In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Old subthreads
JayTeeAitch

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Post by JayTeeAitch »

This is great, no news day news story :)

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

deLurch wrote:
DrokkIt wrote:The comments are good though.

You know I think the SJW types may be losing the support of gay men? I've got quite a few gay mates (ooo-er missus) and they all have said similar stuff to me before about getting accused of misogyny because they don't want pissed up straight girls messing up their whole deal all the time.
They should just call it their safe space and be done with them.
They pretty much do. And all the objections are couched in terms of 'cis het people' like this is something straight guys also do in lesbian bars.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Shatterface wrote:
They pretty much do. And all the objections are couched in terms of 'cis het people' like this is something straight guys also do in lesbian bars.
That's it. I'm going to hold the next bachelor party in a lesbian bar. We're going to have a peach eating contest and drink our drinks out of vagina-shaped straws. I'm sure the proprietor and the other guests will be totally cool with what we're going to do.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Mano Singham talks about about a National Review article that talks about how leftist goons have been attacking atheists like Dawkins, Harris , and Hitchens because of "their lack of deference to islam".
http://archive.is/TC22x

free thoughtpolice

I hit the submit button unintentionally. I meant to add these comments about Anjuli Pandavar:
sonofrojblake says
August 3, 2017 at 1:01 pm

I know of no atheists who are demanding more deference to Islam
That’s your lead-in to this post, but it’s a straw man. You say yourself – the ones accused of demanding more deference to Islam are the nebulous “left”. And you simply can’t claim with a straight face that nobody on “the left” is demanding more deference to Islam.
If you can’t think of an example of your own, how about this nonsense? https://freethoughtblogs.com/anjuli/201 ... f-britain/
Marcus Ranum says
August 3, 2017 at 1:13 pm
sonofrojblake@#2:
That’s one reason I try to avoid the left/right label (or other labels in general) – it leaves one open to accusations of overgeneralizing (because that’s what labelling is)
If you can’t think of an example of your own, how about this nonsense? https://freethoughtblogs.com/anjuli/201 ... f-britain/
#notallfreethoughtbloggers
I have no idea what Anjuli is doing on the FTB platform, to be frank. Thunderfoot2.0
Let's forget her brown skin and lived experiences fellow baboons! How dare she say negative things about islam! :twisted: Run her off of Pharyngula and out of the atheist movement like Tf00t! :evil:
Way to prove that article right dumbasses.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Speaking of running Thunderf00t out of the 'Atheist Community' (whatever that means) - has anyone heard from old Ed 'Two Cows' Brayton recently?

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

MarcusAu wrote:Speaking of running Thunderf00t out of the 'Atheist Community' (whatever that means) - has anyone heard from old Ed 'Two Cows' Brayton recently?
Just checked his twitter. Has some recent entries; his bio states that he owns Freethought Blogs and the link to Dispatches is written as the FTB version of his site, even though it takes you to his Patheos page. Seems to still be trundling along as usual, albeit somewhat under the radar. Still a fat bastard.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

feathers wrote:
HunnyBunny wrote:Been posting on forums that auto-recognise tweets, forgot to move back to the last century here....
Be careful what you wish for, darling.
surprise.jpg
(94.12 KiB) Downloaded 228 times

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

free thoughtpolice wrote:I hit the submit button unintentionally. I meant to add these comments about Anjuli Pandavar:
sonofrojblake says
August 3, 2017 at 1:01 pm

I know of no atheists who are demanding more deference to Islam
That’s your lead-in to this post, but it’s a straw man. You say yourself – the ones accused of demanding more deference to Islam are the nebulous “left”. And you simply can’t claim with a straight face that nobody on “the left” is demanding more deference to Islam.
Marcus Ranum says
August 3, 2017 at 1:13 pm
sonofrojblake@#2:
That’s one reason I try to avoid the left/right label (or other labels in general) – it leaves one open to accusations of overgeneralizing (because that’s what labelling is)
#notallfreethoughtbloggers
I have no idea what Anjuli is doing on the FTB platform, to be frank. Thunderfoot2.0
Let's forget her brown skin and lived experiences fellow baboons! How dare she say negative things about islam! :twisted: Run her off of Pharyngula and out of the atheist movement like Tf00t! :evil:
Way to prove that article right dumbasses.
They're trying to associate Anjuli Pandavar to the alt-right :lol:

Anjuli is a) non-white b) lesbian and c) a Marxist (!!)
Anjuli Pandavar is a British European writer, blogger, political economist and social critic. She works in Shanghai, where she lives with her wife. She has a rich and diverse life experience, which she is now bringing to bear on her writing and teaching. Anjuli, brought up a Muslim, has been an atheist for 38 years (actually, that isn't strictly true — I am an anti-theist). At her university, she is doing action research into experiential and project-based learning. She has a life-long interest in cities and, lately, LGBT issues. Her Weltanschauung is humanist, drawing strongly on Marxism.
The reason why Mano Singham can't see atheists who demand deference to islam or else is because he's never noticed the kind of people who write and comment on FTB :bjarte:

Anjuli's "crimes" are simply arguing that a) islam is hugely bigoted against non-muslims, LGBT people, women, "heretics" and apostates, b) that identity politics is actually helping muslim theocrats to get support from misguided leftists and c) that identity politics itself justifies bigotry when it's against the "right" targets.

Singham is marginally right about one thing: Harris, Dawkins and the late Hitchens (Dennet retired) haven't been attacked by the SocJus just because of their positions on islam, but also because of their criticism of identity politics/PostModernism/Critical Theory.

It's funny that in article which is all about denying witch hunts within the Atheist/Skeptic community people bring up Thunderfoot, who was ostracized and booted off FTB because he dared not to toe the party line about feminism.

"Free"thoughblogs, where questioning dogmas get people clamoring for your removal.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
feathers wrote:
HunnyBunny wrote:Been posting on forums that auto-recognise tweets, forgot to move back to the last century here....
Be careful what you wish for, darling.
surprise.jpg
It's taking all of my will to refrain from messaging Danielle with some of Dick's greatest hits:
Competence is erotic. And sharing sexual experiences with incredible women like you is what I want out of life. It only adds that you're pretty. Your eyes just melt me. Lots I'd want to kiss on you. But I don't have your permission to go there here, so I'll just leave it at that.
You radiate agency. And that's like a brilliant, warm light you want to embrace and experience passionately. I can go on admiring you from afar, as a writer and a colleague and valuable asset to our movement, and I can go on spending excellent time together with you as a friend when we happen to be around each other. I won't be badly dejected by a no.But if there is any chance you want me, I'm hoping to know.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

@Really?

DO IT!

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Really? wrote: It's taking all of my will to refrain from messaging Danielle with some of Dick's greatest hits:
Competence is erotic. And sharing sexual experiences with incredible women like you is what I want out of life. It only adds that you're pretty. Your eyes just melt me. Lots I'd want to kiss on you. But I don't have your permission to go there here, so I'll just leave it at that.
You radiate agency. And that's like a brilliant, warm light you want to embrace and experience passionately. I can go on admiring you from afar, as a writer and a colleague and valuable asset to our movement, and I can go on spending excellent time together with you as a friend when we happen to be around each other. I won't be badly dejected by a no.But if there is any chance you want me, I'm hoping to know.
I'm a terrible person, because I just sent Danielle a message which included those quotes. However I attributed the sentences to their author :bjarte:

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

http://68.media.tumblr.com/2f81dba62e78 ... qgmklt.gif

dogen

Post by dogen »

deLurch wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:Hubby has house in Alaska that he rents out. I took a good look at if a few days ago and the lot is huge. He could easily build another house on it. I'm thinking a duplex and get three times the rent. I brought up the idea and he's for it, but only if I build it. I'm okay as a home handyman, but can I build a house? A duplex? Any suggestions?
No, you cannot build a house.

But you can learn how to do so. Does he already have experience in building one? Then you should be OK with his guidance. Otherwise expect it to take a long time.

Also you need 2-3 people, or a hell of a lot of time, ingenuity, strength and fortitude to do what many people consider the impossible.

Scratch the duplex. You don't have the experience. Try for a simple 1 room log cabin to start and gain experience.

For reference, check out this guy's youtube channel. It took him 3 years to have a livable, but incomplete home. He lives in a climate with much more warm weather months, and access to plenty of tools & supplies that are not insanely expensive. Also he was well skilled in creating theater sets, and knew how to do metal work and welding.

After dumpster diving into that channel, I think you will get a clue as to how long, and what kind of learning curve you are in for.
If only KD had ovaries and a uterus; he could do it solo in 9 months:

http://people.com/human-interest/arkans ... mpossible/

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Nothing wrong with hoping, is there?
Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 5.16.35 PM.png
(59.42 KiB) Downloaded 229 times
I wouldn't care to have ulcerative colits or Crohn's, but to be frank, I'd far rather poor Danielle had them both rather than cancer. I can't help it: I'm just that nice a person. ;)

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Could also be Munchhausen's.

Guest_936d3dec

Post by Guest_936d3dec »

Read PZ's description of how the "feminist biologist" slapped down a claim that 'manspreading' has origins in male pelvic anatomy, which I actually find fairly plausible. I would include mention of pelvic musculature. If you're male, sit down. Do your legs naturally tend to spread or don't they? I would suggest to idiotic feminists that they listen to men's lived experience. It's not an invitation to enjoy the pleasure of our gonads. It's just they way we sit, fuckheads

Then read the feminist biologists entirely vacuous post, which essentially has no merit other than the claim that she's an expert on the topic. ????

PZ really is a credulous idiot.
I was literally banned from r/askscience for asking if manspreading could be related to male physiology.

The sequence went like:

1. I submitted a question asking if manspreading be related to male physiology
2. The question sat in the moderation queue for over a day
3. I sent them a ping asking them when it might be looked at and released
4. They berated me for pinging them (even though their faq suggests it okay to do so) and shortly after rejected the question
5. I asked why they rejected the question
6. They said it was non-scientific or couldn't be answered by science
7. I asked why not let physiologists help determine that
8. I was told the moderator who rejected my question was a biology grad student, so case closed. Non scientific question.
9. I asked how a biology grad student would have the expertise to know about manspreading
10. I was banned.

Oh well. Perhaps PZ was moderating r/askscience that day

Really?

Post by Really? »

I had no idea that Danielle had a fiancee at one point.
So Danielle is an asexual lesbian.
I don't think that Danielle realizes that women lie about how much they like another woman's hair or shoes. Or they just say that stuff to be polite.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Shatterface wrote:
http://68.media.tumblr.com/2f81dba62e78 ... qgmklt.gif
I remember being a bit disappointed with that scene when I first saw that movie, in the book she cuts of his foot and burns the stump with a blow torch. :mrgreen:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Come to Australia mate, we have beaches ........

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health ... a9bd4e29d0

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I can't recall this being posted here before - so here is a short educational documentary.

Enjoy.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987 wrote:Come to Australia mate, we have beaches ........

Ninjas everywhere

:bjarte: :nin:

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

screwtape wrote:Nothing wrong with hoping, is there?
Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 5.16.35 PM.png
I wouldn't care to have ulcerative colits or Crohn's, but to be frank, I'd far rather poor Danielle had them both rather than cancer. I can't help it: I'm just that nice a person. ;)
Might just be period cramps.

Pseudomonas

Post by Pseudomonas »

Sunder wrote:
deLurch wrote:Speaking of safe spaces, who wants to go for a swim, courtesy of some real life Steven King shit going down.

http://i.imgur.com/A6zFqHJ.jpg

https://thewest.com.au/news/offbeat/gra ... b88559812z
I thought the one good thing about Australia was supposed to be the beaches. And yeah there might be sharks and jellyfish but at least you could see those coming.

I fully expect in my lifetime to read articles about the air in Australia turning toxic. Not because of pollution or anything but just because it too will have evolved to kill humans.
"Irukandji jellyfish are a type of deadly venomous box jellyfish. With an adult size of roughly a cubic centimetre (1 cm3), they are both one of the smallest and most venomous jellyfish in the world. They inhabit the marine waters of Australia...

The Irukandji's small size and transparent body make it very difficult to see in the water.

Irukandji syndrome is produced by a small amount of venom and induces excruciating muscle cramps in the arms and legs, severe pain in the back and kidneys, a burning sensation of the skin and face, headaches, nausea, restlessness, sweating, vomiting, an increase in heart rate and blood pressure, and psychological phenomena such as the feeling of impending doom.[15] The syndrome is in part caused by release of catecholamines.[9] The venom contains a sodium channel modulator.[9]

The sting is moderately irritating; the severe syndrome is delayed for 5–120 minutes (30 minutes on average). The symptoms last from hours to weeks, and victims usually require hospitalisation."

Wikipedia

(My Bolding)

Hope this helps your choice of holiday destination. :D

By the way, the cause of the bloody legs has been identified as Lysianassid amphipods: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-07/t ... ia/8782634.

Pseudomonas

free thoughtpolice

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Ironic that a Marxist seems to be one of the more sensible bloggers at FTB.

Saying that, that's a bit like saying one's persons turd smells slightly less bad than another person's turd.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

This may be of interest to some - another perspective on the Dunkirk movie

After seeing Dunkirk at the IMAX recently - I'll put Dunkirk on my list of films to watch

And there's plenty more mini-reviews at the 'Trailers from Hell' youtube channel.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

It's amusing when English speaking "developed" countries become the gold standard for civilised liberal action.
As more and more countries began legalising gay marriage, Australia was left behind. We are now the last developed English-speaking country not to allow same-sex couples to marry.
http://www.news.com.au/national/federal ... 0329b874f9

Btw Boy safely returned from his Dubai Cadetship and had a great time. No doubt helped by us bridging the gap between his budget focussed hostel and a 4.5 star Sheraton with full breakfast and room servicing + non split cycle AC.

free thoughtpolice

I always knew there was some reason Willy Wonka creeped me out.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

dogen wrote:If only KD had ovaries and a uterus; he could do it solo in 9 months:

What are those lateral 2x4's screwed into? Are those screws going in at 45 degree angles to the vertical beams? And is that beam on the right split from where it was screwed into?

https://imgoat.com/uploads/9ca14e7ea6/35929.jpg

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Could also be Munchhausen's.
Could be fluevog needus.

dogen

Post by dogen »

deLurch wrote:
dogen wrote:If only KD had ovaries and a uterus; he could do it solo in 9 months:

What are those lateral 2x4's screwed into? Are those screws going in at 45 degree angles to the vertical beams? And is that beam on the right split from where it was screwed into?

Those aren't screws, they're nails. Looks like they're toe-nailed through the blocking (which looks a bit thin to be 2x) into the beam on the right.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Ugh. Disgusting. Howe dare you post gore like that on the pit.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Lauren Southern goes off on Gay Pride Parades.

I await her equally scathing take down of Mardi Gras and Spring Break. I still contend, as cute as she might be, she isn't exactly the brightest bulb in the pack.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Something ... different. Can't quite put my finger on it.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

deLurch wrote:

Ugh. Disgusting. Howe dare you post gore like that on the pit.
I know I know. And I thought Nigger had already been run down at the front gate.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

"Irukandji ... induces excruciating muscle cramps in the arms and legs, severe pain in the back and kidneys, a burning sensation of the skin and face, headaches, nausea, restlessness, sweating, vomiting, an increase in heart rate and blood pressure, and psychological phenomena such as the feeling of impending doom."

Works equally well for Caine's ex redface nom.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

I have only peripherally been following the Beard-Taleb kerfuffle on Jamaicans in the Roman army, but thought that it was a little strange that Beard said there were no or few genetic markers of the Normans in modern day Britain. My understanding is that the Normans were essentially of Scandinavian viking stock, admixed with Francs and Gallo-Romans. These markers are most definitely in British and Irish gene lines; my own included.

free thoughtpolice

dogen wrote:
deLurch wrote:

Those aren't screws, they're nails. Looks like they're toe-nailed through the blocking (which looks a bit thin to be 2x) into the beam on the right.
It's 1" dim or 3/4 inch presumably drywall backing. More than 3 nails, probably none with a good angle to hold.
Worse is when you think about the foundations. If they poured the footings themselves with a rented mixer and their neighbors pond water then they may be facing big problems in the next decade or so as the house settles.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

dogen wrote:
deLurch wrote:

OMFG, zoom in to look at the job she did nailing...looks like a child did it. Uneven spacing, not flush, simply awful. But look at her fingernails...perfection. I've never known any handyperson or carpenter that could keep fingernails without bashing them up.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Pit presently be all like

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

deLurch wrote:Lauren Southern goes off on Gay Pride Parades.

I await her equally scathing take down of Mardi Gras and Spring Break. I still contend, as cute as she might be, she isn't exactly the brightest bulb in the pack.
Why is her hair white now? Is she trying to become a Valkyrie?

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:OMFG, zoom in to look at the job she did nailing...looks like a child did it. Uneven spacing, not flush, simply awful. But look at her fingernails...perfection. I've never known any handyperson or carpenter that could keep fingernails without bashing them up.
This is why a recent divorcee needs a $25/hour part time firefighter helping out.

So every day after school she would round them up and drive them to the construction site to have them build until dark. I guess the kids did not have any homework.

I also love how she used vertical bricks on her columns. It really ties everything together.
https://imgoat.com/uploads/9ca14e7ea6/35936.jpg

OK. She was in a rough position right after the divorce. And she didn't do a bad job for an amateur. But she took out a $125k loan for the construction. Good luck in trying to resell that house for anything close to what she put into it.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

New Sye

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Oh, and watch it fast, I doubt it's long for Youtube

dogen

Post by dogen »

TheMudbrooker wrote:New Sye

Loved the coda with Aids Skrillex and Steve Shives.

:dance:

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Brive1987 wrote:Something ... different. Can't quite put my finger on it.
She has gone platinum.

https://imgoat.com/uploads/9ca14e7ea6/35939.jpg

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

As for this made-up crap about programming. Right now females make up 18% of students enrolled in computer programming courses. They are like over 30% of programmers. So, way over represented, because - vagina.

I would go to work for Google just so they could fire me when I manifestoed that all over their facebook site. And the 'tough guy' who said he would have had the guy perp-walked to the front entrance and had his personal stuff mailed to him, I'd wait to meet that virtue-signalling fucker at the door. I would turn that front entrance into a back-alley real quick. Fucker.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

free thoughtpolice wrote: It's 1" dim or 3/4 inch presumably drywall backing. More than 3 nails, probably none with a good angle to hold.
Worse is when you think about the foundations. If they poured the footings themselves with a rented mixer and their neighbors pond water then they may be facing big problems in the next decade or so as the house settles.
I'm not gonna watch the vid, so tell me ... they used rebar, right?

free thoughtpolice

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: It's 1" dim or 3/4 inch presumably drywall backing. More than 3 nails, probably none with a good angle to hold.
I'm not gonna watch the vid, so tell me ... they used rebar, right?
I doubt "they" would think of that. Possibly the bank that loaned them the 150 large made sure they had an inspected foundation, at any rate, it looks dodgy.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

deLurch wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:Hubby has house in Alaska that he rents out. I took a good look at if a few days ago and the lot is huge. He could easily build another house on it. I'm thinking a duplex and get three times the rent. I brought up the idea and he's for it, but only if I build it. I'm okay as a home handyman, but can I build a house? A duplex? Any suggestions?

But you can learn how to do so. Does he already have experience in building one? Then you should be OK with his guidance. Otherwise expect it to take a long time.

Also you need 2-3 people, or a hell of a lot of time, ingenuity, strength and fortitude to do what many people consider the impossible.

Scratch the duplex. You don't have the experience. Try for a simple 1 room log cabin to start and gain experience.

For reference, check out this guy's youtube channel. It took him 3 years to have a livable, but incomplete home. He lives in a climate with much more warm weather months, and access to plenty of tools & supplies that are not insanely expensive. Also he was well skilled in creating theater sets, and knew how to do metal work and welding.

After dumpster diving into that channel, I think you will get a clue as to how long, and what kind of learning curve you are in for.
Thanks. I've since heard that the local community college has a construction program, so I'm going to talk to someone there about maybe hiring a few students. The only problem with that is they're not here in the summer when I am, so I'll have to work out the timing.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

katamari Damassi wrote:
deLurch wrote:

Thanks. I've since heard that the local community college has a construction program, so I'm going to talk to someone there about maybe hiring a few students. The only problem with that is they're not here in the summer when I am, so I'll have to work out the timing.
Here is an Alaska construction story: A couple decades ago a company wins a bid to build a school in an Alaskan village. They found out it would be cheaper to send the bricks to the village individually wrapped and individually mailed than getting them there by barge. The post-office objected but it was legal. So the post-office had to hire the barge to take the bricks to the village. Cause way cheaper than the other way.

Plus, when my brother-in-law and sister built their home in Whiterhorse, Yukon, they had the lumber sent up from Vancouver. There is no way he was going to use crappy lumber that tends to end up in Yukon supply yards.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
First, find out if it's even legal to build, ie zoning laws and permitting. There isn't anything in particular that an able person can't do in building a home, but some things have knowledge and a learning curve. Hooking up power, septic tank, things like that. And it will probably need to be inspected along the way.
Oh fuck yeah, the septic. You'd have to pay someone under the table to put one in without a permit. You could go with gray water and composting toilets, but how will prospective tenants like that?

Why not put up a few cabins instead and rent them to tourists?
I play pinochle with some people on the city council and sometimes the mayor, and they seemed okay with the idea. I couldn't do septic so I would have to have them run a sewer line-the main is fairly close. I'm going to try and talk with the guy who runs a construction training program at the local college and see what he has to suggest.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Guy who penned the Google doc on diversity travesty fired.
https://www.recode.net/2017/8/7/1611069 ... of-conduct

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

deLurch wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:OMFG, zoom in to look at the job she did nailing...looks like a child did it. Uneven spacing, not flush, simply awful. But look at her fingernails...perfection. I've never known any handyperson or carpenter that could keep fingernails without bashing them up.
This is why a recent divorcee needs a $25/hour part time firefighter helping out.

So every day after school she would round them up and drive them to the construction site to have them build until dark. I guess the kids did not have any homework.

I also love how she used vertical bricks on her columns. It really ties everything together.
https://imgoat.com/uploads/9ca14e7ea6/35936.jpg

OK. She was in a rough position right after the divorce. And she didn't do a bad job for an amateur. But she took out a $125k loan for the construction. Good luck in trying to resell that house for anything close to what she put into it.
You can have any kind of house you want, whatever your imagination comes up with -- and you build a clone of one of 30 million mofugly tract homes? With siding indistinguishable from the immortally tacky Garden State Brickfacing™ ?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

katamari Damassi wrote: I play pinochle with some people on the city council and sometimes the mayor, and they seemed okay with the idea. I couldn't do septic so I would have to have them run a sewer line-the main is fairly close. I'm going to try and talk with the guy who runs a construction training program at the local college and see what he has to suggest.
Auction?

free thoughtpolice

Good luck KD. Are there are people looking to rent, especially year round? Otherwise probably not worth the investment.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

deLurch wrote:
1.) Save a river, kill a muskrat.

2.) Curvy rivers have a physical reality.

3.) Curvy women are a social construct.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

free thoughtpolice wrote:I always knew there was some reason Willy Wonka creeped me out.
I guess we all know what was number one on his Bucket list.