The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
free thoughtpolice

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by free thoughtpolice »

I couldn't agree more, but rewriting history to make the arabs into nazis and to make the Palestinians un-exist doesn't help anyone apart from those with an agenda. It is complicated enough to untangle the mess when you are trying to base your opinions on reality.
Did I do that Vicky? If so show me where.
I pointed out there was anti-Jewish sentiments in the arabs, especially in the clergy. Is that false?
I also said that there was no such a thing as Palestinian nationality until the Brits got there. They were Ottoman subjects. Is that false?
I said there was arab and other immigration into that area before Palestine, I didn't say all the arabs migrated there recently. Is that false?
Quote what I said and show where I was wrong. Don't strawman. It is bad. :naughty:

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

DrokkIt wrote: Also I think she is cute, in a nice mumsy way.

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2007/ ... 00x455.jpg
You're not the only one.

Thing is, from what I've seen of her politics I reckon I disagree with her on tons of stuff. And I don't think she's as funny as she's made out to be. But damn, I really like her. She comes across as genuinely nice.

Git

Post by Git »

As far back as 1844, Jews were the largest group in Jerusalem, according to the Encyclopaedia Britannica.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jso ... rupop.html
http://www.camera.org/index.asp?x_print ... ticle=1355

By 1876 they were on the verge of becoming a majority. Most of them lived in East Jerusalem, in the Old City.

In fact, the only time in the last 2-odd thousand years that Jews haven't lived in East Jerusalem was the 19 years from 1948 to 1967 when they were ethnically cleansed by Jordan. It is this same ethnic cleansing that the UN wishes to retake place.

Git

Post by Git »

I'm glad I have NaziCaramel on block, but that said, this is what it really boils down to for the likes of her. She and her ilk will never forgive Jews for no longer being the perpetual whipping boys.
good-jews2 (1).jpg
(48.41 KiB) Downloaded 190 times

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Tigzy wrote:
DrokkIt wrote: Also I think she is cute, in a nice mumsy way.

You're not the only one.

Thing is, from what I've seen of her politics I reckon I disagree with her on tons of stuff. And I don't think she's as funny as she's made out to be. But damn, I really like her. She comes across as genuinely nice.
Yeah there's going to be plenty we'd differ on, but I think she cares about individual rights (often goes on political shows to defend them).
Also she is charming as you point out, and has a mischievous aspect that I find appealing.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

free thoughtpolice wrote: I also said that there was no such a thing as Palestinian nationality until the Brits got there. They were Ottoman subjects. Is that false?
The same could be said of most of Africa and Asia. Palestinians are a people, Sunni, Shia, Christian, Jew and Druze who are a distinct ethnic and cultural group, who lived quite happily together. The clans and tribes you got confused about earlier have been established for hundreds of years.

And besides that, you are wrong. Palestine was represented in the Ottoman Empire as Palestinian, in effect a country with its own governor and diplomats. There were pan-nationalists that wanted to join with Lebanon, Syria and Jordan, and there were Nationalists who wanted an independent Palestine. One thing is for certain, those people owned the land they farmed and did not want to be kicked out by European Jews.

And whether they hate Jews or not is irrelevant. No matter how you try to delegitimize the palestinians, there is absolutely no justification for the European Jews having more right to that land than they do. So your argument comes down to might it right. But what was taken by conquest can be taken back by conquest.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

DrokkIt wrote:Also I think she is cute, in a nice mumsy way.

I want to meet your mum.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Git wrote:As far back as 1844, Jews were the largest group in Jerusalem, according to the Encyclopaedia Britannica.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jso ... rupop.html
http://www.camera.org/index.asp?x_print ... ticle=1355

By 1876 they were on the verge of becoming a majority. Most of them lived in East Jerusalem, in the Old City.

In fact, the only time in the last 2-odd thousand years that Jews haven't lived in East Jerusalem was the 19 years from 1948 to 1967 when they were ethnically cleansed by Jordan. It is this same ethnic cleansing that the UN wishes to retake place.
You clowns are really not worth my time. So I am going to go over this from memory, you can do your own fact checking.

At the time of the 1876 census, Jews made up about 4% of the population. And it is true that most of the Jews lived in East Jerusalem, in the old city.

And now the slight of hand. In discussion you will often see something along the lines of, "Some scholars say there were an additional 10,000 undocumented Jews who were not included in the census", and of course Jewish scholars will happy add that number into the mix.
And notice the use of the words "in the old city", which is your first hint that there is some gerrymandering at work here. Which parts of the city and which suburbs are they including to be Jerusalem? The ones where the Jews are of course!

And you neglect to mention that those Jews that you claim have been there for 2000 years consider themselves to be Palestinian. To this day many of the East Jerusalem Jews are anti-Zionist, view themselves to be under the legitimate rule of the Palestinian National Authority, and they consider so much as touching Israeli money or government documents to be a blasphemy.

Anyone wishing to show a little skepticism of Git's sources can use that as a starting point. I'm done with the subject.

free thoughtpolice

VickyCaramel wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: I also said that there was no such a thing as Palestinian nationality until the Brits got there. They were Ottoman subjects. Is that false?
The same could be said of most of Africa and Asia. Palestinians are a people, Sunni, Shia, Christian, Jew and Druze who are a distinct ethnic and cultural group, who lived quite happily together. The clans and tribes you got confused about earlier have been established for hundreds of years.

And besides that, you are wrong. Palestine was represented in the Ottoman Empire as Palestinian, in effect a country with its own governor and diplomats. There were pan-nationalists that wanted to join with Lebanon, Syria and Jordan, and there were Nationalists who wanted an independent Palestine. One thing is for certain, those people owned the land they farmed and did not want to be kicked out by European Jews.

And whether they hate Jews or not is irrelevant. No matter how you try to delegitimize the palestinians, there is absolutely no justification for the European Jews having more right to that land than they do. So your argument comes down to might it right. But what was taken by conquest can be taken back by conquest.
Palestine was represented as Palestinian? You sure about that? Got a source for that? I can't find it here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_o ... an_control
Are you sure it wasn't a series of millets in greater Syria, then taken by the Egyptians for a short while and not called Palestine until the Europeans got in the fray?
Want to come out and state that during Ottoman and Egyptian rule there was no immigration from outside "Palestine". No Circassians from what is now Russia or Egyptians like Yasser Arafat's mom? OK for egyptians and European muslims like Circassians but not European Jews?
Or do you just hate Europeans as well as jews?

SkepticalCat

Post by SkepticalCat »

deLurch wrote:I still have trouble believing that some people pay other people to watch them play video games. Then again, people pay to watch athletes play instead of playing themselves which I don't understand either.
I agree, this sort of blew my mind. Playing video games bores the crap out of me, so I cannot imagine watching somebody else play them, and the idea of paying to do so is unfathomable. :?

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

free thoughtpolice wrote:...or Egyptians like Yasser Arafat's mom?
Yasser Arafat's mother was born in Jerusalem from a well respected Palestinian family. She and her husband moved temporarily to Egypt to dispute some land that her husband believed he should have inherited. ...figure that out. Palestinians moving to Egypt, owning land in Egypt, marrying into Egyptian families. But moving back again to Palestine.

Who do you think twisted that story to make Arafat an Egyptian or half Egyptian? (Egyptians are not considered to be Arabs) Why do you think they did it? Why did you bring it up? Where do you get this stuff from?

Now i am really done with this idiocy.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Pitiful and pathetic. The two words that spring to my mind seeing Rebecca Flotsam trying to jump on the video games bandwagon 3 years after the likes of Sarkeesian soiled herself and smeared her excrement everywhere.

Just fuck off, Twatson.

free thoughtpolice

VickyCaramel wrote:
Yasser Arafat's mother was born in Jerusalem from a well respected Palestinian family. She and her husband moved temporarily to Egypt to dispute some land that her husband believed he should have inherited. ...figure that out. Palestinians moving to Egypt, owning land in Egypt, marrying into Egyptian families. But moving back again to Palestine.

Who do you think twisted that story to make Arafat an Egyptian or half Egyptian? (Egyptians are not considered to be Arabs) Why do you think they did it? Why did you bring it up? Where do you get this stuff from?

So Palestinians moved to Egypt, made halfer Egyptian/ "Palestinian" babies and moved back to Palestine is not migration. Egyptians haven't really migrated to Palestine in the past few centuries? After all they did occupy the area from time to time for thousands of years, not to mention shortly before the mandate.

Who twisted the story to make it look like Yasser Arafat wasn't a full blood Palestinian. I don't know.
Maybe the Jooze? :think:

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Vichy Caramel wrote:
Oh, you are one of those loonies that believes that Arabs were recent immigrants and there is no such thing as "Palestinians".
There are Turkish and British census which prove otherwise. I already told you, if you get your information from zionist propaganda, then everything you think you know is wrong.
Are you one of the loonies that believes there were no Jooze in the area of what is now called Palestine? That the Romans killed or ran off every single one and they only started coming back after 1939? That there was no immigration of muslims into the area in the last few centuries? Do you have a map of the area pre-brit mandate that calls the area Palestine and the residents Palestinians?
So what if the arabs outnumbered the Jooze.? The Jooze were victorious, and if they had done to the arabs what many of them wanted to do the Jooze there would be no muslims left in "Palestine".
The Catholic church in many cases supported the nazis just as Palestinian muslim officials did and should have been charged with war crimes for it. Just because they did it too doesn't let Husayni, Husseini, and friends off the hook.
Why do you hate Jooze so much Vicky?
From Wikipedia, but corresponds with my knowledge of the region:
The Palestine region or parts of it have been controlled by numerous different peoples and regional powers, including the Canaanites, Amorites,[2] Ancient Egyptians, Israelites, Moabites, Ammonites, Tjeker, Philistines, Assyrians, Babylonians, Persians, ancient Greeks, Romans, Byzantines, different dynasties of the Early Muslim period (Umayads, Abbasids, Seljuqs, Fatimids), Crusaders, Late Muslim dynasties (Ayyubids, Mamluks, Ottoman Turks), the British, Jordanians (1948–1967, on the "West Bank") and Egyptians (in Gaza), and modern Israelis and Palestinians.
A bit of a mish mash really, and the current controllers would appear to have as much legitimacy as the preceding mobs.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:

So Palestinians moved to Egypt, made halfer Egyptian/ "Palestinian" babies and moved back to Palestine is not migration. Egyptians haven't really migrated to Palestine in the past few centuries? After all they did occupy the area from time to time for thousands of years, not to mention shortly before the mandate.

Who twisted the story to make it look like Yasser Arafat wasn't a full blood Palestinian. I don't know.
The point is, the sources you are using are telling you that Arafat was half Egyptian and he uncle was was the Grand Mufti. These are not just innocent mistakes in your sources, they are black propaganda. And if those are the lies they put in, can you imagine what sort of lies by omission have slipped by you? As a result, most of what you are talking about is "not even wrong" and your opinion is worthless to me.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

VickyCaramel wrote:

I'm pretty sure I set up an Israel thread somewhere. Perhaps everyone could take this shit over there, please?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Lsuoma wrote: I'm pretty sure I set up an Israel thread somewhere. Perhaps everyone could take this shit over there, please?
Ah, yes: http://slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=247

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Lsuoma wrote:
I'm pretty sure I set up an Israel thread somewhere. Perhaps everyone could take this shit over there, please?
Might want to install metal detectors on that thread.

Israel has won wars in less time than this thing is going to go on.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Lsuoma wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote: <snip>
Yasser Arafat's mother was born in Jerusalem from a well respected Palestinian family. She and her husband moved temporarily to Egypt to dispute some land that her husband believed he should have inherited. ...figure that out. Palestinians moving to Egypt, owning land in Egypt, marrying into Egyptian families. But moving back again to Palestine. ....

Might be a good idea, at least so we can get back to the important stuff - like hammers & screwdrivers, guitar necks and thumbs, and Watson's peccadilloes. But a parting shot, something I've periodically wondered about, that I may post in that thread, to maybe throw the fox in amongst the chickens:
[youtube][/youtube]

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Steersman wrote: But a parting shot, something I've periodically wondered about, that I may post in that thread, to maybe throw the fox in amongst the chickens:
[youtube][/youtube]
I can't help wondering, if anti-feminist facts are red pill, and anti-BLM facts are black pills, what colour pill are you going to call this? This is the important question for holocaust denial in the age of the meme war.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

VickyCaramel wrote:
Steersman wrote: But a parting shot, something I've periodically wondered about, that I may post in that thread, to maybe throw the fox in amongst the chickens:
[.youtube][/youtube]
I can't help wondering, if anti-feminist facts are red pill, and anti-BLM facts are black pills, what colour pill are you going to call this? This is the important question for holocaust denial in the age of the meme war.
Indeed. But while I expect that there's more than a small amount of evidence to justify the claim that the holocaust took place - certainly not a denier - it does seem a rather remarkable coincidence that the figure of 6 million has occurred rather often in tale of the trials and tribulations of the Jews. One might suggest that anyone who has any claim at all to the term "skeptic" (or "sceptic" for those of the British persuasion) should at least raise an eyebrow or two at that. And question whether that number has been overinflated, or not, by intent or by carelessness - being charitable.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Steersman wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:
[.youtube][/youtube]
Indeed. But while I expect that there's more than a small amount of evidence to justify the claim that the holocaust took place - certainly not a denier - it does seem a rather remarkable coincidence that the figure of 6 million has occurred rather often in tale of the trials and tribulations of the Jews. One might suggest that anyone who has any claim at all to the term "skeptic" (or "sceptic" for those of the British persuasion) should at least raise an eyebrow or two at that. And question whether that number has been overinflated, or not, by intent or by carelessness - being charitable.
Six million is a nice round number, too nice to be historically accurate. I don't think anyone was ever under the illusion it was an accurate figure.
And as far as I am aware, the letters of the hebrew alphabet correspond to numbers, and Hebrew scholars spend a lot of time adding up words and divining meaning from them based on a Gematria number code. And out of this certain numbers are sacred, especially 3,6,9,12,15,18. There may be biblical prophesies about this, I know the word "holocaust" comes from "burn whole".

Interestingly my father had a very early book on the holocaust which claimed 3 million Jews had died fiery pits.

As Stalin said, "A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic."
As we are into statistics that nobody can quite get their heads around, let them put their magic numbers to it. I'm not going to haggle over the numbers.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

I bet he was surprised Trump won.

free thoughtpolice

A change of topic..
[youtube][/youtube]

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

If you have Vicky on ignore you will miss out on the dangers of English Bigf**t. I was skeptical, but I could not ignore the overwhelming evidence of sticks and noises.

Nah, I get putting Steers on ignore-if you've read three of his posts, you've read every single one of his posts. Only the quoted tweets and fake news sources differ. Vicky provides a wide range of opinions, some of which you are surprised to find uttered by a skeptic, but still never fail to uh...entertain.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

free thoughtpolice wrote::lol: Caine is not happy with palefaces asking questions about her people's spiritual beliefs:
[url]http://archive.is/YF1AQGoo]
Brony, Social Justice Cenobite says
January 6, 2017 at 3:33 pm
@Caine
Would you be willing to answer some questions about the Heyoka?
Caine says
January 6, 2017 at 3:57 pm
Brony:

Would you be willing to answer some questions about the Heyoka?
No. You shouldn’t be discussing Heyoka at all, if that’s what you’re planning. If you’re just curious, read this.
January 6, 2017 at 5:07 pm
@Caine
Thank you for that link. They are very inspiring people. I’m more curious but the article mentions a book.
Can I know why I should not discuss the Heyoka? Thanks again either way.
Caine says
January 6, 2017 at 5:15 pm
Brony:

Can I know why I should not discuss the Heyoka?
Foremost, it’s not your culture. Without the context of culture, you don’t understand the sacred or the ceremony involved. It’s an incredibly white thing to say Heyoka are “very inspiring”. They aren’t there to provide outsiders with inspiration or anything else – this is an intimate and deep part of Lakota life. A very spiritual part. Wakinyan, what does that mean to you? I know what it means to me, and so much more, but you don’t have the background, y’see?
Oh gods, I don’t want to be rude, but if you’re looking for inspiration, can’t you find something a bit closer to your own culture?
January 6, 2017 at 5:32 pm
@Caine
I apologize for my insensitivity. I realize the Heyoka are not mine to claim and failed to show that consideration.
I am looking at my culture for inspiration and will stop posting about this. I like the Heyoka and their relationship with thier people and want to avoid any offense.
Fucking white people. Always trying to steal the Lakota's heritage. :evil:
FtB: bastion of sensitivity to spiritual beliefs.

Fortunately, there's plenty of Brony & Cenobite culture available. As well as all-white churches.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

free thoughtpolice wrote:A change of topic..
[youtube][/youtube]
Apparently he did not kill enough of them. He left a viable breeding population behind.

Too bad.

Still love you charlie. The most wooden actor ever, but he was carved from some pretty good wood.

some guy

Post by some guy »

Ape+lust wrote:Rebecca's Patreon Christmas bubble popped. She's still given obscene amounts of money for each video, but some of the insanity has subsided.

http://imgur.com/4AhEtYn.png

As long as loser beardos like this hang their fantasies on her, she'll get paid to fuck around. She'd better be looking for a real sugar daddy though, 40 is coming up fast.
So it was a virtual bubble: the thing about Patreon is that if you are a patron on the first of the month, then you pay for videos produced in the prior month. The first of the month is the only day that matters. So all those patrons that signed up on Dec 13th but then exited on Dec 31st weren't obligated at all for anything she produced in Dec. (same thing for those that bailed on the last day of Nov: not obligated for anything she did in that month).

Looks suspiciously like gaming the system, by making it seem like she wasn't a sinking ship (because of the end-of-Nov drop) by getting some buds to sign on and inflate her numbers. Which they did, but then every single one of them bailed before they actually had to pay give her money.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

http://heatst.com/culture-wars/cbs-news ... k-beating/

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/01/sh ... lish-book/

https://bullshit.ist/who-are-white-peop ... .yizbkueoh

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2017/01/safe ... -politics/

Highlights from Kotaku in Action today. Pretty good round up of chitterchatter.

I'm so depressed by the left sometimes. I'd love to vote left again.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Also: http://voxday.blogspot.co.nz/2016/08/wh ... ht-is.html

I do think it would be better for Western Culture to be put upon other nations that can't sort their shit, though.

Really?

Post by Really? »

some guy wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:Rebecca's Patreon Christmas bubble popped. She's still given obscene amounts of money for each video, but some of the insanity has subsided.

http://imgur.com/4AhEtYn.png

As long as loser beardos like this hang their fantasies on her, she'll get paid to fuck around. She'd better be looking for a real sugar daddy though, 40 is coming up fast.
So it was a virtual bubble: the thing about Patreon is that if you are a patron on the first of the month, then you pay for videos produced in the prior month. The first of the month is the only day that matters. So all those patrons that signed up on Dec 13th but then exited on Dec 31st weren't obligated at all for anything she produced in Dec. (same thing for those that bailed on the last day of Nov: not obligated for anything she did in that month).

Looks suspiciously like gaming the system, by making it seem like she wasn't a sinking ship (because of the end-of-Nov drop) by getting some buds to sign on and inflate her numbers. Which they did, but then every single one of them bailed before they actually had to pay give her money.
Hat's off, Ape. I am so tickled by the idea that us Pitters apply critical thinking and dogged lulz-seeking to mock these frauds and losers. I don't know how much of a real-world effect we have, but I like to think we have had some effect. I'm sure the baboons have slummed on the Pit to dig up the dirt on Dick.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Lsuoma wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: I'm pretty sure I set up an Israel thread somewhere. Perhaps everyone could take this shit over there, please?
I don't believe in the two thread solution.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I feel like I'm learning stuff about the Israel thing. Mainly that I'm never going to understand it.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

rayshul wrote:I'm so depressed by the left sometimes.
I can't stand the thought of you being depressed. Here is a Becky-booze rodent to cheer you up.

http://www.cutestpaw.com/wp-content/upl ... -views.jpg

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

What's going on with the intel report about Russia's influence here? I'm seeing Wikileaks saying unreservedly that the leaks came from inside, and the leaks were also done through a phishing/whaling attack. What exactly did Russia do here?

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Bhurzum wrote:
I can't stand the thought of you being depressed. Here is a Becky-booze rodent to cheer you up.
so much danger hairrrr

blitzem

Post by blitzem »

Git wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: Good idea. They could have had their capital at Oswiecim in Silesia, and a holiday resort at Stutthof in Pomerania.
Somebody got my pitch black joke.

But seriously, the establishment of Israel in 1948 made little sense.
Incorrect. Afxheilogical evidence shows that what is now Israel has been continuously inhabited by Jews for about 2500 years. In 1829 or so Jews were a majority of Jerusalem. The genetic evidence backs this up too.

The idea that Jews had nothing to do with what is now Israel before 1948 is factually, historically, utterly incorrect.

What is now Israel is the Jewish homeland.

To the Arabs it was only ever a backwater part of Southern Syria without any merit or significance.

Until the Jews dared to assert their independence and behave like anyone else and not be the eternal punchbags of Islam and Christianity.

And the "Palestinians" would rather the Jews have nothing than they themselves have anything even though a Palestinian state already exists in the form of Jordan.
It was the Jewish homeland only after they conquered the Canaanites. But then they might have been fighting themselves as the idea has recently surfaced that the Jews descended from the people of Canaan as the Exodus never really happened. Then the Jews got conquered, moved, resettled and then conquered again...a couple of times. Kirbmarcs' point is not invalidated by spurious claims of "we got here first, motherfuckers".

blitzem

Post by blitzem »

Lsuoma wrote:
Sorry FT. Didn't see this until after I had posted.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Shatterface wrote:
MacGruberKnows wrote:Escape velocity means a ballistic (coasting) object can travel forever and there would never be enough gravitational potential energy to equal the kinetic energy at the moment the object began coasting even though gravitational potential energy would be increasing at all times and kinetic energy would be decreasing. This is because gravitational force decreases with the square of the distance between two object the integral used to calculate gravitation energy limits to a finite amount. An infinite distance between the two objects does not give an infinite amount of gravitational energy. So for any distance the object is from earth there is a finite escape velocity.

So if an object was flung off into space at 460 m/s from a mass that now equals 0, the gravitational potential energy would at all times be zero. Newton says for a mass' velocity to change an external force must affect it. That external force, the gravitational force from a non-existent earth is gone. The object will travel forever at 460 m/s unless other forces, like the sun, Jupiter and whatnot affect it.
If the Earth vanished then yes, it's mass would be zero, but you'd still be in the Sun's gravitational field and an initial velocity of 460 m/s isn't going to get you to Jupiter as the escape velocity of the Sun is about 42 km at this distance.

Anyway, the only reason I brought up the idea of Earth vanishing was to illustrate that an object of the mass of the Earth would travel in almost exactly the same orbit as an object the mass of a human being given that the mass of the sun is enormous in comparison to either.
Just buy Universe Sandbox² and try it out yourself. After reading this discussion, I know I will use that tasty little software a bit more.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

rayshul wrote:I feel like I'm learning stuff about the Israel thing. Mainly that I'm never going to understand it.
Oh that one is simple.

There are more or less only two things to bear in mind with this ME conflict. It is like all ME conflicts in that :

a). There are no clean hands.
b). The resolution to the conflict will occur when one side is exterminated.

All the rest are details.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

I just saw this posted over on Kiwi Farms Brianna Wu thread, thought some of you might like it :mrgreen:

[youtube][/youtube]

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

It's hardly surprising that they wish Hitler had finished the job. Lebanon used to be known as the Monte Carlo of the Middle East until Israel decided to get involved. I doubt any of them could actually give you a definition of fascism, they just hate Jews which is no big surprise.
Just like Monte Carlo. I'm sure that Phil will tell us about how Hezbollah controls a third of Monte Carlo and fires rockets at Nice.
Your muslim pals were pushing out the Xtians and secularists and jews even before Israel invaded. You want to blame the Israelis for fucking up Lebanon? Iran, Syria, and Hezbollah dindu nuffin?
Weeelll, Ali does work for a Lebanese billionaire who happens to live in Monte Carlo. But she's Jewish, so all well and fine.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Oglebart wrote:I just saw this posted over on Kiwi Farms Brianna Wu thread, thought some of you might like it :mrgreen:

[youtube][/youtube]
What a bleeding heart commie.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Bhurzum wrote:

http://www.cutestpaw.com/wp-content/upl ... -views.jpg
Closer inspection shows that this may be of the Muskrato genus. I'm still not able to determine the gender though.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Watson volunteered at a dog shelter - and was promptly bitten.

http://i.imgur.com/9DKr6Az.jpg

Meanwhile at the brive homestead ....

http://i.imgur.com/aB54pFe.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Bastards.

feathers

Post by feathers »

BarnOwl wrote:Tomorrow I'm going to search under some of the larger trees away from the horse barns, and see if there are any pie-worthy pecans.
Or pie-worthy pecan-larded squirrels! Yummie!

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Brive1987 wrote:Watson volunteered at a dog shelter - and was promptly bitten.

http://i.imgur.com/9DKr6Az.jpg
We should quarantine the dog until we're sure it shows no signs of leaching off society.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Are you going to close her Patreon and Twitch accounts then :rimshot:

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Brive, I was going to ask you for a (p)update on the doggy situation, how's it going? What name have you decided on for him/her?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

rayshul wrote:http://heatst.com/culture-wars/cbs-news ... k-beating/

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/01/sh ... lish-book/

https://bullshit.ist/who-are-white-peop ... .yizbkueoh

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2017/01/safe ... -politics/

Highlights from Kotaku in Action today. Pretty good round up of chitterchatter.

I'm so depressed by the left sometimes. I'd love to vote left again.
great links.... but there's something deeply suspicious about that last one. It describes white guilt morons who wear safety pins, 'i pay reperations' t-shirts and compete to see whose "performative wokeness" is "more woker"... yet the entire article lacks mention of the word "cuck" to describe those huge cucks. Instead it claims the alt-right's trademark equivalent to the safety-pin is.... the swastika?!! Surely the author or editorial dictate is dancing-around telling the reader the straightforward truth.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

VickyCaramel wrote:
[youtube][/youtube]
Of all the accents I imagined might have narrated that video, pitmatic was not one. Probably ought to be appointed as the official dialect of the Pit, though.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

screwtape wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:
[youtube][/youtube]
Of all the accents I imagined might have narrated that video, pitmatic was not one. Probably ought to be appointed as the official dialect of the Pit, though.
Sorry to go off on a tangent, but didn't the guy who did the 1/3rd of the holocaust series describe himself as an engineer?
It just occured to me as I just watched a Douglas Murray interview where he brought up that Osama bin Laden and some other extremist preacher were engineers. This caught my attention because I remembered that James Randi had said that engineers were easy people to fool and since then i have noticed that engineers pop up all over the place in connection with whacky and extremist views. When they tell you that people who join cults are usually above average intelligence, they usually point to members with degrees in engineering. How many of Intelligent design's proponents are engineers, or biological engineers. Whenever they say there is no consensus on climate change it is because they have surveyed scientists AND engineers.

:nin:
Damn, I'm not first. I just googled "crackpot engineer" and found Salem Hypothesis: http://scienceblogs.com/tfk/2007/11/11/ ... explained/

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

VickyCaramel wrote:Sorry to go off on a tangent, but didn't the guy who did the 1/3rd of the holocaust series describe himself as an engineer?
It just occured to me as I just watched a Douglas Murray interview where he brought up that Osama bin Laden and some other extremist preacher were engineers. This caught my attention because I remembered that James Randi had said that engineers were easy people to fool and since then i have noticed that engineers pop up all over the place in connection with whacky and extremist views. When they tell you that people who join cults are usually above average intelligence, they usually point to members with degrees in engineering. How many of Intelligent design's proponents are engineers, or biological engineers. Whenever they say there is no consensus on climate change it is because they have surveyed scientists AND engineers.

Damn, I'm not first. I just googled "crackpot engineer" and found Salem Hypothesis: http://scienceblogs.com/tfk/2007/11/11/ ... explained/
My two cents on the matter is that engineers are clever people (they have to be) but that they're taught to listen, believe and obey. They're rarely if ever taught why the equations they use work. They're rarely taught to be skeptical even of what on a superficial analysis seem to work. They're simply taught that their equations work and that's it. Engineers tend to trust what seems to work without asking themselves why, so they tend to be ideologically conservative and as a consequence they're attracted to ideologically conservative conspiracy theories (creationism, climate change denialism, religious wackyness), with little to no skepticism.

On the other hand an idle hypothesis that I have is that people working in the humanities have to exact same problem of lack of skepticism and dogmatism since they're rarely thought but since they're more interested in caring about other humans instead of simply trusting what works they're more attracted to ideologically progressive conspiracy theories (Social Justice, regressive leftism, environmentalist bullshit, granola girl woo).

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

"Since they're rarely thought" should read "since they're rarely thought skepticism".

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

deLurch wrote:I still have trouble believing that some people pay other people to watch them play video games. Then again, people pay to watch athletes play instead of playing themselves which I don't understand either.
When I'm in that honeymoon phase with a game and can't get enough of it, I will watch free Youtube "let's play"s, but I wouldn't pay for it.

Some streamers are actually quite entertaining and if they're good at the game, they can enlighten you on tips and tricks as they play.

Mr. X, Indeed

Post by Mr. X, Indeed »

"Kiss our asses and we might grace your podunk racist town with a call center."
She's a Cornell MBA who has a marketing(!) firm in SF. I wonder how many homeless she steps over and ignores on the way to work everyday. If the rest of us pull ourselves up by our bootstraps we can be as wonderful as her.

I have no idea why people consider the Dems to be elitist.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Kirbmarc wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:Sorry to go off on a tangent, but didn't the guy who did the 1/3rd of the holocaust series describe himself as an engineer?

My two cents on the matter is that engineers are clever people (they have to be) but that they're taught to listen, believe and obey. They're rarely if ever taught why the equations they use work. They're rarely taught to be skeptical even of what on a superficial analysis seem to work. They're simply taught that their equations work and that's it. Engineers tend to trust what seems to work without asking themselves why, so they tend to be ideologically conservative and as a consequence they're attracted to ideologically conservative conspiracy theories (creationism, climate change denialism, religious wackyness), with little to no skepticism.
I tend to agree. I remember hearing James Randi talk about it, and I don't really remember if it was in this context of if he made a big deal of it, but he seemed to suggest two parts to their problem. The first is Maslow's Hammer and that they tend to think of everything in terms of what they know. One of the problems with this is that engineering problems seldom contain malice and aren't trying to deceive you and this makes the particularly susceptible to cults.

The other problem they may have is simple overconfidence in how smart they think they are. And having leapt to the wrong conclusion, they are immensely clever at post-hoc rationalizations. I have argued with 9/11 truthers who are engineers who have thrown pages of equations at me, they can find 101 ways in which official explanations are wrong, but not a single explanation of how the building was wired for explosives. Much the same for creationists, they attack the science, thinking that if they can undermine it their fantasies will become the default.

Malky

Post by Malky »

Kirbmarc wrote:

On the other hand an idle hypothesis that I have is that people working in the humanities have to exact same problem of lack of skepticism and dogmatism since they're rarely thought but since they're more interested in caring about other humans instead of simply trusting what works they're more attracted to ideologically progressive conspiracy theories (Social Justice, regressive leftism, environmentalist bullshit, granola girl woo).
I have to take issue with this - particularly the highlighted but above. My degree is is Mech Eng (From Imperial College) and it is certainly not my recollection of how I was taught. From memory we were taught how the equations weuised were derived and we were expected to understand them not just use them as a template to plug numbers in. We knew that most of what were deriving could not actually be solved but the next stage was how to approximate to enable a calculation to be done and solved for a practical situations. Also at college they were at the cutting edge of what were new techniques at the time including stuff such a finite element analysis and computer modelling items such a stress fractures.