Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Old subthreads
Brive1987

Re: Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Post by Brive1987 »

Ahh. Was going to put a page up outlining the fall of Benson and FtB with a timeline linked to posts.

Hit some scaling issues in Wix so it remains a work in progress. I got this far.

Benson's posts in pink. Commentary reads from bottom up.

http://i.imgur.com/q7iheIM.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I felt at the time this would have been the appropriate associated graphic of Ophie

http://i.imgur.com/s5cRahR.jpg

Really?

Post by Really? »

You can hear the dhimmi in the background blowing their whistles to summon the faithful jihadis who will be happy to remove their clits, but Milo gave a speech against the anti-woman activist Linda Sarsour.

[youtube][/youtube]

Guest_84d94f98

Post by Guest_84d94f98 »

Really? wrote:After watching the video, I salute Laci for trying to think for herself for the first time in several years, but I can't help but think:

Why the fuck are so many mainstream thought leaders 23 years old? Why the fuck are so many of the thoughts and convictions of 23 year olds folded into our cultural values? (And many of these insane crazy lunatics are minors!)

In the good old days, we all had time to be a dumb kid. No one gave a fuck what we thought about the world. We said and did stupid shit. Then we grew up a little bit. Maybe then we could start to have some influence. Pretty soon, Buzzfeed is going to hire middle-schoolers as journalists. (If they haven't already.)
2 Reasons:
1. They grew up with this technology. Having it simply available isn't enough for the older adults. They have spent their preteens playing around with making videos, talking with their friends, trying things out, seeing what works & doesn't work, making mistakes. It is almost 2nd hand to them. It is a skill they have been learning their whole lives.

2. Controversy. Saying outrageous controversial stuff on hotfire topics gets attention, clicks and eventually an audience if you master it. They are at the age were they are just going to fire off from the cuff, screw up and have fun with the controversy. Older adults have to worry about supporting families. For them success was finding a good job, fitting in, keeping your head down and earning that pay and keeping that job. You want to keep that nice job? Don't stir the pot. (See prior recent posts from other people here about HR. Don't rock the boat).

Nutritiously yours,
-Soylent

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Really? wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:This seems like a channel many of you would like, and I wouldn't be surprised if one of you was "Internet Historian" (Meme Be Upon Him).

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR1D15 ... QRw/videos
Sadly, I am not him. I wish I were. I know it sounds weird, but this is a very important kind of effort. (The accent is different from that rogue who called the BBC and said Dark Raider was eating watermelon, right?)

These arguments, including the ones in the A/S sphere are sometimes so fucking complicated that normies and those on the fringe need a summary. I didn't know about Habbo. Now I do. It's hilarious. No one involved is a Nazi. The point is to fuck with people who can't take a joke or who take themselves way too seriously.
I hadn't heard of Habbo either, and that was fucking hilarious!

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Brive1987 wrote:I felt at the time this would have been the appropriate associated graphic of Ophie

https://preview.ibb.co/jofTXa/ezgif_com ... to_gif.gif[/url]

ConcentratedH2O, OM

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:I felt at the time this would have been the appropriate associated graphic of Ophie

https://preview.ibb.co/jofTXa/ezgif_com ... to_gif.gif[/url]
I'm not sure if I meme'd correctly, so let me stick with a safe LOL. :lol:

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Today I broke up with the woman Ive been seeing since Fall. She grew up in Japan's nightclubs, around organized crime. Was expected to look after herself for a few days alone, at 12, in Bangkok. Was once in a mafia car chase-- huge gold American boat (Lincoln or Caddy) surrounded by bosozoku bikers trying to smash the windows. She built a business in street-fashion. And is regarded like royalty by all the derelicts, dealers, immigrants & old-timers on the block. And she's sexy like Ma-Ma from the Judge Dredd movie.
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/zyVUBFgCRAw/maxresdefault.jpg

She's a solid person-- level-headed. And a wizard in the kitchen. And lives humbly, like a monk. Avoids hard drugs. And no cop could scare her into snitching. And she wears Vans sneakers to red carpet events. And her personal politics, manners, & values... are as impeccable as our pit-brother John D. Clearly, Im proud she had anything to do with me.

So Im an idiot for dropping her. But I cant figure out how to integrate her into my life. Im broke, unemployed, havent cleared old warrants & my id's are still screwed-up. Ive been falling off my diet & stopped exercising. Apparently, I cant juggle lighthearted hanging-out... with getting my shit together.

I dont know if there's some motive Im not acknowledging... maybe deep in my gut, it's that she's too old to have a kid? Am I broken-inside or too old & used-up to do the true love thing again? Dunno. Im happy when Im with her, but late at night, 3/4 asleep, I was like gottabreakupgottaGetMyShitTogethergottagetout

feathers

Post by feathers »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Correction; PZ said it was a hoax but I think he probably just labeled it that way because he doesn't like EP. Whether it is valid or not it is nowhere near as ridiculous sounding as the Penis Construct one.
PZ is definitely mocking the field.
PZ wrote:Oh, boy. How could a sexual behavior persist that diverts mating efforts in a direction that does not produce children? It’s a mystery.

I can’t wait until the authors learn that heterosexual couples indulge in cunnilingus and fellatio. Their minds will be, umm, blown.
Is that a non-sequitur I see before me?
But wait! There’s more hilarity! This is a paper about “The evolution of female same-sex attraction”. Where did lesbians come from, they wonder. What a conundrum! Why would women prefer each other’s company, rather than a man’s? Lesbians can’t put a baby in their tummy! They resolve this problem easily, by suggesting that men provided the selection pressure to favor lesbian genes. It’s all about the cucks.
Because sexual selection is totally the same as 'preferring someone's company'.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Really? wrote:
[Note: the board's spell check doesn't recognize "analingus". I consider this a phpBB microaggression. They need that useless Ada chick post haste.]
You could have gone with rimjob.

Oh, no, not recognized either. Something's wrong here.

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

Za-zen wrote:It's always great to have some wanker who knows fuck all about the tragedy that was/is the Irish conflict, pontificate about the evil IRA. I grew up in it, it was my everyday life, as both a child, and a young adult.

Conflict is disgusting, inhuman and its product is always suffering beyond imagination. I weep (and have done literally) for each and every life lost in conflict i have been involved in. I have worn both the uniform of a national army, and at another time engaged in armed conflict as a volunteer. I look with disdain on the tosspots who parade up and down streets with their medals pinned to their chests, i feel no need to bask in the glory of my "heroic deeds", as a wanker in a uniform paid to end other peoples existence. Nor do i attend commemorations or other such glorification/communal circle jerks. Mostly i feel regret, and sorrow at the young retards with their heads filled with shit who march off to whatever their local recruiting station may be.
You know - I kind of wish I'd got as far as this post before I replied to your last one. If only for the new information that I was "some wanker" as well as being an "Idiot". It's always good to know what one is.

The new pit by-line above is actually appropriate for this conversation and where we are now with it. I'm going to add being an "arsehole"to my list of epithets, but, hey, this is the pit, we've both been here for a good while, so I'm going there. You're dissonant on this 'troubles' issue. You know it and that's why you come here.

Given the adversarial nature of our interaction, plus the snark, I know I'm not placed to have a constructive conversation now. But I actually do kind of wish you well with it, and I perceive that you partly come to the pit to resolve it. If you really were as stuck in the Derry Bogside of circa the mid-1970's mentality as you sometimes make out then why would you keep coming to a forum where you'll meet people from all places including the ghastly idiot-wanker Brits.

If you really think that once having been a "volunteer" (!?) means that you are doomed to post repetitions of the same old black-and-white propaganda for the rest of your life, then how come you choose to spend time at a forum which, if it is about one thing, is about the potential of exercising your individual agency to transcend the childhood or college indoctrination you may have had ?

Even McGuinness managed to learn to see things differently (or at least to express things differently), that he became half of the chuckle brothers. Fucking McGuinness managed it !

In the meantime, feel free to post shit against "The Brits". No harm done. This is the pit. Not a safe space. Not my business and I don't care. There's a whole new set of "volunteers" that I have to worry about now. But at some point you're going to have to decide - do you want to keep glorifying this or do you want to put it behind you ?

feathers

Post by feathers »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Watch out for small dogs and cats around these guys, especially if they have open area to drop in on them.
Now don't be silly, subs don't 'drop in' on your cat or dog, unless it's swimming.

feathers

Post by feathers »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:Watch out for small dogs and cats around these guys, especially if they have open area to drop in on them.
I mean eagles, not submarines. :twatson:
Ah, right.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Service Dog wrote:Today I broke up with the woman Ive been seeing since Fall. She grew up in Japan's nightclubs, around organized crime. Was expected to look after herself for a few days alone, at 12, in Bangkok. Was once in a mafia car chase-- huge gold American boat (Lincoln or Caddy) surrounded by bosozoku bikers trying to smash the windows. She built a business in street-fashion. And is regarded like royalty by all the derelicts, dealers, immigrants & old-timers on the block. And she's sexy like Ma-Ma from the Judge Dredd movie.

She's a solid person-- level-headed. And a wizard in the kitchen. And lives humbly, like a monk. Avoids hard drugs. And no cop could scare her into snitching. And she wears Vans sneakers to red carpet events. And her personal politics, manners, & values... are as impeccable as our pit-brother John D. Clearly, Im proud she had anything to do with me.

So Im an idiot for dropping her. But I cant figure out how to integrate her into my life. Im broke, unemployed, havent cleared old warrants & my id's are still screwed-up. Ive been falling off my diet & stopped exercising. Apparently, I cant juggle lighthearted hanging-out... with getting my shit together.

I dont know if there's some motive Im not acknowledging... maybe deep in my gut, it's that she's too old to have a kid? Am I broken-inside or too old & used-up to do the true love thing again? Dunno. Im happy when Im with her, but late at night, 3/4 asleep, I was like gottabreakupgottaGetMyShitTogethergottagetout
I should be the last guy giving relationship advice but here goes... My guess is that you fear being rejected because of those things you mentioned eg. "falling off diet & stopped exercising, etc..." Maybe there's intimacy fears involved as well. My advice is to open up to her about these things and see if they're deal breakers for her. If they are then you were right to begin with, and if not then you have a chance at happiness with her. Also in your situation, and today's world, do you really want to have a child?

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

BTW-she sounds awesome.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Dude if it's enjoyable just do it

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

If you want to see eagles go to the garbage dump in Delta, BC. You can see a thousand of them in the dump on a cold winter day. Coming back from the ferries on HWY 17 I saw a place - a few miles from the Delta dump and a couple of miles before HWy 99 (I-5 in Washington) that had mounds of - manure?, rotting bark mulch?, not sure it was dusk and the piles of stuff were a few hundred yards off of the HWY, but, lot's of eagles crawling all over the mounds of crap. Must have been a hundred that I could see on the mounds of crap and another hundred circling in the air. Anyway, I found a video of the place that shows the bald eagle in all of it's garbage covered glory:

[youtube][/youtube]

Worst thing ever about bald eagles? Fuckers do not seem to want to eat pigeons. So we have millions of pigeons shitting all over everything.. How hard is it for an eagle to kill and eat a fucking pigeon? Apparently bald eagles would rather eat garbage than eat pigeons. Assholes.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

katamari Damassi wrote:BTW-she sounds awesome.
Agree and agree.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Ape+lust wrote:When Laci does that "both sides do it" thing, she ought to remember it wasn't the anti-s who scared her off Tumblr and into real-life hiding. She had to apologize, appease, and ultimately join the justice warriors to keep wearing her skin. And as she mentioned, she still has scary encounters with strangers in parking lots because of 5 YEAR OLD incidents.

She should buy a gun if she doesn't already have one, and remember it wasn't Shitlords who gave her reason to need it.
Very true, I guess it's a process though, right? She'll soon enough realise that the difference is the fringe element has control on the SJW side and this distinction is important because it sets the tone for the culture around it.

Tbh in that latest video she seems to be trying to hold on to a part of her identity as a feminist, similar to Cassie Jaye in her documentary. Ought to be interesting.

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

feathers wrote:
Easy J wrote:They still have padlocks with a plastic body. They don't have any thump when swung in a sock but you can still grip them with the metal ring over a knuckle & ping someone pretty good with them. Given his granola-hippy physique & solid middle class breeding, I'm sure he'll be having his privilege (& reality) checked soon enough.
Is this experience speaking?
No, sir. I have more of a gymnast's physique & a rather humble family background.

Malky

Post by Malky »

<Snip>
[Note: the board's spell check doesn't recognize "analingus". I consider this a phpBB microaggression. They need that useless Ada chick post haste.][/quote]

Just say a good rimming instead

Malky

Post by Malky »

Interesting report on BBC today:

Kushner 'discussed secret line to Moscow' - US media reports

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40068137

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Shives has a Minds channel, if you like your Steve edgier, with more swagger. 'Cause we all do.

https://www.minds.com/Steve_Shives

Random posts:

http://imgur.com/AC0GwvG.png

http://imgur.com/YKGDZ0Z.png

Injustices OF marginalized people?

http://imgur.com/BIVVuLm.png

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Here's a disgrace. This:

http://imgur.com/q19viUb.png

http://www.wweek.com/uncategorized/2017 ... ar-chavez/

...begat this:

http://imgur.com/5PGLWCc.png

http://www.portlandmercury.com/blogtown ... mette-week

...and now the burrito vendor has shut down.

The hit piece's author is getting pushback. Check out her veiled threat to a business owner who criticizes her:

http://imgur.com/QlpMW9M.png

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Service Dog wrote:Today I broke up with the woman Ive been seeing since Fall. She grew up in Japan's nightclubs, around organized crime. Was expected to look after herself for a few days alone, at 12, in Bangkok. Was once in a mafia car chase-- huge gold American boat (Lincoln or Caddy) surrounded by bosozoku bikers trying to smash the windows. She built a business in street-fashion. And is regarded like royalty by all the derelicts, dealers, immigrants & old-timers on the block. And she's sexy like Ma-Ma from the Judge Dredd movie.

OK. You have been floundering around for a while. We have had plenty of discussions here on the pit. It seems like you have a good work ethic. Do an excellent job when you have work. But without focus or direction you are kind of bumbling about.

Discussions are not quite fully doing the trick. I have been pondering this for a couple months. I wanted to see if Jordan Peterson's "Future Self Authoring" program would do you any good. He says it has had measurable results on college students.

This is an explanation of the program:
[youtube][/youtube]

They don't review the information you put in. It is entirely private to you & only stored for your own personal future reference.

The Future Authoring program was only $15. When I checked the website, it appears the full past, present & future programs were being offered at a 2 for 1 $30 rate. I went ahead and pulled the trigger.

I will give you the code for the 2nd account if you:
1) Promise to do the Future Authoring program (4-5 hours)
2) Give us a general review of what you thought of the program when you are done.
3) Give us an update of how you are doing in 6 months (that should not be hard since you hang out here) so we can see if it might have had any positive or neutral affect.

It is already purchased. Sunk cost. So all you have to do is say yes.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!

Malky

Post by Malky »

We seem to be having a slow afternoon - quite a gap between posts

USA is getting dangerous for decent white knight it seems:

Portland deaths: Two stabbed trying to stop anti-Muslim abuseX

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40070319

from the Jared Kushner story I posted earlier:
'What if back-channel had come off' - By BBC's Anthony Zurcher
Imagine, for a moment, that Jared Kushner and Michael Flynn had succeeded in setting up secure communications with Russia that bypassed US government channels.
The past few months might have turned out very differently.
Mr Flynn's late December contact with Ambassador Sergei Kislyak to discuss the recently imposed punitive sanctions on Russia for meddling in the presidential election likely would not have been intercepted up by US intelligence surveillance.
Without that intercept there would have been no urgent meeting between acting attorney general Sally Yates and Trump administration officials to discuss Mr Flynn's possible susceptibility to Russian blackmail.
There would have been no leaks to the US media that eventually exposed Mr Flynn as having been less than forthcoming about those conversations to the public and Vice-President Mike Pence. Mr Trump likely wouldn't have felt compelled to fire Flynn from his national security adviser job in mid-February - a move the president reportedly still regrets.
In this scenario Mr Flynn - who accepted money to advocate for Turkish interests last year and is currently under FBI investigation - could be in a top White House post to this very day.
Just imagine.
Just imagine indeed

John D

Post by John D »

Sorry it didn't work out Dog. She sounds really cool. I have no particular advice for you. I would like to say that you are one of the pitters that keeps me here. I think you are a special person. Clever, funny, and unique.

The true love thing is funny. My wife has some pretty serious health problems. At this point in my life I am 100% dedicated to her. We have been together over 35 years. I have no choice in this. My loyalty and honor to her is so strong it hits me like an emotional wave. I just can't imagine cheating on her. But, I really do expect to outlive her by decades. I think I will move on when she is gone. I joke about finding a nice liberal Christian lady with a good butt who likes to cook. Haha.

If I hadn't met my wife when I was very young and sort of depressed I don't think I would have this bond. Just luck I think. I am super lucky.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

piginthecity wrote:
Za-zen wrote:It's always great to have some wanker who knows fuck all about the tragedy that was/is the Irish conflict, pontificate about the evil IRA. I grew up in it, it was my everyday life, as both a child, and a young adult.

Conflict is disgusting, inhuman and its product is always suffering beyond imagination. I weep (and have done literally) for each and every life lost in conflict i have been involved in. I have worn both the uniform of a national army, and at another time engaged in armed conflict as a volunteer. I look with disdain on the tosspots who parade up and down streets with their medals pinned to their chests, i feel no need to bask in the glory of my "heroic deeds", as a wanker in a uniform paid to end other peoples existence. Nor do i attend commemorations or other such glorification/communal circle jerks. Mostly i feel regret, and sorrow at the young retards with their heads filled with shit who march off to whatever their local recruiting station may be.
You know - I kind of wish I'd got as far as this post before I replied to your last one. If only for the new information that I was "some wanker" as well as being an "Idiot". It's always good to know what one is.

The new pit by-line above is actually appropriate for this conversation and where we are now with it. I'm going to add being an "arsehole"to my list of epithets, but, hey, this is the pit, we've both been here for a good while, so I'm going there. You're dissonant on this 'troubles' issue. You know it and that's why you come here.

Given the adversarial nature of our interaction, plus the snark, I know I'm not placed to have a constructive conversation now. But I actually do kind of wish you well with it, and I perceive that you partly come to the pit to resolve it. If you really were as stuck in the Derry Bogside of circa the mid-1970's mentality as you sometimes make out then why would you keep coming to a forum where you'll meet people from all places including the ghastly idiot-wanker Brits.

If you really think that once having been a "volunteer" (!?) means that you are doomed to post repetitions of the same old black-and-white propaganda for the rest of your life, then how come you choose to spend time at a forum which, if it is about one thing, is about the potential of exercising your individual agency to transcend the childhood or college indoctrination you may have had ?

Even McGuinness managed to learn to see things differently (or at least to express things differently), that he became half of the chuckle brothers. Fucking McGuinness managed it !

In the meantime, feel free to post shit against "The Brits". No harm done. This is the pit. Not a safe space. Not my business and I don't care. There's a whole new set of "volunteers" that I have to worry about now. But at some point you're going to have to decide - do you want to keep glorifying this or do you want to put it behind you ?
Don't take the "idiot thing personal you cunt. I'm going to have to add an LOL after that, so you get the tone with which I say it, you stupid ignorant tosspot.

The whole Irish thing rarely arises on the Pit, and it is the farthest reason as to why i pop on here. I'm a pit poster since we polluted Abby's. I have written about the irish conflict previously, and to be honest, i'm too lazy at the moment to post a tome on it. Suffice to say, i'm most certainly not stuck in the past, and am wholly disengaged from the politics of the North, i find the "national" question tedious, and it really only arose again because tits made the erronious assertion that the IRA and ISIS were comparable. That's laughable, and it's also why i introduced the Brits into that nonsense. Do i believe the Brits to be comparable to ISIS of course I do not, lol. But that is the whole god damn point (smiley face)

I ain't giving you a blowjob to make you feel better though.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

There may be hope for Danielle Muscato after all:
snuffcurry
26 May 2017 at 10:05 pm
basic assumption that lesbian preferences have nothing to do with women’s choices, but are entirely a consequence of males selecting for women who do not like sex with them, and would prefer sex with people who do not have a penis.
(Notes from my lesbian clit: I’m a lesbian, it says so right there in my NBC, and I’m fine with penises and the sex0ring of them so long as they’re attached to women. Foiled again, sad baby men!)

Mr. X, Indeed

Post by Mr. X, Indeed »

Ape+lust wrote:Here's a disgrace. This:

http://imgur.com/q19viUb.png

http://www.wweek.com/uncategorized/2017 ... ar-chavez/

...begat this:

http://imgur.com/5PGLWCc.png

http://www.portlandmercury.com/blogtown ... mette-week

...and now the burrito vendor has shut down.

The hit piece's author is getting pushback. Check out her veiled threat to a business owner who criticizes her:

http://imgur.com/QlpMW9M.png

Hippies making burritos is cultural appropriation? Never mind that no one knows exactly from where burritos came.

These women watched people making burritos and came home and put in the work to make them themselves. How dreadful. Making tortillas is pretty basic shit but takes a lot of practice to do really well. Most places just order them.
Jagger Blaec wrote:Another commenter explained what’s basically a sad truth underlying the Portland restaurant community: “If you knew anything of the restaurant industry (or Google) you'd know that this is true. ‘Ethnic’ chefs are expected to ‘cook from their ethnic backgrounds’ while White chefs can do what these two horrid women did: vacation somewhere and ‘get inspired’ and appropriate an entire culture's cuisine and claim it as their own.”
Bullshit. I've worked with and for chefs of all sorts of ethnic backgrounds cooking all sorts of food. What matters is that they can produce the food, hit costs, and put butts in seats. If Jagger Blaec is worried about exploitation of Mexicans in restaurants she should go into the kitchens and talk to the illegals being paid under the table. Hell, she could spend some time working there and experience the conditions first hand.

It's easier to bitch about people making the "wrong" food instead. I guess she feels that white chefs should only cook from their white backgrounds.

Guest_440911e7

Post by Guest_440911e7 »

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Difficult to imagine how Kooks burritos in Portland caused harm to the women of Puerto Nuevo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Guest_440911e7 wrote:
Wow, this guy has balls! Lots of respect.

free thoughtpolice

Malky wrote:Interesting report on BBC today:

Kushner 'discussed secret line to Moscow' - US media reports

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40068137
:nin: you by posting the story in the Trump Dump yesterday.
The story now is that Kushner doesn't remember the conversation.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/2 ... cts-238877
Talking with the Russian ambassador to set up a "backchannel" to keep the enemy (CIA and FBI) from listening in is such a minor thing I could see that slipping his mind. :drool:
This conversation reportedly was on a line that the russians knew was monitored, so it may have been a false story that the russians planted to cause trouble.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

d4m10n wrote:Difficult to imagine how Kooks burritos in Portland caused harm to the women of Puerto Nuevo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Cultural appropriation erases people of color's contributions in favor of white colonialism hemogony. Their very culture gets diluted by whiteness. Whites can do no good, only harm, and all nations were peaceful matriarchies, in tune with nature before polluted by toxic whiteness.

That is at least what college is trying to teach my eldest. Fortunately she seems to resist becoming indoctrinated. But on the negative side, I have to listen to her complain about it. Could be worse.

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

Re Tortilal nazis

What baffle me is those women in Puerto Nuevo would make flour tortillas and not corn tortillas. Im not too knowledgable on this, so please correct me if im wrong, but in Mexico, isn't floor tortilla considered an americanized version? Last time i went to Mexico the only place i saw flour tortillas was in grocery store. Restaurants, taqueria, food truck, etc were all serving corn tortillas.

Guest_440911e7

Post by Guest_440911e7 »

What baffle me is those women in Puerto Nuevo would make flour tortillas and not corn tortillas. Im not too knowledgable on this, so please correct me if im wrong, but in Mexico, isn't floor tortilla considered an americanized version? Last time i went to Mexico the only place i saw flour tortillas was in grocery store. Restaurants, taqueria, food truck, etc were all serving corn tortillas.
Yes, it's very likely the Mexicans were "culturally appropriating" from many diverse sources in order to bring to market their take on a popular dish, the same as the Portland women.

It's also like that it is quite racist of the black chick who thinks Burritos => Mexicans, as well as stereotyping and erasure of Mexico's long history as melting pot, and cultural and culinary diversity. Mayans = Aztecs = Conquistadoras = Burritos!

History of Burritos:
History

A basic burrito
Before the development of the modern burrito, the Mesoamerican peoples of Mexico used corn tortillas to wrap foods, with fillings of chili peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, squash, and avocados.[6] The Pueblo people of the Southwestern United States also made tortillas with beans and meat sauce fillings prepared much like the modern burrito.[7]

The precise origin of the modern burrito is not known. However, it is generally believed to have originated in the Mexican-American community. Some have speculated that it may have originated with vaqueros in northern Mexico in the nineteenth century.[6][8] Many have traced its roots to the farmworkers of the fields in California's Central Valley, in Fresno and Stockton.
History of Tortillas
chron com/news/houston-texas/article/Tex-Arcana-What-s-the-history-of-tortillas-1752733.php
In much of Mexico and elsewhere in the United States, tacos are usually made with corn tortillas, whose history goes back even further, thousands of years to the native people of the Americas. The Aztecs revered corn almost as a deity, said Melissa Guerra, of McAllen, an author of several cookbooks, most recently Dishes from the Wild Horse Desert.

The flour tortilla gained a foothold after the Spanish conquest, she said, with the colonizers considering corn unfit for human consumption. There were theological reasons for their preference for wheat, which Europeans associated with the body of Christ.

Jewish families — covertly practicing their faith or simply maintaining their traditions as Catholic conversos — settled in northern Mexico to get as far from the Spanish Inquisition as possible. Since corn was not kosher and they were accustomed to eating flat pita bread, they began to make tortillas out of wheat, Guerra said.

Flour tortillas became popular in northern Mexico, including what is now Texas, and stayed popular in Texas after independence and annexation by the United States. That doesn't surprise Guerra because the Rio Grande became "really more of a political boundary than a cultural boundary."

"It was just our regional food," she said.
(FWIW, corn is kosher, so at the least, that part of the article is wrong.)

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

pro-boxing-fan wrote:Re Tortilal nazis

I'm pretty sure the Mexicans stole the idea for tortillas from Norwegian lefsa.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

I make a very good mulligatawny soup, if I say so myself. I used to worry about whether this was an example of cultural appropriation, as I am not from India. To make sure that no-one gets that impression, said soup usually precedes a main course of beef.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

The moral right to cook Mexican food rests only with those who slaughtered the Aztecs.

If you are not descended directly from those who committed genocide but fancy something spicy you are literally worse than Hitler.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

free thoughtpolice wrote:There may be hope for Danielle Muscato after all:
snuffcurry
26 May 2017 at 10:05 pm
basic assumption that lesbian preferences have nothing to do with women’s choices, but are entirely a consequence of males selecting for women who do not like sex with them, and would prefer sex with people who do not have a penis.
(Notes from my lesbian clit: I’m a lesbian, it says so right there in my NBC, and I’m fine with penises and the sex0ring of them so long as they’re attached to women. Foiled again, sad baby men!)
I'm just completely lost. But it is not my problem. Whatever makes Muscato happy. It's his thing.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Shatterface wrote:The moral right to cook Mexican food rests only with those who slaughtered the Aztecs.

If you are not descended directly from those who committed genocide but fancy something spicy you are literally worse than Hitler.
You are not allowed to mention the Aztecs and Hitler (in a single post) without also mentioning Mel Gibson.

[too obscure?]

free thoughtpolice

2 white Hitler's versus 1 black Hitler. Winner gets Africa and $140 trillion dollars:
[youtube][/youtube]

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Am I hallucinating or has Kirbmarc turned green?

Really?

Post by Really? »

MarcusAu wrote:Am I hallucinating or has Kirbmarc turned green?
I noticed that, too.

And I noticed this. DJ Grothe is still going against the people who pushed him out.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

MarcusAu wrote:Am I hallucinating or has Kirbmarc turned green?
[youtube][/youtube]

Now who's going to be Skeletor?

(Steersman is Orko of course)

free thoughtpolice

I would volunteer but it would require a massive diet, so no.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Okay, that "anti-Muslim" thing... that was a guy ranting, and two men intervened? Like, just ranting?

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
I would volunteer but it would require a massive diet, so no.
Don't let anyone fat shame you out of being a cartoon villain.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

He;s curled one up in her bed.

http://i.imgur.com/V6mfulg.png

free thoughtpolice

Our new universal moderator:
[youtube][/youtube]

ConcentratedH2O, OM

shoutinghorse wrote:He;s curled one up in her bed.

http://i.imgur.com/V6mfulg.png
That dog's getting quite the curly hair as it gets older, may well need a conscientious owner who brushes it and perhaps the occasional trim. :popcorn:

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Don't put your puppy in a fucking cage. FFS!

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Don't put your puppy in a fucking cage. FFS!
Among dog trainers that appears to be all the rage as part of proper training & kind care. Personally I think it is way too confining. When I was growing up, we would put up a gate in a hallway with plenty of space to move around, toys, food water for overnight & when we left the house (which was rare for a full family with a stay-at-home mother). Similar to cage training as it prevents the dog from getting into trouble, but gives the dog a hell of a lot more space.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Don't put your puppy in a fucking cage. FFS!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I had never heard of such a thing til I got to the States. And as for those American cunts who leave their dos at the pound when they move house... :nin:

ConcentratedH2O, OM

*dogs

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

So I've been seeing some tweets going round, concerning one of the lads who was killed in the Manchester bombing. Sargy, for some reason, has seen fit to rebroadcast the details:
It's been boiling my piss a bit, as it's clearly there to get folks sniggering at the 'irony' of a young SJW muslims-r-innocent type getting nailbombed to death. As if some sort of justice has been served, apparently. The true irony, IMO, is that those who are taking delight in this - and I've little doubt that plenty are - are precisely the same kind of people who bitch over the idea that moderate muslims might get some kind of vicarious frission out of the murderous actions of ISIS and the like.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Tigzy wrote:So I've been seeing some tweets going round, concerning one of the lads who was killed in the Manchester bombing. Sargy, for some reason, has seen fit to rebroadcast the details:
It's been boiling my piss a bit, as it's clearly there to get folks sniggering at the 'irony' of a young SJW muslims-r-innocent type getting nailbombed to death. As if some sort of justice has been served, apparently. The true irony, IMO, is that those who are taking delight in this - and I've little doubt that plenty are - are precisely the same kind of people who bitch over the idea that moderate muslims might get some kind of vicarious frission out of the murderous actions of ISIS and the like.
I suppose he will now issue a number of blustery videos claiming he's not laughing at the victims, but at perpetrator or something... ;)

Really?

Post by Really? »

Tigzy wrote:So I've been seeing some tweets going round, concerning one of the lads who was killed in the Manchester bombing. Sargy, for some reason, has seen fit to rebroadcast the details:
I disagree to an extent. Yes, some people are being assholes. The young man is dead and doesn't deserve to be. No one on the planet deserves to be blown up after an Ariana Grande concert. I don't find this funny in the least.

I think the information is pertinent, however. Some people don't believe that this stuff is really happening. They think it can't happen to them. That fantasy won't accomplish anything, as this incident proves. It's the same thing with PZ and Carrier and Lousy Canuck. They told us to believe women 100%. Then they were accused of rape. Maybe some eyes were opened when they gazed upon the FTB hypocrisy.