In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Old subthreads
Guest_84d94f98

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Post by Guest_84d94f98 »

Mothra's Dentist wrote:My, such a temper! Jason Kessler didn't get hurt, just humiliated, so don't worry, he'll be able to spout his anti-semitism and white supremacist views all he wants (He is already on Alex Jones).
Sorry, I just don't like mobs of any variety, and love for mob leaders of all types to be publically humiliated.
--yours truly,
A scum sucking maggot and subhuman twat
So he was getting punched but he didn't actually get hurt so it is OK... So does that mean it is OK to punch you when you try to speak? it isn't as if it will hurt you.

The cops were all over him, and he didn't even defend himself. Imagine what would have happened if he had punched back. Not a fair situation.

And it doesn't appear as if he really can speak as much as he wants, as when he did, he was repeatedly physically assaulted by different people.

You say you don't like mobs of any variety, but you certainly seem alright with the multiple people punching him.

Stop coming up with scenarios that are so bad that we feel compelled to defend these useless twats. Mock their views. Point out their fascicles. Post them in funny 'shoops. But violence begets more violence, so don't endorse people initiating it.

-Soylent

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

DaveDodo007 wrote:Thanks for the history lesson though I already knew what happened in the Chatham Islands. All you need to do is look up world wide IQ rates and then see which countries have the best living standards. Of course you are not allowed to mention it as that would be racist and we can't have that. When you see Westerners fleeing to Africa or the Middle East for a better life well then you get to tell me biological differences are not a 'thing.'
China has the same average IQ as the UK. Until recently it was populated almost entirely by impoverished peasants. South Korea too.

Given how quickly societies change, how contingent these changes are on random events, how populations flow and migrate into each other, and how slowly evolution acts, it is far more likely that genetics influences social formations in the sense that adaptability is genetic. The genes that make Europeans farmers and city dwellers, are the same that make those who live in harsher environments nomads.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Where there are genetic differences, such as lactose tolerance, genetic changes have resulted from social change, not the other way around. We didn't become dairy farmers because we just happened to be lactose tolerant, we became more lactose tolerant because we farmed dairy animals.

Mothra's Dentist

Post by Mothra's Dentist »

Guest_84d94f98 wrote:
Mothra's Dentist wrote:My, such a temper! Jason Kessler didn't get hurt, just humiliated, so don't worry, he'll be able to spout his anti-semitism and white supremacist views all he wants (He is already on Alex Jones).
Sorry, I just don't like mobs of any variety, and love for mob leaders of all types to be publically humiliated.
--yours truly,
So he was getting punched but he didn't actually get hurt so it is OK... So does that mean it is OK to punch you when you try to speak? it isn't as if it will hurt you.

The cops were all over him, and he didn't even defend himself. Imagine what would have happened if he had punched back. Not a fair situation.

And it doesn't appear as if he really can speak as much as he wants, as when he did, he was repeatedly physically assaulted by different people.

You say you don't like mobs of any variety, but you certainly seem alright with the multiple people punching him.

Stop coming up with scenarios that are so bad that we feel compelled to defend these useless twats. Mock their views. Point out their fascicles. Post them in funny 'shoops. But violence begets more violence, so don't endorse people initiating it.

-Soylent
If antifa and the alt-right had a large cage match and finished each other off, nothing would make me happier. And cry me a river. A couple of punchs thrown at a lard ass who organized a Klan-like torch lit march attended by people waving the Nazi flag, David Duke, and anti-semites shouting "blood and soil" that then, in a completely predictable manner, turns violent, is not going to get any sympathy from me.

Mothra's Dentist

Guest_84d94f98 wrote:
--yours truly,

-Soylent
If antifa and the alt-right had a large cage match and finished each other off, nothing would make me happier. And cry me a river. A couple of punchs thrown at a lard ass who organized a Klan-like torch lit march attended by people waving the Nazi flag, David Duke, and anti-semites shouting "blood and soil" that then, in a completely predictable manner, turns violent, is not going to get any sympathy from me.

Mothra's Dentist

Sorry for the double post

Guest_84d94f98

Post by Guest_84d94f98 »

Back on the James Fields issue.

Several people are making the argument that James car was hit by a baseball bat right before he accelerated.

Looking at this video, on the left, a black teen/young adult in a white/grey shirt, starting at time punch 3 seconds, impact with the rear bumper at 4 seconds and you can hear it. And then you can hear and see the car accelerate.
https://everipedia.org/wiki/james-alex- ... 1&slide=12

You can see the damage to the rear bumper that was not visible prior to the baseball hit.
https://files.catbox.moe/axfw6m.jpg

Various people online are also arguing that he was applying the breaks prior to hitting anyone for what that argument is worth.

That probably would have spooked the hell out of me too.

As a bonus, here is an additional view of the collision from behind that shows what was happening just before he reversed.
https://tmz.com/2017/08/13/charlottesvi ... ist-rally/

Now to counter the point I just made above, in the 1st video I linked, in the first second, you can hear the car do a loud squeak & bounce. After careful viewing, it seems as if his car actually caught some air coming off of the pedestrian mall. So he was already heading down that strip at a fast clip.

https://everipedia.org/wiki/james-alex- ... 1&slide=12

This leads me to believe that the baseball bat hit to his bumper was in fact NOT the start of him gunning it.

So was he going psycho from the pedestrian mall or earlier? Or was there some other altercation prior that we did not see?

I guess I am still leaning towards guilty psycho.

-Soylent

Guest_84d94f98

Post by Guest_84d94f98 »

Mothra's Dentist wrote:If antifa and the alt-right had a large cage match and finished each other off, nothing would make me happier. And cry me a river.
I actually agree that allowing two equally willing violent groups duke it out to each other's own detriment would be acceptable to me. But the key is both parties must be willing participants in the violence.

Guest_84d94f98

Post by Guest_84d94f98 »

Mothra's Dentist wrote:If antifa and the alt-right had a large cage match and finished each other off, nothing would make me happier. And cry me a river.
I actually agree that allowing two equally willing violent groups duke it out to each other's own detriment would be acceptable to me. But the key is both parties must be willing participants in the violence.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

You twins need to cooperate to prevent the echo effect. :ugeek:

Guest_84d94f98

Post by Guest_84d94f98 »

Lauren Southern actually conducted an interesting interview with James Allsup (not sure who he is beyond an attendee of the Unite the Right protest).
My key points of interest are:
* Why people are joining these white identitarian movements (from their perspective).
* Their point of view on the events that unfolded in Charlottesville.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=bfIfywQkxOk

-Soylent

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Shatterface wrote:Where there are genetic differences, such as lactose tolerance, genetic changes have resulted from social change, not the other way around. We didn't become dairy farmers because we just happened to be lactose tolerant, we became more lactose tolerant because we farmed dairy animals.
And what if the covenants of my homeowners association won't allow me to have a cow?

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

free thoughtpolice wrote:You twins need to cooperate to prevent the echo effect. :ugeek:
If the echo helps to drown out the drunken rants from the dodo, I'm cool with it.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Tigzy wrote:
Eh?? I'm saying that cultural development isn't solely or heavily contingent on biological imperatives. How does non-Westerners wanting to live in the West refute that?
It doesn't. The problem here isn't anything you wrote, its the fact that Dododipshit can't fucking read.

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

Wow. The Doodoo bird in full swing at six in the morning is something to behold. :twatson:

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Eskarina wrote:Wow. The Doodoo bird in full swing at six in the morning is something to behold. :twatson:
Poor, poor Dave. There is a moral there, somewhere.

Guest_84d94f98

Post by Guest_84d94f98 »

It appears that there were at least some non white identitarians part of the Charlottesville protests.

They kind of suck in delivering their message. And they clearly haven't learned to use video cameras to record evidence of the problems they claim occurred.

This crowd claims to be free speech advocates. In the video contains groups claiming to be "patriots" in general & "The Highway Men" and "Lee's Huntsman." They also seem to be pro rebel flag. They also say they stand for the rights of BLM & Nazis to speak even though they are completely against what they say. They also so they are anti-violence. However at least one engaged in violence to retrieve a stolen flag and was applauded by the group for doing so.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=oLA4lEtmH2A

I don't think that they are going to get the traction they are hoping for.

-Soylent

Guest_84d94f98

Post by Guest_84d94f98 »

Someone in this channel looks familiar.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=RLCIth_VwiM

-Soylent

Guest_936d3dec

Post by Guest_936d3dec »

Take it fwiw, this is Pax Dickinson's account of what happened yesterday at the rally -- this is not an account of the car attack -- this is Pax saying the way the Virginia State Police handled it was intentionally to create the conflict.

Click to read his 34 tweets.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Eskarina wrote:Wow. The Doodoo bird in full swing at six in the morning is something to behold. :twatson:
Poor, poor Dave. There is a moral there, somewhere.

Guest_84d94f98

Post by Guest_84d94f98 »

I didn't know the Sinead had completely lost her marbles. She claims she has 3 mental illnesses. I feel bad for her, but I guess that it is one of those situations where people don't know what to do with her after she checks herself out of a mental hospital.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=919ip9_urEo

She plainly states that she cannot take care of herself & doesn't appear to be able to fully control herself. That pretty much relegates her to the level of a child.

-Soylent

Guest_84d94f98

Post by Guest_84d94f98 »

On additional review of this video, I am thinking that all of the people claiming he hit the breaks are full of shit. In this view, as he is plowing through people, you don't see the break lights until he solidly slams into the crowd of people and is forced to stop due to slamming into the two cars in front of him. The "break lights" are briefly show as he slams the car into reverse.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=uASs1k1-HyA

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Whilst watching the news and the almost unhinged blaming of Trump for Charlottesville, "he hasn't condemned Nazis" (yes you BBC) There appears to be one question no one seems willing to ask ... WHERE THE FUCK WERE THE POLICE?

Guest_ef1868da

Post by Guest_ef1868da »

Why are we not being reminded that more Americans are killed by toddlers than by terrorists?

Where is our sense of perspective?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Richard has wandered off his mental reservation.

Again.

http://i.imgur.com/oigE1Ft.jpg

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: <snip>

One step further and you could argue that it's this natural antipathy to third party cultural norms that makes certain group infusions a challenge for Paris Western Europe, Canada and Australia.
<snip>

Even if one completely stopped immigration from muslim-majority countries (which is by itself pretty illiberal, and not what I'm in favor of) there's also the problem of muslims who already live in the west. Either you find a way to integrate them or you find yourself with the problem of a state within a state, which could trigger Steersman-esque demands for "population transfers".
Got my vote of course. It's the only method that's shown any success at all.

As or "integrate them or ... state within a state", you might take a gander at: https://twitter.com/seanhannity/status/ ... 2809129985

From the Amazon summary:
No Go Zones. That's what they're called. And while the politically correct try to deny their existence, the shocking reality of these "No Go Zones"—where Sharia law can prevail and local police stay away—can be attested to by its many victims. ....

With compelling reporting, Kassam takes you into Islamic areas you might not even know existed—communities, neighborhoods, and whole city districts from San Bernardino, California, (a No Go Zone of the mind) to Hamtramck, Michigan (essentially an Islamic colony in the Midwest); from Malmö, Sweden, to the heart of London, England—where infidels are unwelcome, Islamic law is king, and extremism grows. ....
Chances of integration are somewheres between slim and none. And if "cafeteria Muslims" and otherwise are unprepared or unwilling to take the bull by the horns and repudiate the barbarisms in their "holy book" [ha!] and largely psychotic "religion" then one might reasonably call them more a part of the problem than of the solution. Sure not much evidence of any willingness to do that: https://twitter.com/AMDWaters/status/896654679869988864

But kind of surprised and a little disappointed at your positions though. You're obviously a clever fellow and quite knowledgeable about Islam, all the players in the cluster-fuck that is Syria, and the problematic ramifications of Muslim immigration. Yet you seem remarkably unwilling to consider that "Islam is flatly incompatible with democracy & human rights", or to consider what is, apparently, the only rational course of action - deportations, banning, closing the borders to Muslim immigration - should that be the case - as a surfeit of evidence more or less proves beyond the proverbial shadow of doubt.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

PZ has taken to naming names from his family and taking photos of his neighbours as he established his star chamber for nazis.

Fucking hilarious.

I would love to let his pickup-driving confederate flag owning town-mate know they had a lump of a lib-tard senior lecturer on their case.

http://archive.is/NPFJE

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

Tigzy wrote:
gurugeorge wrote:In response to some of the comments above: since the other factors are (I agree) so numerous and indeterminate, surely that indeterminacy cancels out for all the various ethnic groups, so the factor that is fairly determinate - genetics - is the one that's left over to make the biggest noticeable difference?
No, I wouldn't say it was the only one. Far from it (and this is even when we assume the nature/nurture debate might have been settled in favour of nature). Take geography: sure, it changes, but only over huge timescales. In terms of human civilisation, it has hardly changed at all. So throughout much of human history, we have had steppe peoples, desert nomads, plains folk, seafaring folk. Surely this would be at least as big a cultural determinant as human biology. And then you couple that with the local climates, the propensity for an area to suffer earthquakes, floods and the like - and then couple it with how isolated an area may or may not be, how easily it may or may not be conquered by another people. And so on and so forth.
Eh, those epochal constants in geography ARE what results in the the biological differences. For example, geography is why you have relatively busy, clever people coming from climes where it was hard to scrabble a living in the ancestral environment (Whites and Asians coming from Ice Age climes).

It's harsh to think about, but it's obviously true. So the full chain is: long term environment shapes genetics, which shape family forms and kinship groups, which shape culture.

And then you have the "messy", difficult-to-parse-out elements of quicker geographical changes, local advantages and disadvantages, etc. And then you have historical artifacts, like the manorial system reinforcing an ongoing tendency to nuclear family form west of the "Hajnal Line."

Our understanding of ourselves is skewed by our having a written history and a fairly detailed knowledge of what has happened to us over the last 5,000 years or so, but the bodies and brains we have are shaped by the larger swathes of time before that - the 10,000, 100,000 year periods of our ancestral environment before history, those are what give us the DNA blueprints we have now.

But, at the same time, that's what makes it hard to be definite about any of this, as Kirb says. Nevertheless, we can think about it, and while it's not definite, it's suggestive and worth thinking about if we're trying to actually understand who we are.

Guest_84d94f98

Post by Guest_84d94f98 »

shoutinghorse wrote:Whilst watching the news and the almost unhinged blaming of Trump for Charlottesville, "he hasn't condemned Nazis" (yes you BBC) There appears to be one question no one seems willing to ask ... WHERE THE FUCK WERE THE POLICE?
Here is the video of the protester's exit from Lee Park that the identitarians are complaining about, and it shows you were the police were during that event. That along with "Not Dick Patterson's" tweet map above I think gives us a much better perspective as to what happened.
https://youtu.be/YzhqO3iYlxk?t=3104

I love video as it tends to be far less biased than people's verbal accounts.
-Soylent

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

Brive1987 wrote:PZ has taken to naming names from his family and taking photos of his neighbours as he established his star chamber for nazis.

Fucking hilarious.

I would love to let his pickup-driving confederate flag owning town-mate know they had a lump of a lib-tard senior lecturer on their case.

So at this late stage in life, PZ finally discovers that not EVERY single solitary virulent racist lives in the South? Wow, I guess that's why he has a PHD, and I don't

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

Some ramblings further to some of the above.

It's interesting btw: when I try to think of the closest analogues to "White" philosophical ideas in other world cultures, they're often Chinese. I'm a bit of a Sinophile, I've always been fascinated by Chinese culture.

So as I said, you have Daoism as an analogue of libertarian individualism, you have Mohism as an analogue of egalitarianism. China has also suffered many "revolution"-like events in its history, huge upheavals with megadeaths, based on variations of Daoist idealism mixed with sort of New Agey-type magical ideas (the megadeaths coming partly from the revolutions themselves, but mostly from the Imperial reactions to them).

The odd man out of the Big Three Chinese philosophies (for Whites) would be Confucianism, which is situated more towards the clannish side of Chinese culture (familial piety, etc.), so the most odd-seeming of the three great Chinese philosophies. So you get Whites who are into Daoism, and Lefties who acknowledge Mozi as a proto-Communist, but you don't find any comparable enthusiasm among Westerners for picking up Confucianism.

I think if there is (as there does seem to be) some comparability between Whites and Asians in terms of overall IQ as a result of formative Ice Age development, the big difference seems to be the deeply-held retention of the clan-based social structure in Chinese culture. Again, this might be why you have this constant effort in Chinese history to "scale up" the localized clan "Big Man" to the level of the Emperor, and why the "market" idea (spontaneous order) was developed amongst the fissiparous groupings in the West (first of all, in the many statelets and islands of Greek culture, later in the warring states of Europe). Essentially, ancient China WAS like Europe, except they had a Napoleon/Hitler who succeeded (Qin Shi Huangdi). China isn't a country but a long-standing empire, unified initially by sheer force.

I've always thought that the Chinese were "too smart for their own good" in trying to make the Emperor idea work. They had the best possible implementation of a scaled-up Big Man, and they tried for centuries to shape the Big Man to doing good by means of philosophy, but it's never quite worked. It's almost like watching a culture persistently trying to bash a square peg into a round hole.

But actually, the trick we in the West discovered, was that the larger-scale the society, the less you can rely on central authority, the more you have to rely on spontaneous order and have the proto-AI of the market organizing production and distribution.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Steersman wrote:But kind of surprised and a little disappointed at your positions though. You're obviously a clever fellow and quite knowledgeable about Islam, all the players in the cluster-fuck that is Syria, and the problematic ramifications of Muslim immigration. Yet you seem remarkably unwilling to consider that "Islam is flatly incompatible with democracy & human rights", or to consider what is, apparently, the only rational course of action - deportations, banning, closing the borders to Muslim immigration - should that be the case - as a surfeit of evidence more or less proves beyond the proverbial shadow of doubt.
I have explained to you countless times what are the problems with your insanely illiberal approach. There's an entire thread on this forum which is all about that, I suggest you check out Ali Rizvi's book, The Atheist Muslim, and read it ALL for once, without skimming the parts you don't like.

Then we'll talk.

Guest_84d94f98

Post by Guest_84d94f98 »

Place your bets. Is pz myer's cousin alive or dead. He last saw him 25 years ago at his father's funeral, and from the sound of it, was an adult when pz was a little squirt.

We know how brave pz is.

-Soylent

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

It's interesting that, of the the Big Three philosophies you mention, it's actually the least 'Western' - Confucianism - that most Westerners will actually have heard of.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Guest_84d94f98

Post by Guest_84d94f98 »

Brave brave pz meyers. Willing to name his dead cousin as a racist. Died in 2013 at the ripe old age of 97.

legacy.com/obituaries/seattletimes/obituary.aspx?pid=163043753

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote:PZ has taken to naming names from his family and taking photos of his neighbours as he established his star chamber for nazis.

Fucking hilarious.

PeeZie wrote:And that asshole looked at me and said, smugly, “Well, what do you think of that?” And I looked at him, my mind racing, tangled up with politeness and the respect I’m supposed to give my elders, and I mumbled something vaguely affirmative, and he let me go.
Typical Peezus. He couldn't stand up for his principles if he glued to a wall.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Guest_84d94f98 wrote:Brave brave pz meyers. Willing to name his dead cousin as a racist. Died in 2013 at the ripe old age of 97.

Probably afraid that if he named and shamed him in 2012 he would have kicked his ass at 96.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Hunt wrote:
Guest_84d94f98 wrote:Brave brave pz meyers. Willing to name his dead cousin as a racist. Died in 2013 at the ripe old age of 97.

Probably afraid that if he named and shamed him in 2012 he would have kicked his ass at 96.
PZ Myers was intimidated by Thunderfoot making jokes about blasphemy laws. He's an Internet Tough Guy, but in real life he couldn't manage to raise his voice to save his life.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

My take on the entire Charlottesville, Confederate statues mess:

Basically, the American left is out of power. Every time one side of our "bipolar" system feels they've been disenfranchised. they start causing trouble. It happened during Obama with the Tea Party. It's happening now with liberals. They've been unexpectedly and shockingly thrown out of power. So what do they do? Get back in any way they can. Whatever they can do and however they can do it, they're going to stick it to right wingers. So Robert E Lee statues are the perfect target, and they can act under cover story of the virtuously tearing down a racist symbol. They know exactly what they're doing, and that isn't their motivation. They're trying to get a rise out of the right. OK, fine and good, but we all know of many other symbols from troublesome periods of history. The pit is a cosmopolitan group. Surely readers can pick some monster or other cast in stone in their own backyard. Jefferson was a racist. Lincoln was a racist. Washington had plenty of skeletons in his closet. Teddy was no angel. Are they going to tear down Mt. Rushmore next?

As I've mentioned before, I live in Hawaii. Hawaii venerates King Kamehameha. There are statues of this MF all over the place. He united the islands into a kingdom, but he was essentially pre-colonial. Let's just say "he did questionable things" during his life as a warrior, as Roy Batty would put it. Is anyone going to so much as lay a finger on one of his statues? Fuck no. A couple years ago someone stole a metal spear off one of them, and everyone had a shit fit.

It's politics all the way down.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Watch it Nazis .. You've upset Chelsea Girl now.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Hunt wrote:My take on the entire Charlottesville, Confederate statues mess:

Basically, the American left is out of power. Every time one side of our "bipolar" system feels they've been disenfranchised. they start causing trouble. It happened during Obama with the Tea Party. It's happening now with liberals. They've been unexpectedly and shockingly thrown out of power. So what do they do? Get back in any way they can. Whatever they can do and however they can do it, they're going to stick it to right wingers. So Robert E Lee statues are the perfect target, and they can act under cover story of the virtuously tearing down a racist symbol. They know exactly what they're doing, and that isn't their motivation. They're trying to get a rise out of the right. OK, fine and good, but we all know of many other symbols from troublesome periods of history. The pit is a cosmopolitan group. Surely readers can pick some monster or other cast in stone in their own backyard. Jefferson was a racist. Lincoln was a racist. Washington had plenty of skeletons in his closet. Teddy was no angel. Are they going to tear down Mt. Rushmore next?

As I've mentioned before, I live in Hawaii. Hawaii venerates King Kamehameha. There are statues of this MF all over the place. He united the islands into a kingdom, but he was essentially pre-colonial. Let's just say "he did questionable things" during his life as a warrior, as Roy Batty would put it. Is anyone going to so much as lay a finger on one of his statues? Fuck no. A couple years ago someone stole a metal spear off one of them, and everyone had a shit fit.

It's politics all the way down.
I don't doubt this, but the reaction of the Far-Right was extreme. They showed up armed and ready for a fight, chanting Nazi slogans, with Nazi flags, clubs, rifles, etc. etc. If your reaction to a statue being removed is turning into a Nazi street fighter maybe you weren't so stable to begin with.

Muslim street fighters/authoritarian cunts blame cartoonists who make fun of Ol'Mo for their violence. I'm not playing that game to excuse the frigging Nazis.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Kirbmarc wrote: I don't doubt this, but the reaction of the Far-Right was extreme. They showed up armed and ready for a fight, chanting Nazi slogans, with Nazi flags, clubs, rifles, etc. etc. If your reaction to a statue being removed is turning into a Nazi street fighter maybe you weren't so stable to begin with.

Muslim street fighters/authoritarian cunts blame cartoonists who make fun of Ol'Mo for their violence. I'm not playing that game to excuse the frigging Nazis.
Reactions by the lunatic fringe is always going to be extreme by definition; they're lunatics and they're the fringe. That seems to be a critical point for the entire world: moderates, control your lunatic fringe, else they will set the agenda.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Kirbmarc wrote:

I don't doubt this, but the reaction of the Far-Right was extreme. They showed up armed and ready for a fight, chanting Nazi slogans, with Nazi flags, clubs, rifles, etc. etc. If your reaction to a statue being removed is turning into a Nazi street fighter maybe you weren't so stable to begin with.

Both sides are as fucking ridiculous as each other, opposite sides of the same coin.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

shoutinghorse wrote:Watch it Nazis .. You've upset Chelsea Girl now.
Is it 5 o'clock already?

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

DaveDodo007 wrote:
Really? wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:
I'm sure that any increase in Nazi punching won't result in an increase in lefty-punching.
This is what I don't get (maybe because I'm a conservative) but don't the lefty/liberals realize that actions have consequences?
They believe actions have consequences when you criticise Islam or Islamists.....they insist it radicalises many "moderate" Muslims. But the same logic doesn't seem to apply to criticising white supremacists.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Also wound up coming across a series of studies on relationship violence which generally seem to suggest male on female violence is as common as female on male.

https://web.csulb.edu/~mfiebert/assault.htm

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

shoutinghorse wrote:Whilst watching the news and the almost unhinged blaming of Trump for Charlottesville, "he hasn't condemned Nazis" (yes you BBC) There appears to be one question no one seems willing to ask ... WHERE THE FUCK WERE THE POLICE?
Maybe the mayor asked them to "stand down".........

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Brive1987 wrote:Richard has wandered off his mental reservation.

Again.

Unusual for Carrier not to come on time....

:)

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Fucking hilarious.

This won't escalate things. At all. Ever.

:lol:

PS. Perhaps a similar campaign of publicising accused rapists in the Minnesota region might be useful.....

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Richard has wandered off his mental reservation.

Again.

Unusual for Carrier not to come on time....

:)
Ever since he had that vasectomy, he can go long periods of time before cumming. Its called stamina

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

I miss the good old days when you just dug up the coffin.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/4230725 ... omisation/

feathers

Post by feathers »

Guest_936d3dec wrote:[.tweet]https://twitter.com/SpicyScrump/status/ ... 2237748224[/tweet]
Oi va voi, I pressed escape and ended up on SpicyScrump's Twitter timeline... (•_ㅅ_•)

feathers

Post by feathers »

deLurch wrote:Of course in the US, being mentally ill is not a sufficient excuse. You have to be so mentally ill that you cannot tell the difference between right and wrong left.
Fixed!
This guy's issue is he could not tell the difference between reich and wrong.
Das auch nicht.

John D

Post by John D »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:

Both sides are as fucking ridiculous as each other, opposite sides of the same coin.
Both sides are stupid, vile, and destructive. Too bad the cops didn't crash their helicopter on the crowd and take some of these folks out. This would have contributed to the happiness of the rest of us.

As far as the statue goes, I disagree with the idea of taking it down. It is a piece of history. History is full of imperfect people, but they are influential and need to be understood. Running around taking things down because they hurt someone's feelings is foolish and destructive. And, where do you stop? Surely, every historical figure in American history has been imperfect. If the left keeps getting its way they will ask to blow up the face of Mt. Rushmore, and tear down the Jefferson memorial. (After all, Jefferson was the largest slave owner in Virginia and had a baby with one of his slaves).

Flying a version of the Confederate flag is different in my opinion. I just don't see a State flag as art I suppose. Putting a confederate flag into a State flag is just rubbing people's nose in racism. I have no problem with updating flags in this case. I just don't support the destruction of historical art. Our lives become less rich when we do this.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

We need to stop the veneration of slave owners.

Take those Pyramids down now!

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

deLurch wrote:
Is it 5 o'clock already?
Beyond a shadow of a doubt.

I take it from the lump in her pants that she likes to use good old fashioned sanitary towels. And while I'm being confused, I thought Doc Martens were associated with the skinheads of the right.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Keating

Post by Keating »

Kirbmarc wrote:I don't doubt this, but the reaction of the Far-Right was extreme. They showed up armed and ready for a fight, chanting Nazi slogans, with Nazi flags, clubs, rifles, etc. etc. If your reaction to a statue being removed is turning into a Nazi street fighter maybe you weren't so stable to begin with.

I'm reminded of a Chinese legend. During the Qin dynasty, two generals were ordered to rendezvous to help provide defences, however they were detained by severer flooding.

The first turned to the second and said, "what is the penalty for being late?"

"Death," said the second.

"And what is the penalty for rebellion?" asked the other.

"Death," said the second.

"Well, then" said the first, and the next day the Dazexiang uprising began.

The parallel I'm trying to draw is that if you're going to be called a Nazi in any case, may as well fly the flag.