In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Old subthreads
Kirbmarc

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Post by Kirbmarc »

MarcusAu wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
A black American ethno-state of millions of people, many of whom left with far less job opportunities, would collapse into bankruptcy and infighting even more quickly than a white ethno-state, if only because black are on average already poorer than whites.
Liberia seemed to be doing relatively OK for quite a while - not sure how much it was propped up by America and the UK though. Also I don't know if it exactly fits the model of an ethno-state.
Also it wasn't a country within a country, it was a sovereign state which wasn't surrounded by a white ethno-state.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

MarcusAu wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
A black American ethno-state of millions of people, many of whom left with far less job opportunities, would collapse into bankruptcy and infighting even more quickly than a white ethno-state, if only because black are on average already poorer than whites.
Liberia seemed to be doing relatively OK for quite a while - not sure how much it was propped up by America and the UK though. Also I don't know if it exactly fits the model of an ethno-state.
Also it wasn't a country within a country, it was a sovereign state which wasn't surrounded by a white ethno-state.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

An article at Slate says that Louis CK's apology was okay, but no apology can suffice. So what's the point of apologizing? Your career is already over, might as well go out with some dignity. He should've said something like: "Yes my behavior was unprofessional, indecent, and let's be honest-bizarre, but any adult person who tells you that they were traumatized or injured in some way by seeing my genitalia is either lying to you, or has at least as many mental problems as I do."

Really?

Post by Really? »

katamari Damassi wrote:An article at Slate says that Louis CK's apology was okay, but no apology can suffice. So what's the point of apologizing? Your career is already over, might as well go out with some dignity. He should've said something like: "Yes my behavior was unprofessional, indecent, and let's be honest-bizarre, but any adult person who tells you that they were traumatized or injured in some way by seeing my genitalia is either lying to you, or has at least as many mental problems as I do."
Does jerking off in front of a woman after asking count as "sexual assault?"

And if you laugh at any of the guy's work, you're "accepting his worldview," which pretty much makes you a rapist.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... dian-actor

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

katamari Damassi wrote:An article at Slate says that Louis CK's apology was okay, but no apology can suffice. So what's the point of apologizing? Your career is already over, might as well go out with some dignity. He should've said something like: "Yes my behavior was unprofessional, indecent, and let's be honest-bizarre, but any adult person who tells you that they were traumatized or injured in some way by seeing my genitalia is either lying to you, or has at least as many mental problems as I do."
He needs to prostrate himself before women.
Then castrate himself.
Then prostate himself.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

DrokkIt wrote:
Then castrate himself.
Then prostate himself.
No, it's not enough. He'll never be forgiven. Hell Charlotte Proudman publicly shamed an unlucky man who simply complimented her on her looks in a private conversation on a professional social medium, which is far less indecent (and I dare to say less unprofessional) than jerking off before others. Louis C.K. is toast, and feminists will use him as guilt by association from now on. He largely brought it on himself (who the hell thinks that it's a good idea to jerk off before people you haven't at least hooked up with?) but in today's social climate he's not just a dumb, pathetic pervert, he's a monster on par with Fred West or Jimmy Savile, at least in the court of media opinion.

Really?

Post by Really? »

DrokkIt wrote:
Then castrate himself.
Then prostate himself.
Future headlines:

LOUIS CK KEEPS THE FOCUS ON HIS JUNK BY BUYING A HALF-HOUR OF NETWORK PRIME TIME FOR CASTRATION SPECIAL

AT IT AGAIN: LOUIS CK ASKS WOMEN TO ATTEND HIS RITUAL CASTRATION

RECENTLY CASTRATED LOUIS CK STILL INVITING WOMEN TO INSPECT HIS GENITALS

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Reading the above, I hereby institute the Pit Pledge:

"I will never, ever apologize to an SJW for anything."

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Lsuoma wrote:Reading the above, I hereby institute the Pit Pledge:

This sentiment is (probably) what the Sargon faction was actually cheering at MythCon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

When in doubt, reply with: Fuck That Shit.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

MarcusAu wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
The American slave descendants only make up 2.5% of the population and now the nation's recent history is marred by inter ethnic violence. See, this is why you genocide the original inhabitants as soon as you get there. Clearly they learned nothing from their time in our country :snooty:

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Really? wrote:Does jerking off in front of a woman after asking count as "sexual assault?"
Self abuse is the worst form of sexual abuse because it blurs the distinction between victim and perpetrator.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Now young girls can have a Barbie doll that chooses to wear the hijab. Young girls will have to purchase an extra doll of one of muslim Barbie's male relatives or husband if they want to take her out of the house or pretend to go shopping.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/ba ... -1.4401368

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Now young girls can have a Barbie doll that chooses to wear the hijab. Young girls will have to purchase an extra doll of one of muslim Barbie's male relatives or husband if they want to take her out of the house or pretend to go shopping.
Oh geeze please let me quote you on this on other social medias

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Shatterface wrote:
jet_lagg wrote:It makes a perverse kind of sense. If you're an especially aggrieved black person who feels white people are the source of all your woes, you'll find no shortage white people willing to solve "your" problem by setting up neat little borders with whites on one side and blacks on the other. I think the main conflict is one of personality types.
I think there's a lot of truth in this in general and SJWs are aligning up personality types with political positions.

A woman or a black person talks about underachievement in terms of society and oppression and SJWs identify then with the Left; if a woman or a black person talks about underachievement as a personal failure they identify them with the Right - as gender/race traitors who can be ignored or deplatformed.

If a man or a white person blames their failure on society SJWs identify them with the Right as misogynists and white supremacists.

I suppose it's equally possible that there are equal numbers of whiny bitches in each group but who gets a platform depends on who they are.
This is spot on the fuckin' money. The left tries to put everyone in groups and judges them on group identity; the right is focused on the individual. At some point in people's lives they will either sit up and do something about a problem (e.g., I'm fat! I need to take personal responsibility if I want to keep my health and sort that out) or they will blame society instead (e.g., I'm fat! Society says I'm not healthy, society is wrong). Every single social justice warrior issue is this. Muslims see something they don't like, and instead of taking personal responsibility over their feelings and choosing to either ignore something or fucking not be a pussy bitch, they blame society because society is wrong. This is why feminism and Islam can live happily in the same camp despite being fundamentally opposed.

WE JUST SOLVED LEFTISM

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

And Jessica Valenti manages yet again to get it all completely fucking wrong:
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ore-me-too
Mitch McConnell said that Moore should pull from the Senate race “if these allegations are true,” but didn’t elaborate on why multiple women going on the record wasn’t proof enough of the truth.

In truth, the woman alleged Moore tried to get her to fondle his genitals.
Believe the victims, but the Guardian legal department still insisted I write "alleged".

... the comedian’s alleged behavior (masturbating in front of women without consent)

According to one of his accusers, CK apologized for asking to masturbate in front of her...

Exposing yourself to women and masturbating without their consent is a form of a sexual harassment and abuse
"ask", "consent" -- do I really hafta look up the meaning of these big, unfamiliar words before I go to press?

it’s meant to intimidate and to humiliate. Alexandra Katehakis, the clinical director of the Center for Healthy Sex, told The Cut: “A man who does this kind of thing likes to see a woman feel terror and beg him to stop...There’s a sadism and a cruelty to it.

"Exhibitionists purposefully look to shock their victims because they are angry.... — these are acts of revenge against women. These men are imposing the body part that is most threatening to a female ....”
I found a fellow man-hating source who shares my belief that all men are evil and penises are scary. and I'm running with it. No need to talk about paraphilia.*

As #MeToo outs more men, we will see a doubling down on misogynist norms and excuses for male violence. I’m fairly certain that’s why we’re seeing so many women come out with their stories all at once now - many of them know that a few weeks from now, they may not be believed.

We’re getting a glimpse of how sexism could undo the progress of the last few months, and how women could suffer because of it. The backlash will snowball just quickly as the accusations against men have. Best we prepare for the storm.
The Patriarchy is out there, it's everywhere. It sees all, it knows all, and it will strike back.

Several theories have been proposed regarding the origins of exhibitionism. As of 2002, however, none are considered conclusive
They include:

Biological theories. These generally hold that testosterone, the hormone that influences the sexual drive in both men and women, increases the susceptibility of males to develop deviant sexual behaviors. Some medications used to treat exhibitionists are given to lower the patients' testosterone levels.

Learning theories. Several studies have shown that emotional abuse in childhood and family dysfunction are both significant risk factors in the development of exhibitionism.

Psychoanalytical theories. These are based on the assumption that male gender identity requires the male child's separation from his mother psychologically so that he does not identify with her as a member of the same sex, the way a girl does. It is thought that exhibitionists regard their mothers as rejecting them on the basis of their different genitals. Therefore, they grow up with the desire to force women to accept them by making women look at their genitals.

Head trauma. There are a small number of documented cases of men becoming exhibitionists following traumatic brain injury (TBI) without previous histories of alcohol abuse or sexual offenses.

A childhood history of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). The reason for the connection is not yet known, but researchers at Harvard have discovered that patients with multiple paraphilias have a much greater likelihood of having had ADHD as children than men with only one paraphilia.
http://www.minddisorders.com/Del-Fi/Exhibitionism.html

Causes of Exhibitionism
Just like any other mental disorder it is hard to determine the cause of Exhibitionism and it can vary in every individual. Although none have been conclusive, several theories regarding the cause of this disorder have been proposed. One theory is that a person who suffers emotional abuse as a child or has a dysfunctional family can grow up to develop this disorder. Or, there is the biological theory that states that people with high levels of testosterone are predisposed to develop sexually deviant behavior, which can ultimately lead to the act of Exhibitionism.
https://www.allaboutcounseling.com/libr ... bitionism/

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Now young girls can have a Barbie doll that chooses to wear the hijab. Young girls will have to purchase an extra doll of one of muslim Barbie's male relatives or husband if they want to take her out of the house or pretend to go shopping.

Sorted!

https://i.imgur.com/V42rwnC.png

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Mitch McConnell said that Moore should pull from the Senate race “if these allegations are true,” but didn’t elaborate on why multiple women going on the record wasn’t proof enough of the truth.

Believe the victims, but the Guardian legal department still insisted I write "alleged".

... the comedian’s alleged behavior (masturbating in front of women without consent)

According to one of his accusers, CK apologized for asking to masturbate in front of her...

Exposing yourself to women and masturbating without their consent is a form of a sexual harassment and abuse
"ask", "consent" -- do I really hafta look up the meaning of these big, unfamiliar words before I go to press?

it’s meant to intimidate and to humiliate. Alexandra Katehakis, the clinical director of the Center for Healthy Sex, told The Cut: “A man who does this kind of thing likes to see a woman feel terror and beg him to stop...There’s a sadism and a cruelty to it.

"Exhibitionists purposefully look to shock their victims because they are angry.... — these are acts of revenge against women. These men are imposing the body part that is most threatening to a female ....”
I found a fellow man-hating source who shares my belief that all men are evil and penises are scary. and I'm running with it. No need to talk about paraphilia.*

As #MeToo outs more men, we will see a doubling down on misogynist norms and excuses for male violence. I’m fairly certain that’s why we’re seeing so many women come out with their stories all at once now - many of them know that a few weeks from now, they may not be believed.

We’re getting a glimpse of how sexism could undo the progress of the last few months, and how women could suffer because of it. The backlash will snowball just quickly as the accusations against men have. Best we prepare for the storm.
The Patriarchy is out there, it's everywhere. It sees all, it knows all, and it will strike back.

Several theories have been proposed regarding the origins of exhibitionism. As of 2002, however, none are considered conclusive
They include:

Biological theories. These generally hold that testosterone, the hormone that influences the sexual drive in both men and women, increases the susceptibility of males to develop deviant sexual behaviors. Some medications used to treat exhibitionists are given to lower the patients' testosterone levels.

Learning theories. Several studies have shown that emotional abuse in childhood and family dysfunction are both significant risk factors in the development of exhibitionism.

Psychoanalytical theories. These are based on the assumption that male gender identity requires the male child's separation from his mother psychologically so that he does not identify with her as a member of the same sex, the way a girl does. It is thought that exhibitionists regard their mothers as rejecting them on the basis of their different genitals. Therefore, they grow up with the desire to force women to accept them by making women look at their genitals.

Head trauma. There are a small number of documented cases of men becoming exhibitionists following traumatic brain injury (TBI) without previous histories of alcohol abuse or sexual offenses.

A childhood history of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). The reason for the connection is not yet known, but researchers at Harvard have discovered that patients with multiple paraphilias have a much greater likelihood of having had ADHD as children than men with only one paraphilia.

Causes of Exhibitionism
Just like any other mental disorder it is hard to determine the cause of Exhibitionism and it can vary in every individual. Although none have been conclusive, several theories regarding the cause of this disorder have been proposed. One theory is that a person who suffers emotional abuse as a child or has a dysfunctional family can grow up to develop this disorder. Or, there is the biological theory that states that people with high levels of testosterone are predisposed to develop sexually deviant behavior, which can ultimately lead to the act of Exhibitionism.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

They include:

Causes of Exhibitionism

free thoughtpolice

Oh geeze please let me quote you on this on other social medias
Go for it Rayshul.

katamari Damassi

shoutinghorse wrote:

Sorted!

And like a good muslim woman; Barbie has already had her genitalia removed.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

d4m10n wrote:

This sentiment is (probably) what the Sargon faction was actually cheering at MythCon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Yeah, it sounds about right. The political and social climate around certain issues is so toxic that people are just glad to see smug holier-than-thou wannabe censors knocked down a peg.

I'm convinced that the call-out culture of the SocJus has alienated far more people than it has persuaded. Most of them aren't even anti-SJW, they're just sick of all the bullshit and don't care anymore. I think that the more the SJWs will double down on certain issues the less people will care about them. Even the current zero tolerance policy on sex scandals will actually lead to more apathy towards the issue rather than to any kind of real change.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

:lol:

And if they can't find a Ken doll for their hijab Barbie they can always paint a beard on another Barbie doll and pretend he's her cousin.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Shatterface wrote:
Really? wrote:Does jerking off in front of a woman after asking count as "sexual assault?"
Self abuse is the worst form of sexual abuse because it blurs the distinction between victim and perpetrator.
especially when you got yourself drunk and was unable to give yourself consent to you.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Shatterface wrote:
especially when you got yourself drunk and was unable to give yourself consent to you.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Kirbmarc wrote: I'm convinced that the call-out culture of the SocJus has alienated far more people than it has persuaded.
The damage done is incalculable. It's going to be another decade before we can even broach the subject of diversity without starting a shitstorm. I expect the alt-right and alt-right adjacent will have grown in number and rhetorical skill by then as well. There's a whole generation of politically minded young souls for whom this is the formative environment.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

rayshul wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
jet_lagg wrote:It makes a perverse kind of sense. If you're an especially aggrieved black person who feels white people are the source of all your woes, you'll find no shortage white people willing to solve "your" problem by setting up neat little borders with whites on one side and blacks on the other. I think the main conflict is one of personality types.
I think there's a lot of truth in this in general and SJWs are aligning up personality types with political positions.

A woman or a black person talks about underachievement in terms of society and oppression and SJWs identify then with the Left; if a woman or a black person talks about underachievement as a personal failure they identify them with the Right - as gender/race traitors who can be ignored or deplatformed.

If a man or a white person blames their failure on society SJWs identify them with the Right as misogynists and white supremacists.

I suppose it's equally possible that there are equal numbers of whiny bitches in each group but who gets a platform depends on who they are.
This is spot on the fuckin' money. The left tries to put everyone in groups and judges them on group identity; the right is focused on the individual. At some point in people's lives they will either sit up and do something about a problem (e.g., I'm fat! I need to take personal responsibility if I want to keep my health and sort that out) or they will blame society instead (e.g., I'm fat! Society says I'm not healthy, society is wrong). Every single social justice warrior issue is this. Muslims see something they don't like, and instead of taking personal responsibility over their feelings and choosing to either ignore something or fucking not be a pussy bitch, they blame society because society is wrong. This is why feminism and Islam can live happily in the same camp despite being fundamentally opposed.

WE JUST SOLVED LEFTISM
#NotAllLeftists

The attitude of blaming society for one's problems is typical of identity politics, both on the left and on the right (lots of online white supremacists rants and rave about how they can't find a wife because of mixed marriage or some other bullshit).

A reasonable, evidence-based left isn't much about blaming one's personal problems on society, but recognizing that society isn't perfect as it is, but always needs some degree of adjustments in order to function and to react to new challenges, not to mention to avoid leaving some people behind, which creates a whole lot of trouble.

A functional social democratic left isn't focused on creating a nanny state that give every single Protected Identity something nice to stop the whining, but on protecting equal human rights for everyone, assuring that the largest possible number of people are reasonably healthy, not excessively poor and educated enough to find a decent-paying job, on promoting meritocracy by helping brilliant but poor or social disconnected people, on ensuring governmental transparency, a healthy balance of independent powers, protection from abuses of authority and a decent legal representation even for people who can't afford a crack-shot legal team and on regulating the market to avoid as much as possible damaging monopolies, cronyism and powerful lobbies.

The SocJus is part of the left, but is far from all of it. Actually the existence of the SocJus is an obstacle to the solution of some real social issues that a more reasonable left could try to tackle. People spend way too much time and effort discussing fat-shaming in video games or "cultural appropriation" or the damage done by mean tweets or the right pronouns for the 586859659 genders other First World Problems and not enough focusing on improving healthcare, reforming welfare, fighting cronyism, promoting transparency, etc. etc.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

jet_lagg wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: I'm convinced that the call-out culture of the SocJus has alienated far more people than it has persuaded.
The damage done is incalculable. It's going to be another decade before we can even broach the subject of diversity without starting a shitstorm. I expect the alt-right and alt-right adjacent will have grown in number and rhetorical skill by then as well. There's a whole generation of politically minded young souls for whom this is the formative environment.
I think that in order to at least repair some of the damage done by the SocJus we need a strong leftist anti-SJW movement. The alt-right is as collectivist and identity-driven as the SJ orthodoxy, and the center-left and center-right are too weak and too full of entryists to appeal to the youth. I can't see it happening anytime soon, though, since when people like Sanders even try to approach the issue they're instantly demonized as alt-righters.

My biggest fear is that the next political generation will be ALL about identity and identity politics on all sides of the aisle.

free thoughtpolice

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

katamari Damassi wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:

Sorted!

And like a good muslim woman; Barbie has already had her genitalia removed.
Alt-Right Barbie is going to fuck up your shit.

Really?

Post by Really? »

He's managed to slip out of a lot of traps in his day. Could this be the one that brings Travolta down?

http://radaronline.com/videos/john-trav ... ce-report/
RadarOnline.com has exclusively obtained the explosive police report that charges the devout Scientologist, 63, of harassing a male spa employee during a late-night rub-down.

The Saturday Night Fever actor allegedly groped the man’s bare buttocks, indecently exposed himself and made lewd remarks about gay fantasies.

The supposed victim’s shocking description of the incident threatens to blow the lid off Travolta’s long-rumored double life as a happily married family man.

It took place at the LaQuinta Hotel in Palm Springs, Calif., when Travolta demanded a deep body massage at the facility’s spa, which had been opened after midnight for the actor’s private use on Feb. 15, 2000.

But the man claims Travolta wanted a more intimate rubdown.

During the massage, the star kept removing the towel “exposing” his bare buttocks, according to the never-before-seen official report.

PHOTOS: John Travolta On ‘American Crime Story’ Set Amid ‘Fake’ Marriage Rumors & Scientology Scandals

After the masseur administered a body scrub treatment, he says Travolta told him “he was very attractive and that he had gotten him ‘excited.’”

Travolta then asked the masseur to join him in the spa’s steam room, “so he wouldn’t be alone,” says the man, who complied with the request.

Totally naked after dropping his towel, Travolta then offered to demonstrate his own massage techniques on the masseur.

As the man lay on his stomach, “Travolta reached under his towel and began to rub his inner thigh.”

Then the actor “began rubbing [the masseur’s] bare buttocks as well as in the groove between.”

PHOTOS: Hollywood’s Shocking Sex Scandal: Inside Rape & Abuse Claims Against Harvey Weinstein

The masseur said he felt uncomfortable and left, but then Travolta followed, offering to “soap up” his back while he showered.

As the masseur was packing up his massage table that had been set up in Travolta’s room, he claimed the actor peppered him with suggestive queries, including “what he would do if he ever had sexual encounter with another man,” and added “if so, tell him what he would do so [Travolta] could have something to fantasize about.’”

Traumatized by what happened, the 21-year-old reported the incident to Palm Springs Sheriff’s Department, who sent an officer to the scene.

Upon arriving at the hotel, Officer Mark Peters was told an employee wanted to file complaint against Travolta for sexual battery, his report states.

The spa had been opened at 1:30 AM specifically for Travolta’s use only.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Tigzy wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:A white person slightly alters the picture of a black actress: racism! Insensitivity! The worst thing since Hitler! Apologize immediately or you'll regret it!

A Muslim woman is pals with and praises known anti-semites: she sounds like the right person to lead a panel on how to fight anti-Semitism!

#Muslim Privilege.
That white guy was actually Vietnamese.
More white Nguyen than white guy, then.
:clap:

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I kind of think the nazis on the right are lost tbh. They did start off with the left.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

Twice.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Shatterface wrote:
Ha! Surely that's stolen from the Godfrey Elfwick's twitter?

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

Re CK and consent, Defamer claims that in at least one case, the women said he stood in front of a door blocking them from leaving.

defamer.gawker com/louis-c-k-will-call-you-up-to-talk-about-his-alleged-s-1687820755
This was not the first allegation of sexual misconduct levied against C.K. In March of 2012, we ran a blind item titled “Which Beloved Comedian Likes to Force Female Comics to Watch Him Jerk Off?,” which described an incident that had supposedly taken place in Aspen a few years prior involving “our nation’s most hilarious stand-up comic and critically cherished sitcom auteur” and two unnamed female comedians:

> At the Aspen Comedy Festival a few years ago, he invited a female comedy duo back to his hotel room. The two ladies gladly joined him, and offered him some weed. He turned it down, but asked if it would be OK if he took his dick out.

> Thinking he was joking (that’s exactly the kind of thing this guy would say), the women gave a facetious thumbs up. He wasn’t joking. When he actually started jerking off in front of them, the ladies decided that wasn’t their bag and made for the exit. But the comedian stood in front of the door, blocking their way with his body, until he was done.

John D

Post by John D »

I never thought I would like Tucker Carlson so much... god... what a strange world.

free thoughtpolice

So Thunderf00t got a science video demonetized because it had the words naked eye in the title?

free thoughtpolice

So John D. You agree with Mothertucker that liberals always generalize about different groups? And that all liberals hate white people? Now that you have admitted to liking that disingenuous smarmy POS Carlson I will just assume you agree with everything he says.
Also, considering what an easy target he had there, I would say he did a hohum job od shooting him down.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Youtube's endgame appears to be turning their site into cable TV.

No matter how badly this fails it deserves to fail even harder.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Another shooting spree:

http://abc7.com/2647030/

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Another shooting spree:

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

I guess this song is also demontized ??

free thoughtpolice

Sunder wrote:Youtube's endgame appears to be turning their site into cable TV.

No matter how badly this fails it deserves to fail even harder.
Interesting how during the 2016 elections youtube was paying dozens of Kremlin sponsored channels to broadcast propaganda to influence the elections. Presumably their new system to remedy that monumental fuckup is to review any channel that receives a complaint and rule on the video according to how much the Anita Sarkeezian crowd likes or dislikes the person that made the video. If the video makes it through the first review you can just keep complaining until someone that hates the videos maker sees it.
Presumably, the major push is to assure advertiser friendly content but if they are going to screw over content producers like this they eventually will be stuck with pablum content and not enough viewers to draw advertisers.

katamari Damassi

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Another shooting spree:

I'm sure it's crisis actors trying to help Obama take our guns.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Barbie's Boyfriend wrote:I guess this song is also demontized ??

It should be, but I'm a Lou Johnson fan.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Make sure that's not dirty, Sanchez! :lol: :lol: :lol:

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

katamari Damassi wrote:

I feel like punching someone in the face whenever I see them using "crisis actor" seriously. That is some pretty low, stupid shit.

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

katamari Damassi wrote:

I feel like punching someone in the face whenever I see them using "crisis actor" seriously. That is some pretty low, stupid shit.

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

katamari Damassi wrote:

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

katamari Damassi wrote:

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

wft?

free thoughtpolice

I just realized I have yet to experience the world's most exciting dry fly fishing.

John D

Post by John D »

free thoughtpolice wrote:So John D. You agree with Mothertucker that liberals always generalize about different groups? And that all liberals hate white people? Now that you have admitted to liking that disingenuous smarmy POS Carlson I will just assume you agree with everything he says.
Also, considering what an easy target he had there, I would say he did a hohum job od shooting him down.
Haha... so you don't enjoy someone taking apart a leftist commie university shit-head? Whatever.

Of course I don't agree with everything Carlson says.... what is odd is that I used to disagree with everything Carlson said just a few short years ago. Things have changed quite a bit.... that's all I'm sayin.

Also... I just made some really good Brussels Sprouts for dinner.

free thoughtpolice

John D; I like brussels sprouts. BUtter and garlic?
All conservatives are nazis. :P

John D

Post by John D »

free thoughtpolice wrote:John D; I like brussels sprouts. BUtter and garlic?
All conservatives are nazis. :P
Cut sprouts in half. Place on baking dish with the open end up. Spray with olive oil. Sprinkle with spices (garlic etc). Bake at 350 F till the ends start to brown. Cover with shredded mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Broil till the cheese is brown.... enjoy.

free thoughtpolice

Take a cup. Add 1/4 cup garlic, 1 tbsp finely chopped cilantro add lemon juice until you reach 1/2 cup, add 1/2 olive oil
allow to sit at room temperature for at least an hour.
Drizzle over steamed Brussels sprouts when serving if you are too much of an anti-garlic butter pussy.
Great when combined with feta cheese as a sub for mayo on potato salads as well.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

DW Adams wrote:I feel like punching someone in the face whenever I see them using "crisis actor" seriously. That is some pretty low, stupid shit.
As we can all clearly see, DW Adams is an automated Russian bot repeating itself, sent her to throw us off of the scent that crisis actors are being used by Hillary to try and take our guns away.

KenD

Post by KenD »

I'm starting to see a number of UK feminists use the latest sex scandals to push for criminalisation of 'sexual harassment'.

At the moment, outside of the workplace, it's things like stalking or groping that are criminalised by specific laws. They want to extend that criminalisation to various other behaviours, and the concerning thing is just how wide their definition of sexual harassment can be.
"Of course sexual harassment should be criminalised," says Samantha Rennie, director of Rosa, a charity which supports initiatives for women and children.

Two-thirds of UK women have reportedly been sexually harassed so it's important that we have the law behind women, she says.
That 'two-thirds' statistic includes women who've experienced an unwanted sexual advance, had someone stare at their body, or overheard a sexual joke/comment that made them uncomfortable. I can see the argument that it's all unacceptable in the workplace, but what exactly do they want criminalised when it happens on the street or down the pub?

The last time I heard of 'Rosa' they were stirring up moral panic about sexism in music videos, especially the track Blurred Lines. They condemned it as a "rape song" that promotes violence against women and were involved in a petition against it. Their goal was to get sites like Vevo and Youtube to remove it, but the best they did was get it banned by a few right-on clubs and student unions.

I'm pretty sure I remember them, or one of the other feminist groups they were working with, argue that publicly playing songs like Blurred Lines was itself a form of sexual harassment... Not people I'd want deciding what behaviour should be criminal offence.