In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Old subthreads
screwtape

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Post by screwtape »

Shatterface wrote:
clownshoe wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:For when you think your day is about as bad as it gets ....

http://i.imgur.com/rJiLN2j.jpg
"A QUEENSLAND man has died after accidentally falling through a woodchipper on a property in Gympie, north of Brisbane."

"falling through a woodchipper"

"through" :o
Police want to speak to a man described as 'kinda funny looking'.
Come on, an experience like that is enough to make you go to pieces.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

DaveDodo007 wrote:Then let evolution take its course.
Nihilists! Fuck me. I mean, say what you want about the tenets of Social Justice, Dodo, at least it's an ethos.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

This seems to happen every year or so. The danger is with the high power chippers that can chew up six inch branches or more. Every so often you hear of workers getting careless and throwing a branch in, somehow getting hooked on it, and then getting sucked in. It's all over in a second or two. Even though it's quick...not exactly the way I'd like to go.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Hunt wrote:

This seems to happen every year or so. The danger is with the high power chippers that can chew up six inch branches or more. Every so often you hear of workers getting careless and throwing a branch in, somehow getting hooked on it, and then getting sucked in. It's all over in a second or two. Even though it's quick...not exactly the way I'd like to go.
Their nature not being sufficiently destructive, Australians decided to introduce artificial means of annihilation.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Hunt wrote:

Keeps cremation costs down. :think:

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

...and the price of sausages.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

This is interesting....

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2017/ ... d-her.html

Just a blog, an anonymous source... it doesn't really amount to a hill of beans.

However, the speculation is that the source is Drew Barrymore or Devon Odessa talking about a child actress called Heather O'Rourke on a show called Rocky Road.

This still doesn't amount to much but 4chan are busy trying to join the dots, connecting children who appeared on the show with various producers and directors. This is a rich hunting ground with associations as big as Stephen Spielberg.
It is only going to take one or two girls to name names, and the guilt by association is going to spread far and wide.

John D

Post by John D »

VickyCaramel wrote:This is interesting....

Just a blog, an anonymous source... it doesn't really amount to a hill of beans.

However, the speculation is that the source is Drew Barrymore or Devon Odessa talking about a child actress called Heather O'Rourke on a show called Rocky Road.

This still doesn't amount to much but 4chan are busy trying to join the dots, connecting children who appeared on the show with various producers and directors. This is a rich hunting ground with associations as big as Stephen Spielberg.
It is only going to take one or two girls to name names, and the guilt by association is going to spread far and wide.
4chan = weaponized autism.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

John D wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:This is interesting....

4chan = weaponized autism.
Yes, but they are easily distracted by a jew meme.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Shatterface wrote:
clownshoe wrote:

"A QUEENSLAND man has died after accidentally falling through a woodchipper on a property in Gympie, north of Brisbane."

"falling through a woodchipper"

"through" :o
Police want to speak to a man described as 'kinda funny looking'.

Friends say that since the incident his life has fallen to pieces.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Gah. :nin:

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

HoneyWagon wrote: I don't even know what to say about this one...is the caption ...correct?
Aw cute. They're having a sewing ree.

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

DaveDodo007 wrote: Fuck the planet...
DaveDoo-Doo really is what we'd get if Godfrey decided to troll the 'pit !

John D

Post by John D »

Shatterface wrote:
Really? wrote:Meet the headliner of next year's Skepticon.

Now that's just taking the piss.
Haha... this kind of thing always makes my laugh heartily. This "art" reminds my of the "art" created by the woman who dribbled paint out of her vag onto paper. I really love watching the crowd standing around and taking pictures. They are so arty-fartsy. They look amazed and thoughtful, but once in a while you see someone smile.

I was hoping there would be a display with a fountain but all they made was a big tank out of plexi. Pretty boring. Now... a golden shower... that would have been impressive (and smelly!)

The piss wars continue!

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

John D wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
Really? wrote:Meet the headliner of next year's Skepticon.

Now that's just taking the piss.
Haha... this kind of thing always makes my laugh heartily. This "art" reminds my of the "art" created by the woman who dribbled paint out of her vag onto paper. I really love watching the crowd standing around and taking pictures. They are so arty-fartsy. They look amazed and thoughtful, but once in a while you see someone smile.

I was hoping there would be a display with a fountain but all they made was a big tank out of plexi. Pretty boring. Now... a golden shower... that would have been impressive (and smelly!)

The piss wars continue!
So Howard Hughes was NOT crazy. He was just protesting Richard Nixon :LOL

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

[
HoneyWagon wrote: I don't even know what to say about this one...is the caption ...correct.
She's knitting a dress for Danielle M in xir's favourite colour.

Quite a task, lots of coverage required. Should be finished by 2023.
Well before Heina's book is due.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

deLurch wrote:
HoneyWagon wrote: I don't even know what to say about this one...is the caption ...correct?
Does everyone know a woman like the one on the left knitting?
Yes. Madame Defarge.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Hunt wrote:

BTW, the student with the jugs looks like Blair White after she got booze thrown on her.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

I'm too germophobic to go around collecting bodily fluids.

Also I don't know how urine "ages" but my first thought on seeing that strong mustard coloration in the thumbnail is "you need to drink more water."

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Paris Hilton's trademark accessory was Tinkerbell, the purse-puppy chihuahua on her arm.
https://i.imgur.com/Ek7ChfM.jpg

A decade later-- you've come a long way baby. A tiny dog no longer cuts it, in the purse puppy game.

Today's fashionista accessorizes with actual human props. In 2016, everyone needed a tranny bff. In current year: a muslim purse puppy.

Girlboss Sophia flaunted her very-own muslim, at the Klam Rally. Meet MuslimGirl.com... you're gonna love her voice...

My favorite-- was the part where she had to pixel-out a tiny bit of her flesh, to stay kosher/ avoid being beheaded/ etc.

...and the very-end, where she & her chauffeur attribute being pulled-over by cops to her headscarf-- and dispute whether "failing to yield to pedestrians" is actually a crime. (They were pulled-over on my block!!)

Here's another girlboss vlog... At 2:22 there's a bit about the gender pay gap...
apparently black women make "3 cents on the dollar". Versus who? I think black men actually earn less.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnbgOjurB8&t=321s[/youtube]

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

(nod to Diversity & Comics for coining 'purse puppy')

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lanyard lists the workshop as: When Beer Goggles Aren't Enough: How to Always be the 'Hot' Chick

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lanyard lists the workshop as: When Beer Goggles Aren't Enough: How to Always be the 'Hot' Chick

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Service Dog wrote:(nod to Diversity & Comics for coining 'purse puppy')
Handbag hound, clutch canine, wallet woofer, manbag mutt, satchel snoopy (groan)...I could go on but they'd only get worse.

:P

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Service Dog wrote:

Does she use fake tan to try and make herself look more Musilmy?

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

If there's one thing us Brits do with aplomb, it's applying stringent bureaucracy in an indifferent, asinine way:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ox ... e-41966554
A teacher is facing disciplinary action at his school after he referred to a transgender pupil as a girl, although the student identifies as a boy.
Joshua Sutcliffe, a Christian pastor from Oxford, admitted he said "Well done girls" when addressing a group including the student.
What a time to be alive.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

“unbelievably damaging and hurtful act”

“There is no excuse for my actions. I deeply regret the pain I’ve caused Ms Nyong’o, a woman I’ve admired for quite some time now. Again, I would like to say I’m deeply sorry to everyone I did offend.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/n ... al-mistake

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

InfraRedBucket wrote:“unbelievably damaging and hurtful act”

“There is no excuse for my actions. I deeply regret the pain I’ve caused Ms Nyong’o, a woman I’ve admired for quite some time now. Again, I would like to say I’m deeply sorry to everyone I did offend.

Literal rape.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

I got a job at a sawmill, basically replacing a guy that went through a woodchipper.
The crew were pretty upset, not telling jokes about it or anything.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Yes, because the cue-ball look is euro-centric.

The proper answer: 'I photoshopped out part of your hair so the teaser quotes on the cover would be legible. I also reduced some of the shine on your cheekbones, and I reserve the right to narrow your or any model's hips at my discretion. It's part & parcel of what we do in the fashion mag industry. If you've got a problem with that, Ms. Nyong'o, you can suck my dick'o.'

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

The proper answer: 'I photoshopped out part of your hair so the teaser quotes on the cover would be legible. I also reduced some of the shine on your cheekbones, and I reserve the right to narrow your or any model's hips at my discretion. It's part & parcel of what we do in the fashion mag industry. If you've got a problem with that, Ms. Nyong'o, you can suck my dick'o.'

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Service Dog wrote:Paris Hilton's trademark accessory was Tinkerbell, the purse-puppy chihuahua on her arm.
https://i.imgur.com/Ek7ChfM.jpg

A decade later-- you've come a long way baby. A tiny dog no longer cuts it, in the purse puppy game.

Today's fashionista accessorizes with actual human props. In 2016, everyone needed a tranny bff. In current year: a muslim purse puppy.

Girlboss Sophia flaunted her very-own muslim, at the Klam Rally. Meet MuslimGirl.com... you're gonna love her voice...

My favorite-- was the part where she had to pixel-out a tiny bit of her flesh, to stay kosher/ avoid being beheaded/ etc.

...and the very-end, where she & her chauffeur attribute being pulled-over by cops to her headscarf-- and dispute whether "failing to yield to pedestrians" is actually a crime. (They were pulled-over on my block!!)

Here's another girlboss vlog... At 2:22 there's a bit about the gender pay gap...
apparently black women make "3 cents on the dollar". Versus who? I think black men actually earn less.

Paris Hilton adopted a Potbelly Piglet when it was cute and small and fuzzy. Years later it became a huge beast. She kept it and still loved it like crazy.

I'm no fan of Hilton, but she pretty much bumped up several levels of magnitude in my esteem of her when I learned about that.

free thoughtpolice

This just in. Jenny Kiss reporting on Kevin Logan's assault on Blair white where he stomps on her hand. More evidence that you can't trust male feminists.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Sunder wrote:I'm too germophobic to go around collecting bodily fluids.

Also I don't know how urine "ages" but my first thought on seeing that strong mustard coloration in the thumbnail is "you need to drink more water."
It ages to a fine ammonia.

You can look up how Harris Tweed is made - if you want to see one of it's traditional uses.

free thoughtpolice

Phil wrote:
Paris Hilton adopted a Potbelly Piglet when it was cute and small and fuzzy. Years later it became a huge beast. She kept it and still loved it like crazy.

I'm no fan of Hilton, but she pretty much bumped up several levels of magnitude in my esteem of her when I learned about that.
I agree. Being a pigfucker is definitely better than her previous behavior.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Service Dog wrote:(nod to Diversity & Comics for coining 'purse puppy')
I believe he said it came from a Trans acquaintance. But D&C has definitely been a vector in it's popularization.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

some guy wrote:
screwtape wrote:
some guy wrote:[.quote="jugheadnaut"

One question was "Hi Bill. If the Sun is hot, why is space cold?", which 10th grade science students could easily answer. He obviously didn't know and tried to make a joke.

[.quote="Bill Nye"]There is a fantastic amount of space in space. I mean it's not all that cold, is it? It's 3 Kelvins. Toasty.[.quote]

Complete nonsense...and"Kelvins"?. He doesn't even know the basic terminology. I'll remember the next time I hear him talk about global warming that he doesn't even have the most preliminary understanding of the fundamentals of thermal physics.[./quote]
What's wrong with saying "3 Kelvins"? That would be the correct way to state the approximate temperature of space (although "2.7 Kelvins" would be a bit more accurate).
Should be either 'Three degrees absolute', or 'Three Kelvin'.
I think you are 50 years behind the times. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelvin#Usage_conventions
No more "degrees absolute", and Kelvin in its plural form when more than one.
Wow, learn something new every day. There does seem to be some dispute over the matter, still, since CERN's guidelines say:
kelvin

Spell out on first mention; note the lower-case k (all SI units are lower case when spelled out); can be abbreviated to K in subsequent mentions. And note that it is always kelvin, even when plural (not kelvins or degrees kelvin).
Don't ever recall hearing or reading the pluralization 'Kelvins' before, including during a couple of advanced thermal physics courses as an undergrad. Nye's statement is still gibberish, I just thought that was the cherry on top. But if it's the official SI usage he definitely gets a pass on 'Kelvins', even if it's not commonly used. Personally, I'll be a reactionary and continue to use just Kelvin or degrees Kelvin.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: Paris Hilton adopted a Potbelly Piglet when it was cute and small and fuzzy. Years later it became a huge beast. She kept it and still loved it like crazy.

Paris Hilton was funny & considerate... in the 12 minutes I once spent with her. I got no beef with her.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Anyone can get something wrong. I remember Isaac Asimov saying how he got tripped up by some smart alec asking him what the closest star to earth is.

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

I don't know why I'm posting this here. But it's stupid enough that some people might get a kick out of it.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

The silly cow was sporting the cue ball when she was caught having sex in a parked car and asked the one unforgivable question: 'Don't you know who I am?' I might be weird, but I zero out all respect for anyone once they ask that.

Really?

Post by Really? »

screwtape wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

The silly cow was sporting the cue ball when she was caught having sex in a parked car and asked the one unforgivable question: 'Don't you know who I am?' I might be weird, but I zero out all respect for anyone once they ask that.

Different actress.
Daniele Watts played slave CoCo in the Oscar-winning 2012 film

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:

Hey, Britney Spears had a pot-bellied pig once. It got real gross too.

https://www.usmagazine.com/wp-content/u ... 583&crop=1

She was smart. She got rid of it.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

The bastard also appears to have slighted the sky with the erasure of some clouds on the RHS.

:o

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

IIRC, Larry Niven uses 'degrees Kelvin' on the first page of his Neutron Star short story collection. Can't remember which story that is.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

PZ in full attack mode is a fearsome sight indeed.

http://i.imgur.com/kUxnA5h.jpg

His wild heart beats with painful sobs,
His strin’d hands clench an ice-cold rifle,
His aching jaws grip a hot parch’d tongue,
His wide eyes search unconsciously.

He cannot shriek.

Bloody saliva
Dribbles down his shapeless jacket.

I saw him stab
And stab again
A well-killed Boche.

This is the happy warrior,
This is he…

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

free thoughtpolice wrote:This just in. Jenny Kiss reporting on Kevin Logan's assault on Blair white where he stomps on her hand. More evidence that you can't trust male feminists.
And par of Jenny, she lies about Kevin Logan being involved. She lies for attention. I don't have a lot of love for Kevin Logan, but he doesn't deserve that kind of bullshit.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Memories of the glory days restoring a little of that lost vigor? It's almost sad, honestly. Nobody is going to recognize him, let alone kick him out.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Has she apologised to Grazie for accusing them of white imperialism?

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

When his star was still ascendant...

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

What's wrong with saying "3 Kelvins"? That would be the correct way to state the approximate temperature of space (although "2.7 Kelvins" would be a bit more accurate).
Its when they start oscillating at 100 Malcolms per second that you need to worry. That's a Bernard.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

No Stocking from South New Jersey this Christmas then.

:twatson:

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

DrokkIt wrote:If there's one thing us Brits do with aplomb, it's applying stringent bureaucracy in an indifferent, asinine way:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ox ... e-41966554
A teacher is facing disciplinary action at his school after he referred to a transgender pupil as a girl, although the student identifies as a boy.
Joshua Sutcliffe, a Christian pastor from Oxford, admitted he said "Well done girls" when addressing a group including the student.
What a time to be alive.
So she wants to identify as a boy?

This is what happens when you fill school libraries with Enid Blyton's The Famous Five. All the 'Georginas' demand to be called 'George'.

Just a few years ago, people in Britain handled this sensibly. George would never answer if you called her Georgina, but she wouldn't throw you in jail.

When did we go insane?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Oh FFS
THE Lord of the Rings TV series is moving forward at Amazon with the streaming service giving the series a multi-season production commitment, the company has announced.

Set in Middle Earth, the television adaptation will explore new storylines preceding The Fellowship of the Ring.

The deal also includes a potential additional spin-off series.
The corpse of a beautiful lady has been dug up, repeatedly defiled and now it's fucked in the arse.

Have you no shame, none at all?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Really? wrote:
screwtape wrote: The silly cow was sporting the cue ball when she was caught having sex in a parked car and asked the one unforgivable question: 'Don't you know who I am?' I might be weird, but I zero out all respect for anyone once they ask that.

Different actress.
Screwtape thinks all nappy/cueball actresses of color who play slaves look alike.
thats_racist.gif
(136.54 KiB) Downloaded 109 times

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Really? wrote:
screwtape wrote: The silly cow was sporting the cue ball when she was caught having sex in a parked car and asked the one unforgivable question: 'Don't you know who I am?' I might be weird, but I zero out all respect for anyone once they ask that.

Different actress.
Screwtape thinks all nappy/cueball actresses of color who play slaves look alike.
thats_racist.gif

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

I watched Alien: Covenant today for the first time, and bloody hell, it was a good experience!

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Shatterface wrote:IIRC, Larry Niven uses 'degrees Kelvin' on the first page of his Neutron Star short story collection. Can't remember which story that is.
Six degrees Of Kelvin Bacon?

Please shoot me now.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

deLurch wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:This just in. Jenny Kiss reporting on Kevin Logan's assault on Blair white where he stomps on her hand. More evidence that you can't trust male feminists.
And par of Jenny, she lies about Kevin Logan being involved. She lies for attention. I don't have a lot of love for Kevin Logan, but he doesn't deserve that kind of bullshit.
She looks like a trans Romulan. Hopefully, the producers of Star Trek:Discovery don't get any ideas.