Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Old subthreads
shoutinghorse

Re: Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Post by shoutinghorse »

Brive1987 wrote:Fuck me.

http://i.imgur.com/k3fK9v0.jpg

Inside thoughts Becky.

Has she just dressed that poor mutt in a pair of 'mugfriend' Chris's old boxer shorts?
No wonder the thing looks permantly depressed.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Pie on the recent stateside civil unrest...

[youtube][/youtube]

"Sack of minge" - added to vocabulary :lol:

Mr. X, Indeed

Post by Mr. X, Indeed »

Bhurzum wrote:Pie on the recent stateside civil unrest...

[youtube][/youtube]

Glad I checked before posting. He's spot on.

dogen

Post by dogen »

I once enjoyed the True Taste of Scotland in a pub in Edinburgh. Sunday morning, hung over, looking for hair of the dog and comfort food. Ordered nachos. When the food came out, the landlord confessed the sour cream had gone bad, so he had substituted mayo.

:o

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Kirbmarc wrote: The subordination of women to their husbands was a thing.
You're merely repeating the half-truth of Patriarchy Theory. You (and Olympe de Gouge & today's Feminism) see only the way wives were subordinate to husbands, ignoring the ways husbands were subordinate to wives... such as a husband being jailed on behalf of his wife for her unpaid debts, or the husband being jailed for failing to control his wife, if she assaulted someone.

Karen Straughan says that half-truth is inadequate for her to endorse feminism-- it skews everything from fair courts to public education to tax-spending to foreign policy to boys' & girls' self-image to relationship advice.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Brive1987 wrote:It's 37 degrees. I'm sick of this weather.
I just came down from the mountain. 1 hour ride on the bike in non-stop rain, temperatures ranging from 3° to 5° (Celsius). I'm not sure I've ever been that soaked and freezing before.

I totally loved it.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Fuck me.

http://i.imgur.com/k3fK9v0.jpg

Inside thoughts Becky.

Has she just dressed that poor mutt in a pair of 'mugfriend' Chris's old boxer shorts?
No wonder the thing looks permantly depressed.
That dog is crying out for a Matt Taylor shirt shoop.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

dogen wrote:I once enjoyed the True Taste of Scotland in a pub in Edinburgh. Sunday morning, hung over, looking for hair of the dog and comfort food. Ordered nachos. When the food came out, the landlord confessed the sour cream had gone bad, so he had substituted mayo.
"Edinburgh - a wretched hive of scum and villainy" - Lonely Planet guidebook to Scotland, 2012.

"All points within [the city limits] are swathed in mediocrity because Edinbronians are a terrible bunch of cunts" - HRH Queen Elizabeth II, post "meet and greet" interview in Edinburgh.

"Fuck me, I think I just stood in shite" - Pope John Paul ii upon stepping off his plane in Edinburgh airport, 2005.

"Edinburgh? Even the rats wear gas masks in that shite-hole" - Dalai Lama, 2012.

I could go on but you get the point.

Edinburgh, not even once.

http://cdn.yjc.ir/files/fa/news/1394/11 ... 74_231.jpg

Pictured: Shuggy MacGlumpher, head of the Edinburgh tourist board, shortly before losing his battle with scurvy in 2016.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Service Dog wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: The subordination of women to their husbands was a thing.
You're merely repeating the half-truth of Patriarchy Theory. You (and Olympe de Gouge & today's Feminism) see only the way wives were subordinate to husbands, ignoring the ways husbands were subordinate to wives... such as a husband being jailed on behalf of his wife for her unpaid debts, or the husband being jailed for failing to control his wife, if she assaulted someone.

Karen Straughan says that half-truth is inadequate for her to endorse feminism-- it skews everything from fair courts to public education to tax-spending to foreign policy to boys' & girls' self-image to relationship advice.
Men were jailed for failing to control their wives because wives were assumed to be punished privately, by their husbands, and unable to be responsible of anything.

The problem with your (and Straughan's) argument that "subordination of women" is a "half-truth" is that things you write about aren't "husband being subordinate to wives", they're treating wives like children or animals, without legal agency or responsibility. You're not considered subordinated to your children, but you're the one to pay for their debts if they're minors, and you're jailed or fined for their actions if they're under a certain age. You're not subordinated to your pets, but if your dog bites the mailman you pay for damages and go to jail, not the dog. Hell, people were supposed to pay for the damage done by their slaves: does this mean that they were subordinated to their slaves?

You seem to be unable to understand that what at least one part of feminism originally was about was equal rights AND equal responsibilities, about considering women adults with agency and independence just like men. Libertarian feminism was a thing. If you don't want to call it feminism, fine, don't call it feminism, call it "women's rights", but whatever it was some women fought for equal rights, and it was a good thing to do.

It's only after "responsibility" was dropped (largely due to the predominant marxist narrative of Patriarchy as the social equivalent of Capitalism) that the current "woe is me" feminism became the dominant narrative and women are once again patronized assumed not to be able to do sex work if they choose to (because all sex work is RAPE) or to defend themselves by avoiding danger (that's victim blaming!111!!) or not to crumble like paper because of mean words on the Internet (women have it harder! men are told that they'll be killed, women that they'll be raped!).

Equal rights without equal responsibilities are only entitlement. This isn't true just for women, it's true for everyone. If you want freedom of speech for yourself you have the responsibility to respect the freedom of speech of others, that's why the "punch the nazis!" crowd are illiberal bastards with no ethics beyond their deranged ideology, and yes, just as authoritarian as the nazis. If you want the right to vote you have the responsibility to accept the result of legitimate elections. If you want to have the right to a fair a legal system you need presumption of innocence for everyone, not just for you when you're under trial for your crimes and not for people on trial for other crimes (yes, including rape, sexual assault and other sex crimes, my dear deranged SJWs).

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

[youtube][/youtube]

Wild Zontargs

Post by Wild Zontargs »

Suet Cardigan wrote:
Wait, Canada is "founded on slavery"?! From the wiki:
By 1800 the other provinces of British North America had effectively limited slavery through court decisions requiring the strictest proof of ownership, which was rarely available. In 1819, John Robinson Attorney General of Upper Canada declared that by residing in Canada, black residents were set free, and that Canadian courts would protect their freedom.
Note that Canada wasn't even formally Confederated until 1867, and didn't achieve full autonomy until around 1931.

Oh, right. Natives are the true Canadians, so they must mean all the slaves the Natives kept.
Slave-owning people of what became Canada were, for example, the fishing societies, such as the Yurok, that lived along the Pacific coast from Alaska to California, on what is sometimes described as the Northwest Coast. Many of the indigenous peoples of the Pacific Northwest Coast, such as the Haida and Tlingit, were traditionally known as fierce warriors and slave-traders, raiding as far as California. Slavery was hereditary, the slaves being prisoners of war and their descendants were slaves. Some tribes in British Columbia continued to segregate and ostracize the descendants of slaves as late as the 1970s.

Among some Pacific Northwest tribes about a quarter of the population were slaves. One slave narrative was composed by an Englishman, John R. Jewitt, who had been taken alive when his ship was captured in 1802; his memoir provides a detailed look at life as a slave, and asserts that a large number were held.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Wild Zontargs wrote:
Suet Cardigan wrote:
Black Lives Matter is sadly infested with black supremacists who think whites are guilty of being white, like these people. Trudeau is white so he's a white supremacist terrorist. By making a genuine concern about police brutality all about race the SJWs have made the black supremacists feel right, but as well know racism against white people isn't racism because whites have power.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

DrokkIt wrote:So I just watched the The Red Pill documentary and have literally no other avenue to discuss so sharing my thoughts here:

Firstly I thought the film maker did a good job and showed the human impact of these issues. In my view she went into the project with a critical or even dismissive opinion about the people behind the MRA movement and this made the film pretty balanced by virtue of basic resistance to the ideas being presented by the interviewees.

I think it would be fair to say that this dismissive stance is probably the cultural norm. I think it would have been very easy for Cassie Jaye to have simply made a film attacking these people, and it would probably make for a much bigger commercial success. That kind of true journalistic impulse is to be lauded, especially given the current fake-news mores of the press.

It seemed fairly evident that prominent feminists were loath to be interviewed for this project, and with good reason. The few that do appear are simply given enough rope and come of pretty callous, which resonates with the personal narrative being told regarding Jaye's attempts to hold onto her feminist values in the face of what she is learning. She does a lot of work verifying all the factual and statistical points, much more than you'd get in a standard documentary about some cause.

There is a lot I don't find personally appealing about some of the men involved with this: both Paul Elam and Dean Esme usually seem deeply christian-conservative when you read their writing. Esme especially comes off very awkwardly in this; Elam acquits himself a lot better and seems more likeable.

Ultimately this film humanises these people and humanises the movement they are working on, I can see why it is being so vehemently opposed by feminist organisations. This could well change some minds or at least find a path to common ground for discussing what are very real problems. Real no matter what you think has caused them.

The circumcision stuff was very brief but I found it an exceptionally difficult scene to watch.
Those of us not near a screening can pre-order the DVD or Blu-Ray disk, and find links to the movie on iTunes and Netflix at http://theredpillmovie.com/

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

A rational left could have made legitimate arguments about the reality of police brutality, the negative consequences of the militarization of the police and of "tough on crime" law, the social problems of poor, disenfranchised communities and their relations with law enforcement and the justice system in general.

Instead they've made it all about race, and the entire discourse is now ruined and turned into a racially divisive contest where even leftist politicians sympathetic to SJW ideas are called "white supremacists" if they're white.

Once again identity politics have fucked up the rational discourse, congratulations Critical Race Theory! :clap:

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Here's a quick question. Alexandre Bisonette, who should have been a huge "win" for the political left, has completely disappeared from the media. What the fuck happened? Did something new about this guy come out or are they just trying to hide these things?

It just seems very odd.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Best. Canadian. Ever!

http://nerdist.com/wp-content/uploads/2 ... -image.jpg
I'll see your Ryan Reynolds and raise you...

http://www.metalinjection.net/wp-conten ... 4/rush.jpg

Take your pick, each individual Rush member is vasty superior to Reynolds.

Deny this and we'll have words!

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

The Guardian doesn't allow you to criticize hate-mongering islamists.
CostaSinistra -> Douglas
2h ago
Douglas, it sounds like you're saying that it's the responsibility of the listener whether or not to take up arms after listening to people like Yiannopoulos and Spencer. That's a fair answer. How do you then stop them from committing hate crimes? Can they even be stopped?
Hermann Steinpilz -> CostaSinistra
1h ago
This comment was removed by a moderator because it didn't abide by our community standards. Replies may also be deleted. For more detail see our FAQs.
What was the horrible comment, that the sensitive souls who read the Guardian are not allowed to read? This:
How would you stop islamist preachers who preach that women who refuse to wear the hijab are sluts, and who call for gays to be killed?
Apparently, you can accuse Milo of committing hate crimes on the Grauniad, but islamists are above criticism. Quelle surprise. This is how the regressive left gives away the game.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... t-92605684

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

rayshul wrote:Here's a quick question. Alexandre Bisonette, who should have been a huge "win" for the political left, has completely disappeared from the media. What the fuck happened? Did something new about this guy come out or are they just trying to hide these things?

It just seems very odd.
I think that it's because Bissonette's motives were and still are unclear. He hasn't written or said anything about why he shot up a mosque. He seemed to troll SJWs on facebook and be a fan of some conservative bloggers but there's no evidence that he expressed any murderous or violent intent against muslims before. Unlike, say, Brievik or the Unabomber or muslim terrorists Bissonette isn't providing the press with anything to talk about. Since he's still alive they're probably waiting to see if he says something during the trial.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Hell, even Elliot Rodgers left behind his over the top videos about his permavirgin status. Bissonette is pretty silent about any motive, which is pretty weird for a terrorist.

free thoughtpolice

Kirbmarc wrote:
rayshul wrote:Here's a quick question. Alexandre Bisonette, who should have been a huge "win" for the political left, has completely disappeared from the media. What the fuck happened? Did something new about this guy come out or are they just trying to hide these things?

It just seems very odd.
I think that it's because Bissonette's motives were and still are unclear. He hasn't written or said anything about why he shot up a mosque. He seemed to troll SJWs on facebook and be a fan of some conservative bloggers but there's no evidence that he expressed any murderous or violent intent against muslims before. Unlike, say, Brievik or the Unabomber or muslim terrorists Bissonette isn't providing the press with anything to talk about. Since he's still alive they're probably waiting to see if he says something during the trial.
Presumably his lawyer has convinced him to keep quiet. Typically in Canada the police and prosecution release very little information until the trial.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

[youtube][/youtube]

Fuck yeah. This guy hit the nail on Trump, he's hitting the nail on the idiotic Berkeley riots. Somebody should project this video in a DNC meeting.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Presumably his lawyer has convinced him to keep quiet. Typically in Canada the police and prosecution release very little information until the trial.
Thanks for the info. I actually think that this is a good approach to the complex relationship between the media and the justice system. He's in police custody and has admitted to the crime, there's no need for the public to know more than that at this point.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

The Red Pill seems to be a more sympathetic (or balanced) view of the MRA / MRM movement, as opposed to the more generally accepted feminist narrative.

However, I'm wondering if it covers the 'manosphere' in general. For example most people would not have much criticism of MGTOWs in principle - but from what I've heard (which is little enough) there are 'deep rifts' between the various groups with the MGTOWs being painted as the 'bad boys'.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Kirbmarc wrote:Black Lives Matter is sadly infested with black supremacists who think whites are guilty of being white, like these people. Trudeau is white so he's a white supremacist terrorist. By making a genuine concern about police brutality all about race the SJWs have made the black supremacists feel right, but as well know racism against white people isn't racism because whites have power.
Are they really black supremacists or do they just want good things for black people and bad things for white?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:Black Lives Matter is sadly infested with black supremacists who think whites are guilty of being white, like these people. Trudeau is white so he's a white supremacist terrorist. By making a genuine concern about police brutality all about race the SJWs have made the black supremacists feel right, but as well know racism against white people isn't racism because whites have power.
Are they really black supremacists or do they just want good things for black people and bad things for white?
Isn't that the definition of black supremacy?

Billie from Ockham

I've always used the word "supremacist" to refer to people who believe that a given race is superior to another. The label I use for those who want stuff for some people and not others, based only on race, is "racist asshole."

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Billie from Ockham wrote:I've always used the word "supremacist" to refer to people who believe that a given race is superior to another. The label I use for those who want stuff for some people and not others, based only on race, is "racist asshole."
Ah. OK. I thought that "supremacist" also meant "believing that one race is deserving of a dominant or superior place in society". A quick look at the dictionary tells me this isn't the case.

Anyway I see little political and practical difference between "I believe that this race is superior to another" and "I believe that this race should get good things and this other race should get bad things".

Billie from Ockham

Kirbmarc wrote:Anyway I see little political and practical difference between "I believe that this race is superior to another" and "I believe that this race should get good things and this other race should get bad things".
I have met blacks who simultaneously believe that they are inferior in several ways to both white and asians, and that they ought to be given things that white and asians shouldn't get. I have also met a few women who have the same beliefs v-a-v men. One defense of having these two views is that giving things to inferior people "levels the playing field" (and that's a direct quote). In any event, I like to keep the two sets of belief separate.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Kirbmarc wrote:A rational left could have made legitimate arguments about the reality of police brutality, the negative consequences of the militarization of the police and of "tough on crime" law, the social problems of poor, disenfranchised communities and their relations with law enforcement and the justice system in general.
Unfortunately this is only an argument the Libertarian right are prepared to make.

Reason is far better on this than HuffPo, etc.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

As the saying goes - From each according to his abilities to each according to his needs.

Some of my black co-workers used a lot less sunscreen that me when working outdoors. Any similar or other differences could be discussed and accommodated for.

The White Separatists such as Jared Taylor or Richard Spencer - do divide populations into racial groups - sometimes in a hierarchical way - for example for intelligence they class Asians & Jews higher than whites, and blacks would be lower down.

Which is a mirror image of how black separatists see things.

Both groups seem to think that people are basically tribal - so it is best to group them accordingly and so that they can relate to each other as groups. Similar to how populations of individuals are controlled in a jail environment.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Kirbmarc wrote:

[youtube][/youtube]

Fuck yeah. This guy hit the nail on Trump, he's hitting the nail on the idiotic Berkeley riots. Somebody should project this video in a DNC meeting.
I wonder if it was deiberate that between his swept-over hair and the shadow beneath his nose, he looked like Hitler.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
I wonder if it was deiberate that between his swept-over hair and the shadow beneath his nose, he looked like Hitler.[/quote]

Haha!!! Yes, watching more he definitely is doing it deliberately, with the hand waving and all.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Kirbmarc wrote:
I wonder if it was deiberate that between his swept-over hair and the shadow beneath his nose, he looked like Hitler.
Haha!!! Yes, watching more he definitely is doing it deliberately, with the hand waving and all.[/quote]

[youtube][/youtube]

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Jan Steen wrote:
Haha!!! Yes, watching more he definitely is doing it deliberately, with the hand waving and all.
[youtube][/youtube]
Haha! Never seen that.

[youtube][/youtube]

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:

It just seems very odd.
Presumably his lawyer has convinced him to keep quiet. Typically in Canada the police and prosecution release very little information until the trial.
He's also isolated in a special cell, he's on suicide watch. Here in quebec thing got a bit quieter after some facts became clearer, some example: he has been on anxiety and depression medications for close to 2 years if i remember correctly, he sought help for an alcool problem a couple of time, he was drunk the night of the shooting, he was not a member or a former member of any of the Quebecs extremist/white nationalist groups, some of his friends spoke out and their testimonies make it even more difficult to grasp who Alex is (yeah he was shy but he had friends contrary to what we first believe).

Lots of media are still pushing the blame on Quebec city conservative radios, although to this day, i have not seen evidences he was an avid listener or a fan of one or several of the most right wing radio host. For context, the province of Quebec is by large a progressive place and as such almost nobody here listen to conservative radio with one major exception: the Quebec City area. Also, since most media are progressive and concentrated in Montreal, there has always been a lot of hate for Quebec radios coming from the establishment. "Radios de Quebec" and "radio poubelle" are 2 popular pejorative expressions that are thrown around quite often, even by some of the most respected journalist.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

MarcusAu wrote:The Red Pill seems to be a more sympathetic (or balanced) view of the MRA / MRM movement, as opposed to the more generally accepted feminist narrative.

However, I'm wondering if it covers the 'manosphere' in general. For example most people would not have much criticism of MGTOWs in principle - but from what I've heard (which is little enough) there are 'deep rifts' between the various groups with the MGTOWs being painted as the 'bad boys'.

MGTOW etc gets a mention, but super minimal.

It mostly sticks to the dynamic of 'I am a feminist, but these facts appear to be true... fuck!?" and just shows that some of the MRA guys might be vitriolic and angry, but you see that they are hurt.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Brive1987 wrote:Fuck this.

http://i.imgur.com/47SOptA.jpg
Temperatures above freezing on the Celsius scale sound too unimpressive, call it 80 degrees and maybe people will give a shit.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

80 degrees?

That angle doesn't seem right.

Lochness_Hamster

Post by Lochness_Hamster »

Should Carrier really be playing this card?
[/quote]

The Funny thing is, the man he is tweeting at is Jonathon Tweet on of the Creators of 3rd Edition of Dungeons and Dragons, so all in all JT, has sold more books as an author than RC

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

MarcusAu wrote:80 degrees?

I try not to be obtuse.

free thoughtpolice

I wasn't going to watch the Superbowl but I might just tune in for the halftime show...
[youtube][/youtube]

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

pro-boxing-fan wrote:He's also isolated in a special cell, he's on suicide watch. Here in quebec thing got a bit quieter after some facts became clearer, some example: he has been on anxiety and depression medications for close to 2 years if i remember correctly, he sought help for an alcool problem a couple of time, he was drunk the night of the shooting, he was not a member or a former member of any of the Quebecs extremist/white nationalist groups, some of his friends spoke out and their testimonies make it even more difficult to grasp who Alex is (yeah he was shy but he had friends contrary to what we first believe).

Lots of media are still pushing the blame on Quebec city conservative radios, although to this day, i have not seen evidences he was an avid listener or a fan of one or several of the most right wing radio host. For context, the province of Quebec is by large a progressive place and as such almost nobody here listen to conservative radio with one major exception: the Quebec City area. Also, since most media are progressive and concentrated in Montreal, there has always been a lot of hate for Quebec radios coming from the establishment. "Radios de Quebec" and "radio poubelle" are 2 popular pejorative expressions that are thrown around quite often, even by some of the most respected journalist.
Funny story. Before some facts became clearer, the Globe And Mail and The National Post stated in 2 articles that he was part of some extremist, right wing, white nationalist group named GaucheDroitistan. Well, GaucheDroitistan is a Facebook group that im part of. In short, a group dedicated for the political left and right to argue and throw shit at each other outside of the proverbial echo chamber got the same press treatment that Gamegate or even the Pit itself received. This does not surprise me anymore.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

TheMudbrooker wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:80 degrees?

I try not to be obtuse.
A cute joke, well done.

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

Did i killed the pitt? Am i that boring? :twatson:

ConcentratedH2O, OM

pro-boxing-fan wrote:Did i killed the pitt? Am i that boring? :twatson:

Asking this after I posted would suggest you have me on ignore, which leads me to ask the same question of myself.

Malky

Post by Malky »

New Blog appearing called "Opposing Trump" - collects links and article about people who are trying to get or talking about Trump's removal as President. Interesting take on removing Trump via the 25th Amendment. Why was this one brought in?

https://opposingtrumpblog.wordpress.com ... s-removal/

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Lochness_Hamster wrote: Should Carrier really be playing this card?
The Funny thing is, the man he is tweeting at is Jonathon Tweet on of the Creators of 3rd Edition of Dungeons and Dragons, so all in all JT, has sold more books as an author than RC
Weaksauce, Carrier. If you pull rank on people rather than engaging with their arguments as a Ph.D. then I tend to think you were given the degree in error. Saying "I have a Ph.D. so I won't deal with your arguments about my subject of expertise" is pathetic.

Malky

Post by Malky »

Malky wrote:New Blog appearing called "Opposing Trump" - collects links and article about people who are trying to get or talking about Trump's removal as President. Interesting take on removing Trump via the 25th Amendment. Why was this one brought in?

http://prospect.org/article/impeachment ... ’s-removal

Direct link to article

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

pro-boxing-fan wrote:Did i killed the pitt? Am i that boring? :twatson:

Asking this after I posted would suggest you have me on ignore, which leads me to ask the same question of myself.
For the record, I don't. I just assumed you could not kill the pitt with your post. Leaving me next in line.

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

Malky wrote:
Malky wrote:New Blog appearing called "Opposing Trump" - collects links and article about people who are trying to get or talking about Trump's removal as President. Interesting take on removing Trump via the 25th Amendment. Why was this one brought in?

http://prospect.org/article/impeachment ... ’s-removal

Direct link to article
I guess for non-american its a good way to learn more on the constitution. Stuff you don't generally learn from the general discourse.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Although tot is interesting stuff, this reminds me of all the right wing masturbatory fantasies about removing Bill Clinton back in the nineties. (As well as those for Bush2 and Obama)

Curiously, this has a similar life cycle to the "government is making prison camps to round us up!" Hysteria which I noticed for the first time during the Clinton presidency.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

by way of historical comparison, which seems to all the rage on the internet, I propose the the election and assumption of office of Trump has more parallels with the election of Lincoln then if does the rise of the Nazis.

Lincoln got elected, lots of folks lost their shit.

Malky

Post by Malky »

Spike13 wrote:

Although tot is interesting stuff, this reminds me of all the right wing masturbatory fantasies about removing Bill Clinton back in the nineties. (As well as those for Bush2 and Obama)

Curiously, this has a similar life cycle to the "government is making prison camps to round us up!" Hysteria which I noticed for the first time during the Clinton presidency.
It all does seem a bit desparate ( at bit like remain voters trying to get a new referendum) but I was wondering was there any mileage in this? As an outsider nearly all USA politics seems insane bu it is difficult to see Trump lasting a full term if his behaviour is not modified in some way.

Billie from Ockham

In short, Malky, the answer is No. Like any other president, he could be both impeached and convicted, but don't hold your breath, even if he keeps being himself. Republicans play hardball and do things like impeach people for lying about sex, but Democrats usually wimp out. (You'd have to be someone like Nixon.) So Trump would have to piss off a large number of Republicans before anything happens and many of them are enjoying the distraction at least and others are in favor of what he is doing. Rational people aren't happy with Gorsuch, but there's nothing wrong with that choice and it delighted most Republicans.

free thoughtpolice

Spike13 wrote:by way of historical comparison, which seems to all the rage on the internet, I propose the the election and assumption of office of Trump has more parallels with the election of Lincoln then if does the rise of the Nazis.

Lincoln got elected, lots of folks lost their shit.
Did Lincoln get help from Russian spies when he got elected? :P

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Parents finally got their 23andMe back!

British, Jewish, 'northwestern european', and just a toooouch of Asian.

Everyone laughed at me at Christmas when I said there was Asian in our family. I knew it. I had like a 24 point powerpoint presentation on "Why there is totally Asian up in here". I fucking KNEW IT!

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

ERV wrote:Parents finally got their 23andMe back!

British, Jewish, 'northwestern european', and just a toooouch of Asian.

Everyone laughed at me at Christmas when I said there was Asian in our family. I knew it. I had like a 24 point powerpoint presentation on "Why there is totally Asian up in here". I fucking KNEW IT!
I think there had to be more than just touching involved.