The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
Sunder

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by Sunder »

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Also, Steve can get fucked. I regret that it's too late to get a refund for the audio lectures I bought.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Sunder wrote:Also, Steve can get fucked. I regret that it's too late to get a refund for the audio lectures I bought.
It might not be. Throw a fit.

Also fix your avatar.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

deLurch wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Novella's article is up
http://theness.com/neurologicablog/inde ... d-dawkins/
Archive of the response article:
https://archive.is/xaHr6
No reason to avoid going to the original link though.
Moron. Novella would have been better off saying nothing.
I want to directly address Dawkins’ last statement:
“The science and skepticism community is too small and too important to let disagreements divide us and divert us from our mission of promoting a more critical and scientifically literate world.”
I completely agree. That is, ironically, the exact reason we were so disturbed by that video and Dawkins spreading of it. I do wish Dawkins would recognize (perhaps he does) his special place within our community and the power that position holds. When he retweets a link to a video, even with a caveat, that has a tremendous impact. It lends legitimacy to the video and the ideas expressed in it.
Opinion? Since when does a fact become an opinion?

The problem with the video is that it is not just satire, it makes it impossible for anyone with an IQ of less than 70 to ignore some very unpalatable facts concerning Intersectional Feminism.

The problem with having your head buried in the sand is that it makes it easier to get kicked in the ass. Right now Novella has exposed himself as not only being an ass, but that NECSS is not very sceptical.

There is simply no point in going to their conference unless you are going to kick their collective asses over their insult to your intelligence.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

paddybrown wrote:
To be fair, we don't know where else Parsehole posts, or hangs out in real life. He might have discussed it elsewhere as well.

Imagine if we discovered that "Tony Parsehole" isn't even his real name?
I'm still here, gaylords.

I'm just a boring fucker who lurks a lot.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Well, I guess trans activists have just ruined real womens' chances of winning the Olympics. If trans-women compete with real women, there is no chance in hell that real women will ever win any awards from now on.

"Olympic Committee throws real women under the transgender bus"
[youtube]KTBrNJe-osI[/youtube]

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Scented Nectar wrote:Well, I guess trans activists have just ruined real womens' chances of winning the Olympics. If trans-women compete with real women, there is no chance in hell that real women will ever win any awards from now on.
Gymnastics?

tina

Post by tina »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
paddybrown wrote:
To be fair, we don't know where else Parsehole posts, or hangs out in real life. He might have discussed it elsewhere as well.

ARSEHOLE LIVES!! Kill the fatted calf! :burn:

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Ape+lust wrote:Oy.

Jon Ronson says Tim Hunt considered suicide during his public shaming.

http://www.lbc.co.uk/sexism-shame-scien ... ide-124010

I hope that fucking toad St Louis is getting this shoved in her face.
From what I have seen of her I doubt that it will have much of a personal impact on St. Louis. She appears to lack enough empathy to appreciate this outcome at all. Not to mention that she is also the Surly Amy in terms of intellect and reputation of the three.

Remember that there were three of them, and she was the one that would up carrying the torch on this. Not Deborah Blum or Ivan Oransky.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Sunder wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:Well, I guess trans activists have just ruined real womens' chances of winning the Olympics. If trans-women compete with real women, there is no chance in hell that real women will ever win any awards from now on.
Gymnastics?

All I know is that I am putting all my money on the Iranian women's soccer team.

tina

Post by tina »

Sunder wrote:
Gymnastics?
Curling?

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Sunder wrote:
Gymnastics?
I would pay money to see, I don't know , perhaps Danielle Muscato deal with a balance beam or the uneven bars...flop sweat and hair everywhere...

Guest_0048cc29

Post by Guest_0048cc29 »

I for one, am looking forward to transgender friendly pair figure skating.

Ericb

Post by Ericb »

Spike13 wrote:
Sunder wrote:
Gymnastics?
I would pay money to see, I don't know , perhaps Danielle Muscato deal with a balance beam or the uneven bars...flop sweat and hair everywhere...
It will be like those old Warsaw Pact teams during the Cold War.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

x_?_x wrote:

Connie St. Louis had to apologize for making accusations against Milo Yiannopolous just recently, as well.

As far as I'm concerned, she has no credibility, but do regular people do enough research to know that? The uneven playing field (media vs skeptics, basically) makes a person like St. Louis insulated from their own mistakes.

If media pushes her forward as a credible person, which appearances on BBC does, normal individuals might not realize that she has a horrific track record of making things up.

It's incredibly frustrating to see such obvious shams getting promoted by media outlets.
If you were an old school gamer you would not only be unsurprised, but hardened about this. Hell if you remember the media frenzy concerning WDM and Iraq you would be completely unsurprised.

People like Louise Mench are the exception. The majority of the media consists of unscrupulous and malevolent individuals completely lacking any sort of ethics in any way, shape or form.

x_?_x

Post by x_?_x »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
paddybrown wrote:

Is it true that GG created you?

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

The Russians are so progressive, they have been doing this for years.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

deLurch wrote:The Staff of the New England Skeptic Society is as follow:
http://www.theness.com/index.php/about/
NESS President: Dr. Steven Novella
Vice President: Robert Novella
Bob is a co-founder and Vice-President of the New England Skeptical Society.
Executive Director: Evan Bernstein, Evan Bernstein is the co-host of The Skeptics’ Guide to the Universe and is the producer and co-host of The Skeptics Guide 5×5 weekly science podcasts. He posts a blog each Monday at The Rogues Gallery, the official blog of the SGU. Evan serves as the technical adviser for official NESS investigations
Director of Marketing and Technology: Jay Novella
Web Manager: Mike Lacelle
Three people called Novella.

That's diversity for you.

Blood relatives, married or (more likely) both? Somebody count the toes.

x_?_x

Post by x_?_x »

AndrewV69 wrote:
x_?_x wrote:

Connie St. Louis had to apologize for making accusations against Milo Yiannopolous just recently, as well.

As far as I'm concerned, she has no credibility, but do regular people do enough research to know that? The uneven playing field (media vs skeptics, basically) makes a person like St. Louis insulated from their own mistakes.

If media pushes her forward as a credible person, which appearances on BBC does, normal individuals might not realize that she has a horrific track record of making things up.

It's incredibly frustrating to see such obvious shams getting promoted by media outlets.
If you were an old school gamer you would not only be unsurprised, but hardened about this. Hell if you remember the media frenzy concerning WDM and Iraq you would be completely unsurprised.

People like Louise Mench are the exception. The majority of the media consists of unscrupulous and malevolent individuals completely lacking any sort of ethics in any way, shape or form.
Not like this.

Connie St. Louis is a very different animal. We're not talking about journalists spinning or manipulating; Connie St. Louis is making shit up, and she's admitted that she likes to do, publicly. Her résumé is fake, her stories are fake ... but she still goes on BBC. It's amazing.

I'm both used to and familiar with media nonsense. Connie St. Louis is a case that really bothers me, however, and it's frustrating to see her pull these stunts and essentially get away with it.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

VickyCaramel wrote:

The Russians are so progressive, they have been doing this for years.

Just because that East German female swimmers penis flopped out in the 76' games doesn't prove anything.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Sunder wrote:Freudian slip?

http://i.imgur.com/Z7jIdiA.jpg

Mid it was about Dawkins previous behaviour why did these cunting retards invite him in the first place?

Looks like they'd already caved in to the SJWs and we're looking for a pretext.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Shatterface wrote: Looks like they'd already caved in to the SJWs and we're looking for a pretext.
Jones points out that it looks as though that pretext was "Steve's former podcast co-host grumbled about Dawkins being invited."

And at this point, I wouldn't be surprised.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Sunder wrote:
Gymnastics?
Well, I have heard that post-operative trans-women have to do stretching exercises with their new vaginas. Add a little music, and that's a new gymnastics routine. :lol:
#thingsnottoevergoogleimagesearch

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Has anybody here ever heard of Nathan Lean?

He's a Salon writer and a full-on Islamist apologist (he even wrote a book called The Islamophobia Industry).

Look at this tweet:
Because these values are sooo baaad and restrict "diversity":
What a cunt.

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

Enough snivelling and whining about free speech and skepticism and other boring shit. Here is some important medical news that we need to discuss. I would be interested in the opinions of our resident experts... Skep Tickle, Screwtape... Scented Nectar...

http://phitimes.com/eating-a-vagna-cure ... t-studies/

:cdc:

(Crudely drawn cocks - like sex and gender - are merely social constructs so this is totally apropos for this post.)

tina

Post by tina »

Shatterface wrote:

Mid it was about Dawkins previous behaviour why did these cunting retards invite him in the first place?

"There is much more here than a single tweet."

Utter bullshit. Spell it out Novella or STFU. :hankey:

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Over at Steve's. Ouch:
Ztarr wrote:This is intellectually dishonest. This is exactly all the motivated reasoning that people use to get to the bottom of the cognitive dissonance pyramid. This response and the entire short-sighted, reactionary mess could be a sample in Mistakes Were Made (But Not By Me).

This is self rationalization. This is Olympic gold mental gymnastics of the finest quality. I could’ve written this response as a writing assignment on how an intelligent man would use self-rationalizations to reconcile this.

I see through this and if it is transparent to me it is because Dr. Steve Novella was the one who taught me how to spot cognitive bias and self-rationalizations in others—especially in intelligent authority figures who are emotionally, socially, and economically invested in what they are defending.

The crude video was a response to a segment of self-described feminists defending the rapists involved in the Cologne attacks, and defending them on the basis that they are refugees from Syrian conflict.

But it doesn’t matter because I know that there is no hope here in convincing the board of even entertaining the notion that you are mistaken. What Would Carl Sagan Do is just something to sell on a T-shirt to naïve lovers of skepticism who believed you were genuine in the courageous idea of lighting candles instead of cursing the darkness.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Ape+lust wrote:[.img]http://imgur.com/9c8XQ9w.jpg[/img]
:lol: :clap:

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

I've been having a Dario Argento season this week and I now realise why the Blockbot admins look so familiar.

It's like they've all chosen to dress like a 1970s giallo serial killer.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

tina wrote:"There is much more here than a single tweet."

Exactly. I don't expect any sort of itemized list of specific offenses which led to this to be forthcoming (even though Nugent could and did provide such a list when his org. disassociated from Myers).

It's pure post-hoc rationalization.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

dog puke wrote:Enough snivelling and whining about free speech and skepticism and other boring shit. Here is some important medical news that we need to discuss. I would be interested in the opinions of our resident experts... Skep Tickle, Screwtape... Scented Nectar...

(Crudely drawn cocks - like sex and gender - are merely social constructs so this is totally apropos for this post.)
I am not an expert, but if it works, then I hope the protection lasts a long time. The last vagina I 'ate' was in the 80s.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

x_?_x wrote:
Connie St. Louis is a very different animal. We're not talking about journalists spinning or manipulating; Connie St. Louis is making shit up, and she's admitted that she likes to do, publicly. Her résumé is fake, her stories are fake ... but she still goes on BBC. It's amazing.

I'm both used to and familiar with media nonsense. Connie St. Louis is a case that really bothers me, however, and it's frustrating to see her pull these stunts and essentially get away with it.
I suspect you already have an opinion as to how/why St. Louis gets away with it. Care to share?

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Steersman wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:[.img]http://imgur.com/9c8XQ9w.jpg[/img]
:lol: :clap:
Thank you, Steersman :D

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Scented Nectar wrote:
dog puke wrote:Enough snivelling and whining about free speech and skepticism and other boring shit. Here is some important medical news that we need to discuss. I would be interested in the opinions of our resident experts... Skep Tickle, Screwtape... Scented Nectar...

I am not an expert, but if it works, then I hope the protection lasts a long time. The last vagina I 'ate' was in the 80s.
And by that, I mean the 1980s, not that the vagina owner was in her 80s. :?

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

Scented Nectar wrote:

And you're still alive. Must be something to the report. :think:

x_?_x

Post by x_?_x »

AndrewV69 wrote:
x_?_x wrote:

I suspect you already have an opinion as to how/why St. Louis gets away with it. Care to share?
I think a lot of people would point to her being a woman of color.

But I saw media outlets come out in defense of "Sarah" Nyberg. At this point in time, there are people who will defend you if you have similar opinions to theirs, regardless of any baggage.

You can lie and make things up and you can do so repeatedly... as long as you agree with "me," it would seem.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Kirbmarc wrote:Has anybody here ever heard of Nathan Lean?

He's a Salon writer and a full-on Islamist apologist (he even wrote a book called The Islamophobia Industry).

Look at this tweet:
What a cunt.
Rape is fine if it's 'exotic' enough.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Be interested to know if this applies equally to post-op transwomen as it does to womyn-born-womyn. If the 'pussy beats cancer' idea should ever gain any traction, imagine the mischief that might ensue. :lol:

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

Hey, at least the Iranian mullahs aren't TERFs.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Look at this tweet:
What a cunt.
Indeed. He wrote a hatchet-job of Nawaz recently:
What Does Maajid Nawaz Really Believe?

Take down of it here: Brown Men Can’t Wear Tweed

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

Me like.

I do, however, have to admit to a sneaking admiration for Sarkeesian. She has chutzpah out the wazoo.

She raises flipping great wodges of cash by claiming she's being threatened by misogynists - and her first video is about the terribly sexist "Damsel in Distress" trope in video games.

Having done about half of what she said she would in about twice the time, she decides she's not going to do it anymore, claiming to be depressed - and her last video is about covering arses.

She could hardly be more obvious.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

dog puke wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:

And you're still alive. Must be something to the report. :think:
Well, let's see if I get to age 100 some day. Then, maybe there's something to it. :)

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

paddybrown wrote:
Me like.

I do, however, have to admit to a sneaking admiration for Sarkeesian. She has chutzpah out the wazoo.

She raises flipping great wodges of cash by claiming she's being threatened by misogynists - and her first video is about the terribly sexist "Damsel in Distress" trope in video games.

Having done about half of what she said she would in about twice the time, she decides she's not going to do it anymore, claiming to be depressed - and her last video is about covering arses.

She could hardly be more obvious.
Yup! And after you've played the UN, what venue won't feel like a cheap-seats comedown, besides maybe the International Space Station? She set a benchmark for grifters that'll be hard to beat.

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

Also, good news for Richard Carrier and his various levels of sex partner:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/al ... depressant

welch

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by welch »

Spike13 wrote:
welch wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
Good. And Rowling's titanium-hearted-bitch response to McGarry is a thing of beauty:
Dude, that was like killing a slug with the Wave Motion Gun.

Holy Shit! A Starblazers/ Cruiseship Yamoto reference..... I'm keeping my eye on you Welch...
Space Battleship Yamato. Got the 2010 live-action for xmas, very fun film. So overwrought, but fun. Especially the Yamato doing a dive run on a planet then warping out right before hitting it. Nice touch.

welch

Post by welch »

Hunt wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Novella's article is up

http://theness.com/neurologicablog/inde ... d-dawkins/
Criticizing feminism is okay, like calling a cop an asshole is technically legal, but if you do it you're spending the night in jail. Can someone point me to an instance where criticizing feminism was ever well received?
In the US at least, if the only thing you're doing wrong is calling the cop an asshole, if they arrest you, that ends up expensive for them. The courts have established that it's not illegal to call a cop an asshole, a fuckstick, or to flip them off.

Now, the "smartness" of doing that is up for debate, cops are adept at fucking with you, but it isn't illegal here.

welch

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by welch »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Spike13 wrote:
Tigzy wrote:Ape - next time you do a Carrier shoop, could you see fit to include either:

A bonsai tree piloting a Zero fighter.

A wee Jap piloting a bonsai tree.

Cheers.
Please tell me that idiot didn't say that.( bonzai and bonsai are the same word/ thing)

Although both words originally came from China they only bear a cosmetic resemblance.

Bonzai means " ten thousand years" also translated to English as " long life". Taken from the phrase "Tenno Heikka Bonzai" or "long life to the Emperor". Although no one knows if kamikaze pilots actually shouted it as they plowed to their deaths, infantry certainly did as they engaged in "Bonzai " or "kamikaze " charges.

Bonsai Bon -tray like pot. Sai -planting or plantings.

If it was an attempt at humor it was a poor one.
Even worse for someone who purportedly takes history as a discipline.
I'm confused. So why did my little potted tree commit suicide and try to kill me in the process?
I had one jump off a 6th-floor balcony and try to kill me. He had shitty aim, only glanced off my shoulder.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

tina wrote:
Shatterface wrote:

"There is much more here than a single tweet."

I think I've mentioned here before my own personal theory about the SGU co-hosts and Watson.

I am pretty sure that Watson walked rather than got pushed from the SGU.
My evidence for that is her normal behavior whenever she believes someone has done something against her - which is to go full-on harpy against them - a woman scorned indeed.
Well, I didn't see any of that directed against the SGU after she left, leading me to conclude that they hadn't scorned her by asking her to leave against her will. So she walked out on them.

But...

The SGU co-hosts have a long history with Rebecca and her fellow Skepchicks - particularly in terms of partying with them at conventions in the good old days pre-Elevatorgate. Regular SGU listeners will know that the 'Skepchick party' at TAM meetings was a running topic and was apparently a well known hook-up event in those days.
My theory is that the SGU rogues may have been more than casual witnesses to these events. Unfortunately for this group of married men they are now at the mercy of Rebecca who we all know would spill the beans in a second if she felt the need to exact revenge.
Novella, like a lot of his cronies (Phil Plait, etc) seem to have a desperate need for the media spotlight ('The Skeptologists'?). Sagan's position as the media's science star has never quite been filled. The last thing Novella needs is a SJW witch-hunt against him or his brothers ruining any chances he has of making it into the big time .Watson may have few genuine talents but being able to kickstart a witchhunt is one she can claim with ease. We may laugh at her current behavior, chasing around 2nd tier media stars like that Mythbuster guy, but she does have enough media clout to seriously fuck the Novellas up if she chose to.

welch

Post by welch »

Eskarina wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:
Tigzy wrote:And #wrongskin. Never forget #wrongskin. That one made the international press (coming off the back, as it did, of the Rachel Dolezal thing). Parsehole/Elfwick's finest moment.

Sarg definitely needs to know that Elfwick was born here. Our boy Parsehole done good.

That said, Parsehole himself seems kinda semi-retired these days, which is a shame - but the dude has definitely earned his rest.
Parsehole/Elfwick was so good social justice dweebs would lie to claim a connection to him:

http://imgur.com/rIE8W0g.png
Where were you when Godfrey Elfwick was born? :lol:
Masturbating

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

paddybrown wrote:

Wrong, Carrier likes to splash his on a woman's face, not in the vagina. So Carrier is denying women an important anti-depressant source to satisfy his fetish. Which by the way, is not degrading to the woman in any way...

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:

And by that, I mean the 1980s, not that the vagina owner was in her 80s. :?
No link to the study/paper/report as usual. A quick scan of PubMed however reveals this entry, from 2011 Topical oxytocin reverses vaginal atrophy in postmenopausal women: a double-blind randomized pilot study.

Anyway, this business about oxytocin and the well known link with breast feeding, child birth, coitius, orgasm, etc. etc. or in other words with various beneficial physiological and psychological effects should be well known by now?

Sheesh!

PS:
OB is better off swallowing rather than spitting cause apparently semen helps with depression. Not that I am volunteering to help with that you understand.Carrier might be the one to help out. Anyway, never mind the fact that OB would possibly spit if the subject of her sex life ever came up.

Really?

Post by Really? »

HunnyBunny wrote:
paddybrown wrote:

Wrong, Carrier likes to splash his on a woman's face, not in the vagina. So Carrier is denying women an important anti-depressant source to satisfy his fetish. Which by the way, is not degrading to the woman in any way...
Does the article say anything about the health benefits of sticking your nasty ass toe into a vagina?

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

What a load of shit. He's getting pasted so all of a sudden it's "Hey, it's about a lot of other stuff too! You guys are placing entirely way too much importance on that thing I just wrote! Stop reading what I wrote, dammit!"
backpedal 2.gif
(3.86 MiB) Downloaded 827 times

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

HunnyBunny wrote:
Hey, if they're fine with having sex with a narcissist like Carrier they're probably fine with his semen fetish, too.

Jokes aside nothing that his agreed upon is "degrading" per se. I don't really care about what Carrier does with his "girlfriends". I don't even care too much about his lack of boundaries, and his cheating on his wife is a matter between her and him (even though he made it public because he's so egocentric that he thinks that anybody should care about his flaws, regrets and redemptions).

What annoys about Carrier is the fact that he whines about being "oppressed" by "socially constructed monogamy" when he's just horny.

Nobody cares about where Dickie puts his dick as long as they're consenting adults. No laws or authoritarian authorities prohibit him from having many sexual adventures, or taking parts in the swinging lifestyle, or going to orgies, or even starring in porn (he wouldn't even have to change his name, although his average caucasian schlong might disqualify him).

Being horny doesn't mean being oppressed. Anyone who thinks that they're being oppressed because they're called horndogs, made fun of, or rejected by people who prefer monogamy is a whining asshole, and needs to have more sex and talks less about they're oppressed by lack of sex.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Gumby wrote:

What a load of shit. He's getting pasted so all of a sudden it's "Hey, it's about a lot of other stuff too! You guys are placing entirely way too much importance on that thing I just wrote! Stop reading what I wrote, dammit!"
backpedal 2.gif
Oh FFS. If NECSS seriously thought Dawkins was so 'problematic' as to be one final straw away from breaking the proverbial camel's back, they'd have never invited him. Unless they were utter dimwits and/or had an unscrupulous thirst for publicity, that is.

Ericb

Post by Ericb »

Shatterface wrote:

Look at this tweet:
What a cunt.
Rape is fine if it's 'exotic' enough.
Or if it's raping up.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Guest_0048cc29 wrote:I for one, am looking forward to transgender friendly pair figure skating.
[youtube]sPFRZP4qY7I[/youtube]

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Novella says this in the comments of that post:
"The issue is not what Dawkins is free to say. It is about the editorial focus and the atmosphere of our conference. We would not, for example, invite someone to NECSS to bash religion, because we are a science conference. That does not mean I don’t respect pointed criticism of religion. It’s just not the proper venue. "
If it is a purely science conference why would they invite Dawkins?
He is better known these days for his atheism activism than anything else and he's never been shy about bashing religion.

As other have said, he is engaging in Olympic level rationalization of a hasty decision. Dawkins starts twitter outrages like this every other week. Why invite him at all if they want to avoid atheism and think a single twitter attack by the professional offendees is justification enough to dump him...

The Yeti

Post by The Yeti »

pro-boxing-fan wrote:Just for fun, people with a modicum of celebrity that expressed publicly their stance on Dawkins no-platforming.

Against: Shermer, Boghosian, Namazie, Gad Saad, Rubin, Ronald Lindsay (not clear), DJ Grothe, Nuggent, Stephen Knight (Godless spellchecker), Michael Sherlock (don't really know him), Christina Hoff Sommers, Sharon A. Hill (Doubtful news)...

For: PZ, Becky, Steve Novella, Santa Maria, Ophelia ...

Could not find any comments: Maajid Nawaz, Cenk Uygur, Bill Nye, Phil Plait, Ben Bradford, Nick Cohen...

Who else? Copy and add if you feel like it.
Ashe schowe wrote a whole column about it, as did Allum Bokhari of Breitbart.