The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
katamari Damassi

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by katamari Damassi »

Brive1987 wrote:Tell me please that Watson hasn't rushed out of her bedsit and scooped up a dog?

http://i.imgur.com/7KA5eJ2.jpg
She was black out drunk and woke up with a dog? That's the same experience 90% of her hook-ups have.

SkepticalCat

Post by SkepticalCat »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Tell me please that Watson hasn't rushed out of her bedsit and scooped up a dog?

She was black out drunk and woke up with a dog? That's the same experience 90% of her hook-ups have.
:clap: Best post evah for this guy, please :dance:

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

katamari Damassi wrote:

[img].http://i.imgur.com/7KA5eJ2.jpg[/img]
:lol:

Only 90% tho? Were the other 10% blind?

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

katamari Damassi wrote:This poor woman is going to be destroyed.

http://eveningsends.com/when-feminism-goes-too-far/

Makes me want to get back into climbing though.
An excellent read, thanks for the link.

It was also quite nice to see GWW ripping into the perpetually offended in the comments section.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Is this the septic-tank version of Katie Hopkins?

[youtube][/youtube]

(if anything, she's better looking!)

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

One thing Trump should have reinforced for anyone paying attention is that the general
Populace are thick as pig shit. Reduce complex issues into soundbite tribal positioning for the win, is something all politicos have understood for a long time. We just thought Trumps reduction to "murica yeah!" Was a reduction too far for even the retards. Turns out we were wrong.

Sjwism excels at the same shit, it's the same disease. Unfortunately for WU, it's the very strategy she and her cohorts employ that will be her ungoing, if her opposition is in any way competent she's fucked. The first time she's asked for her position regarding letting dick carriers into junior high girls changing rooms she's toast.

In sjw speak "please Let this be a thing"

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

I don't think voters were fooled by Trump. They just didn't think the competition was any better.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

deLurch wrote:I don't think voters were fooled by Trump. They just didn't think the competition was any better.
The competition decided to fight substanceless memes with memes and got out-meme'd.

Maybe the voters are all idiots and a focus on policy over egotistical posturing would have been a wasted effort but we'll never know for sure, will we?

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Brive1987 wrote:Fuck you.

Meanwhile, I think I need to whiteboard this.

http://i.imgur.com/0GhPmbx.jpg
No fan of Lilandra Ra but god damn someone needs to eventually call Caine on this shit.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Link is A History of Political Correctness: 20 Years After Penn’s “Water Buffalo” Incident

I like that insult. You are a Water Buffalo. Has a certain zing to it. Especially when true.
provide the world with a thorough gloss of the Hebrew word behema, which translates more or less to “ox of water” and is used in Israel, where Jacobowitz had lived and studied, to mean “thoughtless, rowdy person”

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Sunder wrote:
deLurch wrote:I don't think voters were fooled by Trump. They just didn't think the competition was any better.
The competition decided to fight substanceless memes with memes and got out-meme'd.
Maybe the voters are all idiots and a focus on policy over egotistical posturing would have been a wasted effort but we'll never know for sure, will we?
Going into the election, one of my first considerations is that I wanted the Obama appointee in the Department of Education who wrote the "Dear Colleague" letter gone. And I thought that may mean resorting to voting for a Republican. Hillary did not give me any impression that she would change directions.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Sunder wrote:

No fan of Lilandra Ra but god damn someone needs to eventually call Caine on this shit.
OK someone want to explain phenotype to Caine? Or heritable traits? She claims to be half? That implies one parent was "full" Oglala Lakota and for her to look like what she claims is improbable to say the least.

All Metis are mixed and for one to have light skin and eyes is because they inherited those traits from both parents even if they were not expressed in both parents.

So someone want to explain this stuff to Cain?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Davita Gurian wrote:By calling so much attention to little slights and our own subjective micro-judgments of other people’s normal actions, aren’t we women acting grossly entitled and self-involved? Even worse, by focusing on “micro-aggressions,” aren’t we inadvertently diminishing examples of true aggression in the world: the sexism, violence, and suffering that truly prevent women’s participation in business and government, or access to education?

Dr. Sommers’ position on this point makes very good sense: “Exaggerated claims and crying wolf discredit good causes and send scarce resources in the wrong direction.”
By being so damn reasonable she's making the SJWs look like a bunch of morons. Good.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

AndrewV69 wrote:OK someone want to explain phenotype to Caine? Or heritable traits? She claims to be half? That implies one parent was "full" Oglala Lakota and for her to look like what she claims is improbable to say the least.

All Metis are mixed and for one to have light skin and eyes is because they inherited those traits from both parents even if they were not expressed in both parents.

In theory she could be "half" Oglala Lakota if both of her parents were also "half" Oglala Lakota, i.e. if she had two unrelated grandparents who were "full" Lakota, one on her mother's side and one on her father's side. So in theory it's possible that she's "half" Oglala Lakota but inherited only the white shitlord genes from both of her father and her mother.

It's very unlikely but not theorethically impossible. However it's far more likely that she's full of shit. Didn't she say that she was only 1/32 Oglala Lakota once? That would be far more plausible.

Dave

Post by Dave »

Comments seem reasonable by and large. Its possible shell survive. There is a significant barrier to entry in climbing that may ward off entryism.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:OK someone want to explain phenotype to Caine? Or heritable traits? She claims to be half? That implies one parent was "full" Oglala Lakota and for her to look like what she claims is improbable to say the least.

In theory she could be "half" Oglala Lakota if both of her parents were also "half" Oglala Lakota, i.e. if she had two unrelated grandparents who were "full" Lakota, one on her mother's side and one on her father's side. So in theory it's possible that she's "half" Oglala Lakota but inherited only the white shitlord genes from both of her father and her mother.

It's very unlikely but not theorethically impossible. However it's far more likely that she's full of shit. Didn't she say that she was only 1/32 Oglala Lakota once? That would be far more plausible.
Oh agreed. Hence why I used the word improbable rather than impossible. As I recall there are cases involving really long shot odds. As in million(s) to one. Given her track record she really needs to make an effort in constructing a much more plausible story.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

More reasonablenes:
Davita Gurian wrote:The reality is that we’ve forgotten, in our politically correct culture, that men and women are sometimes rude to one another. This type of behavior may be reprehensible, it may make us feel like shit, but it also has little to do with sexism. Further, using feminism as the tool to fix this leaky roof is doing more harm than good.

“We are all impacted by the people around us regardless of sex, but because of the baggage we carry with us, we may be more sensitive to a specific gender regardless of their intentions,” says my friend Tessa.

I worry that complaint-feminism will result in a climbing community in which women are fragile creatures who can’t even handle an errant touch, a word they don’t like; a glance, frown, disagreement, or even a biting comment—and men are to blame for every little slight.

I wrote this essay because I don’t believe that we should be making enemies and villains out of men in response to our own fear of discomfort. This does no one any good. We should be doing more as women to include men as equal partners, as we expect them to do for us.
If all the people in the "atheist-skeptic" community had been this reasonable Elevatorgate would have been nipped in the bud as the awkward proposal of a single individual, some internet trolling and some disagreement, we wouldn't have had Atheism Plus or more SJW tomfoolery. It should be a very humbling lesson to those who, like Dick Carrier and many others, think that by calling yourself "skeptic" you're somehow more reasonable and a better thinker than other people.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Dave wrote:There is a significant barrier to entry in climbing that may ward off entryism.
Can you imagine a Shakesville bouldering party?

https://fanart.tv/api/download.php?type ... &section=3

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

katamari Damassi wrote:

:lol: :clap:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

katamari Damassi wrote:

Best. Post. Evah!, beetch...

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Dave wrote:

Comments seem reasonable by and large. Its possible shell survive. There is a significant barrier to entry in climbing that may ward off entryism.
Can you imagine the huge Szanatee tumbling through the air off El Capitan and wailing "Gravity is just a social construuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucttttt....."

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Meanwhile,

Syrian oppositionist says Palestinians are ‘living in paradise’

I guess word is now starting to get out?
After the protests had died down, Zeitoun told the crowd that Israeli aid to Syrians, which includes Israel’s well-known medical assistance — more than 2,000 Syrians have been treated in Israeli hospitals since 2013 — is not enough to influence the population to be more pro-Israel. He said there needed to be some action on the political level for the majority of Syrians to be swayed in its attitude to the Jewish state.

Zeitoun, who has become a familiar Syrian opposition representative in the Israeli press, argued that Israel should help create a safe zone in southern Syria, where he is from.
So they are trying to use each other.

*shrug*

Whatever man. Fuck. (Die Antwoord)

Dave

Post by Dave »

Lsuoma wrote:
Dave wrote:
Can you imagine the huge Szanatee tumbling through the air off El Capitan and wailing "Gravity is just a social construuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucttttt....."
Well, when you put it that way, we should encourage them to take up climbing.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Kirbmarc wrote:

How fucking dare you reduce 1/32 genetic code to less than half an identity. Patriarchal math being used to oppress minorities is what costs lives! I'm half African, half neanderthal, half animist, and half fucking seahorse, though i choose to identify as a dolphin because my inherited neural mapping most closely resembles those cousins.

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

Bhurzum wrote:Is this the septic-tank version of Katie Hopkins?

[youtube][/youtube]

(if anything, she's better looking!)
Love that superhero cozzie Judge Janine is wearing. Moar superhero cozzies!

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

gurugeorge wrote:Love that superhero cozzie Judge Janine is wearing. Moar superhero cozzies!
Seal of approval (NSFW version)

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new ... 80/f15.gif

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Sunder wrote:

OK someone want to explain phenotype to Caine? Or heritable traits? She claims to be half? That implies one parent was "full" Oglala Lakota and for her to look like what she claims is improbable to say the least.

It all makes sense if you think Labrador!

http://images.mentalfloss.com/sites/def ... _small.jpg

http://www.doggenetics.co.uk/index.htm

Not implying anything of course!

If she doesn't look like an injun does that mean that she doesn't suffer discrimination in the same way? That doesn't really help her on her progressive stack ranking does it? I guess that means you have to virtue signal that much harder?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Oglebart wrote:If she doesn't look like an injun does that mean that she doesn't suffer discrimination in the same way? That doesn't really help her on her progressive stack ranking does it? I guess that means you have to virtue signal that much harder?
She's said that she experiences racism on a daily basis. As we all know you have to listen and believe to one's lived experience, no matter how much it doesn't make sense, so they're not "hyperskeptical" and don't bring up the fact that she looks white to question why she's targeted by the racist shitlords. See also: Shaun King, Leigh Alexander.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

P.S. King's ancestry is in doubt, there's evidence that he might be all white. Alexander has some black ancestry but looks pretty white nonetheless, which casts some doubts on her claims to be a victim of racism.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

From Pharyngula:
Hamed Abdel Samad wore what I would consider a fairly innocuous shirt on the street in Egypt (“God is busy. Can I help you?”). Watch what happens as a pushy, angry mob forms around him and he is blamed for “provoking” them.
http://archive.is/HdZ2z

Lucky for Hamed he wasn't wearing a "I am not a Skepchick" tshirt or a shirt with racy pictures of women in revealing outfits or he could have been strung up by a mob of feminists.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

free thoughtpolice wrote:From Pharyngula:
Hamed Abdel Samad wore what I would consider a fairly innocuous shirt on the street in Egypt (“God is busy. Can I help you?”). Watch what happens as a pushy, angry mob forms around him and he is blamed for “provoking” them.

Lucky for Hamed he wasn't wearing a "I am not a Skepchick" tshirt or a shirt with racy pictures of women in revealing outfits or he could have been strung up by a mob of feminists.
It's OK When They Do It. Punching up vs. punching down. Etc.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

OK USA Pitters tell me are these people begging to be investigated?

At a minimum it seems a bit reckless to me. Mind, I am someone who has to stifle the urge to respond "human body parts" every time I show up at the dump and they ask me what I have for them today.

But still ... just a small sample of what I am seeing on Twatter.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Oglebart wrote:If she doesn't look like an injun does that mean that she doesn't suffer discrimination in the same way? That doesn't really help her on her progressive stack ranking does it? I guess that means you have to virtue signal that much harder?
It's probably people assuming she is white rather that noticing that she is clearly 1/32 Pocahontas that is getting her moccasins in a twist.

They are literally erasing 3% of her cultural heritage.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

AndrewV69 wrote:OK USA Pitters tell me are these people begging to be investigated?

At a minimum it seems a bit reckless to me. Mind, I am someone who has to stifle the urge to respond "human body parts" every time I show up at the dump and they ask me what I have for them today.

Two of them have already been deleted.

Dave

Post by Dave »

free thoughtpolice wrote:From Pharyngula:

I also notice the bearded taint, in his rush to describe the shirt as innocuous, leaves out that there is a picture of a devil or demon's face above the words.

I like the shirt. I actually used to have one like it. And while I would and did happily wear it around NYC, there are places in the US I would be hesitant to, nevermind Tahrir Square. Thats an indictment of both places, but lets not pretend its a happy-go-lucky little message.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

AndrewV69 wrote:OK USA Pitters tell me are these people begging to be investigated?

Seems even CNN is getting in on the act, although one should probably not be too surprised:

From the Breitbart article:
As the nation prepares for the peaceful transfer of power on Inauguration Day, CNN is dreaming up scenarios whereby the Obama administration can keep power if President-elect Donald Trump and Vice President-elect Mike Pence were blown up as they prepared to take to oath of office.

On the Wednesday, January 18 broadcast of CNN’s The Situation Room, host Wolf Blitzer aired a segment with a chyron featuring the headline “Developing Now.” During that “developing” segment, Blitzer and correspondent Brian Todd discussed what would happen if the unthinkable occurred on January 20.

Blitzer introduced the segment, saying, “What if an incoming president and his immediate successors were wiped out on day one?” and from there, CNN contributor Brian Todd took over to outline the line of succession if an attack blew up the inaugural dais, killing both Trump and Pence. ....
Somewhat related thereto, and to a bit of gratuitous genuflection to Canuckistan's own Conrad Black in the National Review:
Donald Trump vs. the Media

Fighting against the sleaze The CNN hype of the farrago of scatological nonsense about the president-elect and the Russian government ends the pre-inaugural interlude on an all-time triumph of media unprofessionalism, malice, and outright idiocy, by the most bigoted of all large American news outlets. ....

For such a curtain call in Inauguration Week, it was appropriate to provide the most deserving players: perhaps the most famous Buffalonian since Grover Cleveland, CNN’s Wolf Blitzer, who looks like he lives from paycheck to paycheck as a cameo visual impersonator of Victor Hugo, announced the “breaking news” of this inane file that had been bouncing around, beneath the notice of anyone except the scurrilous leftist “news” outlet BuzzFeed, for months. CNN’s Washington bureau chief, Jake Tapper, joined Blitzer in crackling on about this “exclusive,” supplemented by Michael Morell, a former CIA official who now works for a strategic advisory firm run by ex-Hillary Clinton aide Philippe Reines.

I read on with insatiable disbelief; this was the newspaper [New York Times] that had apologized, through its publisher and its editor, for its biased coverage of the election, two days after the Trump victory, and here it was commending BuzzFeed for putting out a story that “many news organizations, including this one, had [had] for months.” The danger was that “Mr. Trump’s ‘fake news’ charge against CNN, in front of many millions of Americans, went directly at the network’s core purpose as a global news provider.” Bingo, Mr. Rutenberg; that’s just what it did. Most people who see a lot of the media and are reasonably discerning don’t trust the media and think their core purpose is to deceive, misinform, and mold public opinion in an underinformed way to suit the groupthink of the mainstream media’s principal personalities. ....

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Lsuoma wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:

[.img]http://i.imgur.com/7KA5eJ2.jpg[/img]

I'd like to claim 1/32 of that please - which is really half and you may as well round up.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

PZ has an itchy finger.

http://i.imgur.com/LBITUpo.jpg

For a fan of identity politics, PZ sure does hate the male identity.

I am still having to pinch myself every now and again at the Trump situation. An honest to god, per the good book, MRA, anti science, rapist, racist rich old white male goes to war with the SJWs from the Oval Office. I may not celebrate from the rational head space. But shit. What a fucking ride from the Grenade era.

PZ has a post up "How are you spending the last day of American civilization?"

He will have his head in the sand, radio turned off.

Oggy, who will still be working at his "National Park", is worrying that his world might be impacted. He will be working on a new park programme. Probably for kids.

The Pony has no choice but to break into Brony-babble:
I will will be working on posting acceptable draft of a model of social conflict in blog comments. It’s rattling in ny mind for about five years. I finally found good ways of representing social context as a external force variable and ways of conveying “approach” and “withdraw” movements along axes that make sense. Interestingly those axes are direct/indirect, explicit/implicit, overt/covert as well as a variables for positively/negatively felt phenomena that would drive a person towards and away from something.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Apropos of nothing much in particular, a "reasonable" solution to the "Muslim problem" in Europe:

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Bhurzum wrote:

An excellent read, thanks for the link.

It was also quite nice to see GWW ripping into the perpetually offended in the comments section.

I enjoyed this one especially:
MosesZD • a day ago
Welcome to the future burned bridges and dying communities of the Skeptic Community, the Science Fiction Community, the Video Gaming Community and many other communities in which I, r my friends, participate freely with any woman who wants to be there.

Next on the agenda is a concerned effort to brand you all as 'ableists,' ageists, misogynists and/or racists who use their 'white/male/wealthy' or whatever 'privilege' to hold others down.

You'll be thinking "nobody I know does that' and that you're in an inclusive environment where the only things that matter are competency and the ability to be a good team player. But it won't matter. Because people who don't give two ****s for your hobby aren't interested in those things, but only the imaginary injustices you may be committing as there aren't enough of the favored victim class of the week in power/participating/etc.

Do yourself a favor, don't ever compromise with them. You can't make them happy. Ever. And they really aren't interested in your hobby any way.

Just look at Marvell Comics and see what's happened to theic comic sales ever since they started pandering to the SJW crowd -- lost their regular customers who aren't interested in being constantly insulted. Meanwhile the complainers.. Well, they don't buy comics.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Kirbmarc wrote:In theory she could be "half" Oglala Lakota if both of her parents were also "half" Oglala Lakota, i.e. if she had two unrelated grandparents who were "full" Lakota, one on her mother's side and one on her father's side. So in theory it's possible that she's "half" Oglala Lakota but inherited only the white shitlord genes from both of her father and her mother.

So rather than half Oglala Lakota, she's full Hellova Crapola? That makes sense.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

I have no interest in watching the inauguration, but I won't be able to stop myself watching others react to it.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Wouldn't normally watch it because it's become insufferable but Lionel Shriver is on Question Time tonight and she's been a bit of a free-speech hero of late so might record it and FF through the other guests.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Wu has already started a vigorous smear campaign on twitter:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2jjp5eUAAAPRQ1.jpg:large

Yeah, take that, US representative Stephen Lynch, for being at the Trump presidential inauguration, you vile shitlord! I bet you also play violent video games and have shared Pepe the Frog memes, too!

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Wu hates Trump but she'll borrow his tactics any day.

Already been pointed out that Hillary Clinton will also be in attendance at the inauguration. Golly, I guess Dems are glad she didn't win now. Voting for a Trump-celebrator must be almost as bad as voting for the man himself.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Sunder wrote:Wu hates Trump but she'll borrow his tactics any day.

Already been pointed out that Hillary Clinton will also be in attendance at the inauguration. Golly, I guess Dems are glad she didn't win now. Voting for a Trump-celebrator must be almost as bad as voting for the man himself.
Wu has a lot in common with Trump. They're both narcissistic loudmouths who are trying to make people forget about their past failures. The difference is that Trump has charisma and a lot of money, while Wu has neither.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Sunder wrote:I have no interest in watching the inauguration, but I won't be able to stop myself watching others react to it.
Likewise. I'm expecting a lot of popcorn, with no shortage of salt.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Kirbmarc wrote:Wu has already started a vigorous smear campaign on twitter:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2jjp5eUAAAPRQ1.jpg:large

Yeah, take that, US representative Stephen Lynch, for being at the Trump presidential inauguration, you vile shitlord! I bet you also play violent video games and have shared Pepe the Frog memes, too!
The march is the day AFTER the inauguration. Lynch will be doing whatever he does on his Saturday off.

There is nothing Wu can't and won't fuck up.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

That is a good article, with some expected push back from the SJW entryists. But I'm surprised at how much Richard Carrier must get around - all that reference to spraying beta.

What is spraying beta?

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

They are just itching for President Pence.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

KiwiInOz wrote:What is spraying beta?
"Beta spraying. Beta is a term used to describe the necessary moves to complete a climb. The term beta spray means telling a climber who is attempting a route exactly which moves to do and how to do them." - Google

Not the strangest slang I've ever heard but it's up there...

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Bhurzum wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:What is spraying beta?
"Beta spraying. Beta is a term used to describe the necessary moves to complete a climb. The term beta spray means telling a climber who is attempting a route exactly which moves to do and how to do them." - Google

Not the strangest slang I've ever heard but it's up there...
Thanks for the Scotsplanation.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

KiwiInOz wrote:Thanks for the Scotsplanation.
Och, yer welcome m'wee tattie-bogle ;)

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Lsuoma wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:

When Watson mentioned volunteering at an animal shelter, I thought 'Good for her.' On so many levels, volunteering was an incredibly positive step for her.

But, dumbass me got played. Again. Having never gotten over that rescue denying her a dog, she 'volunteered at a shelter', and now she just so happens to have gotten a dog. Like she DESERVED in the first place. "Follow me on Instagram for more puppy pictures!!! :-D" said none of my dog owning friends, ever. *sigh*

I guess the good news is she wont have to worry about finding a pet sitter when she speaks at conferences.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Kirbmarc wrote:P.S. King's ancestry is in doubt, there's evidence that he might be all white. Alexander has some black ancestry but looks pretty white nonetheless, which casts some doubts on her claims to be a victim of racism.
Wiggers get no respect.

katamari Damassi

Melissa McEwen was nearly raped and murdered y'all!
The plumber who did the work—well, I might add—was a middle-aged white man. He was kind to the animals and so considerate about not making or leaving a mess.

He also stared at my boobs a lot, and commented on my tattoos. I smiled and I said thank you, and he used the excuse of trying to guess how old they were to stare at them a little longer. I made polite conversation, with my back to a closed door. Holding his gaze, like two people just happily chatting, I reached for the doorknob behind my back and held onto it, just in case.

Later that evening, I told Iain what happened. He said the only thing he could say, being a decent man who would never audit my report of the experience: "I'm sorry, babe. That sucks."

I told him about how much I hate that I cannot get angry; that I cannot express, in my own home, what I am feeling when a man treats me like that, makes me uncomfortable. How much I hate that I have to behave as though everything is normal, because if my contempt does not remain thoroughly concealed, a man who is merely inappropriate could become dangerous.
Oh, and thanks for the BPE!

katamari Damassi

ERV wrote: When Watson mentioned volunteering at an animal shelter, I thought 'Good for her.' On so many levels, volunteering was an incredibly positive step for her.

But, dumbass me got played. Again. Having never gotten over that rescue denying her a dog, she 'volunteered at a shelter', and now she just so happens to have gotten a dog. Like she DESERVED in the first place. "Follow me on Instagram for more puppy pictures!!! :-D" said none of my dog owning friends, ever. *sigh*

I guess the good news is she wont have to worry about finding a pet sitter when she speaks at conferences.
My first avatar here was a picture of my ex's dog. Like Watson, he also saw pets as an accessory. I raised that dog from a puppy because he couldn't be bothered. When we split he kept the dog, but as soon as I was settled out of state he gave the dog to his father, because he was pissed that the dog wasn't "bonded" to him. People with cluster B disorders should not own pets.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

ERV wrote: When Watson mentioned volunteering at an animal shelter, I thought 'Good for her.' On so many levels, volunteering was an incredibly positive step for her.

http://i.imgur.com/QygicMO.jpg

So she moves from the modern condo out Alamedia way to whatever flop house would accommodate her without work references. And rebounds Adam with a dog. Ha. That'll show the bastard.

Now, any bets on whether pets are allowed on her lease? No money that a scared bedraggled pouch is shortly to be photographed on a surfboard.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Tigzy wrote:
Sunder wrote:I have no interest in watching the inauguration, but I won't be able to stop myself watching others react to it.
Likewise. I'm expecting a lot of popcorn, with no shortage of salt.
Yea. No shortage of shots being fired in the Meme Wars, although Democrats/Leftists/SJW-ists seem rather outgunned (I thought they were supposed to be the creative ones?):

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Brive wrote:
Now, any bets on whether pets are allowed on her lease? No money that a scared bedraggled pouch is shortly to be photographed on a surfboard.
After it goes the cute puppy phase and doesn't fit in with her lifestyle what are the chances it gets "rehomed"?