Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
discuss among yourselves.
Fuck off with that shit, you cunt.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

free thoughtpolice wrote:[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82MpOotYG08[/youtube]
The title is misleading. The shoe comes off but nothing happens.

Also it looks like Egyptian knock off of Paul Finebaum.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Corey Feldman, the greatness starts around 1:50:

biblia

Post by biblia »

Does it come with subtitles?

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

That Irish man was a beautiful thing.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

katamari Damassi wrote:Finally been able to watch Jonathon Strange and Mr. Norrel. The casting has been perfect except for the Man with the Thistle Down Hair, who is trying too hard for creepy when in the novel he just gave off an exuberantly weird vibe and was only frightening in his irrationality and unpredictability.
Eddie Marson is a superb actor, whether playing a 19th C magician, an abusive husband or a boxing promoter with Parkinson's.

Guest_935516df

Post by Guest_935516df »

MacGruberKnows wrote:Corey Feldman, the greatness starts around 1:50
The dance moves and costumes just might have worked with much darker choreographed stage lighting.

However I am afraid that nothing could have saved the singing, lyrics or playing abilities.

-Soylent f98

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Pffft!

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Ok, just posted this because David Bowie. Fuck, am I depressed now!

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Kirbmarc wrote:
You already had a shameless opportunist prime minister who sold out the laïcité for a few votes:
Though the French State is secular, in recent years the government has tried to organize a representation of the French Muslims. In 2002, the then Interior Minister Nicolas Sarkozy initiated the creation of a "French Council of the Muslim Faith" (Conseil Français du Culte Musulman – CFCM), though wide criticism claimed this would only encourage communitarianism.
Nicolas Sarkozy's views on laïcité have been widely criticized by left- and right-wing members of parliament; more specifically, he was accused, during the creation of the CFCM, of favoring the more extreme sectors of Muslim representation in the Council, in particular the UOIF.
Sarkò has already made a deal with the devil (the Salafis). Never trust "councils" or "community leaders" in muslim communities, they're basically all Salafis.
Sarkozy is an asshat. Fucking religious cunt, profiteer, what have you.

And the clown is going to try and run for the next elections. Really, you have to laugh.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Shatterface wrote:
Eddie Marson is a superb actor, whether playing a 19th C magician, an abusive husband or a boxing promoter with Parkinson's.
I'm sure that true - but it sounds like he does not have much range.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Sarkozy is an asshat. Fucking religious cunt, profiteer, what have you.

And the clown is going to try and run for the next elections. Really, you have to laugh.
Maybe you'll get a woman president.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

paddybrown wrote:In other news, got the keys to my new house yesterday. This is my new back yard:

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=58764AA5
It's not bad for an old shed, Paddy. But it doesn't look very fast.

http://i.imgur.com/D122LFl.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-yo ... e-37401398

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Keating wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Sarkozy is an asshat. Fucking religious cunt, profiteer, what have you.

If it's the one I'm thinking about, I'd rather have another Sarkozy.

feathers

Post by feathers »

deLurch wrote:I think at some point a while ago Silverman made a post arguing that he needs a good solid pay check otherwise valuable people like him would be better off going back to work in programming. But wouldn't that same argument of giving people a good solid pay check also apply to his other staff? Not according to those 990 forms.
The fact that he's 'valuable' as a programmer does not automatically make him 'valuable' to an atheist nonprofit, or they might's well try their luck buying a director from Goldman Sachs.

And the income numbers show his value is rather limited, to put it mildly.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Islam Request

My son would like to have me believe that all Muslims are lovers of peace and western ideals with the problem confined to a "few extremists"

Does anyone have the link dump to Islam sentiment surveys handy please?

:pray:

feathers

Post by feathers »

Keating wrote:

Angéla Mercules?

feathers

Post by feathers »

Brive1987 wrote:Islam Request

My son would like to have me believe that all Muslims are lovers of peace and western ideals with the problem confined to a "few extremists"

Give him that three-part story about a western snitch on Hajj from the WND for starters.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

You could put him touch with Dr. S. Teersman.

He's available on twitter, I believe.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Ha, ha he gave that to me!

His argument is that Mid East Islam is an outlier for general Islam. And I guess Pakistan and Afgan and .....

I'd like to slap him around with the U.K. / Europe surveys.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/page ... polls.aspx

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Just give him a good slap. If he complains, slap him again while yelling allahu ackbar. That should do the trick.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Brive1987 wrote:Ha, ha he gave that to me!

His argument is that Mid East Islam is an outlier for general Islam. And I guess Pakistan and Afgan and .....

Send him to Indonesia.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Keating wrote:

Send him to Indonesia.
In a dress.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

I'ts the majority, not the outlier. And that's bullshit. Huge swaths of European muslims support terrorist attacks in the West and support the primacy of Sharia law.

And I've seen that in the US on a personal basis. When I was getting divorced a muslim man tried to pull that BS and get the settlement 'his way' IAW with Sharia law in front of the wrong judge. He spent the weekend in jail for contempt and the judge let him know that either he followed the rules of the State of Tennessee or he was going to spend a lot of time in jail for contempt.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Or you can send him up to us. He will have a nice couch to sleep on, French, Italian and Polish food, and he'll be able to experience multiculturalism first hand when I send him down to the grocer.

He'll be back home with a different idea of muslims for sure.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

My wife almost popped a vein as she is more .... ummmm ..... on the Trump end of the spectrum.

Son is very good at languages and doing very well with second year Arabic at Uni as a part of his degree. So of course he knows it all.

Thanks for the link btw. More the merrier.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Or you can send him up to us. He will have a nice couch to sleep on, French, Italian and Polish food, and he'll be able to experience multiculturalism first hand when I send him down to the grocer.

Between the Polish, Arabic, reading French and euro-focus, I don't think you would get rid of him. I would like him to meet some of the Moroccans I met in country in the 1980s. I was traveling with a Canadian girl and she got treated like shit to the point that we exited the place after just over a week.

biblia

Post by biblia »

for Phil, a special French snowflake in kiwistan. Hope this works, haven't tried links before. old lady mumble mumble.http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/artic ... d=11712840

biblia

Post by biblia »

Also, Islamist attack in St Cloud? Seriously, white bread St Cloud? Stuff has turned to ,um, mumble s word, mumble, if there really are islamists there. I have never been anti immigration before, but I find this frightening. I have family in the Twin cities. Full disclosure, I'm an immigrant myself, I live and work in an ethnically diverse community .I have a coworker who I see as an honorary daughter, who wears a hijab. I don't know what to think. You guys are great. Hope you will respond with I, dunno, stuff.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

feathers wrote:
deLurch wrote:I think at some point a while ago Silverman made a post arguing that he needs a good solid pay check otherwise valuable people like him would be better off going back to work in programming. But wouldn't that same argument of giving people a good solid pay check also apply to his other staff? Not according to those 990 forms.
The fact that he's 'valuable' as a programmer does not automatically make him 'valuable' to an atheist nonprofit, or they might's well try their luck buying a director from Goldman Sachs.

The argument isn't completely baseless. It's much the same as the one made for spending more on teacher salaries for science depts. because the people who have the skills you need are also in-demand in the private sector, and if you're not willing to compete with the pay those guys are offering you end up with volleyball coaches teaching evomolushuns.

That said, there's no clear skillset overlap between a programmer and a nonprofit director. And it's very fair to point out that if Silverman wants to be seen as "valuable," he needs to create some value already.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Brive1987 wrote:My wife almost popped a vein as she is more .... ummmm ..... on the Trump end of the spectrum.

Son is very good at languages and doing very well with second year Arabic at Uni as a part of his degree. So of course he knows it all.
So when is he going on (hopefully pretend) hajj?

Dave

Post by Dave »

feathers wrote:

At least a Director from GS would know how to raise money.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

comslave wrote:
sp0tlight wrote:Fountain pens are awesome. Dogs are, too. Together?

https://i.imgur.com/Kpcbcve.jpg

full album:
Dog art. Open a gallery.
Pieter BEAGLE the Elder?

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

Brive1987 wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Or you can send him up to us. He will have a nice couch to sleep on, French, Italian and Polish food, and he'll be able to experience multiculturalism first hand when I send him down to the grocer.

Between the Polish, Arabic, reading French and euro-focus, I don't think you would get rid of him. I would like him to meet some of the Moroccans I met in country in the 1980s. I was traveling with a Canadian girl and she got treated like shit to the point that we exited the place after just over a week.
You should have treated her better, Brive. :twatson:

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Here is an interesting statistic.
According to a study released this week in The Archives of Sexual Behavior, 81.75% of transgender people questioned suffered from some type of physical aggression during their lifetime,
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/danthropol ... -lifetime/
http://www.agenciasinc.es/en/News/Trans ... rimination

Personally I am surprised that the percentage is not higher. And that number probably strongly correlates with what gender normative people experience in their lifetime. I mean who hasn't experienced that? Children without siblings? Bubble Boy?

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Anyone feels like picturing Myers as a sexual entity?

I don't.
According to his own psychobabble confessions about his own body shame, the closest I can tell is that he thinks he's gone so far past the end of the physical spectrum of ugliness that he's actually become irresistibly adorable.

Hey, it worked for Charles Bronson.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/23 ... 9a4d45.jpg

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Hunt wrote:

I don't.
According to his own psychobabble confessions about his own body shame, the closest I can tell is that he thinks he's gone so far past the end of the physical spectrum of ugliness that he's actually become irresistibly adorable.

http://cdn.smosh.com/sites/default/file ... -right.jpg

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Circumcise him.

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
comslave wrote:
sp0tlight wrote:Fountain pens are awesome. Dogs are, too. Together?

https://i.imgur.com/Kpcbcve.jpg

full album:
Dog art. Open a gallery.
Pieter BEAGLE the Elder?
Looks like a mutt with access to fountain pen ink walked all over Tuvok's face LOL

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Circumcise him.
...dooon't criticiiiize him...

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Hunt wrote:

I don't.

Charles Bronson had tons of charisma, though, which Myers lacks. It's not a matter of how ugly you are, it's a matter of how confident and charismatic you are. Casanova was ugly, and his name is synonym with sexual success. Henry Kissinger was unbelievably ugly (he looked like a troll doll) and he dated some of the most beautiful women in Washington (including Jill St John, a former model). Serge Gainsbourg looked like an ape and he had sex with Brigitte Bardot, one of the most beautiful women of her time.

For a man good looks surely help, and help a lot, but aren't necessary. And Peezie isn't even so unbelievably ugly, he's just a schlub. He's not very good looking, but what makes him look ever worse are his scruffy beard, the fact that he dresses like he's straight out of Revenge of the Nerds and (let's admit it) the fact that he's overweight. If he lost a few pounds, groomed himself better and learn how to dress he could look respectable. He's never going to be a sex symbol but he's not monstrously ugly, either. Maybe when he was young he looked pretty average, and could have had more success if he were more confident, but I've seen much worse looking people with little to no confidence and many other unattractive psychological qualities get lucky from time to time, because of the law of averages if nothing else.

The most unattractive things about Peezus are his bitterness, his whining disguised as humble self-deprecation, his assholery and his impotent rage. I'm guessing that this is why he had such a hard time finding someone who liked him, but even he eventually married and had a daughter. And hey, maybe he's actually less bitter and hateful in person. Maybe he's one of those persons who deal with their asshole parts by putting them on the Internet, or maybe he's just too blinded by his radfem ideology. I've never met him, so I don't really know.

What I know is that his "poor little ugly me" shtick is getting annoying, and it looks more and more like a way to get virtual hugs from the horde and shake his virtual fist against the Evil Misogynists.

Ah, actually there is something about Peezie which is unattractive to the vast majority of potential partners: his love for tentacles and sea slugs who give a "real vulva feel". If he brought that up in high school I can understand why he was unpopular and struggled to get a date.

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
paddybrown wrote:In other news, got the keys to my new house yesterday. This is my new back yard:

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=58764AA5
It's not bad for an old shed, Paddy. But it doesn't look very fast.

http://i.imgur.com/D122LFl.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-yo ... e-37401398
If my shed was like that one I'd leave the keys in the ignition and the doors unlocked in the hope that someone would drive off with it. I was actually looking forward to having a shed - I've never had a shed before - but the previous owner's junk must have been all that was holding it up. It's been cleared and is now leaning alarmingly - what my dad called a "listed building" - so I'm going to have to dismantle it before it falls down.

The full-length wardrobe in the bedroom will also need dismantled. It's one of those ones with sliding doors, only the rails are so knackered I can't get it open. On the plus side though, the previous owner did leave me the fridge, cooker and washing machine, and a single bed in the spare bedroom - I assumed I was going to need to buy those.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

New York bombing suspect named as Ahmad Khan Rahami

Motivation still a mystery.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co ... ent=safari

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

biblia wrote:Also, Islamist attack in St Cloud? Seriously, white bread St Cloud? Stuff has turned to ,um, mumble s word, mumble, if there really are islamists there. I have never been anti immigration before, but I find this frightening. I have family in the Twin cities. Full disclosure, I'm an immigrant myself, I live and work in an ethnically diverse community .I have a coworker who I see as an honorary daughter, who wears a hijab. I don't know what to think. You guys are great. Hope you will respond with I, dunno, stuff.
Go back to Mexico!

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

Remember the wonderful faces of London's BLM protest? Trigger warning, it's DailyMail, but it's wonderfully bitter,

http://archive.is/cJbof

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

comhcinc wrote:Go back to Mexico!
I would gladly go to Mexico for a few weeks, the weather starts to fade out and shift into Autumn.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Kirbmarc wrote:Serge Gainsbourg looked like an ape and he had sex with Brigitte Bardot, one of the most beautiful women of her time.
And with his daughter in a film.

But only after he'd done Jane Birkin.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Fuck off with that shit, you cunt.
How would you like a good shoeing dickshroom? :evil:

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

biblia wrote:Also, Islamist attack in St Cloud? Seriously, white bread St Cloud? Stuff has turned to ,um, mumble s word, mumble, if there really are islamists there. I have never been anti immigration before, but I find this frightening. I have family in the Twin cities. Full disclosure, I'm an immigrant myself, I live and work in an ethnically diverse community .I have a coworker who I see as an honorary daughter, who wears a hijab. I don't know what to think. You guys are great. Hope you will respond with I, dunno, stuff.
Next to Dearborn, Michigan, the Twin Cities of Minnesota has one of the highest concentrations of muslims in the US. I mention this because the number of religious extremists is not a fixed proportion of the religious people. The proportion that will be extremist is usually higher when the base rate of following the religion in question is higher for the area. In other words, a sort of critical mass from the religion is required to start seeing extremists.

Not at all surprising me, therefore, that this happen in the Twin Cities. (The crazies from Dearborn usually get on planes and go "play" in Nigeria, Somalia, Yemen, or some other hell-hole, instead.)

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Internet Aristocrat is back as Mr. Metokur, but instead of taking on SJW's he's talking about weird fetishists. I liked his Hugbox Chronicles but I don't care about Furry Babykins unless they're trying to turn their fetish into an identity and gain protected class status, or infiltrate groups I like and make them all about Furry Babykinism. Why pick fights with random weirdos?

Dave

Post by Dave »

Shatterface wrote:New York bombing suspect named as Ahmad Khan Rahami

Motivation still a mystery.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co ... ent=safari
He was striking a blow for the preservation of the Oxford comma.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

sp0tlight wrote:Remember the wonderful faces of London's BLM protest? Trigger warning, it's DailyMail, but it's wonderfully bitter,

http://archive.is/cJbof
Heh. Not unexpected. Still, I must take issue with the DM labelling these turnips as middle class. Natalie Geraldine Twisleton-Wykeham-Fiennes, for instance, is a member of the Fiennes clan, who are Norman old money. Basically, she's so upper class, she's posher than the queen.

Still, carry on lecturing the rest of us about privilege, luv - be it white or otherwise. She's speaking from a metric shit-ton of experience, after all.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

katamari Damassi wrote:Internet Aristocrat is back as Mr. Metokur, but instead of taking on SJW's he's talking about weird fetishists. I liked his Hugbox Chronicles but I don't care about Furry Babykins unless they're trying to turn their fetish into an identity and gain protected class status, or infiltrate groups I like and make them all about Furry Babykinism. Why pick fights with random weirdos?
He has been back over a year. It's all about the lolz with that guy. You get the most enjoyment if you also follow his twitter cause the subject of his videos often engage him there.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

There are high percentages of mental illness documented in the Somali community that has been attributed to the stress of decades of war . Likely, you would expect this in other populations like the Afghans as well. Take that, mix it with trying to adapt to a foreign culture and then add the militaristic elements of islam and it shouldn't be too surprising that this happens from time to time.

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

Tigzy wrote:Natalie Geraldine Twisleton-Wykeham-Fiennes
You don't get four fucking surnames just by being a decent middle-class engineer, that's certain.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Billie from Ockham wrote: Next to Dearborn, Michigan, the Twin Cities of Minnesota has one of the highest concentrations of muslims in the US
12?

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

A mind-stopping -ism trifecta. I guess they're giving Hillary the go-ahead to finish her campaign unconscious and propped on a stick.

http://imgur.com/Qkq9LmX.jpg

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

comhcinc wrote:He has been back over a year. It's all about the lolz with that guy. You get the most enjoyment if you also follow his twitter cause the subject of his videos often engage him there.
I'm actually OK with him taking of DaviantArt weirdos. It's amusing without being harmful to anyone. He hinted me to existence of Evil Scientist Jacoob who made white devils, since then I explored the pits of black supremacy and it made me happy, because it means we're really the same, we have our own idiots and their idiots are of the same caliber.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakub_(Nation_of_Islam)