Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Old subthreads
Shatterface

Re: Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Post by Shatterface »

MarcusAu wrote:i'm not OK with gun violence - but someone needs to sort the Clantons of this world out.
Obligatory:

https://myfavoritewesterns.files.wordpr ... -walk1.gif

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Kirbmarc wrote:
DrokkIt wrote:
What a piece of shit.

Getting into a silly ruck is one thing, but hitting someone in the head with a piece of metal can kill or leave disabled. I hope he goes to prison.
Especially since from the video it looks like at least in one occasion he hit a guy (red shirt guy) who was trying to calm things down, or at least talk it out with others. That's particularly vicious.
I'm sure this isn't fair... but I do think there is some correlation between cowardice, sheltered-ness, and the will to brazenly try and kill someone like that.

Seriously.

Step up to a guy and start a fist fight if you think you are tough, but clocking someone like that is fucking well out of order and I sincerely hope this scrote is punished- as I would *anyone* who wangs someone round the bonce with a fucking weighted metal tool.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Steersman wrote: :) Hard to stay away - even if the "little woman" (my ex in point of fact) rakes me over the coals for partaking of the cut and thrust here. :( Such is life. :)
Have you considered the possibility that she wouldn't be your ex if you did some of your thrusting in person, instead of on-line?

No ideas on the cutting.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Dumb Dan and Softhead CJ are in the header image of this article.

https://areomagazine.com/2017/05/28/no- ... terrorist/
But it is simply a fact that Islamic terrorism is currently the deadliest form of terrorism on the global stage. I care about that for several reasons, but primarily because I care about the victims of Islamic terrorism. I care about the people who are routinely maimed and murdered as a result of the toxic influences of archaic superstition on a 21st Century world. And I care about these victims no matter where they reside globally, no matter what their race, no matter what their ethnicity, their nationality, their religion, or their skin color. I care about them whether they are Bangladeshi secularists pulled apart by Islamists blades, whether they are French cartoonists gunned down for defying Islamic blasphemy laws, whether they are Pakistani Sufis incinerated in Lahore for being the wrong kind of Muslims, or whether they are British children blown to pieces and lacerated by shrapnel in a Manchester concert hall. I care about them all and I want it to stop. I can’t for a second see how the people who make it their life’s work to obfuscate and dismiss this issue can even begin to say the same.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Shatterface wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:i'm not OK with gun violence - but someone needs to sort the Clantons of this world out.
Obligatory:

[img.]https://myfavoritewesterns.files.wordpr ... -walk1.gif[/img]
I'm sure that Jeff Holliday has commented on the situation by now.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

When I was applying for British citizenship I used the following study guide:

Life in the UK Test: Study Guide 2016
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Life-UK-Test-E ... 1907389326

As we have been discussing terrorism - I thought there might be some here interested in what it has to say concerning terrorism. Quoting from page 129:

"Terrorism and Extremism

The UK faces a range of terrorist threats. The most serious of these is from Al Qa'ida, its affiliates and like-minded organisations. The UK also faces threats from other kinds of terrorism, such as Northern Island-related terrorism.

All terrorist groups try to radicalise and recuit people to their cause. How, where and to what extent they try to do so will vary. Evidence shows that these groups attract very low levels of pubic support, but people who want to make their home in the UK should be aware of this threat. It is important that all citizens feel safe. This includes feeling safe from all kinds of extremism (vocal or active opposition to fundamental British values), including religious extremism and far-right extremism."

No mention is made of 'far-left extremism' - obviously to the extent it exists at all - it is not a concern.

I'm still not quite sure what 'fundamental British values' are either - from context I take it mean visiting Skara Brae, or under the right circumstances being willing to decapitate the head of state...but I might just be inferring that.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Really? wrote:Dumb Dan and Softhead CJ are in the header image of this article.

https://areomagazine.com/2017/05/28/no- ... terrorist/
And Ralph the Retard is posting links to domestic murders in the belief they are the same thing as domestic terrorism.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

MarcusAu wrote:I'm still not quite sure what 'fundamental British values' are either
Binge drinking and casual violence.

Y'know, standard stuff...

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Oh, go fuck yourself, Potatohead.

http://imgur.com/qMcDfqi.png

This website is here because she wouldn't own up to, let alone apologize for, what she did to Stef McGraw.

Here is how she apologized to Tony Ryan (Coffee Loving Skeptic) for telling her 20,000+ Twitter followers (and Peez's 100,000+) that he'd just called her a cunt:

http://imgur.com/IypiOob.png

This was after she and Peez spent an afternoon taunting him like 3-year-olds and chiding critics for picking on Rebecca without cause. Neither acknowledged she had been lying.

As far as I know, she never apologized for tweeting the name of the wrong Dragoncon employee who allegedly shut down the Skepchick booth. Plus, she compounded her mistake with a lie -- Dragoncon never shut her down. They told her to stop selling merchandise that violated terms of their contract and she left in a huff.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Kirbmarc wrote:
DrokkIt wrote:
What a piece of shit.

Getting into a silly ruck is one thing, but hitting someone in the head with a piece of metal can kill or leave disabled. I hope he goes to prison.
Especially since from the video it looks like at least in one occasion he hit a guy (red shirt guy) who was trying to calm things down, or at least talk it out with others. That's particularly vicious.
As I said earlier, he REALLY puts effort into the swing. Attempted murder is what he should be looking at.

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

Za-zen wrote:[
The cunt with the chainsaw is going to run out of gas, that's when you get to axe him ;)

@Piggyinthemiddle My position is, that all conflict is tragic, you've cast me neatly into an ideological box to serve you argument. Not one of my posts expresses "steadfast loyalty" to what you refer to as a murderous death cult. Though your characterization of the PIRA as such demonstrates a lack of knowledge as to the PIRA, and an overall stewed down, limited understanding of the Irish conflict. but let's hop past that, and get to my politics. I'm a Republican, because Monarchism is fucking stupid. I don't really give a fuck what flag flies over the society i want to see organized as a republic, though I do identify more with the Irish nation, than the British one, as the irish nation aren't a bunch of belligerent cunts still hanging onto the legacy of when they were an evil empire, and riddled with vapid nationalism. And really when your national song is still some wank appeal to a deity to protect an inbred, right of birth, physical embodiment of the nation incarnate as lifelong head of state, you've lost me. So yeah, to stew it down for you, Britain is a retard of a country that i'd rather not be forcibly taxed to maintain.

Most of us will betray a principle of non violence, if indeed we espouse one, as most of us will justify violence in certain circumstances, that justification nigh always requires cognitive dissonance. I rarely find violence justifiable, but what i do is attempt to understand where the violence emanates from. I do appreciate the absurdity of those who flag wage their military off with fanfare and pride on jaunts around the globe, who shriek in horror when death and destruction comes to their own shores.

I'll end that your quip about Croke park was amusing, but doubt that the English rugby team will be playing any games in Manchester for a while, incase they get massacred.
You must be continually disappointed, the way reality consistently refuses to conform to your black and white thinking.

Case in Point: Republics are good, right ? We're clear about that. Definitely republics. Well, what was the world's first republic ? That's right it was England. Who was the world's first head of state of a republic ? That's right, it was Oliver Cromwell. What do you think of Oliver Cromwell ... Errr ... I didn't quite catch that .... Sorry ... Come again ... Would you like to have a little lie down Ms Hensley ?

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Rome might quibble.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

d4m10n wrote:Rome might quibble.

Hmmm ... That might actually be a good point ......

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Catching up on my pit reading. Did we just face the world's smallest alt-right raid?

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

You know when you're totally winning in a pit-fight when Damo steps in to try to help out your opponent !

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

I don't know where Richard THE KING Sanderson got this or if he made it himself, but I think it's wonderful :D

http://imgur.com/FR3WFmW.jpg

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

piginthecity wrote:You know when you're totally winning in a pit-fight when Damo steps in to try to help out your opponent !
Yeah well, the ancient Romans don't really stand up for themselves much these days.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

MarcusAu wrote:Yeah well, the ancient Romans don't really stand up for themselves much these days.
Ozzies eunt domus!

http://www.thelin.net/laurent/cinema/ph ... /27928.jpg

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

piginthecity wrote:
d4m10n wrote:Rome might quibble.

Hmmm ... That might actually be a good point ......
That's when young Oliver was doing his big OE in Italy.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Bhurzum wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:Yeah well, the ancient Romans don't really stand up for themselves much these days.
Ozzies eunt domus!

http://www.thelin.net/laurent/cinema/ph ... /27928.jpg
Now you are just being offensive.

I was born in New Zealand.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

MarcusAu wrote:Now you are just being offensive.

I was born in New Zealand.
https://media.giphy.com/media/zOuRCHez5UsKY/giphy.gif

:P

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Ape+lust wrote:I don't know where Richard THE KING Sanderson got this or if he made it himself, but I think it's wonderful :D

[img.]http://imgur.com/FR3WFmW.jpg[/img]

I think it was Wizard of Cause / Nikolas Gorroff that first started calling Dan Arel Comrade Starbucks

[youtube][/youtube]

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I shall refrain from telling you where to pack your shortbread - as I do not wish to mock the afflicted.

You are Scotch and based on the picture of you or your mother, ginger - so the world has been cruel enough.

[youtube][/youtube]

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

MarcusAu wrote:I shall refrain from telling you where to pack your shortbread - as I do not wish to mock the afflicted.

You are Scotch and based on the picture of you or your mother, ginger - so the world has been cruel enough.

[youtube][youtube]
I'm not ginger, I'm strawberry-blonde!

Oh, and I'm only mildly addicted to heroin.

Deep fried heroin... ;)

Linus

Post by Linus »

I thought I'd come back and check in on the pit after a long absence. And JFC. Do you guys really think this "Conceptual Penis" hoax proved anything? A hoax paper was published in an "author friendly", pay-to-play, non Gender Studies journal, with no impact factor. And this is evidence that... gender studies is flawed as an academic enterprise. :think:

You realize that hoax papers have been published in a variety of fields, right? Like there was a paper that literally only included the text "Get me off your fucking mailing list" published in a computer science journal?

I could go on at length, but instead I'll direct you to the most thorough debunking of the hoax and its conclusions about gender studies that I've come across: http://seriouspod.com/sio44-debunking-c ... i-bosnick/ If anyone gives that a their mind isn't changed, my head will be seriously sploded.

(Yes, I read Pluckrose's article in case anyone's wondering).

:cdc: :twatson:

Linus

Post by Linus »

*If anyone gives that a fair listen and their mind isn't changed, my head will be seriously sploded.

(Used to forums that let me edit my typos. :P )

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

Im pretty sure none of us needed this hoax to learned that gender studies is a flawed academic enterprise. We knew already.

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

Im also pretty sure that 99.9% of computer scientists reading "Get me off your fucking mailing list" will get on the joke. The 0.1% being Steve of course. Fucking Steve.

Now if you wrote a paper on functional programming with what seem like legit programmatically terms, concept and pattern but that nonetheless is just intentional complete hogwash on the part of the author, id be more impress.

I might listen later though when i finished my work day.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Linus wrote:
I could go on at length, but instead I'll direct you to the most thorough debunking of the hoax and its conclusions about gender studies that I've come across: http://seriouspod.com/sio44-debunking-c ... i-bosnick/ If anyone gives that a their mind isn't changed, my head will be seriously sploded.
My mind will be changed to what? That gender studies isn't loaded with hogwash? I've heard some people already argue that hoax or not the idea of Penis as Social Construct is actually a valid viewpoint.
That the hoax will destroy the credibility of gender studies once and for all to my knowledge hasn't been claimed by anyone much less the article from Skeptic. It's just another piece of evidence and probably not as damning as non hoax papers that are published like the feminist glaciology one much less the overall pomo nonsence that dominates the field.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

To me Conceptual Penis was just a good satirical read. That it was published in any journal, no matter the repute, is just icing on the cake.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/83/83206ae6 ... 192b2e.jpg

Apparently, MI5 was warned THREE TIMES about the Manchester cunt bomber...

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

The Number One Top-Rated gender studies journal, and it's still full of shit:

http://journals.sagepub.com/toc/gasa/31/3

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Each Cogent OA title offers the highest standards of peer review, overseen by expert editors and editorial boards. We’re proud of the friendly and constructive approach we take with all our potential authors. Our editorial teams evaluate submissions on the grounds of relevance, sound methodology, and clarity, rather than the predicted level of future importance.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

MarcusAu wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:I don't know where Richard THE KING Sanderson got this or if he made it himself, but I think it's wonderful :D

[img.]http://imgur.com/FR3WFmW.jpg[/img]

I think it was Wizard of Cause / Nikolas Gorroff that first started calling Dan Arel Comrade Starbucks

I haven't seen this guy before. That was pretty good, thanks! :D

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:The Number One Top-Rated gender studies journal, and it's still full of shit:

http://journals.sagepub.com/toc/gasa/31/3
I've got to disagree, Matt. It takes true genius to work out that female suicide bombings are "politicised and gendered":
SuiBomb.jpg
(36.75 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10 ... 3216689451

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

I did an image search for female suicide bomber and it came up with this:

http://images.gr-assets.com/books/13501 ... 404790.jpg

Must check out that comic.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Meanwhile, in France:
The mayor of Paris has called for a black feminist festival in the city to be banned on the grounds that it excludes white people.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40080125

:popcorn:

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Suet Cardigan wrote:I did an image search for female suicide bomber and it came up with this:

Somewhere out there is a camel that both models for comic-book artists and walks with a limp.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course. Disabled camels need to earn a living, too.

It just struck me as odd.

free thoughtpolice

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Each Cogent OA title offers the highest standards of peer review, overseen by expert editors and editorial boards. We’re proud of the friendly and constructive approach we take with all our potential authors. Our editorial teams evaluate submissions on the grounds of relevance, sound methodology, and clarity, rather than the predicted level of future importance.
The first is in the home country wherein migration is seen as a mandatory rite of passage into manhood. The second moment is in transit, where the relational masculinity of migrant men and “traffickers” (men who smuggle migrants across borders) is performed and (re)made. The final moment is in South Africa, wherein we observe two contrasting forms of masculinities: hyper masculinity (the idealization of violence and misogyny) and Ummah masculinity (the immersion in God and Islamic Ummah). Both kinds of masculinity in the final moment are attempts by the migrants to recuperate masculinity within a situation of extreme powerlessness. This article invokes the need for mobility research within gender studies, and an attention to a complex, processual construction of identities wherein gender, race, and other differences define the identities of migrants but also the discourses and narratives of masculinities.
You apparently don't understand intersectional hypermasculinity, and frankly I am way too weary too do the psycho-emotional labor to educate you. :ugeek:

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

Suet Cardigan wrote:Meanwhile, in France:
The mayor of Paris has called for a black feminist festival in the city to be banned on the grounds that it excludes white people.

Saw the Paris mayor's tweets about this earlier today, she obviously got dog-piled like crazy with the typical "systemic racism/oppression olympic/you just don't know what you're talking about" nonsense. Anyway, i find a poetic juxtaposition in this part of the article (bold mine)
Some French anti-racism organisations have condemned the festival.
SOS Racisme called it "an abomination" and said it "wallows in ethnic separation", while Licra, the International League against Racism and Antisemitism, said: "Rosa Parks would be turning in her grave."

On Friday the regional head of the far-right National Front party had challenged Ms Hidalgo to explain the "blatantly racist" event.

The organisers said in a statement (in French) that they had been "the target of a campaign of disinformation and fake news orchestrated by the extreme right" and they were "saddened to see some anti-racist associations let themselves be manipulated".

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Suet Cardigan wrote:Meanwhile, in France:

Black people of any gender will be allowed in another area
... and down the rabbit hole we go.
The organisers said in a statement (in French)
That has to be the fucking 'Duh' of the year.

Please, please, somebody fly Rachel Dolezal to this event!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Quick Pit survey:

Here in Americay It's a national holiday - Memorial Day, when we remember something, I forget. Unlike most of my fellow, otherly-BMI'd Amis, I've been working on & off all day since 6 am. It's now quarter to seven and I've had some crudités and two glasses of a mediocre Pinot Grigio. Should I:

a) Go out and chain saw as originally planned;
b) Play it safe and do some tractor work;
c) Finish the rest of the Pinot Grigio;
d) All of the above.

Not sure if this is a factor, but the weather here is sublime.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
Suet Cardigan wrote:I did an image search for female suicide bomber and it came up with this:

Somewhere out there is a camel that both models for comic-book artists and walks with a limp.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course. Disabled camels need to earn a living, too.

It just struck me as odd.
During Spamalot there is a scene where people are holding up letter boards that spell out Camelot. They run around spelling different words. At one point they spelled out Camelto, and I laughed my fool head off. Nobody else seemed to get it...

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

Linus wrote:I thought I'd come back and check in on the pit after a long absence. And JFC. Do you guys really think this "Conceptual Penis" hoax proved anything? A hoax paper was published in an "author friendly", pay-to-play, non Gender Studies journal, with no impact factor. And this is evidence that... gender studies is flawed as an academic enterprise. :think:

You realize that hoax papers have been published in a variety of fields, right? Like there was a paper that literally only included the text "Get me off your fucking mailing list" published in a computer science journal?

(Yes, I read Pluckrose's article in case anyone's wondering).

:cdc: :twatson:
The acid test, for anybody spergy enough, would be to dig back through how Cogent was viewed in the SJW community before these events. If the journal was viewed dimly by the community beforehand, then the criticisms have weight; if not, then the defense "Oh but it's not a real SJW journal" is just a No True Scotsman.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Quick Pit survey:

Here in Americay It's a national holiday - Memorial Day, when we remember something, I forget. Unlike most of my fellow, otherly-BMI'd Amis, I've been working on & off all day since 6 am. It's now quarter to seven and I've had some crudités and two glasses of a mediocre Pinot Grigio. Should I:

d) All of the above.

c) then a) then b).

Likewise, here on Admiralty Inlet the weather is fantastic. Beautifully sunny, but because of the sea winds, not too hot. Fantastic views of Mt. Rainier, plus a white fawn in the back yard, plus the view of the Olympics from Hurricane Ridge in the north, all the way down to Mt Olympus in the south.

Loads of Bald Eagles, the Ospreys are just starting to return.

Currently getting outside some Black Raven Trickster IPA, a truly sublime beer, and finishing cooking bagels before we have some mac and cheese for noms. The Long-Haired General is supping a mix of Speyside, ginger cordial, and San Pellegrino.

All four cats are relaxing in the sun, and cruise ships are heading from Seattle to who knows where - these are BIG ones, as well as the smaller ones on the Alaska run.

Life is good.

free thoughtpolice

(c) sit down, drink wine and enjoy the late spring weather, which is very nice here too right now. :drool:
I am currently washing down some remnants of shamelessly appropriated Mexican style food with a nice cold strong beer

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

[youtube][/youtube]

free thoughtpolice

I love the spring low tides. You get a drop from a max of 18 ft to about -2 feet range here and the low lows happen around mid day so you can go out and poke around in the tide pools looking at the fish, sponges, seanemones... which is presumably what the people in the photo are doing.
SAM_4759.JPG
(1.63 MiB) Downloaded 176 times

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
DrokkIt wrote:
What a piece of shit.

As I said earlier, he REALLY puts effort into the swing. Attempted murder is what he should be looking at.
Little shit hid behind a girl to deliver the cowardly tolchock, too.

He can offer up his rectum for the next five years as that "restorative justice" he advocates for.

John D

Post by John D »

Yep. I am living in paradise. Just spent the afternoon playtesting new rules for my wargame with a friend. Had a few beers and watched the Cardinals and Blue Jays. Walked the mutt in a light rain and said hi to a bunch of neighbors. Just watched "Glen Gary Glen Ross" on Netflix. Life is good.

Ya gotta take the good with the bad. My wife and I spent yesterday cleaning out her sister's apartment which she can no longer keep. Her sister has recovered only slightly from her stroke two months ago and had a setback that put her in the hospital to treat her inflamed and bleeding bladder. My wife's other sister also went in the hospital today since she fainted and had an impossibly low blood oxygen level.

If my wife's family where not nearly dying everyday I might complain about a few things... but... no. I have nothing to complain about.

I know it is corny.... but this is one of my favorite songs that I can play quite well on guitar myself. I am not anywhere near as good as J.T.

[youtube][/youtube]

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Alright you all. I'm calling it a day, signing off, switching to a nice negro amaro primitivo*, putting on some Muddy Waters, and cooking up some carnitas.

Cultural appropriation or bust!

* Which I've affectionately named "Leslie Jones".

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

I think the first half of your sentence answers why the flabby fucker can appear as so many things to so many people: no self-respect, no sense of decency or honor, just a desire to have loose women show him some attention.

Really?

Post by Really? »

What the fuck is wrong with him? How fucking transparent have his rape/sexual harassment investigations been? When Dr. Cumface got accused, did he hire a fucking outside investigator? No. That piece of shit only deals with things internally, which means they never get dealt with.

PZ: accused of rape. No investigation.

Lousy Canuck: accused of rape. No investigation.

Carrier: Accused of sexual harassment by multiple women. Opaque investigation.

But when no-talent Carrie Poppy whispers in his ear, THIS MUST BE DISCUSSED AD NAUSEUM!

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Tigzy wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
Aaah. So he was an enabler. No doubt laying the pipes for murderous radical islamism via the insidious method of making retarded tweets. Bet Abedi's co-conspirators are furious that such a useful agent ended up as collateral damage.
Don't pretend you didn't understand what I meant.
So what did you mean? That he wasn't an enabler? Or that being an enabler - nevermind the fact that his enabling was about as milqetoast as you can get - makes him a more acceptable victim than the others?

Because it looks to me like you're positing the following scenario: that you think it would be better if people who kill other people for their beliefs would just stick to killing people whose beliefs you don't like.
I'm not the Dalai Lama. My compassion is finite. I wish we lived in a world where adherents of a particularly toxic religion didn't kill random groups of people, but we do. If that terrorism takes people engaging in apologetics for those terrorists out of gene pool, then it's probably for the better. And yes, the irony is tasty too.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

looks like Lauren Southern and Boringf00t have re opened hostilities :popcorn:

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Quick Pit survey:

d) All of the above.

Weather in Alaska has been cold(mid 40's F)and rainy for weeks. Only had one or two sunny days in May. It was so much nicer last year. Will be spending Memorial Day working at the aquarium which will be super busy because of said shitty weather. Instead of boating, fishing, and hiking, people will be looking for indoor amusements. But when you come to Alaska you can't really complain about the cold.