Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Old subthreads
shoutinghorse

Re: Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Post by shoutinghorse »

Be grateful you have Tucker Carlson, we have to put up with this pillock James O'Brien.

[youtube][/youtube]

Full Article.
http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/02/ja ... ust-watch/

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

InfraRedBucket wrote:Well I know those Crazy Russian kids love climbing their heights but don't they have a hacked copy of Photshop to do the scary arty fashion stuff?

https://i2.wp.com/media.boingboing.net/ ... .jpg?w=685

[youtube][/youtube]
That just gave my wife and I more thrills in bed then we've had for many a year.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Steersman wrote:
Now, I love statistics. I cite them and sort them and chart them all the time. I even wrote a whole column last month about various causes of untimely death in the U.S. But I agree with Ganesh that comparing annual deaths due to bathtubs and terrorism is a mistake. Why? Three main reasons spring to mind.

First is that terrorism is designed to, you know, sow terror. As Ganesh writes ....

Second is that ladders, stairs and bathtubs are undeniably useful. Terrorists, not so much. (I’ll get back to usefulness in a moment.)

Finally, comparing the incidence of terrorism with that of common accidents is an incompetent and irresponsible use of statistics. Household accidents are lots and lots of small, unrelated events. As a result, while individual accidents can’t be predicted, the overall risk is easy to quantify and is pretty stable from year to year. ...
I have had this argument before with many people.

I switch the scenario, in the UK, to the fact that the number of people killed as a result of a "hate crime" is incredibly small.....so therefore, we should not worry about "hate crime", and perhaps even stop a lot of lucrative funding that goes into groups, charities, lobbies, etc. that campaign against "hate crime". After all, more people die from slipping on a floor, so let's put all the funds there....

.....which results in them throwing a massive fit, and running back to mom's basement with their tail between their legs.

This is just one of a number of whataboutery and evasion techniques the regressive left employ to mitigate the problem the Islamism. Another one is the redefinition of "terrorism".

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Hunt wrote:I can think of better ways to go. The coup the grace would be a crushing bite to the neck.
One reason why it is not a good idea to turn your back on them. Apparently in India the rangers in tiger country wear hats that have fake eyes in the back as even big cats prefer to attack animals that are running away rather than facing them.
Where I live (Vancouver Island) has the highest concentration of cougars of anywhere in the world and has a significant percentage of total cougar attacks especially considering how small it is compared to the rest of North America. I have had a few run ins, twice had them scream at me before running off and one that was circling me in heavy brush before I ran it off.
One time I was checking out an area of mature second growth when i found a fairly elaborate campsite well off the road. When I checked it out, it was clearly abandoned in a hurry because there was much camping gear, including a motorcycle helmet left behind. The tarp covering and some of the gear was ripped up with claw marks that could only be a cougar. I checked around and couldn't find remains or a motorcycle but reported it as a possible missing person anyway.
A few years later I was telling a friend about the incident and found out what happened. He had been working in a motorcycle shop and a mentally impaired dude that had been a customer of theirs who had basically been living in the woods came into the shop in a highly agitated state of mind talking about a snarling monster that attacked his camp during the night, He made it to his bike and fucked off at high speed and was too scared to go back and get his gear. He left town shortly after that. At the time my friend thought he had flipped out and imagined the incident (he didn't realize the monster was a cougar).
I feel sorry for you; being so in denial.

It was obviously a b!gf00t, and your internalised skeptikleness has blinded you to that fact.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

shoutinghorse wrote:Be grateful you have Tucker Carlson, we have to put up with this pillock James O'Brien.

[youtube][/youtube]

Full Article.
http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/02/ja ... ust-watch/
Good call, he is an utter cunt, perfect BBC material actually.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

http://68.media.tumblr.com/ea439916311e ... o1_500.jpg

Disgusting! This just reinforces heteronormativity & body-shaming!

Why is the woman hanging from the man... not the other way around?!

And why must she conform to convention Western ideas of attractiveness?!

She should have a body like Lindy West!

That applies to her personality as well. Why's she gotta be a chill girl who collaborates well with patriarchy.
What about outspoken nnnnnnasty women?!

She should be literally be Lindy West, Stephanie Zvan, Greta Christina, or Trigglypuff lecturing him about how terrible he is, as he suspends-her over the abyss.

And remember-- either partner can withdraw consent at any time. Anything less would be rape culture.

Really?

Post by Really? »

I'm guessing Ali didn't write the title, but I loved the title.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/in ... da8c6daf33
How do you solve a problem like sharia?
Yassmin Abdel-Magied, an Islamic activist, has been paid by the Australian government to visit countries such as Saudi Arabia, Sudan and Qatar, it is said, “to promote Australia”. Far from offering criticism of the misogynistic sharia laws on the books in those countries, Abdel-Magied recently stated that Islam is “the most feminist” of all religions. Confronted with the abuses that are committed against women in the countries she visited, Abdel-Magied replied: “I’m not going to deny, some countries run by Muslims are violent and sexist, but that’s not down to sharia. That’s down to the culture and the patriarchy and the politics of those … countries.”

That is absurd. Abdel-Magied fits into a familiar pattern, where the government of a free society such as Australia invests a considerable sum in an individual or a group in the hope that the person is a “moderate” Muslim and will advance the assimilation of their Muslim minority through constructive engagement. Then the supposed moderate the government has invested in is exposed as a closet Islamist, in this case sympathetic to sharia law. The government is left red-faced. Others simply see red.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

PZ demonstrates again that his "admin Friday" really isn't just a long weekend.

http://i.imgur.com/r1CvhRs.jpg

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Yeah, but who told him to order a whole loaf?

This must be some of that fake news the Prez talks about :lol:

http://imgur.com/4DCP37V.jpg

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

KiwiInOz wrote:
I feel sorry for you; being so in denial.

It was obviously a b!gf00t, and your internalised skeptikleness has blinded you to that fact.
I plead guilty. Even though it had relatively small front hands with dagger sharp claws (about a 6" spread) it could have been a bigfoot with small feet and paws, otherwise known as a Pigmy Bigfoot or a Smallfoot that happened to sharpen it's nails into cat like claws.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Service Dog wrote:I watched yesterday's Trump press conference. As long as he stays lighthearted like that... he'll keep winning in popularity over the screeching opposition.

The part where he made a google-able false claim about the size of his electoral college victory... then effortlessly conceded when a reporter contlfronted him with correct numbers... is an example of how personality beats facts.
If it doesn't bother you that Trump is either lying or totally ignorant of the facts then you are an even greater moron than he is. A random used-car salesman would have made a more intelligent and more authoritative press conference than this demented ape that you call your president. And don't act as if all of Trumps opponents are shrieking SJWs. They just happen to be more intelligent than you.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Jan Steen wrote:If it doesn't bother you that Trump is either lying or totally ignorant of the facts then you are an even greater moron than he is. A random used-car salesman would have made a more intelligent and more authoritative press conference than this demented ape that you call your president. And don't act as if all of Trumps opponents are shrieking SJWs. They just happen to be more intelligent than you.
Yoinks! Naught to Triggered in under 3 seconds!

Here's a nice GIF of God emperor Trump (PBUH) to cheer you up!

http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaemb ... if?w=800&h

:popcorn:

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Jan Steen wrote:If it doesn't bother you that Trump is either lying or totally ignorant of the facts then you are an even greater moron than he is. A random used-car salesman would have made a more intelligent and more authoritative press conference than this demented ape that you call your president. And don't act as if all of Trumps opponents are shrieking SJWs. They just happen to be more intelligent than you.
Every selection of a president is a trade off for most people. They have to sucks up some negative attributes in order to get some positive attributes that they want.

For some of us, this is small potatoes. And it was amusing to see him run rings around the press.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Brive1987 wrote:PZ demonstrates again that his "admin Friday" really isn't just a long weekend.

http://i.imgur.com/BlMqo7L.png

So why didn't you, you fat little fucker? If you can't speak up in a fucking town hall meeting in Butthole, Minnesota, how the fuck dare you promote this "punch a nazi" bullshit? You poisonous little turd, Meyers. Go stab an injured christian, it's all you're good for you little blobette of spunk.

:liar: :think: :lol:

Really?

Post by Really? »

deLurch wrote:
Every selection of a president is a trade off for most people. They have to sucks up some negative attributes in order to get some positive attributes that they want.

For some of us, this is small potatoes. And it was amusing to see him run rings around the press.
I agree. The "press" has been overwhelmingly Democrat for decades and mainstream news coverage has been so for nearly as long. These are the people who couldn't cover GamerGate or ElevatorGate or Brianna Wu honestly. Now they get to deal with the King of the Trolls. Fuck 'em.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I liked his press conferences. I've never before had Whitehouse.gov on my list of favourites.

free thoughtpolice

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:PZ demonstrates again that his "admin Friday" really isn't just a long weekend.

So why didn't you, you fat little fucker? If you can't speak up in a fucking town hall meeting in Butthole, Minnesota, how the fuck dare you promote this "punch a nazi" bullshit? You poisonous little turd, Meyers. Go stab an injured christian, it's all you're good for you little blobette of spunk.

I suspect the farmers were large and burly and looked like they hung out at the gym, even though there isn't a gym in Morris.
What if they punched back? Better to bring Caine in to deal with the racist bastards.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

deLurch wrote:

It was amusing alright. If you forgot for a moment that this bullying ignoramus was the actual president of the United States.
You know what uranium is, right? This thing called nuclear weapons, like lots of things are done with uranium, including some bad things.
"Me Trump. You Maggie."

free thoughtpolice

The russian investment in american uranium mines is not a fable, however, the US government has stiff controls over it, including a ban on being able to export it. If there were any manipulation of the supply that would hurt US interests they would be legaaly able to seize control of the resource, and that is before Trump.
More provable false statements by the orangeutan.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

free thoughtpolice wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:

I suspect the farmers were large and burly and looked like they hung out at the gym, even though there isn't a gym in Morris.
What if they punched back? Better to bring Caine in to deal with the racist bastards.
Dude, this is the Midwest: crop country, not cattle. Being a crop farmer these days is more likely to mean you're a 100lb weakling with a computer degree than your traditional ruddy-faced, musclebound inbred. Program those machines to plough, sow, reap and thresh, that's it.

Apart from that: nice that you assumed those working classes would be prone to violence if a speccy professor dared to speak against them at a town hall. Proletariat scum, eh?

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Trolling can be amusing in the comments section of FTB. A trolling president of the USA belongs at best in an episode of the Simpsons. And look past the trolling, if you can. This is a guy who picked a creationist as VP, and who put anti-vaxxers, anti-education activists, climate change deniers, treasonous generals, and extreme right shit stirrers in key positions, where they can do maximum damage. As I said before: It's a mystery to me how people who consider themselves sceptics can see Trump as a positive force. Even the mildest scepticism exposes the man as an incorrigible bullshitter, liar and ignoramus.

free thoughtpolice

You don't think a 100lb. computer geek would in person wouldn't intimidate PZ? :drool:

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

I'm curious as to what would be the tipping point for Trump supporters to admit that he is a really bad choice. And how they feel about his cabinet picks, the Flynn resignation and the possibility that Trump was colluding with the Russians to sway the election.

The intelligence community is treating Trump like a rat with explosive pubic lice. That simply can't be good.

Seriously, what would it take for you to change your mind about Trump?

CaptainFluffyBunny

Jan Steen wrote:Trolling can be amusing in the comments section of FTB. A trolling president of the USA belongs at best in an episode of the Simpsons. And look past the trolling, if you can. This is a guy who picked a creationist as VP, and who put anti-vaxxers, anti-education activists, climate change deniers, treasonous generals, and extreme right shit stirrers in key positions, where they can do maximum damage. As I said before: It's a mystery to me how people who consider themselves sceptics can see Trump as a positive force. Even the mildest scepticism exposes the man as an incorrigible bullshitter, liar and ignoramus.
I've always said Trump is a fine choice if you just want to see it all burn, perhaps literally. As a man with a wife, four kids and a house I hope to pay off soon, he doesn't seem to be a good fit. Time will tell.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Jan Steen wrote:It was amusing alright. If you forgot for a moment that this bullying ignoramus was the actual president of the United States.
You know what uranium is, right? This thing called nuclear weapons, like lots of things are done with uranium, including some bad things.
"Me Trump. You Maggie."
Just out of curiosity, did you watch the full press conference? Or did you just catch snippets from various sources?

While you may be horrified by that. It might be part of his conversational charm.

https://imgoat.com/uploads/87ff679a2f/3118.jpg

ConcentratedH2O, OM

It's no wonder that Joe Public confuses weather with climate.

Sometimes even people with 40+ years as a scientist can't understand the difference.

http://i.imgur.com/pdiPDAh.png

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:I've always said Trump is a fine choice if you just want to see it all burn, perhaps literally.
I think he's gonna botched that one too.

No ones get a cookie.

CaptainFluffyBunny

pro-boxing-fan wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:I've always said Trump is a fine choice if you just want to see it all burn, perhaps literally.
I think he's gonna botched that one too.

No ones get a cookie.
But I wanted a cookie! Or a beer.

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:It's no wonder that Joe Public confuses weather with climate.

Sometimes even people with 40+ years as a scientist can't understand the difference.

http://i.imgur.com/pdiPDAh.png
Meanwhile, a town in eastern Quebec just received more than a meter of snow overnight. Ive heard that hyperbole a millions time before, never thought id see the day where it actually happen here.

I can only logically conclude that global warming is a hoax.

https://images.radio-canada.ca/w_635,h_ ... ille-3.jpg

https://images.radio-canada.ca/w_1079,h ... ille-4.jpg

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

[youtube][/youtube]

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

deLurch wrote:. And it was amusing to see him run rings around the press.
The funny thing is that he isn't running rings around the press. He's being portrayed as an idiot and an ineffectual bungler. He's publicly raging because he can't keep the unflattering details of the dysfunction in his White House under raps. He's being portrayed as a n00b who is being played by other world leaders, and he looks like a rube who doesn't understand the workings of his own government.

Here is a sample of his treatment by the media:
the politico wrote:Being president is harder than Donald Trump thought, according to aides and allies who say that he’s growing increasingly frustrated with the challenges of running the massive federal bureaucracy.

In interviews, nearly two dozen people who’ve spent time with Trump in the three weeks since his inauguration said that his mood has careened between surprise and anger as he’s faced the predictable realities of governing, from congressional delays over his Cabinet nominations and legal fights holding up his aggressive initiatives to staff infighting and leaks.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/d ... ncy-234879
David Brooks wrote:The likelihood is this: We’re going to have an administration that has morally and politically collapsed, without actually going away.

What does that look like?

First, it means an administration that is passive, full of sound and fury, but signifying nothing. To get anything done, a president depends on the vast machinery of the U.S. government. But Trump doesn’t mesh with that machinery. He is personality-based while it is rule-based. Furthermore, he’s declared war on it. And when you declare war on the establishment, it declares war on you.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/17/opin ... .html?_r=0
foreign policy wrote:The phrase bandied around after Trump’s Thursday night phone call with Chinese Communist Party Secretary Xi Jinping is “paper tiger.” James Zimmerman, the former head of the American Chamber of Commerce in China, told Reuters that Trump’s threatening to repudiate the One China Policy and then backing down “confirmed to the world that he is a paper tiger … someone that seems threatening but is wholly ineffectual and unable to stomach a challenge.” The international affairs expert Shi Yanhong told the New York Times, “Trump lost his first fight with Xi and will be looked at as a paper tiger,” while The Guardian headlined a piece about the call, “China U-turn is latest sign Trump may turn out to be a paper tiger.” (Mainland Chinese media has, generally speaking, taken a gracious — one might even say victorious — attitude towards the phone call.)
http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/02/10/is- ... na-policy/

The morons who backed Trump want to portray him as some kind of troll who does stupid things to piss the left off, and uses unconventional tactics to control his opponents, but the reality of his "trolling" is closer to the later frames of this comic:

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/The_ea768d_1615076.jpg

He's already a laughing stock only a few weeks into his presidency, and that'll only get worse, but have fun with your silly narratives about how he is totally pwning the press. You'll still look like a jackass, but maybe it helps you feel better.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:I'm curious as to what would be the tipping point for Trump supporters to admit that he is a really bad choice. And how they feel about his cabinet picks, the Flynn resignation and the possibility that Trump was colluding with the Russians to sway the election.
I think my tipping points are:
1. He starts to play identity politics games. Like, respect X because they are an X, a la late stage Hillary.
2. He decides he's okay with Islamic shit like Sharia Law, etc.
3. He promotes violence to get things done - e.g. violent protests to censor someone.
4. He independently and not as a result of aggression from another place starts a brand new war.

That's probably it.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Bhurzum wrote:
Yoinks! Naught to Triggered in under 3 seconds!

Here's a nice GIF of God emperor Trump (PBUH) to cheer you up!

http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaemb ... if?w=800&h

:popcorn:
https://i.imgflip.com/11d2zs.jpg

CaptainFluffyBunny

rayshul wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:I'm curious as to what would be the tipping point for Trump supporters to admit that he is a really bad choice. And how they feel about his cabinet picks, the Flynn resignation and the possibility that Trump was colluding with the Russians to sway the election.
1. He starts to play identity politics games. Like, respect X because they are an X, a la late stage Hillary.
3. He promotes violence to get things done - e.g. violent protests to censor someone.
4. He independently and not as a result of aggression from another place starts a brand new war.

That's probably it.
No devastating trade war with Australia? I know the PM lives him...

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

I see Tony Blair is doing the reliable cunt stuff - he SO wants to be the pres of the EU, but Brexit is fucking that. /me happy.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Watching that video, Milo and Bill should just get a fucking room and blow each other.
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
rayshul wrote:

That's probably it.
No devastating trade war with Australia? I know the PM lives him...
I can't talk about that sort of stuff, but no. I think it'd be a good test of Turnbull's character.

I did dislike him more for being in the same room as the Canadian PM so I guess that can be number 5.

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

Bhurzum wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
Milo is clearly not used to a tv settings or a live audience and the gay persona was pushed a little too far but not bad overall.

At least he took it on the chin when maher said:
"the fact that they all [unintelligible] about this little impish British fag"

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

free thoughtpolice wrote: I suspect the farmers were large and burly and looked like they hung out at the gym, even though there isn't a gym in Morris.
There are 3 gyms in Morris, according to Google Earth. That's a lot for such a small town. Everyone there must be buff as shit.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Thanks!

Old_ones:

Yes, I agree that Trump looks like an idiot. He's saying idiot things. The problem is that those who voted for him and those who are annoyed with the biased mainstream press are not reading those very valuable NY Times links and the like that you include. They see a guy who is being harangued by biased liberal Hillary supporters (true) into ending his clear and immediate pursuit of the policies that got him into office. Maybe the mainstream liberal media should have lied for so long.

As it stands, liberals or whatever you want to call them lost the Congress, lost the Presidency, lost the Supreme Court, lost governorships, lost state houses, but hey, they have that Tiny Trump Twitter feed. Resist! Pussyhat! Leave your sign on the sidewalk! Someone from the patriarchy who is getting paid so little he can't afford a plane ticket from Colorado to Washington just to protest for a day will pick it up.
Lsuoma wrote:I see Tony Blair is doing the reliable cunt stuff - he SO wants to be the pres of the EU, but Brexit is fucking that. /me happy.
Speaking of which, when will the architects of Iraq go away?

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

The problem is that those who voted for him and those who are annoyed with the biased mainstream press are not reading those very valuable NY Times links and the like that you include.
Just an FYI, the guy I quoted at the NY times is David Brooks, who was a vocal advocate of George W Bush back in the day. He is one of the conservative editorialists (along with Bill Kristol and Will Safire) who the Times has included in order to seem more balanced. PZ Myers once reviewed his book, and gave it a verdict that was scathingly negative.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Also, you know what. On the tipping point thing... I'd switch sides for a good alternative.

In fact it's less about what Trump does and more about what the left does.

Right now I'm down with Trump, he's good on the things I prioritise right now and I can overlook the shit things.

Give me a left without identity politics that's down on Islam, anti-globalist and into investing in industry. Freezepeach obvs. And yeah, I'm fucking right into that shit. I wasn't always right wing, I went that way because the left has consistently failed to tackle Islam and has destroyed itself with identity politics. I'm real open to change.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Uh oh.

[youtube][/youtube]

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

Really? wrote:
Thanks!

Old_ones:

Yes, I agree that Trump looks like an idiot. He's saying idiot things. The problem is that those who voted for him and those who are annoyed with the biased mainstream press are not reading those very valuable NY Times links and the like that you include. They see a guy who is being harangued by biased liberal Hillary supporters (true) into ending his clear and immediate pursuit of the policies that got him into office. Maybe the mainstream liberal media should have lied for so long.

As it stands, liberals or whatever you want to call them lost the Congress, lost the Presidency, lost the Supreme Court, lost governorships, lost state houses, but hey, they have that Tiny Trump Twitter feed. Resist! Pussyhat! Leave your sign on the sidewalk! Someone from the patriarchy who is getting paid so little he can't afford a plane ticket from Colorado to Washington just to protest for a day will pick it up.
Lsuoma wrote:I see Tony Blair is doing the reliable cunt stuff - he SO wants to be the pres of the EU, but Brexit is fucking that. /me happy.
Speaking of which, when will the architects of Iraq go away?
Thanks for some sanity.
The Mainstream press - of which the Washington Post and the New York Times are the prime print examples - no longer commands the belief or respect it did even a few years ago.
They proved they couldn't cover Trump objectively before the election was even conducted; they've done nothing but double down since.
Old Ones and the like are extremely blinkered about this: apparently 'anonymous sources' in the NY Times or the Washington Post still means something to them other than what it does to me and to an increasing number of people who are by no means 'alt-right' - where's the spin?

Heres' some of the problem in a nutshell:

https://ethicsalarms.com/2017/02/17/an- ... gton-post/

Oh, and this: https://ethicsalarms.com/2017/02/16/the ... -behaving/

And this is a guy who wrote a post before the election about how voting for Hillary was more ethical than voting for Trump -though he said they were both horrible and unethical choices sort of like Bubonic Plague vs Typhus.

Meanwhile as one of the leading NeoCons states in a video that he'd rather live under the permanent government or "Deep State" than Trump (ie prefers authoritarian rule by DC Elites to the Constitution) :
https://www.democracynow.org/2017/2/16/ ... p_state_to

Other Neocons are not remaining on the Reservation and don't think the evidence contra Trump and concerning Russia is particularly all that persuasive yet:
http://neoneocon.com/2017/02/15/where-i ... l-heading/

Anyway, the "mainstream press" (including my home paper, the Baltimore Sun which has been corrupted by "progressive" causes and has kissed Democratic butt in this state for longer than I've been born, and I'm 45) is now basically dead to me. I still read them - though nowhere near as much as I used to -, but when it comes to most anything important (including and ESP Trump) I have to double and triple check them. These are, after all the assholes who don't do basic reporting or factchecking when it comes to allegations of sexual assault, allegations of racism or misogyny, who gave Obama basically 8 years to destroy the Constitution in many ways with nary a peep, who call Milo a Neonazi or a White Nationalist and etc. Screw them, and anybody who thinks they are "The Final Word" on anything.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Clarence wrote:
Anyway, the "mainstream press" (including my home paper, the Baltimore Sun which has been corrupted by "progressive" causes and has kissed Democratic butt in this state for longer than I've been born, and I'm 45) is now basically dead to me. I still read them - though nowhere near as much as I used to -, but when it comes to most anything important (including and ESP Trump) I have to double and triple check them. These are, after all the assholes who don't do basic reporting or factchecking when it comes to allegations of sexual assault, allegations of racism or misogyny, who gave Obama basically 8 years to destroy the Constitution in many ways with nary a peep, who call Milo a Neonazi or a White Nationalist and etc. Screw them, and anybody who thinks they are "The Final Word" on anything.
I got pissed (more pissed) when I saw those CNN headlines that said

RUSSIANS RIGGED 2016 AMERICAN ELECTION

And then you click the link and read the article and it says,

intelligencesourcehavenoconfirmation

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Jan Steen wrote:
Service Dog wrote:I watched yesterday's Trump press conference. As long as he stays lighthearted like that... he'll keep winning in popularity over the screeching opposition.

The part where he made a google-able false claim about the size of his electoral college victory... then effortlessly conceded when a reporter contlfronted him with correct numbers... is an example of how personality beats facts.
If it doesn't bother you that Trump is either lying or totally ignorant of the facts then you are an even greater moron than he is. A random used-car salesman would have made a more intelligent and more authoritative press conference than this demented ape that you call your president. And don't act as if all of Trumps opponents are shrieking SJWs. They just happen to be more intelligent than you.
If a doctor looks at your x-ray and tells you the cancer spots on your lungs are outpacing the chemo treatment's effectiveness, dont accuse him of taking the cancer's side.

And if you insist on continuing to smoke, & blow smoke in his face, dont be surprised or outraged when he does start cheering for the cancer & laugh when the spots happen to form a smiley face shape.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

While in Florida, my favorite section of the newspapers was always the comics. Garfield, Marmaduke, Grimmy...

Is that still a thing?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Service Dog wrote:
If a doctor looks at your x-ray and tells you the cancer spots on your lungs are outpacing the chemo treatment's effectiveness, dont accuse him of taking the cancer's side.

And if you insist on continuing to smoke, & blow smoke in his face, dont be surprised or outraged when he does start cheering for the cancer & laugh when the spots happen to form a smiley face shape.
Last time I went for a physical, my doctor said I have to stop masturbating. I asked "why?", and he answered "because I'm trying to give you a physical".

I think I've stolen this joke from here.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

rayshul wrote:Also, you know what. On the tipping point thing... I'd switch sides for a good alternative.

Right now I'm down with Trump, he's good on the things I prioritise right now and I can overlook the shit things.

Give me a left without identity politics that's down on Islam, anti-globalist and into investing in industry. Freezepeach obvs. And yeah, I'm fucking right into that shit. I wasn't always right wing, I went that way because the left has consistently failed to tackle Islam and has destroyed itself with identity politics. I'm real open to change.
Blah blah blah identity politics blah blah blah.

Be right wing if you want, but eventually anti-sjws have to come to terms with the fact that electing a malignant narcissist with no public service experience to the most powerful office in the world isn't a constructive response to identity politics.

Trump isn't going to do anything constructive, but the most important constructive thing that he isn't going to do is hinder identity politics. The identity politics of the left is gaining strength because of his Muslim ban and his "grab 'em by the pussy" comments. They'll come back stronger than ever, and Trump will just be a discredit to the opposition.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Last time I went for a physical, my doctor said I have to stop masturbating. I asked "why?", and he answered "because I'm trying to give you a physical".

I think I've stolen this joke from here.
My fave smutty joke (which I may have already posted here):

I had an amazing wank over my ex-girlfriend last night; I know it's wrong but she's a heavy sleeper and I still have the spare keys to her apartment.

:rimshot:

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

There's one of my favorites (featured here before)

Best pickup line ever: "Here, does this rag smell like chloroform?"

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

Really? wrote:
Clarence wrote:
I got pissed (more pissed) when I saw those CNN headlines that said

RUSSIANS RIGGED 2016 AMERICAN ELECTION

And then you click the link and read the article and it says,

intelligencesourcehavenoconfirmation

Ain't that the truth?
It's one screaming ridiculous headline after an another. Almost never backed up by anything concrete, and sometimes downright contradicted by other evidence.

Remember , I said Trump wasn't going to be able to be some sort of Dictator even if he wanted to - too much built up opposition before he even took Office. And for the most part, I've been right - shit, some Democrats are already making "Impeachment" noises and the guy hasn't even got his cabinet in place yet and its nearly March! You'd think we'd just started the Cold War and Stalin had occupied Berlin the way the press breathlessly reports on any contact no matter how small (or normal, HC's Administration to Be also had Russian contacts prior to the election being conducted) with the Russians, relying on parts of the NSA and possibly CIA who want to get rid of Trump. Notice how there has been no real reform of how the NSA collects or stores all that information about us American citizens? A Whistle Blower protection law (internal) is desperately needed and possibly more external oversight as well. But no, apparently Donald Trump - a man who had papparazi almost before papparazi was a thing is apparently Deep Russian Mole because he doesn't want to start World War 3 with Russia and actually thinks fighting ISIL with them in Syria is a good idea!

However, there IS a danger now: should Trump survive the smears (thats what I think they are) by the Deep State actors, should he get his cabinet, start actually enacting policies and consolidating his power - well, the "Mainstream Press" will have rendered themselves toothless among too many Americans to be any kind of real check. In a way that's fair: they didn't check Obama after all. But without a TRUSTWORTHY press to act as a check on Congress and the Executive branch, the chances of what is left of the Republic becoming a Dictatorship or falling apart are increased.

My prediction: They aren't going to get an impeachment, Trump is going to win the "Intelligence War", and the Press are mostly going to be rendered toothless (I may feel they deserve it but its still a bad thing) as the country splits even along its information sources. What happens after that, is anyone's guess but I don't think the long term implications are good.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

The intelligence community is treating Trump like a rat with explosive pubic lice. That simply can't be good.

Seriously, what would it take for you to change your mind about Trump?
I dont believe those who oppose Trump are a better alternative. Watch any random hour of the Women's March... & it will be more-insane than Trump's press conference.

Socialism is only as good as the people implementing it.

Trump's dismantling of a defective system doesnt require him to be smarter than his opponents, or right in his reasoning, to be effective.

He could trim-away too much. I havent seen him come anywhere close, yet.

I havent seen convincing evidence Trump is lining his own pockets. Giuliani is an unrepentant kleptomaniac, tho. So his involvement worries me.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

My Prediction: Trump strokes out because he can't handle the disapproval he's getting from the "fake news", and it turns out that his blood pressure is a little higher than that statement he got from the random gastroenterologist with long hair would suggest.

http://media3.s-nbcnews.com/j/newscms/2 ... 0-1000.jpg

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Old_ones wrote:
rayshul wrote:Also, you know what. On the tipping point thing... I'd switch sides for a good alternative.

Blah blah blah identity politics blah blah blah.

Be right wing if you want, but eventually anti-sjws have to come to terms with the fact that electing a malignant narcissist with no public service experience to the most powerful office in the world isn't a constructive response to identity politics.

Trump isn't going to do anything constructive, but the most important constructive thing that he isn't going to do is hinder identity politics. The identity politics of the left is gaining strength because of his Muslim ban and his "grab 'em by the pussy" comments. They'll come back stronger than ever, and Trump will just be a discredit to the opposition.
Let's see, shall we? :D The world's lookin' pretty great to me.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

On Milo-Maher,
Part 1: Notice he ragged on gays not showing up to work, but when he pulled the same gag on women, the audience got all booey.
Part 2: I concur with Maher, that Milo made an error by calling his discussion partners idiots. Milo did not pull that part off well.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Old_ones wrote:Be right wing if you want, but eventually anti-sjws have to come to terms with the fact that electing a malignant narcissist with no public service experience to the most powerful office in the world isn't a constructive response to identity politics.

You may not think he is effective against identity politics, but he does appear to be effective against illegal immigrants. He is the first politician of either party in recent memory to take illegal immigration seriously. Sure the wall is probably going to be shit. But if you don't deport those in the country illegally & doing other criminal acts, nothing will matter.

Want more immigrants & Mexicans & Hispanics? Great. Lobby for increased legal immigration, less paperwork, shorter wait times etc. This below-minimum-wage, effectively slave labor since they can't complain bullshit has got to go.

OK. Back to the identity politics thing. Maybe Trump is effective.

What we see over and over again with the SJWs is that when you call them on their bullshit, and stand up to them, they crumple and fall away. It shows they have no power. People are watching the SJWs go into overdrive.

They have gone into such over-drive, they have abused the nazi slander so much, that a major youtuber just did an extremely lame "Death to All Jews" comedy bit, and a solid chunk of the public is standing up saying they don't give a shit. The news media went nuts. But the people who don't follow old media as their only source is calling BS.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Trump is a terribile president.

The only advantage he has is that there is a consistently irrational part of his opposition which is not satisified with pointing out how terribile che is on some specific issues and HAS to argue that he's a nazi and everyone who supports him is a nazi and deserves to ne punched.

If the left stopped exaggerating the flaws of a guy who has so many real issues they'd easily convince a significant part of the US electorate that he's unfit for the office of president.

But no. They have to scream about how much he's literally Hitler.

Eventi the allegations about Russian involvement are marred by the "golden shower" stupidity. There are some suspicious dealings going on but larve parte of the left, instead of asking for an investigation (which is warranted) screams "Russian puppet!" or "kompromat!"

This is exactly of the Italian left behaved with Silvio Berlusconi. The guy was under suspicion of many shady dealings and said lots of idiotic things, but this wasn't enough, he had to be the devil or the new Hitler.

Berlusconi became Prime Minister three times and he's still in politics.

I sede a lot of clever, well informed, non-ideological people who provvide eccellente and well-documented criticism of the Trump administration.

Sadly their voice risks to be lost among those of the idiots who cheer about punching nazis or telling white men to shut up.

The SJWs are being Trump's best allies. The sane left needs to explicitly tale that rotting albatross off their necks. Sadky, though, Trump's stupidity his also the SJWs' best source of irrational outrage.

This is a vicious spiral of escalating insanity. The saner folk need to break out of it.

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

Milo/Maher - amusing. Maher handled it well, telling liberals to stop taking the bait and pointing out his humour was no more cruel than Joan Rivers. But Milo got a few laughs and made a few points the audience responded to. He was out of his depth on the panel discussion bit though - clearly not used to being talked back to.

Trump. I've been saying for a while that although Trump is not a fascist, and the people who accuse him of being one are hysterically overreacting, he is a colossal twat who doesn't have a clue what he's doing. A Democratic Party that had its act together would make mincemeat out of him in four years time, but they're showing so little sign of getting their act together it's hilarious (and depressing).