The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
Scented Nectar

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by Scented Nectar »

ROBOKiTTY wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote: Oh, and speaking of sex lives, RoboKitty, is this you? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... ry-it.html
Don't judge me. :snooty:
I don't think there's anything wrong with it. Some of my best lovers were vibrators. Maybe not as complex as a robot, but mechanical nonetheless. :D

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Interesting link about Syria, with ex-FO official.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

VickyCaramel wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:
Malky wrote:You're not helping! :D But the point still stands - female "can produce ova" is not a present tense
Sorry dude, I've not really been following the discussion and probably shouldn't have jumped in. However, purely to bring myself up to speed, I thought the "argument" was as follows:

1) Steers (Hail, hail!) defines "woman" as someone who can produce eggs/give birth.

2) You (and others?) say his definition is wrong/incorrect/outdated?

Given that the above is my understanding of the state of play, incorrect as it may be, you'll hopefully understand why I made the post that I did. The dictionary definition (PZ's spider sense will be tingling!) appears to support the Steers side of the argument - a woman is an adult human who is able to produce eggs/give birth.

Note: I don't really have a dog in this fight, it's probably why I've not been keeping up or getting involved, and I'm only making this post to prevent further foot/mouth amalgamation on my behalf.

(Scented Nectar) :twisted:
The way I understood it, the definition is taken to mean that the female of the species is the gender which exclusively produces eggs and gives birth.
Steersman is making the case that once you no longer have eggs, you are no longer a woman. Which is a bit like saying your car ceases to be an automobile once it runs out of fuel because it is no longer mobile.
Therefore he argues that a faulty woman, broken woman or spent woman is no longer a woman.

Thats my understanding of this, but I haven't paid too much attention because it is seems absurd.
No, a car without petrol still has "car potential" as you fill it up with gas. Or dragon cock.

But what is a car without an engine, one left derelict by the road? Sure it could be a useful nest for rats. Or a nasty tease for someone thinking it is a car when it's now a rodent farm.

From the wisdom of steers

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Another day and somehow Watson is offended yet again.

What are the odds. She really is a vile creature.

http://i.imgur.com/it54P1j.jpg
Rebecca Watson's privilege speaking again. How did she know the "human fart factory" didn't have a condition? On the other hand, I would like to think the "human fart factory" recognised Watson, and decided to let their natural talent for explosive air release a good airing. Well done, Mr./Mrs Human Farty Machine. Even better, would have been if the Human Fart Machine lifted their arse up into Watson's face, clamped her nose between the flubber cheeks, and let rip a 8.5 on the Richter Scale. I would have paid £17,342 to see that. Oh, and I would pay extra if they did that at the BEGINNING of the flight!
:lol:

Every experience has opportunity for return. I suspect her bile came from having set her price too high.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... M_-GVX6dGg

Keating

Post by Keating »

free thoughtpolice wrote:German woman that wants to walk to Aleppo for some fucking reason. I just listened to her on CNN saying that it isn't Syrians we should prevent from entering Germany, but men, because all terrorists are men.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-38172513
Maybe she could take Gilliel with her, they sound like peas from the same pod and a 2000 mile stroll might do something to get rid of some of G's excess poundage.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7344381.stm
Hipster women did this in 2008 and was raped and murdered within days of starting in Turkey.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Carrie Fisher in critical condition after heart attack on flight from London.

http://www.eonline.com/news/817905/carr ... ing-flight

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Seasons Greetings to my favourite Jewish FPL (Failed Political Lesbian).

<That would be Sented>

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Lsuoma wrote:Interesting link about Syria, with ex-FO official.

Sending troops in to try achieve "country building" would have been a bigger mistake that what they did, doing nothing would have been a lesser mistake but would likely have a shitty outcome nonetheless.
The middle east/ muslim world is bad news no matter what you do.
The next big shitfest will be all out war between Saudi Arabia, and Iran and whoever else gets dragged into it. The refugee and terrorist splashback will make present problems seem trivial and whatever the western countries do, even if nothing, stupid cunts like glenn Greenwad will blame the west and the republicans and the drooling dunces that support them will blame noted child eater Hillary Clinton.
My cheery New Years prediction. :D

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Sulman wrote:Why the fuck would she tag the airline in that tweet. How is any of that their problem?

She angling for free tickets, etc. Spirit Airlines should email her back, telling her to go fuck herself in an elevator. Make her cry.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Carrie Fisher dies then doesn't:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... r-CPR.html
God dammit.

Here's hoping she pulls through; she always struck me as a tough 'un.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/56 ... 1b64c0.jpg

Think she was my first childhood crush.

free thoughtpolice

Watch (at least) 7:50 to the end. :clap:
[youtube][/youtube]

free thoughtpolice

Wrong video- this one:
[youtube][/youtube]

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

BTW, that Eva Bartlett journalist is an RT propagandist, and virtually everything she says to that nonchalant Norwegian asking softball questions is standard conspiracy BS.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Sulman wrote:Why the fuck would she tag the airline in that tweet. How is any of that their problem?

She angling for free tickets, etc. Spirit Airlines should email her back, telling her to go fuck herself in an elevator. Make her cry.

No - I think they should send the standard content free letter of apology - essentially saying they are very sorry, but nothing else (ie not acknowledging or offering compensation).

cf The Bedbug Letter
http://www.snopes.com/business/consumer/bedbug.asp

After a while - people would start to realise that the gravy train is not what it used to be.

Alternatively, as the Internet never forgets - a record could be kept of all the times she makes such complaints angling for free stuff. After a couple of years - a quick review of such incidents would prove a testament to her character (and probably account for the majority of her professional achievements).

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Keating wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:German woman that wants to walk to Aleppo for some fucking reason. I just listened to her on CNN saying that it isn't Syrians we should prevent from entering Germany, but men, because all terrorists are men.
Maybe she could take Gilliel with her, they sound like peas from the same pod and a 2000 mile stroll might do something to get rid of some of G's excess poundage.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7344381.stm
Hipster women did this in 2008 and was raped and murdered within days of starting in Turkey.
This one is smart enough to try and line up people to walk with her through out her journey. It is probably a somewhat smart bet that anyone planning on doing a little bit of raping & murdering probably won't schedule meeting and walking with her out in advance.
However, that does not preclude an organization from taking notice of her efforts and see an easy target for abduction & ransom or to make a "political" statement themselves.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I must say that for all my criticism of RW - I think she scrubs up quite nicely in her latest video:

[youtube][/youtube]

ConcentratedH2O, OM

What point is that lying fat cunt Meyers trying to make here? Just try misgendering one of his band of freakish commenters and see what the word shitstorm really means. This cartoon, unfunny as it is, fits perfectly when applied to him and his snowflakes.

http://i.imgur.com/HYsIo39.png

SkepticalCat

Post by SkepticalCat »

Tigzy wrote:Anyways, quick change of subject - this article has been doing the rounds recently, and it is bloody fascinating: http://www.newstatesman.com/science-tec ... nk-it-does

Any pitter who have distinct memories of this movie which never existed? It doesn't ring a bell with me, though it does remind me of the shock I felt when I discovered Edward James Olmos was still alive, as I was certain I could recall tributes and obituaries about the man. It was a highly disturbing feeling - that reality was inherently untrustworthy; that I had somehow fallen into a Philip K Dick nightmare. I swore for days that I had seen his death reported in the media - until it finally clicked that I had gotten him mixed up with Raul Julia.

*checks wiki, just to be sure* Yes, Raul Julia's definitely still no longer with us.
I vaguely remember a movie from 20-25 years ago starring that Sinbad guy who played a genie or something, so finding out that there was no such thing did freak me out a little bit. I guess I'm willing to accept that my memory is faulty and I'm remembering some combination of the Shaquille O'Neal movie 'Kazaam' (about a big genie black guy) and a tv show from my childhood named 'Shazam'.

A good test would be to locate a friend and start asking him/her vaguely worded questions like, "do you remember a movie about some big black guy who was a genie? What was the genie's name, and the actor's name?" without any introduction. If they say "yes, Shazam played by Sinbad" then.... :shock: ....things get interesting.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

MarcusAu wrote:Seasons Greetings to my favourite Jewish FPL (Failed Political Lesbian).

<That would be Sented>
Merry Christmas, Season's Greetings, Happy Channuka, Happy Time Off Work Winter Vacation, and Happy New Years to you too! And to the rest of the Pit too. :)

I left out Kwaanza because I don't want to get accused of appropriating black culture.

You left out the 'c' in 'scented', but luckily since I posted a bit today, I'm just going to the 'first unread' instead of vanity searching, so I saw it anyways. :)

You know, I really, really tried hard to make it work for that 80s decade of lesbianism and radical feminism, and most of the women did arouse me, but to make it work completely, if you know what I mean, I had to add a man into the scene using my imagination. When I didn't do that, it didn't work. It was cheating though. The women weren't really getting me off, it was the men in my thoughts. So, I might as well have been masturbating. I tried to convince myself that that meant I was really a lesbian though. De'nial: it's not just a river in Egypt!

Not that I would ever tell them should I run into any of them again. That would just be too mean! Mind you, it would probably turn out that they'd admit they were doing it too.

Failed SlymePitter too, with my vanity searching for most of the past year. What can I say? :shifty:

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

Tigzy wrote:Anyways, quick change of subject - this article has been doing the rounds recently, and it is bloody fascinating: http://www.newstatesman.com/science-tec ... nk-it-does

Any pitter who have distinct memories of this movie which never existed? It doesn't ring a bell with me, though it does remind me of the shock I felt when I discovered Edward James Olmos was still alive, as I was certain I could recall tributes and obituaries about the man. It was a highly disturbing feeling - that reality was inherently untrustworthy; that I had somehow fallen into a Philip K Dick nightmare. I swore for days that I had seen his death reported in the media - until it finally clicked that I had gotten him mixed up with Raul Julia.

*checks wiki, just to be sure* Yes, Raul Julia's definitely still no longer with us.
I thought Ruben Blades was dead, and it was because I had him mixed up with Raul Julia. Also, I thought John Gielgud was dead for years, probably because his character died at the end of Arthur. And yeah, when I saw the name of the movie in question in that article, I immediately thought of the Shaq movie Shazaam, and had a mini panic attack when I thought that movie didn't exist.

free thoughtpolice

CommanderTuvok wrote:BTW, that Eva Bartlett journalist is an RT propagandist, and virtually everything she says to that nonchalant Norwegian asking softball questions is standard conspiracy BS.
When she said "everyone she talked to supported Assad" that was a bit of a tip off. As for NGOs there are plenty that have solid evidence of Assad war crimes as well as that have witnessed them, Medecin Sans Frontieres, Red Crescent, and UN types. And I'm sure she went around with minders from the Syrian Mukhabarat on her interviews so no one would have been intimidated. ;)

free thoughtpolice

Another pro Assad journalist Syrian Girl
[youtube][/youtube]

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Carrie Fisher dies then doesn't:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... r-CPR.html
The silver-lining will be the bump in book sales over Xmas.

Heina should try the same tactic for her tome. Xmas 2020.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Traditional broadcast news continues to carry the day with quality reporting.

Just watch the 1st minute of this video to see what true excellence in reporting is all about.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

deLurch wrote:Traditional broadcast news continues to carry the day with quality reporting.

Just watch the 1st minute of this video to see what true excellence in reporting is all about.
So shitty they even left the green screen in for one cut.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

CommanderTuvok wrote:BTW, that Eva Bartlett journalist is an RT propagandist, and virtually everything she says to that nonchalant Norwegian asking softball questions is standard conspiracy BS.
Nothing wrong with RT as long as you take it for what it is.

[youtube][/youtube]

ALL the news coming out of Syria has been fishy for the last five years. I haven't trusted a thing because nothing they say makes sense to me... they can't even get the story straight most of the time.

What Vanessa Beeley and Eva Bartlett say at least makes sense of it all, at at least they have been there! I have watched hours and hours of footage from Syria over the last few years and it is fucking hard to tell the difference between the Free Syrian Army and ISIS much of the time. The main difference seems to be that FSA are better equipped but they shout "Allahu Akbar" just as enthusiastically. It also tallies up with the rumours coming out of Syria for years that the Free Syrian Army groups are just as bad as ISIS.

I am willing to take what they say with a pinch of salt, even if RT hadn't decided to employ them as contributors (they are not on staff and have been doing this long before RT took an interest in them) but what they say makes much more sense than anything else i have heard and I suspect it is much closer to the truth.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

deLurch wrote:Traditional broadcast news continues to carry the day with quality reporting.

60 seconds was about all I could take.

As these hipsters worship British pop culture so much (Bowie and Alan Richman were mentioned as they died in 2016) - I wish someone would forward some clips of an 'post-ironically edgy' comedian like say Bernard Manning to them - and say - this is part of the same culture, what do you think?

[youtube][/youtube]

It's not all Monty Python and the Mighty Fucking Boosh.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Jesus Fuck - it's 2am UK time on Xmas Eve Day - and the only people here are the Brits.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Actually, forget I said anything.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

MarcusAu wrote:Jesus Fuck - it's 2am UK time on Xmas Eve Day - and the only people here are the Brits.
...watching Bernard Manning.

Jimmy Jones and Jim Davidson.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

MarcusAu wrote:Actually, forget I said anything.
It's true though haha.

Have a conciliatory gorgeous young Carrie Fisher:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/12/ ... 898957.jpg

I hope she's all right.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

NoGodsEver wrote:I thought Ruben Blades was dead, and it was because I had him mixed up with Raul Julia. Also, I thought John Gielgud was dead for years, probably because his character died at the end of Arthur. And yeah, when I saw the name of the movie in question in that article, I immediately thought of the Shaq movie Shazaam, and had a mini panic attack when I thought that movie didn't exist.
Is Gandhi dead? He did that one great movie in the Eighties but I never saw him again. I tried Google but all I get is some Indian poilitician with the same name who died years before that.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Shatterface wrote:
NoGodsEver wrote:I thought Ruben Blades was dead, and it was because I had him mixed up with Raul Julia. Also, I thought John Gielgud was dead for years, probably because his character died at the end of Arthur. And yeah, when I saw the name of the movie in question in that article, I immediately thought of the Shaq movie Shazaam, and had a mini panic attack when I thought that movie didn't exist.
Is Gandhi dead? He did that one great movie in the Eighties but I never saw him again. I tried Google but all I get is some Indian poilitician with the same name who died years before that.
He did a sequel:

[youtube][/youtube]

Mr. X, Indeed

Post by Mr. X, Indeed »

Brief period of internet access over the holidays. Fuck traffic.

[youtube][/youtube]

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

SkepticalCat wrote:

I vaguely remember a movie from 20-25 years ago starring that Sinbad guy who played a genie or something, so finding out that there was no such thing did freak me out a little bit. I guess I'm willing to accept that my memory is faulty and I'm remembering some combination of the Shaquille O'Neal movie 'Kazaam' (about a big genie black guy) and a tv show from my childhood named 'Shazam'.

A good test would be to locate a friend and start asking him/her vaguely worded questions like, "do you remember a movie about some big black guy who was a genie? What was the genie's name, and the actor's name?" without any introduction. If they say "yes, Shazam played by Sinbad" then.... :shock: ....things get interesting.
I also immediately thought of Kazaam, but off the top of my head I think there might have been a MadTV sketch wherein someone playing Sinbad played a genie in a movie. I can't be arsed to google it right now.

free thoughtpolice

SkepticalCat wrote:

[youtube][/youtube]

ConcentratedH2O, OM

VickyCaramel wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:Jesus Fuck - it's 2am UK time on Xmas Eve Day - and the only people here are the Brits.
...watching Bernard Manning.

Jimmy Jones and Jim Davidson.
Hello Uncle Dave from 1981. I thought you died about 30 years ago from high blood pressure, alcoholism, and pure fury that they were now allowing niggers to have jobs in the car manufacturing industry?

Fuck me, Vick, if you're that desperate for the good old days then resign, go live in a council house, and draw the dole. Have fun sipping a pint of mild over a couple of hours, telling yourself and Johnny, the resident pub bore, about how things were better in the 70s.

Don't you live in Honkers? WTF do you want to see the UK be, other than described above? And why does it matter to you from your Asian perch?

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

DrokkIt wrote:
It's true though haha.

I hope she's all right.
That whole photoshoot is just...wow

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Lsuoma wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:So help me, I can't help but like Jimmy Dore.

[youtube][/youtube]
Thanks, Vicky, I really enjoyed that.

People really need to understand how these lies are destroying the real past and our ability to write history. Orwell noticed it in Spain in 1937, and it was this lying about what was happening on the ground that led DIRECTLY to 1984. It was THE reason he wrote "Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past."

Our governments are truly Orwellian in this respect.
I think that is the main point that most people miss about Orwell, having the ability to face inconvenient facts, without having to resort to lies and distortions to make them go away.

Lots of people love to quote him, The irony being,that they don't realize they are themselves behaving like the antagonists in his most famous books.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-NLwdaybiEQM/V ... 00x314.jpg

Pulchritude. There will be a good coconut harvest.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

MacGruberKnows wrote:http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-NLwdaybiEQM/V ... 00x314.jpg

I see a couple of major league yabbos!

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Merry Christmas you all, I hope you have a lovely time. Obviously I'll get to Christmas first in about 4.5 hours so I'll make sure it's a good one.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

We are doomed - DOOMED! - I tell you. Dirty, dirty, dirty, stinking, dirty, dirty Robots:

SHOCK WARNING: Sex robots could KILL OFF the human race by 'over-exerting' their lovers

I cannot repeat this enough,

DON'T DATE ROBOTS!

You have been warned.

Merry Christmas.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Looks like someone left a steaming turd of a Christmas pressure on PZs "no celebrities like Trump" post.

http://archive.is/jNsKT

http://i.imgur.com/itTgDXo.jpg

Merry Christmas all you fuckers.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Annnnnnnnnd

The poor bastard gets a quill. Obvious thought crime is obvious.

:popcorn:

http://i.imgur.com/pV3Gqii.jpg

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Lsuoma wrote:Interesting link about Syria, with ex-FO official.

The Foreign Office said removing the Assad regime was the only way to end the suffering of the Syrian people.
Nope. Completely wrong. Would mean the extermination of the Alawites. Then the real fun would begin.

Aneris

Weihnachten

Post by Aneris »

rayshul wrote:Merry Christmas you all, I hope you have a lovely time. Obviously I'll get to Christmas first in about 4.5 hours so I'll make sure it's a good one.
Frohe Weihnachten! We have Christmas already. Germany is earlier, because the whole thing traditionally starts in the late afternoon on the 24th (and it's pretty much the “original” as far as one can say with such a hodge-podge custom). Nitpickers might point out that Weihnachten days actually are 25th and 26th, but that's not how the ordinary custom goes, they are called First and Second Christmas Days. Even more nitpickers might point out that the Dutch are even 19 days ahead, but that's a related but different custom. Oddly enough, we have “Heiliger Nikolaus” (St. Nicolas, ~Santa Claus) too, but not like the Dutch on the eve of the 5th, but in the morning of 6th (analogue to US Christmas, that is in the morning the following day, and not in the eve).

How it works here is generally: people finish last Christmas preparations, some decorate the tree, finish up the gifts, and some might even fetch the last presents. If you are host, you prepare. Otherwise it's a lazy day. Traditionally, children get to see the decorated tree today. If they are younger, they are locked out of the living room and have to wait until it's decorated and then “unveiled” once finished, with presents placed underneath. This is often an important beat. Older kids may help decorate. Then, restraint is practiced.

While the presents sit there, they have to wait until the “Bescherung” — the gift giving part, typically after dinner and cruelly the last beat of the tradition. Guests are invited for late afternoon, then you have coffee and indulging in Christmas sweets, which are traditionally sweet-spicy (cinnamon, etc), like ginger breads or less spicy stollen. After that, one may go to Church, which are however quite secular. It's a bit of singing together, a bit of Jerusalem fairytale and such. Chruch is the only place where Jesus plays any role, which Christian clergy complain about each year. And that's all very fairytale-like, and not exactly helping their religion. Others go for a stroll, with the purpose of getting some fresh cold air, so it's all the more gemütlich afterwards.

Then you have dinner, and traditions vary. In some families, it's feasting, though in many it's something traditional but not overly lengthly, and I know one tradition where it's even kept light, because typical the feasting of goose (one tradition) and such with various parts of family and friends is in the next two days, and often perceived as “too much”, hence many keep it light on the 24th.

After that's done and appropriate time for dinner to have sunken down has passed, everyone gathers around the tree and presents are handed out. Typically, you're supposed to give gifts personally and watch how they are opened, which I guess is everywhere the same. The “Bescherung” is of course the highlight for the little ones. Afterwards adults open finer alcohols and it's more chatting and socializing, whie the kids play with their new toys. This peters out. Day one and two are typically taking turns in visiting others, and a lighter version (eating and gift giving, but less elaborate) may repeat. Aunts and such may visit one part of family one day, and the other another day.

pS. Bescherung, is also a word that aquired a hidden sarcastic meaning in ordinary language, for it means becoming aware of something unpleasant, as in the idiom “(das ist ja eine) schöne Bescherung!” (said in a scornful or upset tone), and an example of a dead metaphor, because nobody hears it sarcastically.

I don't know who cares, but now you know. :D

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
When she said "everyone she talked to supported Assad" that was a bit of a tip off. As for NGOs there are plenty that have solid evidence of Assad war crimes as well as that have witnessed them, Medecin Sans Frontieres, Red Crescent, and UN types. And I'm sure she went around with minders from the Syrian Mukhabarat on her interviews so no one would have been intimidated. ;)
I'm pretty sure Assad has engaged in war crimes. I'm pretty sure that "everyone supports Assad" is pure propaganda and the "election" of Assad was far from free and democratic.

He's stil the lesser evil when compared to the prospective of a Salafi theocracy in Syria or a failed state which is a safe haven for the Salafi, which is what will happen if he's overthrown. It seems like everyone in the western media glosses over the fact that the opposition to Assad is made up of former Al-Qaeda members, Salafi preachers, muslim supremacists and the Islamic State. The FSA is actively recruiting former Islamic State members who simply shaved off their beards.

The US are working closely with "former" Al-Qaeda leader, with people who define the US as "infidel dogs to be shot", with people who wish to create a Sunni theocracy in Syria. This is insane, but few people care. We're all suddenly so concerned about how evil Assad is (and he is evil, no doubt about that), but nobody cares what will happen after he's thrown out.

Saddam Hussein was pretty fucking evil by everyone's standards. What happened after the US invaded Iraq and remove him? First Shia militias, then the Islamic State. Not a great result. Gaddafi was also pretty evil. What happened after the US helped people to remove him from power? Libya is now a rump state with Salafis and various muslim supremacist groups running amok. So what will happen after Assad is thrown out? Gee, I have no idea.

The US should stop playing world policeman. They're not qualified and they're allied with people who make things worse.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Malky wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: Also there's a puritan streak in the Labour party, with people like Jeremy Corbyn talking about regulating pubs and the sale of alcoholic drinks. I'm curious as where it comes from, and I'm wondering as to whether Corbyn's friendship with Hamas leaders has given him ideas.
Ideas such as assuming that the rise in anti-semitism within the Labour party is, like, no biggie. Or not seeing anything worth addressing in the gender segregated hustings that occurred during Miliband's watch, prior to the last general election.

I don't think it likely that Corbyn knows what he's doing (or not doing, as the case may be) as regards these things which make conservative (lol) muslims happy. It's more probable that he's the kind of useful idiot who believes these things really are no big deal, or that he's an unwitting dhimmi who doesn't actually see how these might advance an islamicist agenda. Either way, it makes him completely unfit for the premiership. I'll gladly vote tory to keep Corbyn out of power, and I hate the tories.

True, you and I both could merely be being paranoid about the man. I'm not willing to take any chances on him, though.
+++ this - the guy is a moron whocan't even see that the people keeping him in a leader of the Labour Party will tear it apart.
Oddly enough the Labour rank and file wont have it any other way. They don't want a Tory lite leader. This includes two of my brothers and most of Liverpool. I as a Tory voter totally support their stance. :dance:

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

DaveDodo007 wrote:Oddly enough the Labour rank and file wont have it any other way. They don't want a Tory lite leader. This includes two of my brothers and most of Liverpool. I as a Tory voter totally support their stance. :dance:
Uh. I thought you were American.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Didn't a Italian woman already try to do that. She was going to hitch hike across the Middle East to prove muslims are peaceful. I think she got 30 miles from Istanbul before getting repeatedly raped then murdered.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pippa_Bacca

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Keating. :nin:

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Sulman wrote:
DrokkIt wrote:
It's true though haha.

I hope she's all right.
That whole photoshoot is just...wow

For sure, what a complete beaut.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Seems like the SPLC deserves its award even more than we knew:

http://nypost.com/2016/12/05/report-bur ... hite-kids/

AnonymousCowherd

Post by AnonymousCowherd »

So, who's Sol Burton?
[youtube][/youtube]

AnonymousCowherd

Post by AnonymousCowherd »

Lsuoma wrote:
MacGruberKnows wrote:http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-NLwdaybiEQM/V ... 00x314.jpg

I see a couple of major league yabbos!
To coin a phrase... I frothed.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

screwtape wrote:Seems like the SPLC deserves its award even more than we knew:

http://nypost.com/2016/12/05/report-bur ... hite-kids/
I think there's every reason to attribute a significant rise in bigotry in children to the rise in identity politics as there is in race baiting by Trump. Both are execrable, but the SPLC ignores one and capitalizes on the other.