The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
Kirbmarc

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote:Yeah. Who gives a shit about Princip. If not him then someone else.
Quite frankly, yes. He was one of a band of doofuses (one of which tried to drown himself in a 13 cm deep river :lol: ) who got lucky. Franz Ferdinand's motorcade wasn't even supposed to pass before him.

Nobody gave a fuck about him after World War I was declared. He died almost four years later, alone in a cell and forgotten by pretty much everyone. Even today only the Serbs cite him in passing as a hero, but his house was destroyed and they're not rebuilding it.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

It all seems so obvious now. One doesn't fly with one's California-legal-only stash. I'll bet zir was ripe for some conference attendee to invite her outside upstairs over to the Econolodge for a coffee d00b13.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Yeah, I had a personal online exchange with Watson years back. To say she was both insulting and arrogant would be an understatement. Pissed me off a tad. And I do feel for people that get involved with people like Watson. They are usually just as destructive in their personal relationships as they are in their public personas. It's easy to get sucked in by superficial charm and then pay dearly later.

But I think we should cool it down. Various personal matters may be attaching themselves to this exchange.

yomomma

Post by yomomma »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:Yeah, I had a personal online exchange with Watson years back. To say she was both insulting and arrogant would be an understatement. Pissed me off a tad. And I do feel for people that get involved with people like Watson. They are usually just as destructive in their personal relationships as they are in their public personas. It's easy to get sucked in by superficial charm and then pay dearly later.

But I think we should cool it down. <snip>
No thanks.

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

If one cannot come to the Slymepit and mock Rebecca Twatson, then what is the point of living?

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

I wasn't paying attention to the scene back during the years when Shermer and elevators roamed the Earth, so when I read of these events back in history it's hard for me to get as mad at xie as you elder pitters gets seeing this sort of thing happen in real time. I can see the appeal of this young nerdish girl, still in there somewhere.
http://cdn0.dailydot.com/cache/2f/67/2f ... 04c5b4.jpg

yomomma

Post by yomomma »

dog puke wrote:If one cannot come to the Slymepit and mock Rebecca Twatson, then what is the point of living?
Note: Move dog puke to like column

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Ape+lust wrote:It'll cost you $5 to act like a Nazi in Peez's vicinity. Or some silly shit like that.

http://imgur.com/uXmzWI3.jpg

http://archive.is/lwxsF
Haha! Has he put an angry red cross through 'North Star', as well as turning it upside down? Contemptible little slug, imagine the tugging he gave himself when he's done that!

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Another day, another white man bagged. Peez, the Good White Man and best apparatchik, scores again.

http://imgur.com/C6Yh2CQ.png

Is there anyone who doesn't already know Tom Hanks is an ebullient optimist?:

http://imgur.com/vrNtTi9.png

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/po ... hing-fine/

This reminds me of when Peez posted a warning that Chris Pratt is a conservative and a practicing Christian. There wasn't a point to it, he'd just found someone to hiss at.

CaptainFluffyBunny

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:It'll cost you $5 to act like a Nazi in Peez's vicinity. Or some silly shit like that.

Haha! Has he put an angry red cross through 'North Star', as well as turning it upside down? Contemptible little slug, imagine the tugging he gave himself when he's done that!
And yet he has hired a champion of free speech. I wonder if said champion is aware of his client's proclivities and stance on free speech. There ought to be a word for this kind of situation...

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Look at what's giving him wood right now:

http://imgur.com/EW1tZ24.jpg

http://archive.is/uEEOG

Never in your life, Peez. Not when you were 21 and certainly not while you are 59 :lol:

ConcentratedH2O, OM

For the first few lines, I thought Chigau was taking the piss out of his master.

Then he spoiled it with his voyeurism request.

http://i.imgur.com/VQKd0DG.png

And remember, Greta is always watching you...
http://i.imgur.com/wa368og.jpg

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

I'm all up for talking about the crash and burn of the baboon troupe members like Watson. If she hadn't already been happy to show what a crappy excuse for a human being she is I might feel about gloating about her downward spiral. But she is and I don't.
Engaging in speculation doesn't mean you aren't a skeptic and if you think it is a waste of time than just ignore it.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Karmakin wrote:Yeah, the divisiveness was never really Watson's fault. That said, I don't think the rift had to be THAT divisive...there always was a possibility for people to agree to disagree and keep things non-tribal, but things didn't play out that way at all. What's interesting is that I think theoretically po-mo beliefs should be more non-divisive and non-tribalistic, but it NEVER plays out that way. Which is why I think that the Po-Mo Critical stuff is basically an excuse for tribalism and elitism, rather than the tribalism and elitism coming from various conflicts.
I disagree. I think that the fundamental ideas of po-mo Critical stuff are divisive by nature. Giving power to "lived experiences" and making lists of "microaggressions" is divisive: people of any race, ethnicity, gender and sexuality are petty, carry grudges, act irrationally and are ready to blame anyone but themselves for their failures. Giving people excuses to feel like a perpetual victim creates a culture of victimhood which feeds into the worst, most petty and small-minded part of humanity.

There's no better way to create tension and inhibit empathy than to create a narrative of victimhood. Nazi Germany was a result of the culture of German victimhood at the hands of the "November Criminals" and of the Zhe Jeeeewz due to the Dolchstosslegende. Legitimate grievances about the Treaty of Versailles were mixed together with a lot of bullshit, big lies and half-truths to create a narrative where the poor Germans had been betrayed and humiliated unjustly and now it was time to pay it back. Hitler used this narrative to great effect.

Po-mo Critical Race Theory creates a culture of victimhood in the "oppressed groups". Someone didn't smile at you? It's because you're gay. The cashier was rude? It's because you're latino. The policeman stopped you? It's because you're black. A man earn more than you? It's because you're a woman.

Also the idea of "dogwhistles" breeds paranoia. Anything can be a "deconstructed" as "problematic": men who sit in a way that doesn't, you know, break their balls are "manspreading", all nooses are a clear sign of the Ku Klux Klan, "hard work" and "meritocracy" are "privilege-splaining", etc. etc.

If you see the world through feminist/SJW glasses everyone is a threat to you, your future, your dreams, your identity, your life. This is divisive as fuck: the SJW revolution cannot be civilized. Here's a useful Patri-Archie comic:

http://patri-archie-comics.tumblr.com/i ... 9205013977
I'll say it again. I blame Zvan, Laden and Thiebault primarily. And I'll stand by my statement. Keep them unaware of SRS/Goon culture, and a whole lot of shit plays out entirely differently, up to and including the election of Donald Trump. Now, I understand this is really fucking tin-foil hat...but at the same time, at least to me it's pretty obvious that the social and cultural patterns that IMO make up much of the political climate really formed in and around the Atheism+ bullshit.
Atheism Plus was just a part of a larger social movement. Few people gave a fuck about atheism, a lot of them cared about what was preached in universities, repeated in the media, introduced in the justice system, supported by politics. The SJW phenomenon is much larger than atheism, atheism was just a subset of the SJW infiltration into the media, popular culture (games, books, fantasy, etc.), politics, society at large which started from academia and was started by academics.

Let's face it, we atheists aren't that important. Universities are much more important than us. The justice system is much more important than us. Politics are much more important than us. Watson was a minor figure in a minor movement. She was, and is, largely a nobody to the world at large.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Tigzy wrote:If Becky really does end up as a waffle waitress, I'd suggest a pit day trip to whatever greasy spoon she's ended up in. Not to bully her, mind - bullying service staff is reprehensible, no matter how odious one particar waitress may be. No, just to gloat, quietly and politely, and bask in the sense of some natural justice asserting itself by means of delivering the glob to her rightful station in life.
Deal. But only AFTER she has served us. Knowing the type of person she is, she spit on the food, and probably do a "cunt-rub" with the waffles. If there is a slightly "fishy" taste/smell, you know someone has done this. Another top tip from the Commander!

:lol: :lol:

Mr. X, Indeed

Post by Mr. X, Indeed »

Ape+lust wrote:Another day, another white man bagged. Peez, the Good White Man and best apparatchik, scores again.

http://imgur.com/C6Yh2CQ.png

Is there anyone who doesn't already know Tom Hanks is an ebullient optimist?:

http://imgur.com/vrNtTi9.png

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/po ... hing-fine/

This reminds me of when Peez posted a warning that Chris Pratt is a conservative and a practicing Christian. There wasn't a point to it, he'd just found someone to hiss at.
Tom Hanks's big break came from playing a man who had to pass as a woman to get a cheap apartment. PZ should comb through old episodes of Bosom Buddies. I'm sure there will be plenty of things to be retroactively offended by.

yomomma

Post by yomomma »

free thoughtpolice wrote:I'm all up for talking about the crash and burn of the baboon troupe members like Watson. If she hadn't already been happy to show what a crappy excuse for a human being she is I might feel about gloating about her downward spiral. But she is and I don't.
Engaging in speculation doesn't mean you aren't a skeptic and if you think it is a waste of time than just ignore it.
Truth.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

fuzzy wrote:I wasn't paying attention to the scene back during the years when Shermer and elevators roamed the Earth, so when I read of these events back in history it's hard for me to get as mad at xie as you elder pitters gets seeing this sort of thing happen in real time. I can see the appeal of this young nerdish girl, still in there somewhere.
This picture makes The Commander aroused. Not because Watson is particularly attractive, but because it illustrates how far she has fallen. Here, she looks like she has a certain joie de vivre, but now she looks like she has done a life sentence in Frontera, bedmate of a meth addict, and was then told her cat was fatally run over by Richard Dawkins.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

dog puke wrote:If one cannot come to the Slymepit and mock Rebecca Twatson, then what is the point of living?
Go drown yourself in a toilet.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Cnutella wrote:Oh it's totally speculative and rather mean-spirited at that. .. I'd generally be disappointed in myself but then I remember Becky's totally vindictive doxxing of Skeptickle and I find it hard to wish her particularly well.

I mean, I don't wish she'd die in a fire or from rusty-porcupine induced tetanus, so there's that I guess.
Quoted for truth. She's unworthy of anyone's sympathy.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

MarcusAu wrote:
Just kidding DP - no offence intended.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I'm not sure how much common ground there was to found with religious groups prior to Elevatorgate.

There was a lot of talk from atheists that 'religious indoctrination is child abuse' and criticism of the cover up of the sexual scandals in the Catholic Church - which would have made joining together to work towards common goals unlikely to say the least.

The 'atheist movement' such as it was, was not going to tolerate moderate voices (or 'accomodationists' as they were called, at least briefly).

All this stuff smudges together over time and memory does not serve - luckily we still have Brive's spreadsheet so we are (hopefully) not doomed to repeat past actions.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

jet_lagg wrote:
Cnutella wrote:Oh it's totally speculative and rather mean-spirited at that. .. I'd generally be disappointed in myself but then I remember Becky's totally vindictive doxxing of Skeptickle and I find it hard to wish her particularly well.

I mean, I don't wish she'd die in a fire or from rusty-porcupine induced tetanus, so there's that I guess.
I don't care what happens to her, good or ill, but I do hope that Stef McGraw is having a big laugh.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: And yet he has hired a champion of free speech. I wonder if said champion is aware of his client's proclivities and stance on free speech. There ought to be a word for this kind of situation...
I'm quite certain his lawyer wouldn't give a toss so long as he gets paid. Not to insult the guy too much, the general stereotype against civil attorneys exists for a reason. He probably wouldn't consider it hypocritical to represent an anti-freeze peach imbecile so much as it's his client's hypocrisy for hiring him in the first place.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Yes - from the vid posted yesterday - Randassi (sp) seems to be fine defending peoples right to speak - even if he is completely opposed to the content.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Sunder wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: And yet he has hired a champion of free speech. I wonder if said champion is aware of his client's proclivities and stance on free speech. There ought to be a word for this kind of situation...
I'm quite certain his lawyer wouldn't give a toss so long as he gets paid. Not to insult the guy too much, the general stereotype against civil attorneys exists for a reason. He probably wouldn't consider it hypocritical to represent an anti-freeze peach imbecile so much as it's his client's hypocrisy for hiring him in the first place.
Yes, the hypocrisy is all with PZ. That's the beautiful thing about being a free speech advocate for everyone, not just those with whom you agree. Randazzo seems like he'll defend a Nazi and a nun with equal ferocity if they're in trouble.

But how can PZ afford the litigation? Let alone all of the other losers. Is he doing it pro bono?

Is Carrier's lawyer doing it pro boner? Carrier's at the point where he has to spend a little money, right? This isn't just sending a scary letter to some dumb people. The lawyers are talking back and forth, which is one of the costly phases, right?

katamari Damassi

Kirbmarc wrote:By the way there's a lot of ableism in the comments. The Orbitters will be furious!
The Orbitters always struck me as those kids who were envious of the 10 year-old in the helmet and stroller, because he got to jump to the head of the line at Space Mountain.

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

MarcusAu wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
Just kidding DP - no offence intended.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I think that Carrier is planning to lose.

Currently he is pimping himself out to older women in an effort to raise money.

It's a plot that has already been peer reviewed for the Producers - so he knows that it will work.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

katamari Damassi wrote:The Orbitters always struck me as those kids who were envious of the 10 year-old in the helmet and stroller, because he got to jump to the head of the line at Space Mountain.
Some of the Orbitters are big enough to be space mountain.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

katamari Damassi wrote:
jet_lagg wrote:

I don't care what happens to her, good or ill, but I do hope that Stef McGraw is having a big laugh.
Hmm wasn't she spotted sprouting positive shit about Secular Woman Work?

Really?

Post by Really? »

MarcusAu wrote:I think that Carrier is planning to lose.

It's a plot that has already been peer reviewed for the Producers - so he knows that it will work.
Where is he doing the Bialystock bit?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Yes. She performed a session for the mighty SZvan.

Succession Planning and Building Leadership Teams 1 p.m.
Organizations live or die on the strength of their teams. Come find out how to build a strong team that won’t fall apart when a key player leaves.
Stef McGraw

http://secularwomenwork.org

CaptainFluffyBunny

Kirbmarc wrote:
comhcinc wrote:I will say this again. Any movement this woman can fuck up is not a movement worth having. It reminds me of the way some of my friends use to talk about the president (any of them). On the one hand the president is suppose to be a moron who can't tie his own shoe but on the other is capable of these machiavellian secret government events. Same with Waston. Somehow she is both a fuck head who can't do shit right, and took down the Atheist movement in America.
Watson is just a symbol, a poster girl. The Big Rift was already there, the Coffee Request in the Elevator was just a pretext for the SJW to talk about how awful atheists were. If it hadn't been Watson it'd have been someone else. The ideological divide between SJWs and non-SJWs in atheism was there from the beginning, it just hadn't been made explicit. The "atheism movement" was fucked from the start: atheists have diverse political positions and philosophies, they're only united by the lack of belief in god. Maybe a secularist movement could have worked if it was open to anyone and had the goal of reinforcing separation of church and state and fighting against religiously inspired privileges and abuses, but an "atheist movement" was a pipe dream to begin with.

The SJW infiltration happened like it happened in every other social group even remotely connected to the left of the political spectrum or to academia/intellectuals/nerds/journalism. The po-mo Critical Race Theory has been around for decades, and it's incredibly popular in academia. People who graduate in humanities frequently work as journalists or as writers/screenwriters/in theater, so they tend to shape and/or work within nerdy fields.

On the other hand evidence-based skeptics reject po-mo (the subjectivism/relativism of po-mo directly contradicts the implicit assumption of an objective reality), and there are many skeptics in the hard sciences and in atheism/secularism.

The Rift was supposed to happen sooner or later: "a house divided against itself cannot stand".

Elevatorgate was just a convenient chance for the po-mo SJWs to lay down some rules for a "gentler, kinder atheism" (Atheism Plus). Sure as hell many evidence-based skeptics were going to reject those rules and the "atheism movement" was going to divide itself between SJWs and non-SJWs. Atheism Plus was very divisive from the start ("kick the C.H.U.D. out" "with us or against us" etc.) because it was the Rift made explicit.

Watson was only a catalyst, and her importance has plummeted since then. New figures have taken her place as the poster girl for SJWs in nerdy fields, and the SJWs in atheism have withered away, taking down the "movement" with them.
Not to be disagreeable, but I have to wonder how much courage the rest of the baboons would have found without Watson leading the charge. I don't know if elevatorgate was the shot heard round the world, with the powderkeg already primed, or if she really did embolden PZ and other atheists of relatively high profile to drag their sorry ideology into the movement. PZ does not strike me as a man courageous enough to stand up to Dawkins on his own. YMMV.

The movement may have been doomed in any case, but its fractious demise might have been instead any easier death if certain people hadn't coveted attention and leadership they didn't deserve. We will never know for certain.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

MarcusAu wrote:I think that Carrier is planning to lose.

Springtime for Carrier and Poly sex?

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

Really? wrote:Randazzo seems like he'll defend a Nazi and a nun with equal ferocity if they're in trouble.
I remember Randazza saying he defended neo-nazi in the past and that he hated them, or something similar. I think it was on the Mike Cernovitch interview actually that was linked a couple page ago. Anyway, i have a feeling he would see PZ a notch under actual neo-nazi.

Really?

Post by Really? »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
fuzzy wrote:I wasn't paying attention to the scene back during the years when Shermer and elevators roamed the Earth, so when I read of these events back in history it's hard for me to get as mad at xie as you elder pitters gets seeing this sort of thing happen in real time. I can see the appeal of this young nerdish girl, still in there somewhere.
This picture makes The Commander aroused. Not because Watson is particularly attractive, but because it illustrates how far she has fallen. Here, she looks like she has a certain joie de vivre, but now she looks like she has done a life sentence in Frontera, bedmate of a meth addict, and was then told her cat was fatally run over by Richard Dawkins.

SJW. Not even once:

http://i.imgur.com/ZOoEBd9.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/AROg6qe.png

http://static1.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/com ... 15b79d.png

http://cdn.someecards.com/posts/insert-nuoAvl.jpg

A recovery story:

http://i.imgur.com/2MgSzZd.jpg

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

Btw pit, i finally started working today. In fact, im currently working. Or at least i should be.

katamari Damassi

A while back I predicted that if Trump won, then McEwen would have one of her annual meltdowns wherein she threatens to shut down her blog unless her readers make obeisance to her. Turns out I couldn't have been more wrong. That David Brock, Hillary Clinton propaganda operation that she has been writing for all year is going to continue, and promoted her to editor, so she has a new lease on life. On top of that, it almost seems like she realized most of what she's been complaining about the past 8 years has been trivial bullshit and now she has something real to complain about.

CaptainFluffyBunny

pro-boxing-fan wrote:
Really? wrote:Randazzo seems like he'll defend a Nazi and a nun with equal ferocity if they're in trouble.
I remember Randazza saying he defended neo-nazi in the past and that he hated them, or something similar. I think it was on the Mike Cernovitch interview actually that was linked a couple page ago. Anyway, i have a feeling he would see PZ a notch under actual neo-nazi.
Another reason I couldn't be a lawyer. Clients that you would as soon see crawl back under their rocks. But I'm glad that Little Paul has representation. That is the system working.

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

Kirbmarc wrote:
I disagree. I think that the fundamental ideas of po-mo Critical stuff are divisive by nature. Giving power to "lived experiences" and making lists of "microaggressions" is divisive: people of any race, ethnicity, gender and sexuality are petty, carry grudges, act irrationally and are ready to blame anyone but themselves for their failures. Giving people excuses to feel like a perpetual victim creates a culture of victimhood which feeds into the worst, most petty and small-minded part of humanity.
But here's the thing. If you're giving power to the individual experience, then you logically MUST accept that different people are going to have different experiences.

Personally, I usually refer to it as a collectivist problem, coming from notions of sociology as a whole, to be honest. When you put everything through these big overwhelming lenses of oppressor and oppressed...well this is what you get.

At the end of the day "Lived Experience" is a bullshit idea, not because that the idea itself is wrong, but because the people promoting it RARELY mean it with any sort of genuine feeling. When was the last time you've seen people who talk about "Lived Experience" accept the experience of someone that doesn't match up with their sociological models?

Universal models of oppressor and oppressed lay above everything else. To me that's the problem.
Atheism Plus was just a part of a larger social movement. Few people gave a fuck about atheism, a lot of them cared about what was preached in universities, repeated in the media, introduced in the justice system, supported by politics. The SJW phenomenon is much larger than atheism, atheism was just a subset of the SJW infiltration into the media, popular culture (games, books, fantasy, etc.), politics, society at large which started from academia and was started by academics.

Let's face it, we atheists aren't that important. Universities are much more important than us. The justice system is much more important than us. Politics are much more important than us. Watson was a minor figure in a minor movement. She was, and is, largely a nobody to the world at large.
I'm not so sure about that to be honest. It's not so much that they give a fuck about atheism (most people don't), it's that the structures and cultures, I think really "refined" themselves in the whole Atheism+ thing. Talking everything from BlockBots to the notion of No Platforming which became much more popular, and the strict us vs. them tribalistic frame.

In a lot of ways, Atheism+ became a sort of "Rules for Radicals" style manifesto by way of an example. I would describe the ramp-up process as Atheism+ into GamerGate (well, the opposition to it) into the 2016 US Presidential Election. I see a clear social/structural growth in "Woke Culture" communities through that line.

SRS/Goon culture into Atheism+ is where trolling and isolating as a form of political pressure started to break into the mainstream. Just my opinion, of course. There was also things like RaceFail, and stuff like that of course, and I might just be ignorant on this, but I don't see the same lineage there that I see with A+.

CaptainFluffyBunny

pro-boxing-fan wrote:Btw pit, i finally started working today. In fact, im currently working. Or at least i should be.
Congrats! Sounds like you beat the odds.

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

katamari Damassi wrote:A while back I predicted that if Trump won, then McEwen would have one of her annual meltdowns wherein she threatens to shut down her blog unless her readers make obeisance to her. Turns out I couldn't have been more wrong. That David Brock, Hillary Clinton propaganda operation that she has been writing for all year is going to continue, and promoted her to editor, so she has a new lease on life. On top of that, it almost seems like she realized most of what she's been complaining about the past 8 years has been trivial bullshit and now she has something real to complain about.
Geez. Don't they realize that Trump already won and they can stop campaigning for him already? :roll:

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Tigzy wrote:@AndrewV69 & Clarence

You both read Chateau Heartiste, don't you.

I do too - the utterly batshit commentariat there makes for a fine lolcow.
Occasionally I do. I read Dalrock (Christian) far more often. The ratio is probably 100:1 simply because Dalrock usually bases his articles on statistics and sources his data from legitimate sources rather than pulling them out of his arse.

Dalrock is religious and I know where he is coming from because he cites his sources. Heatsie and AVfM suffer from turgid prose which makes it much more difficult for me to get through their articles, and consequently I rarely read them.

Not that articles such as SMV and the aging process from The Rational Male are much better but they appear to be a lot more coherent to me.

As for the comments, yes some of them are from genuine lolcows and you will see them no matter where you go. Even here as a matter of fact.

There is not enough time in all the world to take them all on so generally I do not bother.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Maybe Trump will draft them.

http://i.imgur.com/Pq2GOXF.jpg

CaptainFluffyBunny

Karmakin wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:A while back I predicted that if Trump won, then McEwen would have one of her annual meltdowns wherein she threatens to shut down her blog unless her readers make obeisance to her. Turns out I couldn't have been more wrong. That David Brock, Hillary Clinton propaganda operation that she has been writing for all year is going to continue, and promoted her to editor, so she has a new lease on life. On top of that, it almost seems like she realized most of what she's been complaining about the past 8 years has been trivial bullshit and now she has something real to complain about.
Geez. Don't they realize that Trump already won and they can stop campaigning for him already? :roll:
No, no. Continually preaching to your own choir is certain to win over the reluctant masses. Especially if you call the reluctant masses names and state forthrightly that they should feel guilty for even existing. It can't fail.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

AndrewV69 wrote: As for the comments, yes some of them are from genuine lolcows and you will see them no matter where you go. Even here as a matter of fact.
No, most of the commentators at Heartiste are batshit lolcows.

But, you know, YMMV etc etc

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Sunder wrote:Okay, openly declaring students at your institution to be "racists and neo-Nazis" has to be actionable in some form.
You would think so, wouldn't you? Wonderful how people are getting so very free with the Nazi label. The devaluation of racist and Nazi leads me to wonder what they will resort to next as those terms become increasingly diluted and worthless.
Devalued to the point where some people are now not embarrassed in the least, but gleefully engage in trolling. For example, read this from CBS, D.C. restaurant apologizes for hosting alt-right group, diners who performed Nazi salute

You want to call us Nazis? We will give you Nazis!
http://cbsnews2.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/r/ ... tright.jpg

Oh and racist?
“The word racist doesn’t have any meaning anymore,” he said. “It’s basically calling me a mean old guy.”
Also, till now I have never heard of the National Policy Institute but now that CBS and other members of the MSM have promoted it you better believe I am going to check it out. I imagine that lots of other people who also have never heard of them will be too.

katamari Damassi

Still hoping this is the real deal.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/spe ... ks-anyway/

C'mon Musk! Get me off this planet.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

...and then he woke up.

http://imgur.com/JZMM7bc.jpg

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Tigzy wrote:If Becky really does end up as a waffle waitress, I'd suggest a pit day trip to whatever greasy spoon she's ended up in. Not to bully her, mind - bullying service staff is reprehensible, no matter how odious one particar waitress may be. No, just to gloat, quietly and politely, and bask in the sense of some natural justice asserting itself by means of delivering the glob to her rightful station in life.
Deal. But only AFTER she has served us. Knowing the type of person she is, she spit on the food, and probably do a "cunt-rub" with the waffles. If there is a slightly "fishy" taste/smell, you know someone has done this. Another top tip from the Commander!

:lol: :lol:
Listen to the Commander.

http://imgur.com/HJmjUd1.png

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Ape+lust wrote:...and then he woke up.

http://imgur.com/JZMM7bc.jpg

MARY: *Sigh* Looks like Paul had another one of his Becky dreams last night. *Begins wiping blanket with a damp cloth*

ConcentratedH2O, OM

pro-boxing-fan wrote:Btw pit, i finally started working today. In fact, im currently working. Or at least i should be.
Slacking off on the first day in a new job? LSUOMA, Melody Hensley has infiltrated the Pit. Autoban.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Really? wrote: A recovery story:

http://i.imgur.com/2MgSzZd.jpg
Has whoever this is abandoned the ideology as well? Cos that would meet my standards of proof.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

More evidence of the horseshoe theory:
A right-wing propaganda group led by one of Donald Trump’s top propagandists recently launched a campaign called ‘Stop Elon From Failing Again’. According to their manifesto, the initiative aims to stop Elon Musk from “defrauding” American taxpayers through his companies, Tesla and SpaceX.

The effort is backed by conservative public relations specialists and Trump insiders that are funded by fossil fuel interests. Unsurprisingly, it is full of misinformation about Tesla, electric vehicles, and solar energy.
https://electrek.co/2016/11/22/elon-mus ... la-spacex/
Elon Musk is a terrible human being
http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... man-being/

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

Slacking off on the first day in a new job? LSUOMA, Melody Hensley has infiltrated the Pit. Autoban.
In my defence, your honour, for the behaviour itself, i work from home and have some freedom with my work hours. And for the main accusation itself, i can neither confirm nor deny that i am Melody Hensley.

I can attest however, that this morning my boss said those exact words: "Finally! Good news! The project is back on. But i remembered this morning you don't really do PHP. Do you?".

So your honour, right now the issue of my real identity is the least of my worries, the cadaver is.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

katamari Damassi wrote:Still hoping this is the real deal.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/spe ... ks-anyway/

C'mon Musk! Get me off this planet.
That's how science is supposed to work: You draw conclusions based on the best evidence available, present them to your peers, and revise and refine as you conduct more tests and gather more data.
As I recall that is one of the ways what turned out to be the "Manosphere" got started. The nucleus was a bunch of PUAs got together and started swapping notes on what worked for them in picking up women and what did not.

Then they started constructing theorys on why some things were effective and some were not. Some started making a living on teaching PUA techniques along with some theory.

(BTW ... One of the things I noticed was that many men can not do it. I believe that along with the techniques you also need a type of personality and attitude to be successful as a PUA).

Also, I noticed that some started reading up on Evolutionary Psychology and trying to fit that discipline into their framework, mostly without success in my opinion but we will see eventually what comes of that. Certainly, PUAs exposing EP is not helping it gain legitimacy in certain quarters.

Today, generally speaking MRAs and PUAs hate each other. I think this is funny as hell. Especially when the ignoramus conflate them.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

So, alt-right is anybody who has a strong view that runs counter to the SJ narrative?

That simplifies things.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Patriarchy redefined. The new enemy is alt-right?
By the way. I am a feminist.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

pro-boxing-fan wrote:
In my defence, your honour, for the behaviour itself, i work from home and have some freedom with my work hours. And for the main accusation itself, i can neither confirm nor deny that i am Melody Hensley.

I can attest however, that this morning my boss said those exact words: "Finally! Good news! The project is back on. But i remembered this morning you don't really do PHP. Do you?".

So your honour, right now the issue of my real identity is the least of my worries, the cadaver is.
That is exactly what a triggered feminist slacker with problematic spectacles and a nose like a wombat's penis would say. :think:

Anyway, congrats. :dance: :clap: :dance: