In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Old subthreads
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Post by Lsuoma »

Ape+lust wrote:
Steersman wrote:...Maybe moot why Muslims, particularly men, think Muslim women should be obliged to "cover" - maybe "showing skin" is too much for Muslim men's delicate sensibilities. But seems to be plenty of historical evidence that supposedly being "unclean" is the more prevalent and determinative factor.

And maybe those commercials are just what is needed to change those perceptions, even if some people go overboard.
So, you didn't read the article? There was nothing about Muslim oppression. It was about western society shaming women. It was the usual self-obsession, the same stuff that's caused me to hear the word "vagina" more in the past 5 years than the entirety of my life preceding.
Steerzo doesn't read shit. Don't you remember all the fun about Novum Organum? Which he has the temerity to even add to his .sig.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

When we're finished with the sexual harassers we need to go after the vampires.
http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/140-arreste ... -1.3641340

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

A story to make SJW heads explode:
Female Israeli soldier uses martial arts to fight off crowd of ultra-Orthodox demonstrators as they call her a 'w****'

A fearless female soldier put her martial arts training to good use when she fought off dozens of Jewish ultra-Orthodox anti-draft protesters during a rally in Jerusalem.

Off-duty soldier Nomi Golan fended off a baying crowd of protesters, demonstrating against the arrest of two yeshiva students who refused to show up to the military recruitment office.

Using a series of expert karate kicks and chops, Golan held back the violent rabble who were preventing a car from driving up a street.

The video shows the group of men spit and swear at Golan, calling a 'shiksa' (a non-Jewish woman) as well as w****.

Golan is return flicks out with a series of kicks aimed at head and knee to push the protesters back, as well as kung-fu chops aimed at those spitting at her.

While ultra-Orthodox students are exempt from compulsory military service, they must still present themselves to the army with a letter from their school - which some still refuse to do.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z4w4FEs9Ar

So she's a kick ass woman and they're good. But she's an Israeli soldier so she's bad. But she's fighting ultraorthodox Jews and they're worse so she's good. But they are protesting the draft so they're good and she's bad. But their protest is defending their religious exemption from the draft so they're bad.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

But Orthodox Judaism comes with free frogurt.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Sunder wrote:But Orthodox Judaism comes with free frogurt.
Free frogurt blogs is dying on its feet.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Guess who is now an islamophile:

mike150160

Post by mike150160 »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
Guest_d2e60302 wrote:Jodie Foster in a Nazi Uniform? It's like someone was mind reading my 1977ish naughty bar mitzvah boy thoughts.

Is this the one where she humiliates the jew and makes me eat her out, or the one in which I exact my revenge and torture her?

Oh so many livers ago. (obscure?)
You probably saw either 'Taxi Driver' or 'The Little Girl that Lives Down the Lane' at an impressionable age.
Bonus points for those who remember, or are familiar with "Strange Little Girl" by Sad Café, a minor hit in 1980, based on The Little Girl That Lives Down the Lane.

The Stranglers no?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Sunder wrote:But Orthodox Judaism comes with free frogurt.
Does it contain sodium benzoate?

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Guess who is now an islamophile:
[.youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c53q5Yw0uhQ[/youtube]
Here's hoping it leads to that vomit faced thot ending up in a burqa.

John D

Post by John D »

Black women should fear the police because RAPE!

Fucking AHA is at in again (along with that cunt Sikivu... someone who needs to be in our game).

https://thehumanist.com/features/interv ... -j-ritchie

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Shatterface wrote:A story to make SJW heads explode:
Female Israeli soldier uses martial arts to fight off crowd of ultra-Orthodox demonstrators as they call her a 'w****'

A fearless female soldier put her martial arts training to good use when she fought off dozens of Jewish ultra-Orthodox anti-draft protesters during a rally in Jerusalem.

Off-duty soldier Nomi Golan fended off a baying crowd of protesters, demonstrating against the arrest of two yeshiva students who refused to show up to the military recruitment office.

Using a series of expert karate kicks and chops, Golan held back the violent rabble who were preventing a car from driving up a street.

The video shows the group of men spit and swear at Golan, calling a 'shiksa' (a non-Jewish woman) as well as w****.

Golan is return flicks out with a series of kicks aimed at head and knee to push the protesters back, as well as kung-fu chops aimed at those spitting at her.

While ultra-Orthodox students are exempt from compulsory military service, they must still present themselves to the army with a letter from their school - which some still refuse to do.

So she's a kick ass woman and they're good. But she's an Israeli soldier so she's bad. But she's fighting ultraorthodox Jews and they're worse so she's good. But they are protesting the draft so they're good and she's bad. But their protest is defending their religious exemption from the draft so they're bad.
She kicks like a girl.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Really? wrote:
Woman wey take her hand, pack her poo-poo comot di toilet of man wey she dey friend because ''e no gree flush'' enter trouble, after she go try collect di poo-poo back.
The woman wey dey learn gymnastics, just start to waka with Bristol student, Liam Smith, for di first time, when she take fear troway di poo-poo comot for window.
Instead make di thing land for garden, di poo-poo come jam between two windows wey no dey open wide.
Di lady decide to carry her thing back; she use head enter the small space wey di poo-poo bin dey, but na so she come trap for there, and trouble start.
Mr Smith say im no get choice but to call fire service make dem help remove di girl, along with her poo-poo.
Now, im don dey try raise money to repair di windows wey break, so e write all di tori for inside one University of Bristol crowd funding page.
https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-41171196

It's a fucking embarrassment that paying for this shit is compulsory here, I'd happily see the whole organisation dismantled tomorrow. This pidgin section has reached laughing stock status on the chans now I see. Truly awful.

Thanks for funding this, British people!

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Quote and formatting fail, supposed to look like this, thank dog for the edit button.
Really? wrote:
Woman wey take her hand, pack her poo-poo comot di toilet of man wey she dey friend because ''e no gree flush'' enter trouble, after she go try collect di poo-poo back.
The woman wey dey learn gymnastics, just start to waka with Bristol student, Liam Smith, for di first time, when she take fear troway di poo-poo comot for window.
Instead make di thing land for garden, di poo-poo come jam between two windows wey no dey open wide.
Di lady decide to carry her thing back; she use head enter the small space wey di poo-poo bin dey, but na so she come trap for there, and trouble start.
Mr Smith say im no get choice but to call fire service make dem help remove di girl, along with her poo-poo.
Now, im don dey try raise money to repair di windows wey break, so e write all di tori for inside one University of Bristol crowd funding page.
https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-41171196

Thanks for funding this, British people!
It's a fucking embarrassment that paying for this shit is compulsory here, I'd happily see the whole organisation dismantled tomorrow. This pidgin section has reached laughing stock status on the chans now I see. Truly awful.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

It feels like you can be gay, straight, bisexual, trans and be accepted,” he says. “All I want is for the pup community to be accepted in the same way. We’re not trying to cause grief to the public, or cause grief to relationships. We’re just the same as any other person on the high street.”
http://i.imgur.com/NBV0Rd5.jpg

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

This dude saw all of his fellow silicon valley techbro's getting accused of sexual assault, said hold my beer.

What is a Vungle?
Zain Jaffer is currently in a Silicon Valley jail cell, after being arrested for child rape and attempted murder. He also has been put on indefinite leave as CEO of Vungle, the mobile video ad company that he founded in 2011.

The San Mateo County Sheriff's website shows that 29 year-old Jaffer faces charges for attempted murder, a lewd act on a child, oral copulation of a person under 14, child abuse, assault with a deadly weapon and battery upon an officer and emergency personnel.
AdBlocked!

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Shatterface wrote:A story to make SJW heads explode:
<snip>

Doesn't take much: never have so many of them been so clueless about so much - analogies in particular. And to coin a phrase.

But a case or two in point: https://twitter.com/CathyYoung63/status ... 2031605760
https://twitter.com/JoyceCarolOates/sta ... 4406955008

So because Allen's "denouncers" (and deverbalizers?) admire Nabokov's writing that means their charges are null and void? As Young suggests, there may well be some reasonable questions about the validity of the charges, but using a preference in literature to discredit the denouncers seems rather clueless if not demented. Post hoc ergo propter hoc and all that.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Brive1987 wrote:
It feels like you can be gay, straight, bisexual, trans and be accepted,” he says. “All I want is for the pup community to be accepted in the same way. We’re not trying to cause grief to the public, or cause grief to relationships. We’re just the same as any other person on the high street.”

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

mike150160 wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:Jodie Foster in a Nazi Uniform? It's like someone was mind reading my 1977ish naughty bar mitzvah boy thoughts.

Bonus points for those who remember, or are familiar with "Strange Little Girl" by Sad Café, a minor hit in 1980, based on The Little Girl That Lives Down the Lane.

The Stranglers no?
No, that's a different song. Good one, tho.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Brive1987 wrote:
If he can't lick his own asshole he's not really a dog.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Brive1987 wrote:

"Former fiancee"..Hmmm. I wonder what might have caused her to change her mind?

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

She found out he was sniffing around other women.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Shatterface wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: <snip>

[.img]http://i.imgur.com/NBV0Rd5.jpg[/img]
She found out he was sniffing around other women.
:-) Humping some Nazi legs?

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

BTW, if that's a shoop, it's not my doing. I stole this one from Ian Miles Cheong.

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/921502107336716288

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

screwtape wrote:Dalhousie University in Halifax NS finds itself in an awkward situation. A muslim, hijab-wearing woman, who is vice-president of the students' union, made a Facebook post containing blatant and obvious anti-white sentiment. A complaint was made by another student, and she has been found to have contravened university codes of conduct. Her defense? She cannot be capable of racism and reverse racism doesn't even exist, because of the usual idiotic power plus prejudice nonsense. One day in downtown Nairobi or Islamabad would show her that ain't so.
I don't see my actions as targeting someone, or white folks," she said. "White people can go through discrimination but not racism. Reverse racism does not exist because I would never have the power to oppress someone the way the system can oppress marginalized people.
Anyway, Dalhousie has a reputation as being a weak-kneed institution asking which way it should bend next in the winds of change. The bien-pensant academics of the South End would generally abase themselves before the power of the mighty hijab. Now they find themselves having to find Ms Khan guilty of an infraction, and are no doubt pissing themselves as they try to find some way to let her off the hook. Sad days for the oldest university in north America (world ranking #279), but most entertaining for observers.
Interestink, but not very funny - as the crew of Laugh-In used to say. But hope that helps to discredit the idea that reverse racism isn't a justifiable term.

Though I think there's some justification for the recourse to freedom of speech even if, as I've argued, there are justifiable limits to that. But wonder how the University - and Ms. Khan - would have dealt with, say, #MuslimFragilityCanKissMyAss and #YourMuslimArseIsntSacredCanadaIs:
https://twitter.com/SteersMann/status/9 ... 5988184069

Sure would like to know whether the PM & the Liberal party have their ears to the ground on that issue - or maybe they've given up after getting an earful. Not sure if you've seen this National Post article on M103 but it points out or suggests there were more signers of petitions against it than were for the original ones in favour of it:
Barbara Kay: Liberals left reeling by clear, rational criticisms of M-103

.... The M-103 pushback campaign was kicked off by Cooper’s national anti-M-103 petition drive, which garnered 27,000 signatures and was then leveraged by other outlets to gain 200,000 signatures. Cooper’s prepared testimony to the hearings, which may never be heard formally, is a model of reason, clarity and high intelligence. You can read it in an online Canadian Heritage Committee briefing note. And the pith of his argument can be viewed on this concise YouTube video. ....
Something's seriously rotten in Denmark and Canada too, although the former at least seems to finding some backbone and testicles. But too much pandering to the Muslim vote if not petro-dollars, too many disingenuous if not fraudulent attempts by the Liberals to force Canadians to drink from a poisoned chalice.

Somewhat apropos of which, another NP article which seems to studiously refuse to refer to the perpetrator's ethnicity or religion (tag - #NothingToDoWithIslam):

Ottawa man not guilty of sexual assault because he thought he could have sex with wife anytime

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Steersman wrote:But a case or two in point: https://twitter.com/CathyYoung63/status ... 2031605760
I both admire Putin's strength, conviction and dedication to his country. But I am also deeply disturbed by some of the actions he takes towards his own countrymen and his suppression of free speech in his nation.

It is almost as if people can both admire positive traits in an individual, and despise their faults.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Oompa Loompa doompadee doo
I've got another puzzle for you
Oompa Loompa doompadah dee
If you are white you'll listen to me

What do you get from nazi ideology?
A punch in the face and a stab wound or three
Why don't you try embracing communism?
Become a champion of radical feminism?

You'll get no
You'll get no
You'll get no
You'll get no
You'll get no islamophobe accusations

Oompa Loompa Doompadee Dah
If you're like hivemind you will go far
You will live in ignorance too
Like the Oompa
Oompa Loompa doompadee do

Peezee Myers & the "FreeThought" factory

:bjarte:

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

deLurch wrote:
I both admire Putin's strength, conviction and dedication to his country. But I am also deeply disturbed by some of the actions he takes towards his own countrymen and his suppression of free speech in his nation.

It is almost as if people can both admire positive traits in an individual, and despise their faults.
Indeed - or a country too for that matter. Somewhat apropos of which, a Politico article - Nikki Haley on Russia meddling: Election interference is 'warfare' - and a comment by yours truly.

But part of the reason why quote or refer to the song "Accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative" :-)

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Bhurzum wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:[.img]https://imgur.com/JFbhZCQ.jpg[/img]
<snip>
Like the Oompa

:-) Your own? Don't see a link to it on a Google search - you might tweet that to Cheong though he may not know of FTB.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Steersman wrote::-) Your own? Don't see a link to it on a Google search - you might tweet that to Cheong though he may not know of FTB.
Aye, 'tis a fabrication of my damaged brain.

I'd tweet it to this Cheong fellow but I'm too idle/drunk.

*hic*

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Sargon really should have just tweeted, "You are too ugly to rape, now get back in the kitchen and make me a sandwich".

In the context of Jess Phillips saying she gets rape threats and wants to censor the internet, still the only charitable reading would be, "Fuck you, I'll say what I want".

The argument is the same -- as long as it isn't an obvious and credible threat of something illegal, people should be able to say whatever they want, no matter how hateful or offensive. Surely that is the point?

I am sick of these endless fucking arguments about what Sargon did or didn't mean and what his intent was, or how much Mz Phillips' fe-fes were hurt and how many casual observers got triggered.

The idea that because some pisshead once stuck his hand up her skirt on a dancefloor, that she is a "survivor" and the rest of the world have to tweet on eggshells is fucking absurd.

I am really interested in seeing the conference scene taking a new direction, so I have been following this subject really closely but after a week of this, my forehead is now three inches closer to the back of my neck from all the facepalms. I am not even sure Sargon himself hasn't stated his case particularly well.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Ape+lust wrote:
Steersman wrote:...Maybe moot why Muslims, particularly men, think Muslim women should be obliged to "cover" - maybe "showing skin" is too much for Muslim men's delicate sensibilities. But seems to be plenty of historical evidence that supposedly being "unclean" is the more prevalent and determinative factor.

And maybe those commercials are just what is needed to change those perceptions, even if some people go overboard.
So, you didn't read the article? There was nothing about Muslim oppression. It was about western society shaming women.
Of course I did, or at least enough to get the salient points. And the reason I referred to "Muslim oppression" was to point to that as the "paradigmatic" example of shaming that is - or was - just as prevalent in the Judaic-Christian culture. You might check out the 76 Bible verses about menstruation, particularly those that characterize it as "unclean", for example:
Leviticus 15:19-30
“When a woman has a discharge, and the discharge in her body is blood, she shall be in her menstrual impurity for seven days, and whoever touches her shall be unclean until the evening. And everything on which she lies during her menstrual impurity shall be unclean. Everything also on which she sits shall be unclean. And whoever touches her bed shall wash his clothes and bathe himself in water and be unclean until the evening. And whoever touches anything on which she sits shall wash his clothes and bathe himself in water and be unclean until the evening. Whether it is the bed or anything on which she sits, when he touches it he shall be unclean until the evening. ...

Leviticus 20:18
If a man lies with a woman during her menstrual period and uncovers her nakedness, he has made naked her fountain, and she has uncovered the fountain of her blood. Both of them shall be cut off from among their people.

Ezekiel 36:17 ESV
“Son of man, when the house of Israel lived in their own land, they defiled it by their ways and their deeds. Their ways before me were like the uncleanness of a woman in her menstrual impurity. ....
Cleanliness is next to godliness and all that. And one might reasonably cut the people of the past a bit of slack for their ignorance. But not exactly an untenable argument or hypothesis that those perspectives are part and parcel of the shame that is still unfairly directed at women today - cases in point being Lalo's tweet, and even the Catholic Church's past rulings on "proper" attire for women while in a church. Benson wrote, or coauthored, a book with the title of (I think) "Does God Hate Women?" - sure a lot of evidence to think that at least the Abrahamic ones do - and who do you think created such?
Ape+lust wrote:It was the usual self-obsession, the same stuff that's caused me to hear the word "vagina" more in the past 5 years than the entirety of my life preceding.
:-) All started with The Vagina Monologues? And we haven't been able to shut the women up since? ;-) Reminds me of the joke which asks why is a language called a mother tongue? Because father never gets a chance to use it ... :rimshot:

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Bhurzum wrote:

You'll get no
You'll get no
You'll get no
You'll get no

Like the Oompa

JFbhZCQ.jpg
(202.82 KiB) Downloaded 194 times

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

VickyCaramel wrote:
JFbhZCQ.jpg
:lol:

"Orange lives matter" is a no-no!

Because Trump.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Steersman wrote:
Somewhat apropos of which, another NP article which seems to studiously refuse to refer to the perpetrator's ethnicity or religion (tag - #NothingToDoWithIslam):

Ottawa man not guilty of sexual assault because he thought he could have sex with wife anytime
Ever heard of Diana Davison? She runs the Lighthouse Project which aims to help the falsely accused.
So yes the guy was acquitted on three charges because the Judge determined that the Crown had not proved the charges which, strictly by coincidence mind, nothing to do with anything, emerged during a dispute over child custody.

Read the judgement : Here is the link again

You know how the MRAs are always banging on about false charges of abuse/rape/etc? Well a lot of them suddenly show up during divorce and over child custody.

BTW. Davison has a YouTube channel.

Example one of her videos, selected at random.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Bhurzum wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:
JFbhZCQ.jpg

"Orange lives matter" is a no-no!

Because Trump.
Only their faces are orange. I know, i have seen the porn version of the movie.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

[/size]
SHORT LIVES MATTER

Can't believe I fell asleep and wasn't ninjad on that one.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

VickyCaramel wrote:Sargon really should have just tweeted, "You are too ugly to rape, now get back in the kitchen and make me a sandwich".

In the context of Jess Phillips saying she gets rape threats and wants to censor the internet, still the only charitable reading would be, "Fuck you, I'll say what I want".

The argument is the same -- as long as it isn't an obvious and credible threat of something illegal, people should be able to say whatever they want, no matter how hateful or offensive. Surely that is the point?

I am sick of these endless fucking arguments about what Sargon did or didn't mean and what his intent was, or how much Mz Phillips' fe-fes were hurt and how many casual observers got triggered.

The idea that because some pisshead once stuck his hand up her skirt on a dancefloor, that she is a "survivor" and the rest of the world have to tweet on eggshells is fucking absurd.

I am really interested in seeing the conference scene taking a new direction, so I have been following this subject really closely but after a week of this, my forehead is now three inches closer to the back of my neck from all the facepalms. I am not even sure Sargon himself hasn't stated his case particularly well.
Both my earlier assessment and your assessment appear to be solidly spot on from the horse's mouth.

Anyone else's interpretation of his intent is just making shit up.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Cathy Young may be on to something about this WitchHunt business.
Indeed.

Yes, they really should round up every single one in the anti-Gamergate crowd. Not just the guys, the women and everything in between, because at this point it is clear that they/them/xir are all guilty and need to be severely punished.

PeeZuss Christ!! Yes him too not to mention the insane inane Horde (past and present and future).

Whatever man. Fuck (Die Antwoord).

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

AndrewV69 wrote:Ever heard of Diana Davison? She runs the Lighthouse Project which aims to help the falsely accused.
I throw her a bone for her project. But I'll be assed if you expect me to listen to her drone on. Are you telling me her project actually accomplished something tangible?

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

The attempt at deworming failed?

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Steersman wrote:

Ever heard of Diana Davison? She runs the Lighthouse Project which aims to help the falsely accused.
Yes, though not about that Project - seem to recollect having watched a few of her YouTube videos.
AndrewV69 wrote:[.tweet]https://twitter.com/d2davison/status/921530628352307201[/tweet]

So yes the guy was acquitted on three charges because the Judge determined that the Crown had not proved the charges which, strictly by coincidence mind, nothing to do with anything, emerged during a dispute over child custody.

Read the judgement : Here is the link again
Thanks for the link - looks like a useful source. But I note that the judgement is a recent one - October 17th - and that the judge thought the wife's testimony was credible, and that the accused was speaking arabic. I geddit that mens rea is used as a defense but sure looks iffy - what happened to "ignorance of the law is no excuse"? Only applies to white folk but not muslims? (one assumes). Sure raises a few questions how and why the accused wasn't aware of those laws.
AndrewV69 wrote:You know how the MRAs are always banging on about false charges of abuse/rape/etc? Well a lot of them suddenly show up during divorce and over child custody. ....
Maybe not surprising. When the last straw is added and the camel's back breaks then it seems not unreasonable to point to all of the "straws" that were added up to that point. Although still moot whether the descriptions of such straws are entirely accurate - if only there was something like cop-cams that might provide an unbiased record ... ;-)

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

deLurch wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:Ever heard of Diana Davison? She runs the Lighthouse Project which aims to help the falsely accused.
I throw her a bone for her project. But I'll be assed if you expect me to listen to her drone on. Are you telling me her project actually accomplished something tangible?
I dunno. But apparently if you support her on Patreon you might know.

(multiple thanks from someone they helped are unlocked by donation apparently).

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Lsuoma wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:

So, you didn't read the article? There was nothing about Muslim oppression. It was about western society shaming women. It was the usual self-obsession, the same stuff that's caused me to hear the word "vagina" more in the past 5 years than the entirety of my life preceding.
Steerzo doesn't read shit. Don't you remember all the fun about Novum Organum? Which he has the temerity to even add to his .sig.
GMAFB. You think one has to read an entire book to know that some portions of it make sense? Particularly when there are synopses available that boil it down substantially? You think there isn't any justification for Bacon's argument that "shoddy and inept application of words lays siege to the intellect in wondrous ways"? That this tweet of Blaire White's isn't a perfect illustration of that? https://twitter.com/MsBlaireWhite/statu ... 6102099968

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Steersman wrote: Thanks for the link - looks like a useful source. But I note that the judgement is a recent one - October 17th - and that the judge thought the wife's testimony was credible, and that the accused was speaking arabic. I geddit that mens rea is used as a defense but sure looks iffy - what happened to "ignorance of the law is no excuse"? Only applies to white folk but not muslims? (one assumes). Sure raises a few questions how and why the accused wasn't aware of those laws.
Bold & underline is mine.

My tweet (made wayyyyy before I posted here about this)
In any event, I suggest you reread the judgement closely (you did read the judgement right? Even though it appears that despite doing so the news seems to have made a bigger impression). I believe the answer is in there.

Something about the crown not proving the case to the Judge's satisfaction instead of just believing the victim and convicting the man because vagina or something.

And yes. The guy comes across as an arsehole (to me at least) and so does the woman (again to me at any rate). But what has that got to do with the cost of tea in China?

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

AndrewV69 wrote:Cathy Young may be on to something about this WitchHunt business.
Indeed.

Yes, they really should round up every single one in the anti-Gamergate crowd. Not just the guys, the women and everything in between, because at this point it is clear that they/them/xir are all guilty and need to be severely punished.

PeeZuss Christ!! Yes him too not to mention the insane inane Horde (past and present and future).

Whatever man. Fuck (Die Antwoord).
Best tweet was down a few:

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Steersman wrote: Thanks for the link - looks like a useful source. But I note that the judgement is a recent one - October 17th - and that the judge thought the wife's testimony was credible, and that the accused was speaking arabic. I geddit that mens rea is used as a defense but sure looks iffy - what happened to "ignorance of the law is no excuse"? Only applies to white folk but not muslims? (one assumes). Sure raises a few questions how and why the accused wasn't aware of those laws.
Bold & underline is mine.

My tweet (made wayyyyy before I posted here about this)
Don't recollect seeing it; more like synchronicity, great minds, and all that. :-)
AndrewV69 wrote:In any event, I suggest you reread the judgement closely (you did read the judgement right? Even though it appears that despite doing so the news seems to have made a bigger impression). I believe the answer is in there.

Something about the crown not proving the case to the Judge's satisfaction instead of just believing the victim and convicting the man because vagina or something.

And yes. The guy comes across as an arsehole (to me at least) and so does the woman (again to me at any rate). But what has that got to do with the cost of tea in China?
Matter of fact, yes, I did read the judgement, at least the first part, although not every last jot and tittle of it. Of particular note is the following when seems to be the crux of the matter:
[10] Z. testified that she remembered one incident in 2002, just after the accused returned from having a hair transplant, they had sexual relations without her consent. She testified that the accused grabbed her by her wrist when he was on the couch in the living room and pulled her onto the couch, got on top of her, pulled down her pants and had sex with her. She testified that she asked him to stop 3 times but the accused continued until he ejaculated. She closed her eyes and prayed for it to end and then took a shower.

[11] Z. has essentially testified that she never consented to sex with her husband from 1992 until they separated on January 1, 2013, and that she only fulfilled what she believed was her obligation as the accused ’s wife.

[14] The accused was argumentative and evasive when cross-examined and often did not answer the question posed. I find that his evidence was not believable and did not raise a reasonable doubt.
[15] Z.’s evidence was credible. She answered questions in a straight forward manner. Her evidence that the accused believed he had a right to have sex with his wife was not contradicted. ....

[17] However in such circumstances where the complainant had lived in Canada since 1989, did not make any complaint until the parties had a dispute involving access, where the complainant continued to have sex with the accused from the time of the alleged incident in 2002 until January 1, 2013 a period of approximately 11 years, I am not satisfied that the Crown has met its burden of proving beyond a reasonable doubt based on all of the evidence that the accused had the required mens rea to have sexually assaulted the complainant in 2002.
[18] For the above reasons, the accused is found not guilty of Count #1.
So, even though the judge thought "Z" was credible, that the accused was "argumentative and evasive", that Z "never consented to sex", he still thought that "the required mens rea" was absent, and therefore found the accused "not guilty". Don't think I've missed the essence there, and think there's still something seriously rotten in the judge's conclusion. Hope it goes to the SC as "guilty mind" seems like it should mean diddly squat if a crime was committed - which the judge basically agreed that there was credible evidence of.

dogen

Post by dogen »

Militant Oompa Loompa is not an organization to be trifled with.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Bhurzum wrote:Oompa Loompa doompadee doo

You'll get no
You'll get no
You'll get no
You'll get no

Like the Oompa

https://imgur.com/f7TXyIL.png
:lol: :clap:

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

VickyCaramel wrote:
JFbhZCQ.jpg

I love it when the photoshops are flying.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Saturday morning gloryhole funnies.

https://imgur.com/0Y92ygV.jpg

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Aw, fuck me. Are comedians gonna start doing this crybaby shit too?

https://imgur.com/LhRo5HG.png

https://imgur.com/tPoxxZm.png

https://twitter.com/charlyne_yi/status/ ... 3357374464

Lady, if you're still steamed after 10 years, turn it into a bit and insult him back. All your peers who are worth a shit will admire you for it.

This mewling "Thank you @HuffPost for hearing me" horseshit just makes you a disgrace to your profession.

https://imgur.com/GhEKkEQ.png

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/wh ... 3f77dc7879

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

deLurch wrote:
Yes, by providing advice and gathering evidence to support the accused. Her videos expose the insidiousness of feminist legal activism and the injustices it has caused. Her videos are really worth listening to. Having said that, her opinions on things like trans issues may be a bit over the top, so I follow her on her area of expertees and take anything else with a strong dose of skepticism.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Photoshoppers are ripping the shit out of Matt Myers :lol: :lol: :dance:

https://twitter.com/hashtag/MyersTwitter?src=hash

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

From what I have read I have no problem concluding that Harvey Weinstein is a scumbag who abused his power. At the same time, I'm seeing hardly any backlash against those actresses who did suck and fuck themselves to the top. Actresses for whom Weinstein was a feature, not a bug. If they didn't exist, the Weinsteins of this world wouldn't last long.

Where is the backlash against a woman (not to use another word starting with a 'w') like Jerry Hall, who sucks up to the lowlife Rupert Murdoch?

https://media.vanityfair.com/photos/56d ... arried.jpg

Another case of IOWWDI?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Jan Steen wrote:From what I have read I have no problem concluding that Harvey Weinstein is a scumbag who abused his power. At the same time, I'm seeing hardly any backlash against those actresses who did suck and fuck themselves to the top. Actresses for whom Weinstein was a feature, not a bug. If they didn't exist, the Weinsteins of this world wouldn't last long.
The world of entertainment has always been based on fucking your way to the top. I'm pretty sure a lot of other people in Hollywood are exchanging sex for recommendations. Weinstein simply had an extreme, sadistic and narcissistic approach, while other directors/producers/media bigwigs are more subtle and less (openly) abusive about it.

The world of entertainment is based on good looks, attractiveness and physicality. The temptation to use these tools for one's career in a more direct way will always be there, just like the temptation for the powerful figures in the media to take advantage of the ambition of those struggling to improve their careers. I don't think that the Weinstein scandal is going to change things, other than being used as a way to promote gender quotas among producers and directors, a lot of virtue-signalling from Hollywood big names, and maybe some stricter anti-harassment laws that people will eventually find a way to get around anyway.

In time the outrage will fade when a new one will come along.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Ape+lust wrote:Aw, fuck me. Are comedians gonna start doing this crybaby shit too?

Lady, if you're still steamed after 10 years, turn it into a bit and insult him back. All your peers who are worth a shit will admire you for it.

This mewling "Thank you @HuffPost for hearing me" horseshit just makes you a disgrace to your profession.

https://imgur.com/GhEKkEQ.png

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/wh ... 3f77dc7879
Oh really? Is this direction we are going in next? Yesterday when I was working on a building site the carpenter called me a cunt, I'm triggered bad guys, do you think I should report it to the BBC or HuffPo? What is going on?