Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Re: Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Post by Jan Steen »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Jan Steen wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Why are you surprised? The Guardian has a long, documented history of being careless with research as long as it furthers the Big Cause.

Both the SJWs and the Trumpists hate inconvenient facts. The idea that the Democratic Party is the "party of reality" is an illusion, just like the idea that Trump had no ties to any lobby.
Oh, I'm not surprised. But still annoyed. Is there any news outlet left that cares for the facts? Any that is not blinkered by ideology? Are there any journalists who are not habitual liars for one cause or another? In this day and age our only recourse can be radical scepticism. Trust nobody. No gover[n]ment. No party. No news outlet.
In every day and age the only recourse is skepticism. The problem isn't the single journalist or media, it's human nature: likeminded people get together, echo chambers form, nuance is lost, group loyalty overcomes individualism, and The Cause prevails over everything else.

That said, Reuters is usually a pretty decent source of information, meaning that it can be used to double check other media.
Scepticism is never misplaced, but I have the distinct impression that the lying both by governments and the press has become worse, and above all more ubiquitous, than it ever was*. On the other hand, this may be because the internet has made it easier to compare opposing narratives. The lying may just be easier to spot now than it used to be.

*I mean in democratic countries with a 'free' press. I'm not talking about Nazi Germany, North Korea, etc. In such countries you can be practically certain that everything you read in the press is a lie.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Sulman wrote:
John D wrote:To make things easier in Nam the soldiers reported the number of rounds they fired. The Pentagon then made a simple calculation assuming one Viet Cong was killed for every 2000 bullets fired.... or some shit like that. Then they would tell the press "We killed 40 Viet Cong fighters last week..." blah blah blah. And people think the fake news is bad now. Jesus Christ. It was all lies a few short decades ago... and it is mostly lies now. At least now independent stories can get out into the Internet to help curtail the official lying.
I don't think the numbers were that off, it was just a flawed strategy that even the military knew was nuts but played along. It led to craziness like pacification, where hamlets were cleaned during search and destroy episodes and neatly classed as 'pacified' in the reports to Washington, but nobody told the VC who would return a week later.

Westmoreland reaped what he sowed though after Tet 68, ironically the point at which the US practically won the war but then decided to give it all up.
After yet the VC were almost non existent, so then NVA regulars were sent in to pick up the slack. Washington was forced to realize that as long as the Soviets kept dumping money and equipt into NV the fighting would go on. The Sov. were spending money/equipt, we were losing soldiers.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

feathers wrote:
Jan Steen wrote:Actually, they were not slimy Taliban bastards, but slimy ISIL-KP bastards. Known to some as marginalized people.
And it's only after the bombing they got really slimy. Yikes!
And they were really, really marginalized.

Joking apart, this bombing is of course just a cheap PR stunt. Or not so cheap, actually. A few 100K per slimy bastard pulverized.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Jan Steen wrote:Scepticism is never misplaced, but I have the distinct impression that the lying both by governments and the press has become worse, and above all more ubiquitous, than it ever was*. On the other hand, this may be because the internet has made it easier to compare opposing narratives. The lying may just be easier to spot now than it used to be.

*I mean in democratic countries with a 'free' press. I'm not talking about Nazi Germany, North Korea, etc. In such countries you can be practically certain that everything you read in the press is a lie.
Governments have always lied, and partisan press (all of it, only for different parties) always lied, too. I'd say that with the internet it's easy both to find out about lies AND to lie more and more efficiently thanks to information flooding.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
The Dark Knight version of the Joker is this fantasy fully realized: he wears his scars proudly (constantly complains about his inner pain, but in a "cool" way), goes after authority figures and wants to bring everyone down to his level. Chaos is fair, after all.
He would be this fantasy if he was 400lb, complained about microagressions, fought authority figures with hashtags and... well, that last one seems accurate.

Also, he has green hair and wears makeup. Ok, not a bad analogy...
"My world is largely divided into people who scoff at the idea that I could be scary and people who are terrified of me. There is a small group of people who see the potential for terror but aren't scared, although they do have visible moments of wariness. These are my friends."

http://almostdiamonds.blogspot.com/2008 ... error.html

"He was also the guy who introduced me to the fact that I'm a very, very scary person. Not that he could explain why I was scary either."

http://almostdiamonds.blogspot.com/2008 ... -past.html

"I am basically a sphinx (much early training) unless I work very hard at being transparent. People have, once or twice, tried to tell me otherwise, but they've been so wrong in the details that I couldn't take them seriously. I am completely and utterly floored whenever someone gets something critical right about me without me already having told them. Happened yesterday, in fact."

http://almostdiamonds.blogspot.com/2008 ... error.html

(Yes, I know Harley Quinn is her totem, but I'm not going to spend a week shoe-horning her into hotpants. The Joker is close enough)

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

That bomb was paid for a decade ago. The personnel were on station anyway.

The only added cost was the fuel for the plane.

If some of the boss scumbags got splattered, well worth it.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

I had almost forgot about svan... seems the earth finally gave way and swallowed her up.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Jan Steen wrote:And they were really, really marginalized.

Joking apart, this bombing is of course just a cheap PR stunt. Or not so cheap, actually. A few 100K per slimy bastard pulverized.
Actually, only US$ 170,000 per unit, though ex. delivery costs.

For that money I say, drop some more!

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

feathers wrote:

They may be saving them for Korean War 2.0.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

feathers wrote:

Still an expensive way to get rid of vermin.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

rayshul wrote:Fox News, keeping it real.
Shit I never thought I'd ever fucking say... oh this brave new world...
The local Fox affiliates have always tended to do much better about focusing on real news than propaganda. Think about it. An hour long news program on just local news, vs the national level cable selection of political news talk shows and personalities.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

rayshul wrote:Isn't their fish burger going to be halal? As well as any vegetarian items.
That is what I was thinking.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Ape+lust wrote:

(Yes, I know Harley Quinn is her totem, but I'm not going to spend a week shoe-horning her into hotpants. The Joker is close enough)
"Why so serious, shitlords?"

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Spike13 wrote:That bomb was paid for a decade ago. The personnel were on station anyway.

The only added cost was the fuel for the plane.

If some of the boss scumbags got splattered, well worth it.
Well now they will order another to replace it.

On the flip side, I wonder if there is some sort of shelf life on all of those explosives.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

feathers wrote:Actually, only US$ 170,000 per unit, though ex. delivery costs.

Hell yah. Those tomahawks are expensive as hell by comparison.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Really? wrote:Do you have $69? Would you like to learn how to build a sound philosophy of life from a divorced man pushing 50 who has no job and who is currently suing his friends because they pointed out how he was trying to feed his semen fetish with married college girls less than half his age?

No, the price is not a coincidence.
Learn how to develop and defend your own naturalistic worldview from studying and critiquing a model example, and how to employ a naturalist worldview in your daily lives and your understanding of the world. Learn the basics of how to develop and test a philosophy of epistemology (theory of knowledge), metaphysics (theory of existence), ethics (theory of morality), aesthetics (theory of beauty), and politics (theory of government), using logical, evidence-based reasoning. Based on assigned readings, lectures, and weekly class discussion online with Dr. Carrier, who has a Ph.D. in the history of philosophy from Columbia University.

Specific topics addressed include “Naturalism, Supernaturalism, Philosophy, and Worldview Theory” in which we learn what naturalism is, and how it differs from supernaturalism; what a worldview is, and the basics of how to think about and construct a worldview; and what philosophy is, and how to think like a philosopher; “Naturalism and the Universe, Your Self, Your Mind, and Your Freedom” in which we learn what naturalism can say about the nature and origins of existence, of the universe and all its contents, but also in particular of you as a person, and thus of consciousness, thought, and freedom (your personal autonomy); “Naturalism on Morality, Society, and Politics” in which we learn what naturalism can say about whether there is any moral or political truth, what it’s nature is, and where it comes from, and what this means for how we should strive to organize society; and “Naturalism on Meaning, Purpose, and Beauty in Life” in which we learn what naturalism can say about the meaning of life and its purpose or value, and about the nature of beauty and ugliness, and what value they have, what they signify, and where they come from.
http://archive.is/GdhLr
I'm holding out for his class on applying Bayesian analysis to gambling systems.

https://www.getyarn.io/yarn-clip/c5295a ... b05412c9ea

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Really? wrote:Do you have $69? Would you like to learn how to build a sound philosophy of life from a divorced man pushing 50 who has no job and who is currently suing his friends because they pointed out how he was trying to feed his semen fetish with married college girls less than half his age?

No, the price is not a coincidence.
Learn how to develop and defend your own naturalistic worldview from studying and critiquing a model example, and how to employ a naturalist worldview in your daily lives and your understanding of the world. Learn the basics of how to develop and test a philosophy of epistemology (theory of knowledge), metaphysics (theory of existence), ethics (theory of morality), aesthetics (theory of beauty), and politics (theory of government), using logical, evidence-based reasoning. Based on assigned readings, lectures, and weekly class discussion online with Dr. Carrier, who has a Ph.D. in the history of philosophy from Columbia University.

Specific topics addressed include “Naturalism, Supernaturalism, Philosophy, and Worldview Theory” in which we learn what naturalism is, and how it differs from supernaturalism; what a worldview is, and the basics of how to think about and construct a worldview; and what philosophy is, and how to think like a philosopher; “Naturalism and the Universe, Your Self, Your Mind, and Your Freedom” in which we learn what naturalism can say about the nature and origins of existence, of the universe and all its contents, but also in particular of you as a person, and thus of consciousness, thought, and freedom (your personal autonomy); “Naturalism on Morality, Society, and Politics” in which we learn what naturalism can say about whether there is any moral or political truth, what it’s nature is, and where it comes from, and what this means for how we should strive to organize society; and “Naturalism on Meaning, Purpose, and Beauty in Life” in which we learn what naturalism can say about the meaning of life and its purpose or value, and about the nature of beauty and ugliness, and what value they have, what they signify, and where they come from.
http://archive.is/GdhLr
I'm holding out for his class on applying Bayesian analysis to gambling systems.

https://www.getyarn.io/yarn-clip/c5295a ... b05412c9ea

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:PZ is complaining that the MOAB has now killed 90 ISIS terrorists rather than the original 30.

This has to be a new low. Maybe he should call his son for clarification.
Perhaps if we rebrand ISIS as "Nazis", PZ would be jizzing his pants, instead of complaining?
I wouldn't be too sure about that. Given Peez's simpering about dead ISIS fuckwits, I'm beginning to wonder if he only thinks fascism is bad when white people do it.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

shoutinghorse wrote: And anyway, they started it. :snooty:
war_declared.jpg
(19.06 KiB) Downloaded 208 times

feathers

Post by feathers »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
war_declared.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... b6c2f2.jpg

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Spike13 wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

T-foot seems to be echoing Teal deers position as regards Sargon and some other of the other crop is f "sceptical" you tubers.

I have to say, they do have a point. There seems to be a lot of shit talking and precious little reasearch.

There is only so much "herr durr herr durr let's laugh at the idiot" candy one can take without some actual intellectual nutrition.
Thunderf00t sounds like he worked too hard, drank too much & stayed awake too late. Rambling scatterbrain.

27 minutes into the video & he has done little more than say the word 'conspiracy theory', as if using that term automatically debunks an idea. He hasnt clearly explained the theory he's doubting-- so who knows what-exactly he's claiming isnt true.

His own video seems to support the same theories he's doubting. For example, he sez nearly all his videos have been demonetized for offensive content, EXCEPT those dealing with creationism. If there's a libtard conspiracy to suppress viewpoints which dont conform to libtard dogma-- wouldnt the Conspiracy spare Tfoot's attacks on conservative christian religion-- but throttle all his other videos, especially the anti-feminist ones?

Tfoot also sez the demonetization appears to be an automated process, where a bot uses algorithms to spot & flag videos as offensive, despite no human user complaint... isnt that the exact thing the 'conspiracy theory' youtubers are alledging?

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
war_declared.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/CSp71u9.jpg

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:PZ is complaining that the MOAB has now killed 90 ISIS terrorists rather than the original 30.

This has to be a new low. Maybe he should call his son for clarification.
According to one of PZ's star bloggers, Marcus Ranum of Stderr, all members of the US armed forces are hired killers, and since Marcus was one, he would know.
Why would PZ want to talk to a criminal like his hired killer son? He must feel so much shame. :violin:
Marcus Ranum? That name rings a bell. Is he the one who hate police, and calls them "pigs"? I think it is, and naturally, he's all concerned about "safe spaces" and language, and fee-fees, etc.
:lol:

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Service Dog wrote:
Spike13 wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

T-foot seems to be echoing Teal deers position as regards Sargon and some other of the other crop is f "sceptical" you tubers.

I have to say, they do have a point. There seems to be a lot of shit talking and precious little reasearch.

There is only so much "herr durr herr durr let's laugh at the idiot" candy one can take without some actual intellectual nutrition.
Thunderf00t sounds like he worked too hard, drank too much & stayed awake too late. Rambling scatterbrain.

27 minutes into the video & he has done little more than say the word 'conspiracy theory', as if using that term automatically debunks an idea. He hasnt clearly explained the theory he's doubting-- so who knows what-exactly he's claiming isnt true.

His own video seems to support the same theories he's doubting. For example, he sez nearly all his videos have been demonetized for offensive content, EXCEPT those dealing with creationism. If there's a libtard conspiracy to suppress viewpoints which dont conform to libtard dogma-- wouldnt the Conspiracy spare Tfoot's attacks on conservative christian religion-- but throttle all his other videos, especially the anti-feminist ones?

Tfoot also sez the demonetization appears to be an automated process, where a bot uses algorithms to spot & flag videos as offensive, despite no human user complaint... isnt that the exact thing the 'conspiracy theory' youtubers are alledging?
A "libtard conspiracy" is a pretty bonkers idea.

What's happening isn't a conspiracy of people demonetizing what it's , it's a zeigeist, a common perception in the media and in business that certain topics (like criticism of feminism) are toxic to adverts and to sales. We know SJWs start social media campaigns and boycotts, and we know SJWs have a pretty strong influence on the general hipster trends in the demographics which buy newspapers and use the products of certain multinational corporations (like Starbucks, for example, or Google, or Youtube). "Diversity" is trendy, hip and cool among the Millennials. "Anti-SJWs" are a minority, they're stereotyped as uncool, losers, permavirgin basement-dwellers who are of no use to the people who want to sell things through Youtube ads.

Businesses want to keep it safe, to avoid the wrath of the social media warriors. The "anti-SJW" demographic is made up of people who skip ads, who pirate game, who don't buy so many corporate products, and rarely if ever start social media campaigns against the corporations who "offend their sensibilities". It's economically sound to demonetize "controversial" videos. Anti-creationist videos are safer because creationists are less likely to be young millennials who can buy the shit advertized on youtube.

Most of all, though, I think this is a natural evolution of the tools which flag "controversial" videos. Hipster-ish millennials flag a lot of anti-feminism, anti-"diversity", anti-SJW videos, so Youtube takes the logical conclusion of demonetizing a lot of them. The media are happy, everyone's a winner. Conversely relatively few people flag anti-creationism videos, and they're not likely to start social media campaigns or buy tons of corporate products anyway.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I think that SJW videos have also been effected - in fact Watson was complaining about the demonitisation too.

It looks like Google could be cutting back it's advertising payouts to save money - using the issue of 'offensive' (or flagged) content as a cover.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Brilliant. .. :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/PJt2so5.jpg

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Jan Steen wrote:The Guardian has a piece about Trump's war on facts, promoting the March for Science on 22 April. I made two comments, pointing out that the march was in danger of being hijacked by identity politics, and linked to a piece by Jerry Coyne in which he showed a tweet from the March for Science Twatter account that called ISIS "marginalized people". Surely the most insane bit of identity politics ever to catch my eye.

Both of my comments were deleted [unfortunately I didn't screencap them], and my following comment was dead in the water too:
Hermann Steinpilz wrote:Complaining about Trump[']s war on facts and then deleting my comments, which presented facts about the organisers of the Science March. If that's not hypocrisy, I don't know what is. How can you look in the mirror and not be ashamed of what you see.
http://i.imgur.com/0kVqtyu.jpg

Bloody hypocrites. They hate facts just as much as Trump does, only it's a different set of facts for the Guardian.
Oh, you can be as polite and "on-topic" as can, but if you go against the approved narrative ATL (above the line), you comments are extremly vulnerable to "moderation". They're fucking cunts. Meanwhile, abusive, trolling comments that happen to support the approved narrative are ignored by the "mods".

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

shoutinghorse wrote:Brilliant. .. :lol:

It would be brilliant but for the deployment of the hipster insult of 'wank-puffin'. Whoever wrote that is a fart-trumpet or cockwomble or something.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Tigzy wrote:

It would be brilliant but for the deployment of the hipster insult of 'wank-puffin'. Whoever wrote that is a fart-trumpet or cockwomble or something.
What is the provenance of this note? If it was indeed left on the wank-puffin's Mondeo, then did said wank-puffin carefully preserve said note and share it amongst friends? Post it on Facebook -- look haha the note somebody left on the windshield of my Mondeo haha!

Clearly some fart-trumpet or cockwomble forged this fake note, thinking themselves ever so clever.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Fuck but that March for Science is yet another SJW-entryist FUBAR of what would otherwise have been an useful event.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Spike13 wrote:It is telling that Pissy refers to them as "Islamic state fighters"... instead of terrorists. These are religiously motivated douchebags... I thought Peez was supposed to be some big wig atheist gob-howl ...
If PZ and his ilk were genuine about fighting anti-muslim bigotry AND religiously inspired douchebaggery they'd support people like Maajid Nawaz, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, reformers, ex-muslims, etc.
PZ agrees with the SPLC putting Maajid on that bogus list of "anti-Muslim extremists". His justification was something to do the "neo-con stuff" IIRC. Now, the extent of Maajid's "neo-con stuff" runs to writing a book with "arch neo-con" Sam Harris.... Remember, if you have any tenuous relationship with Big Bag Harris, you are a "neo-con". It is remarkable how close PZ's worldview lines-up with the likes of CJ Werleman.

PZ is a fucking skunk's cunt.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Over at Coyne's I notice Jerry used the phrase "woman artist" in reference to the person who botched the restoration of a Jesus fresco so badly it became an internet meme.

To me the phrase "woman artist" just sounds absurdly clunky. Man artist would sound no better. Yet apparently "male" and "female" as descriptors have been taken off the table because they make us sound like certain ugly aliens from Star Trek (who might incidentally be uncharitably described as racist stereotypes, but never mind that). Better we imitate the speech patterns of ugly aliens from Battlefield Earth (how do you man animals prefer your rat, by the way?).

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Alex Jones is in a bit of legal trouble, and his lawyer is using the excuse that he is "playing a character". Which is another way of saying he is a bullshit artist. Not that we didn't know all these years, but how is he going to explain it away to his faithful audience.....probably by claiming some shadowy conspiracy of lizards forced his hand, or something.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/32907 ... ays-lawyer

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Well I'm not sure how much I have to say - but this has to be worth something:

https://static.independent.co.uk/s3fs-p ... b-1-ap.jpg

John D

Post by John D »

Haha. I remember when Walmart thought it was a good idea to mark the spaces just past the Handicapped spots as "Expectant Mothers". The spots were the premium ten spaces or so close to the store. They were almost always empty. If there were a few of these spots empty I would park in them. Haha. What an ass-hat dick I am!

Apparently I was not the only one who abused this space because now Walmart have removed the "expectant Mothers" signs. I haven't seen these signs at any stores in years. They were pretty popular for a while in the 1990s.

I guess I figure that women who are pregerrs are perfectly able to walk. If they really have complications from being pregnant they can call their doctor and get a Handicap Parking Sticker.... just like the rest of us. Pregnant women are smug.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Glad everything worked out for you John.

And if you ever decide to identify as an expectant mother again - just remember it's your right to do so.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

CommanderTuvok wrote:Alex Jones is in a bit of legal trouble, and his lawyer is using the excuse that he is "playing a character". Which is another way of saying he is a bullshit artist. Not that we didn't know all these years, but how is he going to explain it away to his faithful audience.....probably by claiming some shadowy conspiracy of lizards forced his hand, or something.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/32907 ... ays-lawyer
His diet supplements are the real thing though. :lol:

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Jan Steen wrote:Scepticism is never misplaced, but I have the distinct impression that the lying both by governments and the press has become worse, and above all more ubiquitous, than it ever was*.
Makes sense if you factor in political polarization. Fewer people occupying any sort of middle ground means more people clustering in the extremes. And that's where you find the people willing to lie for the cause.

free thoughtpolice

Alex jones is saying now that he is going to get kicked off youtube and he is going to sue if call him fake news. Presumably he will use a different lawyer than the one that is maintaining that he is actually fake news.
[youtube][/youtube]

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Spike13 wrote:It is telling that Pissy refers to them as "Islamic state fighters"... instead of terrorists. These are religiously motivated douchebags... I thought Peez was supposed to be some big wig atheist gob-howl ...
I always hate being charitable to Peez, but that particular term sounds fine to me. For one, it acknowledges that they are Islamic militants and not just any old kooks with guns. I think if Peez is trying to be an apologist with this phrasing it's not working out so well.

For another, they are fighters, not just terrorists. They're a (relatively undisciplined and shitty) military force.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Alex jones is saying now that he is going to get kicked off youtube and he is going to sue if call him fake news. Presumably he will use a different lawyer than the one that is maintaining that he is actually fake news.
[youtube][/youtube]
Alex Jones is conspiracy bullshit fake news.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

deLurch wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:Alex jones is saying now that he is going to get kicked off youtube and he is going to sue if call him fake news. Presumably he will use a different lawyer than the one that is maintaining that he is actually fake news.
[youtube][/youtube]
Alex Jones is conspiracy bullshit fake news.
Doesn't Trump take him seriously and regard him as a news source?

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

CommanderTuvok wrote:PZ agrees with the SPLC putting Maajid on that bogus list of "anti-Muslim extremists". His justification was something to do the "neo-con stuff" IIRC. Now, the extent of Maajid's "neo-con stuff" runs to writing a book with "arch neo-con" Sam Harris.... Remember, if you have any tenuous relationship with Big Bag Harris, you are a "neo-con". It is remarkable how close PZ's worldview lines-up with the likes of CJ Werleman.

PZ is a fucking skunk's cunt.
S'funny how the most disapproval Peez could muster for Harris' "neo-con" tendencies for SEVEN years was an arched eyebrow. Only after it became glaringly obvious Peez would never be invited into their circle, and Dawkins told his party chick to piss off, did Sam's musings on torture and nuclear first strike become untenable.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

feathers wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
The attachment war_declared.jpg is no longer available
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... b6c2f2.jpg
reds_invade.png
(298.34 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
Pussies.

free thoughtpolice

Is this anexceptionally mellow horse?
https://www.cheknews.ca/rescuers-pull-t ... ff-303316/

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:Doesn't Trump take him seriously and regard him as a news source?
Trump has stated he watches Info Wars & Fox news, and has said good things about Info Wars.

In general, if you say good things about Donald Trump, he will return the favor. If you bash him, he bashes back.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Coyne's going to have a post up tomorrow about the HuffPo debacle.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

We've finally gotten to watching Split. Very good, looks like M. Night Shyamalan is going back to making ok movies.

Guest_440911e7

Post by Guest_440911e7 »

newsweek com/alex-jones-kids-fraud-custody-battle-585159

My read is they are saying his on air persona is a persona, not that he is admitting to pumping fake news

His ex wife is claiming he is unstable and scares the kids, he is saying it's his on air persona and not how he behaves around his children.
His ex-wife—the two were divorced in 2015 and the children, ages 9, 12 and 14, have lived him throughout the custody battle—is not convinced her former spouse is a different person away from the mic or camera.

“He broadcasts from home. The children are there, watching him broadcast,” Kelly Jones said.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Guest_440911e7 wrote:

My read is they are saying his on air persona is a persona, not that he is admitting to pumping fake news

His ex wife is claiming he is unstable and scares the kids, he is saying it's his on air persona and not how he behaves around his children.
His ex-wife—the two were divorced in 2015 and the children, ages 9, 12 and 14, have lived him throughout the custody battle—is not convinced her former spouse is a different person away from the mic or camera.

“He broadcasts from home. The children are there, watching him broadcast,” Kelly Jones said.
I've always thought his on air persona is mainly an act. This kind of proves it a little for me, remember his rage at Piers Morgan, they met by chance not long after.

[youtube][/youtube]

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Of course the Daily Stormer has discovered the conspiracy within the conspiracy. They discovered Alex Jones wife was Jewish. Not word yet if she is a reptilian replacement.

free thoughtpolice

Guest_440911e7 wrote:

I'm not sure that you can separate what he says he believes from the personality he projects on air. His on air image is established not only by an emotional delivery but also by his apparent beliefs.
One would think that his ex's lawyer is pointing out the loony content of his ideas as being dangerous to the well being of the children more than his "passionate" delivery.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

feathers wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
90? The Mother of all Bombs™? Fucking war-criminals of RAF killed 42,000 in Hamburg in one night.
Well yes, Hamburg's not precisely known for its maze of granite-covered caves.
Not anymore!

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Dan Arel told Matt Dillahunty he's a Nazi apologist :lol:

http://imgur.com/dN6ldWl.jpg

Malky

Post by Malky »

Just leaving this here - obviously a blatant liar:

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/cri ... s_20170414

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Ape+lust wrote:

If anyone can do, you could. Some things are just not possible. And actually morally wrong to even try.

Guest_440911e7

Post by Guest_440911e7 »

I'm not sure that you can separate what he says he believes from the personality he projects on air. His on air image is established not only by an emotional delivery but also by his apparent beliefs.

One would think that his ex's lawyer is pointing out the loony content of his ideas as being dangerous to the well being of the children more than his "passionate" delivery.
I am hopeful you haven't been to, and never will be subject to American Family Law courts, but I hope (and suspect) you're wrong.

It's one thing to argue, "this man scares his kids by his passionate delivery, and another to argue "his ideas are dangerous to the well being of the children".

Both are (often bogus) tactics the courts have dealt with. The former can be dealt with by requiring Jones to use a studio away from the home. The latter is a violation of free speech and likely unconstitutional prior restraint.

www2.law.ucla edu/volokh/custody.pdf
PARENT-CHILD SPEECH AND CHILD
CUSTODY SPEECH RESTRICTIONS
EUGENE VOLOKH*
The "best interests of the child" test-the normal rule applied in custody disputes
between two parents-leaves family court judges ample room to consider a parent's
ideology. Parents have had their rights limited or denied partly based on their
advocacy of atheism, racism, homosexuality, adultery, nonmarital sex,
Communism, Nazism, pacifism and disrespect for the flag, fundamentalism,
polygamy, and religions that make it hard for children to "fit in the western way of
life in this society."
Courts have also penalized or enjoined speech that expressly or implicitly criticizes
the other parent, even when the speech has a broader ideological dimension. One
parent, for instance, was ordered to "make sure that there is nothing in the religious
upbringing or teaching that the minor child is exposed to that can be considered
homophobic," because the other parent was homosexual. Another mother was
stripped of custody partly because she accurately told her 12-year-old daughter that
her ex-husband, who had raised the daughter from birth, wasn't in fact the girl's
biological father.
Courts have also restricted a parent's religious speech when such speech was seen as
inconsistent with the religious education that the custodial parent was providing.
The cases generally rest on the theory (sometimes pure speculation, sometimes
based on some evidence in the record) that the children will be made confused and
unhappy by the contradictory teachings, and will be less likely to take their parents'
authority seriously.
This article argues these restrictions are generally unconstitutional, except when
they're narrowly focused on preventing one parent from undermining the child's
relationship with the other. But in the process the article makes several observations
that may be helpful whether or not readers endorse this proposal: (1) The
best interests test lets courts engage in a wide range of viewpoint-based speech
restrictions. (2) The First Amendment is implicated not only when courts issue
orders restricting parents' speech, but also when courts make custody or visitation
decisions based on such speech. (3) Even when the cases involve religious speech,
the Free Speech Clause is probably a stronger barrier to the judge's penalizing the
speech than are the Religion Clauses. (4) If parents in intact families have First
Amendment rights to speak to their children, without the government's restricting
the speech under a "best interests" standard, then parents in broken families gener-
ally deserve the same rights. (5) Parents in intact families should indeed be free to
speak to their children-but not primarily because of their self-expression rights, or
their children's interests in hearing the parents' views. Rather, the main reason to
protect parental speech rights is that today's child listeners will grow up into the
next generation's adult speakers. (6) Attempts to allow restrictions only when the
speech imminently threatens likely psychological harm (or even causes actual psychological
harm) to children may seem appealing, but will likely prove unhelpful.
Note: I am not your lawyer, I am not even a lawyer, I am happy to give you legal advice though.