Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Old subthreads
ConcentratedH2O, OM

Re: Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

From the same thread.

If only Meyers had been this circumspect with his grenade a few years ago.

https://preview.ibb.co/c3gqAF/Screen_Sh ... _05_PM.png

Guest_84d94f98

Post by Guest_84d94f98 »

Something is wrong with this picture, but I just can't place my finger on it.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Meyers is unbelievable.

I think he still believes he is a somebody, of interest to people outside of his ten commenters and us losers over in the Pit.
The Pit broke PZ. We get to amuse ourselves now with him, the same way a cat bats about a mouse it's caught.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Sunder wrote:The Muppet video is an edit FYI.
Oh well alternatives are available:

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Meyers is unbelievable.

I think he still believes he is a somebody, of interest to people outside of his ten commenters and us losers over in the Pit.
The Pit broke PZ. We get to amuse ourselves now with him, the same way a cat bats about a mouse it's caught.
Was it about 2 weeks ago when he explained that he turned the comments of his videos, then forgot to or decided not to on his last 2 videos. Yet not an abusive troll. For that matter , no other comments either. Sad.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

deLurch wrote:Long time gone friend Wooly is doing a livestream on Canadian Parents wanting to keep their child genderless by state assessment.

[youtube.][/youtube]
You know WoolyB has gone through some serious changes over the past couple of years.

And as far as the 'Pyt goes - she doesn't phone, she doesn't write...

Do you still consider her a friend?

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:The Pit broke PZ. We get to amuse ourselves now with him, the same way a cat bats about a mouse it's caught.
The daft old git was human rubble before I got here; his descent into urine soaked irrelevance was nothing to do with me!

Besides, I'm the resident pointless bastard - 99.9% harmless and rarely have something constructive or interesting to say.

Totes innocent.

https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/20 ... MD%205.gif

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Happy 4th, a Bald Eagle basking in the shade.
SAM_4777.JPG
(596.92 KiB) Downloaded 346 times

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

[youtube][/youtube]

John D

Post by John D »

Mutha fuckin paradise... bitches.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

John D wrote:Mutha fuckin paradise... bitches.
I'll have what he's having.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Is America a real place - or did you guys just make it up?

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

:hankey:
MarcusAu wrote:Is America a real place - or did you guys just make it up?
Everything Hollywood says is real.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

America is real, it's Canada that doesn't really exist.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I was referring more to the Constitution, or perhaps the Bill of Rights.

First you did the rebellion and only afterwards did you guys figure out exactly what you wanted the country to be.

Well, good luck and happy birthday in any case.

And I reckon I won't have to look to hard to find some celebrations in London today too.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

If it's any consolation, this is my state flag:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... SS350_.jpg

So you'll always have that. Er, until it's given back to its rightful owners, when it will become this:

https://healthymetoo.files.wordpress.co ... i-flag.png

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

MarcusAu wrote:I was referring more to the Constitution, or perhaps the Bill of Rights.

First you did the rebellion and only afterwards did you guys figure out exactly what you wanted the country to be.

And I reckon I won't have to look to hard to find some celebrations in London today too.
Actually, we had at least a fair idea of what we were gonna do, the Continental Congress first met in 1774 and the Articles of Confederation came about in 1777.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Speaking of 'merka, just heard today that Disney is discontinuing the "wench auction" portion of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, where sobbing, well, wenches are auctioned to avaricious, gold wielding pirates. Apparently the ride has already come under censure in the 90s when pirates were disallowed from chasing women about to capture them.

Now the ride will include an empowered (fantastical) female pirate counting gold, to replace the woeful group of sex slaves. Correct me if I'm wrong, but was there anything such as a woman pirate?

Now, I seem to recall going on the PoC ride at one point in my life, and I even seem to recall the wench auction. You were never invited to think much about it and certainly not to speculate on the fate of the women. It was more like "oh, those naughty naughty pirates". It certainly didn't scar me for life, or incline me to think that is how women ought to be treated. It was pretty much at the level of many Shakespeare plays including scenes of men chasing women about the stage. You are never invited to compare them to modern decorum.

None of this would annoy me quite as much if I didn't know that Disney is entirely cynical about progressivism. Here's a company that can't even bring itself to condone black man / white woman sex in the latest Star Wars movies. This is a company founded by the old Nazi Walt himself. If Disney thought celebrating the KKK would help its bottom line, it would place a white sheet and cross burning ride as its central attraction.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Female pirates?

Anne Bonny comes to mind

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Bonny

...and I recall hearing of others too - but they were very much the exception rather than the rule.

nb didn't the script used to at one point call for switching roles - and the wenches would chase the pirates for a bit?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Keating wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:Tribalism/identity politics. It happens even to the best of us. Even many Turks who hate Erdogan with a passion and are completely secularized hate the Kurds and deny the Armenian genocide.
completely secularized
hate Erdogan
hate the Kurds
deny the Armenian genocide
It happens even to the best of us.
:think:
I wasn't talking about me! :lol: I recognize the shades of grey in the Turkish-Kurdish conflict and think that the Kurds deserve a homeland or at least regional autonomy, although they're not saintly heroes of course, and they're pretty divided between themselves (Rojava vs. Iraqi Kurds, for examples, with the Rojava being more "secular" and the Iraqi Kurds more religiously conservative). I also have no problem admitting that there was an Armenian genocide and that the Turkish military and political establishment of those times was responsible, while the "common people" at best did nothing and at worst cheered for it and helped.

I was thinking about Cenk Uygur and his problems with acknowledging the Armenian genocide, along with other people I know who are very secular but aren't fond of Kurds.

Guest_936d3dec

Post by Guest_936d3dec »

Now, I seem to recall going on the PoC ride at one point in my life, and I even seem to recall the wench auction. You were never invited to think much about it and certainly not to speculate on the fate of the women. It was more like "oh, those naughty naughty pirates". It certainly didn't scar me for life, or incline me to think that is how women ought to be treated. It was pretty much at the level of many Shakespeare plays including scenes of men chasing women about the stage. You are never invited to compare them to modern decorum.
A not bad 6 minute video on the history of Pirates of the Caribbean controversy is here youtu be/VLXVBuo3bAQ

Pirates originally had:

Pirates chasing women and
A (heavy) woman chasing a pirate

So in some ways it showed equal opportunity naughtiness.

Going in to the 60s and 70s, US society seemed more than a bit easier about sex. It seems noteworthy according to the vid, the US parks have removed all of that, but aspects still remain in Tokyo and Paris (iirc, Paris had the entire original pirates and wenches parts)

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Also I don't consider myself to be the best of anything. I'm not that arrogant. :lol:

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

TheMudbrooker wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:I was referring more to the Constitution, or perhaps the Bill of Rights.

Actually, we had at least a fair idea of what we were gonna do, the Continental Congress first met in 1774 and the Articles of Confederation came about in 1777.
We?

From what I read approximately 1/3 of the population was for independence, 1/3 was for remaining subject to Britain and the remaining 1/3 were undecided on the issue.

Not to mention that there were people in England that actually supported the cause of the proto-Americans at the time.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Kirbmarc wrote:

I was thinking about Cenk Uygur and his problems with acknowledging the Armenian genocide, along with other people I know who are very secular but aren't fond of Kurds.
When someone brings up the Kurds you always weigh in.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

MarcusAu wrote:Female pirates?

Anne Bonny comes to mind...and I recall hearing of others too - but they were very much the exception rather than the rule.
Quite an interesting list:

http://www.titanic-nautical.com/Pirates-Female.html

Yaar!

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

MarcusAu wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:

When someone brings up the Kurds you always weigh in.
You're going to milk that for all it's worth. It makes you look cheesy, in my book.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Anne Bonny comes to mind

...and I recall hearing of others too - but they were very much the exception rather than the rule.

nb didn't the script used to at one point call for switching roles - and the wenches would chase the pirates for a bit?
Historical evidence.

https://cdn.heavencostumes.com.au/media ... ll-700.jpg

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Hunt wrote:Now the ride will include an empowered (fantastical) female pirate counting gold, to replace the woeful group of sex slaves. Correct me if I'm wrong, but was there anything such as a woman pirate?
IIRC the ride already features a painting of that same woman at a later point in the ride in full pirate garb, the implication being she was taken on by a pirate crew and became one of them.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Historical evidence.

https://cdn.heavencostumes.com.au/media ... ll-700.jpg
Pfftt.

Looks more like a highway(wo)man to me rather than a female with piratical intentions.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Women pirates?
How about we learn from a reputable unbiased source...

[youtube][/youtube]

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Now, I seem to recall going on the PoC ride at one point in my life
And you managed to escape with both your life and your wallet? Impressive.

Oh, you meant Pirates of the Caribbeans...

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Now, I seem to recall going on the PoC ride at one point in my life
And you managed to escape with both your life and your wallet? Impressive.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

[youtube][/youtube]

Happy alien-fighting day America! I'm sure that through a combination of Will Smith wisecracking, Jeff Goldblum mumbling, and the President piloting a fighter jet you'll manage to get a Randy Quaid to blow up the alien invasion mothership.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

DaveDodo007 wrote:
deLurch wrote: 1. The people that responded flags as skeptics, I don't really view as skeptics. They are more political/social commentators. Mostly of the Anti-SJW variety.

I don't understand why all the Anti-SJWs are now being called skeptics. Maybe because there has been such a vacuum since the fall of the skeptic movement that people are seeking to place the mantels on someone. Perhaps because in a crazy crazy world those individuals are comparatively making the most sense.

2. Taking down the ideology of the "Alt-Right" is useless. The term is very poorly defined. It is fluff. It very loosely consists of people who were not happy with the Republican party as it was. And some white nationalists. And the left, taking advantage of the poor definition of the Alt-Right opted to brand them all as white supremacists.

Taking down the "Alt-Right" is only useful for political banner waving & motivation. If you really want to take down the intellectual failings you see, you have to identify poor stances & arguments and skewer those ideas. Claiming that someone you oppose has dirt on them from the person standing next to them isn't going to get you anywhere intellectually.
This is were the Slymepit doesn't get any credit, we choosed to be a leaderless organisation, we had no focal point for all the ire to be directed at and the movement be defamed by association however much they did try. Also archive everything they post so you can call them on it at a later date, they still did try though because it is an effected tactic but to no avail. Gamergate did this too even though they didn't know of our existence. The left and liberals have been successful in the past because they were given individual targets to shame, demonize and call out and force people to be sacked.

Now politics are coming to a head, though all self proclaimed leaders of the alt-right and going to be considered 'controlled opposition or and Jews' it is a self defense mechanism has worked for them so far so why shouldn't they continue to use it.
All that being said, I do think it's interesting- considered from the perspective that the motivations which lead most of us to be against SJWism are probably going to be butting up against alt-right ideology next, because it's full of the same identitarian nonsense and misuse of science for political means.

Lots of crackpot stuff in that body of ideas also, ready to hijack legitimate concerns about islam etc.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

All the best for the holidays for those celebrating such.

May your independence be revolutionary or your revolution be independent.

And you know 'God Save the Queen' and all that.

[youtube][/youtube]

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Really? wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

She looks like what would result if Becky and Zinnia created a child.
And yet I would be prepared to believe blacks are low IQ monkeys - if she would show boobies.

Weird.

I blame her alluring German.

Guest_84d94f98

Post by Guest_84d94f98 »

Dick Strawkins wrote:Women pirates?
....cultural appropriation anyone? Wasn't she bitching about that in video games?

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Really? wrote:

She looks like what would result if Becky and Zinnia created a child.
Not enough potato. More like this:

http://imgur.com/jplbGrD.jpg

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Dick Strawkins wrote:Women pirates?
That's more like organized crime. If you're not swinging from ropes, you ain't a pirate. But I can see why she would make the perfect feminist heroine. Get rich doing a lot of horrible shit. Get off scot free.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

This may be old news for some - but the time seems appropriate - the 'Stephen Fry in America' is available on Youtube:

[youtube][/youtube]

I should probably track down the Alastair Cook series (from 1972!) to watch at some point too.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Kirbmarc wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

Happy alien-fighting day America! I'm sure that through a combination of Will Smith wisecracking, Jeff Goldblum mumbling, and the President piloting a fighter jet you'll manage to get a Randy Quaid to blow up the alien invasion mothership.
If only we had known in 1776 that it was as simple as uploading a virus into the British mothership. D'oh!

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Hunt wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

If only we had known in 1776 that it was as simple as uploading a virus into the British mothership. D'oh!
What, you mean that's not what George Washington did in the Battle of Yorktown? Shame.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Quaid blew up just one city destroyer. It was Jeff and his magic virus, along with Smith, who blew up the mothership. Learn your US history, dammit!

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Quaid blew up just one city destroyer. It was Jeff and his magic virus, along with Smith, who blew up the mothership. Learn your US history, dammit!
True! Shame on me, I remembered it wrong and thought Jeff and Smith only got the shield down thanks to the virus.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
True! Shame on me, I remembered it wrong and thought Jeff and Smith only got the shield down thanks to the virus.
The way I remember it (and I was there), Quaid flew into the tailpipe of an alien ship and blew it up, then was arrested in Vermont. Then the virus took the shield down, and then we (Americans) let everyone else know how to destroy them (because we're smarter than everyone else) and then everyone lived happily ever after.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Hunt wrote: Now, I seem to recall going on the PoC ride at one point in my life,
/junglefever

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

And with that comment from Rayshal - everyone went off for a private moment.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

rayshul wrote:
Hunt wrote: Now, I seem to recall going on the PoC ride at one point in my life,
/junglefever
Than and only then would I consider Disney a progressive company.

It's an average sized world, after all.

windy

Post by windy »

Kirbmarc wrote: What, you mean that's not what George Washington did in the Battle of Yorktown? Shame.
[youtube][/youtube]

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Anne Bonny comes to mind

I recently learnt about this piratess. She sounds fucking bad-ass, and the world's most SUCCESSFUL pirate, apparently.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ching_Shih

Oh, and a Google image search for her came up with this terrifying image.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/t0U6Ol-38Tw/maxresdefault.jpg

:lol:

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Can you not tell the difference between a zombie and a pirate?

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Some more popcorn from Paul Mason, the socialist leftie Corbyn-supporting journo loudmouth who endorsed the Block Bot...

....he is blaming DAYTIME TV on making people RIGHT WING, or something silly.

https://www.theguardian.com/global/comm ... television

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

CommanderTuvok wrote:Some more popcorn from Paul Mason, the socialist leftie Corbyn-supporting journo loudmouth who endorsed the Block Bot...
....he is blaming DAYTIME TV on making people RIGHT WING, or something silly.
https://www.theguardian.com/global/comm ... television
Paul Mason certainly did his part to drive people away from the left. Not to mention illuminating early contributions to Fake News.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

]
Kirbmarc wrote: I was thinking about Cenk Uygur and his problems with acknowledging the Armenian genocide, along with other people I know who are very secular but aren't fond of Kurds.
Surely there must be a whey to change their minds.

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Guest_84d94f98 wrote:
It would only be a mistake for Ken Ham if it somehow started to drive people away from creationism.

-Soylent
I'll give the Hamster this, he's the only mega-funded christian church-head I've seen who I think believes in what he's saying, and would do (possibly has done) the same things if it wasn't bringing in coin. Or he could be an awesome actor, but benefit of the doubt to him.
Dunno about that. I think Joel Osteen believes in what he says, but since he never actually says anything of substance it's not exactly a challenge.

Gene Scott of "On Hebrews" fame probably believed what he was saying at any given point, but he was two candles short of a menorah.

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

[youtube][/youtube]

Lyrics:

America is a '57 Chevy
that veers to the left
and lurches to the right

America is a pawn shop window
with decals of Old Glory
made by children in China

America is a dog playing poker
saying, "War is a last resort,"
and wagging his tail

America is a compassionate conservative
and a gay Republican
and a vegetarian vampire

America is that Norman Rockwell
of the family on Thanksgiving
hung on the wall of an Indian casino

America is a big group therapy session
with one guy in the corner
who will not shut up

God bless the firefighter
God bless the video clerk
And God bless America...
It just might work
Just might work

America is a Japanese fiddler
in Branson Missouri
doing Louie Armstrong

America is a scholarly discussion
of the socioeconomic implications
of Janet Jackson's boob

God bless the superhero
God bless the no-account jerk
And God bless America...

[spoken]
What if a guy came up to you and said, "I'm gonna bring forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal."

You'd probably say, "Right on! Good luck with that!"

And what if he said, "I'm gonna form a more perfect Union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity."

You'd probably say, "Wow! Knock yourself out!"

And what if he said, "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."

You'd probably say, "I got a meeting."

America is a conspiracy of genius
In sweat-stained waistcoats
And powered wigs

America is a homeless Jesus
being held at gun point
by King James

America is an apple pie
with a few bad apples
right toward the top

America is a dream of freedom
Dreamed by everyone
All over the world

God bless the normal people
And the ones with every known quirk
And God bless America...

It just might work
America, it just might work
Keep working...
And, it just might work

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Guest_84d94f98 wrote:Something is wrong with this picture, but I just can't place my finger on it.
I've always thought of the Kids in the Hall as Canada's Young Ones, so this fits with something up-page.

[youtube][/youtube]

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE SLYME PIT.

5 glorious fucking years of Cunt-Kicking Baboons, SJWs, and other assorted regressive, bullying shit-stains.

Also, hello to Pit Queen and Goddess Abi Smith, and of course, the one and only......ARNIE!