Post by Ape+lust »

Old butch lesbian?

Self-awareness: None.

http://imgur.com/TCTIy74.jpg

Really?

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by Really? »

GenerallyFading wrote:
Spike13 wrote:Anyone have any info. On the Clinton foundation shuttering the Clinton Global Initiative?

Doesn't look like the story has been picked up by too many outlets.

Apparently the Clinton foundation published a WARN realease to announce lay offs for CGI.

Supposedly this was announced in -house back in Sept. ( whether this is BS or not has not been confirmed)

It seems big international contributors such as Austria and Norway have been walking away form their annual yearly commitments to the foundation.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-1 ... -initative
The mainstream sources have picked up the story.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/01 ... tions.html
While Hillary Clinton’s presidential prospects were quashed mere months after Bill Clinton penned his August letter, other factors may have contributed to CGI’s ending despite the disappearance of looming conflict-of-interest issues.

While the 2011 CGI meeting boasted a roster of 46 sponsors, that number had been cut in half by the final September summit, Politico reported. And since Clinton’s presidential election loss in November, other donors have cut back or stopped giving to the overarching Clinton Foundation, too. After 10 years and more than $88 million in donations, the Australian government decided against renewing its partnership with the foundation, news.com.au reported. Norway reduced its giving from $20 million in 2015 to $4.2 million in 2016.

The final CGI event came only days before anti-secrecy website WikiLeaks released a trove of emails from the account of Hillary Clinton campaign Chairman John Podesta. Some of the emails, dating as far back as 2008, revealed internal tensions – and possible impropriety – among the Clintons and CGI insiders.

“I signed a conflict of interest policy as a board member of cgi,” top Clinton confidant Doug Band wrote in a Nov. 17 email to Podesta in which he referred to Clinton by his initials, WJC. “…Oddly, wjc does not have to sign such a document even though he is personally paid by 3 cgi sponsors, gets many expensive gifts from them, some that are at home etc.”

He added: “I could add 500 different examples of things like this.”

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Old_ones wrote:
Steersman wrote: Yea. Forthcoming "Woman's March" likely to be a close second for entertainment: .
lol.

"Hey hey ho ho, our honkey allies got to go! Hey hey ho ho we don't march with kafir anymo"

I wonder how many years of this we are going to watch before the left finally realizes that their circular firing squads and struggle sessions only help Trump. He's a lucky guy. With a resistance like this, who needs supporters?
A few more years, yet, judging by recent insanities. Even then, they get to live in a lonely, angry, isolated state where they realise they jumped on the wrong bus, but can't openly "come out" against SJWism, a bit like Ophelia "Cobweb" Benson. Have you seen her ramblings, lately. All she can do if tweet-link to her copypasta rage articles about Trump, that nobody reads.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Kirbmarc wrote: My personal wish is Tulsi Gabbard to get some kind of office 2020. I know that she's probably too young to be president, but I'd love for her to be the US Secretary of State. Come on yanks, you can do it.
Had to look her up. She's not well-known over here in cold Blighty, but I notice she served in the Army, reaching the rank of Major. I bet some of the more SJW-minded Dems will have their cognitive dissonance challenged, there. I reckon her Hindu ancestry will give her enough "intersectional privilege" to compensate for that.

SkepticalCat

Post by SkepticalCat »

Spike13 wrote:Anyone have any info. On the Clinton foundation shuttering the Clinton Global Initiative?

Doesn't look like the story has been picked up by too many outlets.

Apparently the Clinton foundation published a WARN realease to announce lay offs for CGI.

Supposedly this was announced in -house back in Sept. ( whether this is BS or not has not been confirmed)
The Clintons announced well before the election that CGI would be shut down:

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/arti ... e-worn-off

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: My personal wish is Tulsi Gabbard to get some kind of office 2020. I know that she's probably too young to be president, but I'd love for her to be the US Secretary of State. Come on yanks, you can do it.
Had to look her up. She's not well-known over here in cold Blighty, but I notice she served in the Army, reaching the rank of Major. I bet some of the more SJW-minded Dems will have their cognitive dissonance challenged, there. I reckon her Hindu ancestry will give her enough "intersectional privilege" to compensate for that.
She'd make the SJWs' heads spin. She could criticize their excesses without being attacked, she could call out muslim supremacists without being accused of racism, just like Anjuli Pandavar over at FTB. She's their worst nightmare: the kind of person they claim to be oppressed who doesn't give a shit about their narratives of oppression, and yet she's still a leftie. As you write the cognitive dissonance would shock them, maybe some of them would even start questioning their assumptions.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Looks like someone did some feminist counting with respect to the letters in "Trump."

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Kirbmarc wrote:
She'd make the SJWs' heads spin. She could criticize their excesses without being attacked, she could call out muslim supremacists without being accused of racism, just like Anjuli Pandavar over at FTB. She's their worst nightmare: the kind of person they claim to be oppressed who doesn't give a shit about their narratives of oppression, and yet she's still a leftie. As you write the cognitive dissonance would shock them, maybe some of them would even start questioning their assumptions.
I would not think that she is immune from criticism (after all Ayaan Hirsi Ali gets her share). It may take a while but eventually I think the SJWs would be able to grow a narrative of 'bigotry' for Gabbard.

They might have to be a bit repetitive - for example in giving the history of animosity between Hindus and Muslims - but they would get there in the end.

I'm sure it would not take too long before Gabbard became an honourary 'white'.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Fucking hell, I'm wrecked. Came down with real flu last Thursday, and this is the first day since Friday my temperature has been below 38C/100F. Now I can RECOGNIZE how shitty I feel.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Early days, but reports coming in that one of those Turkish gunmen have been captured - ALIVE. I would have bet against that.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2UsAXdXAAAWyRR.jpg

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

MarcusAu wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
I would not think that she is immune from criticism (after all Ayaan Hirsi Ali gets her share). It may take a while but eventually I think the SJWs would be able to grow a narrative of 'bigotry' for Gabbard.

They might have to be a bit repetitive - for example in giving the history of animosity between Hindus and Muslims - but they would get there in the end.

I'm sure it would not take too long before Gabbard became an honourary 'white'.
They'd look ridiculous though.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Gene Cernan has shuffled of his immortal lunar coil.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Lsuoma wrote:Fucking hell, I'm wrecked. Came down with real flu last Thursday, and this is the first day since Friday my temperature has been below 38C/100F. Now I can RECOGNIZE how shitty I feel.

You sound like PZ facing a pile of marking. Toughen up cowboy.

And get well soon.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Old_ones wrote:
Steersman wrote: Yea. Forthcoming "Woman's March" likely to be a close second for entertainment:
[.tweet][/tweet]
lol.

"Hey hey ho ho, our honkey allies got to go! Hey hey ho ho we don't march with kafir anymo"

I wonder how many years of this we are going to watch before the left finally realizes that their circular firing squads and struggle sessions only help Trump. He's a lucky guy. With a resistance like this, who needs supporters?
:-) Yea. Never have so many people been shooting themselves in the feet so often - to coin a phrase:

Democrats - most of them by the look of it - sure seem reluctant to consider that their policies and philosophies were a large part of the reason why Clinton lost, that they maybe need to retool before their next production run.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Ape+lust wrote:Old butch lesbian?

Haha. You only get one shot before being blocked.

Thank you.

http://i.imgur.com/JJXjK7d.jpg

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Old_ones wrote: <snip>

Hillary wasn't a good candidate either. There is a reason she got beat by a relative unknown in 2008 and strongly challenged by Sanders last year. I'm thankful that she'll be too fucking old to run in 2020, because I wouldn't put it past her otherwise. The Democratic party needs candidates that are younger and more charismatic than her, and preferably ones who don't have cynicism seeping out of their pores.
I agree, Hillary's campaign was terrible.

My personal wish is Tulsi Gabbard to get some kind of office 2020. I know that she's probably too young to be president, but I'd love for her to be the US Secretary of State. Come on yanks, you can do it.
Tulsi Gabbard wrote:"I think we should ask the reverse question, [which] is what is the United States doing to hold Saudi Arabia accountable for being the number one promoter of radical Islamic extremism, not only in their own country, but around the world, spending hundreds of billions of dollars in funding madrassas and schools and books and media outreach trying to influence people towards this ideology that fuels ISIS, fueling al Qaeda, what to speak of the direct and indirect support that Saudi Arabia and some of these other Gulf states gives directly to the enemy that we are supposed to be fighting and defeating. So, I think it is an important time and question for us, in the United States, to ask: Is Saudi Arabia willing to be our ally? And if they are, then they need to stop this funding, stop this support of Islamic extremists, stop promoting that ideology, and stand with us and focus on defeating our enemy: ISIS"
Fuck yeah.
Speaking of whom:

The times, they are a-changin ....

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

[quote="Steersman"]

Accidents insurance etc...
[/quote

Sorry, but not true at all, and I don't want to single you out as it's a commonly held misconception, but there is zero evidence it's less safe, and the small number of studies that have been done - the Hurt report the best known - show it's marginally safer for the motorcyclist.

Even so, the biggest benefit is bikes are no longer traffic.

Do you want to be stuck behind two cars and a bike, or two cars?

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Sulman wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Accidents insurance etc...
Sorry, but not true at all, and I don't want to single you out as it's a commonly held misconception, but there is zero evidence it's less safe, and the small number of studies that have been done - the Hurt report the best known - show it's marginally safer for the motorcyclist.

Even so, the biggest benefit is bikes are no longer traffic.

Do you want to be stuck behind two cars and a bike, or two cars?
No problemo - I've got wide shoulders and a thick skin, though some might say "naturally obtuse" or "excessively literalist nincompoop" ... ;-)

But a few quotes & links, both of which reference your Hurt Report, the first from Motorcycle:
The other studies to which Pope is referring is the Hurt Report from 1981, a recent MSF 100 Motorcyclist Naturalistic study conducted in conjunction with the Virginia Tech Traffic Institute, and the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) Motorcycle Crash Causation Study. None of these specifically targeted lane splitting as a primary element of scrutiny.

The Hurt Report has long stood as the de facto source of information regarding motorcycle accidents in America, largely because no other resource was available until FHWA’s Motorcycle Crash Causation Study was funded years ago and continues to gather data into 2014. That study, like the Hurt Report, is broad-based and will provide little if any insight into motorcycle lane splitting.

“Lane splitting is theoretically advantageous because there’s no way to statistically disprove it’s safer because there’s been no study from which to pull the information from,” says Dave Thom, a co-author of the Hurt Report. ....
And of course, Wikipedia:
Lane splitting is controversial in the United States,[16][17][18][19] and is sometimes an issue in other countries. Questions are debated as to whether or not it is legal, whether or not it should be legal, and whether or not it should be practiced regardless of legality. Bills to legalize lane splitting have been introduced in state legislatures around the US over the last twenty years but none had been enacted until California's legislature passed such a bill in August, 2016.[20][21][22][23][24][25][26]

Filtering forward, in stopped or extremely slow traffic, requires very slow speed and awareness that in a door zone, vehicle doors may unexpectedly open. Also, unexpected vehicle movements such as lane changes may occur with little warning. Buses and tractor-trailers require extreme care, as the cyclist may be nearly invisible to the drivers who may not expect someone to be filtering forward. To avoid a hook collision with a turning vehicle at an intersection after filtering forward to the intersection, cyclists are taught to either take a position directly in front of the stopped lead vehicle, or stay behind the lead vehicle. Cyclists should not stop directly at the passenger side of the lead vehicle, that being a blind spot. ....

SkepticalCat

Post by SkepticalCat »

Lsuoma wrote:Gene Cernan has shuffled of his immortal lunar coil.
Eugene Cernan, last man to stand on the moon, December 13, 1972. I have his autograph packed away somewhere.

Hope you are feeling better soon, Lsuoma!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

SkepticalCat wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:Gene Cernan has shuffled of his immortal lunar coil.
Eugene Cernan, last man to stand on the moon, December 13, 1972. I have his autograph packed away somewhere.

Hope you are feeling better soon, Lsuoma!
I wonder if they had a tontine.

And thanks for the best wishes...

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

SkepticalCat wrote:Eugene Cernan, last man to stand on the moon, December 13, 1972.
I thought Sting held that honour?

:dance:

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

The Pit is losing a step. All the talk about Tulsi Gabbard and no mention that she's also highly doable? For shame.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

NoGodsEver wrote:The Pit is losing a step. All the talk about Tulsi Gabbard and no mention that she's also highly doable? For shame.
She's ok but she's no Melody Hensley...

Guest_46b14511

Post by Guest_46b14511 »

Will someone summarize what happened with Nerd of Redhead, or provide links? Thanks.

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

Guest_46b14511 wrote:Will someone summarize what happened with Nerd of Redhead, or provide links? Thanks.
Nerds wife died last week.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/affinity/20 ... ment-16756

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

NoGodsEver wrote:The Pit is losing a step. All the talk about Tulsi Gabbard and no mention that she's also highly doable? For shame.
It did occur to me, but I felt that the more senior Pitters had first dibs. For me, admiring a woman is an enormous turn-on. Competence is erotic. And sharing sexual experiences with incredible women like her is so what I want out of life. She fairly radiates agency.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Easy J wrote:
It did occur to me, but I felt that the more senior Pitters had first dibs.
FWIW, I think you qualify as a senior Pitter, if that were to mean anything important (see: Steersman). I love your shit!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Last night I watched the documentary "I'll Be Me" on Netflix, about Glen Campbell continuing to tour & perform country music even-as Alzheimiers took away memory of where to find the bathroom in his own home, his kids' names, what day or year it was.

It's great. The film could have easily-been a soft-focus bittersweet heartwarming nostalgic tearjeaker puff-piece. And the film-makers were clearly open-to that angle. But Glen Campbell gave them waaaay more to work-with. The dude's weapon of choice to battle the disease-- was sheer charm. He couldn't remember the word "Apple" 30 seconds after the doctor told him to remember it... but, when the teleprompter on stage left him with no lyrics... he riffed to the audience: "Sometimes I walk into the kitchen & can't remember why I went in there. Does that happen to you? I licked it. I stopped going into the kitchen." Another time, he covered for his onstage errors by switching to Elvis-impersonation voice-- goofing-on the shitty jokes Elvis told when he was too stoned to remember the words.

There's a dark side to that-- Glen Campbell was a drunken mess for many years & may have developed a veneer of good humor then-- the classic drunkard attempt at misdirection from the problem. But Alzheimers tends to make people cranky & paranoid. Being a drunk may have taught him to be magnanimous about feeling disgraced. But at the point the film was made-- he was too far gone to be faking. The candid footage provides so much to ponder-- about how our minds work.

After that, I watched an episode of Always Sunny In Philadelphia, where Mac & Charlie make asses of themselves at a job interview & working in a corporate mailroom. The low-comedy Dunning-Kruger juxtaposition of their high self-regard & low actual abilities... buttressed the themes of the Glen Campbell movie.

I felt a shudder, remembering being 19 & working as a legal secretary for a year-- and badly screwing-up the filing system of important client documents/ as well as the computer copies of documents like contracts & affidavits. Then I looked-around at my laundry on the floor, dishes in the sink, and jumbled clutter of possessions across 3 tables against the wall. In my mind, it's about a day or 2 of work, to sort everything out. I've been unable (is 'able' the right word?) to unpack, since I moved-in here last August. I've got a lot of dread about the pictures of my ex, the artifacts of our old life. And all the grownup paperwork which got out of hand long-ago.

Meanwhile, my dog seems to have crossed a threshold, in the last week or so. His knees have been bad for years... back legs basically don't bend. But now he seems to have gotten too fat to lean-forward & drag his back-half upright, to stand. He can still do it, but not on a slippery floor, or from an awkward position on the bed. His eyes are milky with cataracts, but it's not clear how blind he is, until he fails to chase squirrels or fetch balls, at the park.

He's not beat yet... hopefully has a few more years. I could go either way... might have enough juice left in me to ascend to a better plateau, before decline outpaces all improvement. Or maybe I won't get it together & will have to decline from this meager level.

Couch's description of his brother's death struck a chord with me. Diving underwater is like entering the mythical underworld. It takes us out of the normal context of whoever-we-are on the surface. Viscerally present in the water, like meditation. A seizure also reduces the world to what's viscerally occurring right now/ not what anything 'means'. I'm not sugar-coating drowning. But those circumstances may-have approximated a state which people strive to attain, smoking their prescription marijuana & practicing mindfulness, in a hospice.

Today was better. Even tho dog was dragging his back toes, after a walk in the park... he was happy. The woman I'm seeing wanted to know if I'd mind-- if she answered an employment ad for dominatrixes, at a fancy Park Avenue dungeon. The job doesn't involve fucking or sucking-- so I don't care if she cuffs & whips some rich faggots & calls them names & they lick her shoes. Good for her. She's older than me. She has zero stripper-mentality... that weird money-grubbing personality. Life ain't over. More wild cards to come.

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

Service Dog wrote:Last night I watched the documentary "I'll Be Me" on Netflix, about Glen Campbell continuing to tour & perform country music even-as Alzheimiers took away memory of where to find the bathroom in his own home, his kids' names, what day or year it was.

It's great. The film could have easily-been a soft-focus bittersweet heartwarming nostalgic tearjeaker puff-piece. And the film-makers were clearly open-to that angle. But Glen Campbell gave them waaaay more to work-with. The dude's weapon of choice to battle the disease-- was sheer charm. He couldn't remember the word "Apple" 30 seconds after the doctor told him to remember it... but, when the teleprompter on stage left him with no lyrics... he riffed to the audience: "Sometimes I walk into the kitchen & can't remember why I went in there. Does that happen to you? I licked it. I stopped going into the kitchen." Another time, he covered for his onstage errors by switching to Elvis-impersonation voice-- goofing-on the shitty jokes Elvis told when he was too stoned to remember the words.

There's a dark side to that-- Glen Campbell was a drunken mess for many years & may have developed a veneer of good humor then-- the classic drunkard attempt at misdirection from the problem. But Alzheimers tends to make people cranky & paranoid. Being a drunk may have taught him to be magnanimous about feeling disgraced. But at the point the film was made-- he was too far gone to be faking. The candid footage provides so much to ponder-- about how our minds work.
Well now i want to see "I'll Be Me". Im sold.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Coincidence? I think not.

PZ gets a little extra dribble from his spank-wank.

http://i.imgur.com/2ngYUid.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/CZ5sM0r.jpg

I so want to see PZ's head explode on Friday. It would be a pity for this experience to have simply provided him with a reason to exist.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Had to go to FTB to check the comic (I wasn't sure what was going on but it's the infamous marshmallow test).

Interestingly simply typing "FTB" into google Peezy's site doesn't show up until the fourth page of results. Surely that hasn't always been the case, but it'd be a bit harder to prove than something like Alexa rankings.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

As Trump assumes power & starts fucking-up, it's going to be hard to keep appreciating him.
We're gonna forget what he saved us from.

One Point Five Billion New Muslim Immigrant Neighbors, for example.

http://i.imgur.com/xqwnoLo.png?1

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Service Dog wrote:As Trump assumes power & starts fucking-up, it's going to be hard to keep appreciating him.
We're gonna forget what he saved us from.

One Point Five Billion New Muslim Immigrant Neighbors, for example.

http://i.imgur.com/xqwnoLo.png?1

Ah, she never intended to keep any of her promises. The difference with Trump was, he realized all you had to do was be a better huckster. Hillary was trying to keep her lies believable, and Trump played cards that hadn't been invented yet. He's gonna stick the swamp with a new super-breed of slime judging by his cabinet picks. It's all lies, but Trump may not have lied to himself, or maybe just decided to go balls-out brazen.

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

Brive1987 wrote:Coincidence? I think not.

What is Watson talking about here? Anyone know?

feathers

Post by feathers »

Sunder wrote:Another post on a Gallup poll showing that the number of people identifying as LGBT is <2% among people who identify as "highly religious" and 7% among "no religious affiliation." There was a time that might simply be chalked up to underreporting by the religious, but today it could just as easily be overreporting by the nonreligious (i.e., boring straight people hopping aboard the special gender identifier bandwagon while still choosing the same old sexual partners, assuming they can find any).
Then we might end in the middle with 5%, which sounds plausible to me.

feathers

Post by feathers »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
A female Hindu major. I'd say only one of those three qualifiers is a serious obstruction to the presidency of the USA.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

What the holy fuck is this?

Oggy' just rolled his eyes and fainted with loss of blood to the brain.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Apologies for the cartoon tease. I just assumed anything both PZ and RW pushed was uninteresting BS and it was their desperate entanglement that rated a cocked eyebrow.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Easy J wrote:
It did occur to me, but I felt that the more senior Pitters had first dibs. For me, admiring a woman is an enormous turn-on. Competence is erotic. And sharing sexual experiences with incredible women like her is so what I want out of life. She fairly radiates agency.
The Ts & Cs I signed on joining said you got a years seniority for every 2000 posts.

Com. You want to explain this little shit-berry?
I hope you at least put a note on the door.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Looking at Tulsi I quite like her I can see other conservatives voting her way

feathers

Post by feathers »

Bhurzum wrote:
She's ok but she's no Melody Hensley...
http://www.osamashaeer.com/images/drop.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Chris Hall.

Orbiteer.

Survivor.

This post represents me trying to crawl from the mental wreckage caused by the Presidential election.

The first few days after the Presidential election, I could barely move. Most of them were spent just lying in bed, nightmare scenarios running through my brain, and my body swelling with nausea.

Somewhere in my last two years of college, I remember making the conscious decision that I should never own a gun. Those days after November 8 were a crystal-clear example of why.

I’m going to stop there. There’s only so much yo It took me forever to write those three grafs, and most people reading this can probably write their own account of the trauma and grief that followed the realization that we had put a totalitarian man-baby into the White House.

My emotions about the situation are highly unstable, and anything I write from here on out is likely to be how I’m feeling in the moment. I’ve been zipping back and forth from panic attacks where I feel that we’re all doomed, to periods of extreme anger when I’m ready to get out and fight until I’m bloody. Sometimes I even feel optimism, like John Lewis openly questioned Donald Trump’s legitimacy the other day. The worst thing that any of us can feel right now is that we’re alone with our anger and fear, and every time someone like John Lewis speaks up, I know that’s not true.

I’ve wanted to write ever since the election, but I’ve been too depressed or overwhelmed to write. I can’t get the words out, and sometimes the issues just seem far too big to take on. Even under normal circumstances, I often find myself struggling to prioritize what I should write about. That’s one of the reasons for the long silences on my blog: for every one of those long stretches, I have a dozen partly-written essays. The ridiculous, venal game of whack-a-mole that Trump and the GOP have set in motion is making it even harder. Focusing on one of the horrors of the oncoming Trump regime feels like I’m neglecting the others.

But I have to write, for my mental health as well as for activism’s sake. Just as Greta Christina and Alex Gabriel have done before me, I’m going to make a focused effort to put a lot more writing up here in the next month, although I’m not making a specific target like they did. Maybe that’s a mistake, but my brain isn’t quite to the stage where I can make that firm a commitment.

Here’s hoping that we all survive, whatever that means.
Oh please.

Please don't stop.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... WWlO4Ik7NA

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Had to make the obvious rhetorical point.

http://i.imgur.com/AE76I88.jpg

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Brive1987 wrote:Had to make the obvious rhetorical point.

http://i.imgur.com/AE76I88.jpg
I actually know of (not know) a woman who attempted suicide because of Trump's election. I think what's going on here is there are always a set of people who are on the brink of one kind of breakdown or another. Any event they consider traumatic will push a subset of the set over the edge. This really hit me in California once in the aftermath of an earthquake. I kept hearing about people having breakdowns. These weren't people whose houses got destroyed or who were in bridge or building collapses. They were just people who, for whatever reason, interpreted the event as personal persecution and as their world falling apart.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Yes, he struck me as a noose looking for a branch.

Many of the SJ-orbit types do. That's why I didn't just come out with a "oh for gods sake jump". Cause he probably would.

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

Steersman wrote:Too old to be taking such gambles:
I don't drink much, I don't smoke
I don't be hardly mess around with no dope
Yeah I used to be a problem but
Now I am a careful man.
More or less :-)
Yeah, it's the same with me. The fact is, Keith Richards excepted, our bodies are less and less able to take the abuse as we get older. I still occasionally go on a bender, but it's very rare, and takes a week to recover from.

And with dope, I find that the tolerance builds up so quickly that I end up smoking myself straight after about a week of the regular pace of smoking I used to indulged in (of the "roll a joint on getting out of bed" variety). So nowadays, it's a rare treat, and perforce over pretty quickly.

Modern scientifically-developed mutant strains of dope are like strong spirits compared to the beers of our youth. I sometimes worry for those of our young people who are smoking the dopine equivalent of a couple of bottles of vodka every day.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

http://i.imgur.com/YG8X8kx.jpg

Four. Students.

Gotta be trolling the horde.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Hunt wrote:I actually know of (not know) a woman who attempted suicide because of Trump's election. I think what's going on here is there are always a set of people who are on the brink of one kind of breakdown or another. Any event they consider traumatic will push a subset of the set over the edge. This really hit me in California once in the aftermath of an earthquake. I kept hearing about people having breakdowns. These weren't people whose houses got destroyed or who were in bridge or building collapses. They were just people who, for whatever reason, interpreted the event as personal persecution and as their world falling apart.
Sounds like natural selection doing its job.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Brive1987 wrote:http://i.imgur.com/YG8X8kx.jpg

Four. Students.

I hate to do this, but I'm gonna play Devil's Peezus's advocate: It being an independent study course with a small size probably means more than the usual amount of facetime with students working on whatever project or paper. Maybe.

Or heck, maybe he is just trolling them. Maybe he's George Jetson trudging home complaining about how sore his finger is from pushing buttons for two hours at work.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Service Dog wrote: In my mind, it's about a day or 2 of work, to sort everything out. I've been unable (is 'able' the right word?) to unpack, since I moved-in here last August. I've got a lot of dread about the pictures of my ex, the artifacts of our old life. And all the grownup paperwork which got out of hand long-ago.
A very resonant sentence for me. Most of the possessions and divvied-up detritus of my former decade-long relationship remain secreted within plastic crates in the garage. Its some kind of practical metaphor.
It's been six years, she now is married and has progressed her career. Meanwhile I feel like my own life simply petered out at some point along the way.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Mykeru has been quiet on the video front for 5 months.

:think:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Sunder wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:http://i.imgur.com/YG8X8kx.jpg

Four. Students.

I hate to do this, but I'm gonna play Devil's Peezus's advocate: It being an independent study course with a small size probably means more than the usual amount of facetime with students working on whatever project or paper. Maybe.

Or heck, maybe he is just trolling them. Maybe he's George Jetson trudging home complaining about how sore his finger is from pushing buttons for two hours at work.
Sounds more like a tutorial than a lecture. He may have to have more dialog. Offset by minimal marking.

But the way he dropped 4 without context one way or the other makes me think he had intent.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Lsuoma wrote:Fucking hell, I'm wrecked. Came down with real flu last Thursday, and this is the first day since Friday my temperature has been below 38C/100F. Now I can RECOGNIZE how shitty I feel.
Fluids man, fucking fluids. Make sure you're getting them.

Getting hit by a real bug, puts head colds into perspective. I was hit by one on my way out of N.Africa (12 hour route out) that was so fucking bad i was losing conciousness. Literally dropping unconcious lol. Had half my weight in kit on my back too. Great fun.

Get well soon xx

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Ape+lust wrote:Old butch lesbian?

Where's the grey pubes stuck to her lip?

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

NoGodsEver wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Coincidence? I think not.

What is Watson talking about here? Anyone know?
My take is that Roache must be a friend of PZ Myers or Lousy Canuck.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Why do I get the feeling that Trump isn't going to survive 24 hours past the Inauguration without at least one shooting attempt on his life.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Keating wrote:
Hunt wrote:I actually know of (not know) a woman who attempted suicide because of Trump's election. I think what's going on here is there are always a set of people who are on the brink of one kind of breakdown or another. Any event they consider traumatic will push a subset of the set over the edge. This really hit me in California once in the aftermath of an earthquake. I kept hearing about people having breakdowns. These weren't people whose houses got destroyed or who were in bridge or building collapses. They were just people who, for whatever reason, interpreted the event as personal persecution and as their world falling apart.
Sounds like natural selection doing its job.
George Carlin once had a routine about receiving a sample bottle of Scope in the mail. It was such a bizarre thing he thought, "What if someone was on the verge of a psychotic break and needed just one more thing to push him over the edge and then received a bottle of Scope in the mail?" It's funnier when Carlin tells it. Anyhoo... for years, my best friend from highschool and I would say "There's the bottle of Scope." Anytime a character in a movie would get news that made them snap.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Brive1987 wrote:Chris Hall.

Orbiteer.

Survivor.

...Just as Greta Christina and Alex Gabriel have done before me, I’m going to make a focused effort to put a lot more writing up here in the next month, although I’m not making a specific target like they did. Maybe that’s a mistake, but my brain isn’t quite to the stage where I can make that firm a commitment...
Oh please.

Please don't stop.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... WWlO4Ik7NA
Jeezus, these ninnies. Signing up for a blog IS ALREADY a commitment to write. Alex, Chris, and Greta are acting like cooks who declare they'll use a stove for the next month. Well, no shit. What a great idea.

Dave

Post by Dave »

Service Dog wrote: It's impressive to see a woman finally achieve one of the most high-profile & coveted pedophile jobs in America.
I thought the woman lost in the Presidential election.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Get better FT. Relax, and take a break from all of the strict modding you do here. We promise we'll keep Tuvok from making those accusations.