Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Old subthreads
Shatterface

Re: Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Post by Shatterface »

Guest_440911e7 wrote: If alt-right discovers the rest of the tricks, tricks,dramatic irony, metaphor, bathos, puns, parody, litotes and…satire we're all done for.
If the Alt-Right ever masters synecdoche they'll be able muster more boots on the ground.

dogen

Post by dogen »

Shatterface wrote:
Guest_440911e7 wrote: If alt-right discovers the rest of the tricks, tricks,dramatic irony, metaphor, bathos, puns, parody, litotes and…satire we're all done for.
If the Alt-Right ever masters synecdoche they'll be able muster more boots on the ground.
It'll be like Catholics spelling shibboleth without the haitch!

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

deLurch wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Thought this must have been a troll
Nope. It's real http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/20 ... s_and.html
If that is what it takes to wake up the left, sometimes you have to fight fire with fire in psychological war.
I approve of this. If the bomber had been a non-muslim white male lunatic, this is exactly the headline you'd see in feminist media like Shakesville. The posts would be full of analysis talking about toxic masculinity and societal misogyny. Right now at Shakesville they're just sad for the victims. Anger is reserved for white men.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Looks like the UK is afraid the Mennonites might not be done.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

dogen wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: But the symbol used, i, does: look at that thrusting virile shaft, with a blob of freshly launched patriarchal jism!
In some fields j is the preferred symbol for the imaginary unit -- presumably, because it stands for 'johnson'?
It still looks like a penis, albeit a bent one. Maybe it's a queering of the toxic masculinity of the imaginary unit? ...hey, that's a good name for a new bogus gender studies paper!

A CONCEPTUAL QUEERING OF THE TOXIC MASCULINITY OF IMAGINARY UNIT by D. Ogen, L.Suoma and K. Marc

ABSTRACT:

On the basis of Lacan's concept of the square root of -1 as a conceptual phallus and its relation to core negativity of masculine atomized subjectivity, the authors of the paper have analyze how the symbolic use of i, the straight line whose shape reminds of straight, masculine, heteronormative unit, has been substituted in many mathematical and physical uses with the similar yet different symbol j, whose shape, bent and curved from the original straight path, suggests a queer interpretation of subjectivity. Drawing sensibly from the Derridian interpretation of différance, and utilizing Judith Butler's concept of gender performativity a queer analysis of the rupture of the heteronormative patriarchal schemes in mathematics suggests a new approach, defined as conceptual queering, whose aim to revision the symbolic message of the mathematical sciences (based on the phallocentric, toxic masculine concept of "rigor") into a queer, fluid reinterpretation, open to the creative essence of queer experiences.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Often while I'm sitting at my computer, one of the dogs will be sleeping next to me, softly yipping and jerking his leg. My question is: Do dogs know that they're dreaming, or do they wake up remembering(to the extent they can)the dream as a real experience. A few minutes ago I was next to my human, then I was romping with my litter mates trying to get to a teat, and now I'm back with my human.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Re Myers (and apparently the FA)'s refusal to accept the evil of Islamic terrorism. I wonder if this senior lecturer holds as stubbornly to his scientific hypotheses in the face of continued failed experiments?

dogen

Post by dogen »

Brive1987 wrote:Re Myers (and apparently the FA)'s refusal to accept the evil of Islamic terrorism. I wonder if this senior lecturer holds as stubbornly to his scientific hypotheses in the face of continued failed experiments?
s/scientific hypotheses/micropenis/

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Triumps ban on Libyian, Sudanese and Somalian would-bes is looking real stupid now eh?

We had a Somalian refugee arrested yesterday for aligning with ISIS. Good times.

John D

Post by John D »

katamari Damassi wrote:Often while I'm sitting at my computer, one of the dogs will be sleeping next to me, softly yipping and jerking his leg. My question is: Do dogs know that they're dreaming, or do they wake up remembering(to the extent they can)the dream as a real experience. A few minutes ago I was next to my human, then I was romping with my litter mates trying to get to a teat, and now I'm back with my human.
Dogs are smart. And... I would say that most mammals have an innate sense of reality. My dog knows the names of everyone in the house. He knows the names of all of his favorite dog friends (and cat enemies). This kind of behavior must mean that dogs have an underpinning much like ours. They have a sense of consciousness. No one really knows what it is like to be a dog, but in general I think that animals are not at all like Pascal thought of... as simple automatons.

When my dog wakes from a dream he doesn't run around looking for the squirrel he was chasing... he opens his eyes slowly, looks up at me, and then lays his head back down. Just like when I dream.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:I can't be the only one to appreciate the raw spectacular brilliance of "The Wild Geese"?
Was it Roger Moore that brought this on?
Of course. Some of his finest work. I still weep when Faulkner has to kill his friend Janders to save him from a cannibal war horde.

And Moore as Fynn as a great backup.
To be honest I've not seen it. Though I'll make a note to watch it a some point.

I remember him mainly from the 70's / 80's Bond movies. (Which started OK but then became a bit corny as they went on). I'd not seen much of 'The Saint' or any of his other stuff.

But for all that he seemed like a really nice guy.

We can all only hope to be remembered so well - but then again...

[youtube][/youtube]

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

#32 Rat wrote:
No.

"Oh, its one of those BBCode boards" indicates you were somehow taken by surprise by something about this place.

That would conflict with you being a "Long time lurker almost since the beginning". Let me know if I can explain the fucking obvious any further.
Oh, you took a slymepit post at face value. Well done.

I'm really an undercover kekisatani agent. You are in no way are suffering siege mentality. You are a good person and your deductive skills are top notch.
Apologies, I'm a cunt sometimes often.

I'll say it again, I am the Pit's Nerd of Redhead, a junkyard dog who barks at shadows.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:BC America is on the radio right now covering the poor Muslims caught in the backlash. Apparently there have even been dirty looks, the poor bastards. The imam on right now is explaining how very unMuslim killing kaffir is, according to his very unique interpretation of islam. The BBC is holding his feet to the fire by nodding along and agreeing. Good job, BBC!
It would be more interesting to hear from the Imam of this mosque:
[youtube][/youtube]

(I blame to people who brought Tommy Robinson up her for laying to pipes to have me watch him).

Tommy Robinson is hyped up obviously. Where he really goes off the rails though is when he points at all the residences nearby and calls them all enemy combatants who want to kill the kafir. By UK laws on speech, I can understand why he get's his ass thrown in jail a lot, and why they keep an eye on him.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu wrote:
To be honest I've not seen it. Though I'll make a note to watch it a some point.
Oh. :?

In that case forget the Janders reference. I was applying the Welch 40 year spoiler benchmark.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Brive1987 wrote:
rayshul wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:You need new friends.

Pick me.
You're already my friend. :)

:obscene-drinkingcheers:
Get a room. (With a webcam.)

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Trumpoline
Please don't do that. It's insulting to my people.
And by "my people" Phil means...

https://image.ibb.co/k49Yxa/3806123_e6f ... 0a9d32.jpg

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Clarence wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Holy shit. Imagine facing that while sitting in the dock.

Lucky she is too busy lazy to lurch for the court supplied stipend.
I hope the bitch falls down the stairs when she leaves the courthouse.
Rumors are that the judge has removed Becky Watson from the jury pool. Apparently she has been seen celebrating on those very same courthouse steps...

https://preview.ibb.co/niZNqv/Screen_Sh ... _28_PM.png

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Brive1987 wrote:So you are saying that if we were there to beat ISIS we have to eat a #fakewar shit sandwich .....

Or be accused of being a fromage munching surrender monkey. Mon dieu.
Just listen to Kirbmarc.

I used to wonder sometimes how the hell he was the only Westerner who seemed to understand what was going on in Syria. Once he revealed his background it became pretty clear.

In any event he has not misunderstood what is going on. Not even once. Or if he did then we were both wrong.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:So you are saying that if we were there to beat ISIS we have to eat a #fakewar shit sandwich .....

Or be accused of being a fromage munching surrender monkey. Mon dieu.
What I'm saying is that this is yet another unwinnable war, at least unless there's a change of strategy.

Unless there's a pragmatic compromise between the Russians and the US to focus on wiping out ISIS and accept that Assad is likely to stay ISIS is going to survive for a few more years.

Then either Assad is toppled and Syria turns into a Salafi theocracy or a state of anarchy like Lybia, or Assad carries on, massacres a few Sunnis, kills and tortures a few rebels and since he's been weakened by the war he loses control of many areas, which go back to tribal or go forth to Salafi rule.

The Kurds might break away and open yet another can of worms with Turkey.
I am hoping they do. Seriously. But I suspect that they are going to fight a "civil" war once that happens. So I am not going to be the least bit surprised when they do.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Best Roger Moore moment is in The Man Who Haunted Himself when he accidentally dials his own home number... and picks up at the other end.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

deLurch wrote:
(I blame to people who brought Tommy Robinson up her for laying to pipes to have me watch him).

Tommy Robinson is hyped up obviously. Where he really goes off the rails though is when he points at all the residences nearby and calls them all enemy combatants who want to kill the kafir. By UK laws on speech, I can understand why he get's his ass thrown in jail a lot, and why they keep an eye on him.

Call out Tommy all you want but please don't think he's not clued up on this, he's not an idiot, far from it, he's been fighting radical Islam for years, he could quote Quranic scripture at you all day long. He's lived all his life in a town with a large Muslim population and seen first hand how our prison system has been overrun with Islamic extremism.

KenD

Post by KenD »

Suet Cardigan wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Thought this must have been a troll

Nope. It's real
http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/20 ... s_and.html
I've only just realised that those are two different articles by different authors.

http://www.salon.com/2017/05/23/manches ... -on-girls/

You've got to love Salon's comment section.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/287p4j0i9eebf ... .jpg?raw=1
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eitooi079kwn0 ... .jpg?raw=1

Isn't it nice to see people addressing the real problems, and not the trivial off-topic side issue of radical Islam?

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

We're getting pissed off .. Never a good idea to piss us off too much.

[youtube][/youtube]

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Shatterface wrote:Best Roger Moore moment is in The Man Who Haunted Himself when he accidentally dials his own home number... and picks up at the other end.
I heard an anecdote of when he was working on a film with a real prima dona actor (I'm not sure who). Finally Moore decided to have a word in private with the guy.

Who then said to Moore:
"I'm not in this business to win a popularity contest, I just want to be a good actor"

To which Moore replied:
"Well, you've failed at being a good actor. Why not try for the popularity contest?"

That pretty much qualifies as good Moore moment, I think

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Things are escalating.

The 12th Hipster Ready Reaction Force has been deployed.

http://i.imgur.com/49aSQ2h.jpg

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

shoutinghorse wrote:
deLurch wrote:

Call out Tommy all you want but please don't think he's not clued up on this, he's not an idiot, far from it, he's been fighting radical Islam for years, he could quote Quranic scripture at you all day long. He's lived all his life in a town with a large Muslim population and seen first hand how our prison system has been overrun with Islamic extremism.
I was not quibbling about the prison system, or questioning his knowledge of islam.

What I question is when he says this:
When you see these communities and you see these houses, you think this is a British community, or you might have British Muslims. They are, they are enemy combatants in these houses, in these houses are enemy combatants who want to kill you maim you and destroy you they want to destroy our way of life.
I think he paints too broad a brush stroke with those comments. I don't believe all of the residents in those buildings he is pointing at are all enemy combatants who want to kill and maim us.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

So to follow up with a question @shoutinghorse, do you think that quoted statement from Tommy is on the nose, or too far, or just a foot over the line, or on the line?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

deLurch wrote:So to follow up with a question @shoutinghorse, do you think that quoted statement from Tommy is on the nose, or too far, or just a foot over the line, or on the line?
Does your nose run and your feet smell?

#32 Rat

Post by #32 Rat »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:

I'll say it again, I am the Pit's Nerd of Redhead, a junkyard dog who barks at shadows.
Whoa, an apology is not necessary. Comparing yourself to Nerd of Redhead sets a world record in the humbleness Olympics. I cant compete with that. Nerd is one of PZ's many posters I imagine as a troll, purely for my own mental health.

(Did I apologize enough for my part, without actually apologizing? Yes. Yes, I did.)

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Oglebart wrote:He was the son of Libyan refugees, although born and raised in Manchester. Interested to see how this affects the election campaign.
I've seen a few on the left hint that the bombing was somehow engineered, a la The Falklands War, which is perceived to have helped Thatcher win in '83. The fact that the Argies initiated the attack, doesn't seem to factor in their logic.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

A new Jenny Kiss video, not sure how much of this is accurate or is just speculation. A barf bag on standby may be in order.
[youtube][/youtube]

Pseudomonas

Post by Pseudomonas »

Za-zen wrote:Can't even get angry about this shit anymore, it's just insane. I have a lot of family in manchester, all now who have kids who'd be of that kind of concert age. So first thing I did was reach out to make sure everyone was whole.
I have nieces and nephews back in the UK, who live in Northern England, are in the right demographic and were going to the concert - but I've just heard that thankfully, their mum wouldn't drive them/loan the oldest her car on a school night.
Za-zen wrote: It's fucking heartbreaking.
Utterly true.

Pseudomonas

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

LOL! Did not take Friendly Atheist to do the "Look, a Christian says nasty things!" take on the MUSLIM terrorist act:

Christian Extremist: The Manchester Victims Were “Sluts,” “Whores,” and Sodomy Lovers

Every fucking time. Always, always, must bring it back to the straight white Christian male, the one and only true evil in the world.

Because feminism is simply about women being equal to men.

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

Brive1987 wrote:Triumps ban on Libyian, Sudanese and Somalian would-bes is looking real stupid now eh?

We had a Somalian refugee arrested yesterday for aligning with ISIS. Good times.
Here's the problem with that. It's not the immigrants themselves that are the problem. I mean yeah..some are...but it's not the big problem..

It's their kids. (It's your kids Marty!)

That's where the issue is. That's why I think the problem is not one of radicals coming over the border, but of a lack of strategy for integration resulting in a radicalization of second-generation immigrants.

Again, another unpopular statement. It's possible that your Tommy Robinson's are not helping in this regard. Certainly, the issues predate him, and he's taking a reactionary stance (reactionary in a purely descriptive way, not meaning it as an insult) but still..he may not be helping in this regard.

But then again, it does become a numbers game. You can't integrate too many people at once, otherwise they congregate into their own removed communities. Personally? I think in Europe expectations of integration need to be raised, I think that's the solution. It's not even just numbers. It's that if you want to come in, you have to WANT to integrate, studies have to be done on what works and what doesn't work, and people need to be led down that path.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:snip

As well as sniffing arseholes, licking your balls, and humping the legs of Guests.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Brive1987 wrote:
The internet equivalent of rubbing his nose in the puddle he left on the carpet... now we need a rolled up newspaper.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Brive1987 wrote:As expected ,PZ dropped the cone of silence re Manchester. He must feel the fraud he is. I swear the last Islamic terror attack he mentioned was his "can't say what any reanable person would because the flying monkeys that gather at my blog would lose their collective shit" on the Paris cafe onslaught.
FTFY

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

MacGruberKnows wrote:LOL! Did not take Friendly Atheist to do the "Look, a Christian says nasty things!" take on the MUSLIM terrorist act:
Christian Extremist: The Manchester Victims Were “Sluts,” “Whores,” and Sodomy Lovers
Every fucking time. Always, always, must bring it back to the straight white Christian male, the one and only true evil in the world.
Did he take on the muslims saying pretty much the same exact thing?

I can try and find it again if you think it has any currency.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

free thoughtpolice wrote:A new Jenny Kiss video, not sure how much of this is accurate or is just speculation. A barf bag on standby may be in order.
[youtube][/youtube]
I thought that Harley was the other one on their mushroom-death inducing chat stream.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Spike13 wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:As expected ,PZ dropped the cone of silence re Manchester. He must feel the fraud he is. I swear the last Islamic terror attack he mentioned was his "can't say what any reanable person would because the flying monkeys that gather at my blog would lose their collective shit" on the Paris cafe onslaught.
FTFY
Dude - if you're going to FTFYify a post, you must make it crystal clear where the change is.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Just started this article: https://theamericanscholar.org/on-polit ... rrectness/

Interesting so far.

free thoughtpolice

deLurch wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:A new Jenny Kiss video, not sure how much of this is accurate or is just speculation. A barf bag on standby may be in order.
[youtube][/youtube]
I thought that Harley was the other one on their mushroom-death inducing chat stream.
If I've heard right Harley was at the scene of the murder but was unharmed, Heather (Ivy) was the victim, and the third girl was on stream from Australia and was the one that McDerp Kiss is speculating/accusing her of causing Heather's death by accusing her of poisoning the Russian Douchebag, and him retaliating.
Who would have thought that dedicating your adult life to pretending to be a fucked up cartoon character could turn out so wrong?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Lsuoma wrote:
Spike13 wrote:
FTFY
Dude - if you're going to FTFYify a post, you must make it crystal clear where the change is.
What's particularly egregious is that he spelt a word incorrectly.

:snooty:

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Brive1987 wrote:Things are escalating.

Look at the slyly smug smirk on that chick on the right. This is beyond virtue signalling, it's fucking virtue graffiti. Easy, thoughtless, and meaningless displays of emotional territory.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Brive1987 wrote:

Publik skool

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Brive1987 wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Spike13 wrote:
FTFY

Brive, I'm here if you need a scrotum to cry on.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

KiwiInOz wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:snip

As well as sniffing arseholes, licking your balls, and humping the legs of Guests.
Like you wouldn't lick my balls given the chance. And I'm in good company, here's Brive enjoying a slurp on the old yogurt factories:

https://image.ibb.co/gWHaSa/hqdefault.jpg

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

deLurch wrote:
MacGruberKnows wrote:LOL! Did not take Friendly Atheist to do the "Look, a Christian says nasty things!" take on the MUSLIM terrorist act:
Did he take on the muslims saying pretty much the same exact thing?

I can try and find it again if you think it has any currency.
Every single time some jihadi goatfucker murders scores of innocent civilians, Hemant posts a video of some fringe fundie christian saying the victims deserved it.

Except it's the jihadi goatfuckers doing all the mass murdering, Hemant, you cunt.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

#32 Rat wrote:

Whoa, an apology is not necessary. Comparing yourself to Nerd of Redhead sets a world record in the humbleness Olympics. I cant compete with that. Nerd is one of PZ's many posters I imagine as a troll, purely for my own mental health.

(Did I apologize enough for my part, without actually apologizing? Yes. Yes, I did.)
I fucking love Nerd. He has honestly given me so many giggles over the years, especially when he used to talk about his late wife doing some routine task in a non-standard manner. As much as he clearly loved her, you could tell she got his blood pressure spiking with her womanly idiocy.

RIP Redhead, and I haven't seen Nerd over there for a while (he began posting mostly on Lynna's subthread when he clearly realized that Meyers is a cunt). I sincerely hope he's okay. Or, at least, that we find out who he really is once he finally flooshes. I'd definitely send a few flowers to his funeral from the Pit.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote:Things are escalating.

Christ, what the fuck is that hand symbol?

And anyone wearing that butterfly shirt ought to be shot on sight.

free thoughtpolice

#32 Rat wrote:

I fucking love Nerd. He has honestly given me so many giggles over the years, especially when he used to talk about his late wife doing some routine task in a non-standard manner. As much as he clearly loved her, you could tell she got his blood pressure spiking with her womanly idiocy.
Me too. He strikes as a goofy guy that is well meaning. Kind of an SJW Forrest Gump.

RIP Redhead, and I haven't seen Nerd over there for a while (he began posting mostly on Lynna's subthread when he clearly realized that Meyers is a cunt). I sincerely hope he's okay. Or, at least, that we find out who he really is once he finally flooshes. I'd definitely send a few flowers to his funeral from the Pit.

free thoughtpolice

Me too. He strikes as a goofy guy that is well meaning. Kind of an SJW Forrest Gump.
Inserted into wrong place :drool:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

It's a heart, I think.

https://ak6.picdn.net/shutterstock/vide ... umb/10.jpg

Or a ripped, gaping anus...

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Oh, and martial law has been imposed on Mindanao - clashes between the army and goatfuckers supporting IS.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-40022529

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Lsuoma wrote:It's a heart, I think.

From what I remember, you would be the expert on that subject.

free thoughtpolice

It sort of looks like an angry dinosaur fight.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Christ, what the fuck is that hand symbol?
https://imgoat.com/uploads/f0e3dad999/18643.jpeg
It is the heart hand sign twitch gamer girls give out every time you give them a tip in order to encourage their watchers to give more money. I can't think of a more blatant visualization of false feelings and signalling.

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

deLurch wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Christ, what the fuck is that hand symbol?
https://imgoat.com/uploads/f0e3dad999/18643.jpeg
It is the heart hand sign twitch gamer girls give out every time you give them a tip in order to encourage their watchers to give more money. I can't think of a more blatant visualization of false feelings and signalling.
Jesus man, it's just a cute hand signal :)

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Lsuoma wrote:It's a heart, I think.

It would take minimal effort to have that recognised as yet another white power salute.