Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Old subthreads
HelpingHand

Re: Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Post by HelpingHand »

shoutinghorse wrote:Oh the irony .. :lol:
*images of Surly 'art' for sale removed*

Yes, capitalism is a failure. In capitalism the market decides. In a more planned economy and culture, possession of Right Think art such as Surly's schlock would be mandatory. Sales would increase.

windy

Post by windy »

"Kill the white people... but buy my record first"

[youtube][/youtube]

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

John D wrote:

She is way to old to pull off that wedge cut... IMHO. and... she actually does look like she is 64. She is a good looking 64 year old... and that is just fine. It is pretty fun how the media is playing up how good looking she is. The left loves say they are good looking..... Too bad most of them don't look as good as Milania Trump or Sarah Palin. Haha.... it must frost their knickers when someone calls Sarah Palin good looking. "Hey.... pointing out someone's looks is SEEEEXXXXIST!"
400A8A4600000578-4483918-image-m-22_1494240571677.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/C7yyAxM.jpg

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

jet_lagg wrote:
Cnutella wrote: I acm actually slightly impressed by the principles and awareness of that nuance he's showing here, although he's not out of the woods yet.
Some people still have her on their friends list to keep tabs on her despite her behavior, while others blocked her for their safety or the safety of their loved ones.
It's a testament to just how low the bar has been set for SJWs that I can read a post where someone insists they had to block Ophelia Benson "for their safety" and also agree with you that it's a mostly impressive post.

There is no compromise to be made here. If you perceive an old bat like Benson saying she's not sure that trans women are women as a threat to yourself (physically or psychologically), you are not ready to lead an adult life. Note there's no value judgment being made. Sometimes life deals you a shit hand and it's more than you can handle. That's what friends, family, and therapists are for. Retreat to them. Sort yourself out. Come back when you're healthy. It's this idea that your safe spaces should take up more and more of the public sphere that I have no tolerance for. The world doesn't come grinding to a halt because you're having an emotional breakdown.
Yeah, I don't don't think 'Lux' has fallen too far from the SJW fainting tree and singling out Ophie for presenting an actual danger is pretty much in line with his previous actions. I recall him throwing a wobbly over at Skepchick where he called RW out for disablist wrong-think because she called someone "stupid" (something along those lines, anyway) .

But he is asking the right questions. If this isn't just some perverse attempt to self-abasement by alienating the last of his online support network, then maybe he'll be able to reconcile the cognitive dissonance and make progress towards becoming less of a tool.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Ape+lust wrote:During that boggling rap on Bill Nye's show, I noticed this:

http://imgur.com/h2kMfb2.jpg

So, I guess she doesn't know about the little shitstorm we went through with Depardieu a few decades ago.

But then, her vagina "knows" what it wants, who is she or anyone to argue with it?

http://imgur.com/XrJ6Y0s.jpg
Not to mention wealthy tax dodger that fucked off to Russia, cuddled up to tyrant gangster Putin and praised his bullying of Ukraine.
More like French traitor than French treasure.
https://themoscowtimes.com/news/gerard- ... ssia-46853

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

John D wrote:
Why do you guys keep posting pictures of Iggy Pop? I don't get it.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

BoxNDox wrote: For some reason I keep reading that as "talentless".
A BPE!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

b_macron_blonde.jpg
(47.14 KiB) Downloaded 227 times
When she was younger, she was a brunette.
b_macron_brun.png
(280.44 KiB) Downloaded 225 times

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
John D wrote:
Why do you guys keep posting pictures of Iggy Pop? I don't get it.
:lol:

Well played, sir, very well played imdeed.

(You even got a giggle out of my other half!)

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

jet_lagg wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: It's all about the equivalence between psychological discomfort and personal safety. Being triggered has become part of a continuum that leads you to suicide. The Atheism Plus forum worked in the same way, they called those who disagreed with their dogmas "people who deny our humanity" and so threats to their psychological well-being.
If Ophelia's brainfarts are the kind of 'psychological discomforts' which can lead to suicide, I have to ask...have any of these fuckers actually tried having a job?
Again, if they're on so much of a hair trigger that being questioned (which is really all Benson did) can lead to suicide, you are not a healthy, functioning adult, and treating you like one is actually recklessly irresponsible. A person with that kind of instability belongs on suicide watch

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
I'm not disagreeing, just explaining what these people think. I like to always understand people's mindsets, even if they're dysfunctional ones. I think that there are many different flavors of dysfunction and it's part to understand what makes people tick (all kinds of people, even Stalinists or Salafis or White Supremacists or Nazis) instead of simply saying "they're nuts, they cannot be understood". Yes, many people are nuts, but I think that you should always try to understand them, not to agree with them or justify them, but to understand why they say and do what they say and do.

I suspect that in the case of "harmful opinions" there's a lot of posturing, though. I can't believe so many people are so easily triggered. I think that while some of those who block Ophelia Benson's "threatening questions" might need professional help, but others are simply people trying to justify ostracism and score some victim or ally points.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Kirbmarc wrote:Labour drama: a Labour student activist was found out to have tweeted some racist sentences back in 2013. This is apparently important since she got to share a stage with Jeremy Corbyn once.
The astonishing thing is that this is one of the few Labour members/supporters who has being exposed as having an "all-round" problem with racism, rather just antisemitism.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Have you Pitters seen Lindy West's (I know - TRIGGER WARNING) latest pile of steaming turd in the Grauniad?

She is moaning that Colbert's joke the other night "can't" be homophobic, because, he's on "the right side", or something, and that the people criticising him are actually alt-right homophobes pretending to be SJWs, or something. She mentions something about knowing "the history of the person", but I always thought "intent isn't magic", or something. It's all bonkers. Fucking hypocrites. The comments below are quite funny.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... imir-putin

Guest_440911e7

Post by Guest_440911e7 »

THE GLENN SHOW Podcast:

bloggingheads tv/videos/46049
THE GLENN SHOW

Glenn Loury (Brown University) and John McWhorter (Time, Columbia University, Talking Back, Talking Black)

Campus protests as activist theater 10:28
Glenn: Antifa groups are the real fascists 9:10
Debating whether activists want power more than justice 12:52
The religious vibes of leftwing protests 7:54
The triumph of individualism: A teaser of the next Glenn-John talk
Yesterday's podcast was very good. This is a rare occasion where I think McWhorter was not just wrong, but way way wrong, regardless, the discussion was terrific.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Re SSA - the announcement of dickbag's "transition", made last August, was clear that it would occur "next" (ie "this") year.

So the swamp draining is still on timeline.

https://secularstudents.org/augusttransition

Really?

Post by Really? »

Brive1987 wrote:Re SSA - the announcement of dickbag's "transition", made last August, was clear that it would occur "next" (ie "this") year.

So the swamp draining is still on timeline.

https://secularstudents.org/augusttransition
After a decade and a half of service, August E. Brunsman IV, Executive Director of the Secular Student Alliance, has announced his decision to depart the organization in the next year as he looks toward the next phase of his life.
I was unaware that corporate leaders who facilitate sexual harassment are allowed to leave in their own good time and on their own schedule.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Probably a 1 - 2 punch. Given the wife got the chop too.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

FBI Director James Comey 'terminated' by Trump

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/39866170

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

SSA is, of course, a shitty little political wankfest. I have no doubt douche bags departure was a goal of someone who leveraged the bad press and the need for "renewal" to win a pissing competition. Any correlation to values driven best practice would be purely coincidental.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

John D wrote:
Really? wrote:Actual headline:
How DOES Macron's wife defy her age? Experts claim hair extensions, veneers, designer style and some very subtle cosmetic surgery keep Brigitte Trogneux, 64, looking so youthful
For years, our continental neighbours have been applauded as chic, slim and poised - all achieved seemingly without effort - and Emmanuel Macron’s wife Brigitte is certainly one of them.
She may be more than 24 years older than her husband, France's president-elect, but Macron’s wife Brigitte looks much younger than her 64 years.
Standing by her husband's side as they celebrated on the stage at his victory rally outside the Louvre in Paris, Brigitte Trogneux was the epitome of glamour.
The former teacher, who is a grandmother, displayed a youthful glow and bouncy blonde locks as she beamed on stage next to the husband she met after he starred in one of her plays at Jesuit school Lycee La Providence in Amiens.
So what's her secret? From her chic sartorial choices to her slim figure, FEMAIL spoke to the best experts in the business to reveal what could be keeping mother-of-three Brigitte's youth in check.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/05/ ... 710187.jpg
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... y-age.html
She is way to old to pull off that wedge cut... IMHO. and... she actually does look like she is 64. She is a good looking 64 year old... and that is just fine. It is pretty fun how the media is playing up how good looking she is. The left loves say they are good looking..... Too bad most of them don't look as good as Milania Trump or Sarah Palin. Haha.... it must frost their knickers when someone calls Sarah Palin good looking. "Hey.... pointing out someone's looks is SEEEEXXXXIST!"
How about showing some respect to someone who helped save the world on multiple occasions?
http://i.imgur.com/rGy7IzI.jpg

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Shatterface wrote:FBI Director James Comey 'terminated' by Trump

Was his wife banging Richard Carrier too?

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Oof. Are we going to get a Saturday Night Massacre this early?

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

CommanderTuvok wrote:Have you Pitters seen Lindy West's (I know - TRIGGER WARNING) latest pile of steaming turd in the Grauniad?

She is moaning that Colbert's joke the other night "can't" be homophobic, because, he's on "the right side", or something, and that the people criticising him are actually alt-right homophobes pretending to be SJWs, or something. She mentions something about knowing "the history of the person", but I always thought "intent isn't magic", or something. It's all bonkers. Fucking hypocrites. The comments below are quite funny.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... imir-putin
Isn't it her "husband's" job to answer that? She's just a flabby bag of self-importance with no discernable talent.
Lindy West wrote:I’ve spent much of my career writing at the intersection of feminism and comedy...
Haha, NO. She has billed herself as a comedian at times. But, that's as misplaced as calling herself Batman.

Have you seen her do stand-up? She'll recount a news item and make a "wry" observation. Then she'll roll her eyes way up and go stiff, as if caught in a seizure. It's her "DUH, can you believe that?" pose, I guess. Repeat about a dozen times and you've got one of her sets.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

katamari Damassi wrote:
How about showing some respect to someone who helped save the world on multiple occasions?
http://i.imgur.com/rGy7IzI.jpg
It was supposed to be a no strings attached relationship.

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

Any bets that he'll appoint someone who will reopen the email investigation with the intention of indicting her?

This shit may get very real.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Snapfingers wrote:yeah, he's twittering along. Pretty sexist rantings mostly. Most of them fun, some makes you wonder "who hurt you this bad?"
Muh retard, muh don't understand feminism. muh not having been following events of the last 50 years. Kill yourself faggot and do it in the most painful way possible.

P. S. Cuck.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

It is amusing to see PZ in full locked-in melt down, head banging repeatedly against his special needs keyboard.
Comey was a ratfucker, and deserved to be fired…but Trump doing it, as the investigation into his ratfuckery grows, is the action of a dictator.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Kirbmarc wrote:Labour drama: a Labour student activist was found out to have tweeted some racist sentences back in 2013. This is apparently important since she got to share a stage with Jeremy Corbyn once.

The funniest part is what the student activist said in her defense:
As some of you may have seen on Twitter, some screenshots have resurfaced about what I have said in the past.

"I'm absolutely horrified and beyond disgusted about these tweets and they are in no way representative of the views I hold now.

"I have no recollection of writing theses tweets and I am unequivocally sorry for the shadow [that] has been brought over our society because of it.

"These views are in no way with what I align with today and I am beyond upset that I could ever say such things."
She fits right in with the Labour party, what with them being sexist (Segregated 'on sex' town hall meeting), Antisemitism rite large. They are the most openly sexist, antisemitic party and of course they get a free pass because they are left wing. Aka mentally ill fuckwits.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

HelpingHand wrote:
*images of Surly 'art' for sale removed*

Yes, capitalism is a failure. In capitalism the market decides. In a more planned economy and culture, possession of Right Think art such as Surly's schlock would be mandatory. Sales would increase.

The system that built the most advanced societies humanity has ever seen is a failure.

This from someone who took their education so seriously that she ended up a waitress who then tried to grift the A/S community and hawks ceramic drizzled cat turds.

Capitalism didn't fail scuzzy amy, scuzzy amy failed at capitalism.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

PZ is thrashing about in rapture over the following graph.

One wonders how a republican's definition of "a lot of discrimination" equates with a democrat's perception.

Given of course that the republican extreme is apparently nazi while a swath of democrats measure misogyny against a different benchmark.
Elyse describes some unwelcome salacious comments from Shermer after she drops a chicken tender at the TAM9 reception buffet.
http://i.imgur.com/ZHjn4Iu.png

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

For where two or three Pitizens gather together, Imaginary Jesus is there with them

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Really? wrote:Actual headline:
How DOES Macron's wife defy her age? Experts claim hair extensions, veneers, designer style and some very subtle cosmetic surgery keep Brigitte Trogneux, 64, looking so youthful
For years, our continental neighbours have been applauded as chic, slim and poised - all achieved seemingly without effort - and Emmanuel Macron’s wife Brigitte is certainly one of them.
She may be more than 24 years older than her husband, France's president-elect, but Macron’s wife Brigitte looks much younger than her 64 years.
Standing by her husband's side as they celebrated on the stage at his victory rally outside the Louvre in Paris, Brigitte Trogneux was the epitome of glamour.
The former teacher, who is a grandmother, displayed a youthful glow and bouncy blonde locks as she beamed on stage next to the husband she met after he starred in one of her plays at Jesuit school Lycee La Providence in Amiens.
So what's her secret? From her chic sartorial choices to her slim figure, FEMAIL spoke to the best experts in the business to reveal what could be keeping mother-of-three Brigitte's youth in check.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/05/ ... 710187.jpg
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... y-age.html
http://www.craveonline.com/images/stori ... Carter.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

It never gets old.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

John D wrote: She is way to old to pull off that wedge cut... IMHO. and... she actually does look like she is 64. She is a good looking 64 year old... and that is just fine. It is pretty fun how the media is playing up how good looking she is. The left loves say they are good looking..... Too bad most of them don't look as good as Milania Trump or Sarah Palin. Haha.... it must frost their knickers when someone calls Sarah Palin good looking. "Hey.... pointing out someone's looks is SEEEEXXXXIST!"
I've seen women much older attempt it, to bad effect. Older people, from D. Trump to Macron's wife should do exactly the opposite from what their stylists say to look younger. DON'T sport the big, coiffed hair look, don't wear high collars to hide your neck line, for God's sake don't fake tan dye your face, do not wear lots of mascara, do not wear those oversize, Jackie-O sunglasses. In other words, stop trying so hard. You'll look 20 years younger.

And BTW am I the only one who thinks Milania looks like a skinny Donald Trump with earrings?

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Brive1987 wrote:It is amusing to see PZ in full locked-in melt down, head banging repeatedly against his special needs keyboard.
Comey was a ratfucker, and deserved to be fired…but Trump doing it, as the investigation into his ratfuckery grows, is the action of a dictator.

You know he's losing it when he uses words like "ratfucker".

It is a glory to see the ineffectual little fucker scream impotently at the heavens.

free thoughtpolice

‘Today will mark a new beginning for our crown jewel of law enforcement,’ Trump says in a statement.
Apparently Trump fired Comey because of unfair statements against Hillary Clinton. :roll:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:For where two or three Pitizens gather together, Imaginary Jesus is there with them

And lo! It came to pass .....

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

free thoughtpolice

Spike13 wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:It is amusing to see PZ in full locked-in melt down, head banging repeatedly against his special needs keyboard.

You know he's losing it when he uses words like "ratfucker".

It is a glory to see the ineffectual little fucker scream impotently at the heavens.
He may very well get on the wrong side of Caine if he keeps that up.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
‘Today will mark a new beginning for our crown jewel of law enforcement,’ Trump says in a statement.
Apparently Trump fired Comey because of unfair statements against Hillary Clinton. :roll:

Please, please let Trump come out and say that...not only would it probably kill Pizzy, the explosion of SJW heads would cause a nuclear winter.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Really? wrote:
jet_lagg wrote:
It's a testament to just how low the bar has been set for SJWs that I can read a post where someone insists they had to block Ophelia Benson "for their safety" and also agree with you that it's a mostly impressive post.

There is no compromise to be made here. If you perceive an old bat like Benson saying she's not sure that trans women are women as a threat to yourself (physically or psychologically), you are not ready to lead an adult life. Note there's no value judgment being made. Sometimes life deals you a shit hand and it's more than you can handle. That's what friends, family, and therapists are for. Retreat to them. Sort yourself out. Come back when you're healthy. It's this idea that your safe spaces should take up more and more of the public sphere that I have no tolerance for. The world doesn't come grinding to a halt because you're having an emotional breakdown.
We told them all of this shit half a decade ago. They're only now believing us?
Some of them, at least, are coming to realize that purity tests lead nowhere. Good for them, hopefully others will follow and there'll be a gradual re-alignment of their "movement", but it's going to be hard to fight the need to silence and censor since even the most self-aware among them still believe in the idea that dissenting opinions on their dogmas are a threat to their safety.

This idea needs to be buried before any progress in the right direction can happen. Until then all the self-awareness will only be a flash in the pan. And since this idea is closely tied to the deconstruction of mean words as worse than, or just equal to, physical attacks it's going to be a long journey towards a saner approach to politics and society.

The whole culture of celebration of offense, of easy outrage needs to die before any significant improvements can be made. Only after everyone influential is fed up with the outrage-mongers and stops calling for heckling, attacks, disinvitations and censorship then the left can get out of its funk and approach reality again to affect real positive changes.

I see some random positive signals from many sources (most recently, for example, Elizabeth Warren supporting Ann Coulter's right to speak if invited) and it's all fine and dandy, but there needs to be a catalyst for all the disillusionment with identity politics, with easy outrage, clickbait, echo chambers, information bubbles, to turn these random bits of self-awareness into a real reformation of the left. The libertarian, anti-identitarian left needs its own space on the political spectrum.

Bullshit. like the cowards they are, they were happy to go along with this insanity until it affected them. They can fuck off.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

There are a huge difference between bitching about falling foul of a witch-hunt yourself and recognising that witch-hunts are wrong in principle.

That's why people like Benson are irredeemable.

free thoughtpolice

Spike13 wrote:

Please, please let Trump come out and say that...not only would it probably kill Pizzy, the explosion of SJW heads would cause a nuclear winter.
Trump didn't say that but his AG did and it is coincidental that it happened right after Comey confessed to have fucked over Clinton again by imputing that the Weiner/Abedin/Clinton email thing was a big deal when it wasn't.
Trump made no mention of Comey’s role in the Clinton investigation, which she has blamed in part for the election result that put him in the White House. But in announcing the firing, the White House circulated a scathing memo, written by deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, criticizing Comey’s handling of the Clinton probe, including the director’s decision to hold a news conference announcing its findings and releasing “derogatory information” about Clinton.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Guest_84d94f98 wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:"University Sexual Assault Policy Lawsuits"
youtube.com/watch?v=G-RELYnHE1U
Video description:
UBC, how can I sue thee? Let me count the ways. Canada is only trailing the US in campus tribunals in how many lawsuits have been launched. We're about to change that.
Email: diana.lee.davison@gmail.com
Support the Lighthouse Project: https://patreon.com/Lighthouse
Follow me on Twitter: @d2davison
Find me on FaceBook: https://facebook.com/Diana.Davison.LOL
I've seen some of her videos. Not exactly the most compelling of videos to watch and not the most exciting of subjects. The project sounds interesting, I threw her a bone & her patreon bonus is a monthly report. We'll see if she is actually doing anything worth while.
I think it'll go well. She's very motivated, smart, and organized, from what I can see.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Karma, baby ...

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

I woke up suddenly this morning with the funny feeling that SJW-ism is going to become quite unfashionable quite quickly soon.

That's all I've got for the moment.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Steersman wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
Steersman wrote: <snip>
No doubt there are some good parts to globalism, to a world government of sorts. But it depends on what sets of values & principles undergird it - and the EU and their ilk look more and more like an antidemocratic cancer made more virulent by its pandering to Islam: "What rough beast slouches its way towards Bethlehem awaiting its hour to be born" - so to speak. :-)

But ICYMI, an interesting article by Haidt: When and Why Nationalism Beats Globalism
The important thing is freedom vs fascism, and since the current attempt at globalism is a new form of communism and therefore fascist, I'll take a freedom-embracing nationalism any time over a fascist globalism.
I expect some forms of globalism/communism may have some merits - "united we stand, divided we fall" and all that - but, as with most if not all systems, they have their limitations.
The trouble is, it's not united. There's an elite, and there's a strictly controlled populace. The strict control includes population numbers, such as forcing people to have more children than they can afford, and/or killing/abandoning-to-poverty vast numbers whenever it's deemed there are too many. And, not only don't they care about keeping people united (in happiness?), they don't know how to run all the businesses they've stolen from the former capitalist owners anyways. Venezuela is only a mild socialism, and there's already starvation, food lines, and massive shortages of everything.
In any case, just ran across a book recommendation that Assange recently tweeted that you and others might be interested in:
Adults In The Room

My Battle With Europe’s Deep Establishment

Yanis Varoufakis

*** 'One of the greatest political memoirs of all time' (Guardian) ***

What happens when you take on the establishment? In this blistering, personal account, world-famous economist Yanis Varoufakis blows the lid on Europe's hidden agenda and exposes what actually goes on in its corridors of power.

Varoufakis sparked one of the most spectacular and controversial battles in recent political history when, as finance minister of Greece, he attempted to re-negotiate his country’s relationship with the EU. Despite the mass support of the Greek people and the simple logic of his arguments, he succeeded only in provoking the fury of Europe’s political, financial and media elite. But the true story of what happened is almost entirely unknown – not least because so much of the EU’s real business takes place behind closed doors.

In this fearless account, Varoufakis reveals all: an extraordinary tale of brinkmanship, hypocrisy, collusion and betrayal that will shake the deep establishment to its foundations. ....
Disconnecting power from the people who are its source, as the EU rather clearly has done, tends not to end well.
It's always fascism that results.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Service Dog wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote: The guaranteed income is part of the Cloward-Piven Strategy of bringing in communism. The strategy is the lead up to a commie takeover (in this case globalist-communism with supporters among the right - it's not a matter of right and left anymore). It has two parts to it. They bleed the country's money dry in every way they can, followed by a communist 'rescue' when the country's broke.
Cloward & Piven are assholes! In the summer, the vacation & sublet their luxury penthouse apartment overlooking Columbia U.-- to packs of students who can barely afford the rent! I was one of 5-- I didnt even get a room, just the back-half of the dining room. They tried to steal my gf's good pillows! But we retaliated by sneaking porno mags between the pinko sociology books in their fancy professor library. Plus we tagged Claremont Ave with stickers saying "Free The Fox Piven Five", like were were political prisoners. And Calvin Trillan on the ground floor got pissed-off at Cloward & Piven for renting to us.

Commie slumlords!!!
The good pillows, eh? What a bunch of cunts! Those commie slumlords couldn't have spread the wealth of good pillows among all 5 of you equally to begin with? None of you should have had to steal. Don't worry. I'm making a phone call. They'll be sent to the gulags. Meanwhile, I'll just take over the penthouse until the matter is cleared up. I'll have to ask you to not mention this to anyone, do you understand?

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Brive1987 wrote:When was the last proof of life for Mykeru?
This popped up on my subscription page today. I'm not sure what it's about though.

"Why Mykeru Usually Takes the Bicycle"
[youtube][/youtube]

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

CommanderTuvok wrote:Have you Pitters seen Lindy West's (I know - TRIGGER WARNING) latest pile of steaming turd in the Grauniad?

She is moaning that Colbert's joke the other night "can't" be homophobic, because, he's on "the right side", or something, and that the people criticising him are actually alt-right homophobes pretending to be SJWs, or something.
Was Suey Park a deep cover alt-right operative too?

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

I haven't thought of Walter Ego in a while.

Turns out he's been quite busy...

https://preview.ibb.co/bN8bRQ/Screen_Sh ... _57_PM.png

free thoughtpolice

Which of course is not true, creepy not withstanding.

John D

Post by John D »

Haha.... what a great night. First Comey and now this in the WSJ...
Ms. Tuvel weighs several arguments that seek to “justify transgenderism and delegitimize transracialism.” She concludes: “Considerations that support transgenderism seem to apply equally to transracialism,” and therefore society “should also accept transracial individuals’ decisions to change races.”
https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-philosop ... 5?mod=e2fb

John D

Post by John D »

Haha.... what a great night. First Comey and now this in the WSJ...
Ms. Tuvel weighs several arguments that seek to “justify transgenderism and delegitimize transracialism.” She concludes: “Considerations that support transgenderism seem to apply equally to transracialism,” and therefore society “should also accept transracial individuals’ decisions to change races.”
https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-philosop ... 5?mod=e2fb

Guest_440911e7

Post by Guest_440911e7 »

Have you Pitters seen Lindy West's (I know - TRIGGER WARNING) latest pile of steaming turd in the Grauniad?

She is moaning that Colbert's joke the other night "can't" be homophobic, because, he's on "the right side", or something, and that the people criticising him are actually alt-right homophobes pretending to be SJWs, or something.
She was totally okay with Tosh being fired over a rape joke. She never actually said she would fire him, but she made it clear that if he were fired for it, it would just be free speech in action, it wouldn't be some left wing conspiracy.

What I note about this article is how she didn't know how to react, until she checked online with her gay friends, wrote down their responses, then went on TV to repeat their party line as if it were her thoughts, sui generis.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Really?

Post by Really? »

Guest_440911e7 wrote:

She was totally okay with Tosh being fired over a rape joke. She never actually said she would fire him, but she made it clear that if he were fired for it, it would just be free speech in action, it wouldn't be some left wing conspiracy.

What I note about this article is how she didn't know how to react, until she checked online with her gay friends, wrote down their responses, then went on TV to repeat their party line as if it were her thoughts, sui generis.
Lindy "Totally Satisfied in Her Sex Life" West comes off as incoherent, unfunny, hypocritical and unable to hold a thought in her head for more than thirty seconds.

It's ridiculous that a person who can't form a cogent argument is somehow a feminist leader who writes thinkpieces.

[youtube][/youtube]

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

Tigzy wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: It's all about the equivalence between psychological discomfort and personal safety. Being triggered has become part of a continuum that leads you to suicide. The Atheism Plus forum worked in the same way, they called those who disagreed with their dogmas "people who deny our humanity" and so threats to their psychological well-being.
If Ophelia's brainfarts are the kind of 'psychological discomforts' which can lead to suicide, I have to ask...have any of these fuckers actually tried having a job?
That's exactly what occurred to me. If I'm to take them at their word, a day of the work I do would literally kill them stone dead before lunch. The porta-john graffiti alone would have them reaching for their inhalers & anxiety meds.

My main job is "catalyst technician". I do turnarounds at gas plants, changing out the spent catalyst in reactors (I drive trucks part time when at home between catalyst jobs). We stay in hotels near the refinery & work 12s or 13s straight for however many weeks it takes to finish the job. It's hot, dangerous, work.

The crews are rough sorts. All sorts of misgendering & denial of lived experience goes on unchecked. Trump stickers are displayed on hardhats in full view of possible Hillary voters. Most disturbing is the unwoke-as-fuck casual racism that gets mixed into the friendly banter, No one freaks out, fights, or presses charges. They just laugh & segue to the next insult. It's like they're a bunch of little boys who think it's okay to make light of such a deathly serious issue.

My nickname is "swastika" due to my being white without having any hair. I'd protest more, but the cretin who hands out the nicknames goes by the handle of "Shitstain". This is actually a point of pride for him because it puts him in a group of shit-based nicknamers that include a number of the management personnel(Shit-A-Brick, Shitface, Shit-For-Brains, ect). Also, the other new guy got hung with "Peter Griffin" for his appearance, so I'll take my lumps. A few of the gentler souls have taken to calling me Mr Clean when Shitstain isn't around.

What sort of environment would allow these snowflakes to enforce these sentiments in meatspace? College campuses seem to be heading that way but I can't think of any others outside of actual daycares. This feels like status signalling of some sort. As in "my bubble world is so correct & right-on that I block mild wrongthink 'cause my people are too pure & trigger that easily".

Really?

Post by Really? »

Easy J wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
That's exactly what occurred to me. If I'm to take them at their word, a day of the work I do would literally kill them stone dead before lunch. The porta-john graffiti alone would have them reaching for their inhalers & anxiety meds.
Haven't you listened to a thing they say? They are strong independent women who have vagina power in their vaginas. This does not change just because they need a safe space after hearing a dirty joke when they're in a comedy club.

Guest_440911e7

Post by Guest_440911e7 »

Lindy "Totally Satisfied in Her Sex Life" West comes off as incoherent, unfunny, hypocritical and unable to hold a thought in her head for more than thirty seconds.

It's ridiculous that a person who can't form a cogent argument is somehow a feminist leader who writes thinkpieces.
This is from the YouTube transcript of that video, but you should listen to the video since there are two people talking over each other here, Bell and West.

4:55 yeah we're drunk and then there's just a
4:57 dude on the stage being like hey
4:58 wouldn't it be hilarious of everyone
5:00 raped that girl and then everyone laughs
5:02 and then by the way sometimes
5:04 everyone does rape that girl and that's
5:06 a thing that really happens in the world
5:08 like I don't mean that the people in
5:09 that club then like rally and they're
5:11 like I'm not doing anything but I mean
5:13 in the broader scheme of the world this
5:16 is a thing that happens and it's
5:18 actually really trivial trivializing to
5:20 say that mocking and exploiting a rape
5:24 victims trauma to her face because there
5:26 will be women in that audience and
5:28 probably men who've been sexually
5:29 assaulted is the same as like making fun
5:32 of a thing like it's not the same it's
5:35 not and your nicest thing is Hitler what
5:39 do you mean like you weren't being like
5:42 hey wouldn't it be great if someone
5:44 reanimated Hitler and wait and then
5:48 write this down but you knew
5:50 that's week's show we will be doing up
5:51 it's not like you know that a third of
5:54 your audience are like Holocaust
5:56 survivors who like are also being like
5:59 systematically silenced and told not to
6:01 talk about the Holocaust because no one
6:04 wants to hear about it and also you were
6:05 probably kind of asking for the
6:06 Holocaust not just making a joke about a
6:15 thing it's contributing to a culture
6:18 that perpetuates that thing that's and I
6:19 understand why you would say that but

In this we learn it's okay to make holocaust jokes but not rape jokes because:

1. Holocaust victims don't come to her show and so won't be traumatized by Holocaust jokes
2. Holocaust victims and Jews are not told to shut up about the Holocaust

Compare with The Producers, 1967, Blazing Saddles 1974, To Be or Not to Be, 1983, much more Mel Brooks career, and many many other Jewish comedians re: the Holocaust. (google com/search?q=jewish+holocaust+comedian+jokes)

My take from the first point is that so long as no or few rape victims are in the room, it's perfectly fine to make rape jokes. By the same logic, it's okay to make racist jokes as long as your targets are not present.

My take from the second point is that Lindy West is absolutely fucking clueless.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:When was the last proof of life for Mykeru?
This popped up on my subscription page today. I'm not sure what it's about though.

"Why Mykeru Usually Takes the Bicycle"
[y.outube][/youtube]
Call me a wearer of tin foil hats - but I still suspect all evidence to the contrary is fake-Mykeru.

MYKERU IS DEAD.

Maybe