The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
jimhabegger

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by jimhabegger »

deLurch wrote:
jimhabegger wrote:Rather than go through that paragraph of that message of the Baha'i Universal House of Justice, sentence by sentence, trying to explain it without the God metaphors, as I started to do; I've decided to try to explain, in my own words, the community-building process that I see being promoted by the House of Justice.
https://veuwer.com/i/3pwr.jpg
I like it.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
deLurch wrote:
welch wrote:that is a skinny white girl with no sense of how outclassed she is. Talk about your ego writing checks your skills can't cash.
You don't back down from bullies. Otherwise they will keep on coming back for more.

Her prime mistake (had this not been video recorded) was to not be prepared for the punch & to fight back hard. Now if it was a friend of hers recording this, and she knew she could use the recording to put an end to this, then taking a few punches paid off for her.
I'm with you on this.
I'm willing to bet that if the whole story of this were out it wouldn't be the first time Aaliyah pulled that shit. The fact that her parents tossed her out might be a bit of a hint to that.
It's a bit surprising that you and Commie seem to be siding with that bully thug.

I am not really siding with anyone because these are teenagers and that is creepy, bear. I am saying that not knowing what happens that leads to this and devoid of any other context, I can see getting your ass kicked for calling a black girl a nigger. Even then I think the girl should have to do some community service.

Remember I believe that violence is sometimes the answer.

Also I want to challenge PZ to an transgendered lumberjack match.

welch

Post by welch »

comhcinc wrote:I give her props for walking around on grave barefoot. Someone needs to get that girl in MMA classes.
if you walk around barefoot enough, the heat sears most of your pain response away. When my wife and I were dating, she was astounded at how the bottom of my feet looked like leather. She was more astounded the day I complained of something in my shoe, and it was a 2" long blister on my foot. Unless the gravel is especially pointy, it's almost kind of nice to walk on. Like a foot massage almost.

feathers

Post by feathers »

jimhabegger wrote:
deLurch wrote:If you are here to try an promote your religious building ...

... I would recommend starting a thread here:
viewforum.php?f=34
If I'm welcome to start a new thread there, on my own initiative, I would need to hear that from an administrator.
We have no administrator! We're an anarchosyndicalist commune. We take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week. But all the decision of that officer have to be ratified at a special biweekly meeting. By a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs, but by a two-thirds majority in the case of more... oh bugger.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Is it Week-In-Woo at the Pit? Between the muslim, not-muslim-but-trying-to-sound-like-one and followers of YoBaBa or whatever, I'm starting to wonder...
You aren't the only one.
rayshul wrote:Hey you can talk about it on the main thread fuck all else is happening except for FtB hilariously combusting.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

There's some lovely filth over here!

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

comhcinc wrote:Chickenshit.
By your own standards, meaning your defense of using violent physical assault in response to insult words, Steers should beat the shit out of you and he should only stop when spectators drag him off.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

See? Rayshul invited me to talk about it here.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

welch wrote:
comhcinc wrote:I give her props for walking around on grave barefoot. Someone needs to get that girl in MMA classes.
if you walk around barefoot enough, the heat sears most of your pain response away. When my wife and I were dating, she was astounded at how the bottom of my feet looked like leather. She was more astounded the day I complained of something in my shoe, and it was a 2" long blister on my foot. Unless the gravel is especially pointy, it's almost kind of nice to walk on. Like a foot massage almost.
I spent a lot of my summers barefoot and wearing nothing other than those 80s really too short shorts. I look back and don't understand how i didn't burn my feet never mind the crap on the group as I would run through the woods.

Really?

Post by Really? »

feathers wrote:
deLurch wrote:It didn't matter what that small girl said. The larger girl was going to find some justification to beat the shit out of her.
Objection y'r honour. Speculation.
Perhaps Serena junior rounded up some friends and drove over to have a polite airing of grievances with the other girl. The plan all along was to have some international coffee and hash out their misunderstandings while laughing about days and loves gone by.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Scented Nectar wrote:
By your own standards, meaning your defense of using violent physical assault in response to insult words, Steers should beat the shit out of you and he should only stop when spectators drag him off.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I mean yeah sure he could try. He can also be in the transgendered lumberjack match.

welch

Post by welch »

comhcinc wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: If she indeed did call her that. We don't know what actions either or both girls did before the video begins. But if she travelled to confront the white girl, there is premeditation. This isn't a instant emotional reaction. This was a calculated revenge. Not smart. The vast size difference doesn't help. Nor does continuing to wail on her when the other girl was down. That is crappy behavior guaranteed to inflame racial tensions. Like I said, switch the colors and guessing the reactions would be pretty easy.
Before we go any further I think it should be stated that at the end of the day this is teenage bullshit that we adults are probably over thinking.

Now, yes I would like to see what led up to this. I don't think just because someone has to travel makes it any less of an emotional reaction.

As for the size difference, this was a grudge match so weight limits doesn't matter. Also (and I am not saying this happened only a what if) if the skinny girl did all the trash talking and started this whole thing then maybe in the future she will pick her targets better.

You are right this will certainly inflame racial tensions but you can't hold these two kids at fault for that. It's us adults that are being assholes on the race shit.
Seriously. THat was about standard for every high school fight I saw when I was in high school. Person A is too damned egotistical to walk away from the smackdown they know they're going to get. Person B is too angry to not beat the fuck out of Person A.

Also, oddly, none of those fights ended with permanent brain damage. Funny that. Almost as if it's not quite THAT easy.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

deLurch wrote:
welch wrote:that is a skinny white girl with no sense of how outclassed she is. Talk about your ego writing checks your skills can't cash.
You don't back down from bullies. Otherwise they will keep on coming back for more.

Her prime mistake (had this not been video recorded) was to not be prepared for the punch & to fight back hard. Now if it was a friend of hers recording this, and she knew she could use the recording to put an end to this, then taking a few punches paid off for her.
I'm with you on this.
I'm willing to bet that if the whole story of this were out it wouldn't be the first time Aaliyah pulled that shit. The fact that her parents tossed her out might be a bit of a hint to that.
It's a bit surprising that you and Commie seem to be siding with that bully thug.
She probably beat her parents too. "Did you just tell me to clean my room?!?!!?!" *punch!* *punch!* *punch!* *punch!*

welch

Post by welch »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Steersman wrote: :lol: "I'll take stereotypes for 500 please Alex" ;-)

But I expect all races, religions, and cultures have them, some more odious than others. But the most one might throw stones at Canadians for is in inventing or promoting hockey. ;-)
Canadians have it good, your stereotype is that you're incredibly nice and eat waffles with maple syrup.

Also you've never been a colonial power or particularly influential in world politics.
Canadians also have, in the military, a rep for being fucking terrifying. As the stories from Afghanistan all agreed on, you could tell when the Canadians had been in some shit. Nothing was left alive.

welch

Post by welch »

comhcinc wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
comhcinc wrote:So do we want to do a hangout/chat this week?
Yeah, why not?

Cool give me a time and place.
THE INTERNET!

feathers

Post by feathers »

Xenu wrote:Meanwhile, at Niki's Orbit, there is only one comment, and it is this:
http://i.imgur.com/0FPFt5A.jpg

A white furry asking if it would be ok for white people to LINK to this blog post.

Niki, to her credit, graciously says that this would be ok.
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/unc ... 0902122603

Someone with a burner account, ask xer if it would be ok for a member of the Thulegesellschaft to share it.

welch

Post by welch »

Xenu wrote:Longer video showing a bit more of the precursor to the punch
She certainly does call her a "nigga"
and for the OMG HEAD INJURY BRIGADE...meh. Windup she should have seen coming for miles, not really a great hit anyway, and for all the pulling and dropping, skinny honkie's head didn't even bounce good.

I give it a 4, mostly for how lucky she got that Skinny Honkie Girl just stood there and took the hit.

welch

Post by welch »

comhcinc wrote:
deLurch wrote:It didn't matter what that small girl said. The larger girl was going to find some justification to beat the shit out of her.

I don't know that is true but I would say that calling her a nigger after you have been in enough of a verbal fight for her to come to your house is not the brightest move.
She was probably okay until that point. Would have been a lot of yelling, maybe some pushing and shoving.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

welch wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: If she indeed did call her that. We don't know what actions either or both girls did before the video begins. But if she travelled to confront the white girl, there is premeditation. This isn't a instant emotional reaction. This was a calculated revenge. Not smart. The vast size difference doesn't help. Nor does continuing to wail on her when the other girl was down. That is crappy behavior guaranteed to inflame racial tensions. Like I said, switch the colors and guessing the reactions would be pretty easy.
Before we go any further I think it should be stated that at the end of the day this is teenage bullshit that we adults are probably over thinking.

Now, yes I would like to see what led up to this. I don't think just because someone has to travel makes it any less of an emotional reaction.

As for the size difference, this was a grudge match so weight limits doesn't matter. Also (and I am not saying this happened only a what if) if the skinny girl did all the trash talking and started this whole thing then maybe in the future she will pick her targets better.

You are right this will certainly inflame racial tensions but you can't hold these two kids at fault for that. It's us adults that are being assholes on the race shit.
Seriously. THat was about standard for every high school fight I saw when I was in high school. Person A is too damned egotistical to walk away from the smackdown they know they're going to get. Person B is too angry to not beat the fuck out of Person A.

Also, oddly, none of those fights ended with permanent brain damage. Funny that. Almost as if it's not quite THAT easy.
Gonna cry bullshit on that. Used to be told that football American style was good for boys and getting tackled and all that was character building. You get hit in the head hard enough, there will be damage. There are many news reports and even an organization for teen fights where one punch kills somebody and ruins lives.

I was in plenty of fights growing up. You never kept wailing on somebody when they were down. That is nasty shit, goes beyond "kid stuff" and is generally thugish no matter what the races involved are. That is seriously messed up. And again, imagine the outrage if the races were reversed.

welch

Post by welch »

comhcinc wrote:Like I said. Chickenshit.
What...exactly, are you going to do to him? Or could you do to him? Because if you have super Canuck-Slap Internet Powers, you need to go fuck with Thimbledick.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

comhcinc wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I mean yeah sure he could try. He can also be in the transgendered lumberjack match.
Beware. Robot fights are vicious:

[youtube]-xEvV-BpXmQ[/youtube]

Xenu

Post by Xenu »

welch wrote:
and for the OMG HEAD INJURY BRIGADE...meh. Windup she should have seen coming for miles, not really a great hit anyway, and for all the pulling and dropping, skinny honkie's head didn't even bounce good.

I give it a 4, mostly for how lucky she got that Skinny Honkie Girl just stood there and took the hit.
There are images of her injuries on twitter. Her lip was split clean through. The girl who beat her up retweeted the images and jokes about them for good measure

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

Scented Nectar wrote:LOL! You want to save us and convert us, don't you? I'll bet you mention your god nonsense in every post. Let's see from here on as I catch up here. :lol: :popcorn: :lol: :popcorn: :lol:
Nice to know I have one follower, at least. I hope I won't disappoint you.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Really? wrote:
I highly suspect that the white savior SJWs who would support the aggressor have never been seriously bullied or mistreated. Watson, Quinn, Laci Green, Andrea Marcotte, et. al. have never been mistreated. Perhaps that is why they are so shocked when they are told that they suck.
I bet the same can't be said of the self loathing white knights who support them, I can't even look at a picture of Carrier without wanting to demand he gives me his lunch money.

feathers

Post by feathers »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Gilliei still snivelling about being called a rape apologist:
giliell
March 21, 2016 at 6:38 am

Saad
Let’s see how long they like it there.
Honestly, I didn’t know that pointing out that there were no organised mass rapes (not that things weren’t bad enough as they are) suddenly makes you a rape apologist.
Of the hundreds of sexual assaults she claims two were rapes. Apparently there were a lot assaults carried out by digital penetration during the gropings. A lot of people would call that rape even if it doesn't qualify legally everywhere.
Most of the Pharyngula whored were quick enough to call it 'rape' when a photograph with a virginity check somewhere in Africa appeared on the Net.

welch

Post by welch »

deLurch wrote:

Dude, that "stand up for yourself" only works if you have the money to back that badass check you're writing. I tried that a few times in school. Usually got my ass beat because the size difference was about that. You know what worked? Shutting the fuck up. Realizing that being called a pussy, a faggot, whatever the fuck was infinitely preferable to getting the shit beat out of me and having to walk home with only one eye fully open and a bloody nose.

Life ain't that easy. "Oh just stand up to the bully and they'll respect you". HAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

No. Most times, they'll beat your ass and come back for more anyway.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Quote from Niki M:

And to that I say: Fuck. That. All of the fuck that. Hell, I’d even go so far as to consider any slur against a minority to be ‘fighting words‘. And yes, I’m making that distinction so that no, you can’t swing on someone for calling you a cracker, Basic Beckies reading this.
I wouldn't lower myself to taking a swing at comrade Gazi in spite of his best attempts at insulting us honkies. To take shit like that seriously is stupid and makes the offended party look like they have some type of self esteem problem.
[youtube]uQmriFjA1KU[/youtube]

I loved him in The Fifth Element.

welch

Post by welch »

comhcinc wrote:
welch wrote:
I spent a lot of my summers barefoot and wearing nothing other than those 80s really too short shorts. I look back and don't understand how i didn't burn my feet never mind the crap on the group as I would run through the woods.
Same here. Miami in the 70s, and my parents despaired of ever getting me to voluntarily wear shoes.

CaptainFluffyBunny

http://www.nsw.gov.au/onepunch

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... punch.html

http://fightstate.com/one-punch-homicid ... sequences/

If anybody seriously believes that these fights are consequence-free events because their own lives experience contradicts the actual facts, then get out more. My own lives experience shows that this shit can mess people up or kill them. If you think 15 year old girls can't do that kind of damage, why my eldest is 15 and smaller than the bully girl in the video. You would be surprised.

Life isn't like TV. Ask the medical doctors here about repeated blows to the head.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

Incidentally, in my introduction I forgot to say that I'm nearly half Swiss, from Amish and Mennonite descendants of Swiss immigrants in and around Berne, Indiana.

welch

Post by welch »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
welch wrote:
comhcinc wrote:

Gonna cry bullshit on that. Used to be told that football American style was good for boys and getting tackled and all that was character building. You get hit in the head hard enough, there will be damage. There are many news reports and even an organization for teen fights where one punch kills somebody and ruins lives.

I was in plenty of fights growing up. You never kept wailing on somebody when they were down. That is nasty shit, goes beyond "kid stuff" and is generally thugish no matter what the races involved are. That is seriously messed up. And again, imagine the outrage if the races were reversed.
Okay, I was there, you weren't, and this wasn't some fucking small-town fisticuffs shit, this was big violent city stuff. Fights ended with either getting pulled apart as in the video, or one participant screaming like a little bitch. And the girls' fights were even worse.

"you never kept wailing on someone when they were down" Jesus on a pogo stick, what kind of fucking mayberry did you go to high school in? Where I was, of COURSE you kept hitting someone after they were down. Made it harder for them to get back up and beat your ass.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Gonna cry bullshit on that. Used to be told that football American style was good for boys and getting tackled and all that was character building. You get hit in the head hard enough, there will be damage. There are many news reports and even an organization for teen fights where one punch kills somebody and ruins lives.

Football is good for boys and getting tackled is character building. Brain damage in football happens in part because of all the pads. It allows people to hit harder and it's the snap of neck (the brain being bounced around) that causes the issue. That's why it was not a big issue before helmets. That's why bare knuckle boxing can go 100s of rounds. You are more likely to break your hand than knock a person out. Death during fights are rare.

I was taught and practiced the if you get in a fight you beat the shit out of them and make sure they never want to mess with again. I only had one fight in school.

welch

Post by welch »

Xenu wrote:
welch wrote:

There are images of her injuries on twitter. Her lip was split clean through. The girl who beat her up retweeted the images and jokes about them for good measure
OH MAH LAWD, A SPLIT LIP.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

Steersman wrote:
deLurch wrote:We should all meet up in a Baha'i Justice Building.
:lol: Though I'd check whether they pass around a collection plate.
Not that I've ever seen or heard of.

welch

Post by welch »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:http://www.nsw.gov.au/onepunch

If anybody seriously believes that these fights are consequence-free events because their own lives experience contradicts the actual facts, then get out more. My own lives experience shows that this shit can mess people up or kill them. If you think 15 year old girls can't do that kind of damage, why my eldest is 15 and smaller than the bully girl in the video. You would be surprised.

Life isn't like TV. Ask the medical doctors here about repeated blows to the head.
Yes, yes, and yet you go outside without a helmet every day, and walk over fields of unpadded concrete, where the slightest slip and BANG, your head doth shatter like an egg.

Can bad things happen? Always. Are they the *norm*? Hardly.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

deLurch wrote:

She should've taken a primer by watching Scum. (content note: unabashed 1970s racism. Enjoy, Steers!)

[youtube]wOs6LEDcxZ8[/youtube]

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

Steersman wrote:
jimhabegger wrote:Besides, I'm not sure my discussion would even be on topic there. I don't think I would be posting endless numbers of endless posts, about the same endless techniques, and I'm not sure there could be any consensus about that. That's why I think it would need to be an administrative decision.
You might check the permissions when you go to a thread or forum ... then choose the most appropriate forum or topic section and go for it - don't stand on ceremony, don't let dickheads try to impose their opinions or requirements.
LOL! Thank you!

CaptainFluffyBunny

welch wrote: Okay, I was there, you weren't, and this wasn't some fucking small-town fisticuffs shit, this was big violent city stuff. Fights ended with either getting pulled apart as in the video, or one participant screaming like a little bitch. And the girls' fights were even worse.

"you never kept wailing on someone when they were down" Jesus on a pogo stick, what kind of fucking mayberry did you go to high school in? Where I was, of COURSE you kept hitting someone after they were down. Made it harder for them to get back up and beat your ass.
I went to a town filled with lumberjacks and millers. Rough place, really. What used to be called fun and hijinks are now called felonies. There were rules, and if you broke them, bad things would happen to you. If somebody went down, you stopped, period, or your own friends would let you know you transgressed in a very painful manner.

Read the links. One punch ruins lives is no joke, and there is a butt-ton of evidence that brain trauma is no joke. Unless you have more evidence than your lives experience to back up your claims.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Okay so none of your links give any numbers. For me to take this serious I would want to see the number of fights compare to the number of deaths from one punch.

Your first two links seem to be about being attacked from behind. Your third link is about a guy punch another guy who feel onto a fire hydrant. It wasn't the punch that killed him.

I don't need tv, between being a stupid teenager, then about 4 years as a bouncer, and then prison, I have seen plenty of fights, both from inside and out. I am not saying these one punch kills don't happen, just that in the grand scheme of things not what most people should worry aboot.

Oh and as to the power of 15 year old girls. You don't have to convince me. The number one cause of concussions in the united states is girls high school soccer. A bunch of vicious bitches all of them. :D

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: I went to a town filled with lumberjacks and millers. Rough place, really. What used to be called fun and hijinks are now called felonies. There were rules, and if you broke them, bad things would happen to you. If somebody went down, you stopped, period, or your own friends would let you know you transgressed in a very painful manner.
Are any of the lumberjacks transgendered? I need them for my match with steersman (and his manager SN) and PZ.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

comhcinc wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Gonna cry bullshit on that. Used to be told that football American style was good for boys and getting tackled and all that was character building. You get hit in the head hard enough, there will be damage. There are many news reports and even an organization for teen fights where one punch kills somebody and ruins lives.

Football is good for boys and getting tackled is character building. Brain damage in football happens in part because of all the pads. It allows people to hit harder and it's the snap of neck (the brain being bounced around) that causes the issue. That's why it was not a big issue before helmets. That's why bare knuckle boxing can go 100s of rounds. You are more likely to break your hand than knock a person out. Death during fights are rare.

I was taught and practiced the if you get in a fight you beat the shit out of them and make sure they never want to mess with again. I only had one fight in school.
Totally fucking right, if you hit anybody in the face you use the palm of your hand otherwise just go for the neck aka throat or venus nerve at the side. I can't believe how many stupid cunts got me in a headlock leaving me free to punch the hell out of their balls. UN-fucking-believable but good times none the less. That was the education I got at Speke (Liverpool) comprehensive school, so good/bad they tore down the whole fucking building. :)

welch

Post by welch »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
welch wrote: Okay, I was there, you weren't, and this wasn't some fucking small-town fisticuffs shit, this was big violent city stuff. Fights ended with either getting pulled apart as in the video, or one participant screaming like a little bitch. And the girls' fights were even worse.

I went to a town filled with lumberjacks and millers. Rough place, really. What used to be called fun and hijinks are now called felonies. There were rules, and if you broke them, bad things would happen to you. If somebody went down, you stopped, period, or your own friends would let you know you transgressed in a very painful manner.

Read the links. One punch ruins lives is no joke, and there is a butt-ton of evidence that brain trauma is no joke. Unless you have more evidence than your lives experience to back up your claims.
Again, because your reading comprehension sucks balls: no one, not me at least, is saying that there is ZERO CHANCE of permanent injury from a head shot.

It is your implication that it's just going to happen all the fucking time, or even most of the time that I am saying it's bullshit, and even your links don't agree with your implications.

In the third case, dude fell wrong and cracked his head on a fire hydrant. The punch caused the fall, but it was the LARGE METAL THING his head fell on to that did the real damage, not the punch. Here, from the article, important bit bolded:
Walking out of the local bar some drunk dickhead spit a piece of gum in Mark’s face and Mark retaliated with a quick left hooking punch to the chin. The dude cracked his head on a fire hydrant, went into a coma, and is now a vegetable for life. Mark is doing 20+ years in jail.
In the second one, was it the punch or the hitting the ground at high speed that did it?

Yes, shit can go WAY wrong, which is one reason not to get into fucking fights and to walk the fuck away when you see the situation happening. Just because one guy was only talking shit doesn't mean that other guy who he may not know is taking it the same way. Don't escalate a situation, walk the fuck away and your problems are few.

But the implication that permanent injury or death is common from "just one punch" isn't supported in your links at all, and it's certainly not supported by the lack of deaths and severe brain trauma that would make gun deaths in the US look like a walk in the park were your implications true. Under the right circumstances, yeah, that shit is easy.

But if it were as common as you so desperately need me to believe, then all teaching of any form of martial arts or boxing would be banned, and you'd not need to require people to wear a helmet just walking down the street, we'd be glad as fuck to do so.

your argument is an attempt to make an uncommon result the norm and your evidence doesn't support that. But yes, because a) weird shit can happen (ask Jack Tatum or Daryl Stingley about it. Well, Tatum's dead so you can't ask him) and b) it's hard to be sure that weird shit won't happen, then it's a great idea to avoid fight situations all together.

But no, every fucking punch to the head and every fall is not going to kill you or render you a vegetable.

welch

Post by welch »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: I went to a town filled with lumberjacks and millers. Rough place, really. What used to be called fun and hijinks are now called felonies. There were rules, and if you broke them, bad things would happen to you. If somebody went down, you stopped, period, or your own friends would let you know you transgressed in a very painful manner.
Oh and on this shit...a town that is pretty clearly country, which means y'all played by rules that don't exist in larger cities. And you were just lecturing me about my experience not being the norm. I guess that only applies to people who aren't you.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Google one punch kills, it's not that rare.
There used to be someone nearby that would care for head injury cases in his home. Getting smacked in the head and/or falling and hitting the back of the head can cause some pretty nasty consequences.
Likewise, the girl committing the assault was considerably bigger and judging by the punches she threw, looked like an experienced fighter.
Mismatch against a person that isn't defending themselves. BIG potential for really fucking someone up.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Tigzy wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:
feathers wrote:
Did you mean pussy?

/Google
She has a pussy that can steal lunch money?
Snatch and grab.
The best i have managed to do with mine is get it to fire a ping-pong ball
According to Boris Johnson, the old English term for ping-pong is 'whiff-whaff'.
It's Trivia night on the Slyme Pit!

I believe Whiff-whaff was played with a golf ball and cigar boxes for bats, over a wall of books. It was invented in India by the British along with other parlour games such as snooker and pool. Makes you wonder how the British army had time for all that genocide i keep hearing about.

welch

Post by welch »

There used to be someone nearby that would care for head injury cases in his home. Getting smacked in the head and/or falling and hitting the back of the head can cause some pretty nasty consequences.
Likewise, the girl committing the assault was considerably bigger and judging by the punches she threw, looked like an experienced fighter.
Mismatch against a person that isn't defending themselves. BIG potential for really fucking someone up.
What's "not that rare"? 20% of all punches? 40%? 50%?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

I did and it looks pretty damn rare to me.

I couldn't find any numbers of number of fights v number of people who die from fights. I only found two decent pages with numbers. The first
http://www.smh.com.au/national/90-kille ... 2yjtr.html States that 90 people in FutureTown where killed between 2000 and 2013. That's less than ten a year. Now pair that with a quote from that article:
St Vincent Hospital's emergency department director, Gordian Fulde, treats four or five ''absolutely obvious'' king-hits while working at the hospital every Friday or Saturday night.

''There is no reason for it,'' he said. ''Usually the person is not expecting it.''
Those numbers don't add up to "not rate".

The other is a list from a documentary about one punch kills. This is the worst list but this guy could only find about 200 people across the english speaking world going back to at least 1942
http://onepunchhomicide.com/200%20list%20of%20OPH.htm Really it's an ugly site.

But there you go. Not a huge issue.

free thoughtpolice

welch said:
But no, every fucking punch to the head and every fall is not going to kill you or render you a vegetable.
Well, skiing or work related injuries like that surely are more common than fight related injuries, however the activity in question is somebody getting assaulted and not someone engaging in risky behavior.
I don't buy that "fighting words" like nigga qualify as consent to mutual combat.
Comrade Gazi Kodzo says bad things about white people all the time, calling them some rather insulting things. Will you condone someone to run up on him and punch him out?

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
feathers wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:Years ago, there was a black man in this area holding up petrol stations at gunpoint, wearing nothing by a stocking over his head. Apparently very few people could give a good description of his face, especially the women.
That must be a bollocks story.
No, it's true. Case ended with a well-hung jury.
I was told by the owner and manager that the police and come to warn them that there had been a spate of robberies, and this was what they they were told. The police used to come in and buy lunch and cigarettes so we were on fairly relaxed terms with them, so i can imagine them joking about it.
True, it does sound far fetched and it is possible that in the retelling to me there was some exaggeration.

...so I did a quick google search, and although there is nothing from my area in the 1980s (this was pre-internet), it does seem that it might be a thing.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news ... ed-4064808
http://www.smmirror.com/articles/News/N ... Face/44231

dogen

Post by dogen »

fuzzy wrote:Apparently you're supposed to fuck them in the ear.

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/file ... ctosex.png
I'm sure I've been ninja'd by 5 pages, but just in case.... AURAL SECKS!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

VickyCaramel wrote:
feathers wrote:
John D wrote:It is not likely that I would change my mind. Of course, if the tiny white girl had a possy that was stealing the black girls lunch money I would consider leniency.
Did you mean pussy?

/Google
She has a pussy that can steal lunch money?

The best i have managed to do with mine is get it to fire a ping-pong ball, although i suppose if i could get it to fire a .45 I could rob banks.

[youtube]pk2S6lhBX5g[/youtube]

welch

Post by welch »

free thoughtpolice wrote:welch said:
Well, skiing or work related injuries like that surely are more common than fight related injuries, however the activity in question is somebody getting assaulted and not someone engaging in risky behavior.
I don't buy that "fighting words" like nigga qualify as consent to mutual combat.
Comrade Gazi Kodzo says bad things about white people all the time, calling them some rather insulting things. Will you condone someone to run up on him and punch him out?
It doesn't matter what you buy or what i condone. It matters that when you finally lip off to someone who is going to react rather poorly, the fact you are morally right will be rather poor consolation.

When I am out and about and I see the start of what could be a fight situation, I take the only sane option: I leave well before it gets real. Now, part of this has to do with growing up where and when I did, where what should have been just a bit of punching would turn into knives, guns, or the occasional machete.

But the other part is seeing how stuff just goes wrong. Dude falls wrong and dies. or that one-in-a-million chance happens and a half-assed punch happens to kill you.

So you know what i don't do? Call black people niggers or brown people spics, dotheads or whatever the "appropriate" term is. Because people are not always, hell, mostly rational and pushing buttons in some arrogant "HITTING FIRST IS WRONG" fugue is just fucking stupid.

How things should be is a goal. How things are is reality, and disrespecting the latter is going to get you hurt.

free thoughtpolice

Commie have you ever had a concussion?
If so, have you ever considered whether it could potentially have caused you damage that you aren't aware of or hasn't emerged yet?
Just asking. :whistle:

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

deLurch wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:It is hard to disagree, however I am not really sure it is that important to atheism when you look at what the Atheist community actually was. It wasn't the community which was making progress, it was individuals from Richard Dawkins to Thunderf00t. I am not sure that a bunch of atheists having a conference actually ever recruited anybody. I really doubt blogs ever did too much because they were preaching to the converted. It takes effort to go read a blog.
From a US perspective, I disagree.

Right before this started there was a push to put up billboards inviting atheists to their local group under whatever title or umbrella group they were under. In parts of the US, admitting to being an atheist is synonymous with being a devil worshiper. Atheists pretty much have no shot of getting elected to government positions. If you work for a small company, you can be legally fired for being an atheist. Some people who don't live in major cities are not aware of having met any atheists in real life. It is an issue of finding out that you are not alone, and that other people see the bullshit of religion like you. Getting some people out to just a few meetings to talk about much of nothing was valuable in and of itself.

David Silverman essentially has the correct tactic on how to improve the insinuation for atheists in the US, and that is to treat it like how gays came out of the closet.

The goal in the US isn't so much to convert more people to atheism, as much as it is to get the public to not see atheists as evil scary people.

But good luck getting people to come out to atheist group meets if people are afraid that some SJW nutso will take issue with your politics and try to get you fired from your job for disagreeing with them.
This is pretty accurate from where I sit. It depends on the crowd you run with, but in general, the word "atheist" has a negative ring to it. Traditionally, most of the people identified with the term have been loud troublemakers attacking religion, so this is to be expected. People who identify as Communists have a similar public profile. Not harassed, but seen as malcontents who invite negative social interactions.

SJWs like PZ are the worst possible face to put on the term & confirm the worst stereotypes most religious people have of atheists (arrogant, self-righteous, hyper-PC assholes). They didn't win because they set out to take over & replace the old guard. But they did manage to undo a lot of progress & hard work. If SJW becomes synonymous with "atheism" no one will want to identify with the term.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Commie have you ever had a concussion?
If so, have you ever considered whether it could potentially have caused you damage that you aren't aware of or hasn't emerged yet?
Lol yeah I have had 2. Years apart and I was treated for both. I had a brain scan for something unrelated a couple years back and I came up clean.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Commie have you ever had a concussion?
:lol: Inquiring minds and all that .... ;-)

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Being that I answered a minute before you posted maybe the bear should be asking you that questions steer

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

Also, :nin: on the "coming out" issue. This is my brother:

[youtube]9MSEcY7tKaA[/youtube]

Mostly, we just kinda silently agree not to discuss religion at family functions.

free thoughtpolice

welch:
When I am out and about and I see the start of what could be a fight situation, I take the only sane option: I leave well before it gets real. Now, part of this has to do with growing up where and when I did, where what should have been just a bit of punching would turn into knives, guns, or the occasional machete.
I don't disagree with avoiding confrontation. It's just that some of the language here is dismissive of what was an assault. You just don't run up after the shoes are off (Watch some Jerry Springer, that means we're gonna fight) and then wail on her while she still has her hands down, then needs to be restrained.
If this wouldn't have said "what" nothing wrong would have happened:
[youtube]qo5jnBJvGUs[/youtube]

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Steersman wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:Imagine a society sufficiently infested with people who behave in destructive ways because of certain beliefs? What would that look like? How would that affect say ... Skepticism?
Just a thought, but maybe, perchance, like most Muslim societies and cultures? As for what it would look like, might I suggest Pakistan where they refuse to condemn child marriage because it conflicts with the Quran and the sayings of the Prophet [piss on his name and all of his ilk], and where they condone and promote killing apostates and gays? You support that?
Since some muslims think drinking piss is holy (Mohammed drank some or something), might I suggest "dog piss be upon him" or maybe "pig piss be upon him"? Just to make sure they don't take it as praise or something. :D
:) Say, maybe I need to update my canned Twitter responses: "#BanIslam", "Dog's piss on Muhammad!", "#SaudiBarbaria", "Fifty-four Forty or Fight!" (just for the Muricans in the crowd). ;-)

But ran across an amusing Tweet the other day, something along the line of, "Guaranteed proof against becoming an Islamic terrorist: eat two strips of bacon a day!". :-) But along the same line, an interesting and amusing post from Anjuli: My rehabilitation of pigs.