In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Old subthreads
Guest_936d3dec

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Post by Guest_936d3dec »

I sort of trigger myself by tweet linking to Virtue Singal, but this came up when searching twitter for an ogi ogas tweet.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

deLurch wrote:I don't think it is the water people are thinking about getting muddy.
There's nothing funny about finding a two day old deposit under your roll-neck after a serious bender.

Trust me.

Been there, done that.

http://viralviralvideos.com/wp-content/ ... ke-GIF.gif

Obviously, my primary concern was the three-romeo downgrade (mid-tasking) and the "dirty" rating of the training area I was on. Fucking cheap German wetsuits...

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Siggy, the asexual physics student, the same one that spearheaded the move to run Anjuli Pandavar out of FTBville, has a post up about how electrons and everything else are just social constructs.
http://archive.is/AOc5a
“Real” appears to refer to certain social constructs that are culturally independent across a reasonable range of cultural variation. And fine, that’s a useful concept. Maybe rocks are real and beauty is not. But I fail to see why that means beauty is socially constructed and rocks are not. Both are socially constructed.
I'm guessing he will specialize in the mechanics of how genderfluid behaves in a quantum patriarchal environment. :ugeek:
"Beauty is truth, truth beauty," – that is all
Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

Real physicists understand why poetry is necessary. Siggy? Not yet. Give him/her/it a few decades.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Bhurzum wrote:
deLurch wrote:I don't think it is the water people are thinking about getting muddy.
There's nothing funny about finding a two day old deposit under your roll-neck after a serious bender.

Trust me.

Been there, done that.

[imralvideos.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2015/04/Oh-makes-me-wanna-puke-GIF.gif[/img]

Obviously, my primary concern was the three-romeo downgrade (mid-tasking) and the "dirty" rating of the training area I was on. Fucking cheap German wetsuits...
When Bhurzum makes one of his comments filled with military jargon:

https://i.imgur.com/r7LtvAx.jpg

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

jet_lagg wrote:
rayshul wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:Dan Harmon hates Rick & Morty's sexist fans.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/201 ... _fans.html

I bet within a year Harmon is accused of being "creepy" by one of his diversity hire writers.
Episode 3 & 4 were terrible in an otherwise really good season. I just looked it up - those were the two written by diversity hires.
Episode 6 was the only one that really let me down, and that was written by a series regular. You didn't like Pickle Rick?

Dan Harmon is now SJW though, and that means it's only a matter of time til they turn on him.
I mentioned this before but anyone blaming the new writers doesn't know how an episode of R&M is produced. There's no formal scriptwriting process which many shows have. What they instead have is a writer's room where people toss around ideas and Harmon has final say and veto power. If something made it into the show, it had his explicit approval. The person who gets their name on the writing credits is just whoever thought up the rough episode premise.

The show to me is no better or worse than it's ever been only because it's always been "what if Futurama was written by people with a comic book conception of 'science?'"

windy

Post by windy »

Jordan Peterson refuses to call film “IT”, says clown is clearly a “HIM”
According to eyewitnesses, Peterson spent 12 minutes holding up the box office line at Toronto’s Varsity Cinema while he repeatedly requested VIP room tickets for “HIM”, to the confusion of numerous employees.

“I was called over to the box office because this guy wouldn’t stop going like, ‘I’m here for HIM, I want to see HIM,’” recalled assistant manager Toby Duncan. “When I eventually clued in and asked if he meant ‘IT’, he said he most certainly did NOT mean ‘IT’ and called me a radical postmodernist ideologue trying to punish him for not using the clown’s ‘compelled pronoun.’ “
:lol:

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

katamari Damassi wrote: My guess is she wants to prove that male muscular and skeletal physiological differences from females' is due to culture.
There's a persistent false idea that it's the fact that boys are encouraged to run around outside a lot and girls aren't which is the secret ways boys grow up to be bigger and stronger. This has never stood up to even casual scrutiny. I had multiple tomboy friends growing up and I still outpaced them, as did many boys who were sedentary "fat kids." And there's a question of whether contemporary boys even are encouraged to go outside enough.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

rayshul wrote:
Pickle Rick was painfully bad.
I thought it was amazing, but that might have been the acid.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:When Bhurzum makes one of his comments filled with military jargon:

Ah, my bad.

Two day old deposit under roll-neck = nugget of shit under foreskin (two days old)
Bender = extended period of drinking (I thought this term was ubiquitous?)
Three Romeo = full NBC suit* (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical warfare suit) also slang for wearing a condom
Three Romeo downgrade = condom failure/split
Mid-tasking = on the job (the context should be obvious by this stage)
Dirty rating = used to grade a training area. After years of exercises, the MOD(Land) likes to give areas time to recover - in a training year, think of all the spent brass, human excrement (buried) and assorted FOD (foreign objects & debris) that accumulates. Anyway, it's also slang for questionable personal hygene.
Training area = large expanse of rolling countryside which the Army uses to practice its business upon. Also slang for a slapper, slag, woman of easy virtue etc because countless squaddies dump their mag all over it every year. We also say "she has a nominal roll tattooed on her inner thigh" or "ten more troops and she'll qualify for POTL" (post operational tour leave - pronounced like "bottle" but with a "P" instead of a "B")
Wetsuit = condom (Three Romeo)

So, just to recap...

I went on the raz, got blootered, tapped off with a minging boxhead, split her farting tackle but didn't realize my gasperator had become U/S mid-cabby. Two days later, mid-dhobi, I discovered a large nugget of 279 under my norgy. Fucking cheap Jerry blobs, huh? Now I'll need to see one-four-Billy for a sniff-test.

Better?

:P

* I could be wrong but the "dress states" might have changed to a colour code system.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Bhurzum wrote: Ah, my bad.

Two day old deposit under roll-neck = nugget of shit under foreskin (two days old)
Three Romeo = full NBC suit* (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical warfare suit) also slang for wearing a condom
Dirty rating = used to grade a training area. After years of exercises, the MOD(Land) likes to give areas time to recover - in a training year, think of all the spent brass, human excrement (buried) and assorted FOD (foreign objects & debris) that accumulates. Anyway, it's also slang for questionable personal hygene.
Training area = large expanse of rolling countryside which the Army uses to practice its business upon. Also slang for a slapper, slag, woman of easy virtue etc because countless squaddies dump their mag all over it every year. We also say "she has a nominal roll tattooed on her inner thigh" or "ten more troops and she'll qualify for POTL" (post operational tour leave - pronounced like "bottle" but with a "P" instead of a "B")

So, just to recap...

I went on the raz, got blootered, tapped off with a minging boxhead, split her farting tackle but didn't realize my gasperator had become U/S mid-cabby. Two days later, mid-dhobi, I discovered a large nugget of 279 under my norgy. Fucking cheap Jerry blobs, huh? Now I'll need to see one-four-Billy for a sniff-test.

Better?

* I could be wrong but the "dress states" might have changed to a colour code system.
Polari seems to have changed a bit since I used it.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Guest_936d3dec wrote:
He doesn't even give a coherent definition of "social construction". If wrote the post as essay for a course of philosophy of science he'd get an F.
I think xit says xit thinks everything is socially constructed which reminds me of stereotypes of most people on their first LSD trip.
I talked to God who told me he didn't exist and acid made me goofy?

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Bhurzum wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:When Bhurzum makes one of his comments filled with military jargon:

Ah, my bad.

So, just to recap...

Better?

Now tell us how the L85A1/SA80 was the best bangstick ever.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

screwtape wrote:Now tell us how the L85A1/SA80 was the best bangstick ever.
My serious (SAA instructor) take on it?

It was an OK rifle, a bit prone to stoppages (if poorly maintained/cleaned) but it done the job. The H&K upgraded A2 was a vast improvement - especially the working parts (reduced the locking splines to 3, much higher obturation rate, less "not fully forward" stoppages, removed the "tap forward assist" etc) and overall build quality.

Still, it's not a patch on the minimi (the drum mag is fucking awesome for keeping the feed clean) or numerous other "off the shelf" options.

Having said that, I'm a GPMG nut - that fucking thing gives me a hard-on I could dent a car with!

http://www.tfns.co.uk/gpmg.jpg

PWHOOOOAR!!!

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Libby Cowgill.....Mizzou.

All makes sense.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Bhurzum wrote:Blaire White on the "are traps gay" issue.

:popcorn:
Is it just me, or did Blair get her tires pumped?

Guest_936d3dec

Post by Guest_936d3dec »

She had a bunch of work done and she explains it on one of her vids. Getting her tires pumped was certainly in there along with stuff with her nose and eyebrows.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Am I the only one who thinks zhe's just a sandwich short of being as bat shit bonkers as the rest of the chicks with dicks out there in YouTube land?

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

shoutinghorse wrote:Am I the only one who thinks zhe's just a sandwich short of being as bat shit bonkers as the rest of the chicks with dicks out there in YouTube land?
No. It's probably only a matter of degree and possibly (I hope not) she just hasn't reached peak strangeness yet.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

It was Mr & Mrs L's fifteenth anniversary on Thursday.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Bhurzum wrote:
Having said that, I'm a GPMG nut - that fucking thing gives me a hard-on I could dent a car with!

PWHOOOOAR!!!
What he thinks:

http://media.vocativ.com/photos/2014/06 ... 073722.gif

Reality:

https://media.giphy.com/media/vnJW1csewu02Q/source.gif

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

shoutinghorse wrote:Am I the only one who thinks zhe's just a sandwich short of being as bat shit bonkers as the rest of the chicks with dicks out there in YouTube land?
I think she's got her head screwed on straight and is entertaining to boot. Also clearly a 'true' MtF and not an autogynophiliac.

No wonder the raging trans activists hate her.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Sunder wrote:Apropos of nothing: It bugs me that so many people can see that liberals embracing Islam just to spite conservatives is stupid and self-destructive, yet themselves are willing to embrace the most idiotic right-wing wingnut bullshit just because it rustles some liberal jimmies.

When your primary goal is not pursuing the best, consistent policy based on the information available, but just doing anything to make your opponents mad, you're going to make bad decisions. Always.
Too true. Take Milo's Breitbart (is he still there) commenters. Libtard this, libtard that, followed by anti-AGW conspiracy theories and assorted right-wing lunacies. Sargon, although I generally like his approach, has been a little credulous with some of the libertarian alternative media. I find that Rubin and Gad Saad, amongst others, tend to allow their more controversial guests to present a sanitised image. Which would be fine if it was made clear that the discussion was ONLY about SJW/PC issues, but they do then tend to draw the conclusion that their talk demonstrates a general reasonableness. I think Karen Straughan's talk with Chris Cantwell was a bit different in that they were both clear that their association did not imply that Karen agreed with his white identity politics. Although Rubin makes such caveats, he may mean it, but it doesn't really show.

Douglas Murray is one of the most intelligent figures out there, so it does piss me off to see him palling around with the likes of Mark Steyn and Delingpole. Murray has no objection when Delingpole launches into his crazy. With Steyn there is no mention of his pig-ignorant vendetta against Michael Mann, which says an awful lot about Steyn's character even if it is off topic. This makes me slightly suspicious of Douglas Murray.
Ho do fuck off. The fact that lefty/liberals embrace Islam even though it is antithetical to everything they are suppose to believe in just shows how evil and mentally ill those sick motherfuckers are. Lefty/liberals are sick evil perverts and if they didn't have double standards they wouldn't have any.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

900lb vaguely human shaped blob of ham drippings Harry Knowles is being accused of groping a woman.

He's tangled up in the whole Faraci/Alamo Drafthouse scandal. Looks like a massive SJW dumpster fire.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

I like listening to Maajid Narwaz, he gets some of the most enlightening callers, like this Muslim feminist for example. :doh:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ftjEOr090XY

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

FYI Dave, you could just put your "lefty/libtard" bitch script into a forum signature and save yourself the trouble of typing it out every post.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Lsuoma wrote:It was Mr & Mrs L's fifteenth anniversary on Thursday.
Bloody hell, I have no time for the white knighting women are wonderful retards but your other half must have balls of steel to put up with a fascist tit like you. Congratulations.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

DaveDodo007 wrote:
Bloody hell, I have no time for the white knighting women are wonderful retards but your other half must have balls of steel to put up with a fascist tit like you. Congratulations.
Yes, she has my sympathies also.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Sunder wrote:FYI Dave, you could just put your "lefty/libtard" bitch script into a forum signature and save yourself the trouble of typing it out every post.
I would if I could but with me being an oldfag I don't know what you are talking about. Still I would be neglecting in my duty if I didn't point out that lefty/liberals are mentally ill. It should of course be obvious by now but you faggots continue to exist. Therefore I have to go through the tedious task of reminding you to not embrace such bankrupt ideologies. Also get the fuck off my lawn. :(

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Do you prohibit doxxing in the bedroom too?

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Congrats. Isn't your missus a Washington native?

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Congratulations.

Will you be celebrating with fireworks and rockets?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Congrats. Isn't your missus a Washington native?
Spokane. born 'n' bred.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Bhurzum wrote:
Congratulations.

Guest_936d3dec

Post by Guest_936d3dec »

Am I the only one who thinks zhe's just a sandwich short of being as bat shit bonkers as the rest of the chicks with dicks out there in YouTube land?
Some subscription numbers:

Philip DeFranco yt: 5.6M twitter: 1M
Gigi Gorgeous: yt 2.7M (listed as most influential transgender on yt by some website)
Princess Joules: yt 446K (listed as 3rd most influential transgender on yt by some website)
Rubin Report: 518K twitter: 261K
Blaire White: 345K twitter: 144K
Janet Mock: yt: 4.1K twitter: 153K
Steve Shives: yt 55K
Zinnia Jones: 45K twitter: 17K (#2 2013 Most influential transgender youtube creators by some other website)
Riley Dennis: 41K twitter: 23K

Suggests by the numbers that Blair knows what she is doing. In fact, these numbers show that the most ridiculous trannies Shives, Jones and Dennis are treated like assholes.

I think White has a great channel, is respectful of other people and other views, is smart and aware of who she is and her failings, has a good sense of humor and in general has a channel the mainstream and even her parents can watch. I doubt that's true of Zinnia.

So I don't think she's a sandwich short of being bonkers.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

DaveDodo007 wrote:I would if I could but with me being an oldfag I don't know what you are talking about. Still I would be neglecting in my duty if I didn't point out that lefty/liberals are mentally ill. It should of course be obvious by now but you faggots continue to exist. Therefore I have to go through the tedious task of reminding you to not embrace such bankrupt ideologies. Also get the fuck off my lawn. :(
Lefty/liberal?

Thems fightin' words!

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/4f/50/c6/4f50 ... n-hair.jpg

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

(Some really funny terminology in this song)

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Lsuoma wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:
Congratulations.

I always thought that song was about masturbation.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

shoutinghorse wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:
That is really frightening! The literal nazis have cloaking technology now.
First they disguised themselves as run of the mill conservatives, then center left, now they are invisible. That will make punching them even harder.
I read a piece In the independent today where they describe the Tory MP Jacob Reece Mogg (who is hotly tipped to be the new leader) as a 'right wing' Conservative.
I kind of thought a prerequisite of being a Conservative was to be right wing. But what do I know? ;)
Well we have the robotic autistic cunt who hates free speech and wants to ban anything she doesn't like. Who is so retarded she almost against all odds handed to country over to some pinko commie retard. It would be nice if we conservatives could vote for a conservative party that you know fucking conserved something for once in their lives. It is so depressing that you win election after election but the lefty/liberal agenda marches on and on.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Congrats!

What's with everyone getting married in September? At the restaurant yesterday, we were like 4 couples celebrating our anniversaries. The owner (and cook) offered us some Champagne. Top class. I had sweetbread with girolles, asparagus and fava beans in a red-wine-and-berries emulsion. Divine. Ali had some Turbot with orange zest and assorted sauté vegetables. All that rinsed with a delicious Côtes-de-Provence.

Not bad at all. And today, the Brunch!

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

DaveDodo007 wrote:Well we have the robotic autistic cunt who hates free speech and wants to ban anything she doesn't like. Who is so retarded she almost against all odds handed to country over to some pinko commie retard. It would be nice if we conservatives could vote for a conservative party that you know fucking conserved something for once in their lives. It is so depressing that you win election after election but the lefty/liberal agenda marches on and on.
The Right wing ceased to exist long ago - nobody believes in traditionalism, the divine right of kings, and the unity of church and state any more.

Everyone's on the Left, it's just that those less Left than others, and a bit more conservative in relation to older forms of the Left get called "Right" for old time's sake.

The "Right" nowadays is classical liberal in a way that most of those who were formerly Left, like the Girondins, or the British classical liberals would have gotten on with perfectly well - i.e. it's a position that was once Left-wing.

And meanwhile the "cutting edge" of the Left is moving further and further towards a future in which we're all teleoperated by AI to produce the maximum number of paperclips possible.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

You can't fight in here! this is a War Room!

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

gurugeorge wrote:The Right wing ceased to exist long ago - nobody believes in traditionalism, the divine right of kings, and the unity of church and state any more.
Those positions, or the equivalent thereof (divine right of caliphs/political rights of imams/unity of religion and everything else) are actually rather widespread among many "muslim community leaders", and they're the real reason for the socio-cultural issues between "islam" and "the west".

That's why the Regressive embrace of islam is especially baffling. Political movements based on islam are reactionary, so the polar opposite of the social progressiveness of most Regressives. Defending the civil rights of reactionary people is one thing, since you defend the civil rights themselves, but an alliance or sympathies towards a reactionary movement are incompatible with our largely liberal-democratic modernity just as nazism. It's almost surreal to see progressives calling for "punching Nazis" and then being chummy with Hamas or Hezbollah or the Muslim Brotherhood.
Everyone's on the Left, it's just that those less Left than others, and a bit more conservative in relation to older forms of the Left get called "Right" for old time's sake.
I'd say that the terms have changed their use. Compared to the ancién regime reactionaries even Nazis are on the "left", but their social attitudes and social engineering plans put them squarely at odds with both the socialist left and the "classical liberal" "Old Left", and they have a lot of similarities with the ideas of reaction (the myth of a tradition, the manifest destiny of those who share that tradition, etc. etc.) that it's OK to call them "right-wing".

But even the "Nazism vs. Communism vs. Classical Liberalism" conflict of World War Two is largely over these days (Neo-Nazis and Neo-Marxists notwithstanding). Things have changed yet again. With the exceptions of loud fringes of fanatics Marxism and Nazism are dead in the water, and the main political conflict of these days is about different political matters, largely immigration, identity politics and global issues (global trade, global environmental issues, etc).

Even the SocJus is not truly "marxist": while they might cosplay as communists most SocJus fans focus on issues like identity quotas for CEOs in big corporations, or alleged identity discrimination in highly paid white collar jobs, and are actually pretty OK with neoliberal corporativism as long as it's ID-politics friendly. Marx himself would be appalled by the bourgeois values and capitalist business models of Brianna Wu or of Anita Sarkeesian, and he'd hate the attempts to influence the policies Big Corps like Twitter or Facebook to protect group identities rather than build shareware, community-operated, "socialistic" versions of social media. :lol:

Being a real marxist in the world of today is an anachronism. The world has largely accepted that centrally planed economy (the "dictatorship of the proletariat") doesn't work (even Communist China has turned to capitalism in economy). Even a saner socialdemocratic, not SocJus, left would have to accept corporate capitalism, and only focus on implementing some Keynesian, not Marxist, remedies to speculative bubbles and cronyism, like rules and controls to rampart speculations and anti-trust, anti-corporate cronyism laws, and on funding (again largely Keynesian) social programs rather than take over society. Everyone needs a largely free, capitalistic market, we all simply disagree on how it should be regulated (yes, even right-wing libertarians support some government intervention...)

Anyway the economic differences of today are between the neoliberal model (less and less rules and regulations, welfare cuts, global trade as a big plus, business-friendly state investments like bailouts and subsidies, corporate-friendly politics) the neo-mercantilist "populist" model (investments in local business, global trade as a threat, welfare freeze but creation of local jobs) and the social-democratic neo-Keynesian model (rules and regulations to reduce speculation and corporate cronyism, welfare reform, global trade as a reality to deal with, citizen-friendly state investments like debt reduction, especially student debt reduction).

All three of these models have been part of the economic DNA of the VERY liberal-democratic US during their history (the New Deal was a Keynesian model, and neo-mercantilism played a significant role in the Wilson presidency). They're not even remotely "communistic". Curiously enough the more economically-minded SocJus fans (a minority, since most SocJus fans have very vague economic ideas) adopt a strange hybrid version of all three models, only their neo-mercantilist tendencies privilege social subgroups rather than the nation as a whole.

Outside of economics the Culture Wars are again a three-way race between classical liberalism (liberal-democratic principles like freedom of speech, due process, presumption of innocence) the loopy, PoMo SocJus (where ideological purity and group rights are the primary concern, along with the idea of "deconstructing" classical liberalism as oppressive) and the New Reactionaries of the alt-right (where cultural/racial purity is the primary concern, along with the idea of "deconstructing" classical liberalism as self-referential and self-defeating "Whig history").

Today "left" and "right" have lost a lot of their original meaning. Someone like Trump, who is a fan of neo-mercantilism and has alt-right sympathies, is lumped on the "right" together with neoliberal enthusiasts who are by and large classical liberals in cultural terms. Meanwhile the "left" is made up by the loopy SocJus-Regressives, whose economic ideas are by and large a confused mess, and a more distinctly socialdemocratic left, which is culturally divided between those who are closer to classical liberalism and those who are more SocJus-friendly.

The problem is that in the Culture Wars classical liberals seem to lose ground. Their ideas aren't nearly as good for the clickbait business model, they're accused of siding with the "enemy" by both of the illiberal camps, their ideas require some reading and reflection in order to be understood and so they're not great at dealing with the meme-obsessed short attention span of the internet (while both the SocJus and the Alt-Right are great at crafting thought-terminating cliches and spreading them around, from "white privilege" to "white genocide"), they're largely lumped together with the alt-right by SocJus-friendly academia and newspapers and denigrated as "SJWs" or "cucks" by the alt-right.

In other words classical liberalism is not millennial-friendly. Millennials are by and large the Internet generation. They love to connect with others in groups that are about a precise idea, and to play power games within those groups. They love memes, irony, sarcasm, and a generally irreverent and provocative attitude ("edgy trolling") that gets them Internet attention (and so likes, shares, clicks, etc.). Philosophical principles and long-term political and social consequences are perceived to be the new "square", the "boring" and "mainstream" approach to politics. Provoking a reaction and getting attention are everything in the social media age, and those goals clash with reasonableness, mature debates, a common understanding and other important features of classical liberalism.

It's much more satisfying and a much better business model to be a provider of Hot Takes and "salt" from the Enemy than to reach out and trying to find a common understanding between different ideas. The Internet is a breeding ground for never-ending political conflict and bickering about everything and anything. Both the PoMo SocJus and the Alt-Right are very Internet-friendly. More nuanced positions and the defense of liberal-democratic principles aren't.

Cosplaying as a commie or a nazi in a street fight is the best way to be an Uber-Edgy troll, even if you don't really know what those ideologies are about. Hell, ESPECIALLY if you don't know it.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Basically real political differences based on a reasonable approach to reality are far smaller than the process of "triggering reactions" on the Internet would suggest. Nazism is dead, Communism is dead, we only have a bunch of cosplayers/trolls who haven't realized this yet.

If only there was a way for the society as a whole to stop feeding the trolls we could deal with issues like immigration, integration of immigrants, welfare, corporate cronyism, environmental problems in a more rational way.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Kirbmarc said:
It's almost surreal to see progressives calling for "punching Nazis" and then being chummy with Hamas or Hezbollah or the Muslim Brotherhood.
Yep! That's the crux of it. And a sure indication that those regressive morons are just that: useful morons. Maybe they think having a nice wall to lean on and a free cigarette is ace.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

For some reason (a Deadpool issue) , I ended up on the Wikipedia page for the Teletubbies.

I think this paragraph sums up current politics:
Although the programme is aimed at children between the ages of one and four, it had a substantial cult following with older generations, mainly university and college students.[51][87][88] The mixture of bright colours, unusual designs, repetitive non-verbal dialogue, ritualistic format, and occasional forays into physical comedy appealed to many who perceived the programme as having psychedelic qualities.[89]
Yep!

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Kirbmarc wrote:Basically real political differences based on a reasonable approach to reality are far smaller than the process of "triggering reactions" on the Internet would suggest. Nazism is dead, Communism is dead, we only have a bunch of cosplayers/trolls who haven't realized this yet.

If only there was a way for the society as a whole to stop feeding the trolls we could deal with issues like immigration, integration of immigrants, welfare, corporate cronyism, environmental problems in a more rational way.
Are you sure we can't just accuse our political enemies of being mentally ill evil perverts and call it a day? Sounds way simpler.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Mean age of the speakers is probably 28.5 years. Just sayin'.
Hey, that's my age! :lol:
You're also one mean motha.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Guest_936d3dec wrote:
Some subscription numbers:

Philip DeFranco yt: 5.6M twitter: 1M
Gigi Gorgeous: yt 2.7M (listed as most influential transgender on yt by some website)
Princess Joules: yt 446K (listed as 3rd most influential transgender on yt by some website)
Rubin Report: 518K twitter: 261K
Blaire White: 345K twitter: 144K
Janet Mock: yt: 4.1K twitter: 153K
Steve Shives: yt 55K
Zinnia Jones: 45K twitter: 17K (#2 2013 Most influential transgender youtube creators by some other website)
Riley Dennis: 41K twitter: 23K

Eh? Shrives and Rubin are trans? Did I miss that memo?
I only know Rubin when he has a more famous guest and even less about Shives.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:What's with everyone getting married in September?
Camping together in a small tent in July, ...

Guest_936d3dec

Post by Guest_936d3dec »

No, Rubin is gay but not trans. I used DeFranco and Rubin just to show other YouTubers for comparison.

Shives isn't trans either, I was just being a jerk.

Guest_936d3dec

Post by Guest_936d3dec »

Of course since Shives is "beta as fuck" he would say there is nothing wrong with being a mangina so it is no slur to call him a mangina.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Guest_936d3dec wrote:Of course since Shives is "beta as fuck" he would say there is nothing wrong with being a mangina so it is no slur to call him a mangina.
Shives is trying way too hard to be seen as a good White Knight. I bet that if Mrs. Shives would monitor his internet history she'd find some interesting stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a secret profile on AdultFriendFinder or tried to pick up online feminist from a dummy Youtube account.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Guest_936d3dec wrote:Of course since Shives is "beta as fuck" he would say there is nothing wrong with being a mangina so it is no slur to call him a mangina.
Shives is trying way too hard to be seen as a good White Knight. I bet that if Mrs. Shives would monitor his internet history she'd find some interesting stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a secret profile on AdultFriendFinder or tried to pick up online feminist from a dummy Youtube account.
Or underage Philippine poon.

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

Kirbmarc wrote: That's why the Regressive embrace of islam is especially baffling.
Thoughtful post as always Kirb, but this right here is the crack in your narrative that shows you're not paranoid enough ;)

To some of us, it's not baffling at all, but quite natural, because the actual positions regressives take are all just so much window dressing. The reality is that the PC cult is about status, power, social climbing via social shaming.

Ideas aren't held for their own sake, and sifted according to logic and evidence, but as initiatory symbols, keys used to pass levels. And the cared-for groups have never really meant anything, they're tokens that change over time - and just as the white working class is now despised, so eventually will blacks be despised, and women.

As David Horowitz quotes an unknown SDS student: "the issue is never the issue." The issue is power, and any form of mental gymnastics and cultural judo is fair game in that pursuit of power. Granted there's a certain idealism at the back of that - they do want power to do some kind of good as they see it. But for the leaders of these movements, they've long taken the hard-nosed Leninist-Alinskyite path of placing the pursuit of power above idealism.

Specifically with regard to the curious glitch re. Islam, it's simply that Islam represents no real threat to the regressives' pursuit of power, whereas the pillars of Western culture (in its entrenched classical liberal form) do. They don't like Islam, it's of no concern to them, it's almost invisible; they just hate America, hate the West, because its long-standing institutions are a barrier to their assumption of power, and therefore to their ability to build an Imagine-like utopia. They fully expect the West to beat Islamism militarily in the long run, they're just egging Islamism on so that it weakens the West a bit, so that their own machinations will have more impact.

Guest_936d3dec

Post by Guest_936d3dec »

It's quite lovely to see the pidgeon figure out how the puzzle. I would probably take longer than Dean Takahashi to get past this, but then I am not the lead writer for GamesBeat and almost never play video games.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Guest_936d3dec wrote:No, Rubin is gay but not trans. I used DeFranco and Rubin just to show other YouTubers for comparison.

Shives isn't trans either, I was just being a jerk.

You can't compare the social media audiences of De Franco or Rubin with Blair White. So she has a lot of subs, big deal, I'm one of them but it doesn't mean I hold her views in the same regard I do with Rubin or De Franco.
I follow many people on social media who I have little or no agreement with as I suspect many who contribute to this forum do. The fact that BW has YouTube subscribers or Twitter followers in high numbers still doesn't disprove my point that she's only slightly less daft (and annoying) than the rest of the YouTube trannies.

Many here may disagree but I'm afraid I'm firmly in the camp of 'Transgenderism' is a mental illness.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

I honestly think my grandmother who has never touched a videogame would get it quicker than that.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

That vid that was posted here of him and his wife was hilarious, It consisted of her side-eyeing and sneering at him for his "unconscious sexism" or summat? It was pretty desperate, you just know that she's pegging him :mrgreen:

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

https://imgur.com/PqP604O.jpg

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Come on Ape, you're gonna have to start telling us when something is a shoop or not because it's getting too hard to tell.