Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Old subthreads
InfraRedBucket

Re: Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Spike13 wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Old_ones wrote:Public service announcement: don't cut chili peppers and then jerk off without washing your hands.
In related news ...

He died surrounded by those he loved....
Some cried for his loss, but there were no tissues left for their tears.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

DrokkIt wrote:
John D wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:Looks like they are going to try again. :think:
I lost two hours of my life last time I listened to these two. I will not try again. haha.

To be fair, I was listening while cleaning the basement... so it was not entirely lost time.
Could be interesting if they put the specific faith-based problem to one side.
Sam Harris: "Ok Jordan, lets start afresh. If you had to choose. Who's hotter? Blair White or Theryn Meyer?"

-

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Those pesky students, they do like to stir it up.
Jordan Peterson, Milo Yiannopoulos backed to become University of Glasgow rector despite clashing with gender policy
A University of Toronto professor known for his controversial views against genderless pronouns will face off against far-right provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos and others in a race to become the next rector at Scotland’s largest university.

A group of 10 students at the University of Glasgow nominated Jordan Peterson to replace Edward Snowden as the school’s rector in an election to take place among students on March 20-21. As rector, Peterson, Yiannopoulos or one of the 10 other candidates put forward by students would be responsible for representing the student population and bringing their issues to the school’s management in a role that dates to the 17th century.

The clinical psychology professor insists he can represent the entire student population — including the university’s LGBTQ community — despite his refusal to acknowledge his students by pronouns preferred by the trans community.
If elected rector, the personal views of the two candidates would clash with the university’s equality and diversity policy, which states a “trans person should be referred to by their preferred name and pronoun.” The university also provides students with gender-neutral washrooms and safe spaces.
The role would require Peterson to attend five bimonthly meetings with the university’s governing body, two half-day briefings and one day to discuss school strategy.

Peterson has no ties to Glasgow or its university but admits he’s excited about the prospect of a “ridiculously interesting” adventure. His nomination, Peterson said, suggests his ideas have reached the U.K.
http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canad ... r-policies

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Those pesky students, they do like to stir it up.
Jordan Peterson, Milo Yiannopoulos backed to become University of Glasgow rector despite clashing with gender policy
A University of Toronto professor known for his controversial views against genderless pronouns will face off against far-right provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos and others in a race to become the next rector at Scotland’s largest university.

A group of 10 students at the University of Glasgow nominated Jordan Peterson to replace Edward Snowden as the school’s rector in an election to take place among students on March 20-21. As rector, Peterson, Yiannopoulos or one of the 10 other candidates put forward by students would be responsible for representing the student population and bringing their issues to the school’s management in a role that dates to the 17th century.

The clinical psychology professor insists he can represent the entire student population — including the university’s LGBTQ community — despite his refusal to acknowledge his students by pronouns preferred by the trans community.
If elected rector, the personal views of the two candidates would clash with the university’s equality and diversity policy, which states a “trans person should be referred to by their preferred name and pronoun.” The university also provides students with gender-neutral washrooms and safe spaces.
The role would require Peterson to attend five bimonthly meetings with the university’s governing body, two half-day briefings and one day to discuss school strategy.

Peterson has no ties to Glasgow or its university but admits he’s excited about the prospect of a “ridiculously interesting” adventure. His nomination, Peterson said, suggests his ideas have reached the U.K.
http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canad ... r-policies

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

OOps! double post

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Just I case you missed the other signals:

"Hey Adam - I have someone I identify as a a "boyfriend" to be my tech gopher and drunk fuck-toy"

http://i.imgur.com/XJTvWfb.jpg

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

John D wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:Looks like they are going to try again. :think:
I lost two hours of my life last time I listened to these two. I will not try again. haha.

To be fair, I was listening while cleaning the basement... so it was not entirely lost time.
It will be a conversation between two people who both purchase ink by the barrel.

I'm not sure who will be able to bloviate better, and cannot work up enough enthusiasm to find out.

Sam seems unlikely to have his mind changed about anything - and I'm not sure if there is much new Professor Peterson can add to the conversation at this point.

Oh well - more power to them, I suppose.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

John D wrote:

To be fair, I was listening while cleaning the basement...
nb with a high fibre diet and plenty of liquids - such extreme measures are not really necessary.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Brive1987 wrote:Just I case you missed the other signals:

"Hey Adam - I have someone I identify as a a "boyfriend" to be my tech gopher and drunk fuck-toy"

http://i.imgur.com/XJTvWfb.jpg
Having just been asked to investigate why my e-mails have not turned up on my significant other's computer, and found that she had deleted the mail account to which they had been sent, I have some sympathy for 'tech gophers' even if they choose to drunk-fuck the wrong people. After all, I chose when I was stone-cold sober.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

EMMA Watson has fired back at critics who suggested she was a “fake feminist” and “hypocrite” after posing in a see-through top for this month’s Vanity Fair magazine.

The 26-year-old actress wore a cleavage-baring bolero in an artistic image by British fashion photographer Tim Walker for the cover story.

“Feminism is about giving women choice. Feminism is not a stick with which to beat other women with. It’s about freedom, it’s about liberation, it’s about equality. I really don’t know what my tits have to do with it,” she said in a fiery BBC interview.

It’s very confusing. I’m confused. Most people are confused. I’m always just kind of quietly stunned (by such reactions).”

Feminism: "It’s very confusing"

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

screwtape wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Just I case you missed the other signals:

[.img]http://i.imgur.com/XJTvWfb.jpg[/img]
Having just been asked to investigate why my e-mails have not turned up on my significant other's computer, and found that she had deleted the mail account to which they had been sent, I have some sympathy for 'tech gophers' even if they choose to drunk-fuck the wrong people. After all, I chose when I was stone-cold sober.
My wife has failed to master a weebly template site and finds the journey of files from attachment to open file to saved file to "needing to find where I put it" file a personal insult.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Sam Harris: "Ok Jordan, lets start afresh. If you had to choose. Who's hotter? Blair White or Theryn Meyer?"

-
I'd do say Blaire White.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote:
EMMA Watson has fired back at critics who suggested she was a “fake feminist” and “hypocrite” after posing in a see-through top for this month’s Vanity Fair magazine.

The 26-year-old actress wore a cleavage-baring bolero in an artistic image by British fashion photographer Tim Walker for the cover story.

“Feminism is about giving women choice. Feminism is not a stick with which to beat other women with. It’s about freedom, it’s about liberation, it’s about equality. I really don’t know what my tits have to do with it,” she said in a fiery BBC interview.

It’s very confusing. I’m confused. Most people are confused. I’m always just kind of quietly stunned (by such reactions).”
Feminism: "It’s very confusing"
The problem here is that Watson has confused the collectivist aim of feminism with the protection of women's individual rights. She believes that feminism is about giving women more individual rights, when actually it's about a minority of women telling men and women what to do.

Watson is an actress: being glamorous, attractive and posing for the camera is part of her trade. She really doesn't get why other feminists would find the exposure of her body a problem. After all, she reasons, I'm a strong independent woman choosing to monetize my femininity, so what's wrong with that?

She likely hasn't read or even heard anything about "male gaze", "objectification" or other sex-negative feminist tropes.

dogen

Post by dogen »

DrokkIt wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote:

-
I'd do say Blaire White.
I'd say do Blaire White too. Even though I'm hetero, attractiveness doesn't necessarily preclude a dick.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

DrokkIt wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote:

-
I'd do say Blaire White.
Given that I refer to Blaire White as "she," am I allowed to ask what options one has when "doing" her?

For a friend, of course.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
DrokkIt wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote:

-
I'd do say Blaire White.
Given that I refer to Blaire White as "she," am I allowed to ask what options one has when "doing" her?

For a friend, of course.

Basically, a cock is going up an arsehole. Each of us must make choice about which way around it's going to be.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Having sex with a female dick is really just a bilateral m-m-f

dogen

Post by dogen »

DrokkIt wrote:
DrokkIt wrote:
I'd do say Blaire White.

For a friend, of course.

Basically, a cock is going up an arsehole. Each of us must make choice about which way around it's going to be.
What about bagpiping?

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

DrokkIt wrote:
DrokkIt wrote: I'd do say Blaire White.

For a friend, of course.

Ohhh shit, i get it now. That's why some trans refer to sex as rock, paper, scissors. I might have dodge a bullet.

Im making shit up

Really?

Post by Really? »

The March for Science is going to be pretty awesome.
The so-called March for Science is a social justice movement planning a major demonstration next month to oppose President Trump’s policies on science and the environment. Its promoters have courted the progressive crowd, and now they’re reaping the consequences. Namely, they recently came under fire for using the word “female.”

In late February, the organizers tweeted out a question: “Are you a female who thought about doing engineering but decided against it? Why? What can the science community do better? #ScienceMarch”

This seemingly innocuous tweet was intended to ask supporters—especially young women—why they were supporting the March, soliciting suggestions to address gender inequality within STEM fields.

With their penchant to be readily outraged, progressives following the account completely missed the point and took it to task for using the word “female.”
https://heatst.com/culture-wars/anti-tr ... n-females/

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Watson is an actress: being glamorous, attractive and posing for the camera is part of her trade. She really doesn't get why other feminists would find the exposure of her body a problem. After all, she reasons, I'm a strong independent woman choosing to monetize my femininity, so what's wrong with that?

She likely hasn't read or even heard anything about "male gaze", "objectification" or other sex-negative feminist tropes.
When she matures in her feminism (stops getting as much male approval as she gets older) she will no doubt understand how evil all that is and understand how badly she is being victimized. At least that seems to be how it happened for Becky Watson.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Really? wrote:The March for Science is going to be pretty awesome.
The so-called March for Science is a social justice movement planning a major demonstration next month to oppose President Trump’s policies on science and the environment. Its promoters have courted the progressive crowd, and now they’re reaping the consequences. Namely, they recently came under fire for using the word “female.”

In late February, the organizers tweeted out a question: “Are you a female who thought about doing engineering but decided against it? Why? What can the science community do better? #ScienceMarch”

This seemingly innocuous tweet was intended to ask supporters—especially young women—why they were supporting the March, soliciting suggestions to address gender inequality within STEM fields.

With their penchant to be readily outraged, progressives following the account completely missed the point and took it to task for using the word “female.”
Purity tests. Only purity tests. Nothing else: no policies, no ideas, no concrete plans. Only purity tests.

What a waste of time and effort.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

dogen wrote:
What about bagpiping?

With a bit of creativity you could get a duo going...

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Kirbmarc wrote:

When she matures in her feminism (stops getting as much male approval as she gets older) she will no doubt understand how evil all that is and understand how badly she is being victimized. At least that seems to be how it happened for Becky Watson.
Thought to be fair Emma Watson is genuinely very beautiful, and if she keeps in shape could be beautiful even as she gets older. Rebecca Watson was only slightly cuter than average at best even in her prime: not ugly, but never a stunner. True, she's not an actress, but even in the skeptic/atheist "movement" Cristina Rad and Cara Santa Maria were and are more classically beautiful than her.

Even setting aside concerns about appearance I've never really understood Watson's popularity. She's not a science expert. She hasn't written any important philosophy books on skepticism, atheism or even feminism. She hasn't done anything incredibly important. She's just a radio host-blogger-vlogger, and not a spectacular one at that: she's all snark and no beef. She's not even very good at interviewing people.

Her fame seem to be closely tied to the ElevatorGate and Dear Muslima. Even her wikipedia article has far more content about ElevatorGate than about anything else she's done.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

I had never heard of Rebecca Watson before Elevatorgate and Abby's posts on ERV.

I somehow feel I should have read something else that fateful day.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Kirbmarc wrote:

It's true so much of this enmity is driven by simple jealousy, the perpetual butthurt of the ugly and unattractive against the gorgeous. Watson (Emma, that is) is world-class gorgeous and sexy. She's got very little to begrudge men who vicariously gaze upon her. On the male side of things it's more the jealous hate the sexually timid have against the adventurous. You can't tell me one of the major motivation of Myer's pogrom against Shermer (outside any consideration of lawfulness) was that Shermer was getting some while Myers was probably choking his sweaty chicken at the very same convention. Things like that eat the brains of people like PZ.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Kirbmarc wrote: Even setting aside concerns about appearance I've never really understood Watson's popularity.
She has a certain amount of poise, but more importantly, she regards those she considers less than her with dismissive disdain. The sad human trait is that there are a lot of people who find that fascinating and enthralling. Unfortunately for every Dracula there is a clutch of low self esteem Renfields ready to eat flies.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Hunt wrote: When she matures in her feminism (stops getting as much male approval as she gets older) she will no doubt understand how evil all that is and understand how badly she is being victimized. At least that seems to be how it happened for Becky Watson.
It's true so much of this enmity is driven by simple jealousy, the perpetual butthurt of the ugly and unattractive against the gorgeous. Watson (Emma, that is) is world-class gorgeous and sexy. She's got very little to begrudge men who vicariously gaze upon her. On the male side of things it's more the jealous hate the sexually timid have against the adventurous. You can't tell me one of the major motivation of Myer's pogrom against Shermer (outside any consideration of lawfulness) was that Shermer was getting some while Myers was probably choking his sweaty chicken at the very same convention. Things like that eat the brains of people like PZ.[/quote]

It's likely true in the case of Emma Watson. Maybe true in the case of PZ and Shermer, although I'm not so sure, since Dicky Carrier also ganged up on Shermer and he's not sexually timid. I think that moral outrage and the desire to feel morally better than a known shitlord played a bigger role.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Spike13 wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
gurugeorge wrote:Wow, potentially hugely damaging either for Obama or for Trump (if he can't back this up). Trump claims Obama wiretapped Trump Tower during the election.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2 ... ection.php
Not so long ago the prez making serious unsubstantiated allegations by social media would have been enough to render him unfit for office in the eyes of all but the most diehard fans. The debasement of the presidency is almost complete.
Yes of course, the sky has fallen.

its not as if Johnson held meeting in the bathroom while he was shitting or openly "skinny dipping in the White House pool.

Nixon, well,..being Nixon

Clintons foul leavings in the Oval Office and on his intern/humidor.

Tweeting is sooo much worse.
Absolutely it is. I think it's well understood that what goes on behind the scenes is not going to match the public facade. Blurting out your every brainfart on social media is something else.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Hunt wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: Even setting aside concerns about appearance I've never really understood Watson's popularity.
She has a certain amount of poise, but more importantly, she regards those she considers less than her with dismissive disdain. The sad human trait is that there are a lot of people who find that fascinating and enthralling. Unfortunately for every Dracula there is a clutch of low self esteem Renfields ready to eat flies.
I get the appeal of wit and clever put downs. Hitchens was great at making his rivals look like idiots when he debated them. But admiring someone just for being snooty and superior is pathological, IMHO. Even in the Dracula book Renfield was a basket case. Did Rebecca Watson attract the basket cases in the atheism and skepticism? Judging from some of her fan, like Bjarte Forshaug, it seems likely.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Brive1987 wrote:

For reference purposes:

https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/20 ... &strip=all

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Damwn! Watson (Emma) does absolutely nothing for me. I find her, to be frank, unattractive. Personal tastes and all that.

And in that pic she looks like Joachim Phoenix with boobs. Not something I'd want to wank to.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Important journalism:
How The "Cash Me Ousside" Teen Defies Expectations For White Girls
...Danielle Bregoli and her “cash me ousside” meme is less about the simplicity of a funny inside joke; Instead, it reminds us of how white girls who refuse to fit their narrowly prescribed narratives are used for humiliating entertainment. Televised embarrassment isn’t new, but now there are figures like Dr. Phil to bring them onstage under the guise of rehabilitation and change. And who is more deserving of a redemptive narrative than a white girl who’s merely lost her way?
https://www.buzzfeed.com/scaachikoul/ho ... or-white-g

In case you don't know who she is:

[youtube][/youtube]

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

dogen wrote:
What about bagpiping?
That question made me feel uilleann side.

dogen

Post by dogen »

Really? wrote:The March for Science is going to be pretty awesome.

Ah yes, Sondy. A proud member of the SJW branch of astronomy.

Guest_440911e7

Post by Guest_440911e7 »

I assumed "Danielle" "cash me ousside" on Dr Phil was "Victoria" ("Maury, I'm 15 and I've slept with men over 300 times I'm GONNA have a baby and dress it in brand names, and if I can't support it then I guess I'm gonna sell it") from Maury but it's 10 years later.

youtube dot com/watch?v=KRdJ49ItMnc

Pretty much the same script through, does that make this a sequel, reboot or a remake?

Re: Danielle:
In her affected accent — one that she said she got “from the streets” — she called the (largely female) audience “hos” and told them to “catch me outside, how ’bout that?” Though, of course, her enunciation made it sound like “cash me ousside, howbow dah?”
I wonder how hard it was for Scaachi Koul to decide between the two obvious articles:

+ we must stop slut shaming this girl
+ we must stop this girl cultural appropriating "street culture"

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

InfraRedBucket wrote: Sam Harris: "Ok Jordan, lets start afresh. If you had to choose. Who's hotter? Blair White or Theryn Meyer?"

-
Choices. Orifices. Choices.

Life is hard.

Guest_440911e7

Post by Guest_440911e7 »

From 2009
10 Sluttiest Girls on Maury Povich

youtube dot com/watch?v=8pv4aYUFBh8

free thoughtpolice

[youtube][/youtube]

free thoughtpolice

[youtube][/youtube]

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Continuing the Watson debate, the question has to be asked .. which one would be the dirtiest in the sack, Emma or Rebecca?

http://i.imgur.com/KGyvZ7p.png

http://i.imgur.com/uJwL94o.png

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

screwtape wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote: Sam Harris: "Ok Jordan, lets start afresh. If you had to choose. Who's hotter? Blair White or Theryn Meyer?"

-
Choices. Orifices. Choices.

Life is hard.
Indeed it is. But speaking of Blaire and, in a somewhat different context, racism, an amusing shot by Blaire at Rachel Dolezal:

free thoughtpolice

shoutinghorse wrote:Continuing the Watson debate, the question has to be asked .. which one would be the dirtiest in the sack, Emma or Rebecca?

That's a loaded question. Do you mean laundry bills or lawyer bills?

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

shoutinghorse wrote:Continuing the Watson debate, the question has to be asked .. which one would be the dirtiest in the sack, Emma or Rebecca?

I must admit, although Emma is classically beautiful, she leaves me cold sexually. She gives off the sense of being a prissy middle-class madam, and I doubt her behaviour in bed would contradict that impression.

Rebecca on the other hand ... well, to be fair, she's not totally ugly, she's sort of passable in the looks department, but more importantly, one gets the sense that she'd be quite a goer in the sack. She's a nutty SJW, but on the other hand, she has a mischievous twinkle that's essential, IMHO, for bedular purposes.

Guest_440911e7

Post by Guest_440911e7 »

who wore it better, gozer or emma?

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Damwn! Watson (Emma) does absolutely nothing for me. I find her, to be frank, unattractive. Personal tastes and all that.

And in that pic she looks like Joachim Phoenix with boobs. Not something I'd want to wank to.
Completely agree.

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

Really? wrote:Important journalism:
How The "Cash Me Ousside" Teen Defies Expectations For White Girls
...Danielle Bregoli and her “cash me ousside” meme is less about the simplicity of a funny inside joke; Instead, it reminds us of how white girls who refuse to fit their narrowly prescribed narratives are used for humiliating entertainment. Televised embarrassment isn’t new, but now there are figures like Dr. Phil to bring them onstage under the guise of rehabilitation and change. And who is more deserving of a redemptive narrative than a white girl who’s merely lost her way?
https://www.buzzfeed.com/scaachikoul/ho ... or-white-g

In case you don't know who she is:
God that's depressing - although I do agree with the article that she's smartly taking advantage of her situation. She's probably clever enough to do something useful with her life, but probably won't.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Kirbmarc wrote:
The problem here is that [Emma] Watson has confused the collectivist aim of feminism with the protection of women's individual rights. She believes that feminism is about giving women more individual rights, when actually it's about a minority of women telling men and women what to do.

You're giving Emma Watson undeserved credit, as if she's a magical unicorn flavor of feminist.

In her UN address, she complained about being 'sexualized' due to her acting.

Her "HeForShe" campaign called-for regressive traditional chivalry gender roles-- for males, only.

She appeared alongside intersectional communist race-identity post-modernist bell hooks-- when Watson announced her year-off from acting to study feminism.

She made a sex-negative joint appearance with Gloria Stein, to denounce pornography.

She's not a 'good' feminist, unsullied by 'bad' feminism.
She's a typical feminist, surprised when her own dogma is applied consistantly to her own titshow.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Matt: Good to here you weren't washed away in the latest Califloods. Condolences for the passing of your buddy.
Thanks. The damn hasn't burst yet, but lots of the local roads are washed out.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Damwn! Watson (Emma) does absolutely nothing for me. I find her, to be frank, unattractive. Personal tastes and all that.

And her hair-do looks like a turd.

free thoughtpolice

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:Matt: Good to here you weren't washed away in the latest Califloods. Condolences for the passing of your buddy.
Thanks. The damn hasn't burst yet, but lots of the local roads are washed out.
So I'm guessing after the deluge tapers off in the next few months you're going goldpanning?

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

gurugeorge wrote: I must admit, although Emma is classically beautiful, she leaves me cold sexually. She gives off the sense of being a prissy middle-class madam, and I doubt her behaviour in bed would contradict that impression.

Rebecca on the other hand ... well, to be fair, she's not totally ugly, she's sort of passable in the looks department, but more importantly, one gets the sense that she'd be quite a goer in the sack. She's a nutty SJW, but on the other hand, she has a mischievous twinkle that's essential, IMHO, for bedular purposes.
Physically, Emma Watson has a certain boyishness that I'm not fond of. My view is similar to Phil's comment about her looking like Joachim Phoenix.

I really find her personality repellent, though, which is part of why I can't find her attractive. Seeing her speech to the UN about the "he for she" campaign sealed that. Her teary-eyed damsel-like delivery of that script made me want to retch. I think she exudes a sense of entitlement and pomposity that is rare even in Hollywood. Kind of like Meryl Streep but without the talent. Yeah I definitely see the "prissy middle class madam" thing, although I'm not sure that really goes far enough.

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

Now this is genuinely quite an amusing amusing internet thing, and it has a moral to the story: dad embarrasses his daughter by imitating her "sexy selfies", right down to the clothing and tattoos.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Old_ones wrote:
gurugeorge wrote: I must admit, although Emma is classically beautiful, she leaves me cold sexually. She gives off the sense of being a prissy middle-class madam, and I doubt her behaviour in bed would contradict that impression.

Physically, Emma Watson has a certain boyishness that I'm not fond of. My view is similar to Phil's comment about her looking like Joachim Phoenix.

I really find her personality repellent, though, which is part of why I can't find her attractive. Seeing her speech to the UN about the "he for she" campaign sealed that. Her teary-eyed damsel-like delivery of that script made me want to retch. I think she exudes a sense of entitlement and pomposity that is rare even in Hollywood. Kind of like Meryl Streep but without the talent. Yeah I definitely see the "prissy middle class madam" thing, although I'm not sure that really goes far enough.
Emma Watson is an even more insufferable and even dumber Laurie Penny. At least Penny tries to make up her own stupid arguments, but Watson just repeats what she was told at college. And Watson has never in her life suffered a nanosecond of discomfort. She came from good parents, made a buttload of money, acquired serious fame and has always known that she will always have enough money to live. If she never made another dime, the Harry Potter residuals will keep her going forever.

She is absolutely a cold, dumb princess who just thinks that feminism is about "gender equality" because she's been in her bubble since she was eight or whatever.

free thoughtpolice

[youtube][/youtube]

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Really? wrote:
Old_ones wrote:

Emma Watson is an even more insufferable and even dumber Laurie Penny. At least Penny tries to make up her own stupid arguments, but Watson just repeats what she was told at college. And Watson has never in her life suffered a nanosecond of discomfort. She came from good parents, made a buttload of money, acquired serious fame and has always known that she will always have enough money to live. If she never made another dime, the Harry Potter residuals will keep her going forever.

She is absolutely a cold, dumb princess who just thinks that feminism is about "gender equality" because she's been in her bubble since she was eight or whatever.
(my emphasis)

That's definitely part of what makes her grating. I don't begrudge movie stars their luxuries - good for them for landing an awesome job, and one that is difficult to do well at that. But if you live a life of luxury and have no anxieties about making ends meet, do the rest of us a favor and don't go in front of the UN and whine about the agony of your oppression. People like Watson are a kind of reductio ad absurdum for the kind of bourgeoisie "oppression" that SJWs are always complaining about. If you can be young, upper class, emancipated, and at the top of your career, and still "oppressed", then I think we need a new word for real problems.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Last Fall, I dated that college freshman girl for a couple weeks. I complained about how certain people in my life reacted. Best advice I got was ERV saying the age difference was an issue because I had made it one.

I saw the girl again this weekend. Was curious to see how she'd changed... first year in nyc can leave such a mark on a person. I'd say she has gotten her 'sea legs'. After I dumped her, she went girlsgonewild on Tinder, but hopped off that carousel, after achieving such ambitions as trying cocaine, & an uncircumcised cock, & finding a Juilliard professor to play Svengali to her dreams of being a blues singer. She's on academic probation for poor grades, is asking-- right on schedule-- 'why am I in college'?, is letting her hot little bod go to pot with slob diet & lifestyle, and is suddenly babycrazy.... after a vivid dream of motherhood, a few nights ago. Which, obviously, is really a furitive desire to escape uncertainty of facing life.

Despite, after our breakup, her crying for more weeks than we went-out... my stock has bounced back. Im remembered as a worthwhile adventure. Im an affectation.. Meaning I fit-into her self-image of who she wants to become. Yesterday, she wanted us to get tattoos together. A way to cling to the fading High. It's not about me... it's about her wanting to be the kind of person with interesting tattoos. I dont want the responsibility of branding her... & that outweighs the ego-boost. Fortunately, she idolizes Tom Waits & Bukowski... so their worlds are likely to adorn her soon, instead of my old graffiti tag.

We drove around in a borrowed SAAB. I introduced her to Captain Beefheart's Trout Mask Replica. I suggested she get the majestic chevron from the hood of Tom Waits's old '64 Cadillac Coupe de Ville. Or a Fleur de Lis, for new orleans.
http://i.imgur.com/gQc4uAC.jpg

On the way to pick her up, listening to the Oldies radio station, which now includes pop songs from my puberty, I remembered first getting my driver's license & first car. How completely smitten I was with certain girls at school, despite a paucity of time alone with them... and certainly I didnt dare expose my desire or make a move, then. Which was a premonition of reconnecting with this girl. Previously, I had a pick-up artist's mentality, like it was some high hurdle to win a hot young thing. Actually, all ya gotta do is be in proximity & your turn will come to be rained-on with undue affection.

I had forgotten what it was like to be so unguarded & consumed with mindless craving. One reason for there to be a taboo on age gaps is to spare having to figure all this out... just steer clear & you won't need to know the pitfalls. Or be tempted to exploit all-this like a vampire of youth.

This youtube treatise also seems to apply:

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

If we absolutely have to choose which Watson to sleep with - I'm going with Nigel Bruce.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

As to whether conservatives or liberals are more attractive. I did manage to find reference to J G Ballard's original paper on the subject:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Why_I_Wan ... ald_Reagan

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

Aneris wrote:
dog puke wrote:
Hey! Nice stuff Aneris! I like both tracks.

:clap: :dance:

The second track - with the Am - Fm progression - is, as you described, a function of equal division of the octave. (Tritones, M3rds, m3rds, M2nds and m2nds all divide nicely). Sometimes I have heard this Am-Fm movement described as a function of "chromatic mediant", and that refers to any chord movement by 3rd which is not diatonic (thus chromatic medians).

If equal division of the octave interests you, have you played around with "the" octatonic scale? (Tone, Semitone, Tone, Semitone, etc.)
This description fits. And thanks a lot! I am a beginner at "advanced" harmonisation and theory. I can reliably work with traditional (or pop) arrangements, I can do intuitive composing, and really fooling around but that's where the uncharted territory for me begins. I usually develop a "feel" for how something sounds, often accompanied by imagery, and by that intuitive route can "emulate" some styles.

I just uploaded a sample, where I tried my hand at cliché oriental or arabian, which I guess would be a form of chromatic scale. Amduat is the egyptian book of the underworld, and that's how it sounded like to me. Though I wasn't that interested in the scale then, but was more learning and experimenting with creating a soundscape, which easily makes up half the trick.

As I am just beginning to learn more advanced stuff, I'm interested in this channel: Adam Neely is apparently a jazz bass player and his channel features theory in an accessible manner. I also have another one, somewhere, which is way above my head at this point. I am not really emotionally invested in such styles, yet, but it's fascinating and I might open up to it more, and hope to enrich my own music, too. Example video:

[youtube.][/youtube]
Yeah, Adam Neely is quite knowledgable. I discovered him recently, and I particularly like that video as it shows lots of interesting harmonization techniques (though one needs a pretty good theory background to really absorb much of what's going on).

Amduat is also very nice... though I expect you will be up on charges in the Hague for cultural appropriation. :twatson:

http://i.imgur.com/vWODeWD.png

Here's a quick transcription of your riff.

I always love finding stuff like the Adam Neely video, so please post more interesting stuff if you find it. And, if you have any particular areas of interest I may be able to point you to a few interesting things too. :violin: