Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Old subthreads
deLurch

Re: Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Post by deLurch »

So it appears that the museum has placed fencing up around Shia's "We Will Not Be Divided" art project, and there is a security person now standing guard at the entrance now too.

Basement

Post by Basement »

Ape+lust wrote:Here's the live thread, it's a little more complete:

This is a tough one! Is Will being a good ally or not?

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

They are only limiting 5 people at a time into the video camera area for the exhibit.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

This appears to have been how it ended. Shia built a wall (fence).
http://i.imgur.com/yPKRBtm.png

It certainly was amusing to see the antics.

An entire channel was created for this art project if people here want to browse.
http://8ch.net/hwndu/index.html#all

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

deLurch wrote:
DrokkIt wrote:This ban on muslims seems to me to a dangerous and particularly stupid idea, but I think it's time for everyone to realise why Trump is doing this, why his supporters care, and avoid these problems. Otherwise we are going to get a long period of rightwing governance all over Europe. It indeed may be too late to avoid this now as people are so utterly committed to these notions.
Why do you think that?
1. It isn't a ban on muslims, so much as it is a temporary ban on specific nations where where there has been shown to be breeding grounds for high levels of violence and terrorism & animosity towards the US. And yes, the ban may be narrowed down just muslims from those countries. Hopefully the ban can be rescinded once a method for doing proper background checks can be put into place to greatly reduce or eliminate future terrorists entering the US, IF that is even possible.
2. This seems highly more preferable to what is occurring in Europe right now.
3. The terrorist want to kill & rape the kafir as it is. Trying to appease them isn't doing any good.

I accept that this will create hard feelings among many Muslims, and may even increase the numbers who hate the US and wish to do the US harm.
It's designed, I think, to just appease his voters and not to tackle the problem it pertains to.
It's going to reinforce USA identity politics greatly, people over here are talking about it like it's a historic act of utter wrongdoing. Not just fringe loonies but established press.
Actual terrorists will no doubt find illegal ways to get into America if they really want to, I don't see how this is going to deal with the problem of islamic terrorism.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Hunt wrote:
TheMudbrooker wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Many times people fantasize about going back in time and killing Hitler before it was too late. Probably less fantasize about punching Streicher since he's less famous but few would object. Punching Hitler is Captain America's shtick and he's an American icon.

IF you believe that Trump is Hitler and his entourage are nazis and Spencer is a powerful nazi with links to Trump then it makes sense to punch Spencer to try to intimidate it from ever speaking in public again. To the SJWs punching Spencer is the (admittedly lamer and half-assed) equivalent of shooting Hitler in 1933, just after he came to power. Who wouldn't want to stop Hitler before it was too late?
Most people don't realize that there were many attempts made on Hitler's life between 1933 and the famous bomb under the table in 1944. What if one of them succeeded? Who would have taken command of the Third Reich? My money is on Reinhardt Heydrich. If that were the case, the world would be a very different place today and not for the better. Heydrich was utterly ruthless and utterly competent to a degree that Hitler and the rest couldn't even dream of.
Except that Heydrich was successfully assassinated in 1942, so who would have been next?
A bit of a brain fart on my part, I meant to end with "That's why he was assassinated." but I went back to correct a couple of typos and spaced it.

Who would have been next? Depends on when Hitler would have been killed. Hess was his named successor until his little plane ride. Goering was nominally number two in the government, but by the mid to late thirties he was deep into the morphine and after the Battle of Britain he was in disfavor. Himmler would be an obvious choice, he had the SS, Gestapo and police forces behind him but I doubt any of the military brass would have supported him. Ernst Rohm was hugely popular but the Night of the Long Knives took care of him very early on. Rommel was a popular hero but I don't think he would have been all that interested in the job. It makes for an ineresting game of "What If".

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

deLurch wrote:They are only limiting 5 people at a time into the video camera area for the exhibit.
In other words The Boof has divided us. Into convenient units of 5.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

What kind of fucking name is "Shia" anyhow? What a flake.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

deLurch wrote:This appears to have been how it ended. Shia built a wall (fence).

That is technically called a divider.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

DrokkIt wrote:It's designed, I think, to just appease his voters and not to tackle the problem it pertains to.
That is possible.
DrokkIt wrote:It's going to reinforce USA identity politics greatly,
Everything reinforces USA identity politics in our current year. But now people are starting to publicly say they don't give a fuck.
DrokkIt wrote:people over here are talking about it like it's a historic act of utter wrongdoing. Not just fringe loonies but established press.
So kind of like how Brexit was treated. People here in the US are starting to pay less head to the established press partly because they have a tendency to only tell half of the story. As in whatever is considered politically correct, and ignore what may be legitimate issues on other sides.
DrokkIt wrote:Actual terrorists will no doubt find illegal ways to get into America if they really want to, I don't see how this is going to deal with the problem of islamic terrorism.
Off the top of my head, I can't recall terrorism from a non-resident since 9/11.

The people who are engaged in terrorism (if my recollection is accurate), tends to be the "lone wolf" attacks called for by ISIS and others of the ilk. It preys on people who may be mentally ill, or going through a period of high stress (work, relationships, school, personal failure) to try and find some alternative meaning in their lives through violence. I don't imagine that the rhetoric or the calls for lone wolf attacks is going to end any time soon (as in within the next several decades). Just like the US is dragging out Russia as the culprit for Trump getting elected, parties in the middle east will continue to seek to blame their own failures & problems on the US. Kind of like what Venezuela does with the US currently.

And the sad part is, many of those involved in terrorism are the children of immigrants. You can't directly screen for a child or someone who is not even born yet. All you can do is look at the cultural values of those coming in. And to a degree, there is a strong correlation between the Muslim faith and terrorism. I wish there was an easy way to screen out the bad eggs and let only the good eggs in. If we have to be more stringent on our screening processes, so be it.

And then you have cultural issues like rape, including the rape of children by refugee who are not used to our norms. There are cases like that popping up in the US. Europe is getting walloped by trying to pretend like it is just a bump in the road. Yeah, it may be considered a bump in the road a century from now. But for the people directly affected by it, and the people in Europe who are afraid to go out, and the no-go zones that exist even for police? Something needs to be done.

Now for dedicated terrorist to sneak into the country (which should be somewhat easy to do, but tightening our border security should help), suddenly requires planning, and communication, and multiple people. You can't really send over a solo person and hope they won't chicken out at the last minute. They need constant reassurance, reinforcement and handling to get them to go through with it. Something that provides a better chance of getting caught. Right now all they are doing is doing some shitty online posts ala pz myers and hoping someone follows through for them on the dirty work. Now it takes time, money, people and planning. It has markedly increased the complexity of carrying through an operation.

Is there a better way? I hope so. Personally, I would want to pull out of the middle east completely and let them kill each other if they wish. Better for them to have an insane brutal dictator who squashes all rebellion who is scared shitless of what the US might do to them if they cause problems, than to have the morass that exists right now.

/my-two-cents

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

free thoughtpolice wrote:What kind of fucking name is "Shia" anyhow? What a flake.
http://i.imgur.com/8eyIriG.jpg

free thoughtpolice

Super mormon Jason Chaffetz is the father of Pepe the Frog. note resemblance
[youtube][/youtube]

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Holy shit - I'd love to see PZ's face.

http://i.imgur.com/TzTjEB4.png

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

I bet all these anti-fascist SJWs think they are being real edgy in writing "fuck" on their posters and clothes. These jokers would run a fucking mile if actual Nazis turned up. Wouldn't take much for the SJWs to start baby-crying at the first fucking sign of danger.

dogen

Post by dogen »

Brive1987 wrote:Holy shit - I'd love to see PZ's face.

Not sure where you found this, but it's fake. Look at e.g. the left-hand menu panel on this page:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/america-first-energy

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

deLurch wrote:
DrokkIt wrote:It's designed, I think, to just appease his voters and not to tackle the problem it pertains to.
That is possible.
DrokkIt wrote:It's going to reinforce USA identity politics greatly,
Everything reinforces USA identity politics in our current year. But now people are starting to publicly say they don't give a fuck.
DrokkIt wrote:people over here are talking about it like it's a historic act of utter wrongdoing. Not just fringe loonies but established press.
So kind of like how Brexit was treated. People here in the US are starting to pay less head to the established press partly because they have a tendency to only tell half of the story. As in whatever is considered politically correct, and ignore what may be legitimate issues on other sides.
DrokkIt wrote:Actual terrorists will no doubt find illegal ways to get into America if they really want to, I don't see how this is going to deal with the problem of islamic terrorism.
Off the top of my head, I can't recall terrorism from a non-resident since 9/11.

The people who are engaged in terrorism (if my recollection is accurate), tends to be the "lone wolf" attacks called for by ISIS and others of the ilk. It preys on people who may be mentally ill, or going through a period of high stress (work, relationships, school, personal failure) to try and find some alternative meaning in their lives through violence. I don't imagine that the rhetoric or the calls for lone wolf attacks is going to end any time soon (as in within the next several decades). Just like the US is dragging out Russia as the culprit for Trump getting elected, parties in the middle east will continue to seek to blame their own failures & problems on the US. Kind of like what Venezuela does with the US currently.

And the sad part is, many of those involved in terrorism are the children of immigrants. You can't directly screen for a child or someone who is not even born yet. All you can do is look at the cultural values of those coming in. And to a degree, there is a strong correlation between the Muslim faith and terrorism. I wish there was an easy way to screen out the bad eggs and let only the good eggs in. If we have to be more stringent on our screening processes, so be it.

And then you have cultural issues like rape, including the rape of children by refugee who are not used to our norms. There are cases like that popping up in the US. Europe is getting walloped by trying to pretend like it is just a bump in the road. Yeah, it may be considered a bump in the road a century from now. But for the people directly affected by it, and the people in Europe who are afraid to go out, and the no-go zones that exist even for police? Something needs to be done.

Now for dedicated terrorist to sneak into the country (which should be somewhat easy to do, but tightening our border security should help), suddenly requires planning, and communication, and multiple people. You can't really send over a solo person and hope they won't chicken out at the last minute. They need constant reassurance, reinforcement and handling to get them to go through with it. Something that provides a better chance of getting caught. Right now all they are doing is doing some shitty online posts ala pz myers and hoping someone follows through for them on the dirty work. Now it takes time, money, people and planning. It has markedly increased the complexity of carrying through an operation.

Is there a better way? I hope so. Personally, I would want to pull out of the middle east completely and let them kill each other if they wish. Better for them to have an insane brutal dictator who squashes all rebellion who is scared shitless of what the US might do to them if they cause problems, than to have the morass that exists right now.

/my-two-cents

All fine points to which I don't particularly disagree.
I don't think I explained my core problem, and that is the ramifications this has here in the UK. It's a real powder-keg of badly thought-out reactionary nonsense right now, and this muslim ban is stirring up all kinds of alarmist garbage.

I am not exaggerating.

We are very likely going to loose the union very shortly, and the reason I care about that (beyond liking Scotland) is that it will make the south-east of England even more powerful and I honestly see this as a threat to the community and culture of my region.
The brexit point you made it super-relevant. The divisions behind that run incredibly deep and are not properly explained by any of the narratives in the media.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Already seeing messages on social media blaming Trump for that shooting at a Quebec mosque (at least 5 dead), even though nobody knows what the fuck happened, who the (three) gunmen were, and why it fucking happened.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

dogen wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Holy shit - I'd love to see PZ's face.

Not sure where you found this, but it's fake. Look at e.g. the left-hand menu panel on this page:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/america-first-energy
It's mine. I apologise for being so fucking obvious.

:bjarte: :lol:

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

At the first sign of danger, I turn tail and go the other way too.
* Physical damage
* Property damage
* Expensive legal fees, lawyers
* Trying to explain why my fight was justified

And all for what? Not to lose street cred as a tough guy? Fuck that. I had better be backed into a corner with no way out, or in my own home before I engage in what is in the modern day insanity.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

Four dead (or maybe 5) in a shoot out at a mosque in my little corner of the world. Not a lot of details have come out yet. Some of the french news sources contradict each other a bit on some info. At first glance it look more like an extremist right wing attack than a little killing incident amongst muslims.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canad ... -de-quebec

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

pro-boxing-fan wrote:Four dead (or maybe 5) in a shoot out at a mosque in my little corner of the world. Not a lot of details have come out yet. Some of the french news sources contradict each other a bit on some info. At first glance it look more like an extremist right wing attack than a little killing incident amongst muslims.

PZ will be on this like a pig in shit, pausing only to adjust his pants for his erection.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

pro-boxing-fan wrote:Four dead (or maybe 5) in a shoot out at a mosque in my little corner of the world. Not a lot of details have come out yet. Some of the french news sources contradict each other a bit on some info. At first glance it look more like an extremist right wing attack than a little killing incident amongst muslims.

A lot of regressives will be praying and cumming themselves that it is a Trump-supporting, New Atheist, White, Old, Male, Conservative Christian, Republican, Tory, Brexiter...... CJ Werleman must be wanking himself off already.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

TV news media & anti-Trump interest groups are panic-mongering.

It's working. People are jumpy & scared. People who cope poorly with anxiety are becoming unhinged.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Service Dog wrote:TV news media & anti-Trump interest groups are panic-mongering.

It's working. People are jumpy & scared. People who cope poorly with anxiety are becoming unhinged.
On the other hand, few SJWs have felt so absolutely alive and relevant as they do now. There will be no coming back to "normal" now.

It's the tragic irony of war.
Xi fell in November, 2020, on a day that was so quiet and still on the whole front, that the [Resistance] report confined itself to the single sentence: All quiet on the [Justice] Front.

Xi had fallen forward and lay on the earth as though sleeping. Turning him over one saw that Xi could not have suffered long; Xi face had an expression of calm, as though almost glad the end had come.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Service Dog wrote:TV news media & anti-Trump interest groups are panic-mongering.

Also, people who see this fear as payday are creaming their pants with the thoughts of the riches to come. Fox News, right wing websites with something of a name already, Meyers, etc.

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

CommanderTuvok wrote:

A lot of regressives will be praying and cumming themselves that it is a Trump-supporting, New Atheist, White, Old, Male, Conservative Christian, Republican, Tory, Brexiter...... CJ Werleman must be wanking himself off already.
A bit unrelated, Quebec city is a weird melting pot. While the greater Quebec city area is one of the most conservative area of the province, the city itself is filled with far leftist hipster with a beret and a macbook under the arm in lieu of a baguette.

The greater area is also extremely homogeneous, white and french. The city itself is doing much better in terms of diversity, thanks to its status as the capital of the province and the fact that the Quebec Government as a lot of direct political connections to other countries (mostly french speaking countries). So lots of diplomat, foreign NGO and also tons of foreign student from the french world.

Quebec city is the center of the anti-english sentiments that you can find in some french part of Canada. You will not find a lot of love here for the Tories even amongst staunch conservatives and other like minded people.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Horrific. I hope whomever did it gets the Dlynn Roof treatment.

Unlike fake incidences, the actual killing of other muslims would suggest white nationalist. Or for all we know it could be Christian refugees from the middle eastern countries that are being slaughtered. Now those people have a real beef. But one of the major rules of immigration is when you enter a new host country, you sure has shit had better leave your violent retribution fantasies at the door. If it turns out the be white Canadian nationalists, I wonder if it might have been their misguided reaction to Trudeau throwing open the door.

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

A witness told Radio Canada that one of the attackers shouted “Allahu akbar” as he opened fire.

“One started shooting. As soon as he opened fire he shouted, "Allahu akbar!" ("God is great!") The bullets reached people who were praying. People who prayed lost their lives. As for myself, the bullet passed over my head," the witness who refused to be identified said, adding the attackers “seemed to have a very good Québec accent.”

Two suspects have been arrested in the ongoing police operation, according to a Québec police spokesman. An investigation into the attack has been launched.
https://www.rt.com/news/375554-quebec-c ... -shooting/

This is getting weirder. Islamists attacking a mosque full of other muslims? Is it common for terrorist to wear a face mack (or what we call 'cagoule')? It might be not uncommon at all, i just find it weird at the moment.

Btw the RT article does not mentioned that part but the article is quoting a french article that do mention it and it's coming from the same witness.

SkepticalCat

Post by SkepticalCat »

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/201 ... ce=copyurl

Quebec shooters identified as "white supremacists David M. J. Aurine and Mathieu Fornier, according to Reuters".

free thoughtpolice

SkepticalCat wrote:http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/201 ... ce=copyurl

Quebec shooters identified as "white supremacists David M. J. Aurine and Mathieu Fornier, according to Reuters".
Can Steersman prove he is in BC? Not saying, but you know.

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

Ive just check all the major french sources and none are citing that, maybe i should check on Twitter, it often start there. Anyway, i take it with a grain of salt for now. Plus, connecting 2 names with 'white supremacists' evidences before anyone on the field actually got to just released their name kinda raise a red flag in my head. We'll know soon anyway.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Fucking worthless assholes. They were probably hoping to start a race war like Dylan Roof.

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

Ha ha ha ha
Wtf happened here? Did the daily beast fell for obvious fake news?

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

HOAX on the names of the two shooter!!!!

This is all you need to know. More details here if you need explaination:
http://heavy.com/news/2017/01/david-aur ... remacists/

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Sounds like SJWs fucking with their favorite targets. That or 4chan fucking with their favorite lolcows. Sometimes old media really sucks balls.

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

deLurch wrote:HOAX on the names of the two shooter!!!!

This is all you need to know. More details here if you need explanation:
http://heavy.com/news/2017/01/david-aur ... remacists/
Yeah i know David Aurini and Matt Forney, im just baffled why they would fall for this twitter account. I didn't make the name connection at first but the pictures obvioulsy did it for me and everything was confirmed by the twitter name account. The Daily Beast should have 100% validate the twitter account before publishing. It would have take 30 seconds at max but they didn't make the most basic of effort on that one.

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

One thing is sure, this is getting 10 times more international coverage than the last 3 Canadian islamist inspired extremists attack combined.

Anyone here who live outside Canada have heard of Martin Couture-Rouleau, Michael Zehaf-Bibeau and Aaron Driver?

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Well there's a chance these guys might not be Muslim. The media has a hope.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

They ditched the "white supremacists" without correction or apology. Assholes.

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:

They ditched the "white supremacists" without correction or apology. Assholes.
They just added this:
Editor’s note: This piece originally stated that Reuters reported the names of the assailants. However, the information came from a Reuters parody social-media account. We regret the error and have deleted the information.
Good, im way less offended and the litteral shakes have started to subside. Seriously, im actually happy with this note.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Guarantee that PZ runs with the white supremacy angle.

Because if it's not true then it should be. Stands to reason.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Caine's Great Sartorial Strike against Nazism is a work in progress.

http://i.imgur.com/XyNnuSJ.jpg

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Brive1987 wrote:Caine's Great Sartorial Strike against Nazism is a work in progress.

She misspelled "racists".

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Apropos of nothing much in particular (apart from providing evidence that I've been in BC - at least since 2:00 PM, PST ...):

And a National Review article:
No, the Constitution Does Not Bar ‘Religious Tests’ in Immigration Law

by ANDREW C. MCCARTHY July 30, 2016 4:00 AM @ANDREWCMCCARTHY

Properly vetting would-be immigrants’ religious beliefs is not only legal — it would be wise and prudent. Of all the ignorant pronouncements in the 2016 presidential campaign, the dumbest may be that the Constitution forbids a “religious test” in the vetting of immigrants. Monotonously repeated in political speeches and talking-head blather, this claim is heedless of the Islamic doctrinal roots on which foreign-born Islamists and the jihadists they breed base their anti-Americanism. It is also dead wrong. ....

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Female empowerment never looked so good!

[youtube][/youtube]

I certainly got in touch with my inner female.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Service Dog wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Caine's Great Sartorial Strike against Nazism is a work in progress.

She misspelled "racists".
Too bad she didn't also make "scared" "sacred".

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Could these be the next big-thing for SJW/Special snowflakes?

"Pass me my best virtue signalling pants, there's protestin' to be done!"

:dance:

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Bhurzum wrote:
Could these be the next big-thing for SJW/Special snowflakes?

"Pass me my best virtue signalling pants, there's protestin' to be done!"

:dance:
Oh, and I wonder what Dr. Dickie Carrier's would look like? I'm guessing they'd have a similar texture to a plasterer's radio...

http://midlifegamer.net/wp-content/uplo ... -radio.jpg

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... 7s%20radio

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

:popcorn:

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

pro-boxing-fan wrote:One thing is sure, this is getting 10 times more international coverage than the last 3 Canadian islamist inspired extremists attack combined.

Anyone here who live outside Canada have heard of Martin Couture-Rouleau, Michael Zehaf-Bibeau and Aaron Driver?
Nope.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Sain ... ing_attack

Nope.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/22/world/canada-shooter/

Nope.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/ ... -1.3716222

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I never heard of any of them, ever. The Quebec shit is all over the international news.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Bhurzum wrote: :popcorn:
Wow. They are running around calling him a nazi. Any action is justified when they call someone a nazi.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

This is how the news reported the Seattle incident.

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/more-prot ... /394275037

feathers

Post by feathers »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Speaking of baboon threats, from a post by Nathan the retarded pirate:
http://archive.is/xIeAj
Oh… and to respond to a comment on my post about Richard Spencer getting punched in the face…

If you’re willing to punch a Nazi in the face, you should be willing use a baseball bat. If you’re willing to use a baseball bat you should be willing to use a gun. And if you’re willing to use a gun — and remember, we’re talking about a guy standing in the street giving an interview — then go fuck yourself, you’re no friend of liberals or progressives.
Well then “Progressives” can go fuck themselves sideways into the ocean with a cactus.
You got me confused there about who said what; thought for a moment Nathan was the reasonable one. Once again, with feeling:
Nathan Hevenstone wrote:Oh… and to respond to a comment on my post about Richard Spencer getting punched in the face…
An unnamed commenter elsewhere at Nathan's blog wrote:If you’re willing to punch a Nazi in the face, you should be willing use a baseball bat. If you’re willing to use a baseball bat you should be willing to use a gun. And if you’re willing to use a gun — and remember, we’re talking about a guy standing in the street giving an interview — then go fuck yourself, you’re no friend of liberals or progressives.
Well then “Progressives” can go fuck themselves sideways into the ocean with a cactus.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

The muslim ban seems like a political victory for Trump.

Trump has been plagued with the accusation that his most rabid fans will turn on him when he fails to deliver on his big talk promises.

The rather-moderate ban... and the immoderate reaction to it... innoculate Trump against "he isnt really going to do what he said he would".

Awkward implementation, with 109 travellers being inconvenienced in-transit & a single day of fear for greencard holders... makes Trump look tough & resolute to those who resent immigrants. With low actual harm to immigrants for such high symbolic payoff.

I kind of hope Trump does some entirely-different confusing thing tomorrow... to stir the pot. Because this level of public hysteria is unsustainable. He can wear-out alarmists by trolling them with things to be alarmed-about. Maybe visit the Pulse nightclub Monday... then make noise about indicting Hillary Tueday, do a Border Patrol ride-along Wednesday, threaten tariffs against San Fransisco on Thursday...

The useless protesters are worse than the trump disease they think they cure. I agree with something a virtue-signaling internet-cartoonist posted today. He said:

"Barney Frank - the first openly gay congressman in US history - gave an interview to New York Magazine shortly after he retired. He said something that I’ve never forgotten",
I believe very strongly that people on the left are too prone to do things that are emotionally satisfying and not politically useful. I have a rule, and it’s true of Occupy, it’s true of the gay-rights movement: If you care deeply about a cause, and you are engaged in an activity on behalf of that cause that is great fun and makes you feel good and warm and enthusiastic, you’re probably not helping, because you’re out there with your friends, and political work is much tougher and harder. And I think it’s now clear that it is the disciplined political work that we’ve been able to do that’s won us victories. I am going to write about the history of the LGBT movement partly to make the point that, in America at least, this is the way you do progressive causes."