In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Old subthreads
Kirbmarc

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Post by Kirbmarc »

And of course there are languages with a large number of borrowings and loans, which are a different phenomenon again, since the structures stay the same and only the vocabulary changes.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Guest_09522ed6 wrote:
This is legit.... but completely useless and amounts to little more than virtue signalling.
I don't think it's completely useless and I think it is far more than virtue signalling.

On the assumption the tickets cost money,

+ the beer company was demanding people spend a few bucks to buy tickets
+ the beer company will have to spend money to redeem those tickets for beer

The end result could be:

+ visuals of empty halls instead of halls packed with Spencer supporters

It's a good way for Floridians to put their money where their mouth is, get up off their butt, and yes, send a signal of non-violent protest.

Downside is it does fund Spencer, but it does starve him of visuals of a packed hall of supporters.

however, it might be contrasted to the condemnation of the regressive left students who recently packed a Charles Murray (I think) hall and then left after making their protest. They were condemned as being disruptive and taking seats from people who wanted to listen. One possible difference(?) is if the Charles Murray had paid ticket entry, but I doubt it highly as I can't see the student protesters as buying tickets.

Anyway, I thought it was an effective step both PR wise for the beer company and for protesting Spencer's speech and beliefs.
Whoever is streaming this live has done Spence a real favour, you know that there is a mob in the audience screeching and howling, but you only get sound from his microphone. He is just talking over them.... I haven't watched it all but it seems he spent a long while mocking them, then gave his talk in full, and is now taking Q&A which has led to the ridiculous situation of protesters who have asked questions asking the protesters who are chanting to be quiet so that they can hear the answers.

I don't see anything in this that would say Spencer took a loss. It would have been much better if everybody had just ignored this event, just as thousands of other events by the KKK and Neo-Nazis have been ignored over the last few decades.

Guest_09522ed6

Post by Guest_09522ed6 »

Whoever is streaming this live has done Spence a real favour, you know that there is a mob in the audience screeching and howling, but you only get sound from his microphone. He is just talking over them.... I haven't watched it all but it seems he spent a long while mocking them, then gave his talk in full, and is now taking Q&A which has led to the ridiculous situation of protesters who have asked questions asking the protesters who are chanting to be quiet so that they can hear the answers.

I don't see anything in this that would say Spencer took a loss. It would have been much better if everybody had just ignored this event, just as thousands of other events by the KKK and Neo-Nazis have been ignored over the last few decades.
Well, I did say the "end result could be"

In other happenings in tech journalism, Robert Scoble has been accused of sexual assault by tech journalist Quinn Norton.

medium com/@quinnnorton/robert-scoble-and-me-9b14ee92fffb

Starts off with a tale that could just be busy bodies interrupting a consenting make out session then gets sexual assaulty.
At one point when they were separated the man in question was standing beside me at the camp fire. The person on the other side of me nervously decided to introduce us. It went roughly: “Robert, this is Quinn Norton. Quinn, this is Robert Scoble, he’s dangerous.” Scoble laughed and quickly said he wasn’t dangerous. I looked at him, keeping a blank expression, and said “I am.” I had learned this attitude after many years working in tech, that knowing how to deliver pain and putting everyone on notice that you would, was a way to avoid harassment. I knew this was fucked up, but it had been my normal for years.

And then, without any more warning, Scoble was on me. I felt one hand on my breast and his arm reaching around and grabbing my butt.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

VickyCaramel wrote:It would have been much better if everybody had just ignored this event, just as thousands of other events by the KKK and Neo-Nazis have been ignored over the last few decades.
Agreed. The media was so desperate to dig up white supermists & nazis after Trumps win, they dug up Spencer. That burst of publicity attracted a sufficient number of haters who are not smart enough to ignore them.

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

Guest_09522ed6 wrote:
This is legit.... but completely useless and amounts to little more than virtue signalling.
I don't think it's completely useless and I think it is far more than virtue signalling.

On the assumption the tickets cost money,

+ the beer company was demanding people spend a few bucks to buy tickets
+ the beer company will have to spend money to redeem those tickets for beer
Bad assumption - according to the post, the tickets are free. So this amounts to bribing people with beer to get them to sabotage someone's event.

Can't say I'm impressed.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

InfraRedBucket wrote:As a slight distraction, this doing the rounds lately. Fact is , chimpanzees can also be vicious and kill their own kind , as humans can.
But call me a softie.....

[twee]http://twitter.com/itsboyschapter/statu ... 9607641089[/twee]
Bastard. You got me sniveling like a big Jessie!

In a similar but not quite so soul-crushingly sad vein...

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

When two people are native speakers of two different language, but both are fluent in each others, they inevitably speak in a melange of the two. (cf. Franglais; Spanglish.)

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Kirbmarc wrote:Pidgins create creoles, and intensive and repeated code-switching creates mixed languages.
IIRC, deaf kids in Nicaragua who were raised isolated from each other but who could communicate with their parents through their own sign idiolects created a pidgin when they were integrated with each other. Within a few years they had a creole with a regular vocabulary and grammar.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:When two people are native speakers of two different language, but both are fluent in each others, they inevitably speak in a melange of the two. (cf. Franglais; Spanglish.)
That's code-switching. If that melange becomes the native language of later generation, it's called a mix language.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

deLurch wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:It would have been much better if everybody had just ignored this event, just as thousands of other events by the KKK and Neo-Nazis have been ignored over the last few decades.
Agreed. The media was so desperate to dig up white supermists & nazis after Trumps win, they dug up Spencer. That burst of publicity attracted a sufficient number of haters who are not smart enough to ignore them.
And then come out with the notion that there is some kind of mass uptick in the movements when it is mostly the media paying more attention to them.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:When two people are native speakers of two different language, but both are fluent in each others, they inevitably speak in a melange of the two. (cf. Franglais; Spanglish.)
That's code-switching. If that melange becomes the native language of later generation, it's called a mix language.
Okay smart arse, explain geordie.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

MarcusAu wrote:That comment seemed to crash the site for a bit...I was getting the default Apache page for 20 mins.
No, ISP upgrading the server. Forgot to post the news.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Ape+lust wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:...This is also important, and this is what I'm afraid of. Trump and Berlusconi offer far too many chances for distraction with their countless gaffes and superficial shortcomings, and the Democratic Party seems to be making the same mistakes of the Italian left: focusing on the outrage and on demonization instead of focusing on Trump and Berlusconi's real and major shortcomings in economical, social and political terms.
I don't know what this means, but I couldn't imagine this headline a few months ago.

https://imgur.com/bvoRCOb.png

https://pagesix.com/2017/10/14/george-l ... p-at-gala/

Then again, he was telling some pretty shitty jokes. And acting like an asshole after the boos, telling the audience, "I apologize for your white privilege." :doh:
"I apologize for your white privilege"? Seriously?

I think you might have located your reason there.

It might also mean that trump jokes have been so overdone that there isn't any more material about him that is still funny. That's just speculation though, and I think Colbert is still doing fine, so maybe it's wrong.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

VickyCaramel wrote:Okay smart arse, explain geordie.
"Geordies are living proof that vikings fucked pigs" - Old Army saying.

I'm guessing "Geordie" is a hybrid of an old Nordic language, gutteral English swearing and pig-rape noises.

Example:

"How, man, y'fuggin' bastaad! Divvun taak shite, like!"

See? It makes perfect sense... :D

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Read Richard Thaler's book on economic behaviourism a few weeks back. He recalled hanging out with Daniel Kahneman and a few other Israelis and the conversation would slip between English and Hebrew, often without the participants being conscious of it because they were fluent in both. Generally complete sentences though, not sentences composed of words from both languages, like Italian American gangsters in the movies.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Sulman wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:Michael Moore is being investigated for sexual assault on 4 young girls. :popcorn:

http://www.conservativecolumns.com/?p=12020
See, there's no real source on this.

This is what I thought would happen as a result of the Weinstein hysteria. There's going to be a firestorm of accusations now, and Twitter will fan the flames.
Probably, though where there's smoke and all that. And more than a few hoisted petards:
https://twitter.com/KTHopkins/status/921038711478988801

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Snapfingers wrote:
KRS-One focused in especially on the etymology of the word ‘nigga’. He argued that this differed from ‘nigger’, which hip-hop artists don’t use, claiming it comes from the word ‘neggus’ which means king.
Wondering if Steersman has any input on this?
:-)

Looks like a bit of "retconning" at best:
neggus

Definitions: Sorry, no definitions found. Check out and contribute to the discussion of this word!

Etymologies: Sorry, no etymologies found.
Certainly nothing at all like Croom's linguistics paper on "The semantics of slurs: A refutation of coreferentialism", or even the Pit's discussion on my infamous "nigger-cunt hypothesis" ... ;-)

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

VickyCaramel wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Okay smart arse, explain geordie.

[.youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSHHbfY6MVc[/youtube]
We have to go back to the Anglo-Saxon settlement in England. In the area along the valley of the river Tyne there was a larger presence of Angles from Southern Denmark (instead of Saxons from Northern Germany and Frisia, who settled in Southern England). The relative isolation of area meant that in the Tyne are people spoke a very conservative variant of Old English. This variety of Old English wasn't as exposed to the influence of Norman-French as the other varieties spoken in other parts of England. George has a much higher percentage of words of Angle origin than other varieties of English.

So it's likely that the Angle mercenaries and raiders who settled in England spoke a language closer to Geordie than to, say, Received Pronunciation.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Shatterface wrote:Read Richard Thaler's book on economic behaviourism a few weeks back. He recalled hanging out with Daniel Kahneman and a few other Israelis and the conversation would slip between English and Hebrew, often without the participants being conscious of it because they were fluent in both. Generally complete sentences though, not sentences composed of words from both languages, like Italian American gangsters in the movies.
Yup. Classic perfectly bilingual code-switching. It's mostly about combining sentences.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Ape+lust wrote:[.img]https://imgur.com/qjDxH8O.png[/img]

https://imgur.com/mMALDOp.png

Hustler had a tranny let it all hang out decades ago. Maybe Zinnia should give Flynt an SJW whoop, too. Or a courtesy tug.
Likely to cause some consternation among the usual suspects - rattling people's cages can't be all bad:
https://twitter.com/CathyYoung63/status ... 3282237440

The rank insanity of "trans women are women" may be falling on hard times as the essential incongruity and inconsistency of the claim is becoming more and more evident: https://twitter.com/MsBlaireWhite/statu ... 6102099968
https://twitter.com/CathyYoung63/status ... 4257683456

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Guest_09522ed6 wrote:...In other happenings in tech journalism, Robert Scoble has been accused of sexual assault by tech journalist Quinn Norton.

medium com/@quinnnorton/robert-scoble-and-me-9b14ee92fffb

Starts off with a tale that could just be busy bodies interrupting a consenting make out session then gets sexual assaulty.
At one point when they were separated the man in question was standing beside me at the camp fire. The person on the other side of me nervously decided to introduce us. It went roughly: “Robert, this is Quinn Norton. Quinn, this is Robert Scoble, he’s dangerous.” Scoble laughed and quickly said he wasn’t dangerous. I looked at him, keeping a blank expression, and said “I am.” I had learned this attitude after many years working in tech, that knowing how to deliver pain and putting everyone on notice that you would, was a way to avoid harassment. I knew this was fucked up, but it had been my normal for years.

And then, without any more warning, Scoble was on me. I felt one hand on my breast and his arm reaching around and grabbing my butt.
I was wondering why the name Quinn Norton was making me twitchy. I couldn't remember without help that she was the other idiot Paul Mason had on Newsnight with Oolon. She's the one who made her own little firestorm with this:
Quinn Norton wrote:The social problem is that men are raised to hate women and technology is not going to fix that. What's going to fix that is a societal conversation about why that is and why it shouldn't be, and why women aren't a threat to men. And the technology gives us the opportunity to have that conversation. It's not always a pleasant conversation, but we need to have it. Just shutting down the voices we don't like doesn't make the sentiments go away.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-23510635
Of course she was immediately gang-piled when she went onto Twitter afterward. I recall that she initially (and lamely) insisted she didn't say it, but quickly took the tack that she did, but anyone who didn't get the context was an idiot or raised to hate women. Clearly, she was speaking of online trolls who harass women, AKA Gamergaters, and not men in general. Naturally, this didn't convince anyone who wasn't already on her side, but it allowed her to hold a sniffing disdain for her opponents the rest of the night.

Other than that, I don't know this woman, except that her written persona is remarkably like Stephanie Zvan's :shock:

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Sunder wrote:The ID left has to burn out eventually. It may take the Dems with it. It may by then have poisoned the name of liberalism to the point that anyone left of Reagan is viewed with suspicion. But they're too incompetent to remain in power forever. Eventually something better will have to replace it.
My fear is that sooner rather than later the choice will be between a full-SocJus left and the Alt-Right/Right-Wing Populists, with little to no saner alternatives. Either public confession of all sins against the Feminine God or RooshV's guides for sexual tourism. Either "Islam is wonderful, feminist, pure, and all criticism of it is racism" or Steersman-esque "population transfers". Either public shame for not liking girlcocks or mandatory electroshock therapy for anyone who's not 100% straight.
LoL. Given that you've apparently and belatedly conceded - under duress - that Islam is incompatible with democracy, when you're prepared to suggest or discuss a better or more effective solution to "The Muslim Problem" than "population transfers" or closing the borders to Muslims then let me know.
Kirbmarc wrote:One thing I'm pretty sure about is that given the current trend porn will be heavily regulated, since the SocJus left thinks it causes rapes and assaults and the TradLife right sees it as "degeneracy".
Touching that they've finally found some common ground ... Ran across an interesting though a somewhat surprising National Review post the other day probably from the "TradLife" perspective:
Hugh Hefner’s Legacy of Despair

The bitter fruit of Hefner’s life’s work has helped poison American families.

Hugh Hefner didn’t invent pornography, and it would no doubt be thriving today even if he hadn’t founded Playboy magazine those many years ago. After all, man is fallen, and somebody would have filled that depraved niche in American life. Hefner, however, played his part, and the part he played was immensely destructive to our nation’s cultural, moral, and spiritual fabric. Hefner mainstreamed porn, he put it in millions of homes, and he even glamorized it — recasting one of America’s most pathetic industries as the playground of the sophisticated rich. He then grew to a ripe old age, consorting with women young enough to be his granddaughters. He was America’s most famous dirty old man. ....
Ah, the great American Dream - or favorite indoor sport.

Related post by Ben Shapiro, also in the National Review:
Hollywood’s Diseased Culture

The Harvey Weinstein scandal should make movie-industry luminaries take a long, hard look in the mirror.

So, what can be done?

First, we as a society can stop treating sex as transactional: We can train men and women to value it as something more than pleasure given and taken. Men in power have always exploited objects of their desire. The only constraints, historically, have been societal taboos against such exploitation — the unwillingness of the broader public to wink and nod at sex-for-power relationships. If its customers won’t stand for such behavior, the industry will be forced to take steps toward change.
Moot point where the dividing line is between healthy and pathological, in sex as in many if not most behaviours.

free thoughtpolice

Kirbmarc wrote:
Shatterface wrote:Read Richard Thaler's book on economic behaviourism a few weeks back. He recalled hanging out with Daniel Kahneman and a few other Israelis and the conversation would slip between English and Hebrew, often without the participants being conscious of it because they were fluent in both. Generally complete sentences though, not sentences composed of words from both languages, like Italian American gangsters in the movies.
Yup. Classic perfectly bilingual code-switching. It's mostly about combining sentences.
It is amazing haw many languages can exist and be maintained in a small area. Vancouver Island and the adjacent mainland had 5 different language groups with 15 or more distinct languages. In some of the ones I looked at, even among languages in the same group among people of the same tribe affiliation and being separated by a small distance the differences are more much greater than between language like French and Spanish.
As they were in frequent contact with each other they no doubt had trade languages, probably like Chinook that developed after European contact as well as many of them being multilingual.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Barbie's Boyfriend wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:
(STRAWKINS! So happy you've stopped in to see us :dance: :D)
BTW, if you are wondering whether someone has flounced, evaporated, or is just lurking, you can click on their username to get to the profile page. That will tell you when they last visited. If you can't find a post, just visit the Members page (top right link).
Or if Steersman is missing, you can check the Vancouver police blotter, and see if he has been arrested for soliciting prostitutes
:lol: Sorry to bust your bubble but that's a negatory - at least at the moment. While Canada has somewhat insanely insisted that selling sex is not illegal but that buying it is, many police forces have pointedly stated they're not going to expend a lot of effort enforcing that law.

However, that buzzing bee in your bonnet sure looks rather persistent - here's something I expect will add to the volume it produces ... ;-)
You Get What You Pay For
October 19, 2017 by Maggie McNeill

Why on earth would anybody pay for sex instead of going to a bar/club & getting it that way for a lot less? What’s so special about these “high-end” services?

Getting sex from random amateurs is fine if you’re a single, socially adept vanilla with plenty of free time, no unusual or embarrassing needs, and no need for discretion who doesn’t mind the possibility of STIs, weird drama or the potential for unwanted phone calls, etc later. Most men aren’t in that position. What you’re paying a sex worker for is competence, professionalism, cleanliness & discretion. If you’re OK with fucking incompetent, indiscreet, unpredictable amateurs with questionable sanitary habits, go for it. But remember that free pussy is the most expensive kind. ...
The foregoing is not a paid political or commercial announcement - more a public service one ... ;-)

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

Steerswad, are you trying to say that chix in bars have STDs, but prostitutes do NOT ???

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Barbie's Boyfriend

Steers, you go to prostitutes because you are so incredibly repulsive inside and out, its the ONLY way you will ever have female contact.

You couldn't get laid in a woman's prison with a dozen pardons stapled to your forehead

Barbie's Boyfriend

BTW, Steers, I retired UNDEFEATED...

NO wives,

NO kids,

And, wait for it...

NO DISEASES !!!

HelpingHand

Post by HelpingHand »

You know, how about you just shut up Barbie. I would rather take years of Steers rambling on about his philosophies (oh yeah, I have) than read your petty personal shit talking one more time.

Barbie's Boyfriend

HelpingHand wrote:You know, how about you just shut up Barbie. I would rather take years of Steers rambling on about his philosophies (oh yeah, I have) than read your petty personal shit talking one more time.
There is this thing called the IGNORE button / Might I suggest you USE IT.

Barbie's Boyfriend

Just added Helping Hand (Steers Poe??) as a foe.

See how EZ that was ???

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Meyers just jizzed in his pants.

He really is a pathetic little bottom-feeding coward.

https://i.imgur.com/Y6H7RMh.png

free thoughtpolice

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Meyers just jizzed in his pants.

He really is a pathetic little bottom-feeding coward.

https://i.imgur.com/Y6H7RMh.png
Call someone a nazi and when they object to your feeble passive aggressive slander claim victory!
And then encourage violence against them? What's up with the pic?

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Old_ones wrote:"I apologize for your white privilege"? Seriously?

It might also mean that trump jokes have been so overdone that there isn't any more material about him that is still funny. That's just speculation though, and I think Colbert is still doing fine, so maybe it's wrong.
My guess?

Lopez did not know his audience. The people who got to see Lopez's comedy routines know who he is and go there specifically to watch his comedy. The people who go to a Juvenile diabetes Galla fundraiser may or may not care about George Lopez, but they are there to support the fund raising for juvenile diabetes.

So people who either have a money to burn, or really care about family members affected. Since there have been a number of studies that suggest that both Republicans & Christians give more money in the US, the audience very well may have skewed in both those directions. And people with money? That may tend to skew more towards white, asian & jewish in the US.

So yes, his president/Trump bashing probably bombed at such an event. And his yelling at donors for being privileged whites at a fund raising event for being privileged whites probably floated by like a lead balloon.

Never invite George Lopez to do your fundraiser comedy routine unless it is for something political that he is totally onboard with.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Barbie's Boyfriend wrote:BTW, Steers, I retired UNDEFEATED...
NO wives,
NO kids,
And, wait for it...
NO DISEASES !!!
I am perplexed as to why anyone would feel the need to get into a dick measuring contest with Steersman.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

HelpingHand wrote:You know, how about you just shut up Barbie. I would rather take years of Steers rambling on about his philosophies (oh yeah, I have) than read your petty personal shit talking one more time.
Yeah, it is getting pretty tedious and boring. We expect a higher quality of piss take or feud at this joint than "I know you are, you said you are". I'm considering not paying my Slymepit subscription fee next time the email comes around asking for it.

free thoughtpolice

PZ: Look at what you have become- the Alex Jones of progressive principles and the science of intersectionalism.
And worse you are glorifying violence!

Barbie's Boyfriend

deLurch wrote:
NO wives,
NO kids,
And, wait for it...
NO DISEASES !!!
I am perplexed as to why anyone would feel the need to get into a dick measuring contest with Steersman.
I don't suffer fools gladly, apparently

Barbie's Boyfriend

KiwiInOz wrote:
Yeah, it is getting pretty tedious and boring. We expect a higher quality of piss take or feud at this joint than "I know you are, you said you are". I'm considering not paying my Slymepit subscription fee next time the email comes around asking for it.
Yes, laughing at Shatterface calling my eighty year old mother a whore was of such high quality, wasn't it ???

BTW, I have one more "Best Post Evah" than you, so there is that.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Call me a necrophiliac, but I miss Nec V20.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Barbie's Boyfriend wrote:Steerswad, are you trying to say that chix in bars have STDs, but prostitutes do NOT ???

:lol:
Apart from that more or less proving you know diddly squat about population distributions, you might read - if you're capable of it - this Reuters article, and some others from the Google Search:
Disease risk higher for swingers than prostitutes

LONDON (Reuters) - Scientists studying swingers -- straight couples who regularly swap sexual partners and indulge in group sex at organized meeting -- say they have higher rates of sexually transmitted infections (STIs) than prostitutes. ....
But all of that says dick-all about the morality of the profession or its social value.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Barbie's Boyfriend wrote:I don't suffer fools gladly, apparently
BRB. Heading to the home for mental retards down the street to laugh at them for sucking at checkers.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

KiwiInOz wrote:Call me a necrophiliac, but I miss Nec V20.
That guy seriously worried me about his own health & safety. I hope he ranted off at the cops and got some serious help.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

KiwiInOz wrote:Call me a necrophiliac, but I miss Nec V20.
Yea, me too - kind of derivative but still with a classy instruction set ... ;-)

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Thanks - (check's in the mail ... ;-) )

But you've listened to my "philosophical ramblings" for years? Worth a bonus ... :-)

Though I hope I've gotten more focused over that interval.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Steersman wrote:
Barbie's Boyfriend wrote:Steerswad, are you trying to say that chix in bars have STDs, but prostitutes do NOT ???

:lol:
Apart from that more or less proving you know diddly squat about population distributions, you might read - if you're capable of it - this Reuters article, and some others from the Google Search:
Disease risk higher for swingers than prostitutes

LONDON (Reuters) - Scientists studying swingers -- straight couples who regularly swap sexual partners and indulge in group sex at organized meeting -- say they have higher rates of sexually transmitted infections (STIs) than prostitutes. ....
But all of that says dick-all about the morality of the profession or its social value.
Apropos.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Maybe it's just me, but if you're going to build a career on mocking Christianity, you ought to know slightly more than fuck all about Christianity.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... 3575701144

Or you could just go the clickbait route.

HelpingHand

Post by HelpingHand »

Barbie's Boyfriend wrote:Just added Helping Hand (Steers Poe??) as a foe.

See how EZ that was ???
Oh no, I weep in my fucking cheerios you fucktard.

I am not going to foe you. I am going to rag on your fucking ass whenever you post, annoy the rest of the Pit and kamikaze myself into oblivion. I don't fucking care anymore.

Burn in SJW hell asshat.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

KiwiInOz wrote: I'm considering not paying my Slymepit subscription fee next time the email comes around asking for it.
Ha ha, sucker! Lsuoma let me pay $500 up front for a lifetime membership.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Kirbmarc wrote:
My conversations in German/English had lots of switching within sentences. If a word or phrase doesn't come to mind immediately, it's faster to go with the one in the other language. Also, sometimes one language has a more evocative or descriptive term or turn of phrase. Capeesh?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Riley, you're still male. You just grew your hair long and adopted a high nasally voice. Already been done by Geddy Lee.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

KiwiInOz wrote:
At least he isn't punching down.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

VickyCaramel wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
At least he isn't punching down.
He's making a bit of a fist of it, though.

free thoughtpolice

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Riley, you're still male. You just grew your hair long and adopted a high nasally voice. Already been done by Geddy Lee.
He didn't do the wing eyelashes though.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

I've put him back on ignore. He hasn't made a single comment in about three weeks that hasn't been about Steersman. I think I put him on ignore last time because he did the same with Com.

Arguing with people is one thing, obsessing over them is another.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

NO wives,

NO kids,

And, wait for it...

NO DISEASES !!!
A virgin then.

And a boring cunt.

https://78.media.tumblr.com/fa1965d4a56 ... o1_400.gif

You must be the life and soul of the party... :roll:

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Steersman wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:[.img]https://imgur.com/qjDxH8O.png[/img]

https://imgur.com/mMALDOp.png

The rank insanity of "trans women are women" may be falling on hard times as the essential incongruity and inconsistency of the claim is becoming more and more evident: https://twitter.com/MsBlaireWhite/statu ... 6102099968
More evidence that no amount of cajoling the outside world is going to result in a situation that is satisfactory for trans activists. You can call Riley a woman and use her pronouns, and still, here she is insisting she is was always female, which would make her cis. But she keeps the trans designation for some reason, because of course she does. If it made any sense it wouldn't be trans activism, and every time society accepts the next piece of nonsense, the goalposts have to move. I'm a man and I've never been female, does that make me trans now? Do I need to transition and go around telling people redundant things about my pronouns that they already know?

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

deLurch wrote:
Old_ones wrote:"I apologize for your white privilege"? Seriously?

My guess?

Lopez did not know his audience. The people who got to see Lopez's comedy routines know who he is and go there specifically to watch his comedy. The people who go to a Juvenile diabetes Galla fundraiser may or may not care about George Lopez, but they are there to support the fund raising for juvenile diabetes.

So people who either have a money to burn, or really care about family members affected. Since there have been a number of studies that suggest that both Republicans & Christians give more money in the US, the audience very well may have skewed in both those directions. And people with money? That may tend to skew more towards white, asian & jewish in the US.

So yes, his president/Trump bashing probably bombed at such an event. And his yelling at donors for being privileged whites at a fund raising event for being privileged whites probably floated by like a lead balloon.

Never invite George Lopez to do your fundraiser comedy routine unless it is for something political that he is totally onboard with.
Good points. The article also specified that those people were big donors:

An attendee at the event — where tables sold from $5,000 to $100,000 to benefit the Barbara Davis Center for Diabetes — commented on a YouTube video that “George was asked nicely to stop making Trump jokes by a man in front row [Maffei] who just donated $250K.” But “George doesn’t, continues. Gets booed.”

Which fits with what you are saying.

I don't think anyone short of a full blown SJW would probably have much patience for being scolded about white privilege, though. Particularly when the guy doing it was hired to be funny at a charity event that has nothing to do with that.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

free thoughtpolice wrote:PZ: Look at what you have become- the Alex Jones of progressive principles and the science of intersectionalism.
And worse you are glorifying violence!
Wrong! Alex Jones has an audience and influence, and makes bank...

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Steersman wrote: <snip>

Apropos.
Thanks - quite a good article; filed for future reference :-) . Couple of interesting observations in particular, and some of those good reasons to "decriminalize sex work":
.... Contrary to popular belief, sex workers were more likely than not to report that their work enhanced their wellbeing. Sex workers reported feeling increased self-confidence as a result of their work, and many enjoyed the non-sexual interaction they had with clients. The financial benefits were also important, as was work flexibility.

Stigma and discrimination remained major impediments to sex worker wellbeing. This had impacts on their interpersonal relationships, as well as access to health services and the police. ....

Our study demonstrated several ways that the criminalisation of sex work in WA has negative impacts on the health, safety and wellbeing of sex workers. ....

There is good evidence that decriminalising sex work does not result in an increase in the number of clients, and the normalisation of this work is important in improving sex workers’ health and wellbeing.
Kind of surprised though at that last bit as I would have expected an increase of sorts on decriminalizing; maybe still too much stigma attached. But I'm sure not arguing that there aren't a lot of flies in that ointment, that all sex workers and clients are paragons and exemplars of moral rectitude and virtue. But sure looks like a lot of the hysteria and "moral panic" surrounding the issue - frequently related to supposed trafficking - is the cause of no shortage of extensive, unnecessary and heartbreaking grief - seem to recollect that MacNeill has had several posts on that topic. And you might check out Elizabeth Nolan Brown's many tweets and articles at Reason on those same topics:
https://twitter.com/ENBrown/status/920675580017815553

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Bhurzum wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:Okay smart arse, explain geordie.
"Geordies are living proof that vikings fucked pigs" - Old Army saying.

I'm guessing "Geordie" is a hybrid of an old Nordic language, gutteral English swearing and pig-rape noises.

Example:

"How, man, y'fuggin' bastaad! Divvun taak shite, like!"

See? It makes perfect sense... :D
Probably need a few more examples to get the feeling for it...