In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Old subthreads
Kirbmarc

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Post by Kirbmarc »

John D wrote:Life is weird. I am more upset by Tom Petty dying than one hundred people being murdered in Vegas. I don't think I understand myself very well.
It's not so weird actually. We tend to care more about people we have an emotional connection with. Also a large number of unnamed deaths are much harder to understand on an emotional level than a single death. It's human nature. "One death is a tragedy, a million deaths are statistics".

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

gurugeorge wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:ISIS has claimed responsibility for things that had nothing to do with them in the past
I've noticed people saying this a fair bit on social media, and ofc it's right to be cautious, but it's a bit of a myth that ISIS make a habit of claiming things that they're not responsible for.

And actually, there's no reason why he couldn't be an Antifa/BLM supporter AND a recently-radicalized convert to Islam.

(Or he could just be an old, pissed-off geezer who wanted to go out in a blaze of villainous glory and commit suicide by cop. Who the fuck knows at this point.)
Apropos of: https://twitter.com/PoliticalShort/stat ... 8490098689
https://twitter.com/clairlemon/status/9 ... 8016679938

And, somewhat apropos of the last tweet [ ;-) ]:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DJbsK2OVYAA2Uav.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DJbsK2OVYAA2Uav.jpg

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

ffs wrote:so what I am hearing is that steersman is a huge pervert
I prefer "prevert" ... ;-) Particularly as it may have some additional relevance ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud9zBKJJQe4

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

jet lagg wrote:
His father was a diagnosed psychopath and violent criminal who made the FBI's top ten most wanted at one point in time. You want a better story for America's worst mass shooting, but the truth might be that he did it because his genetic makeup left him with all the empathy of a rattlesnake and he was bored.
Alex Jones claims his inside the FBI source told him the room was full of antifa literature and internet genius and expert on psychopharmacology Paul Joseph Watson speculates he was hopped up on anti-depressants.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

John D wrote:
gurugeorge wrote:
John D wrote:Regarding the main gun.... the initial deployment of the Sherman was using a high explosive round which was really effective against infantry, light vehicles, buildings, bunkers, etc. The number of tank on tank fights was a rather small part of the Sherman's role (which it did poorly).
Didn't we have this Sherman conversation like, 6 months ago or something?
and 6 moths before that, and six months before that, and six months before that... haha
I believe we decided it came down to the round for vehicles upto but not including the Tiger:

M72-APT
Plain uncapped AP round whose performance dropped off as range increased

M61 and then M61A1 APC. 1942
Armour Piercing Capped with Tracer filled with a small quantity of High Explosive. The aerodynamic ballistic cap acted as a windscreen and improved ballistic performance, maintained velocity, and retained penetration at longer ranges . Lethal for Panzer III and IV (up to Aust F2 - not G)

Basically the Tiger could blitz it from ridiculous ranges while the Sherman had to get to a more normative distance.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

free thoughtpolice wrote:jet lagg wrote:
His father was a diagnosed psychopath and violent criminal who made the FBI's top ten most wanted at one point in time. You want a better story for America's worst mass shooting, but the truth might be that he did it because his genetic makeup left him with all the empathy of a rattlesnake and he was bored.
Alex Jones claims his inside the FBI source told him the room was full of antifa literature and internet genius and expert on psychopharmacology Paul Joseph Watson speculates he was hopped up on anti-depressants.
I just started down the rabbit hole after one of the tweets in response to what Steersman posted linked video from a Never Trump rally in Reno in which Paddock and Danely allegedly appear. The footage isn't very high resolution, but it's plausible from the screenshots I've looked at. He's wearing a pink NASA shirt, which the tireless internet autists have pointed out has contracts with Lockheed Martin, whose predecessor employed Paddock decades ago. Airtight, yeah? I can't find original tweets or connections between any of the third parties that are entering into the conspiracy, so it's really just a matter of whether you take Infowars and their like at their word. And why wouldn't you? :cdc:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

PZ was quick off the mark with his post on the white mans massacre. Do American lives count more than West European? Is it the glorious chance to play the race card ? Either way the man is a fuckwit.

free thoughtpolice

jet_lagg wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:jet lagg wrote:
I just started down the rabbit hole after one of the tweets in response to what Steersman posted linked video from a Never Trump rally in Reno in which Paddock and Danely allegedly appear. The footage isn't very high resolution, but it's plausible from the screenshots I've looked at. He's wearing a pink NASA shirt, which the tireless internet autists have pointed out has contracts with Lockheed Martin, whose predecessor employed Paddock decades ago. Airtight, yeah? I can't find original tweets or connections between any of the third parties that are entering into the conspiracy, so it's really just a matter of whether you take Infowars and their like at their word. And why wouldn't you? :cdc:
Apparently, the early theories were that Geary Danley, the ex-husband of Paddock's girlfriend was the shooter and this originated from the 4 chan/8 chan crowd that got his name from the girlfriend's facebook. Once it was discovered he was a fan of Rachel Maddox the Alex Jones crowd were off and running with the connection. Presumably when it was discovered that Geary Danley wasn't in Nevada at the time I guess they needed to connect him with Paddock via that video.

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

"False flag" is of course bubbling around on the internet's conspiracy fringes. Here's an article from the Daily Express that's doing the rounds there (video embedded).

Of course there's probably some random joker at every large event these days pranking people that they're all going to die ...

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Not one of the horde.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Apparently that guy's name is Comeat Mebro.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Apparently Paddock had 19 rifles in the hotel room ... nineteen!

19 rifles had to be taken through the lobby and up to the 32nd floor and no one thought there was anything untoward, no one thought it a bit odd that checking into a hotel in the gambling capital of the world warrants NINETEEN FUCKING RIFLES???

I know America is the land of the free and all but honestly .. :doh:

free thoughtpolice

shoutinghorse wrote:Apparently Paddock had 19 rifles in the hotel room ... nineteen!

19 rifles had to be taken through the lobby and up to the 32nd floor and no one thought there was anything untoward, no one thought it a bit odd that checking into a hotel in the gambling capital of the world warrants NINETEEN FUCKING RIFLES???

I know America is the land of the free and all but honestly .. :doh:
They don't have metal detectors or search luggage going into hotels.
A lot of rifles can break down and fit into shorter packages.
There are often gun shows in Vegas so even if he was spotted with multiple rifles it may not have been suspicious.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Has Peez ever written Sirhan Sirhan to inform him that he's white?

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

I saw a 2 second quick-cut of Tom Petty in a documentary the other day. He was complaining about Page and Plant's post-Zeppelin collaboration:

"I don't want to see Led Zeppelin unplugged... plug their asses in!"

Exactly. :lol:

So long, Tom.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Fair point FTP. As a Brit I just find it staggering that you yanks are so matter of fact when it comes to guns and the 2nd amendment but then so horrified when these things happen, and let's face it all too often.

free thoughtpolice

Ape+lust wrote:Has Peez ever written Sirhan Sirhan to inform him that he's white?
He did give Marc Lepine (born Ghamil Gharbi) honorary white cis het bro status.
I guess that his father coming from an islamic culture ( Algeria) and being an abusive misogynist was also immaterial.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

So true...

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Yeah, Guns sure can be dangerous.

free thoughtpolice

shoutinghorse wrote:Fair point FTP. As a Brit I just find it staggering that you yanks are so matter of fact when it comes to guns and the 2nd amendment but then so horrified when these things happen, and let's face it all too often.
:P Actually I'm Canadian. There are lots of guns around my hood, there being hunters and all that, but the laws and the culture is quite different. For one thing, you can't legally own bump kits that can convert semi-automatics into fully automatic (likely what Paddock had) and you can't own high capacity magazines. If I recall there is a 6 or 7 shot limit here.
Not to mention restrictions on carry and other stuff.

free thoughtpolice

Bump kit:

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:My GF was in Reno the other night with friends at a country music concert by one of the performers in Vegas.
Ah, shades of 9/11. My mother was supposed to fly from Las Vegas to Tampa via NYC on that day. Of course, cell phone service being saturated, I couldn't get any news from her for about 4 hours.

Being worried shitless is not even close to defining my mood at the time.
IIRC, you & Ali missed the truck of peace concert only by chance?

Pseudomonas

Post by Pseudomonas »

Guest_09522ed6 wrote:
Not that I feel the need to own a firearm (plus I live in Oz), or necessarily agree with this, but:

http://monsterhunternation.com/2017/09/ ... ction-act/

Pseudomonas

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Bump kit:

There's only one thing I'd like to bump and it ain't the gun. ;)

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Steersman wrote: https://twitter.com/clairlemon/status/9 ... 8016679938
Callous unemotional traits (i.e. psychopathic traits) are highly heritable
But intelligence is not heritable, according to all SJWs and nearly all academic psychologists. I wonder if they think lovey-dovey empathic warm cuddly stuff is heritable. I'd bet they do.

Guest_09522ed6

Post by Guest_09522ed6 »

I know shit about guns but I've seen the video where they shoot at a sustained rate through a silencer and eventually the thing literally burns up and falls off.

Even the Washington Post called foul.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

shoutinghorse wrote:

I done a Lebanese unload.

In my pants.

:(

free thoughtpolice

I know shit about guns but I've seen the video where they shoot at a sustained rate through a silencer and eventually the thing literally burns up and falls off.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Now that I've had a chance to watch Myers' youtube attempts I can say I prefer his spittle-flecked bluster to this attempt at faux-centrism. I assume even he is bright enough to have spotted that all the popular voices these days are talking about the importance of seeing both sides, but he's still not intellectually gifted enough to take on even a weak version of his opponent's arguments. Well, that or a he's a lazy hack who wants whatever diminishing returns he can get from attacking the flimsiest of strawmen. "I just think maybe we shouldn't feel entitled to rape people, guys." Fuck right on off you disingenuous prick. As if the most low IQ, morally bankrupt person you could find in the entire community believed in that.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Tom Petty claimed to be dead, then alive, then dead, then alive....

He just won't back down.

:rimshot:

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Tigzy wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote: Lots of theories going round on social media, with both the far left and far right praying the gunman is either a Muslim convert, or a Trump-Republican-MRA-White Supremacist. Both these groups jump on these mass shootings to push their own fucking agenda and apologism.
What's also irksome are those dumb toads who think they're making some sort of point by saying things like, 'Hey, they're not calling him a terrorist! Is it cuz he's white??? #racism #whitesupremacy #etcetcetc'

Seems to escape them that terrorism demands a religious and/or political motivation, neither of which have been established at this stage.
Yeah exactly. There is nothing wrong with calling Dylann Roof a terrorist because he was politically motivated and trying to start a race war, but Jeffrey Dahmer was not a terrorist. If Stephen Paddock turns out to be some kind of sick fucking sadist like Dahmer or a whacked out nut like James Holmes with inscrutable motives then he isn't a terrorist. He would be a pervert or a whackjob respectively in that case. Its fucking astounding how stupid being obsessed with identity politics makes some people. It's like they lose any and all insight into human motivation and attribute everything to their stupid list of races and genders.

A related pet-peeve I have is when people talk about "white male terrorism" as a counterpoint to "islamic terrorism". Apparently my dick and lack of melanin are now some sort of religion or ideology or something. White supremacist terrorism is a thing. Left wing terrorism is a thing. Ecoterrorism is a thing. White people terrorism is an incoherent concept birthed by people too stupid to be trusted with political opinions.

free thoughtpolice

I shouldn't enable you sex crazed objectifiers but,

free thoughtpolice

CommanderTuvok wrote:Tom Petty claimed to be dead, then alive, then dead, then alive....

He just won't back down.

:rimshot:
I think The Heartbreakers are trying to kill him. :bjarte:

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

OK, I'm going to get into a purely technical military question here. For reasons that seemed good at the time, most national militaries adopted smaller calibre, lower power cartridges in the light of studies that showed that most soldiers never fired their weapons, and of those that did, they deliberately did not point them at enemy combatants. The few that actually shot to kill did so effectively, but at short ranges. Therefore, no need for the 30-06, 303, or 7.92x57. Let's spray some 223/5.56 (or 7.62x39) at short range, and soldiers can carry a lot more rounds if they are small and light.

Like you, I have seen the videos from Las Vegas. That idiot used as many (?30 round) clips as he could before his room was breached and he was put down. I'm as thankful as anyone can be that he killed far fewer people than the number of rounds he fired. I have zero interest in making the USA better able to bring democracy to any other country, but I still hope that somebody somewhere is thinking to himself that ~300 rounds fired into a densely packed crowd ought to result in more fatalities if a cartridge of military effectiveness is used. I mean, soldiers are our last resort for anything, but if they have to be used they ought to be effective and well-equipped. Spraying 300+ rounds into a packed crowd ought to produce more casualties if those rounds are the ones our soldiers use. I'll say it again, before the SJWs quote mine this - I'm glad there were fewer casualties than there could have been, and sorry that it happened at all.

I suspect that we are - or ought to be - on the cusp of a new paradigm. Mass conscription is thankfully a thing of the past. Poorly or hastily trained troops who can only be counted upon to provide, wait for it, suppressive fire, are not the guys we ought to be paying the Queen's shilling. Maybe it is time to give our professional armies a better cartridge?

Finally, much as I love firearms, there really is no excuse for any so-called civilised country to not have background checks, waiting periods or to sell full auto firearms to anyone without some forethought. There's enough fun to be had without such craziness.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

jet_lagg wrote:Now that I've had a chance to watch Myers' youtube attempts I can say I prefer his spittle-flecked bluster to this attempt at faux-centrism. I assume even he is bright enough to have spotted that all the popular voices these days are talking about the importance of seeing both sides, but he's still not intellectually gifted enough to take on even a weak version of his opponent's arguments. Well, that or a he's a lazy hack who wants whatever diminishing returns he can get from attacking the flimsiest of strawmen. "I just think maybe we shouldn't feel entitled to rape people, guys." Fuck right on off you disingenuous prick. As if the most low IQ, morally bankrupt person you could find in the entire community believed in that.
My personal take is that he doesn't feel safe articulating a weakened version of his opponent's arguments because he's too worried about being flayed alive by his claque of harpies if his telling of them sounds anything like reasonable. He's probably thinking that its safer to try for a moderate tone while maintaining that the other half of atheism are a bunch of jacked up rape demons with cod pieces and viking helmets, who are only interested in sending online harassment and sacking Skepticon.

free thoughtpolice

I shouldn't be doing this.

free thoughtpolice

I shouldn't be doing this.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Guest_09522ed6 wrote:I know shit about guns but I've seen the video where they shoot at a sustained rate through a silencer and eventually the thing literally burns up and falls off.
That video gives a false impression of the tech in question.

Fully automatic weapons have a recommended rate of fire (usually described in "bursts of X-Y rounds" or "X - Y seconds fire") although it can be modified (up and down) depending upon the "balanced" rate of fire. Most modern machine guns can be adjusted (balanced) through the manipulation of the gas-flow through the weapon and this will have a direct effect upon the rate (speed) of fire.

The reason for all of this?

Heat management and reduction of wear/damage to the barrel/working parts of the weapon. For example, my favourite toy (the 7.62mm GPMG) has a general rate of fire of 750 rounds per minute. Sounds great, right? Well, not really - the supporting literature for the weapon system clearly states that the barrel must be changed/rotated every 300 rounds fired. This is to prevent the thing from melting due to the heat generated.

(Note: A skilled GPMG team is a thing to behold - they switch barrels so fast, you blink and you miss it!)

So yes, the video in question is presenting a skewed version of how the tech works. They "ripped the arse out of" the MG in question (Full belt, no pauses, totally unrealistic/unprofessional) so it's obvious the suppressor would melt.

If they used the weapon sensibly, short/controlled bursts, switch out the barrel after [insert number here] rounds, they could have fired the weapon for ages without destroying the suppressor. However, this will come at a trade-off of fire rate.

Here's an analogous system being tested with a prototype suppressor...

Notice how they use short/controlled bursts and pause to allow the barrel to breathe?

Nerdy detail - Just beneath the barrel, as the weapon is fired, you'll notice what looks like fire/sparks escaping from a protrusion just above the bipod. That's the "gas block" - this is used to adjust the flow of escaping gas within the barrel/gas system. This allows the user to "balance" the weapon (adjust the rate of fire up/down) - no two weapons are identical and each needs to be properly balanced before use.

free thoughtpolice

screwtape wrote:
Like you, I have seen the videos from Las Vegas. That idiot used as many (?30 round) clips as he could before his room was breached and he was put down.
Could have had drum magazines too, legal in(at least parts) of the US.
He had more than 10 rifles apparently so with say 20 100 round drums it seems pretty easy to fire 2000 rounds in the 72 minutes it took for them to stop him.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

screwtape wrote: That idiot used as many (?30 round) clips as he could before his room was breached and he was put down. I'm as thankful as anyone can be that he killed far fewer people than the number of rounds he fired. I have zero interest in making the USA better able to bring democracy to any other country, but I still hope that somebody somewhere is thinking to himself that ~300 rounds fired into a densely packed crowd ought to result in more fatalities if a cartridge of military effectiveness is used. I mean, soldiers are our last resort for anything, but if they have to be used they ought to be effective and well-equipped. Spraying 300+ rounds into a packed crowd ought to produce more casualties if those rounds are the ones our soldiers use. I'll say it again, before the SJWs quote mine this - I'm glad there were fewer casualties than there could have been, and sorry that it happened at all.
Current casualty count is 59 dead and 500+ wounded. There could of course be many injuries that were not gunshots. Where did you get the 300 round figure from?

free thoughtpolice

Bhurzum: In the "suppressor meltdown" video I posted it would seem the barrel in the video is probably fucked. Yes?

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

screwtape wrote:OK, I'm going to get into a purely technical military question here. For reasons that seemed good at the time, most national militaries adopted smaller calibre, lower power cartridges in the light of studies that showed that most soldiers never fired their weapons, and of those that did, they deliberately did not point them at enemy combatants. The few that actually shot to kill did so effectively, but at short ranges. Therefore, no need for the 30-06, 303, or 7.92x57. Let's spray some 223/5.56 (or 7.62x39) at short range, and soldiers can carry a lot more rounds if they are small and light.

Like you, I have seen the videos from Las Vegas. That idiot used as many (?30 round) clips as he could before his room was breached and he was put down. I'm as thankful as anyone can be that he killed far fewer people than the number of rounds he fired. I have zero interest in making the USA better able to bring democracy to any other country, but I still hope that somebody somewhere is thinking to himself that ~300 rounds fired into a densely packed crowd ought to result in more fatalities if a cartridge of military effectiveness is used. I mean, soldiers are our last resort for anything, but if they have to be used they ought to be effective and well-equipped. Spraying 300+ rounds into a packed crowd ought to produce more casualties if those rounds are the ones our soldiers use. I'll say it again, before the SJWs quote mine this - I'm glad there were fewer casualties than there could have been, and sorry that it happened at all.

I suspect that we are - or ought to be - on the cusp of a new paradigm. Mass conscription is thankfully a thing of the past. Poorly or hastily trained troops who can only be counted upon to provide, wait for it, suppressive fire, are not the guys we ought to be paying the Queen's shilling. Maybe it is time to give our professional armies a better cartridge?

Finally, much as I love firearms, there really is no excuse for any so-called civilised country to not have background checks, waiting periods or to sell full auto firearms to anyone without some forethought. There's enough fun to be had without such craziness.
To me 50 fatalities actually seems pretty high (with the noted caveat that I also don't really know what I'm talking about). There were 100+ injuries also. Take a look at the picture of a crowd. On a purely probabilistic level, what percent of the area constitutes kill areas and which injury areas, and which purely miss areas? I'm pretty sure this guy wasn't doing anything like "aiming". Of course, it will all vary with the elevation of the shooter, distance, how many rounds were even in the target area, etc. I'm sure they'll be finding bullet holes all over Vegas for years.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Bhurzum: In the "suppressor meltdown" video I posted it would seem the barrel in the video is probably fucked. Yes?
I'm unfamiliar with the system in question but would bet on the barrel being U/S after that.

Could be wrong.

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

free thoughtpolice wrote:screwtape wrote:
Like you, I have seen the videos from Las Vegas. That idiot used as many (?30 round) clips as he could before his room was breached and he was put down.
He had more than 10 rifles apparently so with say 20 100 round drums it seems pretty easy to fire 2000 rounds in the 72 minutes it took for them to stop him.
Where did you get this time from? I heard earlier on ABC that it was considerably less. Most of the reports spoke of minutes, not over an hour.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Bhurzum: In the "suppressor meltdown" video I posted it would seem the barrel in the video is probably fucked. Yes?
Additional - after a cursory search...

Spare Barrel
What determined the spare barrel requirement for the M249? If you do some research you will discover that the initial issue M249s were fielded with a single barrel. So why did the Marine Corps add a spare barrel? The original SAW barrels were configured with a gas regulator with two gas port selection ability. In theory, when carbon buildup in the gas port slowed the cycle of functioning, the gunner could rotate the gas regulator to a higher setting and retain proper operation. Normal setting is 700 rpm (rounds per minute); adverse is 1,000 rpm. Unfortunately, Marines were not trained correctly, and as a result many fired using the adverse gas setting resulting in the destruction of many barrels. Instead of seeing this as an operator training issue, we viewed it as a requirement for an additional barrel.

Rates of Fire
Understanding the rates of fire for the SAW will confirm that a spare barrel is unnecessary when the SAW is used as an AR. The sustained rate of fire is 85 rpm with no barrel change. Rapid fire is 200 rpm with a barrel change after 2 minutes. Show me the Marine who can move while shooting greater than 85 rpm using 3- to 5round bursts, and I'll show you a Marine who is not engaging targets properly and wasting valuable ammunition. The bottom line-the Marine Corps added a second barrel to the table of equipment that is not warranted.

https://www.mca-marines.org/gazette/m24 ... rifle-role

Make of this what you will.

free thoughtpolice

DW Adams wrote:
Where did you get this time from? I heard earlier on ABC that it was considerably less. Most of the reports spoke of minutes, not over an hour.
Not where I heard it first, but from the source of all lies:

A man fired a weapon from an upper floor of the Mandalay Bay hotel into the Las Vegas Village

The concert area, bottom right, lies opposite the Luxor Hotel pyramid. The Mandalay Bay, the gold building, is partially visible on the left.
During Aldean's performance, at approximately 10:08 p.m. local time on October 1, 2017,[4][5] a man began firing a weapon[6] from an upper floor of the Mandalay Bay hotel into the crowd attending the festival,[4][7][5] 360 yards (330 meters) from the hotel,[8] across South Las Vegas Boulevard. Many people in the crowd initially mistook the gunfire for fireworks.[1] Based upon sound recordings of long bursts of gunfire during this incident, analysts suspected that a fully automatic rifle was used.[9] Twenty firearms were found in Paddock's hotel room; some were fully-automatic weapons.[1][10] Among the weapons found were AR-15-style and AK-47-style rifles[10] and a large amount of ammunition.[10][11]

At 11:58 p.m. local time, the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department stated that one suspect was "down".[12] The perpetrator was found dead in a 32nd floor Mandalay Bay hotel room, having shot himself just before the police entered.[7][13][14][15]

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Twist-ending: He did it because he was going to lose his health care. (Not really, but that is the one conspiracy theory I have not seen floated around yet).

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

John D

Post by John D »

God damned fucking CBS. Just like I asked earlier.... taken off life support is not the same as dead.

free thoughtpolice

DW Adams wrote:
Totally speculative . "Could have had drum magazines"
He had more than 10 rifles. Commonly reported.
Speculating again "so with say 20 100 drum magazines"
I have no idea how many shots were fired.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

jet_lagg wrote:Now that I've had a chance to watch Myers' youtube attempts I can say I prefer his spittle-flecked bluster to this attempt at faux-centrism. I assume even he is bright enough to have spotted that all the popular voices these days are talking about the importance of seeing both sides, but he's still not intellectually gifted enough to take on even a weak version of his opponent's arguments. Well, that or a he's a lazy hack who wants whatever diminishing returns he can get from attacking the flimsiest of strawmen. "I just think maybe we shouldn't feel entitled to rape people, guys." Fuck right on off you disingenuous prick. As if the most low IQ, morally bankrupt person you could find in the entire community believed in that.
From how often he slurs and corrects mispronunciations, I think he's fortified himself with drink. And STILL, even without an opponent in sight, he can't muster anything close to his pugnacious writing persona. Microaggression is the only kind of aggression he can do.

Peez will never get past being a hairless little ballsack :lol:

https://imgur.com/gTXuZpR.jpg

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Ape+lust wrote: Peez will never get past being a hairless little ballsack :lol:

https://imgur.com/gTXuZpR.jpg
Been done before:
body_snatchers_dog.jpg
(212.6 KiB) Downloaded 149 times

Guest_09522ed6

Post by Guest_09522ed6 »

That video gives a false impression of the tech in question. ...
Ah! Thanks. I stand corrected and informed.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

:lol: :clap:

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

shoutinghorse wrote:
[.youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7DTjSla-O8[/youtube]
https://twitter.com/ggooooddddoogg/stat ... 3596340224 ;-)

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

John D wrote:
God damned fucking CBS. Just like I asked earlier.... taken off life support is not the same as dead.
Looks like CBS is doing something right:
https://twitter.com/PoliticalShort/stat ... 7270667264

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

screwtape wrote:
Callous unemotional traits (i.e. psychopathic traits) are highly heritable
But intelligence is not heritable, according to all SJWs and nearly all academic psychologists. I wonder if they think lovey-dovey empathic warm cuddly stuff is heritable. I'd bet they do.
Probably the case; certainly looks to be a lot of motivated reasoning about, particularly on the Left, although I think it's a potential trap that we're all susceptible to, to a greater or lesser extent.

But certainly a fascinating topic, the extent to which intelligence - or any other attribute, for that matter - is inheritable. However, I think that while some basic "hardware" is inheritable, it seems that "intelligence" is more or less equal parts hardware and software, the latter consisting of substantial amounts of social or personal "programming". The fastest computer on the planet programmed with contradictory premises is probably worth much less than a slower one that isn't: GIGO and all that.

As Einstein is reported to have said, "Genius is 1 percent inspiration, and 99 percent perspiration". Although, according to Matt, Richard Carrier is rumoured to have said "Genius is 1 percent inspiration, and 99 percent self-infatuation." ... ;-)

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

John D wrote:

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

Tom Petty's family is reporting that he has died...for real this time.