Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Old subthreads
Sunder

Re: Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Post by Sunder »

Sometimes we all need a little hopeful nugget to chew on.

Here's one:

http://www.reuters.com/article/rpb-adle ... SKBN15F276

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

John D wrote:Go to the 10 minute mark and watch the University Professor tell the cops they should beat up neo-Nazis. Haha. The "intellectual" left has gone "full-retard"..... (and you should never go "full-retard").
Yup, I posted an edited version (the wacky professor of REEEEconomics) a page back. Still, it's always good to get the full context.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Cenk "sweaty retard" Ugyr is the gift that keeps on giving.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Sunder wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:Many lunatics in the left seriously believe that "Nazis are in power" in the US. So basically the only thing that Trump has to do to cover his ass is not be an outright nazi (pretty easy) and they'll look like rabid lunatics.
I don't know. Obama's zaniest opposition were convinced he was going to institute Sharia and build FEMA death camps.
Indeed Obama was also elected to a second term by a comfortable margin...

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Keating wrote:
Hunt wrote:Frenchies are playing hardball these days. No more just defending themselves with baguettes.

Mmmm, baguettes.
And Marine Le Pen's chances just shot way up.
So did the Steersbot's Penotron module.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Tigzy wrote:
Aneris wrote: PS: Everything is Perfect in Krautland™ and I am not writing this because the goverment is monitoring the internet. I know that people have strong feelings with the Brexit thing. I kind of like the limeys and simply think it's not exactly helping anyone, but it doesn't affect me and in the end I don't care. Have fun negotiating with "America First". Brits always excelled at comedy.
GERMANY sent 1.15pm
GO ON THEN JUST GO. YOU KNOW YOU'LL BE LONELY BILLY NO-MATES WITHOUT ME.
GERMANY sent 1.18pm
YOU THINK THAT ORANGE SKINNED BITCH WILL BE AS GOOD FOR YOU AS I WAS LOLOLOLOL
GERMANY sent 1.22pm
WE WERE SO GOOD TOGETHER. WHY COULDN'T YOU SEE THAT?? :-(
GERMANY sent 1.23pm
FUCK OF THEN SEE IF I CARE LOLOLOLOL LOSER!
GERMANY sent 1.29pm
:-(
GERMANY sent 1.31pm
I MISS YOUR LAUGH. I MISS YOUR SENSE OF HUMOR :-(
BRITAIN REPLIED 8.40pm
go away you crazy bitch we're done.
I've offered this guy a Best. Post. Evah! a couple of times before, and he declined since he'd lose his PAM exclusivity, but, damn'!! This IS the Best. Post. Evah!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Pit outage on 2017-02-08.
Howdy, DreamHoster!

We wanted to let you know we are planning a proactive network maintenance on February 8, 2017 at 10:30pm PST in order to further improve network reliability. This has a planned maintenance window of four hours, and will result in server unavailability of up to 45 minutes.

Once the maintenance has begun, please avoid adding or modifying databases on your MySQL server, as we will be unable to process any database-related changes during this time (and those changes may be lost).

This will only affect availability of your web servers and MySQL servers during the maintenance period -- your email will not be affected.

If you'd like to know more about this maintenance, and view please visit https://www.dreamhoststatus.com for further information and updates.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your understanding.

Thanks,
DreamHost

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

DrokkIt wrote:I'll offer you more from the same individual:
I just feel like "social media is telling us what we want to hear" is becoming a catch-all for any solid political stance. Clearly when Richard Spencer talks about wanting to commit genocide or Bannon speaks of wanting total war we are not filtering that through a lens of easily offended leftist mushiness, we're hearing people proudly confess to being Nazis and it's rightly terrifying.
This is what I am dealing with. People have every right to be worried about how they think a policy decision might play out, but that isn't what is going on.
Richard Spencer does not want to commit genocide. People are linking to a satirical article on his website that he didn't even write. These people are fucking lunatics.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

You've been holding out on us FT.

You never said that we could all have slymepit.com email addresses

Guest_b0ba6b61

Post by Guest_b0ba6b61 »

Bhurzum wrote: Cenk "sweaty retard" Ugyr is the gift that keeps on giving.
Note there is only 37 seconds here, but Robert Reich seems to be doing the same thing.

Thunderf00t, who excoriated Lauren Southern over similar shit, needs to ante up and go after Cenk and Reich.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

rayshul wrote:

Richard Spencer does not want to commit genocide. People are linking to a satirical article on his website that he didn't even write. These people are fucking lunatics.

At this point I'm not sure if he or his uncle Frank has caused more trouble.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

deLurch wrote:
rayshul wrote:I thought what he wrote must have been pretty bad - until I read it, and it was lovely and silly and a bit nuts but whatever.
I never read it. I thought its primary attraction was 'shock value.' Is it a worth while read?
Yes, it's a very lovely magical realism story. Two Indian actors miraculously survive a plane crash and kind of morph into an angel and a devil. It's probably the best thing Rushdie did after Midnight's Children.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

rayshul wrote:Richard Spencer does not want to commit genocide. People are linking to a satirical article on his website that he didn't even write. These people are fucking lunatics.
He's also a nobody. He has has much power as PeeZie's blog had power under Obama.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Sunder wrote:
Spike13 wrote:They went against him once already and were forced to come crawling back. I don't think they want to make that mistake again.
The primaries?

Had they not split their base so hard with multiple nominees, we might not even be having this conversation. Republicans are clearly enjoying the liberals losing their minds and don't mind playing ball with Trump, but when he starts endangering the interests of their big donors like the Kochs, he'll have the entire party in unison against him.

Again, the Republicans are the ones with the power in this relationship. Trump's an easy scapegoat if anything goes wrong because he's the outsider. If he gets on the bad side of Republican big money, the ones taking Trump's side against the "fuddy-duddys" are going to be campaigned out of existence.
No after the "pussy grabbing" video during the run up to the general election. You had a lot of prominent Rep. walking away from him and distancing themselves. The republican leadership didn't win the presidential election, Trump did. ( in spite of many of them)

As far as the traditional support and big money, if the guy wants to be a reformer or shake things up, these are some of the hurdles he's going to have to overcome. You can't drain the swamp if you let the swamp keepers continue to hold power and dictate the rules.

Is he going to try and change how things are done? Who knows.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Kirbmarc wrote:
rayshul wrote:Richard Spencer does not want to commit genocide. People are linking to a satirical article on his website that he didn't even write. These people are fucking lunatics.
He's also a nobody. He has has much power as PeeZie's blog had power under Obama.
I'm not quite sure that is true - his profile had being on the rise over the past decade or so (he was one of the stars of the Alt-Right) and had been on Millenial Woes youtube channel (and other youtube hangouts) and had been interviewed by Gavin McInnes at least once.

It seems likely we would have been hearing more of him sooner or later anyway.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

MarcusAu wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
I'm not quite sure that is true - his profile had being on the rise over the past decade or so (he was one of the stars of the Alt-Right) and had been on Millenial Woes youtube channel (and other youtube hangouts) and had been interviewed by Gavin McInnes at least once.

PeeZie has also been in many skeptic cons and went to the movies with Richard Dawkins. He was one of the stars of organized atheism movement.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Aneris wrote:
I try to understand what the other side means, which requires some level of cooperation on your part, too.
This is your first sentence. A call for effort to understand the subtleties & layers of the other side. Fine. What's your next sentence?
The core point here is that MRA either agree to historical wrongs against women, or they don’t.
Black & white. Yes or no! You're either with us, or you're against us. No room for subtle layers. Make up your mind-- do you demand Karen Straughan provide a layered model with complex dimensions, or a simple up/down thumb? :lol:

You accuse her of obfuscation when she provides the former. And over-simplification when she provides the latter.
I said my impression (overwhelmingly) is that they deny this or are at least are super reluctant about it. You now vehemently give the impression this isn’t the case. Yet when I start the video of Straughan again, she states it clearly in the first few minutes. The trust of my argument was correct, as I see.
You are ridiculous. Simply providing a link back to the original video & declaring, "see, I'm right," is not an argument with any substance. You say I gave the "impression" you are wrong. It wasn't a mere impression. I provided a series of substantial points, with supporting evidence, & pinpointed flaws in your assumptions. You breeze past all that, content that you already-knew all the right answers. :?
Kirbmarc has discussed with you the point of traditionalism and conservatism. You are also refusing to see the forest there, while standing with the nose leaned against a tree trunk.
False. You asked me to describe 3 things: religion, traditionalism & conservativism. I complied. I described the first two-- and said the third is so identical to the first 2 that it's generally redundant to count it as a separate category... a separate tree in the forest... except, in this specific case, there is a significant subset of american-style conservatives whose adherence to liberal/libertarian values -does- make them different... and Karen Straughan is in that 'tree'. For example, she attended the New Hampshire libertarian party convention & spoke as a panelist on the topic "Do we [libertarians] need feminism?" Kirbmarc failed at reading-comprehension & thought I said paleo/libertarian conservatives dominate the american political landscape & bible-thumper creationists don't-exist. You inhaled that brainfart from Kirbmarc, not me. :think: I am scattering my reply with smilies, to catch bystanders' eyes, so a crowd may gather to point and laugh at you.
As if you never heard of the husband as considered head of the family; never came into contact with monotheism where a male deity is the supreme ruler; never noticed how Islam or Purity movement, or conservatives in general go after female sexuality, and try to impose ownership over girls and women, through purity rings, garments and the likes. As if you never ever seen a vintage ad, which portray how women are supposed to be servile and keep their husbands happy when he comes home. As if you are completely obtuse about “traditional family” sometimes including the infantilization of the wive as far as allowing the husband to discipline her; or expecting sexual availability when he wants it, and it’s her “duty” to conform.
You're getting carried away with your own pompous voice, again. I clearly -have- heard of these things, and am happy to discuss them. For example, I used the word 'coverture' previously, didn't I? Karen Straughan has addressed these topics at great length, such as in this video: Here's a excerpt from the youtube lowbar: " Violence against women has always been abhorred by society, as evidenced by historical laws protecting women (and only women) and recorded incidents of convictions and vigilante justice.

And what about battered men? Society never used to be able to afford to ignore them. Battered men were, in fact, ridiculed and held in contempt by communities, subjected to ritualized public humiliations rather than helped. Why? And why does society now ignore their existence, when even 200 years ago communities, in their own way, at least acknowledged the problem.

Nether domestic violence by men against women, or by women against men, was acceptable to society, though their response to one was VERY different from their response to the other."
:goatsebun:

The spirit of this argument was to illustrate that the arrow backwards leads to setup, often around the family nucleus, where the wive is a step below her husband, in other words, historically inequality baked into the family Straughan denies.

Karl Marx said the nuclear family was a micro-version of capitalism, with the man as the rapacious tyrant exploiting his own wife & children, like a parasite. [I think freud would notice that Marx's solution is for the child to rise-up/ kill the father/ and fuck the mother.]

I don't know if you're aware the the feminist model which you subscribe-to is so fundamentally tied to cultural marxism... but Karen Straughan is well-aware. That's why she mentioned the feminist Declaration of Sentiments & the Communist Manifesto in the same breath.
I contrast this understanding of historical wrongs within patriarchies with Teh Patriarchy™ as proposed in the contemporary postmodernist feminist discourse, which I reject as it operates with a silly oppressor/oppressed dichotomy, which is also ahistorical nonsense. But that is decidedly not what you or Straughan are bringing forward. She does not make any distinctions at all, against your adamant assurances to the contrary.
She specifically states in the video that marx-style patriarchy theory is NOT a contemporary afterthought to recent-waves of feminism, but was there from the start. Karen quoted the document, "The history of mankind is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations on the part of man toward woman, having in direct object the establishment of an absolute tyranny :o over her."
Consider a straircase where each step represents social standing, the higher the better. The butcher is somewhere on a lower stair, but above the panhandler. The king is on a stair at the top. But where are the women? Postmodernist feminism implies through oppressor-oppressed ideas that women are on their own stairs located below that of the men (which areTeh Patriarchy™). But consider to spread men out that they only occupy the even stairs. A female counterpart is located on the uneven stairs. The queen underneath the king, the butcher's wive below the butcher, the prostitute at the bottom even lower than the panhandler. Before you nitpick with this construction already, keep in mind the the whole lesson about distributions and tendencies. Reality isn't a staircase; things aren't as neatly laid out. But on balance, the picture is correct. On balance, the female counterpart, the miller's wife is a step beneath the miller and had to answer to him.
My black lesbian stripper friend, Chicava Honeychild, who lives in the Bed-Stuy ghetto & studied post-modernist theory at Sarah Lawrence college-- identifies as a Womanist, black heretics against your feminist dogma. She rejects Feminism because it "pedestalizes" the white woman. Here's Chicava stripping, by the way:

Chicava, Karen Straughan, and myself say your stairstep model is insufficient. Instead, each step is a man-- and on it is a little pedestal-- a cloistered tower where he must chivalrously defend the white woman-- ahead of his own narrow life & liberty. Feminism replicates the chivalry model of traditionalism.... feminism doesn't deviate from religion, traditionalism, or garden-variety conservatism... they all venerate the apex strongman who protects/infantilizes women&children & Others fellow-men with xenophobic suspicion.
The postmodernist feminist argue about Teh Patriarchy™ as a cultural force, which is ahistorical nonsense.

There was never a golden-age of feminism pre-dating that ahistorical nonsense.

The remaining paragraphs are pure Aneris. As your words gain momentum, you pedantically lecture, as-if MRAs require remedial help. If you seriously don't think Karen Straughan is aware of all-this, then you just don't know who you're presuming-to debate, or what you're talking about-- when you critique her position.
But consider that in the distant past, physical and biological realities had a bigger impact on our ancestors. Only women could ensure the survival of the family and the tribe, but at once were vulnerable during pregnancy, less productive otherwise, are physically weaker and so on. Men had an interest to be on guard, to avoid raising the milkman's child. Physical strength was important in honour culture, and such factors conspire to make women trying to seek a guardian of sorts, from whom she became dependent. She couldn't exactly call the cops. A divine order emerged, but ancient principles were then carved into stone. Social norms and legal punishment ensured that basic interests of everyone (from that vantage point) were mediated, but of course perpetuated that wifes had to obey their husband. Your ancestors were people, too. Some certainly loved each other, treated each other well and we know from history books that occasionally the wife was the secret head of the household, who organized and took care of everything. Nonetheless, when push came to shove, the principle and basic setup was that she is dependent from him, and can do little about it. A lone woman had suitors and had to make arrangements to get some guy to cover her back, or society would judge her, and throw her down the stairs eventually. Once again, none of this means that men had it easy or necessary better overall. It only means that in the social order and power relations they had a relative upper hand compared to the female counterpart.

The criticism from my direction towards Social Justice Warriors, postmodernists and Intersectionality movement is that they imply a skyhook top-down oppression, which is uniform, i.e. Teh Patriarchy™ and which they seek to change through culture, and attitudes, whereas I believe this structure arises bottom-up, and cannot be divorced from biology (initially) economic conditions, which where then institutionalized. For such reasons similar conditions arouse around the globe. This is one line of criticism only, more is in the assumptions of what is power and about mindsets or attitudes. And this is barely the starting point to me. Where the dependencies still exit and are institutionlized, the feminist project has still work to do, and that is clearly the case in Islam, in conservatism generally (which seeks to undo gains made) and in poor economic conditions that make people more dependent, and which can throw them back into a state where the only thing they can offer is their body.
:rimshot:

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Kirbmarc wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:

PeeZie has also been in many skeptic cons and went to the movies with Richard Dawkins. He was one of the stars of organized atheism movement.
In PZ's case the trajectory has been in the opposite direction.

This plot concerning two star crossed lovers has already been filmed at least twice (see 'A Star is Born' ).

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Some good pushback, some idiocy, but holee kow - this comment:
Interesting how Kroger in Smyrna, TN (store number 553) is hiring but my Kroger application only sends me email notices for employment at stores located in Nashville, TN. When I applied with Kroger, online at the public library, it was for a job at the Smyrna store. Who doesn't want me working in Smyrna? (criminals in the RCSO) Why would they want me working in Nashville? Could it be so that a tragic mugging at the Nashville store, outside their jurisdiction, would appear unconnected to their continuing cover-up? The criminals in the RCSO have been manipulating my employment for over four years now. This is an example of what life is like under Republican Tea Party tyranny. America, either impeach Trump or get ready for this kind of bullshit!

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Sunder wrote:Sometimes we all need a little hopeful nugget to chew on.

Here's one:

Reuters in my opinion is the most reliable news source out there.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Allegations coming out the FBI is investigating the mayor for inciting the Milo riot and for whoever told the police to stand down while the riot was in full swing.

!!! WTF

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

There is nothing in any media source except twitter etc links. Is this a story or is this bullshit?!

Malky

Post by Malky »

Brive1987 wrote:Bourke.

Apparently I almost reduced the "Head of Academic Studies" at my daughters school to tears today.

I'd feel bad if she hadn't been such an officious bitch. Next time I might actually call her names, or yell or swear and not just forcibly point out her unprofessional bullshit. Details Please

In other news I've had the CIO of a major bank in his multi million dollar property moan about spending 1000 bucks to replace a rotten shared paling fence.

Then I had my wife accuse me of assault with a bulky mat. Don't ask. But I'm innocent.

Meanwhile our dog will only eat quality fresh meat. The bastard is consuming my steak.

I intend to get drunk tonight in front of Fox News. Just to top and tail the madness that's engulfing me.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

free thoughtpolice wrote:

Here's one:

CNN headline:

https://ibankcoin.com/zeropointnow/file ... 4x1024.jpg

CNN app notification:

https://ibankcoin.com/zeropointnow/file ... cation.png

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

rayshul wrote:There is nothing in any media source except twitter etc links. Is this a story or is this bullshit?!
http://archive.is/tEPeI

I think I've located some fake news!! I've been looking around at sources and can't find them - I've written to those people named at this point.

OMFG I FEEL LIKE A JOURNALIST FOLLOWING UP ON A STORY

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Malky wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Bourke.

Apparently I almost reduced the "Head of Academic Studies" at my daughters school to tears today.

I'd feel bad if she hadn't been such an officious bitch. Next time I might actually call her names, or yell or swear and not just forcibly point out her unprofessional bullshit. Details Please

In other news I've had the CIO of a major bank in his multi million dollar property moan about spending 1000 bucks to replace a rotten shared paling fence.

Then I had my wife accuse me of assault with a bulky mat. Don't ask. But I'm innocent.

Meanwhile our dog will only eat quality fresh meat. The bastard is consuming my steak.

I intend to get drunk tonight in front of Fox News. Just to top and tail the madness that's engulfing me.

Oh nothing terribly exciting - they swapped out the teacher she'd had for a core subject which had remained wonderfully constant for 4 years just before she started her HSC year. When my wife politely pointed out via email that this might not be for the best and provided two phone numbers we got a form "piss off" response and a suggestion that if daughter was having troubles she could flick this to a "pastoral care" session. From a school where you pay 30k a year.

I began the call with a "both tone and content of your email was inappropriate, I'd like to hear from you why I shouldn't escalate this immediately as you dont appear to have the understanding or will to engage with the issues" and went on from there.

She apparently went "zoom" in a state and now it's the deputy headmistress' problem. I'm sure she's thrilled. I get to switch tracks on Monday as I present my required outcome and plan in a reasonable fashion.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

rayshul wrote:
rayshul wrote:There is nothing in any media source except twitter etc links. Is this a story or is this bullshit?!
http://archive.is/tEPeI

I think I've located some fake news!! I've been looking around at sources and can't find them - I've written to those people named at this point.

OMFG I FEEL LIKE A JOURNALIST FOLLOWING UP ON A STORY
Quick. Buy a moleskine and prepare a pre-chewed pencil. :dance:

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

free thoughtpolice

Speaking about fake news:
Giliell, professional cynic -Ilk- says
February 2, 2017 at 9:59 am
Fuck, fuck fuck. Police is razing the Standing Rock Camp to the ground
February 2, 2017 at 10:05 am
Also, last night I watched a film and a documentary about Hannah Arendt. I want to sit the entire USA down and make them watch it.
I’m also convinced that that Nazi bastard Heidegger just couldn’t take it that he was outclassed by a Jewish woman.
Saad says
February 2, 2017 at 10:19 am
Giliell,
Your link at 152 doesn’t work for me. Do you mind posting it again?
February 2, 2017 at 10:24 am
Saad
Sorry: http://bipartisanreport.com/2017/02/02/ ... und-video/
Saad says
February 2, 2017 at 1:05 pm
Wow, what a shock…
Dressed up genocide continues.
The video, now taken down was a clip from a movie depicting soldiers in the 19th century burning down a Lakota village at Wounded Knee.
Gilliel posted that yesterday and the dunces still haven't figured out it is a hoax. :lol:
Dressed up genocide indeed, including period piece military uniforms.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
you'll have Trump in 2020 and Ivanka Trump in 2036.

I'd do Trump in 2020 if I had half a chance to do Ivanka in 2036.

I'd wait patiently, little blue pills in hand.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Lsuoma wrote: I've offered this guy a Best. Post. Evah! a couple of times before, and he declined since he'd lose his PAM exclusivity, but, damn'!! This IS the Best. Post. Evah!
Thank you, Fascist Tit. It's just like getting an OM off PZ Myers, so tis.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Read that link to the end OMFG

free thoughtpolice

The Wounded Knee video in question, posted by Mystic Dave, whose account is now yanked from youtube, I believe was taken from or similar to the scene at about 3:10 on this clip:
[youtube][/youtube]

free thoughtpolice

[youtube][/youtube]

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-of ... -and-union

This one too. The press questions wtf!

free thoughtpolice

Untrustworthy left wing snopes considers the burning of the camp a hoax so maybe it happened.
http://www.snopes.com/police-burn-standing-rock-camp/

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Nah. It looks like an evolutionary coup - military isolated from NSC, Homeland Security ignoring courts, removal of checks and balances in policy creation. This approach is different in kind not degree. And it's what - Week 2 ?
Oh, well, if you want to believe this is a planned coup for the fascist Trump regime, and not simply a way for Trump to get the thing he wants done quickly so then he can get down to business, be my guest. We'll see what happens I guess.
Come on man you are better than that. Evolutionary coup <> planned fascist takeover. The point is that by purposely (and successfully) circumventing structures that inhibit unilateral decision making trump is ushering in a new model that subverts the old. It's an interesting thought that doesn't require you to see a lib-left nightmare 'night of the long knives'. Though I am concerned how have the subversion has to go. My under-appreciated enablement act joke pic explored that. But no one was interested. Which is why I hate this place.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Bhurzum wrote:Ever wonder where "Aids Skrillex" and his "comrades" get their ideas from?

Wonder no more...

[youtube][/youtube]

Infamy beckons.
I don't know her real name (yet) and I'm two pages behind, so probably :nin: 'd, but I absolutely adore the nickname TriggelyProf.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Bhurzum wrote:[.tweet][/tweet]

Cenk "sweaty retard" Ugyr is the gift that keeps on giving.
Indeed - remember watching his melt-down on Young Turks just after the election; a surfeit of schadenfreude. The latest illustration, courtesy of Dave Rubin:

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Billie from Ockham wrote:I don't know her real name (yet) and I'm two pages behind, so probably :nin: 'd, but I absolutely adore the nickname TriggelyProf.
I tried to get "professor of REEEEconomics" off the ground but no bugger ran with it.

:(

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Steersman wrote:Indeed - remember watching his melt-down on Young Turks just after the election; a surfeit of schadenfreude. The latest illustration, courtesy of Dave Rubin:
I just hope he has a full-on meltdown on a live feed. A Bill O'reilly "Fuck it, we'll do it live" type sperg-out would really make my day :D

Billie from Ockham

Oh, my. TriggleyProf works at NYU's Abu Dhabi satellite campus. That's too cool.

(Is it OK to post a link that includes her real name?)

free thoughtpolice

Remember Dalillama's commune with the methane digester in the basement? Well it's still on.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1o25 ... ACbk/edit#
The primary purpose of the Rainbow Foundry is to serve as a sanctuary for the oppressed in the face of rising neofascist sentiment. The Foundry will provide residents with food, shelter, and opportunities for meaningful work.
Quite a detailed plan, all they need is a hundred people to fork over $90,000 and relocate to Portland or maybe someplace in the "Vancouver Mountains" wherever the fuck that is (maybe near Vancouver Washington?).

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

screwtape wrote:
Steersman wrote:
feathers wrote: <snip>
I thought it's your glove you throw into the ring.
Maybe location dependent colloquialism? But seems to have some venerable (UK) provenance: ...
Fer Glub's sake! All of these are true and accurate meanings ...
:-) Been forever since I've run across that word - Glub; a coon's age, even. From Lewis' "The Screwtape Letters" if I'm not mistaken. En passant, you might be interested in an amusing spoof thereof from Stephen Law that I ran across trying to confirm the reference.
screwtape wrote:As an example of #2, I'm sure you all recall the first official American squadron to become active on the western front in 1917, as their emblem was this:
150px-94th_Fighter_Squadron.png
We shall pass lightly over why they may have been three years late to the party, other than to point out that isolationism, exceptionalism, and the Monroe Doctrine have led to more than one such instance. One hopes Generalissimo Trump is not about to embark his nation on another period of struthionism.

Yep, I made that one up. Neologism ©screwtape 2017
:-) Though I think that "Generalissimo Trump" is not particularly isolationist, just not so quick to buy into the "conventional wisdom" as to who "our" (the West's) real, existential, enemies really are. That is, Islam. Apropos of which, you might check out:
Flynn: Prophet Muhammad and Quran Are “Incompatible” With Modernity

by Eli Clifton

National Security Advisor-designate Michael T. Flynn is a lightning rod for controversies surrounding the Trump transition team. Yesterday, 53 advocacy groups released a joint statement urging President-elect Donald Trump to rescind his appointment of Flynn, describing him as a “completely inappropriate choice to serve in the most senior national security position in the White House.” Flynn, the letter notes, exhibits a “lack of respect for the rights and dignity of Muslims.”

In a previously unreported video, reviewed by LobeLog, of an interview at the Republican National Convention, Flynn directly attacks the prophet Muhammad and the Quran and blames the introduction of Islam for the Middle East’s alleged failure to “become modern.” ...
Indeed - fuck "the dignity of Muslims", and one might cast a very skeptical eye over their "rights" too. Calling a spade a fucking shovel - about time a U.S. President had the balls to say that.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:

Here's one:

CNN headline:

[.img]https://ibankcoin.com/zeropointnow/file ... 4x1024.jpg[/img]

CNN app notification:

[.img]https://ibankcoin.com/zeropointnow/file ... cation.png[/img]
Yea, pretty shoddy. Though the NYTimes is no better in terms of manifesting egregious bias:

John D

Post by John D »

Looks like the Democrats have chosen their midterm election strategy. They will double down on the name calling. I am sure I will have to live with two years of my family and friends calling me a racist and "white Supremacist".

Here is that old hag Pelosi calling Bannon a white supremacist. Let the double-down begin.

[youtube][/youtube]

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Something funny from the world of identity politics: YT directed me to a video compilation of car crashes. A few commenters got into an argument over whether a particular crash was caused by the person driving being a woman or being a Russian. Hilariously one of the people insisting it happened because all women are incapable of driving brought out the "it's unfair to smear an entire nation of people because of a few bad eggs" defense.

Billie from Ockham

Sunder wrote:Something funny from the world of identity politics: YT directed me to a video compilation of car crashes. A few commenters got into an argument over whether a particular crash was caused by the person driving being a woman or being a Russian. Hilariously one of the people insisting it happened because all women are incapable of driving brought out the "it's unfair to smear an entire nation of people because of a few bad eggs" defense.
Given my love of both car-crash videos and internet arguments, link, please.

Yu-ee-mat-zah!

ps. if you haven't wasted hours on Stop-Jam, do so. e.g.,
[youtube][/youtube]

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Lsuoma wrote:
Keating wrote:
Hunt wrote:Frenchies are playing hardball these days. No more just defending themselves with baguettes.

Mmmm, baguettes.
And Marine Le Pen's chances just shot way up.
So did the Steersbot's Penotron module.
:lol:

Apropos of "baguettes":
The Latest: Louvre attacker near death; said to be Egyptian

1 hour ago
PARIS (AP) — The Latest on an attack outside the Louvre Museum in Paris (all times local):

9:25 p.m.

A French prosecutor says the man who attacked soldiers in front of the Louvre Museum is believed to be a 29-year-old Egyptian who was living in the United Arab Emirates, but his identity has not been formally confirmed yet.

Prosecutor Francois Molins says at a news conference Friday night that the French soldiers' quick reactions put an end to "a terror attack" Friday morning at one of Paris' most iconic tourist attractions. He says "everything shows that the assailant was very determined." ...
#NothingToDoWithIslam ... "Trump slated to add Egypt and Saudi Arabia to list of proscribed Muslim countries"(#fakenews but hopefully ...)

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Billie from Ockham wrote:Given my love of both car-crash videos and internet arguments, link, please.

Was somewhere in there although from checking out more of these ragging on women and Russians alike for poor driving seems to be a trend.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

As much as I've enjoyed the SJW meltdown so far, this is the price it cost:

A lunatic nominate to Education Secretary.

A businessman with all kinds of conflicts of interest, made Secretary of State.

A Supreme Court judge nominee who believes corporations have the rights of citizens but none of the responsibilities.

A renege on negotiating pharma prices.

A botched military operation in Yemen.

A clusterfuck of an immigration ban that excludes the countries actually exporting terrorists.

Legislation that permits mentally ill people to buy guns.

Legislation that allows coal companies to dump mine waste in streams.

Legislation to allow Right to Work in all states-this effectively guts unions.

I'm almost missing ridiculous memos regarding Title IX.

Billie from Ockham

Steersman wrote:#NothingToDoWithIslam ... "Trump slated to add Egypt and Saudi Arabia to list of proscribed Muslim countries"(#fakenews but hopefully ...)
If Trump actually has the balls (and drive for consistency) to put Saudi Arabia on his list, then I might start to like the guy.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Nah. It looks like an evolutionary coup - military isolated from NSC, Homeland Security ignoring courts, removal of checks and balances in policy creation. This approach is different in kind not degree. And it's what - Week 2 ?
Oh, well, if you want to believe this is a planned coup for the fascist Trump regime, and not simply a way for Trump to get the thing he wants done quickly so then he can get down to business, be my guest. We'll see what happens I guess.
Come on man you are better than that. Evolutionary coup <> planned fascist takeover. The point is that by purposely (and successfully) circumventing structures that inhibit unilateral decision making trump is ushering in a new model that subverts the old. It's an interesting thought that doesn't require you to see a lib-left nightmare 'night of the long knives'. Though I am concerned how have the subversion has to go. My under-appreciated enablement act joke pic explored that. But no one was interested. Which is why I hate this place.
Sorry, I've been a judgmental cunt. I usually strive to be better than that. It was a knee-jerk reaction and unworthy of the cool-headed analyses I try to churn out.

In my (partial) defense I've been discussing this argument with lots of people who seem really convinced of the "night of the long knives" scenario. Yes, Trump is subverting old models and traditions. It may backfire, as you say.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Steersman wrote:
screwtape wrote: Fer Glub's sake! All of these are true and accurate meanings ...
:-) Been forever since I've run across that word - Glub; a coon's age, even. From Lewis' "The Screwtape Letters" if I'm not mistaken. En passant, you might be interested in an amusing spoof thereof from Stephen Law that I ran across trying to confirm the reference.
Thank you for the spoof. Sadly, the Glub I referred to was the mythic deity of alt.tasteless in the 90's.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Service Dog wrote:This is your first sentence. A call for effort to understand the subtleties & layers of the other side. Fine. What's your next sentence? Black & white. Yes or no! You're either with us, or you're against us. No room for subtle layers. Make up your mind-- do you demand Karen Straughan provide a layered model with complex dimensions, or a simple up/down thumb? :lol: You accuse her of obfuscation when she provides the former. And over-simplification when she provides the latter.
Of course obscurantism is characterized by moving targets, unwillingess to take a position, playing motte and bailey games, and switching back and forth between near-sight, and far-sight. If contextualized, and summarized, it's considered a misrepresentation. If quoted, it's considered quote-mined and ripped out of context. The task here was simple and had nothing to do with black and white or with us or against us. I merely dared to question a video you shared.

In that video, Karen Straughan says right in the headline that she isn't a feminist, and right in the first few minutes that she rejects the common premises in feminism, specifically the historical perspective. And because she doesn't share those assumptions, she is not a feminist. I understand that her words are apparantly like art or sacred to you, and cannot be reproduced by anyone without losing the essence. But my summary sits in harmony with what generally oozes out of the MRA department, which is a sort of history revisionism. But when you really have no position, only grievances, I am not sure what you want to discuss. Oddly enough, you later restate what I summarized ...
Service Dog wrote:She specifically states in the video that marx-style patriarchy theory is NOT a contemporary afterthought to recent-waves of feminism, but was there from the start. Karen quoted the document, "The history of mankind is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations on the part of man toward woman, having in direct object the establishment of an absolute tyranny :o over her."
... which Straughan and you reject. Which I wrote all along. The point here is whether historical injusticed existed, or not. And yet you bite into "contemporary" as if this changes anything. So okay, feminists always were on about The Patriarchy, which isn't true, but let's assume it for a moment. And now what? That's Creationism logic, man. Moreoever, this perceived thought stopper of yours isn't even one. I pointed to contemporary social justice warriors to explain where I stand on that issue. In other words, the important point is that you both are history revisionists who are, just as characterized two posts ago, reluctant to concede historical situation as explained and you complaints about that are smokes and mirrors. Next, you allege...
Service Dog wrote:You are ridiculous. Simply providing a link back to the original video & declaring, "see, I'm right," is not an argument with any substance. You say I gave the "impression" you are wrong. It wasn't a mere impression. I provided a series of substantial points, with supporting evidence, & pinpointed flaws in your assumptions. You breeze past all that, content that you already-knew all the right answers. :?
Commonly, providing a link and pointing to a time in a video when something is stated is a way for other people to assess it. That way, you can find the part, understand the reference, and steward the discussion towards some understanding. But you explained your views before that you think discussion is about pointing out "flaws in assumptions". It remains a dubious discourse style. After all, they aren't my assumptions, but my take away from what Straugan says. When I got her wrong, it changes nothing about the subject matter. You only derailed in a vain attempt to dispel criticism.

However, it is exactly what you believe. In fact, this whole sharade is a great illustration of mealy-mouthed reluctance to clearly acknowledge injustice against women across history. You want to have that position, but when characterized as such, you waffle about "black and white" and "with us or against us". This is a truth claim which can be understood as the question whether you agree, that on balance, and all things considered, there have been such injustices. Unlike you, Karen Straughan stated her position clearly. She says "no". It's telling that this is already tantamount to side-taking. For example, you can believe that such injustices existed, but are resolved now.
Service Dog wrote:False. You asked me to describe 3 things: religion, traditionalism & conservativism. I complied. I described the first two-- and said the third is so identical to the first 2 that it's generally redundant to count it as a separate category... a separate tree in the forest... except, in this specific case, there is a significant subset of american-style conservatives whose adherence to liberal/libertarian values -does- make them different... and Karen Straughan is in that 'tree'. For example, she attended the New Hampshire libertarian party convention & spoke as a panelist on the topic "Do we [libertarians] need feminism?" Kirbmarc failed at reading-comprehension & thought I said paleo/libertarian conservatives dominate the american political landscape & bible-thumper creationists don't-exist. You inhaled that brainfart from Kirbmarc, not me. :think: I am scattering my reply with smilies, to catch bystanders' eyes, so a crowd may gather to point and laugh at you.
I didn't ask you to describe something, I provided you with religion, traditionalism & conservativism as examples where older beliefs and gender roles and such things are still contained, and which can serve as a window into the past. They could perhaps illustrate the sort of assumptions which Straughan and you reject.
Service Dog wrote:You're getting carried away with your own pompous voice, again. I clearly -have- heard of these things, and am happy to discuss them. For example, I used the word 'coverture' previously, didn't I? Karen Straughan has addressed these topics at great length, such as in this video: Here's a excerpt from the youtube lowbar: " Violence against women has always been abhorred by society, as evidenced by historical laws protecting women (and only women) and recorded incidents of convictions and vigilante justice. And what about battered men? Society never used to be able to afford to ignore them. Battered men were, in fact, ridiculed and held in contempt by communities, subjected to ritualized public humiliations rather than helped. Why? And why does society now ignore their existence, when even 200 years ago communities, in their own way, at least acknowledged the problem. Nether domestic violence by men against women, or by women against men, was acceptable to society, though their response to one was VERY different from their response to the other."

Hide and seek. This is entirely in line how I characterized your views, where you adamantly claimed it was a misrepresentation, and yet here we are again. You assert "violence against women has always been abhorred by society", the very denial of assumptions from above. How about you substantiate that part, because that already strikes me as history revisionism. To give you a good target, in line with conservatism, religion and traditionalism from above. How about Islam: What about Dear Muslima. You might start there.

Or how about the Christian Purity movement. You bring up battered men, but what about them? I doubt they throw off the general trends and tendencies in history. I even brought up loving couples and such, which all murky the situation somewhat and yet none of this is enough to uproot the understanding of a majority of academics across discplines. Actually, this was all addressed, how for example the existence of tall women and midget men do not invalidate that "men are taller than women" etcetera.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Breaking news.

New advert on FTB.

http://i.imgur.com/0GT4YiB.jpg

On Caine's blog she hauls up the pity flag:
Sorry, sorry, sorry

But the first few days after pain clinic are rough ones; I should have taken yesterday off. The spinal injection site is very sore and tender, I’m beyond tired and grouchy, so I’m taking the day. Back on Friday, and my apologies.
Only to have Oggy elbow his way in :
Take care of yourself.
I am no longer going for the spinal injections. When I was taking them, I felt fine for about four hours and then 24 to 36 hours of shit descended.
Before Chigau chimes:
I have just realised that the top-pic is an amazingly accurate mapping of my own
points-of-pain. Not the top of the head but everything else and others.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Sorry, I've been a judgmental cunt. I usually strive to be better than that. It was a knee-jerk reaction and unworthy of the cool-headed analyses I try to churn out.

In my (partial) defense I've been discussing this argument with lots of people who seem really convinced of the "night of the long knives" scenario. Yes, Trump is subverting old models and traditions. It may backfire, as you say.
:clap:

I don't really hate this place.