Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Old subthreads
MarcusAu

Re: Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Post by MarcusAu »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:Can we still get the pony?
PM me.
Tuppence more and up goes the donkey.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Can we still get the pony?
Yes, but the previous suspension of all time and space laws has caused it to float away.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
deLurch wrote:
8. Shut down the shira courts. There should only be one court system in the UK.

9. Put a stop to groups trying to enforce shira law on the streets of the UK.
"Oh, okay..."

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... tivity.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/or ... f895b6.jpg

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Kirbmarc wrote:Hemant Mehta says welcome to prayers in school, if they're muslim prayers.
At Shenendehowa East High School in New York, Principal Donald Flynt wanted to make sure Muslim students had a place to pray during Ramadan — something essential for them to do during the month-long holiday — so he offered up a room for those students to use during the day.

It’s a perfectly reasonable accommodation and one that allows Muslims to pray when they need without awkwardly trying to do it anywhere else and letting them focus on the rest of their school day without concern.
No, it's not "essential". Just like it's not "essential" to have a room in a public school that is turned into a christian chapel to accommodate to the christian students. Keep faith out of public schools. They can pray when they go back home.
Public schools can make reasonable accommodations for students. Administrators can give Muslims a place to pray. Teachers can give students an extension on a paper if they were out sick. Students with disabilities can get access to a faculty elevator. These are simple requests that make life better for the students and take little to no extra work on the part of the adults
What the hell is this? Being sick or having disabilities isn't the same as requiring special religious treatment. Why is Mehta supporting this? He's supposed to be fighting for secularism for fuck's sake!

There should be no special room for any kind of prayers in publicly-funded schools. Why should muslims get one?
It's a bit amazing how people can willfully misunderstand the difference between abstract issues like the arrangement of the calendar and concrete ones like special meeting spaces and school-sanctioned prayer.

If any school had a large enough Muslim student body (and for some reason wasn't already a private religious institution) it would be reasonable to adjust its calendar based on when its students wouldn't be able to show up. This is technically a religious accommodation, but it's a far cry from prayer rooms. I suppose the difference would be that it's purely reactive.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Kirbmarc wrote:Hemant Mehta says welcome to prayers in school, if they're muslim prayers.
At Shenendehowa East High School in New York, Principal Donald Flynt wanted to make sure Muslim students had a place to pray during Ramadan — something essential for them to do during the month-long holiday — so he offered up a room for those students to use during the day.

It’s a perfectly reasonable accommodation and one that allows Muslims to pray when they need without awkwardly trying to do it anywhere else and letting them focus on the rest of their school day without concern.
No, it's not "essential". Just like it's not "essential" to have a room in a public school that is turned into a christian chapel to accommodate to the christian students. Keep faith out of public schools. They can pray when they go back home.
Public schools can make reasonable accommodations for students. Administrators can give Muslims a place to pray. Teachers can give students an extension on a paper if they were out sick. Students with disabilities can get access to a faculty elevator. These are simple requests that make life better for the students and take little to no extra work on the part of the adults
What the hell is this? Being sick or having disabilities isn't the same as requiring special religious treatment. Why is Mehta supporting this? He's supposed to be fighting for secularism for fuck's sake!

There should be no special room for any kind of prayers in publicly-funded schools. Why should muslims get one?
Well, that turned out predictably.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Fear of islamophobia is to SJW secularists what Leucochloridium is to snails:

https://www.wired.com/2014/09/absurd-cr ... isco-worm/

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Sunder wrote:It's a bit amazing how people can willfully misunderstand the difference between abstract issues like the arrangement of the calendar and concrete ones like special meeting spaces and school-sanctioned prayer.

If any school had a large enough Muslim student body (and for some reason wasn't already a private religious institution) it would be reasonable to adjust its calendar based on when its students wouldn't be able to show up. This is technically a religious accommodation, but it's a far cry from prayer rooms. I suppose the difference would be that it's purely reactive.
What pisses me off the most is that they call the prayer room "essential". No, it's not. It's really not.

I really don't get why alleged secularists call a prayer room "essential" and compare it to paper extensions for sickness or aids for students with disabilities.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

If I'm being maximally charitable I can ignore the category error and assume they just mean it's roughly equivalent as far as effort goes. Letting kids use an empty room doesn't really cost much.

But where I think everything breaks down is that this is school-sanctioned prayer. There's no way to say that it isn't. And that's where the first amendment will bite them on the ass.

They could get around this by just pointing out "hey, here's an empty room students are allowed to go into; I notice it happens to be Ramadan, but there's no relation between these two statements."

Of course then the room wouldn't be specially reserved and potentially anyone could use it. Almost like it was a public facility.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

I'm prepared to accept prayer rooms as a 'reasonable adjustment' analogous to those for people with a disability if and only if they admit religion is a mental illness.

My department makes 'reasonable adjustments' for Muslims during Ramadan. These include not answering the fucking phone because their self-induced dehydration makes this uncomfortable.

Yet if I turned up hungover the morning after the only Christian festival I follow religiously - St Paddy's night - I'd get a bollocking.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

feathers wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
I think he equates Islam to a disability. Fair enough. :evil:
:nin:

What I get for watching Fargo when the Pit is in session.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Sunder wrote:If I'm being maximally charitable I can ignore the category error and assume they just mean it's roughly equivalent as far as effort goes. Letting kids use an empty room doesn't really cost much.

But where I think everything breaks down is that this is school-sanctioned prayer. There's no way to say that it isn't. And that's where the first amendment will bite them on the ass.

They could get around this by just pointing out "hey, here's an empty room students are allowed to go into; I notice it happens to be Ramadan, but there's no relation between these two statements."

Of course then the room wouldn't be specially reserved and potentially anyone could use it. Almost like it was a public facility.
Regardless of the cost it's a pretty big violation of the principle of separation of church and state. Having a prayer room in a public school is something that so-called secularists should be concerned about. They make a lot of noise every time there's a plaque with the ten commandments before a court of justice, how is this any different? How can they be so willing to say it's fine, when they say that they want to protect a secular society?To say nothing of the US specifics about prayers in schools, as you say.

Also the room isn't going to stay empty. The muslim students are going to bring prayer mats, possibly even water for ritual cleaning. If Mormon or Evangelical students had requested a room in a public school to turn into a chapel at their own expense you can bet your ass that Mehta would have written a scathing article about the introduction of prayers in public schools.

But they're muslims, so it's OK, secularism doesn't apply to islam apparently.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

[youtube][/youtube]

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Muslims fast from sun up to sun down during Ramadan - whatever the latitude.

This is why there are no Muslim arctic explorers.

Or astronauts.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

[youtube][/youtube]

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

deLurch wrote:
Guest_440911e7 wrote:If anyone wants to watch, and I haven't, the video is here:

youtube com/watch?v=Er7qPv8jsZo

And the incident seemingly occurs "The moment happens at roughly 1 hour 7 minutes in."

At Hacker News, news.ycombinator com/item?id=14505073 folks say

+ The moderator was interrupting everyone
+ The moderator was only doing this to her
+ If you see sexism everywhere you'll see sexism everywhere
+ If you cannot recognize sexism you'll never recognize sexism
+ The physicist is the sole female physicist precisely because she thinks this way (ie most other women physicists have left their careers by now)
+ Look!, the Physicist agreed with the Actor! She thanked her for being so brave!!
Not sure what this is about but links for the lazy.

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=14505073

[youtube][/youtube]
Clueless moderator who talks over people meets his match when he does it to a sacred vagina owner and is called out as the uppity nigga he is. News at 11.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Shatterface wrote:Muslims fast from sun up to sun down during Ramadan - whatever the latitude.

Or astronauts.
Here in BC the length of the daylight hours is .... inconvenient to say the least.

My first couple of years I actively went looking to see if there was some dispensation. This year, the closest I could find was from this Ramadan 2017: How Muslims fast in countries where the sun never sets
“Some other Muslims who live in Lapland, most of them follow the Middle East time table, as they follow the nearest Islamic country, Turkey.”
Yabut I am looking for something official.

*shrug*

It is what it is.

(or I could just go travel for the duration. Some people in the Gulf countries are notorious for doing that. ... so I hear)

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

If you pray towards Mecca it would make sense to fast according to Mecca time.

That way if you live in the opposite side of the world you could fast during your sleep, awake refreshed, and answer your own damn phone.

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

Oh oh... another dissident faculty voice from Evergreen College.

https://heterodoxacademy.org/2017/06/07 ... peaks-out/

Won't these white supremacists just go away and die already? :twatson:

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

It would be a shame if something were to happen to your college... :twatson:

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Shatterface wrote:I'm prepared to accept prayer rooms as a 'reasonable adjustment' analogous to those for people with a disability if and only if they admit religion is a mental illness.

My department makes 'reasonable adjustments' for Muslims during Ramadan. These include not answering the fucking phone because their self-induced dehydration makes this uncomfortable.

Yet if I turned up hungover the morning after the only Christian festival I follow religiously - St Paddy's night - I'd get a bollocking.
You need to move to ireland, we do St paddy's night 364 times a year, the 365 night is when we toast baby jesus. Workplaces understand this is a cultural identity issue.

To infinity and beyond!

Guest_84d94f98

The Inquisition

Post by Guest_84d94f98 »

dog puke wrote:Oh oh... another dissident faculty voice from Evergreen College.
If hey go after them, then they turn around and claim the harassers are anti-semetic because they are going after Jews.
-Soylent

Really?

Post by Really? »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Sunder wrote:If I'm being maximally charitable I can ignore the category error and assume they just mean it's roughly equivalent as far as effort goes. Letting kids use an empty room doesn't really cost much.

Regardless of the cost it's a pretty big violation of the principle of separation of church and state. Having a prayer room in a public school is something that so-called secularists should be concerned about. They make a lot of noise every time there's a plaque with the ten commandments before a court of justice, how is this any different? How can they be so willing to say it's fine, when they say that they want to protect a secular society?To say nothing of the US specifics about prayers in schools, as you say.

Also the room isn't going to stay empty. The muslim students are going to bring prayer mats, possibly even water for ritual cleaning. If Mormon or Evangelical students had requested a room in a public school to turn into a chapel at their own expense you can bet your ass that Mehta would have written a scathing article about the introduction of prayers in public schools.

But they're muslims, so it's OK, secularism doesn't apply to islam apparently.
I think that public school should do the right thing and:

Provide foot bathing tubs in every bathroom
Sound a call to prayer at the proper times in every class
Ensure that the already-strapped school food funding makes sure that a halal meal is available
Provide fully-clothed, Muslim only swim classes for the girls
Assign all grades unto Sharia Grading.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

Well, that turned out predictably.
I actually found it more depressing than usual. Nominally reasonable people losing their shit over the most repressive religion to ever infest large groups of people. Xtians are actually right on this one-why do muzzies get a special room for prayers and they don't? :bjarte:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

FFRF has gone full SJW. In 2010, they were warning about exactly these kinds of religious programs at schools:
Public schools may release students during school hours to participate in private religious activities with parental consent. In McCollum v. Board of Education, the Court found a release time program that was supported by public funds, held during school hours, and on school grounds violated the First Amendment

What to watch for in determining if your school is Violating Release Time:

Expenditure of public funds
Use of public school facilities during school hours (this includes bus, trailers, or any vehicle parked on school grounds)
Lack of parental consent to religious instruction
School official(s) using their authority to encourage participation
Release time programs are offered on a neutral basis and do not favor a particular religion
Students who do not participate in release time classes should not and cannot be punished
Release time instructors cannot solicit student participation during school hours (i.e., entering a classroom to recruit)
School staff should not participate in (much less be involved in instruction) at off-school release time

https://ffrf.org/faq/feeds/item/14028-r ... activities

Really?

Post by Really? »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:FFRF has gone full SJW. In 2010, they were warning about exactly these kinds of religious programs at schools:
Public schools may release students during school hours to participate in private religious activities with parental consent. In McCollum v. Board of Education, the Court found a release time program that was supported by public funds, held during school hours, and on school grounds violated the First Amendment

What to watch for in determining if your school is Violating Release Time:

Expenditure of public funds
Use of public school facilities during school hours (this includes bus, trailers, or any vehicle parked on school grounds)
Lack of parental consent to religious instruction
School official(s) using their authority to encourage participation
Release time programs are offered on a neutral basis and do not favor a particular religion
Students who do not participate in release time classes should not and cannot be punished
Release time instructors cannot solicit student participation during school hours (i.e., entering a classroom to recruit)
School staff should not participate in (much less be involved in instruction) at off-school release time

https://ffrf.org/faq/feeds/item/14028-r ... activities
You're forgetting the context. They're talking about white Christians in 2010.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Sharia-loving, FGM-defending, Saudi-shilling Linda Sarsour gets both barrels, from someone who knows how to use a gun. ;)

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:FFRF has gone full SJW.
Oh, for fucking sake fuck. I always admired the FFRF, and I was fond of Annie back in the day. :)

But I really fucking hope they don't go the way of many other organisations and catch the SJW clap.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

[youtube][/youtube]

Really?

Post by Really? »

CommanderTuvok wrote:Sharia-loving, FGM-defending, Saudi-shilling Linda Sarsour gets both barrels, from someone who knows how to use a gun. ;)
I guess it bears repeating that Kurt quite emphatically made it clear that he did not, in fact, have a gun.

[youtube][/youtube]

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Yes it is Breitbart. Ramadan Rage 2017: The Complete List of Jihadist Attacks Around the World I am pretty disgusted let me tell you.
May 27 — Charchino, Afghanistan — Group fighting in favor of imposing Islamic law ambushes checkpoint, kills 11.
May 27 — Qadis, Afghanistan — Taliban kills 14, injures 17.
May 27 — Khost, Afghanistan — Taliban suicide bomber targets U.S-backed National Defense and Security Forces (ANDSF), which includes army and police units, killing 18, woundin six others, including children.
May 27 — Kacha Khuh, Pakistan — “Honor Killing” — Brother hacks 18-year-old sister with axe to death for denying to abide by pre-arrange marriage.
May 27 — Marawi, Philippines — Jihadists kill 19 including women and a child.
May 28 — Marawi, Philippines — Jihadists murder 8 for “having betrayed their faith.”
May 28 — Ramo Adey, Somalia — Jihadists bury man to his neck, stone to death for adultery
May 28 — Mosul, Iraq — ISIS sets hospital ablaze and kills a dozen young people inside.
May 28 — Mosul, Iraq — ISIS kills at least 40 women and children trying to flee besieged city.
May 28 — Shirqat, Iraq — ISIS rocket attack kills three children and their parents.
May 28 — Gumsri, Nigeria — Boko Haram kills at least seven villagers.
May 28 — Shakhil Abad, Afghanistan — Islamic extremists kill district governor and his son inside their home.
May 28 — Baqubah, Iraq — Suicide bomber kills 3, injures up to 16 others outside court.
May 29 — Nguro, Nigeria — Boko Haram beheads five people.
May 29 — Ghat, Libya, — Suspected Islamic terrorists kill 1, injure 4.
May 29 — Shirqat, Iraq — Islamic shrapnel dismembers a child, injures 7.
May 29 — Baghdad, Iraq — 17 killed, 32 wounded — ISIS launches suicide attack against ice cream parlor frequented by families who were breaking their Ramadan fast.
May 29 — Baghdad, Iraq — 14 killed, 37 injured. ISIS attacked Shiites.
May 30 — Mattani, Pakistan — Islamist gun down four peace committee members.
May 30 — Peshawar, Pakistan — Suspected jihadist shoots leader of Afghan warlord Gulbuddin Hekmatyar’s Hezb-i-Islami group while he was leaving a mosque.
May 30 — Shifa, Iraq — Mass grave found with 60 ISIS torture victims, including women, elderly.
May 30 — al-Joura, Syria — ISIS mortar kills 14, including children.
May 30 — Bay Hassan, Iraq — ISIS kills 3 Iraqi guards, wounds six others.
May 30 — Baghdad, Iraq — Jihadists kill 7, injure 19 in a blast.
May 30 — Baqubah, Iraq — A bomb explosion at mosque kills 7, wounds 6.
May 30 — Hit, Iraq — Fedayeen suicide bomber kills 8, injures 10.
May 31 — Kaya, Nigeria —Boko Haram kills 14.
May 31 — Fafi, Kenya — Suspected al-Qaeda affiliate al-Shabaab burns down school, kills one teacher.
May 31 — Bab el-Beid, Iraq — Suicide bombers kill 3 civilians, including a child.
May 31 — Hit, Iraq — Shahid suicide bomber kills 3, injures 7.
May 31 — Mosul, Iraq — ISIS kills 34 for trying to leave the city.
May 31 — Mangai, Kenya — al-Qaeda-linked bombers kill 8.
May 31 — Kabul, Afghanistan — Suspected Haqqani Network kills at least 150, Wounds more than 460, including 11 Americans.
May 31 — Sinjar, Iraq — ISIS kills 2, injures 2.
June 01 — Abala, Niger — Jihadists kill 6 guards.
June 01 — Al-Hazm, Yemen — Terrorists kill 6, wound 15.
June 01 — Behsud, Afghanistan — Suicide bomber kills 1, wounds 4.
June 01 — Oldenburg, Germany — Muslim kills one for smoking during Ramadan and refusing to fast.
June 01 — Zanjili, Iraq — ISIS kills 7 for trying to flee caliphate.
June 02 — Kolofota, Cameroon — Islamist use two girls as suicide bombers killing 9 and wounding 30.
June 02 — Sidi Bouzid, Tunisia — Jihadist beheads one man.
June 03 — Marawi, Philippines — Islamic sniper kills 70-year-old man.
June 03 — Halabsah, Iraq — Four suicide bombers kill 1, injure 3
June 03 — London, England — Three Jihadists plow into pedestrians, then stab people, killing 7, injuring 48.
June 03 — Zanjili, Iraq — ISIS kills 43 for trying to flee caliphate.
June 03 — Lower Munda, India — Hizb-ul-Mujahideen kill 2 security troops, injure 4
June 03 — Nawabshah, Pakistan — Alleged victim’s brother-in-law kills two people for alleged adultery.
June 03 — Kabul, Afghanistan — Suicide bombers kill 20, injure 87
June 04 — Kandahar, Afghanistan — Afghan police insider attack leaves six dead, one injured
June 04 — Spini, Pakistan — Two Shiites from Hazara minority group killed.
June 04 — Talibul, Moula, Pakistan — “Honor Killing” — Father kills 18-year-old daughter for allegedly “having an affair.”
June 04 — Zanjili, Iraq — Wave of suicide bombers kills 32, injures 24.
June 04 — Quaidabad, Pakistan — Jihadis kill 1 barber.
June 05 — Melbourne, Australia — ISIS-linked migrant from Somalia kills man, takes prostitute hostage, an injures 4.
June 05 — Baghdad, Iraq — Terrorist mortar fired into family home dismembers 10-year-old boy, injures 4.
June 06 — Lower Munda, India — Hizb-ul-Mujahideen kill 2 security troops, injure 4
June 06 — Paris, France — Jihadist wounds cop with a hammer outside Notre Dame cathedral.
June 06 — Herat, Afghanistan — Terrorist kill 7, injure another 16 near the northern gate of the Great Mosque of Herat.
June 06 — Garissa, Kenya — Suspected al-Qaeda affiliate al-Shabaab jihadists kill 4 aid workers with land mine.
June 07 — Mosul, Iraq — Islamic State massacres 160 civilians trying to flee city, according to United Nations.
June 07 — Tehran, Iran — Sunni ISIS gunmen, suicide bombers attack Shiite country’s parliament and shrine to its revolutionary leader, kills 12, wounding up to 42.
Also, apparently the MSM is floating the idea that Jeremy Corbyn might win the election. I am going to laugh so hard if that happens.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Today:

[youtube][/youtube]

feathers

Post by feathers »

MarcusAu wrote:
feathers wrote:
So, concentration camps.
Definitely not.

Such measures are inappropriate unless the individuals proved to be of Dutch descent.
Ah, but we already have one.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/23 ... 6752d9.jpg

feathers

Post by feathers »

deLurch wrote:
feathers wrote:What to do with unwanted foreigners when no one wants them back- not even their native/passport country?
One & done:
* Plane & a parachute?
* The Reverse Refugee. Scoot on off of the coast, throw them in a rubber raft & let them make their way back to land.
Political Pressure:
* Refuse to accept any more entries from that country until they accept their citizen back.
* Trade ban until refugee is accepted back.
Political pressure is already applied at diplomatic level; sometimes countries agree under a cloak of secrecy because they don't want to advertise their re-acceptance of refugees.

The fire-and-forget-them option is of course little better than the internment camp.
Do your best forensic, linguistic, genetic effort to identify country of origin. If the individual is unwilling to aid in identifying their country of origin, they can sit in a hole for all I care, until that individual cares.
Immigration already does those background checks. With the current influx, it's a hopeless job. As for the hole, they are supposed to remain in the asylum/expulsion centres but those are not prisons. If we did keep them there, those things would, again, become internment camps.
feathers wrote:
Delurch wrote:7. Find a solution for what allows the prison system to turn into a Muslim/jihadist recruitment ground.
So, concentration camps.
No. I am pretty much against concentration camps, or as they call them in the UK Interment. Prison is for those who have ALREADY committed crimes. I don't see how a concentration camp is going to break up their recruitment network. Hell, they are prisoners. Restrict their freedom to freely talk & associate as they please. Put a smack down on that shit.
I was more cynically thinking of the type of KZ where you get in via the gates and only ever leave via the chimney.

More seriously, if you want to keep prisoners from conspiring, you either have to keep them in isolation, or put them together but in a place where they'll never get out. Kirbmarc suggests kicking out some imams, but I don't think that'll be enough.

katamari Damassi

Re: The Inquisition

Post by katamari Damassi »

Guest_84d94f98 wrote:
dog puke wrote:Oh oh... another dissident faculty voice from Evergreen College.
If hey go after them, then they turn around and claim the harassers are anti-semetic because they are going after Jews.
-Soylent
Speaking of anti-semitism, Milo the transtrender recently had a revelation that maybe not all SJW is correct. She sort of apologized for some of the content in her early videos and has to think about some things. My guess is that in college she met an actual jewish person for the first time in her life and said jewish person informed her that her internet buddy Gazi Kodzo is an anti-semetic psycho.
[youtube][/youtube]
Speaking of Kodzo, I had assumed that half of his subscribers were there to laugh at him, and that he was so ridiculous as to not represent any sort of threat, but then I heard some of the EVergreen mob parrot his views: "We were building cities while you were living in caves!" Now I'm not so sure. I don't hear anyone rebutting this nonsense because they don't want to be called racists.

feathers

Post by feathers »

deLurch wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
But what would it do against a human centipede?

feathers

Post by feathers »

Shatterface wrote:Muslims fast from sun up to sun down during Ramadan - whatever the latitude.

Or astronauts.
Indeed, the Maker of everything in and under the Heavens (garlic and onions be upon Him) had conveniently forgotten to tell his Prophet (idem) about the tilt of the earth's axis.

Guest_7faaea54

Post by Guest_7faaea54 »

Jeremy Corbyn has just been endorsed by the Daily Stormer.

They want anti-Semites in power.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

feathers wrote:More seriously, if you want to keep prisoners from conspiring, you either have to keep them in isolation, or put them together but in a place where they'll never get out. Kirbmarc suggests kicking out some imams, but I don't think that'll be enough.
The idea that prisoners radicalize on their own is just like the idea of "lone wolves": at best a wrong generalization which ignores a common zeigeist, at worst a fig leaf to avoid discussing the issue of imams who offer religious assistance in prison.

Who, exactly, radicalized prisoners, asks for special treatments and diffuses propaganda within prisons? Where have these people studied? Who pays them, which charities? Those are all excellent questions. Find the answers to the questions and act accordingly.

Hell, Maajid Nawaz had a list of muslim organizations with shady and suspicious ties, and he offered it to law enforcement. That's what caused the dhimmi Werleman to call him a "native informer". The UK law enforcement apparently didn't take Nawaz' list seriously (I'm not saying that they should have immediately acted on it, but that they should have taken it as a possible source of intel): apparently, if I remember well, a Scotland Yard detective had co-operated with one or more of those organizations and publicly defended them from all accusation.

It'd be interesting if that list was made public. I don't think it was, but I might be wrong.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Kirbmarc wrote:Hell, Maajid Nawaz had a list of muslim organizations with shady and suspicious ties, and he offered it to law enforcement. That's what caused the dhimmi Werleman to call him a "native informer". The UK law enforcement apparently didn't take Nawaz' list seriously (I'm not saying that they should have immediately acted on it, but that they should have taken it as a possible source of intel): apparently, if I remember well, a Scotland Yard detective had co-operated with one or more of those organizations and publicly defended them from all accusation.

It'd be interesting if that list was made public. I don't think it was, but I might be wrong.
Or even more interesting, whether anyone on the list of suspected or proven terrorists can be connected to those organisations.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

You don't say?

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

feathers wrote:

Or astronauts.
Indeed, the Maker of everything in and under the Heavens (garlic and onions be upon Him) had conveniently forgotten to tell his Prophet (idem) about the tilt of the earth's axis.
If Allah had straightened that axis I'd see that as strong evidence of his existence.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Meanwhile foreign powers finance groups which threaten the foundations of the United Kingdom and try to create authoritarian theocracies on British soil. But I guess it's easier, and less risky, to go after mean Facebook comments.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

feathers wrote:
deLurch wrote:1. Start giving non-citizen terror suspect in the UK the boot. Therisa May claims the human rights laws may have to change for this to happen (after she gets re-elected... why the fuck not do it now).
What to do with unwanted foreigners when no one wants them back- not even their native/passport country?

What to do with those who have no passport, so you must guess their provenance?

Both questions are actual in Denmark and other European countries.
7. Find a solution for what allows the prison system to turn into a Muslim/jihadist recruitment ground.
So, concentration camps.
Madagascar. I thought we settled this one the other day.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Spike13

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by Spike13 »

feathers wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:[.youtube][/youtube]
Washing your car in the rain is not that dumb, it saves you some water and it's far more clever than doing so in the sun.
how do you get rid of the water spots?

feathers

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by feathers »

Spike13 wrote:
feathers wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:[.youtube][/youtube]
Washing your car in the rain is not that dumb, it saves you some water and it's far more clever than doing so in the sun.
how do you get rid of the water spots?
Dry it with acetone, I learned in the lab.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Failblog is thinking of the Pit:
-1.png
(181.53 KiB) Downloaded 143 times

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Kirbmarc wrote: You don't say?
Well at least they have recognized a problem - if only in private.

What they are prepared to do - or if/when the citizens are going to force them to do something is another question.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Meanwhile foreign powers finance groups which threaten the foundations of the United Kingdom and try to create authoritarian theocracies on British soil. But I guess it's easier, and less risky, to go after mean Facebook comments.

Never mind that, these two radical extremists actually carried out a heinous attack on a Mosque using BACON :o
Thank god we have such a progressive justice system here in the UK.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-e ... e-27941589

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Why we’re rescuing refugees between Libya and Europe -British Red Cross
http://blogs.redcross.org.uk/appeals/20 ... ya-europe/

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

Kirbmarc wrote:
I'm going down the Aneris "Muh country !" route here ...

I'm giving the individual who posted this the benefit of the doubt in the sense that they thought they were doing their job, and were motivated, not to waste resources by policing twitter for SJW reasons, but rather to forestall such waste of resources by dissuading 'the trolls'.

Sure, it's rubbish, probably counter-productive and the police have no place in trying to chill free speech with such a generalised message. It's weaselly in that it's a sort of implied equivocation on the word "offence". They want to link the idea of 'caused offence' with that of 'criminal offence' in the minds of the reader. This is a trick I've seen before on police notices and no doubt they think it's very clever.

If it was my county, I'd be writing to the PCC. I would hope it would be sorted out at this level.

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

Kirbmarc wrote:
I'm going down the Aneris "Muh country !" route here ...

I'm giving the individual who posted this the benefit of the doubt in the sense that they thought they were doing their job, and were motivated, not to waste resources by policing twitter for SJW reasons, but rather to forestall such waste of resources by dissuading 'the trolls'.

Sure, it's rubbish, probably counter-productive and the police have no place in trying to chill free speech with such a generalised message. It's weaselly in that it's a sort of implied equivocation on the word "offence". They want to link the idea of 'caused offence' with that of 'criminal offence' in the minds of the reader. This is a trick I've seen before on police notices and no doubt they think it's very clever.

If it was my county, I'd be writing to the PCC. I would hope it would be sorted out at this level.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

free thoughtpolice wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
I just can't slog through listening to Alex Jones. He has a grating voice and says just disgusting things. Link me to a text blog and I might read it.

But as far as Chelsea Clinton goes, some of the most vile and disgusting behavior are those assholes who run around constantly telling Chelsea that "Bill Clinton is a rapist." Even if you believe it is true, what fault of this is hers? I understand that both political parties can pull out some pretty reprehensible rhetoric during campaigns. But Bill Clinton is retired. Hillary Clinton's political career is over for health reasons & repeated failure alone. Chelsea has never run for office of any kind, and has stated she has no interest in running. And I find that credible because if she was going to shoot for president, they would be trying to prime her with a Senate seat just like they did Hillary. Trump won. Game over. Why do people have to be such complete fucking assholes.

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

deLurch wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
I just can't slog through listening to Alex Jones. He has a grating voice and says just disgusting things. Link me to a text blog and I might read it.

But as far as Chelsea Clinton goes, some of the most vile and disgusting behavior are those assholes who run around constantly telling Chelsea that "Bill Clinton is a rapist." Even if you believe it is true, what fault of this is hers? I understand that both political parties can pull out some pretty reprehensible rhetoric during campaigns. But Bill Clinton is retired. Hillary Clinton's political career is over for health reasons & repeated failure alone. Chelsea has never run for office of any kind, and has stated she has no interest in running. And I find that credible because if she was going to shoot for president, they would be trying to prime her with a Senate seat just like they did Hillary. Trump won. Game over. Why do people have to be such complete fucking assholes.
It's that primitive, tribal, us/them sense of collective guilt - if one person from the opposing tribe is like that, they all must be like that. Caveman thinking.

That's the point at which liberals become SJWs, the point at which race realists become racists.

windy

Post by windy »

deLurch wrote:Why we’re rescuing refugees between Libya and Europe -British Red Cross
http://blogs.redcross.org.uk/appeals/20 ... ya-europe/
Yesterday a staggering 6,500 people were rescued in the southern Mediterranean. They may have been fleeing from conflict, persecution, conscription or extreme poverty. No one risks taking this perilously dangerous and frightening journey unless they are fleeing from something even worse.
No one would take that risk unless they were fleeing an even worse fate, like lounging under mango trees and doing odd jobs for mom:
Goundo Wandianga is the only young man left in his village. Or at least, that’s what it feels like.

He spends his days lounging under mango trees in his family’s small village in Casamance, the southern region of Senegal, playing on his phone, doing odd jobs for his mother, and dreaming about Europe.

Everyone else carries on as normal in Sare Bakary, his village. Old men sit on benches cracking peanuts and chatting about cattle, the old days, and past attempts to get to Europe. Their wives and daughters work constantly, watering the garden, cooking lunch, and sweeping up the peanut shells, while children dart in and out between the huts.

But in Sare Bakary, there is no group of surly male adolescents, or strapping young men in their 20s. There is just Goundo.

He is only 21, but all of his friends and even his twin brother have left to seek their fortune elsewhere. Many have taken the perilous road across the Sahara to Libya, and then a boat over the Mediterranean to Italy. Some went by pirogue, a traditional wooden canoe, to Morocco and then to Spain. All of them have risked their lives to get to Europe, get a job, and send money back.
British Red Cross wrote:The passengers will most likely harbour unimaginably terrible memories of the time they spent in Libya – a country which is incredibly dangerous. They may have been held at gunpoint, imprisoned, traded like cattle between the traffickers. They may also have been assaulted – or sexually abused if they are a woman or a young boy. Their families may well have received phone calls to extort money while these loved ones screamed in pain.
And instead of figuring out a way to help them closer to home, you encourage even more people to hand over their life savings to the traffickers, with no guarantee of being allowed to stay in Europe even if you make it.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Hell. It sounds like Goundo Wandianga has it fucking made. So long as he can either grow crops, herd or earn some money, he has the pick of the litter of women. Hell, multiple wives. Income & status is relative.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Not refugees. Migrants. there's a fucking difference.