The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
Tony Parsehole

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Alreet, mongs.
has anybody been following #cakegate? 55Rt's....Not exactly worthy of the "gate" suffix but still....Pretty funny.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

cakegate....and i had the cheek to call you lot mongs

#Piegate!

:laughing-rollingyellow:

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Alreet, mongs.
has anybody been following #cakegate? 55Rt's....Not exactly worthy of the "gate" suffix but still....Pretty funny.
I had to google it.

I am of the mind that people shouldn't be forced to do business with people they don't want to within reason. If all bakers refused to make cakes for gay people then maybe yes the government should maybe step in.

I am also okay with calling a businesses out for being bigots. Free speech rocks.

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

Where the hell have you been? I assumed you were retained as Trump's speech writer after Elfwick was retired but I didn't want to out you.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Easy J wrote:Where the hell have you been? I assumed you were retained as Trump's speech writer after Elfwick was retired but I didn't want to out you.
Lurking in the shadows. Like a....Lurky shadowy thing.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Tony Parsehole wrote:cakegate....and i had the cheek to call you lot mongs

#Piegate!

Welcome back, fucker. We have missed you.

Michael J

Post by Michael J »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: I guess first up at a high level, what's the difference between FileMaker and say Access. I assume it has a client/server architecture, better web facing tools, plug-ins and, I guess, it's own security layer?
Unlike Access, Filemaker is functional.

But seriously, Access is a long run for a short slide. It requires the programming effort of a SQL DB but delivers shittier performance than Excel. (I would, and have, fallen back on Excel instead of getting the migraine from Access.) It was MS saying, 'holy shit, we have no footprint in this market!' then tasking some H1-B to crap out a piece of worthless shit. Which they can sell millions of copies of, because they're MS.

FM is relational, and easy to set up relations and portals. Scripting is a breeze, as is field creation & modification. It comes loaded with pre-fab templates and the layout tools are easy & powerful.
Does it really compete with other development options for web based apps?
I never used FM for web apps. With the server module, it worked quite well for in-house multi-user DBs.
What are the requirements for hosting a custom app - ie what servers and server apps and licensing is the end user up for?
FM Server, and enough license keys to cover your max # simultaneous users.

How big is the online business community - ie is its user base up, down or flatline? Would it be considered a niche risk for a small to medium organisation (say 100 seats).
I don't have any figures. But it seems fairly ubiquitous. I worked for two large SQL DB companies, and FM was used a lot for in-house stuff. But I'd say small to medium companies are FM's target audience. If it's too small for SQL, and too big for Excel, then FM is the ticket for ease of DB creation, versatility, and user interface.

I'm just an autodidact, half-ass programmer. But I've worked with Access (despised), SQL shells (for my needs, a hammer to crack eggs), Lotus Notes (learned to like). I adore Filemaker.
I support a couple of Filemaker and Access sites. I prefer Access. Mainly because of the old 80/20 rule. 4GLs tend to be able to solve 80 percent of a clients requirements using wizards and drag and drop. With MS Access I have a better chance of doing the other 20 percent of the requirements.

However, If I'm starting a project fresh I would touch either with a 10 foot pole. I get the client a VM with AWS and install mySQL and build the front end using c# or php. That way I don't have to deal with the client's shitty hardware where they any problem is due to the program and not the fact they are running a 12 year old box full of adware.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

CommanderTuvok wrote:

#Piegate!

Welcome back, fucker. We have missed you.
I missed you, too.
http://i.makeagif.com/media/7-22-2015/D8rgn_.gif

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

This is one of yours, right Parse? :lol:

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

#Piegate!

Fuck off! I still loath you for not continuing the Elfwick stunt.

(kidding, still love you)

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Ape+lust wrote:Rebecca pretends what she does is something other than "snarking about stuff I saw on my news aggregator."

http://imgur.com/RhMCR39.jpg
Didn't know several hundred weeks counted as a "few." Maybe on a cosmic scale.

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

Steersman wrote:
Barbie's Boyfriend wrote:
Steersman wrote:And hardly a case of "jumping" on poor Damion. I agreed, somewhat in jest, to take him up on his offer - maybe the money can go to the unwed mothers of America, or the fund to legalize prostitution, a good cause I've contributed to myself.
So, Steersman contributes funds to a group which is lobbying to decriminalize prostitution? Y'all don't suppose that's because he is such an odious human being that no woman would have sex with him for free ? Not even if he walked into a woman's prison with the proverbial fistful of pardons ?
So? WTF is wrong with that? You can make a credible case that prostitution is always and necessarily morally wrong? You might consider that not all women consider the profession a "fate worse than death" - you might check out The Honest Courtesan for example.

And while I'll concede that there are periodically some decidedly ugly aspects to the profession, one could also say the same about most professions, and other modes of work - sweat shops for example. But that doesn't lead most rational people to the conclusion that working itself should be banned, only that proper labour laws need to be enacted.

But you might also learn how to quote properly, and to use the Preview function.
I never said there was anything morally wrong with prostitution. I just surmised that given your winning personality on display here, that you prolly can't get any ladies to touch you for free. Not even Muscato.

Sorry my misapplication of the quote and preview features ruined your day. It was the middle of the night, I've been having vision problems, which has been leading to migraines, and other such head issues. I'll strive to be better next time

HelpingHand

Post by HelpingHand »

Barbie's Boyfriend wrote:I never said there was anything morally wrong with prostitution. I just surmised that given your winning personality on display here, that you prolly can't get any ladies to touch you for free. Not even Muscato.
1. If I faux transitioned, I would totally have Steersman on my to do list.

2. I may be totally tired of multiple mandatory reboots of my company laptop in a day, said fuck it, and started drinking.

3. Have you ever looked at your hand? I mean, REALLY looked at your hand?

4. Man those peas are green.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

In other news:

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Barbie's Boyfriend wrote: snip
I never said there was anything morally wrong with prostitution. I just surmised that given your winning personality on display here, that you prolly can't get any ladies to touch you for free. Not even Muscato.

Sorry my misapplication of the quote and preview features ruined your day. It was the middle of the night, I've been having vision problems, which has been leading to migraines, and other such head issues. I'll strive to be better next time
Steersman has some comprehension issues, apparently missing the part where you said you gave money to help decriminalize prostitution. He is sensitive about the issue, so don't take his vehemence personally. He makes a virtue out of his necessity for his need to resort to such services.

But yeah, can you imagine him flirting with the ladies? Comedy gold.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: But yeah, can you imagine him flirting with the ladies? Comedy gold.
"Madam, you may consider me forward but I view you as something of a gander and myself as Mr Goose. It should also be noted Mr Goose comes - if you'll pardon the expression - with a great deal of sauce. I am, you might say, 'saucy Mr Goose'. I expect you are as familiar as I with the idiom, 'sauce for the goose, sauce for the gander,' so I also expect you can see the central premise of my flirtation with you. So, to speak - would madam Gander care to partake of Mr Goose's sauce? Mm? Mm?"

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

Malky wrote: This is a reply to both you and Clarence (short as I am flying out on holiday today - Amalfi Coast in case anyone is interested), all of this is completely off my radar as all my programming was done at University using Fortran IV and I have done nine since. Also all of this appears to happen in the US with the UK following although looking at my IT dept the mix currently is 50:50 but where one of my sons works ( a web analytics company probably nearer 60:40) I have no idea if what he says is true which is why I posted this on here as there are obviously a lot of talented IT people on here and I was expecting that this would stir some of you up and get a much better idea where this realy is although I wish Clarence had posted some links. Thanks for the responses.
Icon is one of my favorite programming languages (built in backtracking and goal-directed evaluation). It was developed by the husband-wife team Ralph and Madge Griswold, and as a result I've always had an interest in them and their work.

I knew that they were at Bell Labs in the days when Multics and UNIX were developed, and I wondered if Madge had written anything about her experiences as a woman in that environment.

It turns out she did:

http://conservancy.umn.edu/handle/11299/107341

An interesting perspective, I think.

In case you're interested in Icon, here's an Icon program that solves the 8 queens problem:

Code: Select all

procedure main()
   write(q(1), q(2), q(3), q(4), q(5), q(6), q(7), q(8))
end

procedure q(c)
   suspend place(1 to 8, c)    # look for a row
end

procedure place(r, c)
   static up, down, row
   initial {
      up := list(15, 0)
      down := list(15, 0)
      row := list(8, 0)
      }
   if row[r] = down[r + c –1] = up[8 + r – c] = 0     # place if free
   then suspend row[r] <– down[r + c – 1] <– up[8 + r – c] <– r
end
More info at:

http://www.cs.arizona.edu/icon/index.htm

Really?

Post by Really? »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Easy J wrote:Where the hell have you been? I assumed you were retained as Trump's speech writer after Elfwick was retired but I didn't want to out you.
Lurking in the shadows. Like a....Lurky shadowy thing.
Nice to see you around!

But these insane people are seriously giving me agita.
I have tried to avoid this stuff, but it won't go away.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Re: Louise Raw.

I expect that if you pointed out the bloody history of Islamic colonisation, she would would put her fingers in her ears. There are a lot of SJWs like that. They think colonisation is exclusively a "white western" thing. When facts and history are pointed out to them, especially the Arab slave trade, they lose all their faculties and start crying and screaming. It gets in the way of their narrative.

Anyway, have people heard the story about that Muslim woman being set on fire in New York City? The chatter about the story seemed to die down immediately after it was revealed the suspect is black. CJ Werleman was primed to blame new atheists and white supremacists for the attack. He must be gutted.

Really?

Post by Really? »

CommanderTuvok wrote:Re: Louise Raw.

I expect that if you pointed out the bloody history of Islamic colonisation, she would would put her fingers in her ears. There are a lot of SJWs like that. They think colonisation is exclusively a "white western" thing. When facts and history are pointed out to them, especially the Arab slave trade, they lose all their faculties and start crying and screaming. It gets in the way of their narrative.

Anyway, have people heard the story about that Muslim woman being set on fire in New York City? The chatter about the story seemed to die down immediately after it was revealed the suspect is black. CJ Werleman was primed to blame new atheists and white supremacists for the attack. He must be gutted.
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_ ... 1-0912.jpg

"The suspect is...male. Average height. Average weight. Totally normal in every way."

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: I guess first up at a high level, what's the difference between FileMaker and say Access. I assume it has a client/server architecture, better web facing tools, plug-ins and, I guess, it's own security layer?
Unlike Access, Filemaker is functional.

But seriously, Access is a long run for a short slide. It requires the programming effort of a SQL DB but delivers shittier performance than Excel. (I would, and have, fallen back on Excel instead of getting the migraine from Access.) It was MS saying, 'holy shit, we have no footprint in this market!' then tasking some H1-B to crap out a piece of worthless shit. Which they can sell millions of copies of, because they're MS.

FM is relational, and easy to set up relations and portals. Scripting is a breeze, as is field creation & modification. It comes loaded with pre-fab templates and the layout tools are easy & powerful.
Does it really compete with other development options for web based apps?
I never used FM for web apps. With the server module, it worked quite well for in-house multi-user DBs.
What are the requirements for hosting a custom app - ie what servers and server apps and licensing is the end user up for?
FM Server, and enough license keys to cover your max # simultaneous users.

How big is the online business community - ie is its user base up, down or flatline? Would it be considered a niche risk for a small to medium organisation (say 100 seats).
I don't have any figures. But it seems fairly ubiquitous. I worked for two large SQL DB companies, and FM was used a lot for in-house stuff. But I'd say small to medium companies are FM's target audience. If it's too small for SQL, and too big for Excel, then FM is the ticket for ease of DB creation, versatility, and user interface.
Matt is spot on with all of this.

Microsoft Access seems to be the tool most people who have a degree of database savvy know, but it's *agonizingly* slow on a dataset of any size. (And frankly not all that great even on smaller datasets.) I've often wondered what the hell it's doing when it's sitting there spinning, and believe me, it affords you plenty of time to wonder.

The workflow for almost everything is very rigid, and makes life miserable for anyone who knows anything beyond the basics.

Back in the early days FM used to run on top of a flat text file, which was also agonizingly slow, but they switched to some sort of relational DB many years ago, and that fixed the performance problems.

The main issue with FM is cost. It's the solution of choice for small to medium sized DB applications, but only if you can afford the necessary licenses. If you can't then you're stuck with using open source. That said, the right freeware web app on top of freeware DB like MySQL and a GUI DB manager like Navicat can take you a long way.

blitzem

Post by blitzem »

Better listen to her, cause she's a Ph.D!!

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

blitzem wrote: Better listen to her, cause she's a Ph.D!!
She also claims to be a historian. Unfortunately, I'm detecting something of...oh, I dunno, a certain 'tour-de-force' about her performance. I suspect she may have avid fans, stretching from Hong Kong to Poland, or some shite like that.
Still, she's probably a right norty mare between the sheets, so I'll give her that.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Two days prior, another incident was reported in Brooklyn where two Muslim women were allegedly attacked while pushing their babies in strollers. Police said the suspect yelled anti-Muslim sentiments at the women such as “get the f*ck out of America, you don’t belong here” and said they are “not supposed to be different from us.”

Emirjeta Xhelili, 32, allegedly tried to remove the hijab from the women while striking their heads, and at one point, tipped over the stroller and attacked the children. Neither child suffered serious injuries in the attack. Xhelili was later charged with assault, reckless endangerment of a child, and harassment. She is scheduled to appear in court Wednesday and her bail has been set at $50,000.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 39281.html

Emirjeta Xhelili sounds like a red-neck to me. Probably an atheist neck-beard who's into videogames.

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

Tigzy wrote:
She also claims to be a historian. Unfortunately, I'm detecting something of...oh, I dunno, a certain 'tour-de-force' about her performance. I suspect she may have avid fans, stretching from Hong Kong to Poland, or some shite like that.
Still, she's probably a right norty mare between the sheets, so I'll give her that.
A "historian" who was unaware of the Cuban Holocaust. Something I learned about in public grade school. In Oklahoma.

I think you meant tour-de-farce.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

BoxNDox wrote:
A "historian" who was unaware of the Cuban Holocaust. Something I learned about in public grade school. In Oklahoma.

Oklahoma schools have since declined. My kids know nothing of reconcentrado, alas.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

d4m10n wrote:
BoxNDox wrote:

Oklahoma schools have since declined. My kids know nothing of reconcentrado, alas.
The very idea that you can rely on public (or even most private) education is laughable anymore.

Any history they do teach is whitewashed bullshit that celebrates the noble savage myth, minimizes any good things civilization has wrought and buries and nuance in a wave a feelz.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Fashion report: Obama shut down the Upper East Side today. Which took the heat off my employer for building a structure which extends two-lanes into a major avenue, to hold a runway show. Employer accidently posted the Press invitation to social media, so good luck sorting out legit guests from anyone with an internet connection & a printer. Im likely to cross paths with Kanye tomorrow. To quote my wife*, texting from an art opening, a few years ago: "Kanye West is here. I want to knee him in the balls."

(Ive decided to be a complete psycho & stop calling her my ex. fuck it. It's wife, present tense.)

180.4 lbs. Sunburnt from dealing with angry vulture crones who resent a construction site making them cross the street, all day. Back in black suit tomorrow. 3 more days of this madness, for me.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Service Dog wrote:Fashion report: Obama shut down the Upper East Side today. Which took the heat off my employer for building a structure which extends two-lanes into a major avenue, to hold a runway show. Employer accidently posted the Press invitation to social media, so good luck sorting out legit guests from anyone with an internet connection & a printer. Im likely to cross paths with Kanye tomorrow. To quote my wife*, texting from an art opening, a few years ago: "Kanye West is here. I want to knee him in the balls."

(Ive decided to be a complete psycho & stop calling her my ex. fuck it. It's wife, present tense.)

180.4 lbs. Sunburnt from dealing with angry vulture crones who resent a construction site making them cross the street, all day. Back in black suit tomorrow. 3 more days of this madness, for me.
Keep it up agent SD, we're all counting on the Men in Black this mess under control. :sci-fi-robot: :sci-fi-robot: :sci-fi-robot:

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
d4m10n wrote:
BoxNDox wrote:

The very idea that you can rely on public (or even most private) education is laughable anymore.

Any history they do teach is whitewashed bullshit that celebrates the noble savage myth, minimizes any good things civilization has wrought and buries and nuance in a wave a feelz.
Ah, but that's precisely why you wouldn't want to leave out the Cuban Holocaust. The Spanish American War is practically local history and a Spanish massacre fits right in to a simplistic narrative about the saintly United States saving the poor Cuba from the nasty Spanish after the dastardly attack on the Maine.

No mention of sugar interests of course.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

to keep :music-headbanger:

Wild Zontargs

Post by Wild Zontargs »

Godfrey Elfwick, you had a good run, but it's time to pass the trophy for Most Epic Troll to Jared Taylor Swift.

See, Godfrey got on the BBC, but Jared has thrown a spanner into the United States Presidential Election.

The world woke up this morning to see Hillary Clinton shitting her pants over Pepe the Frog. Yes, this Pepe the Frog.
Why is there a frog standing directly behind Trump?

That’s Pepe. He’s a symbol associated with white supremacy.

Wait. Really? White supremacy?

That’s right.

Please explain.

Here’s the short version: Pepe is a cartoon frog who began his internet life as an innocent meme enjoyed by teenagers and pop stars alike.

But in recent months, Pepe’s been almost entirely co-opted by the white supremacists who call themselves the “alt-right.” They’ve decided to take back Pepe by adding swastikas and other symbols of anti-semitism and white supremacy.

“We basically mixed Pepe in with Nazi propaganda, etc. We built that association,” one prominent white supremacist told the Daily Beast.
Wait, "prominent white supremacist"? Who? The one interviewed by The Daily Beast:
@JaredTSwift is an anonymous white nationalist who claims to be 19 years old and in school someplace on the West Coast. He told me there is “an actual campaign to reclaim Pepe from normies.”

[...]

“We basically mixed Pepe in with Nazi propaganda, etc. We built that association,” @JaredTSwift said.

[...]

“Most memes are ephemeral by nature, but Pepe is not,” @JaredTSwift told me. “He’s a reflection of our souls, to most of us. It’s disgusting to see people (‘normies,’ if you will) use him so trivially. He belongs to us. And we’ll make him toxic if we have to.”

@JaredTSwift said some of the support for Trump was in jest, but for most of his cohorts, it’s sincere. He even claimed to have voted for Trump in the primary himself, wherever it is he lives, and said he’d vote for him in the general, too.

“In a sense, we’ve managed to push white nationalism into a very mainstream position,” he said. “Trump’s online support has been crucial to his success, I believe, and the fact is that his biggest and most devoted online supporters are white nationalists. Now, we’ve pushed the Overton window. People have adopted our rhetoric, sometimes without even realizing it. We’re setting up for a massive cultural shift.”
Well, let's look at @JaredTSwift on Twitter, shall we? Particularly the bio.

https://i.sli.mg/UwDYH5.png

"*PARODY ACCOUNT*" Oh dear.
Let's have a big round of applause for Jared Taylor Swift, Presidential Troll Extraordinaire.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

A Hungarian truckdriver colorfully narrates as he drives the last 6km approaching the Calais port. (subtitles)

blitzem

Post by blitzem »

Tigzy wrote:
Well, it does help the spice up the fun if you have a little crazy beside you. :angry-screaming:

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

fuzzy wrote:A Hungarian truckdriver colorfully narrates as he drives the last 6km approaching the Calais port. (subtitles)

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=382njADcWvE[/youtube]

That truly is epic. I love the shitty techno playing in the background.

For those like me that don't keep up with a lot of news England is building a wall for this.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/trump ... ce-n645571

This is an area where I actually have first hand experience. When I was driving a truck a lot of my time was spent near the border of Mexico and there are similar issues. I don't know how trucks are set up in Europe but you can padlock your trailer in the US. In fact you should. They also make plastic security bands. They are basically numbered zip ties. You write the number on your bill of laden, they match up and it proves the trailer was never opened.

Anyway I have been stopped plenty of times by border patrol. They always look for that security band. Seems like this would fix a lot of these issues.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Thanks for the Access vs FM comments.

I've used Access in a monogamous fashion since 1993. I remember excitedly benchmarking it against a 486DX66 vs a P75 and a P90.

Mostly I've used it as a RDP for our SQL CRM to fill functional gaps via attached tables. Also liked it like a son. And now every E3 O365 licence gets it instead of having to bypass Pro with cheating via Citrix published Apps.

:naughty:

That said, the FM blonde at the bar caught my eye these past couple of days - especially the Go! iPad functionality. Hmmm. Can you attach ODBC tables ?

At Brisbane airport. Bwahahahah - they are PAing warning to ensure all Samsungs are switched off while onboard and not to be charged.

Couldn't buy publicity like that.

feathers

Post by feathers »

And then the mango chutney... downright culinary appropriation! I cant even

feathers

Post by feathers »

Tigzy wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: But yeah, can you imagine him flirting with the ladies? Comedy gold.
"Madam, you may consider me forward but I view you as something of a gander and myself as Mr Goose. It should also be noted Mr Goose comes - if you'll pardon the expression - with a great deal of sauce. I am, you might say, 'saucy Mr Goose'. I expect you are as familiar as I with the idiom, 'sauce for the goose, sauce for the gander,' so I also expect you can see the central premise of my flirtation with you. So, to speak - would madam Gander care to partake of Mr Goose's sauce? Mm? Mm?"
I wonder, teenagers already use lolspeak in spoken conversation, but how does one insert Tweets?

feathers

Post by feathers »

blitzem wrote:
Better listen to her, cause she's a Ph.D!!
I mean, what did the British empire ever do for us?

Well, importing delicious foods.

And... saving us from the Germans.

Twice.

But apart from the delicacies, saving us from the Germans, and again, what did they do for us?

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

This is a transcript of the speech by Lionel Shriver that caused poor Yassmin's Abdel-Mageid to have an attack of the vapours last week. It's an excellent read, IMHO.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Pauline Hanson came to Parliament's lower house many years back (for a term) on the basis that Australia was about to be swamped by Asians.

Ridiculous stuff as any resident of Chatswood would tell you.

Now she is back on an equally ridiculous anti Moslem stance. So ridiculous her "one nation" party only managed 4 senate seats making it second to the Greens as the biggest non labor/liberal party and thus crucial to the liberals if they want to pass bills.

Here is part of her "I'm back" speech:

If it would be of any help, I'll take you to the airport and wave you goodbye with sincere best wishes."

Senator Hanson said she welcomed "from the bottom of my heart" immigrants who "assimilated".

"Why then has Islam and its teachings had such an impact on Australia, like no other religion?

"Islam sees itself as a theocracy, Islam does not believe in democracy, freedom of speech, freedom of the press, or freedom of assembly.

"… Australia is now seeing changes in suburbs predominately Muslim. Tolerance towards other Australians is no longer the case. Our law courts are disrespected and our prisons have become breeding grounds for Muslims to radicalise inmates.

"Muslims are imprisoned at almost three times the average rate. The rate of unemployed and public dependency is two to three times greater than the national average.

"Muslims are prominent in organised crime with associated violence and drug dealing.

"Anti-social behaviour is rampant, fuelled by hyper-masculine and misogynist culture. Multiple social surveys find that neighbours of Muslim settlements are suffering from collapsing social cohesion and fear of crime.

"Australians in general are more fearful."

It was then that the Greens senators left the chamber.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

KiwiInOz wrote:This is a transcript of the speech by Lionel Shriver that caused poor Yassmin's Abdel-Mageid to have an attack of the vapours last week. It's an excellent read, IMHO.
Excellent read indeed! She totally nails it.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:This is a transcript of the speech by Lionel Shriver that caused poor Yassmin's Abdel-Mageid to have an attack of the vapours last week. It's an excellent read, IMHO.
Excellent read indeed! She totally nails it.
The money shot sentence for me was:
"I wasn’t instinctively inclined to insert a transvestite or bisexual ... "

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

Ape+lust wrote:ConcentratedH20, you're a good soul and a good friend.

I'll have everyone here squirming and retching if I say more :D

Thank you so much.

LET'S MOSH!

May I echo Ch20's words and further add, if there was a way for me to impregnate you with my own mediocre seed to create little Ape-babies, I would. Because.

#NoHomo

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Søren Lilholt wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:ConcentratedH20, you're a good soul and a good friend.

I'll have everyone here squirming and retching if I say more :D

Thank you so much.

LET'S MOSH!

May I echo Ch20's words and further add, if there was a way for me to impregnate you with my own mediocre seed to create little Ape-babies, I would. Because.

#NoHomo
I have already turned gay for Ape. Well worth it.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The salient rhetorical question is:

"If Yassmin could have deplatformed Lionel ..... "

Keating

Post by Keating »

Brive1987 wrote:Pauline Hanson came to Parliament's lower house many years back (for a term) on the basis that Australia was about to be swamped by Asians.

Ridiculous stuff as any resident of Chatswood would tell you.

Now she is back on an equally ridiculous anti Moslem stance. So ridiculous her "one nation" party only managed 4 senate seats making it second to the Greens as the biggest non labor/liberal party and thus crucial to the liberals if they want to pass bills.

If it would be of any help, I'll take you to the airport and wave you goodbye with sincere best wishes."

Senator Hanson said she welcomed "from the bottom of my heart" immigrants who "assimilated".

"Why then has Islam and its teachings had such an impact on Australia, like no other religion?

"Islam sees itself as a theocracy, Islam does not believe in democracy, freedom of speech, freedom of the press, or freedom of assembly.

"… Australia is now seeing changes in suburbs predominately Muslim. Tolerance towards other Australians is no longer the case. Our law courts are disrespected and our prisons have become breeding grounds for Muslims to radicalise inmates.

"Muslims are imprisoned at almost three times the average rate. The rate of unemployed and public dependency is two to three times greater than the national average.

"Muslims are prominent in organised crime with associated violence and drug dealing.

"Anti-social behaviour is rampant, fuelled by hyper-masculine and misogynist culture. Multiple social surveys find that neighbours of Muslim settlements are suffering from collapsing social cohesion and fear of crime.

"Australians in general are more fearful."

It was then that the Greens senators left the chamber.
Oh god. I'd have given my right testicle if she had a section in her speech about how she cares about the unique Australian environment, and how zero immigration would help fight urban sprawl and habitat destruction and, due to less resource usage, help fight runaway climate change. If that part began just as the Greens were leaving, she could have my left one as well.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Probably been mentioned before. A UK dude who faked a conversion to Islam to hajji

Very interesting eye opener.

Part 1 of 3 http://www.wnd.com/2015/03/the-story-of ... -in-mecca/

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

comhcinc wrote:
fuzzy wrote:A Hungarian truckdriver colorfully narrates as he drives the last 6km approaching the Calais port. (subtitles)

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=382njADcWvE[/youtube]

That truly is epic. I love the shitty techno playing in the background.

For those like me that don't keep up with a lot of news England is building a wall for this.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/trump ... ce-n645571

This is an area where I actually have first hand experience. When I was driving a truck a lot of my time was spent near the border of Mexico and there are similar issues. I don't know how trucks are set up in Europe but you can padlock your trailer in the US. In fact you should. They also make plastic security bands. They are basically numbered zip ties. You write the number on your bill of laden, they match up and it proves the trailer was never opened.

Anyway I have been stopped plenty of times by border patrol. They always look for that security band. Seems like this would fix a lot of these issues.
Such seals are mandatory on trucks crossing the channel, but they can be cut. A clever trick is to cut the braided wire that ties down the canvas sides of a truck, and when stowaways have climbed in, their assistants outside will splice the wire and melt its plastic outer coat to hide the cut. The driver gets fined for each stowaway found, so they have every reason to be careful. The big problem is that when stowaways are caught, they are released back to the jungle camp and they will be trying again tomorrow. France takes no measures to arrest, detain or deport these people (and probably sees a successful trip to the UK as a good way of getting rid of them). I can't imagine what crime rates are like among the locals living around that area of Calais - there must be burglaries and thefts all the time.

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

Another classic from the ever-great Doctor:-

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

In his recent post, PZ reveals that his true love is history. Turkish history.

But he wistfully explains he can never go to Istanbul. You see, he would be compelled to wage atheistic war on the ex-caliphate.
But anyway, I’ve always wanted to visit Istanbul. I doubt it will ever happen, especially with the sectarian nastiness emerging among some Turks (I wouldn’t be able to shut my face about the nonexistence of any gods, which might get me into trouble)
:fpig:

Pseudomonas

Post by Pseudomonas »

Brive1987 wrote:Pauline Hanson came to Parliament's lower house many years back (for a term) on the basis that Australia was about to be swamped by Asians.

[snip]

[Hanson's wittering snipped]
Why does she always sound like she's just about to burst into tears? Did the nasty muslim frighten her...

Pseudomonas

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Brive1987 wrote:In his recent post, PZ reveals that his true love is history. Turkish history.

But he wistfully explains he can never go to Istanbul. You see, he would be compelled to wage atheistic war on the ex-caliphate.
But anyway, I’ve always wanted to visit Istanbul. I doubt it will ever happen, especially with the sectarian nastiness emerging among some Turks (I wouldn’t be able to shut my face about the nonexistence of any gods, which might get me into trouble)

I think real PZ is confusing himself with online PZ the fearless keyboard warrior.

Meatspace PZ would probably cow tow when the call to prayer came.( to avoid causing an unpleasant scene)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Busted

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

She looks bossy.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Brive1987 wrote:She looks bossy.
Haider is a total boss.
The erstwhile organizers must be literally quivering with outrage.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Spike13 wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:In his recent post, PZ reveals that his true love is history. Turkish history.

I think real PZ is confusing himself with online PZ the fearless keyboard warrior.

Meatspace PZ would probably cow tow when the call to prayer came.( to avoid causing an unpleasant scene)
It's OK PZ, just watch digitally remastered Midnight Express.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Concentration camps in the Boer War? I knew that sounded familiar: