslims that they should condemn terrorism without ifs and buts and that they should respect the laws and principles of liberal democracy! That's racist!"

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Brive1987 wrote:http://i.imgur.com/tlNJWJS.jpg

Where is Skep?
Pages behind...

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Brive1987 wrote:
comhcinc wrote:Oh btw, I give Brive a pass on the Watson thing. He claimed her years ago. The rest of us should move on.
Thanks, but the only freebie hall pass I'm focused on is the one with the wife over Marisa Tomei.

And all she wants in return is the butcher.

:dance:
Spider-man's aunt?

Kinky.

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

Here's the question that's been bothering me. Is Vaz a top or a bottom? The public needs to know.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

feathers wrote:They just gassed the Pit.
Excuse me, I just had tacos for lunch.

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

We spoke about it recently, here's a Lowtax (of SA forums fame) review of Wu's game, R60.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

sp0tlight wrote:We spoke about it recently, here's a Lowtax (of SA forums fame) review of Wu's game, R60.

I watched Harmful Opinions play this live on Steam (before asking for a refund). It was a riot of shit flinging.

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

[quote="VickyCaramel"]I watched Harmful Opinions play this live on Steam (before asking for a refund). It was a riot of shit flinging.

It's in related,

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Jerry Coyne poking the Regressive Left in its collective eye again:

I think everyone is being far too gentle with Carl Kruze.
Carl Kruze wrote:Anyone who believes blacks are genetically inferior to whites because of genetics is a racist. The end
That is an incredibly stupid, incredibly damaging definition for racism, and any time someone whips it out they need to be told so in no uncertain terms.

Just look at the bind accepting the definition would put us in. Suppose our understanding of genetics and cognitive performance advances to the point we can say with complete certainty specific ethnic groups are genetically inferior (I’ll stress for those prone to offense that I’m saying very rigorously defined cognitive functions are measurably, empirically inferior in, again, rigorously defined populations). It’s a plausible scenario, and one where we’d be forced to choose between being honest and being unethical (which is a bit of a paradox, yes?). Or we could bite the bullet, accept the findings, and say the racists were correct when they said racism is not always unethical. OR we could say yes, one group is genetically inferior (in this one technical way), but believing that isn’t what racism means (and racism is still always unethical).

It's obvious to me the third option is the one we want.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Wow. Revolution 60 is one of the biggest pieces of shit of all time.

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Wow. Revolution 60 is one of the biggest pieces of shit of all time.
It would be a good game for a promo disk with your gaming magazine in 2002. Still better than Derp-resion Quest.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

jet_lagg wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Jerry Coyne poking the Regressive Left in its collective eye again:

Carl Kruze wrote:Anyone who believes blacks are genetically inferior to whites because of genetics is a racist. The end
That is an incredibly stupid, incredibly damaging definition for racism, and any time someone whips it out they need to be told so in no uncertain terms.

Just look at the bind accepting the definition would put us in. Suppose our understanding of genetics and cognitive performance advances to the point we can say with complete certainty specific ethnic groups are genetically inferior (I’ll stress for those prone to offense that I’m saying very rigorously defined cognitive functions are measurably, empirically inferior in, again, rigorously defined populations). It’s a plausible scenario, and one where we’d be forced to choose between being honest and being unethical (which is a bit of a paradox, yes?). Or we could bite the bullet, accept the findings, and say the racists were correct when they said racism is not always unethical. OR we could say yes, one group is genetically inferior (in this one technical way), but believing that isn’t what racism means (and racism is still always unethical).

Of course, if blacks were genetically inferior to whites, it would perforce be because of ... umm ... genetics.

Racism is defined as prejudice (with or without privilege.) But if you had solid evidence that one race was inferior to another, that wouldn't be prejudice.

The cognitive dissonance of SJWs, trying to give lip service to the scientific method while stilling cling to SJW dogma, is painful to observe.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

sp0tlight wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Wow. Revolution 60 is one of the biggest pieces of shit of all time.
It would be a good game for a promo disk with your gaming magazine in 2002. Still better than Derp-resion Quest.
It's like Mavis Bacon Teaches Typing, except if Mavis was replaced by three trannies in cat suits.

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
sp0tlight wrote:
It's like Mavis Bacon Teaches Typing, except if Mavis was replaced by three trannies in cat suits.
My favorite part is the opponents AI that's clearly just a two part of look-up tables randomized:

Code: Select all

movement = ['LEFT', 'RIGHT', 'UP', 'DOWN']
weapon = ['MEELE', 'GUN']

opponent.move(movement[rand(0,3)])
opponent.weapon(weapon[rand(0,1)])
if rand(1,2) % 2 == 0: # if modulo is 0 throw a granade
    opponent.weapon('GRANADE')
This is my level terrible game programming.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

That shit is still going on and the refugee camp is even growing. Why haven't the French government done anything about it?

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Fury as Chinese airline warns London tourists to avoid areas 'populated by black, Indian and Pakistani people'

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.mirror ... ent=safari

CaptainFluffyBunny

Shatterface wrote:Fury as Chinese airline warns London tourists to avoid areas 'populated by black, Indian and Pakistani people'

The Chinese outright stated what should have been stated in winking innuendo and dog-whistle. But honestly, does anyone think all areas of a city are equally safe or that there isn't at least an ethnic component to it?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:[.youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQn1XbMOU6s[/youtube]

That shit is still going on and the refugee camp is even growing. Why haven't the French government done anything about it?
Well,

I suppose the authorities could arrange for the armed forces to take them all into custody. Then what happens after that? What do you do with them after they are in custody? Do like the Australia does?

So the situation will continue to deteriate till it gets bad enough that something will have to be done. You know that whatever happens someone is going to get blamed for it. Not the "migrants" or "refugees" or whatever you want to call them.

So what polition wants to get involved in a situation that they will get blamed for when it goes pear shaped? And it will. So better to let someone else handle it.

CaptainFluffyBunny

free thoughtpolice wrote:

Are they just impeding traffic? Robbing people?

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

I would assume, if I were the driver, that this was a truck jacking. That would necessitate me running over any individuals with clubs and plowing through that barrier made of, what looks like, a pile of weeds. Try this in the US, outside of the SF Bay Area, you could also get shot.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

jet_lagg wrote:

The key issue here is how you rigorously define cognitive functions in terms of inferiority/superiority. It's certainly possible that some kind of systematic differences in rigorously defined cognitive functions and/or psychological traits between ethnic groups on genetic basis might exist, just like systematic differences in height or physiology between ethnic groups exist. It's the inferiority/superiority bit that leaves me unconvinced, when applied to cognitive functions considered as a whole.

If those differences exist they're due to the survival of traits which were more beneficial in different environments. For example delayed gratification might be particularly beneficial in areas where food and water are scarce, not so much in other environments. Aggressiveness might be evolutionary beneficial in an environment where it's possible for raiders to get food and women easily through pillaging, while agreeableness might be beneficial in a confined environment where raiding isn't a viable option (like in the case of the Moriori).

If psychological traits can be differently evolutionary beneficial in different environments so can cognitive functions. From what we know now "intelligence" seems too vaguely defined to be useful. IQ tests originally tested linguistic, logic and mathematical skills, which might be beneficial in certain environments but not in others. Today IQ tests measure mostly pattern recognition: again, this might be beneficial in some environments but in all of them.

In general it seems to me that it's hard to construct a hierarchy of cognitive functions/psychological which is valid in every environment. The hierarchy of superiority is relative to the specific function (better at pattern recognition vs. better at memory tasks) not between different cognitive functions. I find it unlikely that cognitive functions are selected for as a whole, that, for example, pattern recognition and memory might be equally beneficial in all environments.

If we will have solid evidence of differences in cognitive functions between ethnic groups due to genetics the results that we will have will likely be more along the lines of "Jews are good at maths" or "Berbers have good memory", or conversely "Icelanders have terrible spatial intelligence skills" or "Bantus have issues with recognizing recursion" rather than "Europeans are better in every cognitive function when compared to SubSaharan Africans".

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Shatterface wrote:Fury as Chinese airline warns London tourists to avoid areas 'populated by black, Indian and Pakistani people'

Looks to me like this is a jab at India for some reason... or they are calling us cucks. I'd be interested to know whats going on here, I doubt this was an accident.

FYI IMHO, it is sound advice to use extra caution when entering areas populated by black and pakistani people. I am sure the same could be said of most major European or American cities.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

sp0tlight wrote:We spoke about it recently, here's a Lowtax (of SA forums fame) review of Wu's game, R60.

I don't know how deep the corruption runs but a frankly embarrassing number of name SJWs have ties to SA.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

free thoughtpolice wrote:[.youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQn1XbMOU6s[/youtube]

Surprised there aren't armed guards in all of those trucks riding shotgun. Though it seems there's some plans afoot to build a bigger wall:
Work to begin on 'big wall' at Calais to block migrants

Although I don't see that as much of an improvement - seems the only thing that will work is barbed wire enclosures with machine-gun towers at the corners; maybe the Germans have some facilities they can take out of mothballs ...

But something has to be done, something other than band-aids and wan hopes and empty platitudes. Been far too many egregious cases of thuggery, all more recent than the case you described [August 24th]:
Carnage in Calais: Horrific crash as jungle migrant gangs target tourists in cars in terrifying new AMBUSH technique that left our journalists covered in blood after narrowly escaping death

Ruthless gangs deliberately causing crashes on the roads to the French port by hurling large objects at cars
Home Secretary Amber Rudd has spoken out after a team of journalists narrowly escaped death last week
Reporter Ben Ellery and photographers Steve Burton and John McLellan were all injured
They had been investigating a shocking explosion of violence at the squalid migrant camp ....
And:
CALAIS THUGS ATTACK Top British rider Lucy Phillips reveals horrifying moment her horsebox was attacked by migrants as she drove in Calais

Her parents Liz and Bill were left covered in blood after the passenger window to the cab was caved in during onslaught ...
They're not refugees, they're part of an invading army, a nascent fifth column with diddly squat in the way of commitments to the principles of western democracy. Y'all might note the UN policy paper on refugees:
Can someone be excluded from refugee protection?-

Yes. The 1951 Convention only protects persons who meet the criteria for refugee status. Certain categories of people are considered not to deserve refugee protection and should be excluded from such protection.

This includes persons for whom there are serious reasons to suspect that:
• they have committed a crime against peace, a war crime, a crime against humanity or a serious non-political crime outside their country of refuge; or
• they are guilty of acts contrary to the purposes and principles of the United Nations

The 1951 Convention contains a number of rights and also highlights the obligations of refugees towards their host country. The cornerstone of the 1951 Convention is the principle of non-refoulement contained in Article 33. According to this principle, a refugee should not be returned to a country where he or she faces serious threats to his or her life or freedom. This protection may not be claimed by refugees who are reasonably regarded as a danger to the security of the country, or having been convicted of a particularly serious crime, [or] are considered a danger to the community.
Pretty hard to see how those thugs are not "a danger to the community".

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

jet_lagg wrote:

Noticing some Gould praising in the comments as well.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

mordacious1 wrote:I would assume, if I were the driver, that this was a truck jacking. That would necessitate me running over any individuals with clubs and plowing through that barrier made of, what looks like, a pile of weeds. Try this in the US, outside of the SF Bay Area, you could also get shot.

This sort of thing has made me change my position on gun control... yet again. But before we get to guns, we need to look at laws concerning citizens rights to protect themselves and property. Not only are most of us completely unarmed and helpless in the face of this kind of crime, but the law works against us. For this driver, the law practically ensures he has to give in to the demands of this thug, and there is absolutely no deterrent to anyone wishing to use violence to get their way.

I have heard that in the US, delivery drivers are allowed permits BECAUSE they are carrying goods and cash. That is unthinkable in the UK. And of course, it is the policy of the UK government to fine these drivers if immigrants are found within their vehicles. Currently everyone is suffering from this situation except the immigrants.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Tribble wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
That would be a bad idea. I watched the vid, and this seems to be a chick who wants to piss standing up. She uses that thing to direct the stream.
lol. I didn't finish it. She was whinging about chaffing. As for pissing through the thing... Yeah, druggies use those things to try and beat urnie tests. You can even buy powdered urine.

http://www.testclear.com/Powdered-Urine-Kit-P13.aspx

I don't drug test. As long as you show up to work clean, sober and aren't fucking up, I don't care what you do during your non-work time.
Is business good? A few years back when I had actual disposable income, a buddy invited me to invest in some food trucks he was starting up. I think he started with three, is down to one, and barely clinging to viability. My hope is that you're doing better than him.
Yeah. The big problem is that most people use debt to get into the business. That's a crippler. Plus it takes years to build up a good base and if you have to live on your earnings the first couple of years, you may find yourself in trouble.

free thoughtpolice

AndrewV69 wrote:

Well,

I suppose the authorities could arrange for the armed forces to take them all into custody. Then what happens after that? What do you do with them after they are in custody? Do like the Australia does?

So the situation will continue to deteriate till it gets bad enough that something will have to be done. You know that whatever happens someone is going to get blamed for it. Not the "migrants" or "refugees" or whatever you want to call them.

So what polition wants to get involved in a situation that they will get blamed for when it goes pear shaped? And it will. So better to let someone else handle it.
The aussie plan sounds good to me. Did their politicians lose popularity for it? If they are in the country illegally and/or breaking laws put them in detention and send them back as soon as possible. If you take away the incentive for this to happen you put the people smugglers out of business and prevent people from drowning or otherwise facing danger in transit. If they are genuine refugees they should be in UN camps and dealt with accordingly, preferably sent home when it becomes safe to do so.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

mordacious1 wrote:I would assume, if I were the driver, that this was a truck jacking. That would necessitate me running over any individuals with clubs and plowing through that barrier made of, what looks like, a pile of weeds. Try this in the US, outside of the SF Bay Area, you could also get shot.
That was my thought to.

The guy in front was obviously stalling the truck while people were hopping on board. Either way, I'd be stopping my truck outside the nearest police or border control point to have them evicted.

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

Sunder wrote:

I don't know how deep the corruption runs but a frankly embarrassing number of name SJWs have ties to SA.
Yup. Although speaking as someone who just flat out calls it Goon culture, it's not even a matter of just names and ties but culture.

The way I explain it is like this. The whole ShitRedditSays culture was a way for SA people to feel all superior to people on Reddit. It eventually turned into a toxic Social Justice 101 mess. Of course, that was brought into the whole Atheism+ fiasco, as certain people (Zvan, Tibbles, Laden and so on) wanted SRS culture to be the way Atheism did the whole Social Justice thing. That eventually leaked out more and more into society as a whole, (Exploding around GamerGate) to the point where Social Justice is for the most part just Goon culture. Or to be more specific, Social Justice is a progressive excuse to act like a bully.

It's why you see so much racism and sexism coming from much of the SJ/Goon culture. It hasn't gone away, it's just hidden beneath a progressive veneer.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

VickyCaramel wrote: I have heard that in the US, delivery drivers are allowed permits BECAUSE they are carrying goods and cash. That is unthinkable in the UK. And of course, it is the policy of the UK government to fine these drivers if immigrants are found within their vehicles. Currently everyone is suffering from this situation except the immigrants.

In the US people are allowed permits. It's a right and you don't have to show cause as to why you want to have one. The rules via from state to state so depending on where you live there are more hoops to jump through.

For example my wife was able to get a conceal carry permit in Alabama for a small fee after a 5 minute background screen. I have a friend in NYC and he explained it that it took him close to a year and a dragocoina amount of red tape.

You would be hard pressed to find any D.A. willing to prosecute anyone who used a gun, even illegally, in a clear case of self defence. I am a felon and I have had a hand full of cops and one sheriff straight up tell me I should keep a gun in the house for protection.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:

The Chinese outright stated what should have been stated in winking innuendo and dog-whistle. But honestly, does anyone think all areas of a city are equally safe or that there isn't at least an ethnic component to it?
They are, of course, equally safe and clean. That is why most white, middle class, privileged SJWs dream of living in those places and never ever move out of those places at the first opportunity they get..........oh wait!

free thoughtpolice

Steersman wrote:
They're not refugees, they're part of an invading army, a nascent fifth column with diddly squat in the way of commitments to the principles of western democracy. Y'all might note the UN policy paper on refugees:
If they aren't refugees the UN policy paper doesn't apply. Just send them back.
If they are genuine refugees they need to follow laws or risk losing that status and any possibility of resettlement.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

There's a fucking gas pedal on a truck, yes? I would have used that, let's see how that stick the "refugee" is holding would have handled the shock.

Fucking pussy truck driver!

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
sp0tlight wrote:
I was thinking that. Well, the Mavis Beacon part.

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:There's a fucking gas pedal on a truck, yes? I would have used that, let's see how that stick the "refugee" is holding would have handled the shock.

I think there's a tree down over the road.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

comhcinc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
comhcinc wrote:Oh btw, I give Brive a pass on the Watson thing. He claimed her years ago. The rest of us should move on.
Thanks, but the only freebie hall pass I'm focused on is the one with the wife over Marisa Tomei.

And all she wants in return is the butcher.

:dance:
Spider-man's aunt?

Kinky.
A VERY positive progression.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/imag ... hdW0o5HZHA

Aunt May- ?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... ch7j_uKoAw

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

free thoughtpolice wrote: That shit is still going on and the refugee camp is even growing. Why haven't the French government done anything about it?
Know how you fix that?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Sunder wrote: Noticing some Gould praising in the comments as well.
See my comment there about Gould (who was a complete fuckwad.)

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: That shit is still going on and the refugee camp is even growing. Why haven't the French government done anything about it?
Know how you fix that?

In the last few months, I have been stuck at the Dartford Tunnel on a number of occasions, sometimes for hours. And you know, we need another airport and Boris Island sound like a good idea to me. I am also concerned about coastal erosion and the constant problem of flooding. And of course they could build their own internment camps. Frankly there is no shortage of things to keep slaves immigrants busy for a good few years. If they want to come and live here, make them earn it.

free thoughtpolice

How muslims watch the Olympics:

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

free thoughtpolice wrote:How muslims watch the Olympics:
I always rated that asterix girl over the other one.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Karmakin wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:There's a fucking gas pedal on a truck, yes? I would have used that, let's see how that stick the "refugee" is holding would have handled the shock.

So? Plenty of time to brake after the kebab...

John D

Post by John D »

Karmakin wrote:

It is pretty clear to me that the road is blocked. The driver is in serious peril. He will not be able to defend himself and it is likely he can't back up.

This is where I go all Merican... I guess it is in my blood. I say... fuck these guys to the moon and they all deserve to be locked up. If there is no one around to lock them up then they should be shot dead on the spot. The truck driver should simply kill them if possible.

Fuck with a truck driver in Merica and risk your own life and limb. We love our guns in general... and truck drivers love their guns more than most. Few "migrants" would try this stunt over here. Gun toting thugs would try this perhaps (which is why many truck drivers are armed).

While we do have a higher murder rate than other Western countries, we have as low a rate of violent crime as almost any country. We tend to replace some crimes (such as burglary) with murder. Further, if you statistically eliminate all black-on-black crime, the US is about the safest place on Earth.

I am so done with the "gun control debate". What a total waste of gas.

Anyway... I wish my European friends good luck on the migrant issue. I fear it will get worse before it gets better.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Kirbmarc wrote:
jet_lagg wrote:

The key issue here is how you rigorously define cognitive functions in terms of inferiority/superiority. It's certainly possible that some kind of systematic differences in rigorously defined cognitive functions and/or psychological traits between ethnic groups on genetic basis might exist, just like systematic differences in height or physiology between ethnic groups exist. It's the inferiority/superiority bit that leaves me unconvinced, when applied to cognitive functions considered as a whole.

If those differences exist they're due to the survival of traits which were more beneficial in different environments. For example delayed gratification might be particularly beneficial in areas where food and water are scarce, not so much in other environments. Aggressiveness might be evolutionary beneficial in an environment where it's possible for raiders to get food and women easily through pillaging, while agreeableness might be beneficial in a confined environment where raiding isn't a viable option (like in the case of the Moriori).

If psychological traits can be differently evolutionary beneficial in different environments so can cognitive functions. From what we know now "intelligence" seems too vaguely defined to be useful. IQ tests originally tested linguistic, logic and mathematical skills, which might be beneficial in certain environments but not in others. Today IQ tests measure mostly pattern recognition: again, this might be beneficial in some environments but in all of them.

In general it seems to me that it's hard to construct a hierarchy of cognitive functions/psychological which is valid in every environment. The hierarchy of superiority is relative to the specific function (better at pattern recognition vs. better at memory tasks) not between different cognitive functions. I find it unlikely that cognitive functions are selected for as a whole, that, for example, pattern recognition and memory might be equally beneficial in all environments.

If we will have solid evidence of differences in cognitive functions between ethnic groups due to genetics the results that we will have will likely be more along the lines of "Jews are good at maths" or "Berbers have good memory", or conversely "Icelanders have terrible spatial intelligence skills" or "Bantus have issues with recognizing recursion" rather than "Europeans are better in every cognitive function when compared to SubSaharan Africans".
I include rigor in the thought experiment to avoid people slipping free of the implications by insisting we could be mistaken. Assume intelligence can be rigorously defined to the satisfaction of researchers, and the genetics driving it become so well understood that there's simply no denying various ethnic groups evolved superior or inferior intelligence as a group, the scientist is left to deny reality or accept they are a racist (under that insane definition).

If we're moving back to the real world, I already think there's enough evidence to, at the very least, suspect certain groups have evolved a superior intelligence, and that it has important effects. Us discovering "Jews evolved to be better at math than non-Jews" isn't any more or less believable than us discovering "Europeans evolved to be better at math than SubSaharan Africans", and once such a discovery is made you've got a solid scientific basis for why class inequality is actually the result of the superiority (in math) of the upper class. That scares the living shit out of people, and not just because they're worried Republicans will use this as a flimsy excuse to avoid combating inequality (that will happen, I'm certain). They're worried what it might mean about them. The whole concept does violence against America's precious "you can be anything" narrative.

There are ways to have our cake and eat it too, but they involve honesty and enough forward thinking to realize how stupid the definitions like the one that got my goat and started this whole conversation are.

dogen

Post by dogen »

That's not Nice!

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

jet_lagg wrote: I include rigor in the thought experiment to avoid people slipping free of the implications by insisting we could be mistaken. Assume intelligence can be rigorously defined to the satisfaction of researchers, and the genetics driving it become so well understood that there's simply no denying various ethnic groups evolved superior or inferior intelligence as a group, the scientist is left to deny reality or accept they are a racist (under that insane definition).
They can keep this definition, it just means that "racist" will become an insult in the same kind of way "atheist" is an insult.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

jet_lagg wrote:
I include rigor in the thought experiment to avoid people slipping free of the implications by insisting we could be mistaken. Assume intelligence can be rigorously defined to the satisfaction of researchers, and the genetics driving it become so well understood that there's simply no denying various ethnic groups evolved superior or inferior intelligence as a group, the scientist is left to deny reality or accept they are a racist (under that insane definition).

If we're moving back to the real world, I already think there's enough evidence to, at the very least, suspect certain groups have evolved a superior intelligence, and that it has important effects. Us discovering "Jews evolved to be better at math than non-Jews" isn't any more or less believable than us discovering "Europeans evolved to be better at math than SubSaharan Africans", and once such a discovery is made you've got a solid scientific basis for why class inequality is actually the result of the superiority (in math) of the upper class. That scares the living shit out of people, and not just because they're worried Republicans will use this as a flimsy excuse to avoid combating inequality (that will happen, I'm certain). They're worried what it might mean about them. The whole concept does violence against America's precious "you can be anything" narrative.

There are ways to have our cake and eat it too, but they involve honesty and enough forward thinking to realize how stupid the definitions like the one that got my goat and started this whole conversation are.
I understand your point. However I think that "European" and "SubSahran Africans" are two groups too big and too spread out in different environments (which likely make different cognitive functions evolutionary beneficial) for us to discover relevant differences in cognitive functions between them. Europeans have inhabited environments as different as the Alps, the Mediterranean coastline, the plains of central Europe, Scandinavia, Iceland etc. The same is true for SubSahran Africans, who have inhabited environments as different as tropical rainforests, savannahs, the Nile river valley, the Congo river valley, the Namibian desert, etc. Subgroups with European and SubSaharan Africans have also frequently intermarried due to invasions, empires, etc.

Jews, on the other hand, have practiced endogamy for centuries, and have evolved in a rather specific environment.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Probably :nin:

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

VickyCaramel wrote:
jet_lagg wrote: I include rigor in the thought experiment to avoid people slipping free of the implications by insisting we could be mistaken. Assume intelligence can be rigorously defined to the satisfaction of researchers, and the genetics driving it become so well understood that there's simply no denying various ethnic groups evolved superior or inferior intelligence as a group, the scientist is left to deny reality or accept they are a racist (under that insane definition).
They can keep this definition, it just means that "racist" will become an insult in the same kind of way "atheist" is an insult.
Are we talking about dictionary racism or racism plus?

Racism is intersectional or else it's bullshit.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

d4m10n wrote:Probably :nin:
Hey! Come sail with us. We're taking applications for new passengers. We provide stunning, close up views of icebergs. Join us today.

Signed: Edward John Smith, Captain, RMS Titanic

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Which fucking losers would be sad enough to join FreeFromFuckingThoughtShitBlogs now?

Apparently, two of their pre-conditions is that you have to be a paedophile-enabler, and must refer to cops as "pigs".

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

It would be funny if someone adopted a fake SJW rage blog persona and got accepted on to the FTB network......so they could leak the backchannel hatred and the octopus rape fantasies of PZ Myers.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

CommanderTuvok wrote:It would be funny if someone adopted a fake SJW rage blog persona and got accepted on to the FTB network......
I half-expect a The Man Who Was Thursday scenario in which this has already happened.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Regarding the Harmful Opinions video:

Is Revolution 60 really a fucking Mavis Beacon typing game. I'm watching the video and no, I cannot do the animation in the game, but did we really have a massive fucking fight and has Wu really fucking become a "celebrity" on the basis of a typing tutor game in which it really looks as though you can't lose?